New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Artifacts

Hahaha! With the Door to Nothingness in my hand, no one will stand in my way to world domination! Hahaha!

What is an artifact? Artifacts are powerful magical items that can not be made by normal or mortal means. In general, these items are something you build a campaign around, especially the major ones. These would be your Excaliburs, your Elder Scrolls, or your One Ring.

Minor artifacts are less powerful than Major Artifacts, are not unique, and can be destroyed in a variety of ways. Major artifacts, on the other hand, are much more powerful, are unique, and can usually only be destroyed in a specific manner, like casting it into the flames from whence it came.

Remember to post your permission! Do not make an artifact unless you have permission. Them's the rules!

Permapermissions! If you use the permapermission thread, please remember to tell the person that you used them in a private message!

Permissions!

Artifacts! (Cookies for Draconium (::) (::) )

The Spiffy Hats (gadren)
    Fiendsoul Gauntlet (khadgar567)
    Heaven's Wrath (LoyalPaladin)
    Cloak of Civilizations (Illven)
    Amulet of the Dragon King (Draconium)
    Fell Tome (Red Fel)
    Astral Lyre (illyahr)
    The Mantle of the Darth Tarrasque (torrasque666)
    The Word Made Whole (Jormengand)

The Well of Souls (VirusInk) ..?
    Heart of the Universe (Zaydos)
    Arms of Iz (IZ42)
    The TV Tyrant Ball (TVtyrant)
    Golem Gauntlets (VirusInk)
    Golem Sphere (unseenmage)
    Playgrounder Cursed Artifacts V1 (Various)
    The Abomination Chalice (Necroticplauge)
    The Amulet of Terrador (Terrador)
    [Cursed] The Chalice of Destruction (Necroticplauge)
    [Cursed] The Amulet of Terror (Terrador)
    Xuldarinar's Font of Power (Xuldarinar)
    Mash (N/A)
    The Power Axe (illyahr)
    [Cursed] The Axe of Axing (illyahr)
    The Cloak of Sangotime (SangoProduction)
    [Cursed] Cloaks of Exsanguination (SangoProduction)
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-04-14 at 10:36 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Artifacts

I demand proof that your door to nothingness functions.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Snowbluff. A link to the perma permissions thread would be welcome.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...rmapermissions

The spiffy hats. (gadren)

There can be only two.

So it is said.

When the fires of creation spawned the first Fochlucan Lyrist, said Fochlucan Lyrist had TWO hats. One more then the regular joe.

The maggots were envious of these two hats. And some say they killed him.

But true bards/druids never die. They only come to the end of their story or reincarnate. And as the Fochlucan Lyrist passed into the epilogues some of his magic rubbed off on the hat.

There are two spiffy hats in the world.
    Hat 1 gives the wearer a +6 resistance bonus to reflex and will saves, and a +6 enchancement bonus to charisma. In addition, every time a bard tries to cast a spell (Including Sublime chord spells, but no spells from any other class.) within line of sight and effect, the Bard must make an opposed charisma check with the wearer of the hat. Should the bard fail, the spell can either be stored, to be used as the wearer of the hat desires, or can be re-directed, with the wearer of the hat treated as the caster. The hat loses one stored spell of the highest level it has stored, per day.

Hat 2 gives the wearer a +6 resistance bonus to fort and will saves, and a +6 enchancement bonus to wisdom. In addition, every time a druid tries to cast a spell within line of sight and effect, the druid must make an opposed charisma check with the wearer of the hat. Should the druid fail, the spell can either be stored, to be used as the wearer of the hat desires, or can be re-directed, with the wearer of the hat treated as the caster. The hat loses one stored spell of the highest level it has stored, per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I'll link it in the morning! :0 <(yyyyaaaaawn)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I demand proof that your door to nothingness functions.
    Hey, do you remember Ywvbevlin?

Exactly.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-03-28 at 12:11 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I said proof, as in evidence, and if there really was a Ywvbevlin you wouldn't remember him. Your door is at least faulty and should be turned in for inspection.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I said proof, as in evidence, and if there really was a Ywvbevlin you wouldn't remember him.
    Ack! Foiled by my general disinterest in humans.

I have been using it, though. It's just that it keeps eating people, so evidence of something being complete erased is hard to pick up. See? Did it again.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-03-28 at 12:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Fine, do you think I can throw a few things in it? Like a Well of Worlds?

Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Fine, do you think I can throw a few things in it? Like a Well of Worlds?
    Yes, but not one of those. We have to be careful. Throwing something important in a Door of Nothingness is like deleting your sys32 files. You're not getting it back and you've screwed everything up.

People are fine to put in it, though.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

So we can Gate in a certain Time Lord and toss him in?
    Not that I dislike the guy, just curious and willing to help him make that sacrifice for SCIENCE!

Does imbuing the afore mentioned Well of Worlds make it "people" enough to be safely deleted?

Am now imagining a high tech future where all computer files are sentient programs that are so complex they have virtual lifespans after which they collapse under their own complexity into their component files only to be reclaimed by the system and reconfigured into new even more complex programs.
    And all because I was trying to conceive of a sys32 file that could think, feel, and die.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-03-28 at 12:46 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I cannot see what all this thread shall wrought.

We'll likely go off the rails more than once, but it wouldn't be one of these threads if we didn't... out the gate even.. discover that the rails are just painted on the ground and don't actually do anything.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Can I throw in an IO?

Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #12

Can I throw in an IO?
    No. I need my advanced spying techniques to keep tabs on my foes.

It's the only thing besides Longbow and Ship of the line swarm and faster naval move that keeps me over my foes.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Illven has ap oint
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Not that I dislike the guy, just curious and willing to help him make that sacrifice for SCIENCE!

Does imbuing the afore mentioned Well of Worlds make it "people" enough to be safely deleted?

Am now imagining a high tech future where all computer files are sentient programs that are so complex they have virtual lifespans after which they collapse under their own complexity into their component files only to be reclaimed by the system and reconfigured into new even more complex programs.
    And all because I was trying to conceive of a sys32 file that could think, feel, and die.
    You can't. I mean, not because we shouldn't, but because he'll wiggle his way out one way or another.

What a jerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    I cannot see what all this thread shall wrought.

We'll likely go off the rails more than once, but it wouldn't be one of these threads if we didn't... out the gate even.. discover that the rails are just painted on the ground and don't actually do anything.
    What's a rail and can I put in the Door to Nothingness?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post

Just wait for me to create my fiendsoul scepter then we can destroy him becouse i dont want tardis chan(major artifact)to be destroyed with that moron plus it makes good villianous plot to mind rape first sentient races to worship you as their creator

15. - Top - End - #15

What's a rail and can I put in the Door to Nothingness?
    Railroads cost 2 GPT, vastly increase movement speed, creates city connections, and said cities connected gain a +20% production boost.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Railroads cost 2 GPT, vastly increase movement speed, creates city connections, and said cities connected gain a +20% production boost.
    And here I was thinking it was six iron ingots and a stick for 16 of the things...
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    And here I was thinking it was six iron ingots and a stick for 16 of the things...
    And we have civ pun and minecraft pun in same treat so am i the only one trying to cook an artifact may usefull

18. - Top - End - #18

The rails, maybe they are the most mythical artifact of them all...

19. - Top - End - #19

So, if Snowbluff is the Doorkeeper who is the Keymaster?

Spoiler: Eighties. I'm not living in the eighties. Thank christ.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

There is no key, it just stays open... they probably fell in.

Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #21

Yeah, "fell".

22. - Top - End - #22

Spoiler: UNNECESSARY OMAKE!!!
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

we just make a new record guys treat derailment from second post well since no one post an artifact until know ı put this puppy to here

Fiendsoul gauntlet

This fine dragonbone gauntlet covers the back of the wearer's hand and forearm, attaching to the fingers by way of five gold rings and to the wrist by a fine gold bracelet. The claw has three functions: protection, attack, and creating tralls For the purpose of determining how many magic items a character can wear, the claw counts as one ring, one glove or gauntlet, and one bracer. Thus, the wearer can still wear another ring, a single glove (such as a*glove of storing), and a single bracelet (such as a*bracelet of friends).
    The claw bestows one negative level on any creature wearing it that does not worship Khadgar the wandering god. This negative level persists as long as the claw is worn and disappears when it is removed. The negative level never results in actual level loss, but it cannot be overcome in any way (including restoration spells) while the claw is worn.
    The claw functions as*bracers of armor +5*combined with an*amulet of natural armor +5 and ioun spite brace*providing the wearer with a +5 armor bonus and a +5 natural armor bonus to AC.
    When used as a weapon, the claw functions a +2 weapon that deals 1d6 points of slashing damage (critical 19-20/x2) plus 1d6 points of negative energy damage. The wearer is automatically proficient with the claw.
    Finally, fiendsoul gauntlet allows user to cast minderape by spending a charge from gauntlet. Gauntlet has 50 charges and regained by either dealing damage( gains 3 charges) or at twilight of each day( completely recharges. If user can cast eldricth blast user gains increased damage via eldricth blast

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

*cracks knuckles* All right, one artifact for LoyalPaladin, comin' right up!

Heaven's Wrath
    Major Artifact

Forged in the fires of the multiverse's creation, a weapon of pure unadulterated holy power, this sword is the most powerful tool in the arsenal of the Upper Planes. Lost for millennia until found by the man (and eventually deity) known as Palladian, this sword's true power can only be wielded by one embodying the pure ideals of Law and Good. As such, beings of Evil fear the awesome might of this ancient artifact, and rightly so.

Heaven's Wrath takes the form of a +2 cold iron greatsword, and in the hands of a Paladin, it becomes a +5 holy cold iron greatsword, much like a Holy Avenger. Similar to a Holy Avenger, this sword also provides spell resistance of 5 + the Paladin’s level to the wielder and anyone adjacent to her. It also enables the wielder to use Greater Dispel Magic (once per round as a standard action) at the class level of the Paladin. (Only the area dispel is possible, not the targeted dispel or counterspell versions of greater dispel magic.)

In addition, a Lawful Good Paladin may initiate a bonding ritual with this artifact, a process which takes one uninterrupted week, 100,000 GP worth of holy oils and other such materials, and 100 X the character's level worth of XP. Once this ritual is complete, the true power of the Heaven's Wrath is revealed. The sword is now a +5 keen holy surge divine wrath cold iron greatsword* while wielded by the Paladin, shedding light as a torch at all times (unless supressed by the Paladin as a free action each round) and gives the character new abilities in addition to the ones it previously granted.

The spell resistance improves to 10 + the Paladin's level, and it now allows the character to use Holy Aura, Holy Word, and Sunburst as spell-like abilities 3 times per day as standard actions. The Paladin's Aura of Good becomes so powerful that any Evil creature within 30 feet of them takes a -1 sacred penalty per two Paladin levels (minimum -2) on all d20 rolls, as well as any damage rolls. As a move action, the Paladin can summon wings of light as a supernatural ability that gives them a flight speed equal to twice their base land speed, with perfect maneuverability. As a standard action once per day, these wings can also give off a blinding light, causing any creature withing a 60-foot radius of the character to be permanently blinded unless they succeed on a Fortitude save (all save DCs are equal to 10+1/2 the character's HD+their Cha modifier, or 20 if the artifact isn't being wielded currently) or are purposefully excluded from this by the Paladin. The wings may be dismissed as a free action, and the Heaven's Wrath must be held by the Paladin to keep this effect active.

Once per month, the Paladin may channel the pure sacred power of the Upper Planes into a Divine Smite attempt against an Evil creature. The Paladin using this attack adds 1 1/2 X their Charisma modifier to the attack roll. Should the attack succeed, the creature struck must make a Fortitude save or be utterly destroyed, as if through a Disintegrate spell. Their soul is absorbed into one of the seven diamonds embedded into the hilt of the Heaven's Wrath, each of which can hold one soul at any given time. Even if the creature succeeds on their save, they still take 10d6 extra ponts of holy damage from the sheer divine force behind the blow. If the attack misses, the Paladin cannot make another attept at a Divine Smite for the rest of the day, but it is not considered expended for the month.

If an Evil creature's soul is absorbed through the Divine Smite ability, it remains within the diamond for a year, reflecting upon it's evil deeds and finding a spark of good within itself, as per the Sanctify the Wicked** spell. After one year's time, the diamond detaches from the sword and morphs into a body identical to the creature's original body. The creature is now Lawful Good and has the Sanctified** template in addition to whatever it was before. Replacing the diamonds on the sword costs 10,000 GP.

Finally, once per year, the Paladin may use Armageddon** as a spell-like ability, except they must still pay the Sacrifice cost.

Any Evil creature attempting to wield the Heaven's Wrath gains one negative level for each round they attempt to wield it. After 24 hours of possessing these negative levels, the creature must make a Fortitude save for each or lose one character level (or Hit Dice) for each failed removal. These negative levels can effect creatures immune to negative levels normally, but they don't risk permanent level loss from these. In addition, any creature with the [Evil] subtype that attempts to wield it must make a Fortitude save or be instantly destroyed, as if through a Disintegrate spell. A successful save negates this effect, though they are still subject to the negative levels.

*Weapon enhancements from the Magic Item Compendium
    **Spells and template from the Book of Exalted Deeds
    Last edited by Draconium; 2017-08-05 at 03:36 PM.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Just because he didn't get anything in the last thread:

Major Artifact

Long ago, a powerful Cleric lead his people to prosperity by channeling their collective willpower into his divine casting. As his power and fame grew, more people pledged themselves to his banner and he grew stronger yet. At the height of his people's power, the gods acknowledged his skill and raised him to demigod status. When he left the world, he left behind the cloak which displayed his family crest.

The Cloak of Civilizations appears, at first, to be a Cloak of Charisma +6. However, if the wearer has the Leadership feat (or anything else that provides a cohort) the true power of the Cloak manifests. The cloak provides a +1 sacred (if good) or profane (if evil) bonus to all attributes for every 3 levels your cohort has (rounded down). Additionally, you can prepare and cast spells as a Cleric with with a level equal to 1/10th the number of followers you have (rounded down).

The cloak, though powerful, comes at a price. You must always act with the best interests of the people who follow you, no matter what those best interests may be (ex. fending off paladins due to your followers evil natures). If at any point you deliberately act against the interests of your people, you permanently lose access to the additional features of the cloak but still retain the +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma.

The Cloak of Civilizations can only be destroyed by convincing the followers of the wearer to turn on their leader for the explicit purpose of destroying the cloak. It cannot be damaged or otherwise harmed short of direct intervention by a deity, but will reform around a new leader in such a case.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-03-28 at 03:24 PM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    *cracks knuckles* All right, one artifact for LoyalPaladin, comin' right up!

Heaven's Wrath
    Oh my gosh! This is awesome! I'm not even exaggerating when I say this is one of the coolest items I've ever seen. I would totally use this. It combines my two favorite items (Holy Avenger / Sunblade) and makes them even better. Thanks Draconium! I'm going to bother my DM like crazy until he lets me use this.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-03-28 at 03:57 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

27. - Top - End - #27

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Heaven's Wrath
    Major Artifact

Last edited by illyahr; 2016-03-28 at 02:28 PM.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

28. - Top - End - #28

Working on something for Drac... *typing furiously*
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Just because he didn't get anything in the last thread:

Major Artifact

Long ago, a powerful Cleric lead his people to prosperity by channeling their collective willpower into his divine casting. As his power and fame grew, more people pledged themselves to his banner and he grew stronger yet. At the height of his people's power, the gods acknowledged his skill and raised him to demigod status. When he left the world, he left behind the cloak which displayed his family crest.

The Cloak of Civilizations appears, at first, to be a Cloak of Charisma +6. However, if the wearer has the Leadership feat (or anything else that provides a cohort) the true power of the Cloak manifests. The cloak provides a +1 sacred (if good) or profane (if evil) bonus to all attributes for every 3 levels your cohort has (rounded down). Additionally, you are treated as a Cleric with spells per day equal to 1/10th the number of followers you have (rounded down).

The cloak, though powerful, comes at a price. You must always act with the best interests of the people who follow you, no matter what those best interests may be (ex. fending off paladins due to your followers evil natures). If at any point you deliberately act against the interests of your people, you permanently lose access to the additional features of the cloak but still retain the +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma.

The Cloak of Civilizations can only be destroyed by convincing the followers of the wearer to turn on their leader for the explicit purpose of destroying the cloak. It cannot be damaged or otherwise harmed short of direct intervention by a deity, but will reform around a new leader in such a case.
    YAY!!!!!

Now some questions.

What if you're a thrallherd and thus have two cohorts? Or take feats like undead leadership, and draconic cohort, do they stack?

Also what levels are the additional cleric spell slots.

30. - Top - End - #30

BardGuy

YAY!!!!!

Now some questions.

What if you're a thrallherd and thus have two cohorts? Or take feats like undead leadership, and draconic cohort, do they stack?

Also what levels are the additional cleric spell slots.
    Each cohort would provide a bonus, but they are the same type so wouldn't stack.

Whatever spell levels a cleric of the appropriate level could cast. If you have 100 followers, you can cast as a 10th level cleric. I'll clarify in the post. And that's followers as in the game-defined followers, not people you hire to follow you around or stalkers.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-03-28 at 03:23 PM.