New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Beck Novo
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Middle Earth WW:The Return of the King

I straight up just forgot that this game was running, so my apologies.

Give me some time to get back into it.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

@murska Ramsus asked about why thematthew died, so even if it is obvious to you, it wasn't to everyone. I considered not pointing it out, but both night kills falling on the phantom wagon is no coincidence, so I suspect little lost there and would rather the info be open to everyone.

As for approving of all the finger pointing and vote laying, you are exactly correct. It does please me. Much more productive than past days, and I'd like to encourage it. The popcorn is sheer fabrication though.

@Pelican We must agree to disagree on the sprig matter I think. I did address his statements in my own post, but if they are unconvincing to you so be it.

@Ramsus I think this is my fourth game.

@Elenna... I think. The most recent poster is not visible on phone. I would certainly think that I will not look as town as a confirmed townie, but that seems a bit harsh of a grading scale.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    @Pizza, I find it a bit unusual that Choxorn is suspicious for being silent but not Beck. You have a history with him, but would he not be a skilled enough player to anticipate either you coming to bat for him and/or adapt to the rather less active meta here on the playground?
    I'll elaborate here, since it requires a detailed response most folks won't care about:

Spoiler
    Show
    I haven't really played a lot with Beck, in fact I can't recall if we've even been in one game together.

Beck, if he's the same Beck I'm thinking of, plays on another forum where I am one of the moderators. I generally don't play there, because of a taste for certain setups and also to maintain my impartiality as much as possible, but over there it's basically the worst sin to sign up to a game and not play. It won't just be considered bad play, you might get people wanting to ban you from their games, and quickly.

Lurking strategies would involve still posting more than most players here post, to be considered legitimately playing the game.

In no universe would Beck intentionally not play the game, unless he forgot to play, or RL circumstances happened. It can't be alignment indicative for Beck, if anything he'd probably remember this game better if he were mafia and had a team of people relying on him (not that town doesn't rely on every townie).

Choxorn, on the other hand, is one of my good buddies and I have a long history with him. I like him, and he can contribute more or less depending on how he's wanting to play it. And, he can be a low-posting townie. But this level of contribution is below what I expect from him, and there are several people who know him in the game, and this forum is more accepting of players not posting as much.

If he's not under pressure and he's a wolf, it's very possible he chooses to skate under the radar and consider that a viable strategy, because it resembles his meta of not being very talkative, and he wouldn't expect to be dinged for it.

The specific players involved, one could/would, the other probably never would, in my opinion.

Now that I've said that, it can change for Beck, but. For this game? no.
    Fleeing Coward: "We're both agreed that Banjo and I should be the next 2 to die, why are you so desperate to lynch me over Banjo today?"
    Pizzaguy: "Because there is a void, an emptiness in my soul, from having killed poor Eldritch Knight. And I can fill that void with your corpse, and put my danged pizza back on my avatar."

Pizzaguy: "I'm gonna try and bane the folks you try to murder. It will be a fun game of cat and mouse."

Pizzaguy: "Mason, Baner, Seer, is not a coincidence."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

@Elenna... I think. The most recent poster is not visible on phone. I would certainly think that I will not look as town as a confirmed townie, but that seems a bit harsh of a grading scale.
    ...derp. Sorry. I was writing that post in a hurry because I had to leave the house, and I completely forgot we'd already lynched Sprig. Nevermind.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

@Mrs McGinty? Will more info follow?
    It's a tone thing. Snerk faking townie is often more convincing than Snerk being townie. Probably not worth lynching him over at this stage. But worth mentioning, I think, in case anyone makes the mistake of trusting him at all (I still bear the scars).

6. - Top - End - #306

I'm planning to get to this tonight after work, but for now I'm going to put a vote onto Syldar because the logic against him seems reasonable from scanning the thread. My vote will most likely change when I get a chance to read the thread more slowly.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that Murska has a real reason, I'm switching my vote. I'm going to go with Syldar. He never really answered the question about why he believes Luizeu is town (some correct me if I am wrong). Also, what Elenna said (Syldar twisted my words to create a vote against me).
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm on the phone and it's a pain to change the vote on this right now but just saying that I'd be willing to change to Syldar today if needed.

Ramsus, is it that hard to drop your paranoia about me? I'm not sure how you can interpret me basically saying I have a null read on you based on your posts into "FC is trying to get me again"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    @Silent Interim: What reads do you have though? Noone's expecting you to have super strong leads against anyone this early but that's no reason to not give your thoughts based on what you have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    This. No one's expecting a miracle of analytic brilliance on a languid day 3 (I hate this month). But no feedback is death. Spitball and something decent might happen.
    Welp. Stuff happened.

I refer all of you to Pizza's link regarding me- I have no strong feelings one way or the other. I can't do any reads based on tone, I don't know anyone well enough to say if they're being normal or abnormal. And I don't have enough experience with the game to know what's wolfy and what isn't. That said, since you all insist, I'll share what few thoughts I have.
    Spoiler: My observations.
    Show

Duck- Syldar's weird vote against him makes me want to say town. Other than that, no clue.
    Ramsus- Seems to be actively participating and hunting wolves, which feels like a positive to me.
    Askthepizzaguy- Gut is telling me town.
    Pelican- Seems to be participating and providing reasonably solid reasoning for votes.
    Meta- Ergh. He defended me earlier, which makes me want to say town, but I see a lot of merit in the arguments against him.
    Luizeu- I'm not 100%, but my gut is telling me town. It's fair enough to be defensive when everyone is always attacking you. I don't really like the evidence against him, either.
    Fleeing Coward- There's the whole mechanical thing. Other than that, I'm not seeing anything radically different ot the last time I played with him when he was town.
    Syldar- Definitely not getting a good feeling here. That vote on Duck did not seem well-founded.
    Choxorn- Hasn't really been active that I recall.
    Beck Novo- hasn't said much. That could be wolfy, trying to avoid the spotlight and not do anything suspicious, but I don't think so.
    Mrs. McGinty- Again, not many posts, but I don't know if that's indicative of anything.
    TFT- Hasn't been around, really. I feel like he's probably been in absentia rather than trying to lie low.
    Murska- Eh. He's suspicious of me, but I can see the reasoning for it.
    Everyone else- I haven't noticed them or remembered what they've said well enough to call it.

I'm going to go with Syldar. I don't have a wolf read on anyone else.
    Last edited by Silent_Interim; 2015-12-24 at 07:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Choxorn
    Guest in the Playground

Syldar's vote for the Duck seems kind of shady, but I'm actually getting a bigger scum ping from his post after Phantom was lynched:

Quote Originally Posted by Syldar View Post
    One wolf down, who knows how many to go.
    He wasn't the only one to post a "Woohoo, we lynched a wolf" post that wolves and townies alike will sometimes post in that situation, townies genuinely and wolves trying to look town, but his came after a bunch of other people's and it gives me the impression he's trying to hide in the rest of that crowd, plus the "who knows how many" line just sort of rubs me the wrong way, like he's trying too hard to look town or something.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

What's this? Syldar, you say? Sure...
    ___________________________________________Edit line_______________
    Oh wait, now people are saying Murska... but... fine Murska until something else kicks up.
    ____________________Oh wait...no one likes it... aw... But who should i vote for?
    Last edited by Shadow11615; 2015-12-25 at 07:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Choxorn, did you see my post where I said the same thing, or did you come to the same conclusion on the same post independent of my read?

^purely a curiosity question.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadow, you're sheeping awfully hard there.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    What is this even?
    Either Silent is having a sincere lapse in confidence, an early mid village crisis, or it's the vaguest smokescreen ever.

Is Meta really newer than thematthew? Did not realize this.
    Yes and no. Meta joined structure games around the same time I did, but he went through a long interregnum before gaming now.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Choxorn
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Choxorn, did you see my post where I said the same thing, or did you come to the same conclusion on the same post independent of my read?

^purely a curiosity question.
    I saw that and all of the other reads people were getting on Syldar, decided to go look at his posts, and got the same read you did, though I had forgotten exactly who it was that had that read.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Halfling in the Playground

So, these are my 2 cents on the players so far:
    Town leans: Rain Dragon, Ramsus, Meta, Duck and FC.
    Wolf vibes : Elenna, Murska and GAAD
    Could go either way: Syldar
    No blimp on my radars: Everyone else.
    I just find these last votes on Syldar really strange, it looks like they were timed to change the outcome of today's decision. If Syldar turns out to be a wolf that will be great. But I can see him being a townie as well.
    To bring more balance (to the Force) I'll put my vote on Murska for now.
    Darn it Whisper !

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Luizeu with the mindmeld.

Murska

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, reread says Syldar's a patsy - hooks but no tells.

Murska's a dark horse as always, but there's something different from when I've seen him as town before.

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Luizeu with the mindmeld.
    I'd say I'm more a "jedi mind trick" type of guy
    Darn it Whisper !

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    Wrong genre.

Update: The day's extended until, like, Saturday night. Just cuz'.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm at work at the moment, and will be for another ~7 hours.
    Hoping to be busy, but so far... not so.

I think I will not be here for the last hours of the day, but I am unsure.

The push against Syldar seems fast but flimsier than others to me? I think as far as I can remember, Syldar is fairly new to this style of game. I actually have no lean as well.

Also no lean for Choxorn, though he's drawn less attention. I expect many people may be busy soon as well, if not already, but I hope the game isn't too affected.

I'm posting from a mobile device so counting votes is more difficult. I think there are only really two big wagons? I also will vote for Murska.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

20. - Top - End - #320

RedKnightGirl

@Luizeu: Why do you consider me a wolf? Just curious.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

21. - Top - End - #321
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Move along.

22. - Top - End - #322

Luizeu's voting for Murska, his leans without giving any reasons at all just makes me trust him less so therefore the only logical option for me here is to officially vote Syldar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

23. - Top - End - #323

Well, some people can never be pleased.

So FC, to you this type of vote and reasoning look ok then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow11615 View Post
    Whats this? Syldar, you say? Sure...
    Darn it Whisper !

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

For the record I think it's likely, based on the way these wagons are being formed, that both wagons (Syldar and Murska) are the wolves pushing town in two equally pointless directions.

25. - Top - End - #325

Well, some people can never be pleased.

So FC, to you this type of vote and reasoning look ok then?
    Shadow's new and I usually give them abit more leeway than I should.

You've played enough games that I expect more than a list with zero reasoning.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the fact that you're responding to my posts so I know I can get more out of you. That makes targetting you a much better use of my time than an unknown who might not even check the thread more than once a day.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2015-12-24 at 05:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

For the record I think it's likely, based on the way these wagons are being formed, that both wagons (Syldar and Murska) are the wolves pushing town in two equally pointless directions.
    I'm inclined to agree, which is why I'm not voting for Syldar at the moment.

We have plenty of time. Do you want to push a wagon somewhere else instead? Silent Interim, maybe?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I am completely fine with pointing at Fleeing Coward. Other than that, I have no idea.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow11615 View Post
    What's this? Syldar, you say? Sure...
    ___________________________________________Edit line_______________
    Oh wait, now people are saying Murska... but... fine Murska until something else kicks up.

Why ninja edit your vote Shadow?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    We have plenty of time. Do you want to push a wagon somewhere else instead? Silent Interim, maybe?
    I'm not entirely clear on why I'm so suspicious to you. I'm genuinely inexperienced at this game, I've played twice on the forums and been a wolf both times, meaning I have virtually no villager experience. I also don't know many of the players well if at all. I've already said this, but you're continuing to act as if I've not even defended myself. If you could clarify your case beyond "I played the inexperienced card," which, being inexperienced, I should have every right to play, I would appreciate it greatly, Murska.
    Last edited by Silent_Interim; 2015-12-26 at 04:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    I'm not entirely clear on why I'm so suspicious to you. I'm genuinely inexperienced at this game, I've played twice on the forums and been a wolf both times, meaning I have virtually no villager experience. I also don't know many of the players well if at all. I've already said this, but you're continuing to act as if I've not even defended myself. If you could clarify your case beyond "I played the inexperienced card," which, being inexperienced, I should have every right to play, I would appreciate it greatly, Murska.
    Mostly you just earlier posted things that might've come from a wolfish place. Since you actually listed suspicions, I don't really hold you to be my main target at the moment, yet things like pointing at a person you don't suspect while saying that you don't understand my reasons to be suspicious of you right after posting this kind of does up you on my list a bit:

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim
    Murska- Eh. He's suspicious of me, but I can see the reasoning for it.
    Generally if the thoughts you post are what you're really thinking, you don't just forget about them immediately afterwards, specifically if nothing interesting has happened that could've changed your opinion.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.