New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [EMPIRE4!] The Second Dragon Council

Twenty years had passed since Arndok Melinas on behalf of Arndok Lora had sent the call across Emjata for a meeting to address the arrival of the dragons. Much had happened in those two decades time, not least of which the felling of three of the draconic interlopers first in the east by the benighted holy hand of Byon acting through Krace then by pile of mortal steel and blood upon the trapped storm dragon of the west, and most recently in fiery replication of the east's miracle the summoning of a flaming goddess to melt the metal heart of Inyaka's tyrant. Most recently news had preceded the arrival of guests by only a few weeks were tales of horrible repercussion in the west where the Brinefather's corpse had been scattered. The central sea was now a stormy trap by the same dark magic and a terrifying blizzard clung about in the northwest far beyond its season. It was a time for much discussion to be had both among those concerned with restoring prosperous former orders, and those seeking to create their own advantages from within the terror.

Foreign dignitaries arrive by boat to the Moot Point on the large south central island, a large but simple flattened area of sand and stone open to the sky in its central zone with palisades and pavilions ringing its outer edge to provide shade for those less inclined to sun bathing than the reptilian lazarites. Vendors, preachers, and civilian observers comingled with lazarites and Kansett dressed in or wearing sashes of black indicating their membership within the Kiin Paleseh Bor. Most were not armed or carried only simple spears but their size and presence, especially among Kansett members of the company, is enough to communicate their intended purpose. Priests in dull red robes were highly visible though whether because of their bright clothes against drabber surroundings or due to an increased presence was difficult to say for those unfamiliar with the Isles.

The Basilis Ra Karas Mar was set up at the center of the Moot Point, a roughly constructed throne of reforged armor and weapons as well as what looked to be bones working to support his rather broad shouldered frame. The lazarite was dark scaled, though whether deep blue or black was hard to say, and short standing just a few inches over five foot but every scale inch seemed to ripple with muscle like a constrictor's body. He seemed genuinely jolly in the company of his men or when looking upon a known warrior delegation but grows reserved around more formal politicians. When he grew quiet it was the man beside him who stood out, a lazarite of tan complexion upon his scales dressed in a finely crafted and detailed red robe but cut in the cloth of the lesser priests than in the vibrant red worn by his predecessors and the current Children of the Flame. It no doubt intended to communicate some virtue of modesty but draped across the form of this slithery man it came across as suspicious.

All guests who arrive are directed to their assigned quarters on the isles, this island having been evacuated of all lazarites but those attending the council's needs. All were welcome to speak with the Basilis Ra, Arndok, or any other person of interest on the Isles while they waited until the majority arrived to begin formal discussions of the dragons writ large. Ti Linnad, Lindeen, Yondar, and the Serene Marasa Pride all receive special invitations to speak with the Isles leaders directly.
    Last edited by Reggiejam; 2018-12-19 at 02:18 PM.
    Thanks Gengy for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [EMPIRE4!] The Second Dragon Council

Overvann

The ships of the Overvann Assembly arrive. Rather, one longship, made from dark wood and with black sails arrives, carrying the representatives of the Assembly. A black gangplank is lowered to shore, and Aeshra Hodeskalle leads a group of three Overvann warriors down from the ship. The Järlin's guards attract immediate attention, because they no longer look quite human. Their faces have taken on a decidedly draconic cast, complete with slight, but noticable fanged muzzles and angular eyes. One has the iron blade of a dagger protruding from the end of his right arm, the bones of his fingers permanently closed around it. All guards hands are clawed, and one of them has webs growing in between them. However disturbing they might appear, they only serve to distract from the far less pronounced changes to the Järlin. The most obvious thing is that she's wearing a long, black dress with a low neckline which would be uncomfortably cold in the harsh climate of Overvann (not to mention rather scandalous for a widow), but the reason becomes clear with a closer look. Extending from Aeshra's collarbone are six short bone spikes, which would make a more conservative outfit a dressmaker's nightmare. To those who remember seeing her at the dance, her posture is different as well. Before, she moved cautiously and carefully with every step. Now, her posture is like that of a predator, each step radiating confidence and strength. Her eyes are beginning to show the same angularity of the guards', and the gleam with emotions, soft mournfulness mixed with relief and anticipation. She isn't looking for anyone in particular, but will be available for discussion until the main debate arrives, especially on the topic of the Brinefather's curse upon her slayers.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Exarch Tizoc felt like a new man. Sure some would argue that his kingdom was falling apart at the seems but what did they know. Nothing that's what, every project has a few growing pains upon expansion. Tizoc arrived at the head of 4 galleys and 10 war canoes sailing from the stone cities in order to avoid the storms that recently have tangled the Uhariya. While the fleet may seem impressive to outsiders, it was all the Theocracy had available, especially after the near total annihilation of its warrior caste.

Wearing purple robes and a feathered cape embossed with the melted remains of the Whitefeather and Linnadi crowns, Tizoc, his adopted daughter Coszcatl, and 3 kansett guard marsh toward the center of Moot Point early in the morning. Tizoc stares down Basilis Ra before speaking

"Greetings usurper, I see the Lazarites have recovered from the years of upheaval, I'm sure your liege would be proud. What are you're feelings on the all super storms racking the Uhariya."
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Theocracy

The warrior who sat upon his throne of conquest did not speak but his eyes narrowed as Coatl's Exarch addressed him. The Theocracy had grown too big for itself, Mar thought, it would be a more pleasant place as the homeland of the faith and little more but it ran up and down the Badan and now the Uhraiya too. In truth the Basilis Ra wasn't sure why he should care about the Uhraiya as Lazar had long been a power on the Badan but before he could answer as such Arndok Kasiri spoke up.

"Exarch Tizoc, I regret that you feel the need to call us usurper still. Was the first Arndok not crowned in the fires of revolution in the not too distant past? Have we not ruled the Isles and Church well, expanding their power and influence upon the Badan and beyond? Of course, let us not precede sympathy with protest."

"None could be more woeful than me to hear of the fate of yours and Linnadi's fleets on the Uhraiya nor more fearful of what this portends. If this relic of the Brinefather were to be transported into the Badan we would suffer as much. It is imperative something is done about these wings."

"My scouts were reporting talk about some strange men in heavy coats sending spirits out into the storms. Could be nothing, could be someone else solves your problems for you."

Mar bit back an "again" catching daggers from Kasiri for antagonizing the Exarch overmuch.

Overvann
    The Overvann Assembly's representatives had unsurprisingly garnered much attention from those in black sashes and dress who acted as guards for this event. Their draconic bony mutated forms drew many staring eyes cast off only by the roaming gaze of these creatures threatening to fall upon them. Only a few moments after having disembarked the delegation is approached and politely requested to meet the Basilis Ra who wished to see the northern dragon slayers now so afflicted with cursed mutation.

The delegation approaches the throng of earlier arriving guests and is led through by their guide. While the Arndok Kasiri speaks to a more cerebral representative Mar had no interest in meeting he snuck off behind the throne where he now met with the Overvann.

"Gods help us," his low voice was less the hissing sound of most lazarites and more akin to the soft purr of a large cat as he looked upon Aeshra and her guards, "These cursed beasts leave nothing but trouble in their wake. Tell me, honored leader of Regner's finest warriors, what befalls the west? Was your tormentor not slain as we across Emjata believed?"
    Last edited by Reggiejam; 2018-12-20 at 11:05 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

'Xa'kagx had been torn on whether or not to attend. 'Ridi'dreq was hardly going to fall apart if he was gone for a week or two, but honestly, he just didn't like most of the attendees. Hell, it was being hosted by one of the godslayers.

But in truth he didn't harbour too much ill will towards Lazar. Comparatively. At least they'd wounded the Frostfather's avatar by means worthy of him. An avatar of light and flame had been a poor match for him, and he could at least respect the strength of the Serpent faith.

But in the end he'd been talked round. It would be good to remind everyone that they existed, and at worst he'd have some wonderfully cathartic stories of how much everyone was suffering for killing the Brinefather. After all his desire to avenge her avatar, he felt a bit silly for not trusting that she herself had everything under control.

So here he was. 'Gva'dhi'qagri had stayed behind, mostly due to the likelihood of meeting someone who had actively tried to kill him, and the insistence that him stabbing a foreign diplomat would be a generally bad idea. Satisfying, but inconvenient in the grand scheme of things. He'd brought a handful of men with him, but no one really of note. It was mostly people who wanted a break from the heat.

He got wary glances. He was known as the leader of the dragon faith, of course, and many assumed he was there to start trouble.
    "I'll skip the pleasantries, shall I? What you want to know is why I'm here, and that's fair. Well don't worry, I'm just here to watch, get all the gossip, and maybe throw in a little bit of advice regarding the dragons, if you're nice. I am the expert on the subject, after all." He was completely at ease here. He'd spoken to enough gods that no mortal was going to phase him.

It was a shame. He really wished he'd been able to think of a suitably condescending gift.

6. - Top - End - #6

BardGuy

The rush of wings overhead was familiar enough to many of the diplomats present, a signal that the Linnadi had returned to the Isles once again.

Nocyca stepped from his mount, one of the largest pegasi alive, specifically bred for human Wingknights such as him. No simple commander like him had ever expected to become the Premier - in fact, he hadn't even known that the last had taken any note of him - but Illeard's will had been put as plainly as possible. And now he had made the harrowing journey overland to Lazar, opting to avoid the proven dangers of the Uhraiya in favor of the friendly lands of the Animists - but his reception there had been less than enthusiastic.

His simple traveler's clothing, with only a silver necklace set with moon opals standing out against the dull brown of his tunic, stood in stark contrast to the Exarch's opulent robes and the ceremonial dresses and robes favored by previous Premiers. The lance slug across his back identified him at once as a fighter, but one not so devoted to war as the warriors of Overvann. And there was something in his eyes, a fierce power yet undirected, that spoke of a strength of will comparable to the dragons' servants.

Nocyca approached the Arndok and Basilis Ra, offering a quick salute as his only deference. Something in the eyes of the lazarites unsettled him, and so he opened with a simple question.

"Greetings, Kasiri, Mar. I was told you wished particularly to speak with me?"
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2018-12-20 at 05:04 PM. Reason: bolded dialogue to distinguish from Ridir

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Lazar

"Sväljåsk is slain, her body cut into a thousand pieces and taken as trophies by those who slew her. But our hubris blinded us. We thought ourselves immune to any repercussions of our act. Now her curse rests upon us all. I have heard of a plague of madness and dragonscale spreading in Regno, and of a wave of death coming to the mothers of Izbefe. Truly the duchess of Amham was the wisest of us all,. refusing reward for her contribution." Aeshra's voice carries great sadness. "Myself, my children, our soldiers, we are all so afflicted. Our greatest living heroes are more dragon than human now. This is not the worst of it. In Delwin, the people are struck with unnatural hunger for the beast's flesh."

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The Sfaïri delegation has arrived. At the front Elena Blanc set a brisk pace, determined to do business here. She had originally intended to merely send one of her brothers with some advisors, but she changed her mind when she heard how important the Isles' diplomatic meetings usually turn out to be. Her husband and the Governors were likely intelligent enough to manage a nation. They won't manage it well, but that was a low price to pay for taking such an opportunity.

Elena stops in front of the throne, and gives a nod of courtesy to Karas Mar.
    "Greetings, Basilis Ra. I am Elena Blanc, and I come from Sfaïr, the home of many diverse peoples, surely you must have heard at least a little about us. I think you'll find that we share many interests." She points out the company from the Theocracy. "Say, what do you think of the sirs and dames over there?"

Theocracy of Coatl

At first, Elena Blanc walks speedily past the Exarch without so much as giving him a single glance. Then she stops dead in her tracks. For a moment disgust shows in her face and she clenches her fists. Then she turns around to face Tizoc with a light smile. "Travelling all the way north to here was a very long journey for you, Exarch, no? Do you not suffer from homesickness?" She makes a short pause, and then she continues with a more serious expression. "Exarch, perhaps we should establish diplomatic relations between our nations now that their borders are suddenly so close."

We have matters to discuss with the following nations, who are invited to initiate a conversation: Regno, Sycoraxistan, Varjik, Lindeen, Yondar, Gwitna

(Also available to talk to if desired are: Elena's younger brother Edwin Blanc; Sir Varden Bandeson, an elf and Governor; Abhidist monk Pippin Erbeblatt; Kisa Redtail, an Inyoni noble who fled to Sfaïr)
    Last edited by Corona; 2018-12-20 at 07:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Familiar black sails arrived, emblazoned with the green tree, heralding the arrival of the diplomats from the Yondari league. Tanya Chalun was accompanied by her usual retinue of Mistwalker rangers and Nadia Chalun, her Queensguard, but arriving with Yven, her son and next in line for the throne, and Elise, her daughter whose connections with the spirits had lead her down a different path. Behind them yet was the hulking figure of Kiva Strend, the Silken Lord, the Invisible Hand, the Wealthspinner and Purveyor of Desires and the C'tenzi representative of Sumwyr his alabaster skin draped in silks, gems and silver.

Tanya Chalun approached Basilis Ra and greeted him. "Thank you for hosting this event, I'm certain there is much to be discussed here, but it is my understanding you had some business specifically with the Yondari League you wished to discuss?"
    Last edited by SquirrelWizard; 2018-12-20 at 07:27 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

'Ridi'r
    The Arndok and Basilis Ra had both been surprised to see the leader of the Ridi'x arrive at the Moot Point. While Lora herself who had orchestrated the Frostfather's defeat may have been deposed in the civil war and in hiding in Aniachaket fearful for dragon cultist hunters the dragon cultists in Lazar had certainly not come out better. The dragonmen's journey across the continent had been talked about but truthfully Mar had thought it largely a tall tale until he saw these men. They still smelled of wet jungle dirt even here and their weapons of tools were not of the same stone and bone material they were known for but rather what appeared to be thorns, spines, and branches of the deadly foliage of the Pall.

"Rest assured honored guest, we desire no quarrel with any man, beast, or god this day."

"Plenty of gossip for your type I'm sure," Mar sneered.

Ti Linnad
    The arrival of Ti Linnad was visibly unsettling to many attending the large banquet gathering. It seemed many knew the Premiere was dead and there was dissatisfaction at the highest levels with the Northern Council's approach to governance. When the new Premiere, a soldier more than a man born for power but with no honed religious hand to guide him properly as Mar had, approached he was met with col appraising gazes from both leaders of the Isles.

"Premiere, we are all saddened by Illeard's passing. Excuse our surprise but you were not who we expected the Council to appoint though so much has happened of late with your and the Theocracy's war. I wish your forebearer had taken my advice and not pursued war with Coatl. It does us no good to quibble among ourselves while so many have yet to receive Xincoatl's light."

"We had wished to use this event to declare our cessation of loyalty to the Northern Council, dead with Illeard, but perhaps you had better tell us your plans as the events of the last year have thrown much that was thought known into chaos."

Overvann
    Mar's lips peeled back from his pointed reptilian teeth as he grimaced at the Jarlin's descriptions of the afflictions hitting the west.

"Perhaps once the living beasts are all dealt with we shall need to search the Badan and remove the Frostfather from its cloaking depths. These creatures are poison. Wherever they touch upon Emjata begins to shrivel and die. Slow or fast their deadly wrath comes all the same."

The lazarite warrior glanced over where Arndok Kasiri was still speaking with another delegation then back at the northwestern men.

"Have none of your warriors survived unscathed?"

Sfair
    The Sfair banner was perhaps more readily recognized than its bearers might have thought being familiar to clerical members of Kasiri's doctrine as vassal to Lindeen and latest area of expansion for the magical experimentation encouraged by Kasiri and his disciples.

As the Sfairi introduced themselves they barely left a moment to answer before making targets out of the Theocracy's representatives.

"The Theocracy? Why, they're home to the birthplace of Coatl Perijanism and widely active practitioners themselves. Why would they be anything but our allies?"

Kasiri's "answer" left much said without saying anything.

"Why do you want to know?"

Yondar
    "Indeed your Majesty, a matter of land rights, technology, and trade. We are given to understand your League managed to recover Magical Indicators from the Whitefeather Kingdom before it collapsed completely, is this true? We wish to exchange governorship over the Usan Desert for this method of magical detection and the secrets to your deadly form of warfare focused on top down warfare."

"I may have written the treatise on Byonic Tactics but that doesn't mean it's always the right tool for the right job. I understand how precious a tactical advantage can feel and be so rest assured your tactics would be safe in Lazar and this is an entire region we're talking about. Even comes with a mystery ice tower."

"Which we would also like permission to continue studying," Kasiri added to Mar's irritation.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Lazar

"Indeed. Doubtless we will provide aid the day such a deed is done. They've fouled this land long enough." The disgust is so plain on Aeshra's face, it looks like she might be sick. "Few are unscathed. We all wore the bones, it was our sign of victory. The few that didn't, my head general, Hrothgar, my daughter Mara, they, at least, are still human." Aeshra pauses, tears welling in her eyes. "Look what she's done to us!" She holds up a hand with fingers spread. Webbing can be seen at the base of her fingers. "I can't even control..." She bursts out sobbing, doubling over. One of her bodyguards speaks up. "Milady. Perhaps you should go back to the ship to calm down." "NO!" She screams, physically lashing out at the man, "I must... see this through." The Järlin takes a deep breath, steeling herself against the deluge of emotions.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-12-21 at 02:23 AM.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Lazar
    "Well, you offer is generous, but I do have some concerns as to why the Isles would be so eager to give up land one at the great cost of its people?"

"You will have to forgive the queen." Kiva's voice was smooth as silk coupled with the soft staccato click of the hard tips of his arachnid like legs on the stone as he stepped forwards. "She is a shrewd trader but has a habit, shall we say, of going for the throat."

Kiva's antics elicited an angry flick of Tanya's "I did not ask for your opinion."

"True, but I could not help but notice you were uncharacteristically dancing around the subject when your usual, direct, approach would save us so much time." The C'tenzi then addressed the Lazar representatives. "The Usan Desert holds a unique object of fascination, a frozen tower that I believe both of us are well acquainted with. I wonder if your eagerness to part with the land be due to some knowledge you hold in regards to this tower? It would do us poorly to barter for land that shortly turns into a frozen hellscape, would it not?"

Sfaïri
    Yven Chalun had taken to mingling among the dignitaries, his rodent like ears on a swivel as he eavesdropped on conversations. He had turned and found himself locking eyes with Elena Blanc. He recognized her as a delegate of the Sfaïri Alliance, a footnote in Yondari discussions to Lindeen thanks to proximity, and there was probably some diplomatic protocol that meeting such as this warranted an introduction, at least.

"You must be Elena Blanc of Sfair," he said warmly and curtly bowed. "I am Yven Chalun, Crown Prince of Yondar, is there anything you would like to discuss in regards to our nations?"

'Ridi'r

"Speak of Dragons and they fly in on many wings." Elise Chalun said standings stocks till as her black eyes bored into 'Xa'kagx's back. There was no derision in her voice as she spoke, "They swell with power, flutter about... and die."

She stiffly tilted her head, "I wonder if you have asked yourself if that which is a dragon is truly a dragon that in death does it end, or must all ends be in death?"
    Last edited by SquirrelWizard; 2018-12-21 at 03:04 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Varjik's Arrival

It was a long journey, none could deny that. But the Queen of Thorns herself had arrived, resolving that the exchanges were likely worth the trip. At the very least, they would not be as dangerous as her last event. Descended from Amerah Kren, Anivine was a splitting image of her grandmother when she had split herself from Avakonia and created the Firethorn Regiment from amidst the least corrupt parts of the empire at the time. Their mission had always been against corruption, but the recent matters of dragons, vampires, and the Siphoner's blessing made such things more and more difficult to maintain. With the country so focused on itself these last few years, Anivine could not help but note as she peered out from her own situation that most other nations had slain or driven off the draconic overlords, but at what cost? With Khirus's reformation just beside her, the shifting vampiric state's brutality seemed ever more pressing - perhaps even more pressing than the dragon that schemed within her homeland... At least the Spellfather could come to deals with her.

Most notable of the lone woman in Sedellan armor was the 'crown' fused to her head; the Bloodstone Diadem that shimmered with red crystal and granted her the ability to drain magic from her surroundings... Rumors said that it could even tear the souls out of men who crossed her, which had indeed happened in the recent past. For those caught up in Dejanist politics, it was worth noting that many had recently sworn to her in particular as a dejanic saint - the first to directly carry his blessing since his passing. Anivine appeared only to be in her high twenties, despite taking the throne at sixteen and governing for thirty years since. Those who had not seen her since might be surprised to find that she appeared no different from many, many years prior...

And strangely, for anyone who had met Iskander, seemed to remind them of the sort of resolute look in his eyes that he used to have when commanding his empire. The resemblance would only last a short moment, but it was uncanny, and potentially emotional for those who were better acquainted.

On her back she carried a single curved blade; her left hand covered by an elaborate golden gauntlet that seemed to have been made just for her.

Sfaïr and Varjik

It was said that the Sfaïri delegation wished to speak to her, so she was told upon her arrival. Having sought them out amidst the council, the armored queen approaches when she seems to have a spare moment. Anivine wears a curious but confident look on her face, never had she heard of another nation with so many common enemies as her's. They had the potential to be great friends indeed.

"You wouldn't happen to be Elena Blanc of Sfaïr, would you?" She asks. "I am Anivine Kren El Sira; if you have a moment, I would love to walk with you."

Lazar and Varjik

Anivine knew the Isles of Lazar to be greatest in the lands at two things: Dragonslaying and trade. It so happened that she had business in both, but for her endeavors to work as planned she required an audience with someone who held enough sway in their lands to grant her this ability. She then resolves to speak with Basilis Ra, leader of the isles himself.

"Greetings from Varjik, dragonslayers." She starts, bowing her head respectfully. "I am Anivine, Siphoner of Mana and Queen of Thorns. Grateful am I to have been allowed to attend, for the dragons of the north may have died, but the dragons of the south still reign freely. It is my hope that with our mutual dragon-free vision, we might rid this world of another monster. I sent my general for the first round of talks, but I fear things have become more dire... The Cinder Queen and Spellfather both grow restless from lack of tribute and respect. I can allow no-one else here to speak in my stead any longer."

Spoiler: Sorta Picture of Anivine
    Show

Last edited by Zayuz; 2018-12-21 at 04:30 AM.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The two princes make their way to the Basilis Ra and Arndok to pay their respects, leaving most of their noble and priestly hangers-on behind in a tight cluster. Clearly brothers, despite almost a decade's difference in age, they presented very different images of D̨vatlan royalty. With the armor and bearing of a soldier of D̨vatlan-ruled Avakon, Tälir looks less than entirely comfortable about his surroundings: restlessly scanning the faces of those around him and occasionally squinting off into the distant sky. The older Zäklis is more relaxed, decked out ostentatiously in the most formal of D̨vatlan formal robes (with an unmistakable hint of Varjik mixed in). As they come closer Tälir nods while Zäklis bows ponderously and greets his hosts, "Your Excellencies, I am deeply honored to be here among the first of the dragon slayers. We have been fortunate so far that the so-called 'Father of Silence' has been a tame beast, but the same cannot be said of the southern monsters. It is our hope that this meeting indicates your agreement that the world must be freed from this blight. And that you hope to push for an end to any unfortunate strife between those who should be united against these beasts."

Varjik

Later, while Zäklis is occupied Tälir finds Anivine and greets her with a broad smile before leaning in close and almost whispering, "Father sends his love."

15. - Top - End - #15

Overvann
    Mar watched pityingly as the queen of the northwest convulsed with tears of pain over her people.

"Forgive me for bringing up such things. I remember still the raw fresh pain in the aftermath of the Frostfather's assaults on these Isles. I know it is little comfort but there is a light at the end of this tunnel."

The darkscaled lazarites' eyes glinted with something mischievous, perhaps even sinister, as he reflected on the Jarlin's emotional state. His eyes cast again at Kasiri, still busy, before returning to Aeshra with a gaze of appraisal.

"We seek the power of our gods delivered unto our own hands to be wielded in their name. We know little of your own pantheon but we trust other gods more than spirits or mortal precepts so we offer you this chance to join those of us who seek real divine intervention in this world to combat these false gods of scale and greed. What wouldn't you give to be empowered as the legendary Krace once was under the power of your own gods?"

"The time has come for mortals to wield gods wills upon this continent again. Dejan is long dead and his disciples seek what we only now realize we should have attained long ago. The perfect form, not in the mold simply of Dejan the Conqueror but of the very gods in heavens above. I tell you Aeshra of Overvann, there is power in the Mandates."

The conversation suddenly seemed to catch Kasiri's attention but he remains embroiled with others though concern seems to stretch at the edges of his eyes and lips.

Yondar
    "I'm afraid we've learned little more than we suspect you ha-"

"None of our scouts ever returned.*" Mar cut the Arndok off, "Could be the land is dangerous, we don't know, but it was never conquered with intention to hold it. If you aren't interested in the region Lindeen will be 'frozen hellscape' or not. Actually, they might even prefer it that way."

Kasiri's scaly brow quirked either perturbed or amused by the general's assessment of Lindeen. For those in the know for such matters, which was relatively few, Kasiri found the Lindeen focus on all religious practices divided magical focus from real forward progress while the Lindeese thought countered that Kasiri's Coatl Mandate obsession was due to a lack of exposure and education to the wider Mandate philosophy. Currently it was little more than a petty doctrinal dispute between cults of personality within the advanced echelons of magical practice in the east but it could easily turn into more with, or more worryingly without, the direction of either teacher. For now however it was clear the Isles sought some form of alliance with the Lindeen.

*OOC: I didn't get anything in the round opener either

Varjik
    Mar found the Varjik queen's words endearing and polite while he recognized within her the battle tested matron she was beneath Dejan's favorable treatment of her physical form. She was quite impressive as a leader the Basilis Ra thought, far more practiced at meeting with powerful figures than he was at the very least.

"Queen Anivine, your personal arrival makes us glad. We understand another city has fallen to the Spellfather's wrath and offer our sympathies. You know our position well as we were the first to fell one of these great beasts. We wish to continue offering our aid in this manner but it will be some time until we are ready. Of course, it may be obvious the Cinder Queen draws our eye sooner than the Spellfather for she descends upon Glen Gwitna and the Kingdom of Obroslo as if seeking Lindeen and ourselves to the north as vengeance for the cascade we set in motion. We will offer what help we can to your cause against the Spellfather of course but know it will be limited as our focus remains, as always, upon the Badan first."

Kasiri was good at talking to people too, though Mar found him far less charming to speak listen to.

Dvatla
    "Thank you for your kind words. We must congratulate you on your own banishing of the Skyfather and again for holding Avakonia against the dragon's horde. We may not care much for politics west of the Badan coast but we know those who fight dragons and their agents are our allies until all the creatures and their servants have all been dealt with. And I do mean all. We appreciate the Father of Silence has been tamed by...other means but we worry they will only remain docile for so long. With news of this Brinefather's Curse afflicting the slayers of the west it seems impossible to limit the destruction of these wicked beasts by any means other than complete disposal."

The Basilis Ra soured and reached for a glass of dark red liquid.

"We remain dedicated to taking the lessons learned from all the dragon slayings so far improving upon their effectiveness and eliminating the remaining invaders," Kasiri assured the two princes vaguely.
    Last edited by Reggiejam; 2018-12-21 at 02:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    Ti Linnad
    The arrival of Ti Linnad was visibly unsettling to many attending the large banquet gathering. It seemed many knew the Premiere was dead and there was dissatisfaction at the highest levels with the Northern Council's approach to governance. When the new Premiere, a soldier more than a man born for power but with no honed religious hand to guide him properly as Mar had, approached he was met with col appraising gazes from both leaders of the Isles.

"Premiere, we are all saddened by Illeard's passing. Excuse our surprise but you were not who we expected the Council to appoint though so much has happened of late with your and the Theocracy's war. I wish your forebearer had taken my advice and not pursued war with Coatl. It does us no good to quibble among ourselves while so many have yet to receive Xincoatl's light."

"We had wished to use this event to declare our cessation of loyalty to the Northern Council, dead with Illeard, but perhaps you had better tell us your plans as the events of the last year have thrown much that was thought known into chaos."
    "Loyalty? You want independence from the Council? After the message Kasiri sent to us and the Theocracy and his statements just now about "quibbling"?" Nocyca clasped his hands together and sighed.

"Well, if you wish to know my plans, I have few at the moment. The Exarch has approached me about a united Empire under Xincoatl's light, and I think that the Council will likely approve, so if your reasoning is based upon our war, know that it is over. Illeard was a brilliant scholar and politician, but I am perhaps more devout. Perhaps the Isles would also see the virtue in this empire, even if independently from the Council - to politically strengthen those bonds of faith, which have proven weaker than one might expect, and to disprove the rumors I've heard of materialism and corruption in the Isles."

Nocyca trailed off, examining the lazarites' reactions.

"The storms on the Uhraiya, also... I plan to find the source of those. I suspect they are related to the dragon's curse in the west. Did you hear of Braen Auley in the past decade or two? He was the admiral in command of the war. He mounted the dragon's wings to his mainmast before setting out, and the moment his ship was out of sight it began to rain more violently than I can ever remember in Ti Linnad. Perhaps recovering the wings might help to end the storms."

"And I hear rumor in the south that the blasted dragon in Azenhal is working up her slaves to attack in Lascienmo. If that is true, then I will have to plan for its defense."
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2018-12-21 at 09:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The Arrival of Magi Vecto

Though arriving a little later then some of the other guests, eventually, seven Pegasi fly overhead, skipping the boat ride from Moot Point. Still, they did land a respectful distance away, and it was thought - at first - they might be the delegation from Ti Linnad, so most ignored them. However, when the seven winged beasts finally did land, it became quite clear that they were in fact, Oamenii. From their purple silk robes, and the way that many of the riders proudly displayed their Initia tattoos, those whom were aware of mercantile rumors could piece together that this was not Ti Linnad, but instead, the Regno Sultanate.

After they saw to the care of their mounts, the group moved it's way into the line to greet and be greeted by their host, the Basilis Ra and the Lazarites. At the forefront was a rarity; an old Oamenii. Many of the desert Half-Elves had long lives, but it was not common for their bodies to begin to show it like other races. At least, not in the sense that the average human elder shows their age. Yet even if the 'Soc' do not often get out from the Desert of Magic much, it must happen, for standing before the Regnan group was a man marked by age. Wrinkles upon his brow were the most obvious signs, and sunken cheeks with blemished skin were easy to spot. The man's beard and mustache were a wispy white, though some careful effort had been made to braid them. His hair - what little was left of it - was cropped short, and created a circular bald spot that couldn't be hidden and the man seemed to proud to try.

For all the signs of age, there was a fire in the old Oamenii's eyes. Life had not been easy for Magi Vecto. He had been a diplomat first, and had only become a warrior when the Picians threatened his adopted home in Azenhal. He had helped lead the rebellion there, but too many friends had died. Yet when his homeland of Regno called him to action, war after war, he was only all the more proud to lead. When he was named the General of the Aspect of Fire, it had been among his happiest of days, even amidst the horrors of the plague that had been ravaging the world. It was only surpassed by the day that he found out that they would be striking back at 'Gxe'dhok; that Regno would not suffer an oppressor and murderer. When he looked upon the great work that the Temple for 'Gxe'dhok had been - the proof that 'mere' mortals could fell a Dragon given enough time, preparation, and determination - he had been awed. When it had worked, he had been filled with both dignity and shame; delight at their victory, but shame at the cost of lives. He had barely survived himself, and still looked back on those days when Sultan Tyber was clearly dying as a failure to do his duty.

The General of Fire had thought they had forged allies in shared battle. Bhule had suffered, and was in an even worse state now it seemed, but if their leadership hadn't been so cowardly, Magi Vecto was still convinced the Sultanate could have made it work. And indeed, it would seem that Bhule itself was interested, but the new duchess was not. Amham grew while Bhule withered. And so the Overvann - fierce fighters who gained much glory and honor in Vecto's eyes that day - stepped in... and continued stepping, it would seem. They were pushing hard on Thae Guceart, and Magi Vecto did not doubt that he would soon be forced to step in and defend the Sultanate's lands from people he had once called battle brothers.

Finally, the line died down, and the old Oamenii stepped forward. His features may have been old, but Vecto was a fighter. His body was lean and fit, and his movement - while perhaps not as quick as in his prime, due to an unfortunate accident with an ancient Avakonian artifact - was still lively. He bowed carefully to their host, and in his gruff voice stated formally, "Blessed are the Elements upon your home! Mighty are the families in your realm!"

"We are honored to be here, and thank you for holding this conclave. I am Magi Vecto, and I hope that I can help share my wisdom with those who want to face a Dragon."

What's Sfair is Sfair

Speaker Basium had the easiest task out of all the delegates being sent to this 'Dragon Council'. He was to meet with people whom very clearly were allies - or at least neutral - and make certain... arrangements. Shadow Eyes had personally given Basium this assignment, and the Speaker wasn't going to fail. He started with whom he hoped would be the easiest of the easy: Sfair. Dame Elena Blanc had always been a delight to speak with, according to reports, so the Speaker waited politely for her guards to allow him entrance.

Afterwards, Basium hopes he can find people from Varjik, Karys, the Concordant Republics, and if he is lucky, Lindeen.

Concerns with the Overvann

Eventually, Magi Vecto made his way around the crowd to speak with the Overvann. He does so with regret in his heart, because their movements towards Sultanate lands are clear indicators that an attack is imminent. The old General doesn't even know how to begin this conversation, but hopes he can find someone from the battle with 'Gxe'dhok he might recognize. Vecto spent his time in the underground tunnels, preparing the forces for war - and there were a lot of forces - so the chances of him seeing someone he knows is slim. Especially if they've been touched by the affliction that most Overvann seem to have undergone.

Finally, Magi Vecto chooses to be diplomatic. While remaining in sight, he sends his young guard Prilej to speak with one of the Jarlin's guards, with the simple message: Will she deign to speak with him?

Leave it to Aeshra Hodeskalle to decide if a conversation is worthy of their time.

Spoiler: Regno 'Shopping List' for Techs
    Show
    Regno is eager to have any of the following technologies:
    - Byonic Tactics (Already have a deal with Lazar, but better offers may be put forth; they aren't likely to be accepted, but they can be discussed)
    - War Caster (Already have a deal with Lindeen, but better offers may be put forth; they aren't likely to be accepted, but they can be discussed)
    - Headhunding
    - Living Wall (Already have a deal with Ti Linnad, but better offers may be put forth; they aren't likely to be accepted, but they can be discussed)
    - Magical Indicator
    - Polearm Paddles
    - All other techs that Regno doesn't have are of interest
    Last edited by Gengy; 2018-12-21 at 01:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Lazar

That was the wrong thing to say. Aeshra glares at Mar, rage clearly visible in her eyes. At this angle, every minute wrongness in her face should be easy to see. "You tell me it's going to be all right!? Look at my face, my neck, my hands, and tell me it's all right! It's not all right, and it never will be again!" The Järlin sighs, then the Lazarite says the second thing. "Do not speak to me of your heretical ways. We have triumphed by might and cunning over our dragons, without your foul sorceries. The curse, for all its horrors, is proof of our strength." Insulted, Aeshra storms off.

Regno

The reply is simple. The Järlin and her guards follow the Regnan soldier back to Vecto, on one condition: that he not "try to delay the inevitable." When she arrives, her eyes are stained by tears. She looks quite angry, although not at Vecto, and it might be clear that she's having trouble keeping her emotions in check. Following her are the three transformed Overvann warriors. Perhaps the Regnan general recognizes one? They are reciting some sort of droning chant or incantation in an attempt to calm their mistress.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-12-21 at 10:07 PM.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Gwitna

The arrival by ship of the delegates from Gwitna was appropriate for a country once wont to piracy, even if their Warden strived to steer his people on a more pious path. It was only the dedication of a decade's work as Warden that had largely quieted the grumbling of the malcontents that longed for the violence and freedom of their their past. Gwitna had been reborn once again, from mighty kingdom to a mere footnote on the ledger of the Coatl theocracy and was now a growing presence of piety and a giant of the Coatl Perijanism faith which was largely due to Ollin's persistence of the building of the Grand Temple in the capital.

The Warden himself was in attendance in Lazar, having finally laid enough of a foundation of trust and acceptance with his adopted people to feel comfortable away from Gwitna for a time. It was his first real trip since attaining the title of Warden, not counting the short journey back to his former home in the Coatl Theocracy for state and familial visits. Ollin was a tall man, though slender with broad shoulders and dark hair cropped close to his scalp. His face like-wise wore the no nonsense expression of somebody that didn't only not indulge in levity, but had no time for it. Warden Ollin was not a cold man however, for all his seriousness. There was an ease about his shoulders that spoke to a certain amount of self-confidence, he had been thrust beneath a crown and had found himself there.

The Warden was accompanied by a lovely young woman with the olive skin of Gwitna Natives. The Ambassador Dolus Senilu was not a large woman, though carried a presence about her that drew a quiet attention to her. The Warden had chosen the woman as acknowledgment of her family's loyalty but he had been pleasantly surprised by Dolus's aptitude for her diplomatic role in Lazar. They both were adorned in intricately woven and dyed grass capes that brushed the floor and made a gentle shushing sound as they approached the Basilis Ra.

"Thank you for hosting us, Basilis Ra. It is an honor to meet you in person. I am Warden Ollin Sathelas of Gwitna and as I'm sure you know by now, this is our Ambassador to Lazar, Dolus Senilu." Dolus curtsied deeply for the Basilis before adding her greeting to her Warden's.

"I was humbled to be chosen for the role, Your Grace, and it is a pleasure to be in attendance today."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler: Lazar
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    Theocracy

The warrior who sat upon his throne of conquest did not speak but his eyes narrowed as Coatl's Exarch addressed him. The Theocracy had grown too big for itself, Mar thought, it would be a more pleasant place as the homeland of the faith and little more but it ran up and down the Badan and now the Uhraiya too. In truth the Basilis Ra wasn't sure why he should care about the Uhraiya as Lazar had long been a power on the Badan but before he could answer as such Arndok Kasiri spoke up.

"Exarch Tizoc, I regret that you feel the need to call us usurper still. Was the first Arndok not crowned in the fires of revolution in the not too distant past? Have we not ruled the Isles and Church well, expanding their power and influence upon the Badan and beyond? Of course, let us not precede sympathy with protest."

"None could be more woeful than me to hear of the fate of yours and Linnadi's fleets on the Uhraiya nor more fearful of what this portends. If this relic of the Brinefather were to be transported into the Badan we would suffer as much. It is imperative something is done about these wings."

"My scouts were reporting talk about some strange men in heavy coats sending spirits out into the storms. Could be nothing, could be someone else solves your problems for you."

Mar bit back an "again" catching daggers from Kasiri for antagonizing the Exarch overmuch.

"I remember Arndok Lora and how in her moment of glory she was betrayed by her trusted followers, not burned by the dragons breath but stabbed in the back. That is why I call you usurper, and will you continue to do so. As long as you remain a vassal to Ti Linnad the current setup will be unacceptable to your emperor."

Tizoc waved off any response the lazarite, merely choosing to vent his feelings at the creature, not converses about that the restoration of Arndok Lora.

Coszcatl shook her head, exasperated, while Tizoc was an able mentor the man monologue too much for his own damn good. changong a potentially awkward subject

As to the ocean's it seems clear that Brinefather was on another level compared to frostfather, when the Cinder Queen is slain we must not do it recklessly and be confident that her body doesn't fall into the wrong hands as Brinefathers has.

Spoiler: Safir
    Show
    Theocracy of Coatl

At first, Elena Blanc walks speedily past the Exarch without so much as giving him a single glance. Then she stops dead in her tracks. For a moment disgust shows in her face and she clenches her fists. Then she turns around to face Tizoc with a light smile. "Travelling all the way north to here was a very long journey for you, Exarch, no? Do you not suffer from homesickness?" She makes a short pause, and then she continues with a more serious expression. "Exarch, perhaps we should establish diplomatic relations between our nations now that their borders are suddenly so close."

Seeing the disgust in her face made the man smile more than he should've, his hair would still be on end his any was left. He tauntingly grinned at Elena as he spoke "Of course I'm not homesick, you see Coatl is my home, The Badan is my home, The kingdom of Whenua is my home, even Ti Linnad is my home. I'm sure one of your descendants will have the privilege of understanding that. Don't worry, I don't plan on making Safir my home.

You have a good heart Elena, how do you reconcile that with the war casters?"
    Last edited by Lleban; 2018-12-21 at 09:38 PM.
    Beautiful Avatar thanks to Gengy

Hangs out on the World building forums

Giantitp projects: Caligoven the toxic seas, Baalbek Empire!3, Coatl Empire!4, Short and sweet world building
    Personal stuff: World of Tieg, Nexus: City of the Multiverse, Forgotten Planet Lost Between 2 stars, World of the 9 gates
    Spoiler: The gift that keeps on giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving
    Show
    Spoiler: and giving some more
    Show
    Spoiler: Metric tons of giving
    Show
    Spoiler: Keep going
    Show
    Spoiler: Suprise
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground

Serene Marasa Pride Arrives

High Chief Gigistrax, High Bishop Quinn and Harshad Mminas are the official representatives of the nation of the Serene Marasa Pride. Over 100 Riebarri and fang soldiers moved around them in a protective square with their bodies comfortably in the middle, none of them walked but were carried on small unimpressive thrones or carriages or in Gigastrax's case 6 goblins carrying him in a sort of mock version of his lords own lavish throne of silver. (His own looked like it was made of the bones of various desert creatures, some of which were not impressive in the slightest.)

High Chief Gigistrax was a goblin for Xatax, a region famous for its deep underground wells which had been turned into artificial geiser springs managed by very intelligent and dangerous raiders, the goblins were led by this creature. He stood at 3 1/2 feet talk was a deep dark forest green, he wore some ceremonial dress around his loins a cape made from some strange animal corpse and a crown of impossibly long feathers, bones and silver, and if anyone dared to measure the hat that it made him about the same size as the Rakshasan "god king" or Maharaja.

High Bishop Quinn was the elder, a human of over 72 years of age and leader of the orthodox Perijianist church, and who was firmly controlled by Sinja however he was respected by all and viewed as a gentleman, theologian, and a scholar. He had come with tombs and assistants ready to debate the validity of the two churches and come to some conclusions where the two branches of their faith could get along or at least avoid inevitable crusades as the Rakshasa had expected with the far east.

Harshad Mminas, was probably not well known to many but anyone who had studied the Rakshasa knew he was the architect of their success. He was the vizier of the entire rise of the Rakshasa, an undisputed mind he had reorganized the army, he formed the economics of Mareen, studied and connected most alliances and helped plan the joint invasion currently occuring on Regno and more importantly Kunai, this man saw an empire without relying on untrustworthy vassals, he had foreseen the importance of the mountains now ruled by the dragon and the means to secure their race forever and he had come here for 1 thing, that was to negotiate with Regno. They had been forced to damage that relationship rather tragically. He had hoped for more but Sinja was terrified of extinction and that belief had become so overpowering on his mind that it had spread to the citizens.

When they did arrive it was to spread out each with their own goals and ambitions these three did not appear unified in their wants and those who approach could end up with wildly different results depending on the circumstance but time and fate shaped all things.

The High Bishop approached the Lazarites first but their eyes found them dealing with many and were not sure how much the faith would get to be discussed this evening or if they would require weeks to come to some consensus on religious philosophy.

Gigastrax approached the leader of Varjik with a terrifying grin on his face beckoning her with delight his eyes on that crown.

Harshad Mminas looked to find the nation of Regno, it was a cautious approach, one can never be sure how much vengeance was in their heart, with them taking their knowledge of economics and then invade their allies... Of course Sinja felt they had betrayed them but to Harshad that mattered little.
    Last edited by asmodeussnake; 2018-12-22 at 12:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler: Elena looks approximately like this, except she has curly hair
    Show

Lazar
    Elena raised her eyebrows in genuine surprise. She thought that the Lazarites would understand the dangers posed to them by the nearby expansionist empire, whose dragon overlord even directly commanded it to take revenge on the Isles. But she was not going to be deterred by the Arndok's dismissive answer. She speaks in a warm yet serious tone:"Yet the Theocracy did not seem to care that much about a shared faith when they invaded Ti Linnad at the command of the so-called Cinder Queen. If you are as wise as they say, Arndok, you should know that when greed and evil corrupt the hearts of men, there is little room left for noble religious philosophies or for respect for one's neighbors."

She turns to Karas Mar, thinking that he would perhaps agree with her more readily, being a secular ruler. "Of course Lazar's course of action is up to you two, I am merely offering advice and the friendship of our nation."

Yondar
    Was Yven lucky or unlucky to be still "just" a prince, even though he was a few years older than Elena? She discarded the thought, she was not here to brood over the incident that had made her the Leader. She nodded her head to acknowledge the young man, using the opportunity to look him over from head to toe, trying to assess his personality. It looked like he was rather immature, she thought. Oh well, even if speaking with him might be awkward, maybe she'll get him to approve a deal that is lopsided in Sfaïr's favor.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Prince Yven. Our nations do have many similar interests - they have a similar size and location, perhaps even our system of governance could be said to resemble yours. As a result, I dare say that we are threatened by the same forces, and as small nations, we might not endure long unless we cooperate, and we can cooperate on many fronts, Prince.

For example, my people would like to explore the unknown parts of Inyaka. As it happens, you know the proper technique of exploring new lands, so if you could give that knowledge to us, that would be very kind of you, Prince."

She smiled, gazing straight at the Prince, and tucked her shoulder-long raven hair behind her ear.

Sfaïr and Varjik
    Elena Blanc finds herself staring at the woman's peculiar headwear for a second, but then she tries to shake off the feeling of discomfort as she addresses Anivine. Though she usually only makes an effort to be polite to further her goals, she herself is surprised to find that she speaks with sincere respect for the older queen now.

"Queen Anivine, I am honored to meet you. Needless to say, I will accompany you, I myself wished to speak with you."

As they walk at a casual pace toward a less crowded location, Elena can't help but feel like the little girl she used to be just four years ago next to Anivine, who radiates wisdom, power and confidence with every step. If anyone at all is like Dejan, it is this woman.

"In the recent years, which have been full of calamities, it has become a necessity for every person and nation to have others who will watch their back, Sfaïr not excepted. It is no secret that I- our people greatly admired Avakonia, so it is only natural that we reach out to you, its successor. I must say, however, that our people have fallen behind the times, in particular technologically, during an ultimately pointless civil war, and so we may not be worthy to be your allies."

Jyotih damn it. She stuttered. She looked directly into Anivine's eyes, with a hint of apprehension, as if she were waiting to be judged.

Regno
    Elena gestured for the Regnan diplomat to come closer, though she wondered if they could not have sent someone more important when she was here personally. "Ah, you are from Regno, correct? I hope the Sultana is doing well? Sit down, please. Kisa, would you bring that? We'd do well to impress Sir Speaker here."

The Leader was not the type to procrastinate on doing business by exchanging more pleasantries than strictly necessary. Her Inyoni aide brought over an elongated object wrapped in black cloth, and when they made sure nobody from the Theocracy was nearby, Kisa lifted one corner of the black cloth, revealing just enough of the object to allow Speaker Basium to see that it was without a doubt the famed Banner of Unity.

"While this was made by the Whitefeather, it also represents the values of Sfaïr well. We strive to unify many diverse cultures under a single just government, so that all wars and injustices may come to an end. But I won't bore you with the details of our customs. Instead, how about we discuss diplomacy - you would lose your position if you didn't make any deals for Regno, no? We also salvaged a technology from Whitefeather that allows one to reveal the secrets of magic more easily, something Regno is always eager to do, or am I mistaken?"

Coatl
    She drummed her fingers on the back of her other hand as the Exarch spoke. She had to restrain her irritation and urge to interrupt the man immediately and tell him that he is wrong. That bastard even dared to call her by her first name, without using any title. When he finished, Elena retaliated at once.

"Dear Tizoc, I simply did not know of it, and would have prevented it if I could. It occurred through no fault of mine, and I will hold the Doge responsible, but that does not concern you, does it?"

Elena made a step or two toward him with a sweet but somewhat creepy smile on her face, trying to startle him into moving back. If he stood his ground, she gripped the hem of his cloak and pulled it a little toward herself, as if she were inspecting it. Then she made a mock disappointed face. "Tizoc, I was thinking that your attire was so perfect with the feathered cape that all the queens and noblewomen here must be having a hard time controlling themselves, but now I am sad to see it's a mere replica, though I must commend your efforts. I wonder, did the people you conquered not give you the original? How ungrateful of them!"

Her amber eyes are twinkling wildly now. Elena found most activities related to ruling boring, so she had not expected to find enjoyment here of all places, and in ridiculing the Exarch of all things.
    Last edited by Corona; 2018-12-22 at 06:00 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Spoiler: Shaeir, Witness to Hope
    Show

Shaeir's skin, hair, and tusks made him stand out significantly from the otherwise Oamenii retinue traveling in with Magi Vecto. While he maintained outward composure, those familiar with the realities of warfare noticed the Sycorax man was scanning his surrounds as if anticipating an ambush. He seemed somewhat appalled at his options for shelter.

His many tattoos glowed slightly with an eerie red light, and dozens of strange rune carved trinkets dangled from his belt and jingled in the may pockets of his heavy pantaloons. He carried a cask of some kind beneath each muscular arm. The back of his sleeveless vest was embroidered with the flag of Sycoraxistan.

"Expedition Leader," he said, addressing Magi Vecto, "I am unsure how things are done in such lands, to whom do we plead for hospitality? How long do calms last in this country? I would like to present our salt while the sky is clear.".
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2018-12-22 at 09:07 AM.
    ...with a vengeance!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

The arrival of Lindeen was more traditional than their last show of unique abilities. They crossed over land and took a single rented ship to make it to the isles designated location. The archon herself had arrived hoping to bring their many strange and unique nations together. The invasion of another dragon had created a unique situation, the ability to slay another beast and free the south from its hell. Thye needed everyone however and that included Ti Linnad and Dvalta, and so these 2 nations NEEDED to be spoken with. Of course the sudden and rather strange alliance with Lazar also needed attention.

The transformative effects of Lazar the very center of faith in the east metamorphosing into a proponent of Lindeen's ideals would allow the world to rebel against the gods and use them as they had used humanity for centuries and the new gods would be the new caste of this world, the sorceror caste.

The archon wore long flowing robes of white with innate stitching and design which seemed similar to Initia tattoos in design with a few unique bents but the outfit seemed to have some form of defensive magic as there appeared to be no weapons on her and her servents carried nothing but what appeared to be short swords (blessed blades for those with Perijianist knowledge)

When she approached those leaders of Lazar she smiled and nodded her head. "It is good to see you both." Something seemed to delight the archon as she spoke to them.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Concerns with the Overvann
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Regno

The reply is simple. The Järlin and her guards follow the Regnan soldier back to Vecto, on one condition: that he not "try to delay the inevitable." When she arrives, her eyes are stained by tears. She looks quite angry, although not at Vecto, and it might be clear that she's having trouble keeping her emotions in check. Following her are the three transformed Overvann warriors. Perhaps the Regnan general recognizes one? They are reciting some sort of droning chant or incantation in an attempt to calm their mistress.

Magi Vecto tried to ignore the chanting, and also the more physical changes that seem to have occurred to the Overvann. Their minds still appeared sharp, and that was all that matte...

"Snorri?" The General of the Aspect of Flame goggled at one of the guards. The body was different, and the face wasn't quite the same, but it was the same person. For a brief moment, in the battle of 'Gxe'Dhok, they had fought together to push back on the dragon's underlings. It was enough that Vecto made a point to at least learn the man's name, and share a beer with the Overvann man after the battle. He hadn't seen or spoken to him since, but Magi Vecto made a point to not forget a brother forged in battle.

The old Oamenii sighed and schooled his face. This just became a much more difficult conversation. He refocused himself upon Jarlin Aeshra, and stated, "Honored Jarlin. Thank you for speaking with me. I won't delay the inevitable battle, but I want it made plain and clear: Why? Why do this? What slight have those of Thae Guceart and the Sultanate done to cause this attack? Where is the glory here in attacking a former ally?"

Spoiler: What's Sfair is Sfair
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona View Post
    Regno
    Elena gestured for the Regnan diplomat to come closer, though she wondered if they could not have sent someone more important when she was here personally. "Ah, you are from Regno, correct? I hope the Sultana is doing well? Sit down, please. Kisa, would you bring that? We'd do well to impress Sir Speaker here."

The Leader was not the type to procrastinate on doing business by exchanging more pleasantries than strictly necessary. Her Inyoni aide brought over an elongated object wrapped in black cloth, and when they made sure nobody from the Theocracy was nearby, Kisa lifted one corner of the black cloth, revealing just enough of the object to allow Speaker Basium to see that it was without a doubt the famed Banner of Unity.

"While this was made by the Whitefeather, it also represents the values of Sfaïr well. We strive to unify many diverse cultures under a single just government, so that all wars and injustices may come to an end. But I won't bore you with the details of our customs. Instead, how about we discuss diplomacy - you would lose your position if you didn't make any deals for Regno, no? We also salvaged a technology from Whitefeather that allows one to reveal the secrets of magic more easily, something Regno is always eager to do, or am I mistaken?"

This was a surprise. He had come here for a different purpose, but obtaining a new source of knowledge was always a good thing, so Speaker Basium grinned from behind his short brown braided beard and let the Dame choose their topic of conversation. "You are quite correct, Dame Blanc. We are very eager to have new ideas flowing through our schools. What kind of salvaged knowledge, and was there something that honored Sfair would like in exchange?"

Spoiler: Witness!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    Shaeir's skin, hair, and tusks made him stand out significantly from the otherwise Oamenii retinue traveling in with Magi Vecto. While he maintained outward composure, those familiar with the realities of warfare noticed the Sycorax man was scanning his surrounds as if anticipating an ambush. He seemed somewhat appalled at his options for shelter.

His many tattoos glowed slightly with an eerie red light, and dozens of strange rune carved trinkets dangled from his belt and jingled in the may pockets of his heavy pantaloons. He carried a cask of some kind beneath each muscular arm. The back of his sleeveless vest was embroidered with the flag of Sycoraxistan.

"Expedition Leader," he said, addressing Magi Vecto, "I am unsure how things are done in such lands, to whom do we plead for hospitality? How long do calms last in this country? I would like to present our salt while the sky is clear.".

It had taken Magi Vecto a day or two to adjust to the Sycoraxistan Witness to Hope. While Regno studied Initia, the Sycorax relied upon it. Necessity being the birthplace of genius, there were many things that the Sycorax were doing that the Three Towers still couldn't understand. Yet, Magi Vecto had been through too many other cultures to not adjust quickly enough, and they had had time on their trip from the Desert of Magic to Lazar. While Vecto found Shaeir's mannerisms off putting at first, the old Oamenii got over it when he realized the Witness was like any other old soldier: respectful of leadership, overly cautious, and too used to things that might kill him for no reason other than he was there in that moment.

That Shaeir wanted to gift their host salt was not - quite - a surprise, as the Sycorax had developed their own culture in the just half a century or so that they had been struggling to survive in the wild land they called home. As such, Magi Vecto addressed him like he would address any new lieutenant, "Witness Shaeir. Our host is just ahead. Basilis Ra Karas Mar sits upon the throne there. I will speak with the Lazarite first, and then you may present your salt. After all, we must not keep the Sultana waiting."

Spoiler: For the Sake of Pride
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodeussnake View Post
    Serene Marasa Pride Arrives

Harshad Mminas, was probably not well known to many but anyone who had studied the Rakshasa knew he was the architect of their success. He was the vizier of the entire rise of the Rakshasa, an undisputed mind he had reorganized the army, he formed the economics of Mareen, studied and connected most alliances and helped plan the joint invasion currently occuring on Regno and more importantly Kunai, this man saw an empire without relying on untrustworthy vassals, he had foreseen the importance of the mountains now ruled by the dragon and the means to secure their race forever and he had come here for 1 thing, that was to negotiate with Regno. They had been forced to damage that relationship rather tragically. He had hoped for more but Sinja was terrified of extinction and that belief had become so overpowering on his mind that it had spread to the citizens.

Harshad Mminas looked to find the nation of Regno, it was a cautious approach, one can never be sure how much vengeance was in their heart, with them taking their knowledge of economics and then invade their allies... Of course Sinja felt they had betrayed them but to Harshad that mattered little.

Magi Vecto had not expected the Pride to come so far. His guard Prilej gripped tightly to the spear he held, and was starting to move towards the Rakshasa that approached them. The young Oamenii was of the opinion that the Serene Marasa Pride had betrayed the Sultanate, and was quite vocal about it. Vecto didn't fully disagree, so had not stopped the boy's opinions. Now, however...

<Prilej. We are guests. So are they. You will stand down, or I will remove you from my service and the service of the Sultanate.> The mental order was quick and to the point. Starting anything here that didn't involve words would make the Isles of Lazar an unfriendly place. Besides the diplomatic outrage, it would hurt trade, and leave Regno and it's vassals poorer off.

<Magi, they dare to-> Prilej began, though the guards stance shifted to one less aggressive and more wary.

<They dare to do as they please, because no one has taught them better. Let the cat man speak to me, if that's what he wants. We taught them the beginnings of commerce. They are due for another lesson.>

While Prilej's face grew more upset and the guard's knuckles on his spear grew white as he gripped it tighter, he did nothing further. Vecto's own face was schooled into a polite neutrality, even if his own thoughts were raging. Still, he had been a diplomat before being a soldier, and you don't get to be the General of a bunch of hot headed scholars without tact. It was easy for the old Oamenii to state calmly, almost uninterested as he looked at the Rakshasa before them, "I am Magi Vecto of Regno. Did you come over to speak with me?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

26. - Top - End - #26

Sfaïr and Varjik

There was something about Elena's vulnerability in presenting herself to Anivine that the Siphoner found sort of adorable, considering her own position within her realm. Most nobility she had dealt with had an abundance of pride or a lack of respect for anyone above them, and common folk with such subservience that conversation became impossible. But she spoke more to her like a person than anyone outside her family had in a long time. It made her comfortable - not to mention being called Avakonia's successor made her absolutely glow with satisfaction. Anivine met Elena's eyes and nodded, a smile creeping onto her face. She had not said all too much yet, but her gaze was more reassuring than intimidating now that their eyes finally met. Perhaps it had been harder back out in the main hall with so many people around, but it had softened. She stifled a small laugh.

"I had heard that under your orders some key Whitefeather peoples have been spared the cruel fate that Khirus was to deliver unto them. It was resourceful to commission my ships, clever to take the opportunity before it was too late, kind to save them from death, and cunning to grant yourself a potential claim on the entirety of the Whitefeather lands. Dame Blanc, your nation may not be the largest on this planet, but never have I seen such fine diplomatic maneuvering done in so short a time. I would be honored to give to you the knowledge of Avakon if you wish for an alliance. We could all use a friend in times such as these."

The Pride and Varjik

Now that was a hat. It was ridiculous, so thought Anivine, but it actually made her smile just to see it. Anivine was not all too well informed when it came to the rich and famous of the Marasa Pride, and so she approached him as she would any other merchant across Emjata - With skepticism in her eyes and a curious look on her face.

"Can I help you, sir?"

Lazar and Varjik

Anivine listened closely to the words of the eastern ruler and their company, nodding slowly as he gaze fell to the side a moment to consider... A second and a half later, she spoke again, a sincere tone to her voice.

"The Cinder Queen has recently come to visit the Spellfather in the west. They had a battle... I believe we can use this to our advantage if they fight again." Her words are deliberately slow. Not because she did not think that they would understand her, but more because she was still thinking of how it would work out as she said it.

"Khirus and their allied Republic, Azenhal, have recently taken a turn for the darker if refugees from their lands tell it true. Blood-drinking monsters roaming the streets and enslaving the commonfolk; a fate worse than slavery at the hands of the cruelest Rakshasa taskmaster." Her comparison to the SMP that the Lazarites were attempting to grow closer to was more than intentional, but she played it off smoothly all the same. "Their dragon is what pains you now, so I believe that we must either draw it out or gain access - And Azenhal is not about to freely let an army approach their object of worship. If my people were granted access to the Kansett in the lands of the Coatl theocracy we might be able to satisfy the Spellfather for some time and turn on her sister dragon, thereby drawing her into battle in the open... But Varjik has had no contact with their holy empire since the dawn of our kingdoms. I know not their customs and have no record of their people traveling far enough west to be hired on my behalf. Lazarites, on the other hand, are renowned as the most capable merchants across Badan and in all the east, so I would ask your help in convincing either Coatl or the merchants in Aniachaket to aid me in chartering a route back to Varjik. Could such a thing be possible without deterring your own efforts?"

OOC: I'm just asking for permission to buy either your TP in R24 or to help me convince Lleban to give me permission to buy one of the open ones! Ideally I can use this to please my dragon and get her to fight the Cinder Queen.

Dvatla and Varjik

When Zäklis found Anivine, the woman was recently finished talks with various smaller Lazarite merchants, wearing a perplexed expression on her face and her hand softly against her chin. The arrival from her step-child, however, had her lose it near instantly in favor of an endearing grin. He leaned in subtly, but she was not one to hide her affections - The woman pulled him into a full embrace, her love represented in the tightness of her squeeze before letting up a moment later. She looked him in the eyes and paused, just staring at him a moment before replying in an appropriately quiet voice.

"And I send mine... Zäklis, I hadn't any idea you would be here. Amerah's been dying of loneliness at the palace, she would have loved to have seen you. I should have brought her..." She pauses, shaking off her clearly emotional reaction. It was still present, she just resolved to be a bit more calm instead. "Is everything well in the north? I've heard things, but only secondhand. About the haunted dragon relics... Please tell me you haven't been touched by any of them." Unlike her usual composed and diplomatic personality she put on, Anivine seemed blatantly worried; perhaps even shaken. It was fortunate for her that there were likely not many paying attention to this conversation.
    Last edited by Zayuz; 2018-12-22 at 03:45 PM.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."

27. - Top - End - #27

BardGuy

(Time bubbling - after the conversation with Lazar)

Nocyca looked around for the Regnan delegates. The presence of the Sycorax delegate made them stand out considerably - Nocyca had never seen any person, of any race, who stood out in quite the same way the Witness did. He waited for an opportune time to approach one of their delegates, eventually settling on the Speaker talking with the Sfairi delegates once they were done.

"Greetings, Speaker. I am Nocyca Rossalli of Ti Linnad. I have heard that Regno is seeking out technology, and I would like to propose an exchange." He saluted, allowing the other to continue the conversation.

Spoiler: Big ol' drag'n
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayuz View Post
    Lazar and Varjik

Anivine listened closely to the words of the eastern ruler and their company, nodding slowly as he gaze fell to the side a moment to consider... A second and a half later, she spoke again, a sincere tone to her voice.

"The Cinder Queen has recently come to visit the Spellfather in the west. They had a battle... I believe we can use this to our advantage if they fight again." Her words are deliberately slow. Not because she did not think that they would understand her, but more because she was still thinking of how it would work out as she said it.

"Khirus and their allied Republic, Azenhal, have recently taken a turn for the darker if refugees from their lands tell it true. Blood-drinking monsters roaming the streets and enslaving the commonfolk; a fate worse than slavery at the hands of the cruelest Rakshasa taskmaster." Her comparison to the SMP that the Lazarites were attempting to grow closer to was more than intentional, but she played it off smoothly all the same. "Their dragon is what pains you now, so I believe that we must either draw it out or gain access - And Azenhal is not about to freely let an army approach their object of worship."

Nocyca visibly stirred. He approached Anivine with a worried expression on his face, saluting. "Greetings, southerner. I am Nocyca Rossalli of Ti Linnad. Pardon me for interrupting, but - are the rumors then true? The dragon in Azenhal is attacking us?"

28. - Top - End - #28

Yondar

"A god may be inconvenienced by the loss of a fragment of itself, but death? That's just not accurate. All your religions agree on one thing, after all. The world can't handle a god made fully manifest, and so we see avatars. Much like what our hosts summoned. But when their sun god faded, did the sun fall from the sky? No. Just a piece. A small piece. The Moons haven't melted. The stars still shine. The seas haven't run dry, and the Brinefather enacts her divine vengeance on those who dared to slay her avatar. The only difference between the avatars of our gods, and yours, is that ours were summoned by the will of the gods themselves, and not the call of a desperate mortal."

"So no. Death isn't the end, because it isn't even relevant. A single candle might go out, but fire itself is eternal. Creation marches onward, as do they."
    He didn't seem particularly offended by the question. If anything, he seemed amused, and his emotions were hardly hard to read. Although next to the Overvanni, he seemed positively reserved.

Overvann

At no point did he make any effort to approach his former neighbors, but he could well see their plight. He had not a scrap of sympathy for them. This curse they invited on themselves, and he was glad to see them suffer it. They had his pity, and nothing more.

Aside from his internal mockery.

Coatl

"Exarch? It's been some time since we last spoke, hasn't it? I trust you're still getting your shipments of... whatever it is you get from the jungles. Well, I'm sure I'd have heard the complaints if you weren't. By the sounds of things you've been keeping busy topping up your land."

29. - Top - End - #29

Ti Linnad
    Hearing of the Cinder Queen moving north Mar's fist clenched and he leaned forward but it was Arndok Kasiri who spoke first.

"We are pleased to hear of this new Xincoatl focused empire even if it is born of unfortunate circumstances. As to your proposal of joining we would be glad to consider it though we would need to hear it from the Exarch himself. We understand he holds a low opinion of us."

"As to the Cinder Queen, you'll have my spear and those of my men at your side in Lascienmo. I will be glad to defer to your plans but know I offer what I can to this battle against the scaled tyrants."

Kasiri didn't seem as surprised or as worried as Mar thought he should.

"I'll make sure and come back here afterwards too," he said glancing over at the Arndok behind him.

"You have made a fine vessel, I am certain it will weather this test as it has all others."

"Excuse us Premiere, we have many guests to greet. If you can get the Exarch, and should he show the Warden of Glen Gwitna, to agree to a meeting with us we shall meet to collectively discuss eastern membership in this new empire."

Regno
    The magical theocracy of the western deserts occupied a peculiar space in Emjatan politics. One squeezed now by all sides of heaven and earth. Kingdom of the southwest, center of technological knowledge, birthplace to a sizable minor religion, and empire not to mention dragon slayers and dragon "tamers" to boot. Yet that golden age seemed to be ending a landslide loss beginning either with the arrival of the dragons or the killing of the Brinefather depending on one's interpretation. The collapse of the Northern Syndicate due to entirely unpredictable outcomes from the Dance into the separatist Amham Federation salvaged though it was by the addition of the Kunai Clans placed borders in a far more imperiled position alongside the Pridelands.

"I suspect you have much wisdom to give elf of the west."

"Though the Sultana surely is the wisest to dragons on Emjata, no?"

Kasiri cast a disapproving glare at the warrior's crass remark and noticed the emptiness of his wine glass.

"Basilis Ra, perhaps you had best take a brief break. Magi Vecto and I have much technical business to discuss."

With Mar stumbling off (to speak with the Overvann?) Kasiri returned his attention to Vecto.

"We received your 'wish list' ahead of your delegation. Regno doesn't bandy about their desire to be the knowledge center of Emjata, do they?"

Overvann
    Mar was annoyed by Aeshra' reaction. He had thought her a warrior yet she turned and fled at the mention of real power. Karas Mar would not run. He would become the next phase in the evolution of the warrior as Krace had for Byon even if he died achieving it.

Glen Gwitna
    "The pleasure is mine," the lizard eyes roamed over both Gwitnans.

"We are so thankful you could attend. Such pious brothers and sisters here makes us joyful."

With that it seemed the Gwitnans were being ushered off. Rushed certainly for someone whom they'd been working with the last few years building a temple. Before these thoughts are given long to fester a dull green scaled lazarite in a simple red robe approached the Gwitnan delegation.

"Warden Ollin? Your Grace, this one is Hesiles a member of the missions who came south to aid in your temple's construction. Many remained and this one had wished to join them but returned because there were many more who wished to work again under true enlightened leadership instead of under the whims of Arndok Kasir who were still upon the Isles."

"There is hope that restoration in Glen Gwitna can mean restoration in Lazar. Something must change and for now it seems our brightest hope lies outside the Isles themselves."

Coatl
    "Cinder Queen and Frostfather too once these immediate threats are ended. No one should have their remains or access to them."

"Certainly access should be limited "to the right hands" as the young man suggests. Though that does run the risk of the wrong hands stealing them out of the right ones"

Whether a passing remark on the political affairs of the Isles or not was difficult to say.

Serene Pride
    Many times Mar was thankful he lived far from the Rakshasa. He had read extensively on their tactics to prepare his own and while often it had been innovation which saved the Rakshasa just as regularly it was sheer brutality. That their delegation was composed of one hundred of the damn things as guards made him nervous. Kasiri however retained a neutral expression that stretched into a thin smile when the elder human from the Pridelands approached.

"High Bishop, we are glad you accepted our invitation. We seek to reconcile what bad blood may have come to exist between eastern and western branches of Perijanism before what amounts to little more than aggressive rivalry now rises to the level of war or crusade. Ourselves and our brothers have learned how costly war between family is. The Lazarite foray into the continent only half succeeded and Coatl and Linnadi navies were completely wiped out as they went to war against one another. If these are not signs from the gods telling us to avoid unnecessary war among the faith I don't know what is. Surely you have concerns and please voice them but know we come seeking peace from earnest reflection on the gods and their messages."

Sfair
    "Dame Elena, if shared faith was enough to bind people we Isles should be loved by the Thecoracy, the Northern Council, and yourselves yet we are chastised by you on greed and evil while the other two bark and snarl at our heels. If you want to offer friendship offer trust in our capabilities to balance the east as the Isles have for decades while pursuing magic that should benefit all of us within the radius of the magical epicenter."

The Arndok gave a conspiratorial head nod though she wasn't sure whether the Dame had been initiated into the Mandates. Most of her countryside had been seized by Mandate priests but Elena had come to power and of age well before that. It could be she was unaware of her own liege's longterm plans.

Lindeen
    Kasiri and Mar both rose to their feet and offered sincere bows to the Archon when she presented herself. The head of magical thought in the north and believed most powerful living sorceress outside Venusa of Regno she was well respected by Kasiri and those who followed his teachings. Indeed her predecessor, the Doge, laid the foundations to the theories now proposed by Kasiri and Atraxi.

"Welcome Archon, we are pleased to host you."

"It is good to see you Lady Atraxi but we must discuss troubling news that arrived with the guests. The Cinder Queen seeks to take Lascienmo. I will go to join in stopping her. If she is coming for Lindeen or Lazar it is best we stop her early or at least slow her down."

Varjik
    "A temporary tribute to lure the dragons into a fight? Perhaps, but we would wish the Kansett or their value returned after the dragons are dealt with and compensation up front for the loss of their labor. As you can see many have been employed in our armies and labor force here. There has been much recovery since Frostfall but the scars still remain."

OOC: I'll endorse your Buyout in exchange for Sedellan Armor Coating and endorsing my buyout of a TP of yours after the dragons are gone.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Regno

Tanya Chalun smiled as she greeted the Regno delegates, "Ah, Magi Vecto, it has been so long, Baern has been telling us such wonderful stories of his stay in the Sultanate and some troubling news as well. I hear that you are beset upon many sides by enemies, some who had at one time been your allies."

"If you have the time, we could discuss the exchange of knowledge that we've acquired," Tanya motioned for Kiva to join her. "Our recent efforts saved a technique used for studying magical phenomena, and I have decided to lift the restriction on teaching others Yondari combat techniques. We would be more than willing to exchange these for knowledge on the maintenance and usage of cavalry, and perhaps some help with centralizing our network of informants and researchers."

Lazar
    "I suppose they would." Tanya added, "It has been my experience that Lindeen cares little for the plight of the common people as long as there mage elites get whatever power they desire."

"Then perhaps the league should take over the Usan Desert region to safeguard its populace from the ravages of our neighbors." Kiva clasped his dark chitinous hands before him as he addressed Tanya.

Tanya stared flatly at the C'tenzi for a moment before saying, "No, I have little use for hollow altruisims. If we are to bring the Desert into the league it is because it secures access to the eastern coast."

She addressed the Lazar delegats, "We will accept your offer, the exchange of the knowledge that we saved from the collapse of Whitefeather, along with the tactics forged by Deja Rhunis, in exchange for control over the Usan Desert region."

Sfaïr

Yven smiled warmly, confidently in response to Elena. He was not wholly oblivious to what she was doing, but she was pretty so he'd humor her. "Well, who am I to deny a pretty woman in need of aid?" He feigned hesitation before adding, "ah, but there is one hitch. I cannot just give away my nations knowledge without receiving something in turn. If word got out that I was giving it away, then my mother would have my hung by my tail at the front gates."

In all of Yondar's history, nobody had ever been hung by their tail, rather it was a turn of phrase to indicate possible repercussions.

"It is my understanding that Sfaïr has the knowledge and capacity to expand on trade opportunities beyond what most can normally achieve, Perhaps you could show me how to accomplish that, and in exchange I can show you how to brave the storms of the north in search of new opportunities?"

Gwitna
    Queen Tanya Chalun approached Warden Ollin Sathelas and greeted him, "Warden Sathelas is it not? I am Queen Tanya Chalun va Meera, it is good to see that Gwitna has recovered some since its collapse. I do hope this event finds you in good tidings? If you are interested, there is some information that the Yondari league is looking to trade for."

Varjik

Yven approached the Anivine, she carried herself with a warrior's spirit but the finer resemblances to Iskander was lost on the Yondari prince. He had only vague notions of who she was and the extent of the threats pressuring the kingdom of Varjik; namely 'Kidveva'dvu’j and, more recently, the republic of Khirus' descent into madness and barbarity. He greeted her warmly. "Greetings, Queen of Thorns, I am Yven Chalun of the Yondari League, might I purchase some of your time?"