New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default CoA III: The Masked Avengers (RECRUITING)

Important notice:

Recruitment for CoA III has begun. See post #131 for the relevant info!

====================

Old info about the previous game

Spoiler
    Show

This is the recruitment & game thread for Circle of Assassins II: Menzoberranzan. This time around the characters are drow assassins and other vile killers living in Menzoberranzan, the City of Spiders.

While the core mechanics of the game are the same as in the first game, a lot has been changed, so please read the rules below.

I'm recruiting 11 characters this time. One of the slots is reserved for the winner of the first game. Another five slots are reserved to new players. The remaining five slots are filled on a first come first served basis.

In CoA II: Menzoberranzan, a character's secret (see the rules) is a pseudonym - much like a stage name, noms de guerre or handle. Choose a cool & sinister sounding pseudonym, if you please.

Sample character:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Shelazza Di'Mir
    Description: Shelazza is a half-drow/half-gray elf. She looks a lot like a drow, but her eyes are distinctively lime-green. She was born into slavery but she learned the art of killing in the cruel Di'Mir household and became an assassin. Her weapon of choice is the shortbow, and she poisons the arrows with potent poisons.
    Secret: (NOTE! Send this part in a PM!) Shelazza's pseudonym is Black Thorn.

Game rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

I Character creation

1. Post your character's name and a description in the recruitment thread.
    1.1 The name should be appropriate for the theme of the game.
    1.2 The description should include at least the character's favored method of killing. Other details on his appearance, personality and modus operandi are also appreciated.
    2. Send the GM your character's secret in a PM. What the secret is depends on the theme of the game, but it is usually a secret identity or vulnerability.

II The game round

1. The GM posts a list of all remaining characters, and a list of secrets that are connected to those characters.
    2. Send the GM a PM with a guess. If you can guess correctly which secret belongs to which character, that character dies at the end of the round. Write your guess in the following format: [character] is [secret]
    2.1 Once you've sent your PM, you cannot change your guess. The only exception to this rule is that if your target is invalid, you can change your target.
    2.2 You can only target characters and secrets listed by the GM.
    2.3 You cannot target your own character, but you can target your character's secret.
    2.4 The deaths occur simultaneously, and thus it is possible for two characters to kill each other, or even for all remaining characters to die on the same round.
    2.5 If two or more players kill the same target, it counts as an assisted kill for each of the players.
    2.6 If you don't send a PM to the GM, or your PM does not have a valid guess in it, you are considered to be absent on that round. Two consecutive absences result in auto-elimination.
    2.7 You are allowed to send your guess in advance if you know you'll otherwise be absent on a round. You may include conditions as necessary to avoid choosing an invalid target.
    3. You may roleplay your character in the game thread. It is not obligatory, but it is recommended.
    4. You may make pacts with other players. A pact may be public (made in the game thread) or secret (made in PMs). In either case, any such pacts are non-binding.
    5. When 48 hours (2 days) have passed or everyone has sent in their PMs, the GM narrates the deaths and lists all guesses made that round. The guesses are listed in the following format: [character A]: [character B] is [secret] (miss!/HIT!)
    6. The GM checks how many players are left.
    6.1 If there are no characters alive, the game is over and there is no winner.
    6.2 If there is one character left, that player wins the game. If there are two characters left, the one with more kills wins; if it's still a tie, unassisted kills determine the winner.
    6.3 If there are three or more characters left, a new round begins.

Last edited by Kensen; 2009-11-25 at 06:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: CoA II: Menzoberranzan (recruiting 11)

Name: Kyla
    Species: Rothe
    Profession: By day, she's a herd animal. By night, she's an assassin.
    Past: Remains a mystery...
    Modus Operanti: Knife wound and a hoof mark left on victims chest.

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Registering interest, but will step aside for any new players. I have got through to the last round of the first one afterall.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

4. - Top - End - #4

Name: Borth Feyslinth
    Description: Borth is short for a drow, easier to get into places like that. His long hair is usually in a ponytail while his black eyes remain as cold as ice. He became an assassin for the sense of power and is enjoying himself immensely in his chosen profession. His weapon of choice is a silver choke chain, up close and personal, ya know. "First you choke them, then you pierce the left eye". Nobody has figured out why it is the left one though.
    Secret: TB determined by you
    Last edited by rakkoon; 2009-10-15 at 06:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

5. - Top - End - #5

A rothe? Hmm, I didn't see that coming. Are rothes intelligent enough to become assassins?

Banjo: There are 5 slots reserved for new players, so don't worry about it. If you're interested, please join.

The Bookworm: Please read the OP. The secret must be a pseudonym in this particular CoA game. (I re-wrote the rules from a more generic point of view, but specifics pertaining to this game are mentioned in the OP.)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Name: Yadzin Cro'niss
    Race: Half-mindflayer, half-drow
    Description: Yadzin was like, a military experiment that went wrong, y'know? Now he has turned himself against his masters! But he's been framed for the murder of his best friend! With the aid of a svirfneblin sidekick and a gun-toting drow princess, he must fight his way to freedom to clear his name and stop the bad guys from completing an arcane ritual that will summon a trapped demon! Oh le noes!
    Also, the aforementioned bad guys killed his dog!
    Profession: Self-proclaimed vigilante and defender of justice!
    Past: Mysterious, but I can tell that there will be numerous cheesy plot twists involved! I just know it!
    Modus Operanti: Wire-fu and slow-motion blade swings. Expect explosions too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Name: Shasera d'Hemar.
    Description: Seemingly a submissive and beautiful slave, a shining jewel destined for a noble's harem, Shasera is more than what she seems. Her silver moon jewelry marks her as a worshiper of Eilistraee, and several of her former masters have ended up dead under mysterious circumstances. Her cheerful demeanor and happiness in servitude may be carefully designed masks... or maybe she's just learned to accept life in bondage.
    Profession: Dancer and pleasure slave, and most certainly not an assassin for the Lady of the Dance.
    Past: Born in Calimshan as the daughter of a brave renegade running from the tyranny of his people, Shasera was enslaved as a child when her father's past caught up with him and they were taken back to Menzoberranzan in chains. Since then, she's flitted from one master to another, sold or given away as a gift, or being resold after her master's untimely and unusual death.
    Favored Weapon: IF Shasera were an assassin, her preferred weapons would be poisoning or strangulation, usually during an intimate moment.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2009-10-15 at 03:13 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

8. - Top - End - #8

Raz Fox, good to see you again! You played in my fantasy wargames earlier this year.

A few notes on the characters: Please include a favored weapon or killing method. Also, I'd appreciate it if you didn't create joke characters. They need not be dead serious, but Menzoberranzan isn't Menzoberranzan if it turns into slapstick.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

So... the Keiling Kats are out, then?

Name: Cwni'ngen Llo'frudd o'Caer'bannog.
    Race: Bra'ch'yl'age
    Description: A flash of something white in the dark. You're not sure what, as no one who saw it lived to tell the tale.
    Modus Operandi: Next day, a corpse with terrible neck wound will be found, its head missing.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kensen View Post
    A few notes on the characters: Please include a favored weapon or killing method. Also, I'd appreciate it if you didn't create joke characters. They need not be dead serious, but Menzoberranzan isn't Menzoberranzan if it turns into slapstick.
    Yeah, ok. Duly noted.

Name: Yadzin Cro'niss
    Race: Drow
    Description: A beguiler affiliated with the foremost House of the underdark. (sorry for the short description, but seriousness doesn't come quite as naturally to me)
    Modus Operanti: Diamond-tipped throwing knives to the heart or forehead.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So... the Keiling Kats are out, then?

Name: Cwni'ngen Llo'frudd o'Caer'bannog.
    Race: Bra'ch'yl'age
    Description: A flash of something white in the dark. You're not sure what, as no one who saw it lived to tell the tale.
    Modus Operandi: Next day, a corpse with terrible neck wound will be found, its head missing.
    Wait wait wait, is it a vorpal bunny..? Hmm I didn't know they've migrated to the Underdark >.<

EDIT: Now where's my Holy Hand Grenade...
    Last edited by Kensen; 2009-10-15 at 03:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

NecromancerGirl

Name: Bob Doe
    Description:Bob is half-drow half-human: he was raised and named by his mother, but taught by his father who was one of the most vial assassins of the underworld. His preferred killing method is using Arsenic. (anyone else noticing a theme here )
    Last edited by Wizibirb; 2009-10-15 at 04:31 PM.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity702 View Post
    Name: Bob Doe
    Description:Bob is half-drow half-human: he was raised and named by his mother, but taught by his father who was one of the most vial assassins of the underworld. His preferred killing method is using Arsenic. (anyone else noticing a theme here )
    Yeah, but there's no "Old Lace" this time.

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name: Rizza Arabrae
    Race: Drow
    Description: Rizza is a tall slender Drow male with maroon eyes and short cut black hair. He is not very muscular but his reflex and speed make up for that in spades. He wears a midnight blue cloak which magically suppresses body heat, making him near invisible to drow eyes. His weapon of choice is a blackened rapier and throwing daggers, and is well known as a master duelist. He has only one know associate named Vornril who acts as Rizza's agent and spokesperson to employer's and is the only person Rizza ever talks to. As a rule, Vornril never assists in one of Rizza's kills, even if Rizza's life is in jeopardy.
    Modus Operanti: Note with a number on it left by the body indicating Rizza's current kill count.
    Last edited by calar; 2009-10-15 at 09:05 PM.
    I shall spread the buttery light of justice over the toast of your iniquity!

Fight my brute.
    Brutes too boring? Try this one.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name:Kands Xiol
    Race:Mind Flayer
    Description:Is under hood and cloak all the time, so nobody sees him.
    Modus Operandi:Four holes in the head of the corpse when body is found.
    Last edited by Vwulf DeMarcus; 2009-10-22 at 06:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Bookworm View Post
    Yeah, but there's no "Old Lace" this time.
    Funny fact I have actually been apart of a play called "arsenic and old lace"
    I am alive!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

In if there is room!

Name: Nikolai Grashnov
    Race: Human
    Description: He is a decently muscled man, roughly 6ft tall, has brown/gray hair, wears darkened leather armor, and a red scarf that covers the scars on his lower half of his face. He carries a heavy crossbow on his back, along with a sabre. Wears goggles that let him see in the dark.
    Profession: Bounty Hunter. He saw a flier saying "Clear the Underdark! 1000gp a kill. Bring proof for reward."

M.O.
    Each victim is scalped/de-tentacled.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Next day, a corpse with terrible neck wound will be found, its head missing.
    Wow, beheaded and a neck wound, that's just plain rude that is!

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

If there is still place:

Name: Braen De'n Dazmon

Race: Feral Drider

Braen De'n Damon was one of the youngest assassins of Menzoberranzan and might have an intersting carreer, hadn't he pissed off the wrong personn. Namely his own sister who happened to be very favored priest of loth at the time. She wasn't known fo her mercy either, so he was punished. By death ? No such luck, she really wanted him to suffer, so he got right to instant driderification.
    Except, for reason uknown, except maybe by Loth herself, the ritual didn't work as expected and while his body was twisted , Braen kept most of his willpower, inteligence and magical abilities. Needless to say he was pissed too and vowed revenge on ...well pretty much everything everyone with a large preference for drows

Profession: Psychopath. He kept most of his inteligence, sure but his sanity however is another matter.

Favorite method of killing: Turns out that giving a body that can climb wall, shoot cobwebs at will to a train assassin and spit poison to a trained assassins isn't such a good idea.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-10-16 at 07:43 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Funny fact I have actually been apart of a play called "arsenic and old lace"
    Yes, that was my reference.

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

NecromancerGirl

Thought so,

Dr. Einstien at your service. The worlds most renowned Drunk Plastic Surgeon.
    I am alive!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thought so,

Dr. Einstien at your service. The worlds most renowned Drunk Plastic Surgeon.
    I love that character! And the whole play, for that matter.

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Bookworm View Post
    I love that character! And the whole play, for that matter.
    Haha he is the best character in the play.
    But yes the whole play is amazing.
    I am alive!

24. - Top - End - #24

One more people, come on!

Borth "rabid raccoon" Feyslinth

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Name: Sharna
    Species: Drow
    Profession: Pure Assassin
    Past: Who's asking?
    Modus Operandi: Males: Forced Feminization, then throat slit.
    ______________Females: Two daggers in the lower back, then throat slit.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-10-19 at 10:49 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aww...I am late! I would have so totally joined this one, but...oh well, I guess I have to be faster next time

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

I'm willing to give my place in this CoA to Grimm, eventualy. (but I would like in echange a reserved slot for the next, if possible (especialy if you go surpheroes themed in the next))
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-10-19 at 01:01 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Modus Operandi: Males: Forced Feminization, then throat slit.
    ______________Females: Two daggers in the lower back, then throat slit.
    Wow, I mean...I never voted for you in any game, please remember that

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    I'm willing to give my place in this CoA to Grimm, eventualy. (but I would like in echange a reserved slot for the next, if possible (especialy if you go surpheroes themed in the next))
    So, does that mean I can still join? *hopeful face*

30. - Top - End - #30

Hmmm sure you can join if smuchmuch is willing to give you his spot.