New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee
    Larger than a breadbox, smaller than the Death Star

Grace nods in agreement, before doing some sort of action that can best be described as looking like she's pulling on a pair of pants while remaining sitting on the ground. It's as graceful as it sounds.
    No satellites is a very safe bet, though if someone brings it up with her, I'm sure Civvy would try to come up with something.

The area around the lake is much as expected. Tall vegetation, some trees, more flowers, a few clearings, but it should still be fairly easy to spot that there is a town in the distance, and a forest off in another direction.
    "Well that makes it more confusing."
    [Lake]

"Hey, can you see that town over there?" Strawberry points a finger. "Looks kinda like early industrial age. The people there should probably know where this is, don't you think? We..." This is the moment she realizes there's a long stretch of dry land between the lake and the town, and her wheelchair is obviously not nearby. "I mean, you could go and ask them, right?"
    She feels a little trapped, like a man on an island or a mermaid in a lake or something.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-22 at 03:25 AM.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

[Forest]

"That... horrible.' Deepwood said with sympathy, honestly look sad hearing that.
    "So, when did you ended up here? Your story shouldn't make you... terribly hopeful. Should it?"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Lake]

"Hey, can you see that town over there?" Strawberry points a finger. "Looks kinda like early industrial age. The people there should probably know where this is, don't you think? We..." This is the moment she realizes there's a long stretch of dry land between the lake and the town, and her wheelchair is obviously not nearby. "I mean, you could go and ask them, right?"
    She feels a little trapped, like a man on an island or a mermaid in a lake or something.
    Laike

"Iiiii- . . . no. No not really. I just see mostly trees and bushes and things." Grace is, at least, trying though! Standing on her tip-toes and everything. "I-I could. But it seems kind of rude to just leave you here?" She asks, somewhat confused. Apparently she hasn't caught on yet to the mermaid aspect of Strawberry yet.

Civvy, however, has! So Strawberry's own wheelchair might not be nearby, but there's a sort of wheelchair looking hovering thing that is mostly pink that could be used as a wheelchair. It even has a note, that reads 'To Strawberry~ <3'.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    [Forest]

"That... horrible.' Deepwood said with sympathy, honestly look sad hearing that.
    "So, when did you ended up here? Your story shouldn't make you... terribly hopeful. Should it?"
    "Sure there is." Naku admits with a bit of a shrug. "You can hope that you can make a difference. You can hope that there is a tomorrow. You can hope that, even if you fall, you can help your friends make it out. There's plenty to be hopeful for."
    And then she realizes that, really, that didn't explain much.
    With a bit of a sigh because she's about to talk about something she knows nothing about, Naku continues, "Have you ever heard of Batman?
    I'll admit, I haven't really, but someone said there were some similarities between us. So after I got . . . bitten,"
    she waves a hand idly at her the side of her neck, as she tried to avoid saying the word, "I spent the next few years entirely on my own. Using the vampires' own powers against them,
    and trying to help any of the last humans I could find from the shadows. I couldn't exactly go be sociable, because I am a vampire, and nothing would stop them from attacking me, but a few of them caught on to what I was doing.
    I,"
    Naku stammers just a bit, almost embarrassed to continue. "Well. I kind of got turned into a symbol of hope for the people that knew. I was out there, in the dark, keeping a watch on them, and trying to help. Sort of a . . . a guardian angel, if you will. I was, was basically the last thing standing between the last of the humans, and extinction.

And now I'm here."
    Naku ends the story with a bit of a shrug.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lkae]

Grace is busy looking for the town, Strawberry blinks - and suddenly, a pink chair-thing appears with a poof of equally pink smoke and little hearts, not quite timed witht he blink. Now it just kinda hovers there, at the lake shore ((because it was never specified when, where and how it showed up, so I picked the most fun option)). Strawberry blinks again. It's still there. She reads the note from afar - and is terrified. Someone is masterminding this, having teleported her and that woman to this lake, teleporting in a floating chair just when she was about to need a wheelchair, and even knowing her name. Also, that heart behind the name strikes Strawberry as rather creepy.
    Sho she does what soldiers do when something sudden and unexpected happens: shout "Watch out! Behind you!" at Grace and hide, in this case underwater.

Assuming that nothing bad happens to her down there or Grace up there, Strawberry will pop her head above the surface again after about 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-24 at 01:39 PM. Reason: removed my smugness
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

Kendra smiles gently.

"I'll be back to let you know, unless there's some reason I can't make it back to the portal. If that's the case, though, I doubt I'll be in any condition to send an airplane, so you might get a visit from an old man named Toji. He'll know to mention me, so either way, you'll know once things are ready."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #126

[Lkae]

Grace is busy looking for the town, Strawberry blinks - and suddenly, a pink chair-thing appears with a poof of equally pink smoke and little hearts, not quite timed witht he blink. Now it just kinda hovers there, at the lake shore ((because it was never specified when, where and how it showed up, so I picked the most fun option)). Strawberry blinks again. It's still there. She reads the note from afar - and is terrified. Someone is masterminding this, having teleported her and that woman to this lake, teleporting in a floating chair just when she was about to need a wheelchair, and even knowing her name. Also, that heart behind the name strikes Strawberry as rather creepy.
    Sho she does what soldiers do when something sudden and unexpected happens: shout "Watch out! Behind you!" at Grace and hide, in this case underwater.

Assuming that nothing bad happens to her down there or Grace up there, Strawberry will pop her head above the surface again after about 10 seconds.
    Kale

Well. I was thinking that the thing had already been there, and in a feat of comedic something, that everyone had just managed to miss it.
    But showing up in a poof of hearts is absolutely something Civvy would do, so that's how that goes! Civvy would also be hurt if she heard that Strawberry thought her lovely drawing of a heart was creepy. She'd even pout.

Grace, not being any sort of trained in any sort of combat, blinks a few times, and looks over her shoulder at the floating wheelchair.
    "Huh." She comments, ignoring the advice entirely, and walking over to look at the thing.

Nothing bad happens at all. It's just a floating wheelchair, because Civvy wants to make her guests feel welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Castle]

Kendra smiles gently.

"I'll be back to let you know, unless there's some reason I can't make it back to the portal. If that's the case, though, I doubt I'll be in any condition to send an airplane, so you might get a visit from an old man named Toji. He'll know to mention me, so either way, you'll know once things are ready."
    Castle

"Oooooookeedokee. Sounds good to me!"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Kale

Well. I was thinking that the thing had already been there, and in a feat of comedic something, that everyone had just managed to miss it.
    But showing up in a poof of hearts is absolutely something Civvy would do, so that's how that goes! Civvy would also be hurt if she heard that Strawberry thought her lovely drawing of a heart was creepy. She'd even pout.

Grace, not being any sort of trained in any sort of combat, blinks a few times, and looks over her shoulder at the floating wheelchair.
    "Huh." She comments, ignoring the advice entirely, and walking over to look at the thing.

Nothing bad happens at all. It's just a floating wheelchair, because Civvy wants to make her guests feel welcome.
    [misspelled locaytion tag]

Strawberry resurfaces and looks at Grace and the chair. The chair does nothing. Now she feels a little silly for having been scared by a piece of floating furniture.
    But whoever had placed it there, it was obvious they wanted Strawberry to sit in it. And refusing to do what the great, invisible puppetmaster wants you to do might be a very bad idea. Slowly and cautiously Strawberry swims towards Grace and the chair. I can do this, I'm invincible, it's only a chair, only magic. But when she has almost reached the shore, she stops. Mainly because the water has become too shallow to swim any further.
    "Hey, umm, maybe, could you...?" she tries to not sound too nervous, which fails miserably. "Could you maybe push that thing over the water, please? It'd maybe be kinda difficult to get in if it's there on land."

((Oh boy, maybe I made her too much of a coward.))

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood nodded. "I see, I guess I have learned a thing or two, from you already.' he paused.
    "I didn't had to fight vampires, but since I'v gotten my cutie mark, I lived alone in the wild forests, surviving, slowly learning to befriend the animals..
    if it worth anything... I am sorry for attacking you'

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #129

[misspelled locaytion tag]

Strawberry resurfaces and looks at Grace and the chair. The chair does nothing. Now she feels a little silly for having been scared by a piece of floating furniture.
    But whoever had placed it there, it was obvious they wanted Strawberry to sit in it. And refusing to do what the great, invisible puppetmaster wants you to do might be a very bad idea. Slowly and cautiously Strawberry swims towards Grace and the chair. I can do this, I'm invincible, it's only a chair, only magic. But when she has almost reached the shore, she stops. Mainly because the water has become too shallow to swim any further.
    "Hey, umm, maybe, could you...?" she tries to not sound too nervous, which fails miserably. "Could you maybe push that thing over the water, please? It'd maybe be kinda difficult to get in if it's there on land."

((Oh boy, maybe I made her too much of a coward.))
    Roight Propper Spellin'z For Puny Hoomies!@

Grace pokes at the chair a few times, before fully processing the request. As soon as Grace realizes that getting the chair out to her requires interaction with the water, her eyes widen a bit, and she starts to stammer something about how she's really sorry but it's just impossible.
    Then she stops, breathes deeply a few times, and nods once. "Ummm. Y-Yeah. Here you go." With that, she adjusts the chair, then pushes it out over the water, carefully avoiding stepping anywhere near the actual water.
    Presumably, she also pushes it too far, and so it goes quite a ways out into the water, unless Strawberry catches it.

Deepwood nodded. "I see, I guess I have learned a thing or two, from you already.' he paused.
    "I didn't had to fight vampires, but since I'v gotten my cutie mark, I lived alone in the wild forests, surviving, slowly learning to befriend the animals..
    if it worth anything... I am sorry for attacking you'
    Forest Clearing

"You . . . ? I'm, I'm sorry. What? What have you learned?" Naku didn't realize that she was teaching anything.

"Eh, the attack is forgiven. I- Just, you know, next time don't necessarily attack people on sight? It's very rude." Naku cut herself off at the beginning of one sentence, and it's fairly obvious. Also, figuring that all's good now, she puts her leather work-gloves back on, in preparation to continue dragging more logs into place.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-04-25 at 06:55 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

NinjaGuy

Castle

Kendra smiles once more, before pulling her hood back up. Apparently, that's all it takes for her voice-change thing to work.

"Take care, both of you."

A whisper of winds swirls around her, before she takes off, flying straight up, then abruptly changing direction, heading for, and then through, the portal.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Roight Propper Spellin'z For Puny Hoomies!@

Grace pokes at the chair a few times, before fully processing the request. As soon as Grace realizes that getting the chair out to her requires interaction with the water, her eyes widen a bit, and she starts to stammer something about how she's really sorry but it's just impossible.
    Then she stops, breathes deeply a few times, and nods once. "Ummm. Y-Yeah. Here you go." With that, she adjusts the chair, then pushes it out over the water, carefully avoiding stepping anywhere near the actual water.
    Presumably, she also pushes it too far, and so it goes quite a ways out into the water, unless Strawberry catches it.
    [the L-word]

Strawberry doesn't catch it. She swims around the chair once or twice, checking for anything suspicious, and also the chair's propulsion system, whatever it may be.
    If everything's alright, she draws a deep breath of courage, grabs an armrest and seemingly effortlessly pulls herself out of the water, into a sitting position on the chair. With her full body now visible, it should be fairly obvious that she's not human.
    "Well, good thing it doesn't tip over."

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Castle

Kendra smiles once more, before pulling her hood back up. Apparently, that's all it takes for her voice-change thing to work.

"Take care, both of you."

A whisper of winds swirls around her, before she takes off, flying straight up, then abruptly changing direction, heading for, and then through, the portal.
    Civvy waves at Kendra as she goes. Then turns to Grant, with an eyebrow raised. "So, oh. Oohohoh. I had a thing for this.

How does the song go,"
    Civvy continues after a moment, with a bit of a doofy grin "'back in the saddle again'?"

[the L-word]

Strawberry doesn't catch it. She swims around the chair once or twice, checking for anything suspicious, and also the chair's propulsion system, whatever it may be.
    If everything's alright, she draws a deep breath of courage, grabs an armrest and seemingly effortlessly pulls herself out of the water, into a sitting position on the chair. With her full body now visible, it should be fairly obvious that she's not human.
    "Well, good thing it doesn't tip over."
    [But not that L-word]

There's nothing suspicious about the chair at all! Aside from that it's a pink-themed hover-chair with plenty of internal stabilizers so it won't tip unless the person sitting in it tries very hard to tip it. That said, one thing Civvy did seem to forget was a self-propulsion system.

"Oooh. And you're not human. Huh. Neat!" Grace comments from her safe distance away from the water.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

[yes, exactly that L-word]

"I sure don't look like one, I guess." Strawberry says while swishing her hands along the sides of the chair, as if to move invisible wheels. Nothing happens. She taps at random spots on the armrests, as if to push invisible buttons. Nothing happens. "Forward!" Nothing happens. Having to fall back to the most primitive method, Strawberry dips her tail into the water and starts paddling. Nothing happens Finally, the chair starts to move towards Grace, albeit pretty slow and very awkward.
    "Though I considered myself to be one until about three years ago. Having an existential crisis is one of the worst feelings, let me tell you. I wouldn't wish such an experience upon anyone."
    Strawberry is not sure why telling random strangers about your life seems to be such a big thing in the Nexus, but she's rolling with it anyway.

14. - Top - End - #134

[yes, exactly that L-word]

"I sure don't look like one, I guess." Strawberry says while swishing her hands along the sides of the chair, as if to move invisible wheels. Nothing happens. She taps at random spots on the armrests, as if to push invisible buttons. Nothing happens. "Forward!" Nothing happens. Having to fall back to the most primitive method, Strawberry dips her tail into the water and starts paddling. Nothing happens Finally, the chair starts to move towards Grace, albeit pretty slow and very awkward.
    "Though I considered myself to be one until about three years ago. Having an existential crisis is one of the worst feelings, let me tell you. I wouldn't wish such an experience upon anyone."
    Strawberry is not sure why telling random strangers about your life seems to be such a big thing in the Nexus, but she's rolling with it anyway.
    [Oh snap]

Grace fairly quickly realizes what she just said, and blushes fairly hard. "I-I-I didn't mean it like that I'm really sorry I didn't mean to offend you!" If she was offended at all. Grace really didn't mean anything mean at all.
    "What happened?" Grace asks, her head tilted to the side slightly. "Dooo you want to talk about it at all?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Forest

'Let me help you,' Deepwood said, picking a wood on his back- he wasn't an earth pony, but still he was strong enough to help.
    'Being rude is my thing. Terrible. Ha?" he chuckled.
    \"Well, you have taught me about hope. That for certain,'

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #136

Forest

'Let me help you,' Deepwood said, picking a wood on his back- he wasn't an earth pony, but still he was strong enough to help.
    'Being rude is my thing. Terrible. Ha?" he chuckled.
    \"Well, you have taught me about hope. That for certain,'
    Forest

Naku starts to object, but then stops for a moment, takes a breath, and just nods. "All right. Over there please. I'll just dig more post holes if you're willing to bring them over."
    Then she blinks a few times, and adjusts her glasses, bemused by what she just heard. "So. Attacking people for no reason is rude. Being rude is 'your thing', so you're just going to keep attacking people for no reason? I mean no disrespect or anything, but that is truly a good way to get yourself killed. Or,
    if you're in this realm, to probably get me called in to make you stop; and I don't think either of us would like that. Please just don't."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

[Oh snap]

Grace fairly quickly realizes what she just said, and blushes fairly hard. "I-I-I didn't mean it like that I'm really sorry I didn't mean to offend you!" If she was offended at all. Grace really didn't mean anything mean at all.
    "What happened?" Grace asks, her head tilted to the side slightly. "Dooo you want to talk about it at all?"
    [Lake]

Paddling ever so slowly towards Grace, Strawberry smiles when she hears the woman apologize. Though she isn't amused in the least, it's just a smile of courtesy. Which also reveals that her teeth are black in color and have a slight metallic shine to them. "Well, it's not like I'm trying to hide it or anything. I could tell you the abridged version." Strawberry says. "You see, I've lived the first sixty years of my life as an ordinary human in a village, back in my home world. Nearly everyone was a natural human back then, because biotechnology wasn't really that well developed yet. When I was sixty, I decided that I had enough of this ever-repeating small town family life, and enlisted for the military. Only because it was a time of peace, of course. There, I got my first engineered body, a mermaid-type just like this one. Over the years, engineered bodies became more and more widespread, until just about everyone had one, like, ten years ago. Everyone looked different, but we all considered ourselves and each other human.
    Until I was swallowed by a portal to the Nexus, three years ago, and landed on a hill near Bayside. Now wherever I go, people immediately call me a mermaid, mermaid, mermaid, and assume all kinds of stuff about me. Except for the other merfolk, they ask why I look so different. It sure didn't help that I knew nothing about this world, had to live in a port basin, and sometimes eat literal trash to survive.
    In short, nothing I had ever been or done in my home world mattered anything in the Nexus."

After having completed this wall of text, Strawberry will surely have reached the shore. She looks down at her long, everyday dress, and frowns upon seeing how soaked and brown with sediment it is. Not what you would want to wear to make a good first impression.

18. - Top - End - #138

[Lake]

Paddling ever so slowly towards Grace, Strawberry smiles when she hears the woman apologize. Though she isn't amused in the least, it's just a smile of courtesy. Which also reveals that her teeth are black in color and have a slight metallic shine to them. "Well, it's not like I'm trying to hide it or anything. I could tell you the abridged version." Strawberry says. "You see, I've lived the first sixty years of my life as an ordinary human in a village, back in my home world. Nearly everyone was a natural human back then, because biotechnology wasn't really that well developed yet. When I was sixty, I decided that I had enough of this ever-repeating small town family life, and enlisted for the military. Only because it was a time of peace, of course. There, I got my first engineered body, a mermaid-type just like this one. Over the years, engineered bodies became more and more widespread, until just about everyone had one, like, ten years ago. Everyone looked different, but we all considered ourselves and each other human.
    Until I was swallowed by a portal to the Nexus, three years ago, and landed on a hill near Bayside. Now wherever I go, people immediately call me a mermaid, mermaid, mermaid, and assume all kinds of stuff about me. Except for the other merfolk, they ask why I look so different. It sure didn't help that I knew nothing about this world, had to live in a port basin, and sometimes eat literal trash to survive.
    In short, nothing I had ever been or done in my home world mattered anything in the Nexus."

After having completed this wall of text, Strawberry will surely have reached the shore. She looks down at her long, everyday dress, and frowns upon seeing how soaked and brown with sediment it is. Not what you would want to wear to make a good first impression.
    [Lake]

Grace, who definitely is going no where near the spooky water, listens, and blinks a few times. She keeps her comments to herself, until she's sure Strawberry has finished her story.
    "Oh." Is her first comment. "I don't know what to say. You say that you got your 'first' body. Does that mean that you can, or could, get more?
    Though I fully understand what it's like to show up and have basically nothing you did back home matter. I got my Doctorate playing with chemicals back home.
    Here, people just . . . wave a hand. Magic whatever they need. So I think I can sympathize at, at least a bit.

So then . . . how about now? How are you holding up? I assume you have found food? You're not still eating trash and things, right?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

Civvy waves at Kendra as she goes. Then turns to Grant, with an eyebrow raised. "So, oh. Oohohoh. I had a thing for this.

How does the song go,"
    Civvy continues after a moment, with a bit of a doofy grin "'back in the saddle again'?"
    Grant frowned with distaste evident on his face.

Hopefully I can dumpster this thing quick and get back to relaxing.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake]

Grace, who definitely is going no where near the spooky water, listens, and blinks a few times. She keeps her comments to herself, until she's sure Strawberry has finished her story.
    "Oh." Is her first comment. "I don't know what to say. You say that you got your 'first' body. Does that mean that you can, or could, get more?
    Though I fully understand what it's like to show up and have basically nothing you did back home matter. I got my Doctorate playing with chemicals back home.
    Here, people just . . . wave a hand. Magic whatever they need. So I think I can sympathize at, at least a bit.

So then . . . how about now? How are you holding up? I assume you have found food? You're not still eating trash and things, right?"
    [Leek]

Without even noticing, Strawberry will use the ancient art of holding-several-conversation-threads-at-once-because-this-is-FFRP-and-nobody-got-time-for-short-posts. Fun fact: it ranks 17th in the list of ancient arts with long names. "That's pretty unlikely as of now. In our world, we had biotechnology that allowed for complete human metamorphosis without any memory loss or other unpleasant side effects. So basically, I stepped into this man-sized fluid tank as a natural human, fell asleep, and one week later I woke up as a mermaid-like thing. I had to do that again every time the military geneticists rolled out upgraded version of that body type. So basically, no, I can't change my body at will or anything, and I haven't heard of any Oparin facility in the Nexus. I'm permanently a mermaid now, I guess."

Strawberry laughs dryly. "Oh yes, magic. People disregarding every law of physics, biology and society with a lazy handwave. To be honest, being around magic makes me really uncomfortable."

"Don't worry, things have gotten better. I've found a home, I've found a grocery store, I've found a job. Well, part time jobs actually, a whole three... two of them. But you get the idea, I'm not a hobo anymore." She smiles. Sure, she is still poor, but at the same time, you can't expect life to just give you lemons.

With the chair now hovering over firm ground, Strawberry tries to swish her hands by its sides again, press inivisble buttons again, "Forward!" again, but still, nothing happens. "Aaand, seems like this thing is just some office chair without propulsion. That's a little inconvenient." She tries to drag herself and the chair along the ground with her tail, but fails.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Grant frowned with distaste evident on his face.

Hopefully I can dumpster this thing quick and get back to relaxing.
    Castle

"Well. Here's hoping. If you, uh, need any help, just give a shout. I doubt there's much aid I could lend if you actually need help, but don't hesitate if you do."

[Leek]

Without even noticing, Strawberry will use the ancient art of holding-several-conversation-threads-at-once-because-this-is-FFRP-and-nobody-got-time-for-short-posts. Fun fact: it ranks 17th in the list of ancient arts with long names. "That's pretty unlikely as of now. In our world, we had biotechnology that allowed for complete human metamorphosis without any memory loss or other unpleasant side effects. So basically, I stepped into this man-sized fluid tank as a natural human, fell asleep, and one week later I woke up as a mermaid-like thing. I had to do that again every time the military geneticists rolled out upgraded version of that body type. So basically, no, I can't change my body at will or anything, and I haven't heard of any Oparin facility in the Nexus. I'm permanently a mermaid now, I guess."

Strawberry laughs dryly. "Oh yes, magic. People disregarding every law of physics, biology and society with a lazy handwave. To be honest, being around magic makes me really uncomfortable."

"Don't worry, things have gotten better. I've found a home, I've found a grocery store, I've found a job. Well, part time jobs actually, a whole three... two of them. But you get the idea, I'm not a hobo anymore." She smiles. Sure, she is still poor, but at the same time, you can't expect life to just give you lemons.

With the chair now hovering over firm ground, Strawberry tries to swish her hands by its sides again, press inivisble buttons again, "Forward!" again, but still, nothing happens. "Aaand, seems like this thing is just some office chair without propulsion. That's a little inconvenient." She tries to drag herself and the chair along the ground with her tail, but fails.
    Lek

It's an ancient art, passed on from generation to generation. To generation. And to friends. Who pass it on from generation to generation. It's a good skill.
    "So that would just . . . keep happening? And you could keep changing it? Not at will, I understand, but was it strictly limited to the same race? For example, if you got turned into a mermaid,
    and could repeatedly get upgrades, could you then reset? For example to, say, some sort of catgirl? Or once you choose, are you locked in?"

With that, Grace changes themes of the conversation, and answers to her last part second. Grace takes ahold of the handles on the back of the chair, and tries pushing it a little bit, to see if maybe she could move it for Strawberry. She can, unless Strawberry objects, and would rather her not. "Well, at least there are handles, so I can help?"

And then she replies to the comment about the magic and physics. "I don't mind much being around magic," Grace comments, as she begins moving them both in the direction of the town, unless, again, Strawberry had rather she didn't. "I just dislike that it invalidates most of what I know."

"I am glad life is going better for you though."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Lek

It's an ancient art, passed on from generation to generation. To generation. And to friends. Who pass it on from generation to generation. It's a good skill.
    "So that would just . . . keep happening? And you could keep changing it? Not at will, I understand, but was it strictly limited to the same race? For example, if you got turned into a mermaid,
    and could repeatedly get upgrades, could you then reset? For example to, say, some sort of catgirl? Or once you choose, are you locked in?"

With that, Grace changes themes of the conversation, and answers to her last part second. Grace takes ahold of the handles on the back of the chair, and tries pushing it a little bit, to see if maybe she could move it for Strawberry. She can, unless Strawberry objects, and would rather her not. "Well, at least there are handles, so I can help?"

And then she replies to the comment about the magic and physics. "I don't mind much being around magic," Grace comments, as she begins moving them both in the direction of the town, unless, again, Strawberry had rather she didn't. "I just dislike that it invalidates most of what I know."

"I am glad life is going better for you though."
    [Lk]

Strawberry does not object. "Yes, that would be very nice. Thank you." Since Grace is now behind her, she probably can't see the blush tinting Strawberry's face blue. She didn't really like having to rely on the help and kindness of others, and burden them with her disability.

"No, you aren't bound to a specific body class at all." Strawberry talks a little louder, so Grace my hear her clearly. "I could've become a catgirl, as you said, or a six-arm, or a heavy muscle, or a harpy, you name it. Or go back to enhanced human form. But as I said, I was in the military, so I couldn't exactly do what I wanted. In the naval infantry, you were required to have a combat-mermaid body at all times, in case politics went downhill and you had to be deployed fast. And since metamorphosis takes one week, and my longest vacations were only four weeks at a time, changing bodies for the duration of a vacation didn't really seem worth it. Especially since the state only paid for job-related metamorphoses, and I wanted to spend my salary on something more important."

"That's exactly the reason why I don't like it." she agrees, while letting her gaze wander over the tranquil scenery. "No laws of nature apply to magic. Not even the laws of magic apply to magic. You never know what a spell of effect actually does until it hits you. For example, if this chair was magic, it could slowly twist me into a horrible demon, just by sitting in it, and I would have no way to know until it's too late. Or take the way I came here: one second, I'm lying in my bed at home, closing my eyes for a nap, and when I open them again I'm in a lake located god knows where. Or in another example, I recently saw a short report on television, about a miracle healer who gave his patients cancer, so they would eventually come back to him. By using healing magic." Strawberry sighs. "Well, enough of me ranting. You get the idea, it's the unpredictability of magic that creeps me out."

A smile spreads across her face, and a warm, fuzzy feeling in her stomach. "Thank you. Being concerned about the well-being of strangers is quite admirable, but also pretty rare these days." Maybe not among PCs, but definitely among the NPCs that populate Bayside.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-05-07 at 01:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Forest

Naku starts to object, but then stops for a moment, takes a breath, and just nods. "All right. Over there please. I'll just dig more post holes if you're willing to bring them over."
    Then she blinks a few times, and adjusts her glasses, bemused by what she just heard. "So. Attacking people for no reason is rude. Being rude is 'your thing', so you're just going to keep attacking people for no reason? I mean no disrespect or anything, but that is truly a good way to get yourself killed. Or,
    if you're in this realm, to probably get me called in to make you stop; and I don't think either of us would like that. Please just don't."
    "Ummmm..... I guess it's one of the reasons my wife banished me to this realm..' Deepwood grumbled.
    "I am not attacking entirly without reason- I was sure you are dragging a corpse of your victim!"

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #144

[Lk]

Strawberry does not object. "Yes, that would be very nice. Thank you." Since Grace is now behind her, she probably can't see the blush tinting Strawberry's face blue. She didn't really like having to rely on the help and kindness of others, and burden them with her disability.

"No, you aren't bound to a specific body class at all." Strawberry talks a little louder, so Grace my hear her clearly. "I could've become a catgirl, as you said, or a six-arm, or a heavy muscle, or a harpy, you name it. Or go back to enhanced human form. But as I said, I was in the military, so I couldn't exactly do what I wanted. In the naval infantry, you were required to have a combat-mermaid body at all times, in case politics went downhill and you had to be deployed fast. And since metamorphosis takes one week, and my longest vacations were only four weeks at a time, changing bodies for the duration of a vacation didn't really seem worth it. Especially since the state only paid for job-related metamorphoses, and I wanted to spend my salary on something more important."

"That's exactly the reason why I don't like it." she agrees, while letting her gaze wander over the tranquil scenery. "No laws of nature apply to magic. Not even the laws of magic apply to magic. You never know what a spell of effect actually does until it hits you. For example, if this chair was magic, it could slowly twist me into a horrible demon, just by sitting in it, and I would have no way to know until it's too late. Or take the way I came here: one second, I'm lying in my bed at home, closing my eyes for a nap, and when I open them again I'm in a lake located god knows where. Or in another example, I recently saw a short report on television, about a miracle healer who gave his patients cancer, so they would eventually come back to him. By using healing magic." Strawberry sighs. "Well, enough of me ranting. You get the idea, it's the unpredictability of magic that creeps me out."

A smile spreads across her face, and a warm, fuzzy feeling in her stomach. "Thank you. Being concerned about the well-being of strangers is quite admirable, but also pretty rare these days." Maybe not among PCs, but definitely among the NPCs that populate Bayside.
    Lake -> Town Area

"Yeah, of course. I'm happy to help."

"That makes a lot of sense."
    Grace comments, in reply to the body transforming. "I know if I had to pay two weeks of my four free and who-knows-how-much in fees, I wouldn't want to do that either. I'm sure if you wanted to change though, someone could likely help. Not that I'm trying to say that you do, of course. Just. You know. If."

She stays quiet for several more seconds, digesting what Strawberry had said. "Yeah, that is an entirely valid reason to not trust it. At least from what I've found, usually things don't tend to be of the evil-manipulating type of artifact around here. Though, your arrival here sounds familiar. I was happily dozing next to a lake, and then woke up dozing at this lake.
    But I don't . . . I don't think it was malicious?"

"You are welcome! I'm truly happy to help out."

"Ummmm..... I guess it's one of the reasons my wife banished me to this realm..' Deepwood grumbled.
    "I am not attacking entirly without reason- I was sure you are dragging a corpse of your victim!"
    Forest Clearing

"So, trapped here?" Naku asks, one eyebrow shooting up in curiosity. "And by your wife?"

Then Naku shakes her head in disagreement, as she plants her shovel into the ground to start digging another hole. "Well. Always check before committing to an attack." She continues, in an almost teaching sort of tone. "I wasn't. And had I actually been hostile, you would have died over a misunderstanding. As the saying goes, always look before you leap. You can't normally stop attacking someone once you've committed. Best to make sure you want to commit first."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Town Area]

Strawberry laughs quietly while fidgeting with the webbing between her elongated fingers. "It's alright, you said nothing wrong. I've already thought long and hard about what to do about my body, considered a lot of options. You see, I don't really know how many defense and healing mechanisms this thing actually has, but I'm fairly sure that attempts to alter my DNA even further or graft mechanical limbs onto my body will be futile. And I'd rather not want anything magical twist and transmute me. Besides, this body has a lot of nice features and gadgets, and the lack of legs really is the only problem. So... yeah, I've basically come to the conclusion that one of those high-tech wheelchairs might be all I need, really. You know, those that can drive off-road, sideways, climb stairs and stuff." Those last two sentences got some pretty excited intonation. Like when a child talks about that really cool bicycle it's definitely gonna get for Christmas.

"Things usually are not evil, that's right. Just like the chamber is usually empty when playing Russian roulette." Strawberry falls silent for a moment, letting Grace's words sink in. "Someone or something might have brought us both here for a reason. And what do we know, maybe it had malicious intent. See,..." She again stops for a second, her voice suddenly taking on a much more subdued tone. "Or, well, maybe I'm being a little too paranoid. Sorry for being so negative about everything."

If the location tag isn't fake news, the town should gradually become more and more visible behind all the lush greenery.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-05-08 at 12:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Forest

"Pff.. too many underestimated me. I have survived so far.' Deepwood grumbled, and rolled his eyes.
    "Well, I can go back, but she'l just send me back here until I'll "learn to calm down"

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #147

Now that Giant lives once more!

[Lake -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Town Area]

Strawberry laughs quietly while fidgeting with the webbing between her elongated fingers. "It's alright, you said nothing wrong. I've already thought long and hard about what to do about my body, considered a lot of options. You see, I don't really know how many defense and healing mechanisms this thing actually has, but I'm fairly sure that attempts to alter my DNA even further or graft mechanical limbs onto my body will be futile. And I'd rather not want anything magical twist and transmute me. Besides, this body has a lot of nice features and gadgets, and the lack of legs really is the only problem. So... yeah, I've basically come to the conclusion that one of those high-tech wheelchairs might be all I need, really. You know, those that can drive off-road, sideways, climb stairs and stuff." Those last two sentences got some pretty excited intonation. Like when a child talks about that really cool bicycle it's definitely gonna get for Christmas.

"Things usually are not evil, that's right. Just like the chamber is usually empty when playing Russian roulette." Strawberry falls silent for a moment, letting Grace's words sink in. "Someone or something might have brought us both here for a reason. And what do we know, maybe it had malicious intent. See,..." She again stops for a second, her voice suddenly taking on a much more subdued tone. "Or, well, maybe I'm being a little too paranoid. Sorry for being so negative about everything."

If the location tag isn't fake news, the town should gradually become more and more visible behind all the lush greenery.
    [Close to, but not yet at, Town]

"Yeah, for sure. Mucking about with more changing, when you don't know fully what's being changed, seems like a potentially hazardous idea. And I mean, as long as you're happy with your body, that's what really matters, right?" Grace shrugs a bit. That was her philosophy, anyway. Though her happiness with her own body was definitely something up for debate.
    "Welllll. If you want some help, I'd love to try to help you come up with something. Unless you want to keep this chair, anyway. We could just make it awesome."

"They might have had malicious intent, for sure. Buuuut, I'm thinking that if they had, we would have known by now. It's been plenty long enough that they would make their presence known.
    And I doubt they'd have given us anything. No no, don't be sorry though. Paranoid is definitely better than dead."

The town does indeed become more and more noticeable! Along with it, the smell of delicious freshly baked bread!

Forest

"Pff.. too many underestimated me. I have survived so far.' Deepwood grumbled, and rolled his eyes.
    "Well, I can go back, but she'l just send me back here until I'll "learn to calm down"
    Naku pauses, raising an eyebrow at Deepwood again. She shakes her head, and stabs the shovel into the earth one more time to dig out another scoopful of dirt. Apparently digging this hole is going to take a while.
    "Be that as it may with being underestimated, I'd suggest you avoid making that same mistake of others here. That pink girl you talked to on the way in, this is her realm. She is a god. We also have another guy who just straight destroys planets if someone on it makes him angry. We also have some dragons out in the forest that probably would view you as a snack.
    So, sure. We shouldn't underestimate you. But don't you be underestimating them, either."
    Naku didn't list herself in there either, when talking about the people to not underestimate. Who knows what that actually means.
    "I see." She continues, digging another shovelful of dirt out. "Well, then definitely don't go picking fights. Not if you're supposed to calm down. Unless fights do calm you down. Then you should just be very, very careful."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

[Finally, Town]

Strawberry's nasal cavity actually extends far into her skull, and is densely packed with highly developed olfactory receptors, granting her a sense of smell comparable to that of a bloodhound. A useful sense in dark or murky waters. She'll likely smell much more than just freshly baked bread.

She turns around to Grace, her face bearing an expression of surprise and disbelief. "Help me? You?" She starts to smile a little. Apparently her brain has trouble computing random kindness. "But... why? Really? How would you...? I don't want to trouble you with my problems, really not..."

Somehow, the second strand of conversation seems unaffected. "Dead? I thought we were just being set up for mean shenanigans or something, or someone maybe is robbing our homes while we're far away. Is murder really such a random and frequent occurrence in the Nexus? I mean, you often hear about it on the news or as rumors, but I always thought that might be exaggerated or specific to Bayside." Strawberry sounds a little bit worried.

By now, the women should probably be past the tall shrubbery and entering the outskirts of the adorable town.

((I don't really get that remark about Grace's body, since you never described her body type.))

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Forest

'I know she is goddess. But it's hardly impress me, as I serve a goddess on daily basis, and she is amazingly a dork.' Deepwood chuckled, and made a strange noises toward the ground.

'Dragons is something I have survived. But I get your point.' all of the sudden a family of moles, starting to help Naku digging.
    'So.. what terrible thing are you building?"

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #150

[Finally, Town]

Strawberry's nasal cavity actually extends far into her skull, and is densely packed with highly developed olfactory receptors, granting her a sense of smell comparable to that of a bloodhound. A useful sense in dark or murky waters. She'll likely smell much more than just freshly baked bread.

She turns around to Grace, her face bearing an expression of surprise and disbelief. "Help me? You?" She starts to smile a little. Apparently her brain has trouble computing random kindness. "But... why? Really? How would you...? I don't want to trouble you with my problems, really not..."

Somehow, the second strand of conversation seems unaffected. "Dead? I thought we were just being set up for mean shenanigans or something, or someone maybe is robbing our homes while we're far away. Is murder really such a random and frequent occurrence in the Nexus? I mean, you often hear about it on the news or as rumors, but I always thought that might be exaggerated or specific to Bayside." Strawberry sounds a little bit worried.

By now, the women should probably be past the tall shrubbery and entering the outskirts of the adorable town.

((I don't really get that remark about Grace's body, since you never described her body type.))
    Town

Well. There's more bread. And cherry blossoms. And it's really just a happy, great place. There aren't bad smells.

"Y-yeah. I mean. If I can help, of course. Who wouldn't? You wouldn't be troubling me at all! I'd really enjoy getting to help out. I don't get to much, and I've missed helping people out."

"I doubt it, on the robbing. Technically, I also believe it's burgling. I think. Anyway. I doubt that someone who could take us from where we were, and teleport us, and give us this chair, would be interested in robbing our homes while we were away. Do you have anything particularly fantastical that an incredibly powerful spellcaster would cherish? I know I don't."

They were definitely towards the outskirts of the town. No one has seemed to notice them. The town is overall fairly much themed like how I believe I have it on the first post, and if not then I'll edit this later.

((It's . . . it's just kind of a thing of hers. Just kind of fluff. It'll make sense laters, since she's got a bunch of secrets of her own. But her build, overall, is fairly athletic.))

Forest

'I know she is goddess. But it's hardly impress me, as I serve a goddess on daily basis, and she is amazingly a dork.' Deepwood chuckled, and made a strange noises toward the ground.

'Dragons is something I have survived. But I get your point.' all of the sudden a family of moles, starting to help Naku digging.
    'So.. what terrible thing are you building?"

Forest

That actually gets a chuckle out of Naku. "Yeah. 'Dork' summarizes Civvy pretty well also."

Then she picks up the shovel, with a bit of an irritated grunt, walks about eight feet off to the side, before plunging the shovel back into the dirt. She wasn't going to dig where there was a group of moles she could hit. "That would be a fence. Low enough to not be threatening and chase people off, but still just sturdy enough to keep, say, sheep inside."
    Show