New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1529
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #196

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I was thinking about eating the whole package, kit and all. Ka and whatever other metaphysical terms you wanna dig up for it.
    That would have a very odd flavor. I don't know if you'd like the taste or not. Do you like extremely bitter things mixed with extremely sour things?

ION: This cat's playing antics have proved useful at last! He has procured for me five hairbands in the past three hours.
    A few odds and ends.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    That would have a very odd flavor. I don't know if you'd like the taste or not. Do you like extremely bitter things mixed with extremely sour things?

ION: This cat's playing antics have proved useful at last! He has procured for me five hairbands in the past three hours.
    Eh, you're a bit young to be truly bitter and not show it yet. I think I'd take those chances.

Useful things, at times. Left all of mine but one on my hairbrush behind when I went to go keep an eye on Pater Coidzillius.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Running. Sleeping on one's stomach. Being able to wear shirts that are comfortable. Not wearing bras.

I would gladly trade all rainbow drops and unicorn farts for those things.
    *whirrr*-cLicK-(beep)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, you're a bit young to be truly bitter and not show it yet. I think I'd take those chances.

Useful things, at times. Left all of mine but one on my hairbrush behind when I went to go keep an eye on Pater Coidzillius.
    Well, I'm not bitter now, no. I've mellowed out in the past year. Sour... easily. I'm certainly not sweet, and we're running out of types of flavors. (and somehow my personality doesn't strike me as "salty").

Hairbrushes are silly things. I don't use one.
    A few odds and ends.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    After spending a pleasant little while imagining that on a guy's body, I must answer no -- a suggestive draping that changes its hints with movement is more erotic than an exhibitionist second skin. The erotic is more pleasurable than the sexed.
    Oh, the essays I could write on this...

I need feminism because I'm tired of the endless cycle of hurt people lashing out at other hurt people, breaking them and in turn being broken and it being simply accepted as good, right, and proper.
    I'm pretty sure that wouldn't require feminism so much as a complete and total overhaul/reversal of human nature. Because, surprisingly, people suck.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    It's strawberries...

Anyway, I'm tired. Sleep now. Goodnight!
    Oh. I thought it was your brain being squished. Have a good night!
    I can knit! It's always very funny, having people find that out, actually. I'll spend a few months at school swearing, going around punching people to say hello, wearing my leather jackets and trenchcoats and confusing people by also being a huge nerd, and then one day I pull out my knitting in the middle of class. ****ing funniest reactions I've ever seen.
    Oo, knitting. I've always wanted to learn how to knit. Of course, I've always wanted to learn many things and never actually act on it...
    Neat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Because, surprisingly, people suck.
    Aw, that's a negative perspective on life. Lots of people are great people!

6. - Top - End - #1476

NecromancerGuy

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't require feminism so much as a complete and total overhaul/reversal of human nature. Because, surprisingly, people suck.
    Well with that attitude they certainly do. And will.

It's a multifaceted problem, sure, but sexism is a big part of it.

Well, I'm not bitter now, no. I've mellowed out in the past year. Sour... easily. I'm certainly not sweet, and we're running out of types of flavors. (and somehow my personality doesn't strike me as "salty").

Hairbrushes are silly things. I don't use one.
    umami, then.

It's like being a kitty and getting petted except you can pet yourself and people don't yell at you if they see you do it like other things.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    I kinda sorta agree here. Maybe a little in the middle. My views on people of the world is heavily influenced by my mood. But generally speaking I love humanity on an individual or small scale but loathe it utterly on the grand scale. It's not nearly that all people suck, there are some great folks out there. But there is such a majority of people that are either cruel or cold or idiotic or more or any combination thereof that interacting much is a scary prospect. Heck, chatting online is like my safeguard against human nature really. Not that I'm afraid to go out and actually make friends though. Still I wish the world was better than it was and not so scary.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Troll in the Playground

Agh! Almost time for a new thread!

Again, thanks for the congrats. Coidz, I think a cake that'd taste like Amipie would have a new feel to it every layer. Gosh darn it now I want to know what an Amicake would taste like...

Yeah, so, I was supposed to be offline for another day, but uh. Slight change of plans thanks to some weird bug that hit me last night, making me bedridden. *dies*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

9. - Top - End - #1479

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    I kinda sorta agree here. Maybe a little in the middle. My views on people of the world is heavily influenced by my mood. But generally speaking I love humanity on an individual or small scale but loathe it utterly on the grand scale. It's not nearly that all people suck, there are some great folks out there. But there is such a majority of people that are either cruel or cold or idiotic or more or any combination thereof that interacting much is a scary prospect. Heck, chatting online is like my safeguard against human nature really. Not that I'm afraid to go out and actually make friends though. Still I wish the world was better than it was and not so scary.
    Writing things down leaves out a lot. A lot of what is left out is good to leave out. Some people have a nature to look at the talking face and use it instead of the words. It is not a lie for them to have a hard time with writing. It is a lie for them to say there is no understanding at all.

It is most easy to write. When you write a person will not stop you to say, your face is worried, please stop talking. Stop thinking. I do not want you to share this thought with me.

There is so much fear.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post

Again, thanks for the congrats. Coidz, I think a cake that'd taste like Amipie would have a new feel to it every layer. Gosh darn it now I want to know what an Amicake would taste like...

Yeah, so, I was supposed to be offline for another day, but uh. Slight change of plans thanks to some weird bug that hit me last night, making me bedridden. *dies*
    Aw sickyness? That's terrible! I hope you feel well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Writing things down leaves out a lot. A lot of what is left out is good to leave out. Some people have a nature to look at the talking face and use it instead of the words. It is not a lie for them to have a hard time with writing. It is a lie for them to say there is no understanding at all.

It is most easy to write. When you write a person will not stop you to say, your face is worried, please stop talking. Stop thinking. I do not want you to share this thought with me.

There is so much fear.
    Hmm, that's an interesting way to think, I'm not sure how to answer. I guess sometimes writing is good though, for the person too shy or overly stoic to say things that sometimes need to be said, that they sometimes cannot say to others.

I really do wish there were less fear in this world. I'll try not being so paranoid, at least. A little less fear right there. For the most part, I really do trust the people of the Playground. I love it here.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, illness! I hope you recover soon!

12. - Top - End - #1482

BlackDragon

The best backhand compliment I ever received from my mother was when I was wearing a jacket that didn't match my top (colour-wise) because it was chilly and the only jacket I had to hand in that room
    I was discussing that with my mother the other day, because she happened to have a colour-coordinated handbag. I just didn't see why she couldn't use her regular black one--black goes with pretty much anything, after all! (We didn't come to any conclusion about it, other than I don't care about fashion, which I think we both knew anyway ).

13. - Top - End - #1483

NecromancerGuy

Indeed. Anyone eligible around or shall we have to wait until later today?

I'd thought that was your line of thinking earlier too.

Get well soon!
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1484

You have not seen hell until you've cooked kraft dinner for two 16 year old girls with the munches at 1:30 in the morning.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed. Anyone eligible around or shall we have to wait until later today?

Get well soon!
    I'd poke at the lovely cookiebringer, Haluesen... But only if they wish so, of course.

Trying! I'm just super disappointed now, nephew won't be coming over... It makes me a vewy sad panda...
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Troll in the Playground

New thread?

I can't, I still have like 30 to go.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    New thread?

Same

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    New thread?

I'll be eligable by Random Banter #199

19. - Top - End - #1489

NecromancerGuy

I'd poke at the lovely cookiebringer, Haluesen... But only if they wish so, of course.

Trying! I'm just super disappointed now, nephew won't be coming over... It makes me a vewy sad panda...

Hmm, that reminds me, I should try to visit with the nephew a bit more tomorrow. Sorry that you're not going to get to visit with yours now though.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You have not seen hell until you've cooked kraft dinner for two 16 year old girls with the munches at 1:30 in the morning.
    If 16 year old girls can't cook kraft dinner for themselves, something has gone terribly wrong in their upbringing and/or development.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, that reminds me, I should try to visit with the nephew a bit more tomorrow. Sorry that you're not going to get to visit with yours now though.
    No! Bad Coidz! BAD! *slap*

Myeah... I'm feeling really crap about it. It's my last few days here.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

[...] and at times I 'camouflage' it by mimicking things around me (if that even makes sense) [...]
    Spoiler
    Show

Running. Sleeping on one's stomach. Being able to wear shirts that are comfortable. Not wearing bras.

I would gladly trade all rainbow drops and unicorn farts for those things.
    Given, despite most definitely having any boobs, I can't sleep on my stomach either. Trying to do so just makes me hungry. My anatomy is weird...

Aww, chucks. Have a hug!

*warm hugs*

@New thread:
    Either Haluesen or Curly. I must wait until #200, but I think the mods called dibs on that one anyway...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ettin in the Playground

>.>
    <.<

Feel better, Finn!

I was hungry at 1:30, and I sucked it up and kept doing what I was doing. You should've told them to do the same.

Spoiler
    Show

Given, despite most definitely having any boobs, I can't sleep on my stomach either. Trying to do so just makes me hungry. My anatomy is weird...
    Heheheh

I typically find that sleeping on my stomach turns into sleeping on my face.
    Also, I think you mean not having boobs...
    A few odds and ends.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Cute pic! ^_^

24. - Top - End - #1494

If 16 year old girls can't cook kraft dinner for themselves, something has gone terribly wrong in their upbringing and/or development.
    They were high and stupid, and also one of them was my sister, you shouldn't be surprised by this.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ettin in the Playground

No doubt, but they're the only stores in this town to sell them to start with...

And while I mostly fancy gemstones in their rough and natural state, I wish you luck with your amethyst. Is it already cut or would you have it cut for the setting? Or perhaps even set it uncut in the ring?
    Don't you have local markets and shows and things? How unusual...

No, it is still uncut. It's a cluster, about an inch and a half across, ranging in colour from deep purple at the ends of the crystals to colourless at the base.
    And I must admit, I do like that idea of having some of it set uncut...

Hehehe. I will remember these kind words when I encounter these margarin tubs.

Oh, but, one of the reasons I'd love to go to Australia and New Zealand is that I'm really fascinated by the geography over there! It's very different from here and something I've never seen, so!
    Just remember, they can only hurt you if you show fear.

Well, then you must make plans to visit Australia one of these days. I will even pretend to be a real person and say hi.

Bird says New Zealand is really cool; I don't know anything about Australia, though.
    All you need to know about Australia is that we are at least three times as cool as New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I drew this. Is something wrong with me?

No. Not really. Should there be something wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    ... Or, in simpler, more-memetic terms: DEMONS AND PRIESTS WAGE A HOLY WAR! ON MOTORCYCLES!!
    That is still not the most unusual idea I've ever heard...

That is the silliest hat, and her wings kind of fade out toward the background, but good in overall.
    Surely Teddy, we could easily devise a sillier hat if we only put our minds to it.
    But I agree, Skeppio, your avatar is pretty awesome.

Firstly... I was going to say "Who?", but then I remembered who that way. Secondly, when was he put in charge? I didn't vote for him, or anyone else for that matter! Though, I rather doubt he could do much worse of a job than <insert politician here>.

It is quarter past midnight. On 15.49 Finnish time I will be turning 20-something. But I suppose it already is my birthday.
    Happy birthday to you. Let me see if I can rustle up some fireworks...

Spoiler
    Show

Don't worry, we haven't torn the sky asunder, there is not a demon army invading the world and everything is fine.

One of those statements is a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Happy Birthday Finnloops -- here is a cake for you.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have always admired your ability to find such amazing cakes.

I.. I... I am so confused... To accept this lovely gesture, as it is from the awesome Kneebs and for the cake having such lovely colours (... which sort of make me feel like I'm eating Amidus' personalities...), or to kindly tell Kneebubbles I dislike sweet cakey beings?
    Fear not. For while the colours may match aspects of Amidus's personality, the flowers are all wrong. I will have to delve deep into the language of flowers to come up with something, but I can assure you that orchids are just unsuitable.

That's not good at all. I do hope you get better soon.

In related news; I am also sick. I have caught Mynxae's tonsillitis, and if I end up in hospital, I'm not going to buy him any food for an as yet undetermined period of time.
    So... Goodnight everyone. I'm going to go take some antibiotics and I'll see you all tomorrow in the new thread.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    @Qwertystop: Why do you say this?
    Because I got hired to update a website and the section I'm doing is all using invisible tables for spacing and I don't know how to fix that because I'm not that good at HTML and the thing's running on a WYSIWYG system and I just didn't say anything and added the bits I was supposed to add with table-based formatting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1497

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    To quote Men In Black: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." So yes, there are great people. But people, seen as a mass rather than as individuals, suck.

Well with that attitude they certainly do. And will.
    Most people (or at least, most people who I would want to hang out with anyway) find my "everyone is an idiot, including and especially me" attitude endearing. It's part of the "crochety old man" vibe I try to give off at all times.

It's a multifaceted problem, sure, but sexism is a big part of it.
    What you described earlier seemed to me to be akin to "kick the cat" syndrome, which is a far larger and more ubiquitous thing than sexism. And you get called on it a lot less often, at least in SE Minnesota.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-07-24 at 09:17 AM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ettin in the Playground

They were high and stupid, and also one of them was my sister, you shouldn't be surprised by this.
    Oh, so she's been found, then. That's good, I suppose.

All you need to know about Australia is that we are at least three times as cool as New Zealand.

In related news; I am also sick. I have caught Mynxae's tonsillitis, and if I end up in hospital, I'm not going to buy him any food for an as yet undetermined period of time.
    So... Goodnight everyone. I'm going to go take some antibiotics and I'll see you all tomorrow in the new thread.
    Noted.

Feel better, man. :\

ION: I believe it's time for me to go get slaughtered again... TO ROGUE!
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #1499

Oh, so she's been found, then. That's good, I suppose.
    She...she was found awhile ago. We talked about it. You even talked about it specifically once XP

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Troll in the Playground

They were high and stupid...
    The one generally follows the other, I've found
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).