New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Spells!

I'd probably end up as a set of nunchuks. Or a greatsword for magic items. I'll probably end up making a few items for people, simply because I like making magic items. Not good at spells though.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lightlawbliss View Post
    Illyahr's fast talking talker
    School: Transmutation
    Level: Sor/wiz 4, Bard 3
    Casting time: swift
    Componants: V, S
    Range: personal
    Durration: 1 round

Just when you thought you knew the meaning of fast talking, you suddenly learn just how fast one can really talk.

Until your next turn, you are able to make a Diplomacy check in one round without suffering a penalty to your result for doing so.
    Slight spell level adjustment and allows use by bards but otherwise hilarious! They will all bow before me even if they are opposed to it because that's a penalty and you don't have one with this check!
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm still neither a spell nor a vestige, so I'm really not sure what kind of weapon (or weapon property) I would be.
    Last edited by Segev; 2015-02-17 at 11:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I'm still neither a spell nor a vestige, so I'm really not sure what kind of weapon (or weapon property) I would be.
    I don't really know you that well, but if you want to PM me some of your stuff or interests, I can whip you up a spell.

5. - Top - End - #215

I don't really know you that well, but if you want to PM me some of your stuff or interests, I can whip you up a spell.
    I appreciate the offer, but part of the exercise from my perspective is to see what impression, if any, I've made on the denizens here by what somebody comes up with a spell for me, for. Please do not feel obligated; while I acknowledge the somewhat passive-aggressive plea for attention in my last post, I am not asking people to go out of their way if they don't have any ideas. Just to call attention to myself in case there's somebody who has both inspiration and an impression of me.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I appreciate the offer, but part of the exercise from my perspective is to see what impression, if any, I've made on the denizens here by what somebody comes up with a spell for me, for. Please do not feel obligated; while I acknowledge the somewhat passive-aggressive plea for attention in my last post, I am not asking people to go out of their way if they don't have any ideas. Just to call attention to myself in case there's somebody who has both inspiration and an impression of me.
    I didn't assume passive aggressiveness, I just offered to be nice.

Its up to you in either case. Just shoot me a PM if you change your mind.

7. - Top - End - #217

I didn't assume passive aggressiveness, I just offered to be nice.

Its up to you in either case. Just shoot me a PM if you change your mind.
    No, no, I wasn't trying to accuse you of accusing me of--bah. I think I'm getting tangled up in social awkwardness here, so I'll stop.

Instead, I will thank you for your kind offer. I do appreciate it. And if I change my mind, I will take you up on it. ^_^

(I think part of the reason I don't want to do it is that, if I were going that route, I'd probably just write up my own spell. I'd feel like I was trying to color the kind of spell "I want" anyway by picking and choosing what to share about myself. And anything deeper would be waaaaaay too much like trying to psychoanalyze myself, which is silly to do for a for-fun exercise.)

And man, I'm over-analyzing this anyway! *cough*

Um, look! An obvious distraction!

*absconds*

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

I should become a more well known person in the playground. The problem is I suck at homebrewing, I'm meh at drawing, can't DM to save my life, and the only the thing I'm moderately good at is writing decently constructed sentences and using my extensive vocabulary.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Invocation of IZ42
    Evocation/Necromancy
    Level: Cle 3, Pal 2, Ran 2
    Components: V
    Casting Time: 1 swift action.
    Range: Personal
    Target: You.
    Duration: 1 round.

With a powerful kiai shout you invoke the wisdom of the master warrior IZ42. Channeling the spirit of the ancient warrior you move your body with an echo of his skill and grace. Until end of turn you gain Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Improved Trip, and the unarmed strike damage of a monk of your character level. In addition if you take a full attack action you gain 2 additional attacks with your unarmed strike at your highest attack bonus.

>.>
    All I really know about IZ42 is they like monks
    <.<
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-02-17 at 01:21 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Invocation of IZ42
    Evocation/Necromancy
    Level: Cle 3, Pal 2, Ran 2
    Components: V
    Casting Time: 1 swift action.
    Range: Personal
    Target: You.
    Duration: 1 round.

With a powerful kiai shout you invoke the wisdom of the master warrior IZ42. Channeling the spirit of the ancient warrior you move your body with an echo of his skill and grace. Until end of turn you gain Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Improved Trip, and the unarmed strike damage of a monk of your character level. In addition if you take a full attack action you gain 2 additional attacks with your unarmed strike at your highest attack bonus.

>.>
    All I really know about IZ42 is they like monks
    <.<
    Humph. Thanks! I do like monks. And brawlers. And beatsticks.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I'm not letting this thread die before someone spells me, though.
    Ask and ye shall recieve.

Jormengand's Master Curse
    Necromancy
    Level: Cleric 5, Sorc/Wiz 6
    Components: V,S
    Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
    Range: 20ft spread centered on the caster
    Target: Enemies within the spread
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving Throw: Will Negates
    Spell Resist:Yes

Created by the Master of Curses Jormengand to be the ultimate curse delivery spell.

You place a curse on the subjects. Choose two of the following three effects.

–6 decrease to an ability score (minimum 1).
    –4 penalty on attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks.
    Each turn, the target has a 50% chance to act normally; otherwise, it takes no action.

You may also invent your own curse, but it should be no more powerful than those described above.

The curse bestowed by this spell cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed with a break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell.

Bestow curse counters remove curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post

Necromancy

Created by the Master of Curses Jormengand to be the ultimate curse delivery spell.

Each turn, the target has a 50% chance to act normally; otherwise, it takes no action.

You may also invent your own curse, but it should be no more powerful than those described above.

The curse bestowed by this spell cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed with a break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell.

Woof, that spell is VICIOUS. I'd use it

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

13. - Top - End - #223

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post

Necromancy

Is using the same ability twice allowed? For example, could it apply -6 to str and -6 to con as the two effects?
    I reserve the right to be wrong and will use that right whenever it happens

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lightlawbliss View Post
    Is using the same ability twice allowed? For example, could it apply -6 to str and -6 to con as the two effects?
    The answer, as with Bestow Curse, which this spell is based on, is probably no, per the rules for the same spell affecting a creature twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Same Effect More than Once in Different Strengths
    In cases when two or more identical spells are operating in the same area or on the same target, but at different strengths, only the best one applies.

Same Effect with Differing Results
    The same spell can sometimes produce varying effects if applied to the same recipient more than once. Usually the last spell in the series trumps the others. None of the previous spells are actually removed or dispelled, but their effects become irrelevant while the final spell in the series lasts.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

15. - Top - End - #225

A spellcaster with the Scion of the Swarm feat, can summon “zerglings” using a summon monster III spell.

Spoiler: Zergling Build Process
    Show
    For each individual zergling, use the stats of a typical Serval (Sa 194) with 3 racial Hit Dice, along with the Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus [Dorsal Claws] feats. Then apply the Magebred template (ECS 295) to each individual zergling as you see fit, along with the following.

Type: The creature’s type changes to Aberration (augmented Animal, Zerg) without any statistical recalculation.
    Senses: In addition to its existing senses, the creature gains Darkvision out to 300 feet, Tremorsense out to 20 feet and Superior Low-Light Vision.
    hp: Zerglings gain Damage Reduction 1/- and Fast Healing 1.
    Resist: Same as base creature, plus resistance to acid 10, cold 15, desiccation 15, electricity 10 and fire 5.
    Immune: Same as base creature in addition to altitude fatigue, altitude sickness, disease, intelligence damage, intelligence drain, nausea, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and damage caused by high pressure or a lack thereof.
    Speed: Same as the base creature, plus a burrow speed of 10 feet and a swim speed of 20 feet.
    Melee: Remove all natural weapons from the base creature and add the following.

• 2 primary dorsal claw attacks each dealing 1d6 unmodified base damage.
    • 2 secondary foreclaw attacks each dealing 1d3 unmodified base damage.
    • A secondary bite attack dealing 1d4 unmodified base damage.

Special Attacks: Same as the base creature, except that each Rake attack now equates to an additional foreclaw attack. In addition, add the following.

• Reaving Strikes (Ex): The natural weapons of zerg overcome all forms of damage reduction based on a metallic material. When attacking an object or structure with a natural weapon, zerg may apply a -5 penalty to the attack roll before it is made. If the attack succeeds, the damage dealt to the target ignores its hardness.
    • Corrosive Saliva (Ex): Zerglings deal 1 additional point of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.

Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Int 3, Cha +4.
    Special Qualities: Same as the base creature plus the following.

• Amphibious (Ex): Zerg breathe both air and water equally well.
    • Hold Breath (Ex): A zerg can usually hold its breath for a number of hours equal to four times its Constitution score, after which it must make a Constitution check each hour (DC 10 + 1 per previous success) to avoid suffocation.
    • Pack Attack (Ex): Two allied zerg of Small size with this ability, can occupy the same 5-foot square at no penalty, even during combat.
    • Wakefulness (Ex): Zerg do not sleep.
    • Zerg Biology (Ex): All zerg gain Blind-Fight, Diehard, Endurance, Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Run, Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158) and Tireless (PGtF 46) as racial bonus feats.
    • Zerg Metabolism (Ex): A zerg can usually go without food for a number of days equal to its Constitution score + 3, after which it must make Constitution checks as normal to avoid starvation. A zerg can usually go without water for 2 days plus a number of hours equal to eight times its constitution score, after which it must make Constitution checks as normal to avoid dehydration.

Feats: Same as the base creature, plus Clever Wrestling (Sto 92), Close-Quarters Fighting (CW 97), Combat Reflexes, Mobility, Power Attack, Track, Tunnel Fighting (RS 145) and Tunnelrunner (Und 27) as racial bonus feats.
    Skills: Same as the base creature, plus a +4 racial bonus to Balance, Climb and Escape Artist checks and a +8 racial bonus to Listen, Spot and Swim checks. The creature can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Spoiler: Zergling Stat Block
    Show
    ZERGLING CR 3
    Usually N Small Aberration (augmented Animal, Zerg)
    Init +4 (+4 Dex); Senses Darkvision 300 ft., Tremorsense 20 ft., Superior Low-Light Vision, Scent; Listen +9, Spot +9

AC 18, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+1 Size, +4 Dex, +3 natural)
    hp 19 (3d8+6); Fast Healing 1; DR 1/-
    Immune altitude fatigue, altitude sickness, disease, intelligence damage, intelligence drain, nausea, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, damage caused by high pressure or a lack thereof
    Resist acid 10, cold 15, desiccation 15, electricity 10, fire 5
    Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +3

Speed 40 ft., swim 20 ft., burrow 10 ft.; Run
    Melee 2 dorsal claws +8 (1d6+2) and 2 foreclaws +2 (1d3+1) and bite +2 (1d4+1 plus 1 acid)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (Long)
    Base Atk +2; Grp +0
    Atk Options improved grab, pounce, Power Attack, rake, reaving strikes, Weapon Finesse
    Special Actions Track

Abilities Str 14, Dex 19, Con 15, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 11
    SA corrosive saliva, improved grab, pounce, rake, reaving strikes
    SQ amphibious, hold breath, pack attack, wakefulness, zerg aptitude, zerg biology, zerg breeding, zerg metabolism, zerg talent
    Feats Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus [Dorsal Claws]
    Racial Feats Blind-Fight, Clever Wrestling (Sto 92), Diehard, Endurance, Close-Quarters Fighting (CW 97), Combat Reflexes, Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Mobility, Power Attack, Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Run, Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158), Tireless (PGtF 46), Track, Tunnel Fighting (RS 145), Tunnelrunner (Und 27)
    Skills Balance +13*, Climb +6, Escape Artist +8, Hide +12**, Jump +12, Listen +9, Move Silently +8, Spot +9, Swim +10, Tumble +5

Improved Grab (Ex) To use this ability, a zergling must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.
    Pounce (Ex) If a zergling charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.
    Rake (Ex) Attack bonus +2 melee, damage 1d3+1.
    Reaving Strikes (Ex) The natural weapons of zerg overcome all forms of damage reduction based on a metallic material. When attacking an object or structure with a natural weapon, zerg may apply a -5 penalty to the attack roll before it is made. If the attack succeeds, the damage dealt to the target ignores its hardness.
    Corrosive Saliva (Ex) Zerglings deal 1 additional point of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.
    Amphibious (Ex) Zerg breathe both air and water equally well.
    Hold Breath (Ex) A zerg can usually hold its breath for a number of hours equal to four times its Constitution score, after which it must make a Constitution check each hour (DC 10 + 1 per previous success) to avoid suffocation.
    Pack Attack (Ex) Two allied zerg of Small size with this ability, can occupy the same 5-foot square at no penalty, even during combat.
    Wakefulness (Ex) Zerg do not sleep.
    Zerg Aptitude (Ex) One of a zerg’s physical ability scores increases by 2.
    Zerg Biology (Ex) All zerg gain Blind-Fight, Diehard, Endurance, Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Run, Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158) and Tireless (PGtF 46) as racial bonus feats.
    Zerg Breeding (Ex) Each zerg gains one of the following additional special qualities:
    Swift Breed: One of the creature’s modes of movement increases its speed by 10 feet.
    Thick-Skinned Breed: The creature’s natural armor bonus to AC improves by an additional 2.
    Tracking Breed: The creature gains a +4 bonus on Survival checks made to follow tracks.
    Zerg Metabolism (Ex) A zerg can usually go without food for a number of days equal to its Constitution score + 3, after which it must make Constitution checks as normal to avoid starvation. A zerg can usually go without water for 2 days plus a number of hours equal to eight times its constitution score, after which it must make Constitution checks as normal to avoid dehydration.
    Zerg Talent (Ex) Each zerg gains one of the following feats as a racial bonus feat: Alertness, Athletic, Improved Natural Attack (MM 304) or Multiattack.
    Skills Zerglings have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide and Move Silently checks and a +8 racial bonus on Jump, Listen, Spot and Swim checks. They use their Dexterity modifier instead of their Strength modifier for Jump checks. *A zergling with 5 ranks in Balance does not lose its Dex bonus (if any) to AC while balancing. **In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the racial Hide bonus increases to +8. A zergling can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2015-03-24 at 07:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226

A spellcaster with the Scion of the Swarm feat, can summon “hydralisks” using a summon monster V spell.

Spoiler: Hydralisk Build Process
    Show
    For each individual hydralisk, use the stats of a typical Protoceratops (Sa 147) with 6 racial Hit Dice, along with the Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes and Weapon Focus [Spine Jets] feats. Then apply the Magebred template (ECS 295) to each individual hydralisk as you see fit, along with the following.

Type: The creature’s type changes to Aberration (augmented Animal, Zerg) without any statistical recalculation.
    Senses: In addition to its existing senses, the creature gains Darkvision out to 300 feet, Tremorsense out to 20 feet and Superior Low-Light Vision.
    hp: Hydralisks gain Damage Reduction 1/- and Fast Healing 1.
    Resist: Same as base creature, plus resistance to acid 10, cold 15, desiccation 15, electricity 10 and fire 5.
    Immune: Same as base creature in addition to altitude fatigue, altitude sickness, disease, intelligence damage, intelligence drain, nausea, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and damage caused by high pressure or a lack thereof.
    Speed: The base creature’s land speed is reduced by 10 feet. The creature also gains a burrow speed of 10 feet and a swim speed of 20 feet.
    Melee/Ranged: Remove all natural weapons from the base creature and add the following.

• 2 primary spine jet attacks each dealing 1d6 unmodified base damage (x3 crit).
    • 2 secondary claw attacks each dealing 1d6 unmodified base damage.
    • A secondary bite attack dealing 1d6 unmodified base damage.

Special Attacks: Remove all special attacks from the base creature. Add the following.

• Spine Jets (Ex): Hydralisks grow a series of spines found behind flaps found on either side of the carapace that extends from its head, where they remain part of the hydralisk itself. A hydralisk can forcibly expel them without provoking attacks of opportunity. Both of its spine jet attacks are considered primary natural weapons and not manufactured weapons, despite having a projectile weapon’s unmodified range increment of 150 feet. Spine jet attacks made underwater have an unmodified range increment of 30 feet with no additional penalties for range. A successful spine jet attack deals piercing damage. A hydralisk applies its Strength modifier to this damage as if using a sling.
    • Spines (Ex): When expelled, spines are always considered ammunition for the purpose of durability, and as bullets when wind speeds and water currents become a factor. Spells and abilities that affect one or more spine jet attacks, affect the spines they shoot accordingly. When used as improvised weapons, spines are considered darts.
    • Reaving Strikes (Ex): The natural weapons of zerg overcome all forms of damage reduction based on a metallic material. When attacking an object or structure with a natural weapon, zerg may apply a -5 penalty to the attack roll before it is made. If the attack succeeds, the damage dealt to the target ignores its hardness.
    • Corrosive Saliva (Ex): Hydralisks deal 1d2 additional points of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.

Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Dex -4, Int 3, Wis +6, Cha +6.

• Hold Breath (Ex): A zerg can usually hold its breath for a number of hours equal to four times its Constitution score, after which it must make a Constitution check each hour (DC 10 + 1 per previous success) to avoid suffocation.
    • Zerg Biology (Ex): All zerg gain Blind-Fight, Diehard, Endurance, Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Run, Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158) and Tireless (PGtF 46) as racial bonus feats.
    • Zerg Metabolism (Ex): A zerg can usually go without food for a number of days equal to its Constitution score + 3, after which it must make Constitution checks as normal to avoid starvation. A zerg can usually go without water for 2 days plus a number of hours equal to eight times its constitution score, after which it must make Constitution checks as normal to avoid dehydration.

Feats: Same as the base creature, plus Aquatic Shot (Sto 90), Clever Wrestling (Sto 92), Coordinated Shot (HB 96), Far Shot, Improved Toughness (CW 205), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Sharp-Shooting (CW 105), Track and Zen Archery (CW 106) as racial bonus feats.
    Skills: Same as base creature, plus a +4 racial bonus to Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide and Move Silently checks and a +8 racial bonus to Listen, Spot and Swim checks. The creature can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Spoiler: Hydralisk Stat Block
    Show
    HYDRALISK CR 6
    Usually N Medium Aberration (augmented Animal, Zerg)
    Init +3 (-1 Dex, +4 feat); Senses Darkvision 300 ft., Tremorsense 20 ft., Superior Low-Light Vision, Scent; Listen +12, Spot +12

AC 19, touch 9, flat-footed 19 (-1 Dex, +10 natural)
    hp 63 (6d8+30+6); Fast Healing 1; DR 1/-
    Immune altitude fatigue, altitude sickness, disease, intelligence damage, intelligence drain, nausea, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, damage caused by high pressure or a lack thereof
    Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +7

Speed 20 ft., swim 20 ft., burrow 10 ft.; Run
    Melee 2 claws +3 (1d6+2) and bite +3 (1d6+2 plus 1d2 acid)
    Ranged 2 spine jets +9 (1d6+4/x3)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (Long)
    Base Atk +4; Grp +8
    Atk Options reaving strikes, Zen Archery
    Special Actions Track

Abilities Str 18, Dex 9, Con 21, Int 3, Wis 18, Cha 12
    SA corrosive saliva, reaving strikes, spines
    SQ amphibious, hold breath, wakefulness, zerg aptitude, zerg biology, zerg breeding, zerg metabolism, zerg talent
    Feats Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Focus [Spine Jets]
    Racial Feats Aquatic Shot (Sto 90), Blind-Fight, Clever Wrestling (Sto 92), Coordinated Shot (HB 96), Diehard, Endurance, Far Shot, Improved Toughness (CW 205), Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Run, Sharp-Shooting (CW 105), Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158), Tireless (PGtF 46), Track, Zen Archery (CW 106)
    Skills Balance +8*, Climb +8, Escape Artist +3, Hide +5, Listen +12, Move Silently +5, Spot +12, Survival +8, Swim +12

Spine Jets (Ex) Hydralisks grow a series of spines found behind flaps found on either side of the carapace that extends from its head, where they remain part of the hydralisk itself. A hydralisk can forcibly expel them without provoking attacks of opportunity. Both of its spine jet attacks are considered primary natural weapons and not manufactured weapons, despite having a projectile weapon’s unmodified range increment of 150 feet. Spine jet attacks made underwater have an unmodified range increment of 30 feet with no additional penalties for range. A successful spine jet attack deals piercing damage. A hydralisk applies its Strength modifier to this damage as if using a sling.
    Spines (Ex) When expelled, spines are always considered ammunition for the purpose of durability, and as bullets when wind speeds and water currents become a factor. Spells and abilities that affect one or more spine jet attacks, affect the spines they shoot accordingly. When used as improvised weapons, spines are considered darts.
    Reaving Strikes (Ex) The natural weapons of zerg overcome all forms of damage reduction based on a metallic material. When attacking an object or structure with a natural weapon, zerg may apply a -5 penalty to the attack roll before it is made. If the attack succeeds, the damage dealt to the target ignores its hardness.
    Corrosive Saliva (Ex) Hydralisks deal 1d2 additional points of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.
    Hold Breath (Ex) A zerg can usually hold its breath for a number of hours equal to four times its Constitution score, after which it must make a Constitution check each hour (DC 10 + 1 per previous success) to avoid suffocation.
    Zerg Biology (Ex) All zerg gain Blind-Fight, Diehard, Endurance, Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Run, Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158) and Tireless (PGtF 46) as racial bonus feats.
    Zerg Breeding (Ex) Each zerg gains one of the following additional special qualities:
    Swift Breed: One of the creature’s modes of movement increases its speed by 10 feet.
    Thick-Skinned Breed: The creature’s natural armor bonus to AC improves by an additional 2.
    Tracking Breed: The creature gains a +4 bonus on Survival checks made to follow tracks.
    Zerg Metabolism (Ex) A zerg can usually go without food for a number of days equal to its Constitution score + 3, after which it must make Constitution checks as normal to avoid starvation. A zerg can usually go without water for 2 days plus a number of hours equal to eight times its constitution score, after which it must make Constitution checks as normal to avoid dehydration.
    Zerg Talent (Ex) Each zerg gains one of the following feats as a racial bonus feat: Alertness, Athletic, Improved Natural Attack (MM 304) or Multiattack.
    Skills Hydralisks have a +4 racial bonus to Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently and Survival checks and a +8 racial bonus to Listen, Spot and Swim checks. *A hydralisk with 5 ranks in Balance does not lose its Dex bonus (if any) to AC while balancing. A hydralisk can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2015-03-26 at 12:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not familiar with the source material, but wouldn't the Kruthik (MH) be a close enough fit?

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228

Yeah, I looked at both the hatchling and adult kruthiks, but then I'd probably be having to use more magical beasts as a base... which means I would miss offering the customization of the magebred template if I wanted to keep its application somewhat legal as written. Plus the kruthiks have a typical LE alignment, and enough intelligence to have a linguistic dialect of their own. I typically wanted zerg alterations to build creatures up from their base and wanted to keep the alignment of the "lower" zerg "minion" breeds as neutral without having to change it.

But yes, the hatchling and adult kruthiks have some uncanny similarities with the zerglings and hydralisks and could probably be used with slightly fewer alterations. In the beginning I had started with them, but ultimately leaned toward trying to modify more animals.

Right now I'm looking at making mutalisks (large) for use in summon monster VII and ultralisks (huge) at summon monster IX.
    I've also been dabbling with overlords (colossal) as a longer duration utility summon.
    Most of the other zerg strains changed between Starcraft and Starcraft II.
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2015-02-21 at 08:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground

If someone would make a spell of me, I'd find it really cool, I'd use it in games even. o.o

20. - Top - End - #230

A spellcaster with the Scion of the Swarm feat, can summon “mutalisks” using a summon monster VII spell.

Spoiler: Mutalisk Build Process
    Show
    For each individual mutalisk, use the stats of a typical Dire Hawk (RW 189) with 9 racial Hit Dice (size increase and +1 Constitution), along with the Flyby Attack (MM 303), Improved Flight (CW 151), Improved Toughness (CW 205) and Weapon Focus [Wurm Launcher] feats. Then apply the Magebred template (ECS 295) to each individual mutalisk as you see fit, along with the following.

Senses: In addition to its existing senses, the creature gains Darkvision out to 300 feet, Blindsight out to 60 feet and Superior Low-Light Vision.
    hp: Mutalisks gain Damage Reduction 1/- and Fast Healing 1.
    Speed: Same as the base creature, plus a swim speed of 20 feet.
    Melee/Ranged: Remove all natural weapons from the base creature and add the following.

• A primary wurm launcher attack dealing 1d8 unmodified base damage.
    • A secondary gore attack dealing 1d8 unmodified base damage.
    • A secondary bite attack dealing 1d8 unmodified base damage.

Special Attacks: Remove all special attacks from the base creature and add the following.

• Wurm Launcher (Ex): Glaive wurms are parasites that live and spawn inside a mutalisk, where they remain part of the mutalisk itself. A mutalisk can forcefully expel them from the ovipositor at the rear end of its long segmented body, without provoking attacks of opportunity. Its wurm launcher attack is considered a primary natural weapon and not a manufactured weapon, despite having a projectile weapon’s unmodified range increment of 100 feet. A wurm launcher attack made underwater has an unmodified range increment of 20 feet with no additional penalties for range. A wurm launcher attack that hits a target with a normal ranged attack roll, deals bludgeoning damage. A mutalisk applies its strength modifier to this damage as if using a sling.
    • Glaive Wurms (Ex): When expelled, glaive wurms are always considered ammunition for the purpose of durability, and as bullets when wind speeds and water currents become a factor. Spells and abilities that affect a wurm launcher attack, affect the glaive wurms it shoots accordingly.
    • Wurm Blast (Ex): An expelled glaive wurm explodes when destroyed, dealing an amount of slashing damage in its current square and all adjacent squares, equal to the base damage of the wurm launcher it came from. Creatures in the area can attempt a Reflex save for half damage (DC is Constitution-based). A glaive wurm that hits its target with a normal attack roll is always destroyed, offering that target no saving throw when it explodes. Each time a glaive wurm ricochets off a creature, object or surface, it has a 50% chance of doing the same thing. Glaive wurms that survive their expulsion for 1 round, decay into sludge without incident.
    • Corrosive Saliva (Ex): Mutalisks deal 1d3 additional points of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.

Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Int 3.

• Gas Bladders (Ex): Mutalisks possess the reach and carrying capacity of a quadruped, and can maintain their atmospheric and aquatic buoyancy with internal gas bladders, improving their flight maneuverability to good. In the vacuum of space, a mutalisk may expel small jets of gas to move at its listed fly speed with perfect maneuverability.

Feats: Same as the base creature, plus Aquatic Shot (Sto 90), Combat Reflexes, Coordinated Shot (HB 96), Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot and Sharp-Shooting (CW 105) as racial bonus feats.
    Skills: Remove all racial skill bonuses from base creature and add a +4 racial bonus to Escape Artist and Hide checks and a +8 racial bonus to Listen, Spot and Swim checks. The creature can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when flying or swimming, provided it does so in a straight line.

Spoiler: Mutalisk Stat Block
    Show
    MUTALISK CR 9
    Usually N Large Aberration (augmented Animal, Zerg)
    Init +6 (+6 Dex); Senses Darkvision 300 ft., Blindsight 60 ft., Superior Low-Light Vision; Listen +14, Spot +14

AC 22, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (-1 Size, +6 Dex, +7 natural)
    hp 103 (9d8+54+9); Fast Healing 1; DR 1/-
    Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +9

Speed 10 ft., swim 20 ft., fly 80 ft. (perfect); Run, Flyby Attack (MM 303)
    Melee gore +6 (1d8+3) and bite +6 (1d8+3 plus 1d3 acid)
    Ranged wurm launcher +12 (1d8+6 plus wurm blast)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (Long)
    Base Atk +6; Grp +16
    Atk Options Rapid Shot, reaving strikes

Abilities Str 22, Dex 22, Con 22, Int 3, Wis 15, Cha 11
    SA corrosive saliva, glaive wurms, reaving strikes, wurm blast
    SQ amphibious, gas bladders, hold breath, wakefulness, zerg aptitude, zerg biology, zerg breeding, zerg metabolism, zerg talent
    Feats Flyby Attack (MM 303), Improved Flight (CW 151), Improved Toughness (CW 205), Weapon Focus [Wurm Launcher]
    Racial Feats Aquatic Shot (Sto 90), Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Coordinated Shot (HB 96), Diehard, Endurance, Far Shot, Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Rapid Shot, Run, Sharp-Shooting (CW 105), Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158), Tireless (PGtF 46)
    Skills Escape Artist +10, Hide +9, Listen +14, Spot +14, Swim +14, Tumble +7

Wurm Launcher (Ex) Glaive wurms are parasites that live and spawn inside a mutalisk, where they remain part of the mutalisk itself. A mutalisk can forcefully expel them from the ovipositor at the rear end of its long segmented body, without provoking attacks of opportunity. Its wurm launcher attack is considered a primary natural weapon and not a manufactured weapon, despite having a projectile weapon’s unmodified range increment of 100 feet. A wurm launcher attack made underwater has an unmodified range increment of 20 feet with no additional penalties for range. A wurm launcher attack that hits a target with a normal ranged attack roll, deals bludgeoning damage. A mutalisk applies its strength modifier to this damage as if using a sling.
    Glaive Wurms (Ex) When expelled, glaive wurms are always considered ammunition for the purpose of durability, and as bullets when wind speeds and water currents become a factor. Spells and abilities that affect a wurm launcher attack, affect the glaive wurms it shoots accordingly.
    Wurm Blast (Ex) An expelled glaive wurm explodes when destroyed, dealing an amount of slashing damage in its current square and all adjacent squares, equal to the base damage of the wurm launcher it came from. Creatures in the area can attempt a Reflex save for half damage (DC is Constitution-based). A glaive wurm that hits its target with a normal attack roll is always destroyed, offering that target no saving throw when it explodes. Each time a glaive wurm ricochets off a creature, object or surface, it has a 50% chance of doing the same thing. Glaive wurms that survive their expulsion for 1 round, decay into sludge without incident.
    Corrosive Saliva (Ex) Mutalisks deal 1d3 additional points of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.
    Gas Bladders (Ex) Mutalisks possess the reach and carrying capacity of a quadruped, and can maintain their atmospheric and aquatic buoyancy with internal gas bladders, improving their flight maneuverability to good. In the vacuum of space, a mutalisk may expel small jets of gas to move at its listed fly speed with perfect maneuverability.
    Skills Mutalisks gain a +4 racial bonus to Escape Artist and Hide checks and a +8 racial bonus to Listen, Spot and Swim checks. A mutalisk can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when flying or swimming, provided it does so in a straight line.
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2015-03-26 at 01:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

A spellcaster with the Scion of the Swarm feat, can summon “ultralisks” using a summon monster IX spell.

Spoiler: Ultralisk Build Process
    Show
    For each individual ultralisk, use the stats of a typical Dire Rhinoceros (FF 61) with 18 racial Hit Dice, along with the Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Shock Trooper (CW 112) and Power Attack feats. Then apply the Magebred template (ECS 295) to each individual ultralisk as you see fit, along with the following.

hp: Ultralisks gain Damage Reduction 3/- and Fast Healing 1.
    Speed: Same as the base creature, plus a burrow speed of 5 feet and a swim speed of 20 feet.
    Melee: Remove all natural weapons from the base creature and add the following.

• 2 primary kaiser blade attacks each dealing 4d6 unmodified base damage.
    • A secondary bite attack dealing 2d6 unmodified base damage.

Special Attacks: Remove all special attacks from the base creature. Add the following.

• Kaiser Blades (Ex): Both arms of an ultralisk, bear a broad curved blade that it can swing into and through its enemies. A successful kaiser blade attack may deal piercing or slashing damage.
    • Dual Strike (Ex): An ultralisk may attack the same target once with each kaiser blade as a standard action or at the end of a charge.
    • Trample (Ex): An ultralisk’s trample attack deals an amount of damage equal to 2d12 plus 1 ½ times its Strength modifier. A successful Reflex save halves this damage. The save DC is Strength-based.
    • Augmented Critical (Ex): Each kaiser blade attack an ultralisk makes, threatens a critical hit on a natural roll of 17-20 (owing to its Improved Critical feat), dealing triple damage on a successful critical hit.
    • Corrosive Saliva (Ex): Ultralisks deal 1d4 additional points of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.

Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Int 3.

Feats: Same as the base creature, plus Improved Critical [Kaiser Blades], Improved Toughness (CW 205) and Track as racial bonus feats.
    Skills: Same as base creature, plus a +4 racial bonus to Balance, Climb, Escape Artist and Hide checks, a +12 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus to Swim checks. The creature can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Spoiler: Ultralisk Stat Block
    Show
    ULTRALISK CR 13
    Usually N Huge Aberration (augmented Animal, Zerg)
    Init +6 (+2 Dex, +4 feat); Senses Darkvision 300 ft., Tremorsense 20 ft., Superior Low-Light Vision, Scent; Listen +18, Spot +18

AC 24, touch 10, flat-footed 22 (-2 Size, +2 Dex, +14 natural)
    hp 279 (18d8+180+18); Fast Healing 1; DR 3/-
    Fort +21, Ref +13, Will +16

Speed 30 ft., swim 20 ft., burrow 5 ft.; Run
    Melee 2 kaiser blades +22 (4d6+11/17-20 x3) and bite +17 (2d6+5 plus 1d4 acid)
    Space 15 ft.; Reach 10 ft. (Long)
    Base Atk +13; Grp +32
    Atk Options dual strike, Power Attack, Shock Trooper (CW 112), reaving strikes, trample
    Special Actions Track

Abilities Str 32, Dex 15, Con 31, Int 3, Wis 13, Cha 10
    SA augmented critical, corrosive saliva, dual strike, reaving strikes, trample
    SQ amphibious, hold breath, wakefulness, zerg aptitude, zerg biology, zerg breeding, zerg metabolism, zerg talent
    Feats Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Shock Trooper (CW 112), Power Attack
    Racial Feats Blind-Fight, Diehard, Endurance, Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Improved Critical [Kaiser Blades], Improved Toughness (CW 205), Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Run, Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158), Tireless (PGtF 46), Track
    Skills Balance +11*, Climb +15, Escape Artist +6, Hide +3, Listen +18, Move Silently +3, Spot +18, Swim +19

Kaiser Blades (Ex) Both arms of an ultralisk, bear a broad curved blade that it can swing into and through its enemies. A successful kaiser blade attack may deal piercing or slashing damage.
    Dual Strike (Ex) An ultralisk may attack the same target once with each kaiser blade as a standard action or at the end of a charge.
    Trample (Ex) An ultralisk’s trample attack deals an amount of damage equal to 2d12 plus 1 ½ times its Strength modifier. A successful Reflex save halves this damage. The save DC is Strength-based.
    Augmented Critical (Ex) Each kaiser blade attack an ultralisk makes, threatens a critical hit on a natural roll of 17-20 (owing to its Improved Critical feat), dealing triple damage on a successful critical hit.
    Corrosive Saliva (Ex) Ultralisks deal 1d4 additional points of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.
    Skills Ultralisks gain a +4 racial bonus to Balance, Climb, Escape Artist and Hide checks, a +12 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus to Swim checks. *An ultralisk with 5 ranks in Balance does not lose its Dex bonus (if any) to AC while balancing. An ultralisk can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2015-03-26 at 12:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232

A spellcaster with the Scion of the Swarm feat, can use the gate spell to call creatures of the Zerg subtype, including this "modified version" of a zerg overlord.

Zerg overlords that travel through the vacuum of space, use adapt body to reduce any environmental damage that might otherwise overcome their resistances, and use psionic overland flight to orient and propel themselves. For an extended journey through space without assistance, a zerg overlord uses know direction and location to navigate and suspend life to reduce its biological needs after building up the vast amount of momentum it requires to reach its destination. Accounting for periodic course corrections and minimal disruptions, a typical overlord can spend over eleven years drifting through space in a near-suspended state, without making a planetary pit stop.

Spoiler: Zerg Overlord Build Process
    Show
    A zerg overlord uses the stats of a typical Starwhale (AE 89) with 36 racial Hit Dice (+1 Constitution), along with Improved Toughness (CW 205), Master of Knowledge (HH 123), Mind Mask (SoS 117), Open Minded (taken seven times, XPH 48), Psionic Mastery (CP 59), Psionic Meditation (XPH 50) and Quick Reconnoiter (CAd 112) feats. A zerg overlord also includes the following changes:

Type: The creature’s type changes to Aberration (augmented Magical Beast, Psionic, Zerg) without any statistical recalculation.
    Senses: In addition to its existing senses, the creature gains Darkvision out to 10 miles per racial Hit Die, Blindsight out to 120 feet, Superior Low-Light Vision and Superior Farsight (see below).
    Languages: Even though they can’t speak verbally, zerg overlords know Common and possess Telepathy out to 10 feet per racial Hit Die.
    hp: Zerg overlords gain Damage Reduction 1/- and Fast Healing 1.
    Immune: Same as base creature in addition to altitude fatigue, altitude sickness, disease, mental ability damage, mental ability drain, nausea, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and damage caused by high pressure or a lack thereof.
    Weaknesses: Same as the base creature, then add Docile (see below).
    Speed: Same as the base creature, plus a swim speed of 20 feet.
    Space/Reach: 30 ft./20 ft.
    Melee: Remove all natural weapons from the base creature and add the following. A zerg overlord has no primary natural weapons.

• 2 secondary slam attacks each dealing 1d6 unmodified base damage.
    • 8 secondary dropkick attacks dealing 1d2 unmodified base damage.
    • A secondary bite attack dealing 1d4 unmodified base damage.

Special Attacks/Actions: Remove all special attacks from the base creature. Add the following.

• Drop Zone (Ex): A zerg overlord’s 8 legs have a reach of 5 feet per racial Hit Die. However, its legs can only reach locations that lie directly “under” its space. In conditions of zero gravity, an overlord using psionic overland flight can orient itself so that its legs can extend in any direction.
    • Dropkicks (Ex): A zerg overlord can use each of its legs to make a dropkick attack against any target that lies within its “Drop Zone”. Dropkick attacks deal bludgeoning damage and have a critical modifier of x2.
    • Drop Sacs (Ex): Even when flat-footed, a zerg overlord may release any number of ventral sacs currently attached to it as a free or immediate action. Once released, a ventral sac becomes an object attended by its occupant, but starts to automatically lose 1 hit point per round until it is destroyed. A zerg overlord automatically releases all of its ventral sacs when it dies or when it would normally lose this extraordinary ability. When underwater, released ventral sacs float to the surface at a rate of 60 feet per round.
    • Ethereal Wake (Su): A zerg overlord emanates a psionic ghost trap (SpC 103) effect, with an effective manifester level equal to its Hit Dice. It may suspend or resume this effect as a free or immediate action.
    • Mend Sacs (Su): As a swift action, a zerg overlord may psionically repair any number of ventral sacs currently attached to it, back to full hit points and hardness.
    • Seize Assets (Ex): As full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, a zerg overlord may use all of its legs to automatically grab up to 8 willing creatures or unattended objects at least two sizes smaller than its own that lie within its “Drop Zone” and bring them to any other location that lies within the same area, provided their combined weight does not exceed the overlord’s light load. Creatures and objects moved due to this ability, provoke attacks of opportunity for that movement.
    • Ventral Sacs (Ex): During its turn as an unlimited free action, a zerg overlord may envelop an unattended object or a willing creature that is at least two sizes smaller than its own, in a ventral sac, provided that it is both adjacent and completely within the “underside” of its space. The ventral sac then becomes attached to the overlord and continues to occupy that space relative to the overlord until it is discarded or destroyed.
      Once created, a ventral sac is an opaque airtight rubbery object with an exterior hardness equal to the overlord’s natural armor bonus and hit points equal to its Hit Dice. Ventral sacs that remain attached to a zerg overlord, are considered attended objects in the overlord’s possession, and are supplied with an atmosphere ideal for other zerg strains. Creatures and objects inside a ventral sac gain immunity to environmental extremes and external sources of hit point damage in addition to total cover and total concealment, but are unable to leave their space. Any that wish to cut their way out of a ventral sac, must bring it to 0 hit points using light or natural weapons that deal piercing or slashing damage (AC 0). When an attack, force or effect destroys a ventral sac, the ventral sac absorbs it entirely just before dissolving and evaporating.
    • Corrosive Saliva (Ex): Zerg overlords deal 1 additional point of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.

Power Points/Day: Zerg overlords gain additional power points equal to their Hit Dice.
    Psi-Like Abilities: Zerg overlords may manifest their psi-like abilities with a manifester level equal to their Hit Dice. The save DCs are charisma-based. In addition, the range for each psi-like ability is doubled and those with the charm or compulsion descriptor only function when used on creatures with the zerg subtype and an Intelligence score lower than 10. (A constant psi-like ability has no use limit and an indefinite duration; unless otherwise stated, a creature can only use a constant psi-like ability on itself. Dismissing or reactivating a constant psi-like ability is a swift action.)

• Constant—adapt body, dispelling buffer, psionic overland flight, schism, psionic tongues, ubiquitous vision;
    • At will—correspond, know direction and location, mass missive, mindlink, psionic restoration, restore extremity, sense link, shatter mind blank, suspend life;
    • 5/day—psionic charm, psionic dominate, psychic beacon, implanted suggestion;

Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Int 13, Cha +12.

• Docile (Ex): Zerg overlords possess a low base attack bonus progression for their racial Hit Dice, and no primary natural weapons.
    • Gas Bladders (Ex): Zerg overlords possess the reach and carrying capacity of a quadruped, and can maintain their atmospheric and aquatic buoyancy with internal gas bladders. This allows them to fly and swim at their listed movement speeds, with a +4 racial bonus to Move Silently checks. In the vacuum of space, a zerg overlord may expel small jets of gas to move at its listed fly speed with perfect maneuverability.
    • Inside Access (Ex): A zerg overlord can see through any ventral sacs currently attached to it when using its ubiquitous vision psi-like ability. When using any of its magical or psionic abilities, a zerg overlord may automatically touch, target or include anything within those ventral sacs as if it had line of effect.
    • Planar Link (Su): Whenever a zerg overlord is teleported or leaves a plane by any means, everything inside the ventral sacs attached to it, travel to the same destination in the same configuration, except unwilling creatures and their possessions, which are left behind.
    • Service Provider (Su): While they remain inside ventral sacs attached to a zerg overlord, creatures gain the instinctive ability to manifest psionic restoration, restore extremity and suspend life as psi-like abilities usable at will, with an effective manifester level equal to that overlord’s Hit Dice.
    • Shared Adaptation (Su): The effect of a zerg overlord's adapt body psi-like ability, extends to all creatures inside any ventral sacs attached to it.
    • Superior Farsight (Ex): A zerg overlord suffers only one-tenth the normal penalty on Spot checks because of distance (-1 per 100 feet of distance, rather than -1 per 10 feet).
    • Swarm Marshal (Ex): When using its telepathy or psi-like abilities to communicate with other creatures of the zerg subtype, a zerg overlord is always understood regardless of language.

Feats: Same as the base creature, plus Track as a racial bonus feat.
    Skills: A zerg overlord gains all skills as class skills. A typical zerg overlord has the following skill ranks: Concentration 15 ranks, Hide 21 ranks, Knowledge (any 11) 1 rank, Listen 10 ranks, Move Silently 5 ranks, Psicraft 20 ranks, Search 10 ranks, Sense Motive 10 ranks, Spellcraft 20 ranks, Spot 10 ranks, Survival 15 ranks and Tumble 5 ranks. It also gains a +4 racial bonus to Escape Artist, Hide and Sense Motive checks, a +12 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks, and a +8 racial bonus to Swim checks. The creature can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when flying or swimming, provided it does so in a straight line.

Spoiler: Zerg Overlord Stat Block
    Show
    ZERG OVERLORD CR 14
    Usually N Colossal Aberration (augmented Magical Beast, Zerg)
    Init +0 (+0 Dex); Senses Darkvision 360 miles (10 per racial Hit Die), Blindsight 120 ft., Superior Low-Light Vision, Superior Farsight; Listen +24, Spot +24; Quick Reconnoiter
    Languages understands Common; cannot speak; Telepathy 360 ft. (10 per racial Hit Die); swarm marshal

AC 14, touch 2, flat-footed 14 (-8 Size, +12 natural)
    hp 594 (36d10+360+36); Fast Healing 1; DR 1/-
    Immune altitude fatigue, altitude sickness, disease, mental ability damage, mental ability drain, nausea, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, damage caused by high pressure or a lack thereof
    Weakness Docile
    Fort +30, Ref +20, Will +22

Speed fly 20 ft. (good), swim 20 ft.; Run
    Melee 2 slams +19 (1d6+7) and 8 dropkicks +19 (1d2+7) and bite +19 (1d4+7 plus 1 acid)
    Space 30 ft.; Reach 20 ft. (Long); drop zone
    Base Atk +18; Grp +48
    Atk Options dropkicks, reaving strikes
    Special Actions drop sacs, ethereal wake, mend sacs, seize assets, Track, ventral sacs
    Power Points/Day 36
    Psi-Like Abilities (ML 36th, Cha-based):
    Constant—adapt body, dispelling buffer, psionic overland flight, schism, psionic tongues, ubiquitous vision;
    At will—correspond, know direction and location, mass missive, mindlink, psionic restoration, restore extremity, sense link, shatter mind blank, suspend life;
    5/day—psionic charm, psionic dominate, psychic beacon, implanted suggestion;

Abilities Str 39, Dex 11, Con 30, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 18
    SA corrosive saliva, dropkicks, reaving strikes
    SQ amphibious, docile, drop zone, gas bladders, hold breath, inside access, planar link, service provider, shared adaptation, superior farsight, swarm marshal, wakefulness, zerg aptitude, zerg biology, zerg breeding, zerg metabolism, zerg talent
    Feats Improved Toughness (CW 205), Master of Knowledge (HH 123), Mind Mask (SoS 117), Open Minded (taken seven times, XPH 48), Psionic Mastery (CP 59), Psionic Meditation (XPH 50), Quick Reconnoiter (CAd 112)
    Racial Feats Blind-Fight, Diehard, Endurance, Mind Over Body (XPH 48), Rapid Metabolism (XPH 50), Run, Steadfast Determination (PH2 83), Swarm’s Embrace (Sh 158), Tireless (PGtF 46), Track
    Skills Concentration +25, Escape Artist +4, Hide +9, Knowledge (any 11) +3, Listen +24, Move Silently +9, Psicraft +21, Search +11, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +21, Spot +24, Survival +17, Swim +22, Tumble +5
    Synergy Diplomacy +2, Knowledge (nature) +3, Survival +2 (follow tracks)

Drop Zone (Ex) A zerg overlord’s 8 legs have a reach of 5 feet per racial Hit Die. However, its legs can only reach locations that lie directly “under” its space. In conditions of zero gravity, an overlord using psionic overland flight can orient itself so that its legs can extend in any direction.
    Dropkicks (Ex) A zerg overlord can use each of its legs to make a dropkick attack against any target that lies within its “Drop Zone”. Dropkick attacks deal bludgeoning damage and have a critical modifier of x2.
    Drop Sacs (Ex) Even when flat-footed, a zerg overlord may release any number of ventral sacs currently attached to it as a free or immediate action. Once released, a ventral sac becomes an object attended by its occupant, but starts to automatically lose 1 hit point per round until it is destroyed. A zerg overlord automatically releases all of its ventral sacs when it dies or when it would normally lose this extraordinary ability. When underwater, released ventral sacs float to the surface at a rate of 60 feet per round.
    Ethereal Wake (Su) A zerg overlord emanates a psionic ghost trap (SpC 103) effect, with an effective manifester level equal to its Hit Dice. It may suspend or resume this effect as a free or immediate action.
    Mend Sacs (Su) As a swift action, a zerg overlord may psionically repair any number of ventral sacs currently attached to it, back to full hit points and hardness.
    Seize Assets (Ex) As full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, a zerg overlord may use all of its legs to automatically grab up to 8 willing creatures or unattended objects at least two sizes smaller than its own that lie within its “Drop Zone” and bring them to any other location that lies within the same area, provided their combined weight does not exceed the overlord’s light load. Creatures and objects moved due to this ability, provoke attacks of opportunity for that movement.
    Ventral Sacs (Ex) During its turn as an unlimited free action, a zerg overlord may envelop an unattended object or a willing creature that is at least two sizes smaller than its own, in a ventral sac, provided that it is both adjacent and completely within the “underside” of its space. The ventral sac then becomes attached to the overlord and continues to occupy that space relative to the overlord until it is discarded or destroyed.
    Once created, a ventral sac is an opaque airtight rubbery object with an exterior hardness equal to the overlord’s natural armor bonus and hit points equal to its Hit Dice. Ventral sacs that remain attached to a zerg overlord, are considered attended objects in the overlord’s possession, and are supplied with an atmosphere ideal for other zerg strains. Creatures and objects inside a ventral sac gain immunity to environmental extremes and external sources of hit point damage in addition to total cover and total concealment, but are unable to leave their space. Any that wish to cut their way out of a ventral sac, must bring it to 0 hit points using light or natural weapons that deal piercing or slashing damage (AC 0). When an attack, force or effect destroys a ventral sac, the ventral sac absorbs it entirely just before dissolving and evaporating.
    Power Points/Day (Ex) Zerg overlords gain additional power points equal to their Hit Dice.
    Psi-Like Abilities (Sp) Zerg overlords may manifest their psi-like abilities with a manifester level equal to their Hit Dice. The save DCs are charisma-based. In addition, the range for each psi-like ability is doubled and those with the charm or compulsion descriptor only function when used on creatures with the zerg subtype and an Intelligence score lower than 10. (A constant psi-like ability has no use limit and an indefinite duration; unless otherwise stated, a creature can only use a constant psi-like ability on itself. Dismissing or reactivating a constant psi-like ability is a swift action.)
    Corrosive Saliva (Ex) Zerg overlords deal 1 additional point of acid damage when making a successful bite attack.
    Docile (Ex) Zerg overlords possess a low base attack bonus progression for their racial Hit Dice, and no primary natural weapons.
    Gas Bladders (Ex) Zerg overlords possess the reach and carrying capacity of a quadruped, and can maintain their atmospheric and aquatic buoyancy with internal gas bladders. This allows them to fly and swim at their listed movement speeds, with a +4 racial bonus to Move Silently checks. In the vacuum of space, a zerg overlord may expel small jets of gas to move at its listed fly speed with perfect maneuverability.
    Inside Access (Ex) A zerg overlord can see through any ventral sacs currently attached to it when using its ubiquitous vision psi-like ability. When using any of its magical or psionic abilities, a zerg overlord may automatically touch, target or include anything within those ventral sacs as if it had line of effect.
    Planar Link (Su) Whenever a zerg overlord is teleported or leaves a plane by any means, everything inside the ventral sacs attached to it, travel to the same destination in the same configuration, except unwilling creatures and their possessions, which are left behind.
    Service Provider (Su) While they remain inside ventral sacs attached to a zerg overlord, creatures gain the instinctive ability to manifest psionic restoration, restore extremity and suspend life as psi-like abilities usable at will, with an effective manifester level equal to that overlord’s Hit Dice.
    Shared Adaptation (Su) The effect of a zerg overlord's adapt body psi-like ability, extends to all creatures inside any ventral sacs attached to it.
    Superior Farsight (Ex) A zerg overlord suffers only one-tenth the normal penalty on Spot checks because of distance (-1 per 100 feet of distance, rather than -1 per 10 feet).
    Swarm Marshal (Ex) When using its telepathy or psi-like abilities to communicate with other creatures of the zerg subtype, a zerg overlord is always understood regardless of language.
    Skills A zerg overlord gains all skills as class skills. Zerg overlords gain a +4 racial bonus to Escape Artist, Hide and Sense Motive checks, a +12 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks, and a +8 racial bonus to Swim checks. A zerg overlord can take a 10 on any Swim check, even when distracted or threatened. It may use the run action when flying or swimming, provided it does so in a straight line.
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2015-04-08 at 01:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233

I have mostly lurked for the past... while, but this is too cute to ignore. DeAnno gives whatever permission is necessary. My sig has things that might be inspirational, and, well:

Common Themes:
    Sorcerers
    Direct Damage
    Elements (Elementals, Inner Planes, Energy and Force Damage)
    Paranoia
    Speed
    Accuracy
    Last edited by DeAnno; 2015-02-26 at 02:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234

BardGuy

All over that

DeAnno's Reflexive Shot
    Evocation [Force]
    Level: Bard 2, Sorc/Wiz 3
    Casting Time: 1 Immediate Action
    Range: Touch
    Target: Enemy attacking you
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: No

A surprise attack from behind makes your nerves jump. Before you even see who it is, you have launched a blast and sent your attacker flying.

When you are attacked while denied your Dexterity to AC (such as when you are Flat-Footed) or while you are flanked, you can send a blast of Force to knock your attacker backwards. This does not provoke an Attack of Opportunity. Target takes 1d4 damage/2 CL and you may initiate a free Bull Rush attempt with a bonus to the check equal to your caster level.

Good for squishy low-level casters so they can survive for a bit.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-02-26 at 05:42 PM.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    DeAnno's Reflexive Shot
    Interesting, and handy; the idea of the shock and fear letting you cast the spell at all is cool. You might want to specify if it can be cast while flat-footed though (you can't take actions by default while flat-footed, but the text of the spell seems to indicate it's useful for surprises).

26. - Top - End - #236
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kurald Galain's Ability Geekery
    Divination [Law]
    Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
    Components: S, M
    Casting Time: 1 full round action
    Range: Medium
    Target: One creature
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    Duration: Permanent, See Text
    Material: A book of 50 blank pages worth 1 gp

The book used as a material component is transformed into a magical compendium of information about the target. Initially, it is blank. Whenever the target uses an ability of any kind after the spell takes effect, that ability is automatically recorded in the book. If any of these abilities reveal information about the subject's race or class, these are also recorded.
    When all 50 pages are filled, the book becomes "locked". It's contents remain visible, but any new information is not recorded in the book. However, a second casting of this spell allows the record-keeping to continue into a second book. For subsequent castings used to extend the spell's effects in this manner, you do not need to be within range of the target, or even have line of effect.

Spoiler: Designer Notes
    Show
    Obviously, this is a riff on the Class and Level Geekery. It does not have a verbal component, since forum threads do not require verbal input. The book is limited to 50 pages, because forum threads are locked at that point. You only need to get close to someone once, though, and you can continue filling up books about them--no character is removed from the C&LG, even those long gone from the comic.

Also, I give permission to anyone who wants to make a spell for me.
    137ben
    Last edited by 137beth; 2015-02-26 at 05:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dunno if I warrant it, but I give my permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Nothing can be more persuasive than a man who just set his head on fire.

28. - Top - End - #238

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnno View Post
    Interesting, and handy; the idea of the shock and fear letting you cast the spell at all is cool. You might want to specify if it can be cast while flat-footed though (you can't take actions by default while flat-footed, but the text of the spell seems to indicate it's useful for surprises).
    Clarified, just to be safe.

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Kurald Galain's Ability Geekery
    Divination [Law]
    Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
    Components: S, M
    Casting Time: 1 full round action
    Range: Medium
    Target: One creature
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    Duration: Permanent, See Text
    Material: A book of 50 blank pages worth 1 gp

The book used as a material component is transformed into a magical compendium of information about the target. Initially, it is blank. Whenever the target uses an ability of any kind after the spell takes effect, that ability is automatically recorded in the book. If any of these abilities reveal information about the subject's race or class, these are also recorded.
    When all 50 pages are filled, the book becomes "locked". It's contents remain visible, but any new information is not recorded in the book. However, a second casting of this spell allows the record-keeping to continue into a second book. For subsequent castings used to extend the spell's effects in this manner, you do not need to be within range of the target, or even have line of effect.

Spoiler: Designer Notes
    Show
    Obviously, this is a riff on the Class and Level Geekery. It does not have a verbal component, since forum threads do not require verbal input. The book is limited to 50 pages, because forum threads are locked at that point. You only need to get close to someone once, though, and you can continue filling up books about them--no character is removed from the C&LG, even those long gone from the comic.

Also, I give permission to anyone who wants to make a spell for me.
    137ben
    Might want to make the book a focus, as material components are consumed upon casting thus you would have no book to fill.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fluke1993 View Post
    Dunno if I warrant it, but I give my permission.
    Fluke's Burning Head
    Evocation [Fire, Cursed]
    Level: Clr 4
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Components: V, S, DF
    Range: Touch
    Target: Creature touched
    Duration: Permanent until discharged
    Saving throw: Will negates (Appears harmless)
    Spell resistance: Yes (Appears harmless)

This spell appears to be the spell Imbue with spell ability, (though no spells are actually transferred, some appear to be) and cannot be detected for what it is until one of the granted spells is actually cast. At this point, the target's head is set ablaze, and they take 1d6 points of fire damage per level. They fail, of course, actually to cast the granted spell, and the others (if any) are lost. While the source of the damage is probably obvious, the target is not necessarily aware of it.