New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: UPick

1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: UPick

Tentative vote on JeenLeen while I'm thinking about it. I can believe you're a voider, and that's why I suspect you're scum instead of town.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-21 at 11:17 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Oh gotcha you're a flavor/role cop hybrid

Makes sense to me

So you guessed AV's flavor last night and saw what abilites she now has
    Yep, exactly.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Yep, exactly.
    You also implied you can use them.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #154

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    You also implied you can use them.
    ...When Did I?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it's the dual-day-vig bit.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

...When Did I?
    Asking if two dayvig's would be more useful than one.

And it kinda makes sense? Ben 10 doesn't get a list of a creature's powers, ge learns what they can do by turning into them (at least temporarily). It makes sense to me, at least, that you saw I have that dayvig power, saw I was looking to turn it into a second lynch, and was wondering if it would be a good idea to turn your version of my power into a third lynch before you lose it (if you lose it?).

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #156

Planetar

Asking if two dayvig's would be more useful than one.

And it kinda makes sense? Ben 10 doesn't get a list of a creature's powers, ge learns what they can do by turning into them (at least temporarily). It makes sense to me, at least, that you saw I have that dayvig power, saw I was looking to turn it into a second lynch, and was wondering if it would be a good idea to turn your version of my power into a third lynch before you lose it (if you lose it?).
    Eh, Flat out. I can continue being the role indefinitely, or change into a different role. Even being able to use the role's abilities on the same night I use my own. Baner stay on me.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

...I'm an idiot why am I dancing around it like this?

Making a public note for myself: Book Wombat, Apogee1, and totadileplayz are definitely online rn.
    I made this post because after sharing my 2nd lynch plan, I received a message in my QT indicating tht somebody tried to kill me today. Not last night, today. I've spent several minutes wondering if it was totadile trying to kill me with my own power and then I realized I'm an idiot: if totadile had tried to kill me, he wpuld've had to do it publicly.

Reaffirming my vote on JeenLeen, but now with an explanation: I scried him last night, and my night power can theoretically get alignment, but that's not the info I received past night (I don't choose what I get). I scried Jeen Leen as Light Yagami, and ge has one ability called "Last Chapter".

Light Yagami is the villain protagonist of Death Note and he literally just murders people. Eitger he's lying about how his power works, was online, and 100% used it to try and kill me...or Unavenger made Light Yagami a voider for some inexplicable reason. The only reason I can think of for Light Yagami to not be a vig is if it would give one side too many kills. Two dayvigs is a bit much for town, but is manageable without powers flying around randomly. But if wolf team had a vig? That'd obviously be too much.

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #158

Planetar

Needless to say, I had to try to downplay my ability, but cause attention to be focused on me day 1, And I still failed on day 2.

- - - Updated - - -

I made this post because after sharing my 2nd lynch plan, I received a message in my QT indicating tht somebody tried to kill me today. Not last night, today. I've spent several minutes wondering if it was totadile trying to kill me with my own power and then I realized I'm an idiot: if totadile had tried to kill me, he wpuld've had to do it publicly.

Reaffirming my vote on JeenLeen, but now with an explanation: I scried him last night, and my night power can theoretically get alignment, but that's not the info I received past night (I don't choose what I get). I scried Jeen Leen as Light Yagami, and ge has one ability called "Last Chapter".

Light Yagami is the villain protagonist of Death Note and he literally just murders people. Eitger he's lying about how his power works, was online, and 100% used it to try and kill me...or Unavenger made Light Yagami a voider for some inexplicable reason. The only reason I can think of for Light Yagami to not be a vig is if it would give one side too many kills. Two dayvigs is a bit much for town, but is manageable without powers flying around randomly. But if wolf team had a vig? That'd obviously be too much.
    Jeenleen. Frankly speaking I always knew, I'd vote you based on your role.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, Flat out. I can continue being the role indefinitely, or change into a different role. Even being able to use the role's abilities on the same night I use my own. Baner stay on me.
    I like this post, but only if you know why I like this post.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #160

Planetar

Further note, I hypothesized he was a voider, he never said he was.

- - - Updated - - -

I like this post, but only if you know why I like this post.
    I Can tell you I know for a fact you have a defensive power. It's kinda confirmed right now.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

No, I’m not interested in revealing my role at this time. But I’d love to know why Apogee targeted me and for what purpose.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Further note, I hypothesized he was a voider, he never said he was.
    Looking bqck I realize he was talking about Cao as tye first voider, which explains why he doesn't think we'd have a second one. So that's fair. But that just means he 100% has a kill power.

I Can tell you I know for a fact you have a defensive power. It's kinda confirmed right now.
    I worded things so you wouldn't have to specify. I know what it is, and you know what it is, but they don't have to know, you know?

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #163

Planetar

Looking bqck I realize he was talking about Cao as tye first voider, which explains why he doesn't think we'd have a second one. So that's fair. But that just means he 100% has a kill power.

I worded things so you wouldn't have to specify. I know what it is, and you know what it is, but they don't have to know, you know?
    Any Dunce on the planet, can tell your not dead right now.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Any Dunce on the planet, can tell your not dead right now.
    That's fair enough.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Jeenleen just confirmed they were a voider here, and now the question becomes what the heck is a voider?
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    A voider is what Cao flipped as (also known as roleblocker)

I am Light Yagami.
    My power, Final Chapter, isn't an active killing power. I reckon it would be if I were a wolf, but it's reactionary. Light kills via controlling and knowing the name of who he will kill. It's a Beast-type retribution kill. The fluff is that, if I die, I write their name in the last moment before they finish me off, killing them as well.
    D1, I was trying to hint that I might be a seer (by referencing Prof X) in order to draw the first NK to me.

Though I definitely understand that y'all will still lynch me. It certainly looks suspicious, and follows what AV says is happening to her. Nobody looks particularly wolfy to me, but I'll try to reread and think where I want to vote.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I am Light Yagami.
    My power, Final Chapter, isn't an active killing power. I reckon it would be if I were a wolf, but it's reactionary. Light kills via controlling and knowing the name of who he will kill. It's a Beast-type retribution kill. The fluff is that, if I die, I write their name in the last moment before they finish me off, killing them as well.
    D1, I was trying to hint that I might be a seer (by referencing Prof X) in order to draw the first NK to me.

Though I definitely understand that y'all will still lynch me. It certainly looks suspicious, and follows what AV says is happening to her. Nobody looks particularly wolfy to me, but I'll try to reread and think where I want to vote.
    Little is going to convince me to look elsewhere (you have to admit it looks bad), but if your death reveal is gonna be town, it'll be helpful to provide what analysis you can to guide our aim better afterwards.

@totadile I'll handle the first pseudolynch. If I die for fingering an innocent townbeast instead of a nefarious wolf vig, then so be it. You'll be able to continue the lynch train in my absence.

(Also I gotta be honest: "that kill couldn't have been me because I have a Beast power" isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement. I mean town beast has been a thing sometimes, but not exactly common. )

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #167

Planetar

Little is going to convince me to look elsewhere (you have to admit it looks bad), but if your death reveal is gonna be town, it'll be helpful to provide what analysis you can to guide our aim better afterwards.

@totadile I'll handle the first pseudolynch. If I die for fingering an innocent townbeast instead of a nefarious wolf vig, then so be it. You'll be able to continue the lynch train in my absence.

(Also I gotta be honest: "that kill couldn't have been me because I have a Beast power" isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement. I mean town beast has been a thing sometimes, but not exactly common. )
    Yeah, Right One Thing. Forgot the weakness to the mightiest power I can think of the target must be alive.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Right One Thing. Forgot the weakness to the mightiest power I can think of the target must be alive.
    Would you like to go first then, and potentially keep us both at full power? Im good either way.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #169

Planetar

Would you like to go first then, and potentially keep us both at full power? Im good either way.
    I mean Sure, I just think the safest play for light is to have him be the actual lynch.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

If y'all are town, safest play is letting the town lynch me to hope I get a wolf. You could save your dayvig(s?) for the runner-ups.
    And, honestly, I'll probably be online very little the rest of Day due to the weekend, so my staying alive won't have much influence.

Still pondering if anyone looks particularly wolfy.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

I mean Sure, I just think the safest play for light is to have him be the actual lynch.
    If y'all are town, safest play is letting the town lynch me to hope I get a wolf. You could save your dayvig(s?) for the runner-ups.
    And, honestly, I'll probably be online very little the rest of Day due to the weekend, so my staying alive won't have much influence.

Still pondering if anyone looks particularly wolfy.
    Y'all have a point. I'm getting too caught up in my own power. Real lynch for JeenLeen, and pseudolynch(es) for somebody else...

Will analyze thread in more detail when I'm back home in a few hours.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Pseudolynch vote on Apogee1 for targeting me under mysterious circumstances.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Thinking back... this all hinges on AV being honest. Maybe she does have a scry, and totaldileplayz notes a defensive power, but she already knows enough to know what he'd know...

I'm wondering about totaldileplayz and AV. Everything totaldileplayz did D1 screams town, but he's also a new player to our metagame so I might be reading him with biased eyes. And AV could be lying in conjunction with him to play us and get rid of me, if both are wolves. Her wordplay in dismissing Cao's theory D1 about wolf-buddies makes me think maybe she was having a hidden laugh at being wolf-buddies with someone.

If AV scried me to find out I was Light, that'd give wolf!AV what she needs to get me lynched. And it's believable enough that me flipping town wouldn't automatically get her lynched.
    And she expects us to believe she's really a day-vig AND a sorta-seer AND (if totaldile is honest) has some sort of protective power. That seems overpowered.

That AV kinda pushed for totaldile to day-vig me makes me a touch more suspicious of her than him, but I guess if one of them is a wolf, the other one has to be as well, so that's not really evidence in either direction. (Not 100% sure if that's right.)

On the other hand, I don't think my suspicions warrant voting them. If AV is being honest, she'd day-vig me if she got close to being the main lynch candidate. If I'm lying and flip wolf, the votes will go off her; if I'm honest and flip town, I take her with me so it's moot.
    And I doubt the town would want to lynch someone with her powerset without it being made questionable by something like me flipping town. Maybe for D3.
    Same essentially goes for totaldileplayz.

I admit I'm a little frazzled by looking like I'm certainly dead one way or another this Day, so I might not be thinking 100% effectively. But I'll vote Captain Cap. He was the runner-up wagon D1, and if he flips wolf, that might give more insight to D1 voting habits.

24. - Top - End - #174

Planetar

AND (if totaldile is honest) has some sort of protective power. That seems overpowered.
    Actually No, It doesn't matter what I say about her defensive power, she says she had an attempted attack attempt on her today, the only way she could have survived is if she had a defensive power. That bit can be most easily confirmed through the attempted murder attempt. Even If you didn't trust me about it, so long as you believe that someone tried to kill her, AvatarVecna should have a defensive power, all I'm doing is confirming it? And it stacks up with her role.

And Frankly I have no reason to doubt her, just because of my own power.

- - - Updated - - -

Not just because of it's abilities to verify she has them, but rather, I don't doubt her being town due to her capabilities, seeing as my own powers make it so that, if I was pointing anyone for their abilities being flagrantly op, I'd choose myself.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

I can confirm I'm overpowered. It's not just your imagination.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

This does seem like a LOT of power for a townie. Enough power for me to suspect wolf or neutral.

I mean come on. Seer+vig in one. Color me suspicious and I would like it on record that I wanted to kill AV on day one.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    This does seem like a LOT of power for a townie. Enough power for me to suspect wolf or neutral.

I mean come on. Seer+vig in one. Color me suspicious and I would like it on record that I wanted to kill AV on day one.
    If there's a large enough wagon on AV, I'll definitely join it (assuming I get online while it's existent and before Day ends/I get day-vigged).
    If she's town, real shame. But my theory rests on her (and maybe totaldileplayz) being lying wolves.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post

Indeed it does.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #179

Planetar

Indeed it does.
    Honestly this might be one of the games where there are no mafia. Because I'm far more worried about the alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

This is including if AV is scum by the way.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I agree AV's powers seem OP, but it sounds like totaldile also has a pretty strong power, and mine is also pretty good (although not as strong I think), so it's possible this game is just balanced around good powers.
    Besides, totaldile is backing up AV's claim. I think it's fairly unlikely they're both lying wolves, so AV is probably telling the truth about their powers. That doesn't rule out the possibility of AV being a wolf or a neutral, though.

Sounds like JeenLeen is definitely Light Yagami, and I agree that "town beast" is an unusual enough role that I'm not really convinced by their claim.

Just thinking through AV's claim that they were targeted by a kill during the day:
    - I'm not quite sure if this is somehow replacing the wolves' NK, or if AV thinks the wolves have a dayvig in addition to the NK. The former would make sense, given the lack of a kill last night, but I could maybe see the wolves having two kills to balance strong town powers? IDK.
    - Of course, the other possibility is that there is a (second?) town vig who opted to kill AV. I can't see a town dayvig targeting AV after how the day started, but maybe a delayed vig who chooses their power at night and then has it activate during the day? Eh, doesn't seem super likely, but if someone who isn't JeenLeen did target AV for a kill maybe speak up now?
    - And of course, the third possibility is that AV is just lying about having been targeted. I don't really see a good reason for that, though. Like, I could maybe see wolf!AV discovering that town!Jeen was a beast, and doing this to try to get them killed without losing a wolf to the beast kill? But if that were the case, AV wouldn't have initially suggested that they should do the kill.
    - So I agree the most likely possibility is that a wolf tried to kill AV.

I guess the logic behind lynching Jeen is that Light most likely has a kill power, AV was hit by a day kill from (probably) a wolf, so the kill was probably done by the only other killing power we know about, which is Jeen's? Not the most airtight case ever (unless I'm missing something), but it definitely seems suspicious enough for a D2 vote on JeenLeen, especially because their claim is also pretty sketchy, and a town beast isn't a power that I'm particularly worried about losing.
    Gonna try to find some time tonight to look through the thread for dayvig targets.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!