New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1547
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: FinnLassie's Fantabulous Facade of Random Banter #194

I only know diesel as the truckers' gas. What sort of taxes are stuck on it? Our gas taxes are very low. I don't know. I can't even get the articles right as far as freeways go. Here the names of some of them start with "the" instead of "I" or "state" or "U.S." which are the names of the highway systems. I-5 is certainly "the" 5 and it is too long to be used as a landmark. 80 is not close enough for me to hear it in use. I had to guess, and guessed wrong.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    It's the cheaper and more efficient thing here! Diesel cars are taxed harder to even out but it's still a more economical choice in the long run. (talking about Finland here)
    You never noticed that diesel is more expensive than petrol while you were in Scotland, then?

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You never noticed that diesel is more expensive than petrol while you were in Scotland, then?
    Nope, haven't paid attention as the last time I was at a petrol station in Scotland was over a year ago and even then I didn't really care as my ex paid for the whole load...
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Hey, Cuthalion. Are you anywhere near the 80?

In truth we are closer to the 5 but I think is appropriate after saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I only know diesel as the truckers' gas. What sort of taxes are stuck on it? Our gas taxes are very low. I don't know. I can't even get the articles right as far as freeways go. Here the names of some of them start with "the" instead of "I" or "state" or "U.S." which are the names of the highway systems. I-5 is certainly "the" 5 and it is too long to be used as a landmark. 80 is not close enough for me to hear it in use. I had to guess, and guessed wrong.
    I am indeed quite near the 80. However, I originate from where they call highways "the 5" and "the 80", and it always annoys me when anyone says, "So should I drive up 101 to Eureka?" or things like that. People up here make fun of Southern Californian's way of saying it, which makes me feel rather lonesome.

Diesel is also used in several of the large pickups, and in a few Volkswagens; once my brother put gas in his friend's Jetta, and it didn't work out very well.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

5. - Top - End - #1445

You know, speaking of all this stuff, I JUST happened to see The Lorax movie.

I have never seen a movie that is so COMPLETELY OPPISITE of what the source material is trying to present. Also The Once-ler is a supreme level badass in this movie holy crap.

6. - Top - End - #1446

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Heh

We're talking about John Galt. He's only in (to my knowledge, anyway) one book, and judging by what you said earlier I had figured you knew what it was. Atlas Shrugged, that is.

Well, if we're going to be blowing up a car, I think I'd rather use something safe like C4 instead of the chemical that might explode if I hit it too hard.
    Though when I learned it, he was Trebek. (Shuck it Trebek!)

Why would factoring in the title have helped with the inability to computer a thousand+ page book with 60 page speeches being interesting?

Ah, C4, my first love.

It is everywhere I've been in the states, and has been for a while (at least 10 years). I... wasn't aware that diesel was cheaper than standard gasoline in other places.
    Somewhere between 2003 and 2005 by my recollection, so yeah, about 8-10 years now... wuff... It was definitely consistently more expensive than regular(87?) unleaded by the time I was out of secondary school. I think it's not as expensive as super-premium (93?) currently, but it is either on par with premium (89/90) or beats it out as far as I can recollect. I can't recall the factors that lead to the change offhand though. Granted, I haven't been paying close attention to it, more just casually noticing it, and I haven't really acquired any car-food for a bit due to my car dying.

In the end both are just as bad. AFAIK diesel's 'better', but then again I don't own a car, drive a car or have any interest in such matter so someone smarter might want to pick up this subject to answer, bahah.
    Diesel does have a very particular scent compared to diffused car exhaust though, or at least that's what they always insisted was the reason why Paris smelled off, all of those vespas and cars fueled almost exclusively by diesel rather than petrol.

Wait, what? Diesel more expensive than other petrol? Where on earth do you guys live on?
    Pohjois-Amerikka?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    You're in my country? Ooh nice. Shame you didn't give me a heads up, I could've given you a tour! Oh well, I guess I post too irregularly for that nowadays. I wish for the days of...nahhh no nostalgic times.

So ...In two days I'm turning twenty. Which means I don't have rights to nostalgicnes...But I have been a member here long enough. Argh. Oh well, let's get old! (Though actually I want to stay young for quite some time)
    Ain't no tour like a Tour o' Dallas.

Now, Dallas, you are a Man. Nostalgia is for everyone though. We just poke fun at people who are still chillen doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    And it's only "America!" when we get something right.
    ~**** YEAH!~

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    I'll question my dialect of the English language when the language itself stops pulling pranks on me. Like having the word "cleave" be its own opposite.
    Are you sure? I find it to be hilarious.

Also, you should surprise your parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Amsterdam good. Regular posting hard.

MoonCat adjective. Thing.
    Oo! Take pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    So ...In two days I'm turning twenty. Which means I don't have rights to nostalgicnes...But I have been a member here long enough. Argh. Oh well, let's get old! (Though actually I want to stay young for quite some time)
    Hooray! Are you celebrating?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh man you're in Amsterdam. Go eat some chocolate it's good for you!
    Healthy chocolate?

8. - Top - End - #1448

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Healthy chocolate?
    Do you really believe there's such a thing?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-06-23 at 12:44 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Diesel does have a very particular scent compared to diffused car exhaust though, or at least that's what they always insisted was the reason why Paris smelled off, all of those vespas and cars fueled almost exclusively by diesel rather than petrol.

Pohjois-Amerikka?
    I really smell no difference, it's all filthy nevertheless.

Oh, Coidzor found Google Translate! How utterly brilliant of you...

ION: Page 49. My wee babby is soon dead.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-06-23 at 12:55 PM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Do you really believe there's such a thing?
    I do not.
    Indeed. I shall prepare the funeral rites.

11. - Top - End - #1451

NecromancerGuy

I do not.

Indeed. I shall prepare the funeral rites.
    Exactly.

Hey now, some of us are still on this boat, you leave setting fire to it till after we've got off.

I really smell no difference, it's all filthy nevertheless.

Oh, Coidzor found Google Translate! How utterly brilliant of you...

It might be because diesel is almost foreign, due to mostly just being used for semi-trucks/lorries here, and... you're not supposed to be near those as they can squish you quite easily and don't even have to be trying to do so on purpose.

Well, we're actually supposed to try to finish out page 50 as much as possible, and I don't know who is actually eligible to make a new thread, so we might be sticking around even into page 52.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ettin in the Playground

Though when I learned it, he was Trebek. (Shuck it Trebek!)

Why would factoring in the title have helped with the inability to computer a thousand+ page book with 60 page speeches being interesting?

Somewhere between 2003 and 2005 by my recollection, so yeah, about 8-10 years now... wuff... It was definitely consistently more expensive than regular(87?) unleaded by the time I was out of secondary school. I think it's not as expensive as super-premium (93?) currently, but it is either on par with premium (89/90) or beats it out as far as I can recollect. I can't recall the factors that lead to the change offhand though. Granted, I haven't been paying close attention to it, more just casually noticing it, and I haven't really acquired any car-food for a bit due to my car dying.
    Heh, I was expecting a celebrity jeopardy link.

A misunderstanding of what you were confused about, it would seem. I've got nothing against long books, and there's only the one speech.

It's about the same as 89/90, yeah. If anything, just a little bit more expensive, but it's definitely not as much as 93.

Healthy chocolate?
    IIRC, dark chocolate (in moderation) is good for your heart or something like that.
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Hey now, some of us are still on this boat, you leave setting fire to it till after we've got off.
    Fine, fine. I'll be preparing the incense beforehand, though!
    IIRC, dark chocolate (in moderation) is good for your heart or something like that.
    Funky.

14. - Top - End - #1454

Oo! Take pictures!

Hooray! Are you celebrating?

Healthy chocolate?
    As has been said, darker chocolates are infact healthy for you!

And yes, Moony, take pictures!

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, that sounds awful X_X
    Yeah, it kind of is. One of the largest bites has even grown ulcerous, meaning I can't even use hydrocortison on it any longer. My last resort is allergy medicine, which we found out works against insect bites as well. I'll try it before I go to bed...

No no no, I meant so we coul SHOOT the midgets. We'd be all "pow pow pow" and they'd be all "Mwhahahaha I can't die I'm already dead tomorrow oh hohoh oho" in their weird little helium fueled voices, cause Midget Psycho's are silly.
    Oh. Although, I think I'll prefer nuking them from orbit instead. *has recently acquired Master of Orion*

From what I understand, diesel isn't significantly worse for the environment, actually, and it's actually more efficient than regular gasoline. I forget why it's more expensive than regular gas, though - probably has something to do with the refining process.
    Probably has something to do with taxation and a low customer base. America has some rather lenient petrol taxes, since your economy is so heavily dependent on transportation. Over here, diesel is roughly on par with the 95 octane petrol (our cheaper kind, I have no idea of why you use such low octane values in Amerika (assuming those even are octane values)), and diesel cars are much more fuel efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Actually... no. Diesel is more fuel efficient and better for the environment than petrol/gasoline. It also needs less refinement.
    It's better for the environment from a resource over-exploitation and global warming perspective, but the higher temperatures in a diesel engine produces nitric oxide, which causes acidification...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yeah, it kind of is. One of the largest bites has even grown ulcerous, meaning I can't even use hydrocortison on it any longer. My last resort is allergy medicine, which we found out works against insect bites as well. I'll try it before I go to bed...

Oh. Although, I think I'll prefer nuking them from orbit instead. *has recently acquired Master of Orion*
    Oh god that sounds awful. People wonder why I stay indoors

Understandable. You'd make a good Sniper then

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Oh god that sounds awful. People wonder why I stay indoors
    Bah, staying indoors gives you terrible defenses. Just forcing myself to not scratch (not always successful) should've given me a +1 to Will alone. Also, my attack bonuses versus mosquitoes are quite awesome by now. I've even got a chance to snatch them out of the air with just one hand while looking away.

Understandable. You'd make a good Sniper then
    Not really. I've got a steady hand, but my hand-eye coordination could be better, so unpredictably moving targets keep giving me a hard time. I'm quite proficient at timing my shot depending on my distance to the target and it's speed, though. I've been known to shoot scouts out of the air across half the map in World of Tanks, after all...

Show

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably has something to do with taxation and a low customer base. America has some rather lenient petrol taxes, since your economy is so heavily dependent on transportation. Over here, diesel is roughly on par with the 95 octane petrol (our cheaper kind, I have no idea of why you use such low octane values in Amerika (assuming those even are octane values)), and diesel cars are much more fuel efficient.
    They are octane values... wikipedia says that we use a different way of rating it than you do, though. 87 on our scale is roughly 91 on yours. I would assume so companies can make more profit off the stuff.

Not really. I've got a steady hand, but my hand-eye coordination could be better, so unpredictably moving targets keep giving me a hard time. I'm quite proficient at timing my shot depending on my distance to the target and it's speed, though. I've been known to shoot scouts out of the air across half the map in World of Tanks, after all...
    As someone with good hand-eye coordination and shaky hands, I can say with some confidence that my coordination has done little to help my horrible aim. Hell, I'm only even reasonably good at shooting skeet because that relies more on coordination, because the target is moving so quickly. (and because you don't really have to be all that precise with a shotgun ). You'll be much better off as a sniper if you can keep your hands still, and the rest is just icing on the cake.
    A few odds and ends.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

As someone with good hand-eye coordination and shaky hands, I can say with some confidence that my coordination has done little to help my horrible aim. Hell, I'm only even reasonably good at shooting skeet because that relies more on coordination, because the target is moving so quickly. (and because you don't really have to be all that precise with a shotgun ). You'll be much better off as a sniper if you can keep your hands still, and the rest is just icing on the cake.
    Yes, I sure can hit targets which stand still or move at a consistent speed, but people playing FPSs have a tendency to be wary of snipers and move in unpredictable patterns, and all AI enemies seem to be gifted with a sixth sense, no matter which game you choose to play.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1460

Bah, staying indoors gives you terrible defenses. Just forcing myself to not scratch (not always successful) should've given me a +1 to Will alone. Also, my attack bonuses versus mosquitoes are quite awesome by now. I've even got a chance to snatch them out of the air with just one hand while looking away.

I know, but I tend to stay in doors. I'm an introveeeert *curls into a ball*

Ah, okay. Sounds impressive though!

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Banned

I know, but I tend to stay in doors. I'm an introveeeert *curls into a ball*

Ah, okay. Sounds impressive though!
    *bounces*

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

Aaaah! Someone's bouncing wee LaZoozieboo around and about as she has now transformed into a ball! I must save the lass but can't as I'm afraid of balls. Damn it, life.

*makes little sense*

Super Moon and nightless night? Deffo making me go bonkers.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #1463

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    *bounces*
    Uwaah!

Aaaah! Someone's bouncing wee LaZoozieboo around and about as she has now transformed into a ball! I must save the lass but can't as I'm afraid of balls. Damn it, life.

*makes little sense*

Hahaha, don't worry, it's okay, I'm fine

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but I hope you're okay.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

This sounds like an excellent excuse to create a archetypical DnD party! I'll be the Rogue!

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ettin in the Playground

*makes little sense*

Connotations!

Heh

This sounds like an excellent excuse to create a archetypical DnD party! I'll be the Rogue!
    I'll take the Wizard.
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

Hahaha, don't worry, it's okay, I'm fine

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but I hope you're okay.
    *wipes sweat off forehead*

Um, nightless night is the time of the year the sun doesn't set or sets only for a brief moment. Do you have another term for it? And the Moon nearest to the Earth it can get atm, so it appears to be supermahoosive! Scary! It's like it's staring at you.

It's quarter past 1am here and the sky's just somewhat dim but still very much ok to see in, plus there's a beautiful haze of pinkish orange in the horizon left by the sun.

Um. Um. I think I'm missing something here. *is somewhat dimwitted*

Connotations!

Heh
    You'd be afraid of balls after getting hit by a football (the correct kind, not the 'Murrikan one!) in the stomach more than sodding once. Or getting a wee bounce ball to your eye.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ettin in the Playground

Um. Um. I think I'm missing something here. *is somewhat dimwitted*

You'd be afraid of balls after getting hit by a football (the correct kind, not the 'Murrikan one!) in the stomach more than sodding once. Or getting a wee bounce ball to your eye.
    He's going off of the "save the lass" part. You know, the whole damsel in distress thingy.

Eh, I'll let that one go.

I would try to doooooooodge! I mean, I've been cut with knives several times, and I'm not afraid of them. I've certainly been hit with soccerballs and basketballs before (and handegg balls too, for that matter), and I'm not afraid of them either.
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: FinnLassie's Fantabulous Facade of Random Banter #194: Yo Amidus.

Hm..... I'll go Bard.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Um, nightless night is the time of the year the sun doesn't set or sets only for a brief moment. Do you have another term for it? And the Moon nearest to the Earth it can get atm, so it appears to be supermahoosive! Scary! It's like it's staring at you.
    Ah; the midnight sun.
    He's going off of the "save the lass" part. You know, the whole damsel in distress thingy.
    ...Darn it; I didn't think about this. Now I just sound sexist.
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-06-23 at 05:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

TaiLiu, is... a he...? *eep*

Welp. I feel a tad silly now.

ION: Oh, I wonder when this poor babby will cease to be and a new thread comes up! I'm excited!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~