New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXVI

[Birch Grove]

The meeting spot Magtok's anonymous informant specified appears to be located in a small, wooden - but reinforced with stone at the foundations - manor located in a birch grove, next to a bubbling stream. It appears abandoned.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    [Swordsmithing]

"Interesting."

Shadow takes his time, walking, running, getting used to the new form and its limitations.

"Alright, let's go."

He sets out on a systematic exploration of wherever he is until he finds something (or something finds him).

[The Successor]

"I see."

He will go to the infant and attempt to pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Swordsmithing

The Kei-Jin is a wolf, not only does a wolf hunt, it protects its pack. While unable to throw Okami off, it may find it harder to focus with wolven fangs and claws penetrating its thick hide.
    Yes, he is still technically in human form. He is a master of partial shifting.

The Successor

Zane appears, clothed in his dark cloak, a new sword at his side, along with Thorinsgaet and the Rod. He walks past the old man and kneels in front of the child. You are strong, little one. Come with us.

[Swordsmithing]

(Since I pm'd Kris on a Stick and it been awhile now as well as her previous post I'll assume she gets skipped)

Since Okami is at the tail it is not hide nor fur that it is piercing but instead is a hard insect shell. Since this is the exoskeleton of a chimera-like insect it doesn't bite deep enough to hurt. As for Serph he punches the leg with a charged and focused fist. He manages to crack the leg shell a bit but fails do do damage. However the insect is not completely shelled in exoskeleton. The torso is covered in penetrable skin under its fur. It's hide like face is also another candidate for damage if you can get to it withall it's sharp feelers, teeth and what not. The insect tries to smash Okami to a wall this time. Serph focuses on charging a punch to its underbelly.

Beatrice I assume is still trying to take down the sturdy magical stone dorway. Red is just whistling a tune while waiting for Shadow.

In the game world where Shadow is in his hunter form some foes seem to have gathered. A number of Velociprey have come to play. They are in a group of five rushing Shadow from the front. They drool in anticipation of their meal.

[The Successor]

The infant in the cloak will float about just before Shui'yan picks up the babe. The wild energy from the babe is now visible in streaks of red and black. However the infant still sleeps. This energy seems to be attracting some attention as demons have floocked to the area. A group of 3 Succubi arrive and try to charm Shui'yan out of his senses then slit his throat if he gets enamored.

(Assuming Zane did not step out of the scene.) A swarm of tiny fairies of air, wind, water and fire attack him. A second swarm tries to pass Zane to get to the babe.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Haunted Castle

Shark sighs before closing his eyes and counting to fifteen as Leanan skips away. When the fifteen seconds are over, he has his tranq pistol out and is already searching his radar for any changes to the general area. More to see if this was a trap than to cheat at hide-and-seek.
    Haunted Castle

Other than Harley and Leanan missing, there's no difference in Shark's radar.

Besides Shark and Albert, there's no other pings in the room they're in. However, in the rooms next door, there's still several pings on his radar.

The room is very quiet, with shadows cast all over due to the blue lights.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

Birch Grove

Magtok approaches, uneasy. It wouldn't be above Vyrn to try to lead him into some sort of awful trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Swordsmithing]

Given that he's bound in human form, Shadow is rather more careful than he otherwise would be. He backs up slowly. The first one to reach him will receive a two-handed blow to the head with the sword, followed by a kick to the chin as the sword is still in its head (assuming it hits).

[The Successor]

Shui'yan is unaffected, and launches a kick at the first one to come within reach. As he does so, his hands shoot out at the fairies coming for the baby with pinpoint accuracy. All the blows are delivered with power and speed belying his aged appearance.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Halfling in the Playground

Swordsmithing

Okami attempts to leap down upon the creature's torso, claws slashing at the weakest looking points.

The Successor
    )(Sorry, I was waiting on a reply to a pm I sent Asha'man. If it makes more sense yo drop out, I'll delete my last post end edit this one accordingly. For now...)(

Zane draws and splits the Rod down the center, pouring flame along the technological masterpiece. He's now wielding two, three foot blades of a semisolid fearblaze.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Trisha's Cabin

Once they're done, Trisha is laying behind Michicora, simply stroking the elf's shoulder as she relaxes and enjoying the warmth she brings to Trisha's normally room-cool body. Despite switching Ideals, her body was still dead for the most part. After a bit, she rolls onto her back, watching the roof as she runs fingers over her own scars, remembering how she'd gotten each one. bullet wound...knife...serrated axe...crushed throat...explosion... When she gets to one behind her knee, she gives a small smile Michicora...

It's pretty likely that if Michicora watches, she'll be able to guess what she's thinking about.

Under The Stars

At the end, Bugs is pleasantly exhausted, but keeps an arm around the dryad as he watches the stars. The doctor looks inside himself for a moment, trying to feel any sense of betrayal towards his dead wife and daughter, but when he doesn't find any, he's thankful and turns to look at Sequoia with a wry smile. "I think we'll have to do this a little more often."

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under The Stars]

Sequoia chuckles and gives him a small kiss. "I think I'd like that." She says with an amused little smile. "The tricky thing will be staying professional at work." She chuckles and runs her hand over his chest.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-09-02 at 02:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Birch Grove

Magtok approaches, uneasy. It wouldn't be above Vyrn to try to lead him into some sort of awful trap.
    Nothing can be seen or heard from inside the manor. Magtok will be able to approach unhindered, until he reaches the door. He's free to go in if he chooses.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

TARDIS Adventures

"I really need to get some roller skates that work in the woods,"
    Decker muses, not really paying much attention to the quest intro. "Maybe if they had rocket motors on them..." She takes a long swig of beer, and then spits it all out.

"Bloody hell, that tastes awful!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RyanKoopa View Post
    Ray attempts to help the man up onto his feet. "Man you really are in bad shape" he notes "what was it that got you so beat up anyway?" Without taking his hand off Leo he turns his head towards to the ghost "Thanks for your patience. I would go up to get the gem now but someone tangible needs to stay with the guy till he can walk again."

OOC: Didn't know about the ghosts inability to go to the mountain. Then again it makes sense IC for Ray not to know this factoid, so I guess that works out okay.
    [OUTSIDE, a few miles from Inside...]

((EDIT: Not so, unfortunately, since the ghosty lady said so in this post...))

Leo suddenly becomes anxious at the kid's question about his injuries. He hesitates before answering, "It's...pretty complicated. I'd rather not discuss it until I get my bearings...Maybe once we settle this mountain-climbing business..." If there are no objections to his dismissal, he will take a quick look around before pondering, "Still...I don't see any places to take shelter. Where would we even go...?"

((Apologies for the delayed response; I was lazing around over the long weekend and didn't have the motivation to type/write much of anything. I should be more active now that Labor Day has passed.))
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2013-09-05 at 08:35 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1452

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Nothing can be seen or heard from inside the manor. Magtok will be able to approach unhindered, until he reaches the door. He's free to go in if he chooses.
    Sure, why not. He checks for a doorbell, but even if there is one and he presses the button, he's still going to go on inside anyways. They're expecting him, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

TARDIS Adventures

"I'm not really much of an adventurer ma'am. I mostly just clean things ma'am. If you have some particularly tough dust bunnies you're dealing with, let me know ma'am..."

Butler drinks his Nuka-Cola. Not exactly Trog-level, but delicious enough all the same. He does giggle a little at Decker.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    TARDIS Adventures

There's a polite cough from Wilhelm's vicinity. Rather than take a seat with the others, the alchemist has leaned himself against the wall, studying the tavern with apparent fascination. "If I'm not incorrect this is Greece, yes? The cradle in which poetry, mathematics, civilization itself was raised? If this is a vote, then I would stay rather than run into the woods. Trees, to me at least, are all close enough to the same wherever you go?"
    Felandria raises an eyebrow.

Greece?

No, this isn't Greece, this is Golarion, a world of elves, Dwarves, goblins, Orcs, dragons, skeletons, adventure, treasure, all that good stuff.

But I mean if you guys just wanna hang out, that's fine.

I should warn you though, around here, things tend to happen when you say stuff like that, things that tend to force you to seek adventure.

Like any minute, someone is probably going to run through that door, pale and panicked, telling us about something horrible in the woods.

Felandria turns and watches the door.

Nothing happens.

Huh.

Guess not.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

15. - Top - End - #1455

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "So they're called Meeps, are they? Well perhaps if I explained a bit more of our run-in with them, it'd make sense to you. A rather large one challenged me. And shortly afterwards I had put him in his place." Ithuriel shrugs. It may seem a little odd to the elf that one so peaceful-looking as Ithuriel whose very presence seems to have a calming effect would wrestle with a monkey-thing.

"But no, we did not come this way in search of sugar. We are both members of Watchtower. A name that is, I hope, familiar to you."
    Elven Diplomacy

Boris holsters his pistol and lets Ithuriel do most of the talking. He probably looks fairly intimidating, what with all the guns and the heavily scarred face.
    Elven Diplomacy

The word "watchtower" seem to make it all make sense to her. "You can say that, I meet the last two persons Watchtower sent. A pregnant dryad and a dragonman. Good to see they're sending some more competent people this time." She smiles. "But I don't recall asking for help this time around."

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Essarin]
    Thryza kisses her softly, rubbing her back as they snuggle up close.
    "So, anything else we need to do tonight?" Hildur asks, leaving the question open for interpretation.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

[Essarin]
    "So, anything else we need to do tonight?" Hildur asks, leaving the question open for interpretation.
    Wellll, not that I can think of... She unsubtly walks her fingers up her girlfriend's back. We can do whatever we want, can't we?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1458

Essarin

"Well, we do whatever we want anyway," Hildur says, leaning backwards and into Thyrza's touch.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

[Essarin]
    Thryza giggles, hands starting to wander dangerously as she purrs.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1460

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Haunted Castle

Leanan nods, and skips away into the Throne Room. "Make sure you close your eyes and count to fifteen before you start looking for us!" As the splashes of her skipping fade away, so does her humming until there's only silence.

Harley vanished sometime when nobody was paying attention to her...the only trace of her absence was the splash of the helmet she was wearing into the water, but no other sound.

Oh, and the torch she was carrying gets wet and goes out at the same time as the splash. Fortunately, around fifteen seconds after the girl left and immediately after the darkness sets in, all the torches, candlesticks, and chandeliers along the entire castle (including those that are completely underwater) begin to glow with that odd blue fire.

Shark and Albert are still in the Main Hall, and there are several exits, but the notable ones are: returning to the Ballroom, progressing to the Throne Room, or taking some side path that likely was used for military purposes. There could be a secret passageway around here, too, but it must be well-hidden beneath that rotting rug if it's anywhere.

Edit: Even on the SoulDar, Harley just...vanished. Gone.
    "Well, that could be useful. Now, shall we search for... Oh dear."

Harley has disappeared, and the normal light is gone. This is not good.

"Looks like we are going to have work on finding Harley quickly."

21. - Top - End - #1461

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Hillside

Copi makes a noise halfway between a squeak and a heh.

"Wow. Of all of us, we had you pegged as the one who would flip out. I think you may be taking this second-best of anyone that's been told so far. Certainly better than me."
    A Hillside

"It scares me. I'm not the myself that I kept telling myself I was, and this really showed me that. But I can still imagine what I would have done, so I guess I'm not that far removed?" She pulls her knees up even tighter under her chin, arms locked around them as she thinks.

"You know, she was in the form that was blessed by Mother Forest. Her original form. It was part fae, which means that depending on how that works, she might have been reborn as a new fae. It's not much, since she wouldn't be the same at all, but it does mean that it's possible she's out there alive again."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Essarin

Hildur lays her hands on Thyrza's shoulders, leaning down to nuzzle her cheek. "You think they'll hear us?"

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

Essarin

Hildur lays her hands on Thyrza's shoulders, leaning down to nuzzle her cheek. "You think they'll hear us?"
    She thinks for a second, then shrugs.
    The real question is... do we care?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Hillside

"I wouldn't bet on it. If that was true, I would think that a rather distraught god would have tracked her down. I doubt that he would have followed the rules of godly politeness in that moment. I think she really is dead." Copi takes a deep breath. "I'm not going to tell myself anything else until there's evidence. I don't want to hurt myself."

Copi watches the clouds go by.

"You know... I kind of wonder if there's something we can do together to help both of us cope."

25. - Top - End - #1465

(Since stuff...)

Haunted Castle

Shark and Albert can feel free to talk with each other all they want, 'cause it doesn't look like the room is doing anything different for now. It just looks as it did ten seconds ago, with shadows dancing and the occasional drip-drop of water.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

EMBOH Data-Vault

Magtok shakes his head, not exactly moved by the cheap imitation, but not intent on removing his arm from Libby's, either.

"I was. Is there a less awful-looking-Oh right, Libby said two souls. It's entirely possible the other one is even worse though, so I guess I'll play it safe and stay here. What are you going to do to try to stop us? Just throw insults around and hope we get bored before you're little more than some rubble and spare parts?"

Magtok peers down at the server box, figuring that if ever there was a good place to start, it'd be with the thing right in front of him. The thing in arm's reach, where he doesn't have to go anywhere or put in any real effort to investigate.

"Honestly, the supers were more intimidating, and they were terrible at stopping me."
    The notMagtok grins wider, the jagged tear of a mouth seeming to cut ever slightly around the side of its head. There's a faint chittering laugh crawling out of it, separate and distinct even as it talks.
    "Oh, my job isn't to be intimidating, so don't worry the chrome dome.
    Although having a taste is so...tempting."

Which has an almost immediate result of it flinching, drawing a long hand up slightly above its head.
    "Shut up."

Libby frowns deeper, but focuses on her Magtok instead.
    "The box is undoubtedly connected to the structure of the place itself. At least superficially, since this soul used it as a transportation medium."
    Once far away, then here. What other conclusion could she make?

"We could try to get information from the soul, but maybe you could just extract it from the system itself? It may be more simplistic."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Hillside

"I wouldn't bet on it. If that was true, I would think that a rather distraught god would have tracked her down. I doubt that he would have followed the rules of godly politeness in that moment. I think she really is dead." Copi takes a deep breath. "I'm not going to tell myself anything else until there's evidence. I don't want to hurt myself."

Copi watches the clouds go by.

"You know... I kind of wonder if there's something we can do together to help both of us cope."
    A Hillside

"Godlings aren't allowed in The Land Between. It's a Law." The emphasis on the word seems to indicate it's the kind of law that isn't generally considered possible to break.

"I guess I know why she had me counting sand though. She'd know, and she'd know that I'd either react badly or learn an unpleasant truth." Mintbalm gives no suggestions as to what they could do to cope. She's coping as well as anyone, right? Sort of.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Hillside

"Yeah. I might ask Cos about it... maybe. But I'm not getting my hopes up. It sounds like pessimism, but... I can't even cope with her dying once. I don't want to not even cope with her dying, and then her being really most sincerely dead."

She takes a deep breath. "I've never felt so broken before. I knew I was broken, but now... it feels like I'm really broken. Truly most sincerely broken."

29. - Top - End - #1469

Essarin

Hildur decides to let actions serve as her answer, lowering her body and trying to kiss Thyrza.

Haunted Castle

"Fantastic. They vanished from the Soliton Radar," Shark says, starting to make her way to the throne room. "We have to find them the old fashioned way."

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

[Essarin]
    The alchemist caresses her lover's back and reaches for the curtain, kissing in return.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show