New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    The fact they admitted to fake claiming doesn't exactly help their case, as I believe it is far more reasonable for a neutral to claim neutral then to get in this mess In the first place. As such I felt that the best choice was batcathat.
    See this sounds more like I have an informed opinion not just a casual read and see lots of people going this way kind of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Fun idea, but probably not feasible.

There's 21 players. 1 of which is probably the vote-manip Child of Apollo. Let's hope they claimed to Apogee.
    10 of us vote Batcathat.
    10 of us vote someone else. I would lean Libro, but I guess he's basically town-vetted since batcathat suggested he's lying... so... Valmark had some heat and Xi asked to be lynched, so maybe one of them? Or we vote on whoever the most inactive (flat_footed or BookWombat) voted, since they might not be able to change their vote. Oh, and those both voted for rogue_alchemist, so that's easy.
    Child of Apollo votes a third party.

If all goes as planned:
    -EmmyNecromancer fixes the tie to lynch Batcathat. She maybe exits the game. We presumably get a wolf.
    -Child of Apollo gets verified as his Role. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.
    Even if Batcathat is a wolf and a scumbuddy wants to not play ball to save him, they really can't because doing so would get them lynched D2. If we agree to this, everyone has to play ball.

I loathe changing my vote so many times, but rogue_alchemistto try to make this feasible.
    But I really doubt we'll get enough agreement to go this route. I understand folk want to get the wolf dead and not risk it to a possible-Neutral or (if she's lying) a coinflip.
    I understand your plan, but I would really prefer not to possibly have it come down to a coinflip between me and a wolf. You have a 50/50 chance of hitting a wolf or a town. I like the alternative to setting it up to vote Emmy or BatCatHat so that if emmy can't manipulate it possible catches her in her own lie through the coin-toss. But of course I have a personal stake against your plan, so I know it carries little weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    That is not at all what I'm suggesting.

11 of us vote BatCat
    10 of us vote Emmy

Apogee makes sure that the person who claims being doublevoter is on Emmy.

If Emmy has the ability as her Neutral to decide ties, she will pick for BatCat to die.
    Everyone knows that the doublevoter was on Emmy.

If Emmy is lying, then it goes to a coinflip between two claimed Neutrals including an Emmy who lied.

If the doublevoter lies and is voting Emmy anyway, same scenario as above. If doublevoter lies and is voting BatCat then BatCat dies.

I don't see how there's a downside?
    This is the plan I like best!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm leery of schemes that require everyone to vote a certain way. Too easy for someone to mess it up, deliberately or not. Also I think it's better for town if Emmy stays in the game. (Also also, did Emmy ever actually confirm that their wincon was breaking a tie? Not sure if I missed something.)

EDIT: Ninja'd. I like the version where we test Emmy a little better, since the consequences for screwing up the test are lower. Still think it's likely to not work, though.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-06-02 at 02:57 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Batcathat’s re-claim is a lie. I’ve received an earlier neutral claim from a different child of Iris.
    Claim my role next, Bat!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #214

We don't have to do the testing plan, but there is a way to do it where we don't risk any of the town and a truthful Emmy can keep herself safe.

Activity/everyone lining up their votes right could be an issue, but at the moment we have a comfortable amount of votes on BatCat. If we don't get a plan together, at least we'll still have the lynch we want.

- - - Updated - - -

And if anyone breaks from where they're supposed to be voting, then we know to lynch them next.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

I meant that really only confirms Emmy isn't lying about her power, not anything that matters more, like her alignment.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Batcathat’s re-claim is a lie. I’ve received an earlier neutral claim from a different child of Iris.
    Now this is interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the discussion after my death.

I suspect my main legacy in this game will be the chaos I leave behind. That's something, I guess.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I meant that really only confirms Emmy isn't lying about her power, not anything that matters more, like her alignment.
    if she indeed has that power she is neutral, we just want to get her win con out of her so we can see if she is truly neutral or if she needs someone to die
    Last edited by Shal06; 2021-06-02 at 03:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Child of Nemesis, Tie Breaker, break a tie with my tie breaker ability
    Tie breaker ability: I get to secretly vote someone. That secret vote only works in an event of a time.

Also, AV seems to view me as "Slightly Suspicious." Not as suspicious as some of the others, but still, I'm suspicious.
    There seems to be a lot of confusion about this, so here is the quote where she claimed her power, I am hunting the win-con

EDIT: She never claimed a win-con, though she has posted 1x since the question was posed by Snowblaze.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2021-06-02 at 03:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Now this is interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the discussion after my death.

I suspect my main legacy in this game will be the chaos I leave behind. That's something, I guess.
    Yeah tbh I'm kinda jealous. Can I claim something someone's already picked? How about the daughter of Adranus?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

ClericGuy

Screw it... I wanted to add quotes and everything, but there happened so much, I can't keep up right now. Still using mobile, with makes organizing harder...

So, I agree that Bat is very likely a wolf.
    I don't think I can say anything new about it.

I would like to let you all know, I have a bad feeling about AV.
    Some part of it might be her (?) wolf read for me, but there are multiple things that make me unhappy.

In my point of view, AV keeps her count of neutral players very low. And at least once, she ignored a statement that there might be multiple Neutrals.
    I don't know what the reason for this behavior is, but it feels strange to me.

Another thing is Apogee.
    When I directly asked if we should verify the claim and how we should go for it in order to avoid outing important roles, the response was basically, we can not verify the claim (baring a lynch / kill).
    But later, she said something akin to "Trust, but verify".

Another thing that feels like a contradiction:
    Knowing Apogee is Town (by killing) would be bad&boring. A sure way for town to win.
    But on the other hand, there is the advice to trust Apogee.
    How is a living Apogee with the trust of all the players different to a dead Apogee and a living Sibling?

About the possibilities of a wolf Apogee:
    Either, the Role was not fixed at town, but random. In this case there would be a wolf team with very limited power and they try to get the best out of it.

@Gac Can you confirm that no role had a guaranteed alignment?

I DO think that it's very unlikely that the Siblings are in different teams.

@Gac Can you confirm the Siblings have to share the alignment?

I could see the Siblings not being in the game at all.
    There are multiple Neutral claims and I could definitely see more than one being valid.
    Even one Neutral would allow for the Siblings being out, but it's unlikely.
    But if four roles or more are not active, the Siblings seem like good roles to exclude, since everybody can make QTs. The only powers they have are
    They can trust each other.
    Their QT is save against intruders. If I understand that one neutral power correctly.

I'd be glad for some Neutral to let me know if my points about AV are reasonable. Jeen? What do you think?
    Of course, everybody else is welcome to share their thoughts as well

--------

Waiting for some replies about Jeens Plan before I change my Vote.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Well, quite a bit has happened between my last post and this one. I don't really like the idea of trying to deadlock a vote and hope people are telling the truth, especially on day 1, but even with that it seems like I have to put my own vote back on Batcathat.

If they're wolf (which seems most likely), then all well and good, and I'd want to keep an eye on CaomhintheCape (has at least a few times voted with Batcathat or voted on someone accusing Batcathat, but might just be coincidence).

If they're neutral (as they currently claim), then we've got a mystery to solve next week, since that would mean either Apogee was given a fake counterclaim or Apogee was lying to the group, which opens up its own huge can of worms.

If they're town (utterly unlikely), then there's even more confusion, and more of a mystery to solve.

No matter what, we'll get some info for the town, hopefully.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2021-06-03 at 08:49 AM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

I was asked to confirm whether some roles had to be certain alignments.

When making the game I used a RNG to decide alignments. With the exception of neutral roles being rolls not included in the OP, no role was 100% guaranteed to be a certain alignment. Though I did use arbitrary odds for many of them to make them more to be a town or wolf role. Alignment assignment was not impacted by the results of anyone else's alignment roll unless you count the fact that each wolf made it less likely there would be another.

13. - Top - End - #223

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post

While writing, some replies did come in.

I would not like to kill an Necromancer, even if it's my Enemy.
    So, BatCatHat

Now, could someone please let me know how to strike through my first vote? Mobile friendly, if possible.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-06-03 at 02:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

So, BatCatHat

Now, could someone please let me know how to strike through my first vote? Mobile friendly, if possible.
    [S ] and then end with [ /s]

Remove the spaces in the brackets
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-06-02 at 03:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

So, BatCatHat

While posting next to the spoiler button there should be a symbol of three letters crossed, just select what you want crossed and press that.

Otherwise you can write "[S]" before the vote then the same thing after but with a "/" between the first parenthesis and S.

Like this (if you quote me you should see the code I used).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    [S ] and then end with [ /s]

Remove the spaces in the brackets
    Dang, this explanation is way neater.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I also prefer Cao's plan to my own. I either didn't read it or forgot about it when I was responding. ("Fun idea" wasn't in response to his post, but as in "Here is a fun idea".)

Did someone claim one of the Hades powers?

- - - Updated - - -

Why asking about Hades-claim:

17. - Top - End - #227

ClericGuy

I also prefer Cao's plan to my own. I either didn't read it or forgot about it when I was responding. ("Fun idea" wasn't in response to his post, but as in "Here is a fun idea".)

- - - Updated - - -

It was meant as a wordplay on Emmys Name. I told you I tend to read it as Enemy.

18. - Top - End - #228

That's very true. No way we vote can prove her alignment through this vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Emmy's full name is EmmyNecromancer. I'm guessing that's what he meant.

Also, if you like my idea... any interest in voting either BatCat or Emmy, rather than RA?

Vote Count:

Rogue_Alchemist (3): Flat_Footed, BookWombat, Jeenleen
    Batcathat (11): EmmyNecromancer, Murska, Apogee1, AvatarVecna, Valmark, Elenna, Rogue_Alchemist, Totadileplayz, Xihirli, CaoimhinTheCape, Zelphas, Rogan
    Totadileplayz (1): Batcathat
    BookWombat (1): Libro
    Xirili (1): Mornshine
    CaoimhinTheCape (2): Snowblaze, Bladescape
    EmmyNecromancer (1): Shal06

19. - Top - End - #229

ClericGuy

That's very true. No way we vote can prove her alignment through this vote.
    If her Power is real, It has to be a Neutral role. Unless I misunderstood the rules.

Emmy's full name is EmmyNecromancer. I'm guessing that's what he meant.
    Correct.

20. - Top - End - #230

Oh, you're right Rogan. It would confirm it as a role not in the opening post and therefore not Town or Wolf.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I think Rogan was joking about Emmy being a necromancer and the fact that he read her name as enemy necromancer

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Also, if you like my idea... any interest in voting either BatCat or Emmy, rather than RA?
    I'll be online tomorrow (not close to Day's end, but some during the Day.)
    If flat_footed and BookWombat have been active and moved their vote, I'd be happy to follow. I'm just sticking on RA because I think those are least likely to be around to move their votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Rogue_Alchemist (3): Flat_Footed, BookWombat, Jeenleen
    Batcathat (11): EmmyNecromancer, Murska, Apogee1, AvatarVecna, Valmark, Elenna, Rogue_Alchemist, Totadileplayz, Xihirli, CaoimhinTheCape, Zelphas, Rogan
    Totadileplayz (1): Batcathat
    BookWombat (1): Libro
    Xirili (1): Mornshine
    CaoimhinTheCape (2): Snowblaze, Bladescape
    EmmyNecromancer (1): Shal06
    I think it's 12 votes on Batcathat currently, not 11.
    Everyone has voted, correct?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Screw it... I wanted to add quotes and everything, but there happened so much, I can't keep up right now. Still using mobile, with makes organizing harder...

So, I agree that Bat is very likely a wolf.
    I don't think I can say anything new about it.

I would like to let you all know, I have a bad feeling about AV.
    Some part of it might be her (?) wolf read for me, but there are multiple things that make me unhappy.

In my point of view, AV keeps her count of neutral players very low. And at least once, she ignored a statement that there might be multiple Neutrals.
    I don't know what the reason for this behavior is, but it feels strange to me.

Another thing is Apogee.
    When I directly asked if we should verify the claim and how we should go for it in order to avoid outing important roles, the response was basically, we can not verify the claim (baring a lynch / kill).
    But later, she said something akin to "Trust, but verify".

Another thing that feels like a contradiction:
    Knowing Apogee is Town (by killing) would be bad&boring. A sure way for town to win.
    But on the other hand, there is the advice to trust Apogee.
    How is a living Apogee with the trust of all the players different to a dead Apogee and a living Sibling?

About the possibilities of a wolf Apogee:
    Either, the Role was not fixed at town, but random. In this case there would be a wolf team with very limited power and they try to get the best out of it.

@Gac Can you confirm that no role had a guaranteed alignment?

I DO think that it's very unlikely that the Siblings are in different teams.

@Gac Can you confirm the Siblings have to share the alignment?

I could see the Siblings not being in the game at all.
    There are multiple Neutral claims and I could definitely see more than one being valid.
    Even one Neutral would allow for the Siblings being out, but it's unlikely.
    But if four roles or more are not active, the Siblings seem like good roles to exclude, since everybody can make QTs. The only powers they have are
    They can trust each other.
    Their QT is save against intruders. If I understand that one neutral power correctly.

I'd be glad for some Neutral to let me know if my points about AV are reasonable. Jeen? What do you think?
    Of course, everybody else is welcome to share their thoughts as well

--------

I was just remembering a few games ago when AV was leading town along into the slaughter as SK.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I was asked to confirm whether some roles had to be certain alignments.

When making the game I used a RNG to decide alignments. With the exception of neutral roles being rolls not included in the OP, no role was 100% guaranteed to be a certain alignment. Though I did use arbitrary odds for many of them to make them more to be a town or wolf role. Alignment assignment was not impacted by the results of anyone else's alignment roll unless you count the fact that each wolf made it less likely there would be another.

Follow up questions:

Are the Power description complete?
    Or can there be an additional power?

The Op did not say anything about the Siblings knowing the Alignment of their counterpart. Well, it stated "knowledge of" with could include Alignment.

Gac? I guess a clarification about wether this knowledge includes the alignment would be too much?

I was just remembering a few games ago when AV was leading town along into the slaughter as SK.
    Oh come on... If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment! This is not serious.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

I don't see any real flaws in the logic of the vote plan, we're likely to kill batcathat anyway. So...
    EmmyNecromancer
    to start maneuvering the votes in accordance with the plan.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-03 at 09:14 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Oh come on... If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment! This is not serious.
    Take a walk on the Xihirli side.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well, Gac3 did say my win condition was to "break a tie..."
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2 is currently recruiting.
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2021 @7:43 AM

28. - Top - End - #238

ClericGuy

Take a walk on the Xihirli side.
    Do you have cookies?

--update--

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Well, Gac3 did say my win condition was to "break a tie..."
    Did Gac say something about what happens if you win?
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-06-02 at 04:43 PM. Reason: one more reply

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... no, not anymore unfortunately. I ate them, you see.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

ClericGuy

Uh... no, not anymore unfortunately. I ate them, you see.
    Oh no! Why am I always out of luck?