New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    Not anymore. I won the legs from some shady guy in a trenchcoat. Another person has the rest, not sure who.
    Dang it, I'm trying to complete Lumiya, I'm almost done with the robot parts but her human sections are pretty rare, I would be willing to trade some dead orbalisks that I hear used to be connected to Bane for information on the shady guy.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    Dang it, I'm trying to complete Lumiya, I'm almost done with the robot parts but her human sections are pretty rare, I would be willing to trade some dead orbalisks that I hear used to be connected to Bane for information on the shady guy.
    Weird gray hair. Carries a stick. Dark blue eyes. Probably not someone who doesn't exist in real life or fiction, nor one that I'm making up off the top of my head, why do you ask?

If you want to find random body parts, you could always ask Carbonite Storage. I heard they have Lumiya's liver from a botched experiment. Though that one's pretty old, and may or may not resemble a suspiciously large chicken liver.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

3. - Top - End - #603

Weird gray hair. Carries a stick. Dark blue eyes. Probably not someone who doesn't exist in real life or fiction, nor one that I'm making up off the top of my head, why do you ask?

If you want to find random body parts, you could always ask Carbonite Storage. I heard they have Lumiya's liver from a botched experiment. Though that one's pretty old, and may or may not resemble a suspiciously large chicken liver.
    Eh, organs are a bit annoying and not very useful for my purposes, but anyway here's the orbalisks:

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, organs are a bit annoying and not very useful for my purposes, but anyway here's the orbalisks:
    That's a pineapple someone left out to dry so long that a trilobite came in and used it as a replacement shell.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

-Squire Doodad

5. - Top - End - #605
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Where are you people getting these Sith parts, all I have is the few pieces of a failed Jedi that I managed to scrape off the bottom of an acid tank.

Though I do have an old government nameplate of a Jedi who apparently quit the order to join a terriorist movement trying to take over the planet's government. Oboe-wand Ken-no-buy I think it was.
    Last edited by goodpeople25; 2019-08-24 at 02:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Are you telling me that in SW biological hands can take a blaster to the back and continue working? Because Luke's hand does that, and it is shown to be fully functional including feeling, so yes, I'd call that an upgrade over the original.

Grey Wolf
    Isn't it canonical in Star Wars that mechanical replacements are not Force-sensitive, even when attached to a Force user? Anakin Skywalker was supposed to be a prodigy, the most powerful Force user ever, but Darth Vader is merely very strong, because so much of his body has been replaced with mechanical prosthetics. So, the artificial hand would be an upgrade for a regular dude, but a downgrade for a Force user like Luke.

7. - Top - End - #607

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Isn't it canonical in Star Wars that mechanical replacements are not Force-sensitive, even when attached to a Force user? Anakin Skywalker was supposed to be a prodigy, the most powerful Force user ever, but Darth Vader is merely very strong, because so much of his body has been replaced with mechanical prosthetics. So, the artificial hand would be an upgrade for a regular dude, but a downgrade for a Force user like Luke.
    Actually it's Legendary rather than canonical - the Legendsverse paints cyborgization as something that inevitably weakens a Force User and reduces the maximum that they can achieve.

The newcanon doesn't - emphasising that cyborgization did not make Vader's capabilities with The Force any worse.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

8. - Top - End - #608

Lizardfolk

I got Darth Maul's legs in storage. Do you guys do Republic Credits?
    Which pair? I am collecting them..m
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    What makes you think the existence of multiple options means one of them is necessarily acceptable?
    One of the aspects of growing up is realising that no option is perfect- or you could be Hel and throw a tantrum when you don’t get everything your way 100%
    No one forced Hel to take the bet. She has to accept the consequences of her actions. She could just cut her losses and say okay I forfeit the bet.
    Why are people falling over themselves to excuse her? Some misplaced white knight syndrome?
    Her plan just in this case caused the death of dozens of clerics and practically wiped out an entire elemental cult unless the godsmoot clerics raise them
    Strange how no one mentions that instead it’s poor Hel it’s not her fault she’s torturing people 🤦*♂️
    'Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! “The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered, crying:'Auta i lómë!" The night is passing!"

10. - Top - End - #610

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Punches have no pointy end and no rifle attached
    Clearly you've been using the wrong boxing gloves.

Would it be crass if I tried to start a discussion about how ridiculous fallout's ballistic fist weapon is just to add to the pileup going on here?

11. - Top - End - #611

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    Actually it's Legendary rather than canonical - the Legendsverse paints cyborgization as something that inevitably weakens a Force User and reduces the maximum that they can achieve.

The newcanon doesn't - emphasising that cyborgization did not make Vader's capabilities with The Force any worse.
    Oh, OK. Add that to the list of things I thought was canon but apparently isn't anymore, then!

12. - Top - End - #612

That's a pineapple someone left out to dry so long that a trilobite came in and used it as a replacement shell.
    What! No, no, no. It's definitely not that, I swear I found it on Ambria, not on the semi-elemental plane of pineapples.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodpeople25 View Post
    Where are you people getting these Sith parts, all I have is the few pieces of a failed Jedi that I managed to scrape off the bottom of an acid tank.

Though I do have an old government nameplate of a Jedi who apparently quit the order to join a terriorist movement trying to take over the planet's government. Oboe-wand Ken-no-buy I think it was.
    I don't know how the other people got theirs but I just travel around wherever Lumiya's been for her spare parts and I know a girl who knows Caedus and removed his head for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post
    Clearly you've been using the wrong boxing gloves.

Would it be crass if I tried to start a discussion about how ridiculous fallout's ballistic fist weapon is just to add to the pileup going on here?
    Nope, we started selling body parts on day 3, we're going to need to figure out something else to do until the next strip comes on, presumably we'll start actually talking about Miko soon enough if the thread moves at this pace.
    Oh, OK. Add that to the list of things I thought was canon but apparently isn't anymore, then!
    I didn't realize it wasn't canon anymore either, though the force weakening didn't prove all that important to Luke, who was able to become magic force being a few times and the only time it mattered was wan anti-tech field he went to that turned off his hand (and his lightsaber).

13. - Top - End - #613

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Edit: also, why are we still arguing about “Mary Sue”? I’m tempted to start putting anyone who continues to use that tired overused phrase on ignore.
    Have you any idea how short these threads would be if we all did that?
    Or how utopian?

14. - Top - End - #614
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post

Also, wasn't legend Canon that Vader wasn't (and wasn't supposed to be) the strongest force user ever? IIRC Luke was the strongest ever in Legends, and I think Bane, the Sith'ari, and Revan may have been stronger than Vader; Anakin was the Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force, but that didn't say anything about his power, just what he would do.

Not entirely sure on that, but I think that's how it shook out.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    Have you any idea how short these threads would be if we all did that?
    Or how utopian?
    Approximately 15% shorter and 2% more utopian.

Everyone starts arguing about Redcloak's Niece instead.

-Squire Doodad

16. - Top - End - #616

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Also, wasn't legend Canon that Vader wasn't (and wasn't supposed to be) the strongest force user ever? IIRC Luke was the strongest ever in Legends, and I think Bane, the Sith'ari, and Revan may have been stronger than Vader; Anakin was the Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force, but that didn't say anything about his power, just what he would do.

I'm pretty sure that Anakin had the most pure power, but the other ones didn't have to deal with losing it due to mechanical power and so were able to grow their knowledge and ability, and they all also lived longer IIRC (Revan was technically centuries old at time of death but he spent most of it entombed in magic Sith tube stuff doing nothing but talking with the ghost of the Jedi Exile, whatshername).

17. - Top - End - #617
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I'm pretty sure that Anakin had the most pure power, but the other ones didn't have to deal with losing it due to mechanical power and so were able to grow their knowledge and ability, and they all also lived longer IIRC (Revan was technically centuries old at time of death but he spent most of it entombed in magic Sith tube stuff doing nothing but talking with the ghost of the Jedi Exile, whatshername).
    Mitra Surik?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Approximately 15% shorter and 2% more utopian.

Everyone starts arguing about Redcloak's Niece instead.
    Poor example. Redcloak's niece is 117% Mary Sue.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

19. - Top - End - #619

Mitra Surik?
    Yep, I knew it but couldn't remember it.

20. - Top - End - #620

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Poor example. Redcloak's niece is 117% Mary Sue.
    If a female character goes unseen for 1000+ strips, is never mentioned, and the only characteristic we know of her is 'probably not dead?', even then someone on the Internet will call her a Mary Sue.
    (not claiming you meant that sincerely; I can occasionally detect sarcasm)

21. - Top - End - #621

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    If a female character goes unseen for 1000+ strips, is never mentioned, and the only characteristic we know of her is 'probably not dead?', even then someone on the Internet will call her a Mary Sue.
    (not claiming you meant that sincerely; I can occasionally detect sarcasm)
    We also know she wasn't irredeemably Evil when she was a child, that clearly makes her unreasonably perfect.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

We also know she wasn't irredeemably Evil when she was a child, that clearly makes her unreasonably perfect.
    Yes. Anyone with an iota of good not shown to be the embodiment of evil is therefore implausibly good in all respects, no?

-Squire Doodad

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mjasghar View Post
    Why are people falling over themselves to excuse her?
    You'd have to ask them. Or if you're asking about me for some reason...It's trivially easy for Hel to have had a horrific plan and have legitimate grievances at the same time. The only people involved with the bet I'm excusing for it are the dwarves, who got no say in it...and are as stuck as Hel is, which apparently is easy to forget about.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

24. - Top - End - #624

Yes. Anyone with an iota of good not shown to be the embodiment of evil is therefore implausibly good in all respects, no?
    Of course! Every single female character in OOTS barring [insert female character you have an undue obsession with because she is pure evil] is a Mary Sue and anyone who says otherwise is irredeemably evil.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You'd have to ask them. Or if you're asking about me for some reason...It's trivially easy for Hel to have had a horrific plan and have legitimate grievances at the same time. The only people involved with the bet I'm excusing for it are the dwarves, who got no say in it...and are as stuck as Hel is, which apparently is easy to forget about.
    Maybe not. If Hel dies the dwarves may be free of the bet, and Hel might die.

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Particle_Man View Post
    Maybe not. If Hel dies the dwarves may be free of the bet, and Hel might die.
    Pretty sure Hel would be free of the bet (or at the very least, of being able to care about the bet) if she died, regardless of if the dwarves were.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

****Attention Galactic citizens, this is an announcement from the Senate Bureau of Intelligence****

It has come to the Bureau's attention that several actions classified as level-3 threats to the Galactic Republic have taken course within this sector.
    The actions in question are :
    - Several counts of trafficking of restricted Sith Artifacts including body parts.

The Bureau wishes to remind Republic Citizens, that due to the actions, goals and ressources demonstrated and used by the Sith Cult, any and all artifact associated with it automatically falls under the purview of the Class-A Weapons Act-0017 Subsection A and thus must immediately upon discovery be delivered to Republic authorities for safe-keeping by the Jedi Order.
    Therefore, any attempt to keep, sell or otherwise conceal the existence of such an artifact from Republic Authorities is classified as an act of treason and will result in the approtiate legal actions.

The Bureau commands any individual currently in possession of Sith Artifacts (includinbg body parts) to immediately contact their local law enforcement agency for review by certified SBI Agents. Failure to comply will result in the use of lethal force.

****End of announcement****

I thought the identity of the Sith'Ari wasn't clear with Revan, Bane, Sidious and Vader all being potential candidates.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

28. - Top - End - #628

HalflingRogueGuy

Pretty sure Hel would be free of the bet (or at the very least, of being able to care about the bet) if she died, regardless of if the dwarves were.
    So you’re saying rodecloak’s niece will be the new god of death?

Or will Belkar be the god of death?

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    So you’re saying rodecloak’s niece will be the new god of death?
    Rodecloak? I'm pretty sure he's the demigod of Horsemen's Capes, and his niece is the demigoddess of Capes Of Horseriders Who Are Not Horsemen Per Se.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

Rodecloak? I'm pretty sure he's the demigod of Horsemen's Capes, and his niece is the demigoddess of Capes Of Horseriders Who Are Not Horsemen Per Se.
    Glad to learn that Eowyn is moving up in the world.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.