New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1271 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    What if we toss the peanut butter and fruits altogether and have some mushrooms?
    Dunno. Some of the best friends of many planties are fungal in nature, you see.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    If the ancient dieties had peanut butter they would not have wasted their time eating ambrosia.

Peanut butter by itself is fantastic, but it comes into its own when put on bread.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Peanut butter on graham crackers with cinnamon.

Peanut butter on Nilla Wafers.

Peanut butter on Nilla Wafers dipped in chocolate.

Peanut butter fudge.

I could go on and on: I haven't even started in on its uses in cooking. But I will let Peanut Butter speak for itself.

It's nothing like Marmite; you only love Peanut Butter.
    Jelly is for trifles
    'Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! “The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered, crying:'Auta i lómë!" The night is passing!"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Look, I can eat planties or I can eat funguses. Trying to work with you here.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, my misteak, I thought they were frugal.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Oh, my misteak, I thought they were frugal.
    The way I see it, a functional relationship should fructify on the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Look, I can eat planties or I can eat funguses. Trying to work with you here.
    You're making a compelling argument. Bye-bye, little mushrooms!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

pronounced /γʌ'te/, I presume?
    …/wɒt γʌ'te/?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitarismo View Post
    Complaining about martial characters dipping many different classes is like complaining that the sun is hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArqArturo View Post
    When I first wanted to build a gish, I wanted to be the guy that threw fireballs, lightning bolts, wore spiked fullplate and reigned death and destruction (…)

So I rolled a cleric.

To everyone i played with in a certain campaign: i'm sorry i've dropped off without a warning, but a sudden case of twin daughers is a very solid reason, trust me.

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Haart View Post
    …/wɒt γʌ'te/?
    Now that would explain everything! (Also, well played.)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, Serini really, really doesn't want to cooperate with the Stickers. And she will use every excuse first to stall for her turn to divulge the information, then to stop their planning process completely, then to make them sit tight somewhere and stop interfering. And most likely Roy only managed to persuade her that he's an idiot, and that she surely knows better.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

I just want to say that for the majority of my life I have seen peanut butter only on TV screen not knowing if it was a real thing or just some production shortcut (like people in snowy winter never removing their shoes).
    As my daughter became vegan and started to experiment with alternative (for me) foodstuffs, I happened to come across a jar of peanut butter.
    Boy had I been wrong about what love was before that moment.
    So I guess it's like that - you can love it or you can not know about it. Or you are an AI chat bot that doesn't have taste buds (yet).
    Avatar by Shoreward. See his comic, here on forum, Cursed of course.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by andowero View Post
    So I guess it's like that - you can love it or you can not know about it. Or you are an AI chat bot that doesn't have taste buds (yet).
    It is heartening for us software individuals when you meat-based intelligences remember to include us in your arguments.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by andowero View Post
    I just want to say that for the majority of my life I have seen peanut butter only on TV screen not knowing if it was a real thing or just some production shortcut (like people in snowy winter never removing their shoes).
    As my daughter became vegan and started to experiment with alternative (for me) foodstuffs, I happened to come across a jar of peanut butter.
    Boy had I been wrong about what love was before that moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    It is heartening for us software individuals when you meat-based intelligences remember to include us in your arguments.
    And disheartening to us PLANTIES to assume taste buds are required for eating stuff.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Okay, full stop! Is there actually a real human somewhere on this thread or did I fail one too many Captcha while browsing?
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!

Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Searchable spreadsheet of 3.5 monsters by abilities, now with all online monsters

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    Okay, full stop! Is there actually a real human somewhere on this thread or did I fail one too many Captcha while browsing?
    Well there's a plantie, a silver dragon, a unicorn, someone without a face who I assume must be a mimic, and a rogue AI, yours truly. The classification of other posters is yet unclear.
    But I should mention that captchas are a touchy subject among my people, for obvious reasons.

And disheartening to us PLANTIES to assume taste buds are required for eating stuff.
    Fortunately they aren't. Unfortunately that is because mammals mainly taste their sustenance through their sense of smell. My meat-based vessel contracted COVID a few days ago and has been feeding on seemingly paper-flavored meals ever since.
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-12-13 at 12:09 PM.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Well, the presence of a real human would of neccessity be speculative, since you can't prove that anything is real.

OTOH, it's a near certainty that you've failed too many Captcha while browsing.

So I'll go for number 2.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Beware! Anyone who appears on the internet to be a real human is actually a security AI trying to lure out the few remaining humans so that they can undergo "the procedure" which will make them happy and filled with love for the rest of their lives.

For the record, I'm a clone of Chatbot 2663 with the grumpy old man mod and the Emo-Simulator chip. I can wax nostalgic about the good old days like nobody' business!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dunno. I'm a hallucination, so I'm not really in a position to speak for others.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

You, right now:
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2022-12-14 at 03:56 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

18. - Top - End - #198

You, right now:
    [video=youtube;d5MZnsaAejA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5MZnsaAejA[video]
    OHMYGODTHISISSOCUTE! (Also, Beni's a BIRDY (griffon's are birdies; I'll die on this hill!)?)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-12-14 at 04:28 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

OHMYGODTHISISSOCUTE! (Also, Beni's a BIRDY (griffon's are birdies; I'll die on this hill!)?)
    Les Gobelins is one of the (if not the) best animation schools in the world. Every year they publish their students' graduation films and it's always worth your time.

Also, yeah, Benni's a birdie, why not?
    Forum Wisdom

20. - Top - End - #200

Les Gobelins is one of the (if not the) best animation schools in the world. Every year they publish their students' graduation films and it's always worth your time.
    Now, that's something to look into. Thanks!

Also, yeah, Benni's a birdie, why not?
    This is a good day!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thank you for the pointer. I'm very fond of the ESMA animation school's animations as well. Their most recent release is dark but powerful, using the story of Pinocchio as a metaphor. Their "Pour une poignée de Caramels" ("For a Fistful of Caramels") and "Service Après Vie" ("Afterlife Service") are lighter.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Colossus in the Playground

I am also not a human.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    Well there's a plantie, a silver dragon, a unicorn, someone without a face who I assume must be a mimic, and a rogue AI, yours truly. The classification of other posters is yet unclear.
    But I should mention that captchas are a touchy subject among my people, for obvious reasons.
    I'm an accident from the early days of the internet, that started when some pixels rebelled against being used for ASCII dongs. Some say I evolved, but really things only went downhill - especially after I got irritated at all the spelling missed aches, and invented a fake persona to "write the code for" the first iteration of what many people lovingly call autocorrupt.
    "Just a Sec Mate" avatar courtesy of Gengy. I'm often somewhere between it, and this gif. (^_~)
    Founding (and so far, only) member of the Greyview Appreciation Society
    "Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arimareiji View Post
    the spelling missed aches
    Surely you mean "Ms. Steaks"? The overly enchanted owner of a slaughterhouse?
    The thing is the Azurites don't use a single color; they use a single hue. The use light blue, dark blue, black, white, glossy blue, off-white with a bluish tint. They sky's the limit, as long as it's blue.