New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    First post updated again with the endgame craft assignments.

We're nearing Cydonia and the final mission.

Any regrets, wishes, and last words better be spoken soon.
    I can only say this - in a few years, when the psionic empire of Tenguland becomes one of the major world powers, I will not forget that I probably would have never realized my vast psychic potential if I didn't join X-Com under the impression that killing aliens looks like easy, good money for relatively little effort.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1292

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Wait, you're psychic.

Why did I not know this. Or have the same power.

I never get anything cool. I don't get psychic powers, or the hilarious videos, or power suits. And if I complain about it, Knight beats me.

Oh, wait.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Wait, you're psychic.

I never get anything cool. I don't get psychic powers, or the hilarious videos, or power suits. And if I complain about it, Knight beats me.

Oh, wait.
    Now that's just not true. Knight would beat you no matter what you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #1294

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Now that's just not true. Knight would beat you no matter what you did.
    But he still beats me if I complain. So technically, we're both right.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Yes.

I expect that I am being brought along as a psionic sock puppet.

If so -- I ask that you leave me a stun rod. You know as well as I no psionic mind control could ever force me to use it on my team-mates, and who knows? I just might get a chance to whack someone with it!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    Oh yeah, and in case somebody doesn't know what I'm talking about with the Muton commander and all, here is the intro.
    Huh. I've never actually watched the whole intro before. Now that I have, I can only think of one thing: Entire alien team is babies!

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Halfling in the Playground

There's a reason Knight is being left on Earth for this one.
    *Gets to work on laser cannons again*
    No regrets, cya guys later.
    And you better bring that Avenger back in at most three pieces.
    It's the only working prototype and we can't remember how we built it.
    (Though I bet Cubey still has the blueprints... right?)
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Swot View Post
    *Gets to work on laser cannons again*
    No regrets, cya guys later.
    And you better bring that Avenger back in at most three pieces.
    It's the only working prototype and we can't remember how we built it.
    (Though I bet Cubey still has the blueprints... right?)
    The Blueprints...err...well, we had a "Kick The Xeno's Back to Alpha Centuri" Party when we found out about Cydonia, and I felt like making a flag. I had a few drinks in me, so I grabbd this piece of paper, drew an alien symbol on it, and lit it on fire. Everybody cheered.

All that was left was a little scrap that said -venger. I told myself they had another copy.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd just like to say, I am sincerely sorry, Ninja.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Barbarian in the Playground

*grunts something incoherent that might be mistaken for "good luck" and goes back to the most joyous time of his life...hunting an expanding population of 'Lids in London*

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

WHY WAS I NOT AWARE OF THE EXISTENCE OF THIS?

Also, we don't need propaganda. Propaganda's for communists. See? I'm getting awesomer.
    I take offense to that. The Truth of the Glorious Revolution needs no propoganda to shine through!
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I take offense to that. The Truth of the Glorious Revolution needs no propoganda to shine through!
    Right. Propaganda is needed to prevent the truth from shining through.

It was just too easy to pass up, really.

13. - Top - End - #1303

(Cookie to anyone who gets the quote.)

Guns don't kill people. I kill people. With guns.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, you're psychic.

Oh, wait.
    Hey, we gave you a Flying suit.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

OH CRAP!

{desperately searches the avenger for places to hide enough booze to last the trip and back}

{Has bright idea}

Guys, if you see a "new guy" in a sealed flying suit in the back of the Avenger, that's Captain Morgan. He always meditates in a deep trance before battle, so don't bother him. Pay no attention to the sloshing sound during takeoff and landing, it's an experimental... thing. No, that is not a spigot on his left knee.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    No, that is not a spigot on his left knee.
    And if they catch you drinking from said not-a-spigot, you are just administering lifesaving first aid, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Default Always darkest before the glaring light of an atomic explosion

Interrogations went well.

The Mutons are reasonably productive in the lab, even if they do take up a good 30% of the bacon allotment.

Of course, even when we're gearing down for the final assault, the aliens kept up their attacks on all we hold dear.

At least that's what I figured before we got the signal translated.

"Calling X-COM. This is the Unified Sectoid Resistance. We are asking for political asylum for the wounded and non combatants."
    "Um... Oh-kay?"
    "Thank you, most honored sir whose feet I am not fit to wash. When we have left those unable to fight, all of our forces our yours to command. You are the first resistance since the Nakh to have a chance against the oppressors. An opportunity like this will not come again."
    "Sure. Glad to have the help?"

I guess that's good.
    I turned to Chumbley.
    "Nakh?"
    "A race of technologically advanced cybernetic life. They managed to fight their way to the local Ethereal command."
    Ah, it can be done. My fears are assuaged.
    "Their entire race was annihilated. The assault team that landed on the local Ethereal command post was tortured to the point of insanity and the members were forced to eat their families alive."
    Or not. I apparently don't have a gift for picking fights I can win. On the other hand, the Ethereals apparently haven't had a good arse whomping in centuries. I always wanted my name eternally preserved in the look of hatred on the faces of my enemies. Of course, I didn't want to die, but you can't have everything.

On that list of things I cannot have: Nukes to destroy T'Leth utterly, Copper killed, Taiwanese ladies of the night listed as a business expense for tax purposes, the current war crimes investigation on my actions to stop...

And great. From the sounds of that alarm, not-being-attacked-by-Ethereals was being added to list.

Time to suit up and roll out. Squad needed practice anyway.

Sheila was the first off the ramp. Lopez covered her as she spotted the first hostiles.

Including more of those Sectopods. Well, hopes of there being only one batch of prototypes in the alien stockpiles was a bust. Blew up real good, at least.

Lopez took out the resistance guarding the craft with a few shots.

And Sheila took out the first floor problems. Heartwarming. I think those two kids might make it work.

The Avenger AI, however, couldn't make a simple scouting run work. He yammered something about being limited only by the inevitable closing of the universe, of course. I'd say he's limited by how many more hovertanks I'm willing to grant him (one. And that's assuming he doesn't add more verses to his little ditty before I authorize the build order), but philosophers seldom notice how very tied to the physical realm they are.

Trazoi and I pulled a bog standard Breach and clear, taking out the upper crew (And showing the rookies how to pull a simple capture and slaughter). Not bad, despite a half million lost on a hovertank. Not that the AI on the Avenger would admit guilt. Insisted if we'd develop a teleporter, he'd do much better.

When we got back to the base, Cubey'd finished with the blaster bombs.

"Finally figured out how to deal with that pesky vertical targeting bug. Mostly. Sort of. Well, no. I was too busy designing a bipedal combat form for the HWPs. It should be ready for testing within the week."
    "Sounds destructive, pointlessly expensive, and a war crime waiting to happen. Get to it."
    And that was the day.
    Or it would have been, had Chumbley not came in.
    "Good news, bad news, Sir. Good news is, the resistance fleet is ready for an attack on Cydonia. Bad news is, the Ethereal fleet is ready for an attack on us. If I may provide a humble suggestion, we should launch now. Our other option seems increasingly likely to be never."

He was probably right.

I headed for the hanger.
    "I know you were planning for a week off. Ain't gonna happen. We stop in LA for a last minute pick up. Then: Cydonia or bust. Got it?"
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

18. - Top - End - #1308

Yay go us! This epic LP will definetely go down in the gitp history!

(now tell us, what did you really do with that battleship?)

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Banned

That was a weird UFO, the Hyperwave Decoder showed a battleship but your mission was clearly in a Terror Ship.

And of course this is an epic LP. And at this rate, the first one on these forums to be finished, to that!

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Troll in the Playground

What're my chances of going marsbound?

I'm assuming not too good, since I haven't been mentioned since my first mission.
    trill in da playground

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Banned

Pretty good actually. What we need in Cydonia are troopers with high PSI Strength, and that's what you got. Even if chiasaur didn't let you fight many missions and your accuracy is low... well, you can still hold a Blaster Launcher! Accuracy is no issue with this toy.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Bugbear in the Playground

And of course this is an epic LP. And at this rate, the first one on these forums to be finished, to that!
    Not only was this LP incredibly epic, it also made Alex Knight into a household name for badassery.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Always darkest before the glaring light of an atomic explosion

He was probably right.

I headed for the hanger.
    "I know you were planning for a week off. Ain't gonna happen. We stop in LA for a last minute pick up. Then: Cydonia or bust. Got it?"
    Wow, truly thrilling story-telling. Sent a shiver down my spine.

Best of luck up there. Our thoughts are with you.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Firbolg in the Playground

Come on. Say it guys.

Where will we dine tonight?

And anyway yes. Although this LP is less bloody than my initial guess, this is really an epic LP, It might rival GuavaMoment's X-Com LP.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Where will we dine tonight?
    I hear the Face On Mars 5-star restaurant is quite lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    GuavaMoment
    Pardon my ignorance, but... who?
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2009-07-30 at 07:25 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Colossus in the Playground

Dine? I'd recommend that lovely little sectopod restaurant on Phobos, myself.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #1317

It has made Alex Knight a household name in badassery, as well as Lopez, yet I can't help but think I might be more feared.

That being said, I'm glad I caught this LP early. I've never had so much fun being hated.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1318

Hey, we gave you a Flying suit.
    Are you sure? Maybe you gave it to me while I was asleep, cause I don't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    That being said, I'm glad I caught this LP early. I've never had so much fun being hated.
    Same, but replace being hated with being one order away from death.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

Are you sure? Maybe you gave it to me while I was asleep, cause I don't remember that.
    Maybe it was your suit that got turned into Captain Morgan?
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

That was a weird UFO, the Hyperwave Decoder showed a battleship but your mission was clearly in a Terror Ship.
    That's because the battleship belonged to Unified Sectoid Resistance. We didn't fight it.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show