New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You don't really get to see that until the DLC, though.
    It's the first thing that happens in the entire game, barring the hide-and-seek game with Definitely Not Your Daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I (having only seen the content of zodi's videos) wasn't aware that the ninja assassins weren't working for high overseer Campbell & his allies until I read this. I had assumed they'd arranged the whole thing, based on how fake they sounded when expressing shock over the Empress' death.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They were. Daud is the name of the leader of the assassins. I didn't think this needed to be spoiler tagged, because I'm pretty sure we've heard his name already
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2019-08-14 at 08:37 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    It's the first thing that happens in the entire game, barring the hide-and-seek game with Definitely Not Your Daughter.
    I think it's more the fact that Daud, this character we've only heard about as an assassin the bad guys also want to kill, being involved that counts as a spoiler honestly.

Like, if I hadn't looked at the DLC in prep for playing this game, I'd have never known about it!

Also, while the second game having a DLC called "Death of the Outsider" isn't necessarily a spoiler, and the fact that you learn more about what his deal is in that DLC is pretty obvious, I feel like it's still spoilers to discuss THAT because I'm no were near close to playing it, and because I don't want to know if my theories are right or not until they show up.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-14 at 08:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I specifically didn't go into details about the Outsider's origin for that reason? Everything else in my post was my own opinion.
    Yeah, sorry, wasn't trying to be accusatory, just more that it's really easy for conversations revolving around that kind of stuff to get into places that we haven't been (and confirming stuff that's in question), even by accident.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

As someone who has played Dishonored 1 & 2, I was rather put off by the DLC being called Death of the Outsider. I haven't played it so I don't know what happens, but simply the title made me think, "aww, I really liked this guy. We're killing him?"

Maybe you have the option not too, but I think that sometimes the literal game itself can be a spoiler. Like when a TV teaser shows scenes with a character that was left on a cliffhanger - "Well, I guess that means she lives then."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post
    As someone who has played Dishonored 1 & 2, I was rather put off by the DLC being called Death of the Outsider. I haven't played it so I don't know what happens, but simply the title made me think, "aww, I really liked this guy. We're killing him?"

Maybe you have the option not too, but I think that sometimes the literal game itself can be a spoiler. Like when a TV teaser shows scenes with a character that was left on a cliffhanger - "Well, I guess that means she lives then."
    Yeah, I still need to go through Death of the Outsider myself. I bought it, but then got distracted by other things. Admittedly in the OUtsider's case, I'm not sure how killing him would strictly be possible, so I guess I'll see.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karnitis View Post

Yeah, I always hate when stuff like that happens. Where the fact that something exists spoils something far earlier than you should know anything about that. I mean, I imagine that it's probably the premise, but... still.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Thank you for buying Book 6 of the Harry Potter series! Now get excited for book 7, 'I Can't Believe Snape Kills Dumbledore'"
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    "Thank you for buying Book 6 of the Harry Potter series! Now get excited for book 7, 'I Can't Believe Snape Kills Dumbledore'"
    Star Wars Episode 9: Guess Who is Actually Related to Skywalker?

9. - Top - End - #219

I've never read it, but you'll all be quite shocked about what happens in the novel John Dies At The End.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I've never read it, but you'll all be quite shocked about what happens in the novel John Dies At The End.
    Oh, oh, is it that he actually turns out to be alive?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

I've not read it either, so I googled it.

Spoiler: Spoilers for John Dies at the End
    Show
    It seems that the book postulates that time is non-linear, and therefore that there is no such thing as 'the end'. John does die at one point in the story, but is immediately resurrected because he had a 1-up mushroom, so is still alive at the end of the book.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

12. - Top - End - #222

Youtube's forced update into it's new beta layout caused me to have to delete all my cookies and now I'm pissed. Here's a video.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [10] High Alert

Video Length: 40:14

Yes that time signature is real. I got... distracted. Anyway, the video!

In this one, we deal with Cambell while doing our best to avoid killing Curnow. I, with some amount of panic, do succeed in saving Curnow from death. I also, however, do not succeed in stopping Curnow from signaling the alarm that proceeds to make almost this entire video possibly unwatchable for those who get irritated by loud noises. It certainly made it hard to me to exist in the game world! There really should be a way to turn that **** off because hoo boy, this is unpleasant for a variety of reasons. That all being said, we do actually get rid of Curnow without killing him, proving how humane and good we are as an assassin.

I then proceed to spend far, far too much time wandering around trying to find Cambell's secret cultist rec-room, thus the inflated time because even with editing, I do take a bit to get things done. Adding to that, I also explore two new areas! The kennel's, where they keep all their guard dogs (which you cannot strangle and I learn the hard way. Dogs better not count for my kill counter...) and the boatyard, where we will eventually meet up with Sam the Boatman after we faff around for a bit trying to find collectables, only to find exactly one charm, but it's the charm that I wanted more than anything else so it's fine. I can replay this later if need be to collect everything... presumably, anyway.

So yeah, that's the end of our first actual mission as a political assassin in service to the loyalists. We did PRETTY well. I have no idea who the civilian casualty is, though I have my suspicions. It's either the Survivor I strangled by mistake who died during a loading transition, or... that razor wire bomb I set down in my mad haste to escape Granny Rag's birdies went off when she left her trance and killed her. I hope it's not the latter because something about her character makes me think she'll show up again. Knowing my luck it's probably true.

Ah well. We'll cross that bridge when we burn it. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time for the aftermath of our mission!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, good. Immediate alert.

Let me know if you want the dogs to count for lethal or not. I looked it up, and they do not count for Chaos, apparently - though, unlike regular animals (which also do not) they are able to have their bodies detected. They're currently in (including the one non-lethal slept one), but I can remove them if you'd prefer.
    Postscript: Okay, seems like you'd prefer the four of them removed.

Just so you know, that first letter you read in the Mailbox looked to explain how to get into Campbell's secret office.

Spoiler: Takedowns
    Show
    Episode Non-Lethal Lethal Total
    1 0 4 4
    2 4 8 12
    3 0 0 0
    4 0 0 0
    5 6 2 8
    6 9 7 16
    7 2 3 5
    8 3 0 3
    9 7 0 7
    10 16 1 17
    Total 47 25 72

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Oh, good. Immediate alert.

Let me know if you want the dogs to count for lethal or not. I looked it up, and they do not count for Chaos, apparently - though, unlike regular animals (which also do not) they are able to have their bodies detected. They're currently in (including the one non-lethal slept one), but I can remove them if you'd prefer.
    Postscript: Okay, seems like you'd prefer the four of them removed.

Just so you know, that first letter you read in the Mailbox looked to explain how to get into Campbell's secret office.

Spoiler: Takedowns
    Show
    Episode Non-Lethal Lethal Total
    1 0 4 4
    2 4 8 12
    3 0 0 0
    4 0 0 0
    5 6 2 8
    6 9 7 16
    7 2 3 5
    8 3 0 3
    9 7 0 7
    10 16 1 17
    Total 47 25 72
    A small part of me wants a "horrible monster" counter for the amount of dogs I killed and "sleepy puppy time" for dogs I put to sleep (non lethally) but I don't think my soul can handle a list of dogs I've killed so let's just sweep them under the rug with the rats.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

A small part of me wants a "horrible monster" counter for the amount of dogs I killed and "sleepy puppy time" for dogs I put to sleep (non lethally) but I don't think my soul can handle a list of dogs I've killed so let's just sweep them under the rug with the rats.
    ...probably for the best.

Hey, focussing more on the good, you've now subdued almost twice as many people as you've killed! Progress!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

So yeah Zodi, saving Curnow and non-lethally dealing with Cambell without Curnow triggering an alert requires a lot of work.

17. - Top - End - #227

Yeah you’re doing honestly really good at nonlethal and “good” handling of the mission!

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    So yeah Zodi, saving Curnow and non-lethally dealing with Cambell without Curnow triggering an alert requires a lot of work.
    One of the better ways to do it if you don't care about Ghost is to break the two glasses, which causes Campbell to lead Curnow down to his secret hedonism lair and attempt to kill him with a sword. If you interrupt the scene after Campbell has drawn his sword, but before he kills Curnow - possibly by sleep-darting Campbell - then Curnow will have a short scene where he thanks you for saving him and tells you he's not going to trigger an alarm as thanks. Then he runs out of the area and counts as saved.

Arkane did a really good job of contingency planning.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    One of the better ways to do it if you don't care about Ghost is to break the two glasses, which causes Campbell to lead Curnow down to his secret hedonism lair and attempt to kill him with a sword. If you interrupt the scene after Campbell has drawn his sword, but before he kills Curnow - possibly by sleep-darting Campbell - then Curnow will have a short scene where he thanks you for saving him and tells you he's not going to trigger an alarm as thanks. Then he runs out of the area and counts as saved.

Arkane did a really good job of contingency planning.
    A small part of me wishes I wasn't doing a blind playthrough so I could show off cool bits like that.

Someone who is good at the game should show off cool stuff I miss after I miss it, maybe.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Some really slick move in these past two episodes (only managed to see them now). One thing I really like about dishonored is how it gives you the tools to make you feel awesome while playing.

As someone mentioned upthread, you did pick up a hint of how to get to the secret chamber. It is also there where
    Spoiler
    Show
    you find this mission's painting.

Two other things listed on the end of mission screen: paintings and shrines. Paintings are worth money and achievements, I think. The shrine was the Rune that triggered the Outsider cutscene. He sometimes comments your recent actions or something close by. They are really fun and worth it.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Some really slick move in these past two episodes (only managed to see them now). One thing I really like about dishonored is how it gives you the tools to make you feel awesome while playing.

As someone mentioned upthread, you did pick up a hint of how to get to the secret chamber. It is also there where
    Spoiler
    Show
    you find this mission's painting.

Two other things listed on the end of mission screen: paintings and shrines. Paintings are worth money and achievements, I think. The shrine was the Rune that triggered the Outsider cutscene. He sometimes comments your recent actions or something close by. They are really fun and worth it.
    As long as he doesn't spook me out like my first shrine encounter, I'm fine with him dropping by to post a comment in the thread, so to say. He DID say he was watching after all.

... how to go about convincing an elder being to donate to my patreon...

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

As long as he doesn't spook me out like my first shrine encounter, I'm fine with him dropping by to post a comment in the thread, so to say. He DID say he was watching after all.

... how to go about convincing an elder being to donate to my patreon...
    By making him think that it'd be an amusing thing to do.

(For instance, one person I watch, he made a $50 Patron tier where he said that he'd bake and ship two dozen cookies to them (Continental US only) every month. He did it as a joke. Which, of course, you know the internet, how those turn out.

So, ...yeah, I think he's got, like, 15 people at that tier now. Jokes that he found his secondary vocation as a baker. Even did a full baking stream because of it.)

That's the kind of thing, probably. Something that obviously isn't meant to be serious, but would be funny to have happen because of the sheer absurdity.

23. - Top - End - #233

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    By making him think that it'd be an amusing thing to do.

(For instance, one person I watch, he made a $50 Patron tier where he said that he'd bake and ship two dozen cookies to them (Continental US only) every month. He did it as a joke. Which, of course, you know the internet, how those turn out.

So, ...yeah, I think he's got, like, 15 people at that tier now. Jokes that he found his secondary vocation as a baker. Even did a full baking stream because of it.)

That's the kind of thing, probably. Something that obviously isn't meant to be serious, but would be funny to have happen because of the sheer absurdity.
    I'd do something goofy like that but I think literally only one person who watches my stuff is from Canada so I'd basically just be making cookies for you.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

I'd do something goofy like that but I think literally only one person who watches my stuff is from Canada so I'd basically just be making cookies for you.
    I don't think I'd be able to justify cookies anyways. I have problems with treats and stuff that I either have to eat them all immediately, or they'll languish forever. Every Halloween, I'd end up having to throw out, like, half of my prior year's candy because it had just sat in my trick-or-treat bag in the cupboard all year.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

There are dozens of us.

Regarding the shrines, something that is cool but not technically a spoiler? I'll spoiler it anyways, just in case.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In many missions, you have the choice to go to the shrine before or after dealing with the main mission target. The Outsider's dialogue will change to reflect when you talk to him, and which way you chose to eliminate the target

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #236

I’d take cookies, but hold the whale oil.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

27. - Top - End - #237

BlackDragon

Is holding the whale oil a good idea? Stuff seems to be highly explosive.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

After reviewing the video for spoilers - there's some snippets from a late-game mission, but brief and out of context - I'll drop this song here to promote a very, very good musician for the few unfamiliar with him, Miracle of Sound.

Spoiler: Shrunk for thumbnail size
    Show

The Dishonored 2 song is just as good if not better, but its video has some serious early-game spoilers so I can't share it here.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-08-17 at 11:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

But what about whale oil cookies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

30. - Top - End - #240

I'll lift myself up from this puddle of vomit and post a video and then maybe see if I can go to work today. It's Dishonored time!

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [11] Weepers

Video Length: 26:13

In this episode, not a lot happens but what does happen is kinda important? We report back that Campbell has been removed, with no real care given to whether he was killed or exiled. Not surprising, but still a little sad. I doubt the difference will matter that much in the grand scheme of thing since the ending is reliant on our total chaos and not specific actions we perform, but I'd have stilled liked to receive a bit of words towards "Hey you didn't actually kill him and are trusting that the Overseer's will look at Campbell and, even though it's clearly not an official branding, still exile him" which is a thought I had a few days ago. It's not that big a deal, it's explainable as to why Campbell is 100% ousted because of our overt actions, I just kinda wanted TO explain it.

After that, Admiral Havelock asks us to contend with some Weepers in the sewers. It doesn't come off unless you're wearing headphones but the combination of music and their weird spooky alive-zombie noises really freaked me out, and I don't regret taking care of them the way I did. Weeper's are still people and I'm pretty sure they still count towards chaos if killed, so I still need to treat them with a steady hand. I do wish the music would maybe stop running a knife up my back every time I do something vaguely stealthy though.

Finally, after some collecting of items and reading/listening to updates from the rest of the characters in this area, we go to meet up with Martin, our Overseer compatriot, and Havelock to figure out what we do next. And next, is infiltrate the Golden Cat to learn information on where Emily is being held. At least that's what I thought, I don't actually recall how they specfically say it and if they say Emily is in the Golden Cat and I just completely wiffed that comprehension role than oops on my part. But yeah, that's out next destination; the best little whore house in Dunwall, where we'll also have an opportunity to deal with Lord Pendleton's twin brothers. If we get rid of him, that secures us some pretty strong votes in Parliament, which'll allow us to stem any legal decisions our enemies are making. They'll have to resort to just enforcing their decisions illegally, since they've shown they have no compunction about killing to get their way forward.

And that's it for today. Not a very meaty episode, as said, but what we do deal with is important. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time!