New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1512
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: "Your Angel of Banter Awaits." ThePhantasm Presents Random Banter #179

Well I don't actually have a middle name which helps

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: "Your Angel of Banter Awaits." ThePhantasm Presents Random Banter #179

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    How can someone have only have 9 letters between there first, middle, and last names? Literally the only thing I can think of is Lee Lee Lee.

Which would actually be kind of sweet.

For funzies, my full name is 17 letters. Woop.
    Syllables I believe, not letters, which makes the name rather big.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Shortest last name I can think of is Ng. There are plenty of 3 letter names in...mmm, several languages, though I'm having a hard time thinking of non-Asian ones. Probably because my mind's still on Ng.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Li Na only has 4 letters in her name

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    AF vet, checking in.
    No ABU for you? I miss the BDUs personally. When you work in dirty environments, you want a uniform that easily hides stains. Black oil/dirt/grease/other blends in fine with the Woodland color scheme. The washed out grey/green/blue is a stain magnet.
    I suppose. Either way we're going to be behind with what we get, so maybe it's just me wanting to be a little more in-line with what's standard outside of our school.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    So.

Update on the exploits of office cat:

Office cat has decided to adopt me. Sits on my chair when I stand up, follows me to the copier, constantly asks for attention...

Still, if office cat turns out to be boss cat, at least I'll have made an impression with repeated head scratches and tummy rubs. And I haven't gotten scratched or bitten once! Huh.
    Discretely ask the cat for a promotion. Its response will tell us at last whether it is or is not boss cat.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ugh. I hate getting things in my eyes. I ended up getting some kind of dust in my eyes today and was barely able to make it long enough to pull off of the road safely while I was driving because I could barely see even as I struggled to keep my eyes from snapping shut from the pain of having them open through the tear reflex and grating feel of whatever got on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Firbolg in the Playground

For funzies, my full name is 17 letters. Woop.
    Heh, my full name tallies up at 23 letters, because Polish loves excessive consonants, much to the chagrin of everyone who tries to say it.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

23 letters here.

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Heh, my full name tallies up at 23 letters, because Polish loves excessive consonants, much to the chagrin of everyone who tries to say it.
    Mine is only 13. I FEEL SMALL AND EMBARASSED.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Still beat me by almost 50%

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Still beat me by almost 50%
    Bob Jones?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ettin in the Playground

How can someone have only have 9 letters between there first, middle, and last names? Literally the only thing I can think of is Lee Lee Lee.
    David Li-Po

(note that this assumes hyphens don't count)
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #1453

I only regret my parents didn't give me some ridiculously Polish name like Grzegosz or Mieczysław. Daniel is rather short.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Bob Jones?
    If it was that you'd actually beat me by just over 50% [/maths-pedant]

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Your last name isn't THAT hard to pronounce. I vaguely remember doing the phonetic breakdown of it. Consonants are just... not very beautiful looking when so many clutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithis Bladewing View Post
    23 letters here.
    14 if going by North American tradition, 21 if going by South American tradition.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

My full name (including middle name) is 23 letters. I have a very complicated last name, pretty much everyone spells it wrong the first few times. Once, I was the headliner of a newspaper (I wrote a 100 page book at the age of 10, never got published thank god because it was awful) and they mangled my last name.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-17 at 05:45 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

17. - Top - End - #1457

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Your last name isn't THAT hard to pronounce. I vaguely remember doing the phonetic breakdown of it. Consonants are just... not very beautiful looking when so many clutter.
    Cluttered consonants are gorgeous! It's just that you romance language people have too many of those wimpy vowels.

As for my last name, tell that to the many many many many English speakers who have tried to say it. During my whole lifetime, I think only one person who didn't already speak a Slavic language got it on their first try. Never mind the fact that it's taken some years to get it right.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

18. - Top - End - #1458

First name 5 letters, middle name 5 letters, last name 4 letters. Awww yeeee
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

As for my last name, tell that to the many many many many English speakers who have tried to say it. During my whole lifetime, I think only one person who didn't already speak a Slavic language got it on their first try. Never mind the fact that it's taken some years to get it right.
    Your family did not know how to say their own name? Why am I not a part of that!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

Cluttered consonants are gorgeous! It's just that you romance language people have too many of those wimpy vowels.
    You should look at Sinospheric languages, they have more vowels and accents on top.
    I think it's the "ch" sound which is hard to get right unless you have seen a number of similar last names or have a vague knowledge of Slavic phonetic structures.

Just noticed my name, my first last name and my second last name (South American custom of Father's Last Name and Mother's Last Name) are 7-7-7 in term of number of letters, the same happens with both of my sisters. Lucky!

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Greatings from college, friends. My roommate never showed up. I have the whole dorm room to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Greatings from college, friends. My roommate never showed up. I have the whole dorm room to myself.
    That... might be kinda cool. As long as you have a good community around you, having your own room is definitely a blessing. Wish you luck in college!

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

23. - Top - End - #1463

Your family did not know how to say their own name? Why am I not a part of that!!
    Look at this:

My family speaks Polish.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I think it's the "ch" sound which is hard to get right unless you have seen a number of similar last names or have a vague knowledge of Slavic phonetic structures.

There is no "ch" sound in Biedrzycki.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Excellent! Having room to yourself is awesome!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

My poor unfortunate sons. Giovanni will have at least a 19 letter name and Anakin-Zebulon will have a 24 letter name at best.

Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-08-17 at 06:15 PM.
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

25. - Top - End - #1465

My poor unfortunate sons. Giovanni will have at least a 19 letter name and Anakin-Zebulon will have a 24 letter name at best.

If that's how you want to name your kids, then I totally support you becoming a parent. As for me, due to my path in life I'm never gonna have kids, but if I did have a son I would have to name him Dante. That name is badass.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If that's how you want to name your kids, then I totally support you becoming a parent. As for me, due to my path in life I'm never gonna have kids, but if I did have a son I would have to name him Dante. That name is badass.
    I am actually probably going to name my son Dante and not the aforementioned names. One: because it is badass. Two: I was suppose to be named Dante, but a cousin born right before I was stole it. Three: It goes well with my last name. Four: I like that cousin.
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Colossus in the Playground

I'll never have to worry about naming kids. And my name is quite short, by my understanding (and comparision to you guys).

28. - Top - End - #1468

I know a guy named Dante. It's a pretty cool name.

I don't know what I'll name my kids (if I ever have any). For girls' names, I'm quite fond of Mariel at the moment, but that will probably change. For boys' names, I have absolutely no idea.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

29. - Top - End - #1469

James. Because I'm boring, but I really freaking like that name.

and I totally would PM you, MoonCat, but I hate conversing over PM personally. It's just soooo awkward and clunky.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    James. Because I'm boring, but I really freaking like that name.

and I totally would PM you, MoonCat, but I hate conversing over PM personally. It's just soooo awkward and clunky.
    http://jabber.virtuemart.net/room/playground.beta/
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back