New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Vestiges Type II

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Haures, a 6th level vestige, grants mind blank. He also gives majors image, incorporeal movement, and phantasmal killer, so he's quite good.
    Very nice.

Hmm, so it's actually easier for a binder to get mind blank than other classes. What else would you call a bonus that derives from enjoying what you are doing?
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Very nice.

Hmm, so it's actually easier for a binder to get mind blank than other classes. What else would you call a bonus that derives from enjoying what you are doing?
    Could be null like Arcane strike. Or you can make it so it just isn't [Mind-Affecting]

Other common types that could apply would be insight (hurting people helps point out weak points) or Luck (the vestige is guiding your hand) or circumstance.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #123

BardGuy

Could be null like Arcane strike. Or you can make it so it just isn't [Mind-Affecting]

Other common types that could apply would be insight (hurting people helps point out weak points) or Luck (the vestige is guiding your hand) or circumstance.
    Insight sounds good. We'll call it an insight bonus.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Vestiges Type II

I'd be interested in creating one when I get enough time - aside from the perma-permissions (which I'm happy to look at as well), who has requested one that hasn't been completed yet? Is there a list somewhere?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Exarch Anchovius, Bishop of the Dead (Extra Anchovies)

Exarch Anchovius was a cleric of a god of healing who fell to undeath and spat upon the face of the gods themselves.

Vestige Level: 5th.
    Binding DC: 23.
    Special Requirement: You may not bind Anchovius if you are a servant of the gods.

Spoiler: Servant of the Gods
    Show
    Servants of the Gods: This term indicates any outsider that lacks the native subtype, any creature capable of casting divine spells (or using spell-like abilities specifically flagged as divine) other than Ur-Priests, any creature capable of initiating Devoted Spirit maneuvers (including any creature with levels in a class which grants them even if they have no Devoted Spirit maneuvers known, but not if the class can grant a set of choices for disciplines and they chose not to have Devoted Spirit), any creature with an Aura of Alignment like that of a cleric or paladin (such as a non-casting paladin or an incarnate), Incarnations, or any creature with divine ranks.

Legend: Exarch Anchovius was once a great bishop in the service of a god of healing (some claim Pelor, some claim an older generation of gods) back when the gods still acted upon the Prime, who worked to cleanse the world of the undead and suffering wherever he could. It was his holy task to eradicate the evil of undeath, and in a moment of hubris he even took it upon himself to put an end to the worship of the gods of undeath.

The opposition Anchovius faced was more than he could handle on his own, and when he petitioned the church for aid they claimed that their duty as healers was more important than dying a fight they couldn’t win. The exarch prayed to his god, demanding the aid of celestial forces, demanding a crusade of heaven against this dread worship, and heaven did not answer. The forces of darkness ceased Anchovius and he found himself brought before the very god whose worship he had tried to destroy.

Beaten, broken, and abandoned to his fate Anchovius was given a choice: Convert or have his soul consumed. Anchovius chose to convert, swearing allegiance to the dark god he found his flesh flayed from his bones, his life taken from him but it was not the end. Anchovius rose again, one of the very undead creatures he had sworn to eradicate. Where the god of healing had refused to support his crusade, the god of the dead aided him, giving him legions of the undead to wipe the forces he once served from the world.

He attacked at the High Summit, upon their holiest of days an army of the undead burst onto the floor. The healers were overwhelmed by the assault, the undead warded against holy power that they would have used to cleanse them, and Exarch Anchovius approached the head of the church and personally laid him low. Now the angels of heaven arrived, the slaughter well under way, and Anchovius cursed the name of the god that he once served upon the bloodstained floor of the temple. The gods of justice and war sent their aid, paladins and knights cutting swathes in the undead, and the angels seized Exarch Anchovius and he found himself transported to the very foot of the god he had betrayed.

Once again faced with an angry god Anchovius was given a choice. Repent or be obliterated. If he forswore the path of darkness he had been forced upon, if he pled for forgiveness he would be allowed to die and pass into heaven, if he did not he would be destroyed utterly.

Anchovius spat upon the face of his former god.

Manifestation: Exarch Anchovius emerges from the seal one bone at a time, reforming a complete skeleton bit by bit. Once his skull has finished reconstituting itself his clothes begin to form around him, a religious vestment of extravagant design. EXARCH ANCHOVIUS SPEAKS IN A DEEP VOICE THAT SOUNDS OF THE TOMB AND DESPAIR.

Sign: Bony growths form across your flesh almost like a second skin.

Influence: While under Anchovius’s influence you are required to forgo any religious rites or acts of subservience to the gods.

Granted Powers: Exarch Anchovius grants you his bony skin, the power to feed upon fear, to protect the undead from righteous might, and to punish the servants of the gods and those who rely upon negative and positive energy.

Feed on Fear: As a swift action you may remove the shaken, frightened, panicked, and/or cowering condition from one creature within 5 ft. If you do so you gain a +1 profane bonus to attack rolls, saving throws, skill and ability checks, and damage for 1 minute, this increases to +2 if you removed the frightened condition, and +4 if you removed the panicked or cowering condition. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Nullify Turning: While Exarch Anchovius is bound you gain Turn Immunity, and cannot be Turned or Rebuked by Turn (or Rebuke) Undead or any other Turn or Rebuke ability which would affect you. Creatures within 60 ft of you gain +4 turn resistance.

Ossified Form: Bony growths cover your form protecting you from harm and granting you DR equal to one half your binder level overcome by damage that is both bludgeoning and magic (i.e. DR ½ binder level/bludgeoning and magic). You must show Exarch Anchovius’s sign to gain this benefit.

Punish the Living and the Dead: When a creature within 60 ft of you channels positive energy or negative energy you may punish them as an immediate action; turn or rebuke undead, any conjuration (healing) spell, any necromantic spell which inflicts negative levels, any necromantic death effect, any energy draining effect, any Devoted Spirit maneuver which heals, and any other effect which the DM deems to be based upon positive or negative energy is applicable. When you punish a creature they take 1d6 damage per 3 binder levels (Will halves). This is negative energy if they channeled positive energy, and positive energy if they channeled negative energy. A creature is never healed by this effect and if they would be they simply take no damage instead. Once you use this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Smite the Faithful: When you make a melee attack you may declare it a smite upon the forces of the gods and the undead he once fought. If used against a creature which is a servant of the gods (see spoiler below for definition) or an undead you may add your Charisma modifier to hit and your binder level to damage. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Spoiler: Servant of the Gods
    Show
    Servants of the Gods: This term indicates any outsider that lacks the native subtype, any creature capable of casting divine spells (or using spell-like abilities specifically flagged as divine) other than Ur-Priests, any creature capable of initiating Devoted Spirit maneuvers (including any creature with levels in a class which grants them even if they have no Devoted Spirit maneuvers known, but not if the class can grant a set of choices for disciplines and they chose not to have Devoted Spirit), any creature with an Aura of Alignment like that of a cleric or paladin (such as a non-casting paladin or an incarnate), Incarnations, or any creature with divine ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    I'd be interested in creating one when I get enough time - aside from the perma-permissions (which I'm happy to look at as well), who has requested one that hasn't been completed yet? Is there a list somewhere?
    No one has collected a list this thread. Most of 'em are technically on the permapermissions thread, but in this thread...

Dire Stirge has given permission. Marlowe has posted in the thread which is probably the same (since they're on the permapermissions thread anyway). Vizzerdrix. digiman619. Fizban. thethird. weckar (wants to be level 1). LordOfCain. Jormengand. ImperatorV. TheifofZ.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-03 at 01:41 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Exarch Anchovius, Bishop of the Dead (Extra Anchovies)

Exarch Anchovius was a cleric of a god of healing who fell to undeath and spat upon the face of the gods themselves.
    eeeee~

Manifestation: Exarch Anchovius emerges from the seal one bone at a time, reforming a complete skeleton bit by bit. Once his skull has finished reconstituting itself his clothes begin to form around him, a religious vestment of extravagant design. EXARCH ANCHOVIUS SPEAKS IN A DEEP VOICE THAT SOUNDS OF THE TOMB AND DESPAIR.
    Oh, that is too cool. The granted abilities are all pretty neat as well - I like that it provides some uses for swift and immediate actions, something the Binder doesn't have terribly many of. Bravo! I might have to request this piece of homebrew if I ever get around to playing a Binder
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I grant permission. About time I stopped watching these threads and posted. I am a fan of having minions to do my dirty work, and enjoy anime and military history. If I could be anything, I might be a mildly insane wizard-king with a space battleship, an army of mini-mecha with fanatically loyal pilots, and a bunch of shanghai'd magical girls in varying degrees of doubt regarding my benign intentions for the universe but following instructions anyway.

...That actually sounds like a really cool idea for a show.
    So a Gundam villain with a bunch of confused magical girls under their thumb... sounds like you should talk to Marlowe.

No magical girls or space battleships, but I might be able to do something with mini-mecha and minions.

The Imperator Mark V

Imperator Mark V was the greatest accomplishment of an ancient civilization before it fell to possession of the Great Old One used to power it and had to be destroyed.
    Vestige Level: 5th.
    Binding DC: 25.

Legend: The Imperator Mark V was the creation of an ancient kingdom, the ultimate weapon a construct of titanic proportions and near god-like power. With it they intended to bring the rest of the world to heel, and reduce their foes to their vassals.

To create the titanic construct the ancient artificers had tapped into the life essence of an Ancient One that had been sealed beneath their kingdom. While this granted the Imperator Mark V the power its previous iterations (Mark I through IV) had lacked, the power it needed to perform the task they desired of it, it was in the end a fatal design flaw. When they put the Imperator Mark V into its first true battle, it went berserk tearing free of the magic spells that had proven many times over strong enough in simulated combat. It turned upon its creators destroying them and their enemies and began to stride across the continent as a force of destruction and despair.

After many hard fought battles the Imperator Mark V was brought low. Its animating essence was expelled from the construct and the gathered heroes attempted to destroy it. Still it had mingled with the essence of an Ancient One and they merely managed to banish it from reality and into the distant void. The Imperator Mark V was disassembled, the five autonomous units that made it up scattered across five continents themselves further disassembled. Some claim that the animating essence, now a vestige, still hungers for its old form subtly guiding those who bind it towards its reconstruction.

Manifestation: Five constructs emerge from the edge of the seal and transforming into a pair of legs, arms, and a head and torso, they form the Imperator Mark V. This construct towers over the would be binder, appearing roughly 8 times his height as it speaks down onto the binder until the pact is made.

Sign: The Imperator Mark V appears around you as glowing armor of force and energy. All abilities of Imperator Mark V are lost when the sign is suppressed, however you may detach individual portions of Imperator Mark V.

Influence: The Imperator Mark V was a creature of battle and war which in combat went out of control and in its berserk state destroyed its creators. While under its influence it demands you fight to the last once you have engaged in battle and that you do not flee; you may freely retreat if you are attacked as long as you have not yet counter-attacked (even self-buffing or talking does not prevent this, only actions that would break sanctuary or invisibility). If you order the pieces of the Mark V to attack it is the same as you attacking (for this influence).

Granted Powers: The Imperator Mark V grants you the five mini-mechs which formed its body in the shape of constructs to serve your bidding which may form around you in an armor of force.

Mark V – Head and Torso: You gain a +5 armor bonus to AC, this is a force effect and is increased by +1 for each other piece of the Mark V currently on you. In addition you may see invisible and ethereal creatures as if with See Invisibility.

Mark V – Left Arm: As a standard action you may make a melee touch attack which inflicts 1d3 damage per binder level with a critical hit multiplier of x4. When you use this ability your hand shines with the light equivalent to a torch. For each other piece of the Mark V currently on you this deals +1 damage/die. Once you use this ability you must wait 5 rounds before using it again.

Mark V – Right Leg: You gain a fly speed equal to your land speed, +5 ft per additional piece of the Mark V currently on you, with poor maneuverability. If you have all pieces of the Mark V currently on you this increases to Good maneuverability.

Mark V – Right Arm: You gain a natural slam attack which deals 1d6 damage usable as a primary or secondary natural weapon. In addition you may fire forth solid bolts of force from your hand. This functions as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 50 ft (max range 10 range increments) which deals 2d6 force damage per hit. You may make a full attack with these force bolts as a full round action, if you do you may make an additional attack at -3 after each attack granted by your BAB (and not from other sources) or a haste spell and made with the force bolts; you may not make more bonus attacks from this ability than you have other pieces of the Mark V currently on you.

Mark V – Left Leg: You gain a +4 competence bonus to Balance checks, all rolls made to resist being tripped, overrun, or bull rushed, as well as saving throws to avoid being rendered prone or being moved. For each additional piece of the Mark V currently on you, you gain an additional +2.

Remote Combat System: As a standard action you may cause a single piece of the Mark V to leave your body (the head and torso are considered one piece for this ability) and manifest as an independent creature under your control. This functions as astral construct manifested at a manifester level 6 lower than your effective binder level and fully augmented. While the Mark V piece is off of your body you lose the associated ability (listed above). If a piece of the Mark V is destroyed while manifested in this way it reforms on your body after 10 minutes but cannot be manifested with this ability again for 1 hour. As a standard action you may return a piece of the Mark V manifested with this ability that you can touch to your body (causing the creature to vanish). A Mark V piece that is returned to your body and manifested again retains any damage or even spell effects it received although it heals 1/6th of its max hp per 10 minutes not manifested and durations are still reduced as normal (unbinding and re-binding the Mark V ends any effects on it).

The pieces of the Mark V must remain within 30 ft of you per binder level or they cease to function becoming completely inert and helpless until you return into range or 5 minutes pass at which point they self-destruct exploding in a 40 ft dealing 3d6 force damage/binder level within the area (Reflex halves) and destroying themselves. When destroyed outside of this range the Mark V piece still returns to you.

The Mark V pieces do not gain the normal astral construct options and benefits. Instead they gain certain benefits based upon what piece they are. This is sometimes identical to the benefits available to a standard astral construct.
    • Head & Torso: It gains a +2 increase to its natural armor and the ability to see invisibility. If your binder level is 13 or higher it gains a +4 increase to its natural armor instead of +2. If your binder level is 19 or higher it gains DR 10/- (instead of 10/magic) and can see through all illusions as per true seeing with a range of 30 ft (it can't report back on what it sees however).
    • Left Arm: The critical damage multiplier on its slam attack increases to x3 and whenever it hits a creature it deals +1 damage per 2 points higher than the target’s AC its attack roll was (if it gets a nat 20 and would have missed otherwise it gets +0 damage). If your binder level is 13 or higher its critical threat range with its slam attack increases to 19-20/x2 and it deals +1 damage per point higher than the target’s AC its attack roll was instead of per 2 points. If your binder level is 19 or higher if it rolls max (normally an 8) damage with its slam attack it deals an additional +1d8+Str damage.
    • Left Leg: It gains the Trip ability (see Astral Construct option A list). If your binder level is 13 or higher it may make a bonus attack (at its highest attack bonus) whenever it trips a creature and gains a +4 bonus on trip attempts, in addition if a creature it threatens falls prone due to a reason other than it tripping them it may make an attack of opportunity against them. If your binder level is 19 or higher it gains a +4 bonus to its Strength score.
    • Right Arm: It may make a ranged touch attack which deals 1d8 force damage with a range increment of 15 ft (max range 150 ft), or if it is able to make 2 slam attacks as a full attack it may make a full attack with two of these attacks. If your binder level is 13 or higher each of these attacks deals 2d6 damage instead. If your binder level is 19 or higher it may make a third attack with its force bolts when it uses a full attack.
    • Right Leg: It gains jets on its back and a fly speed of 40 ft (clumsy). If your binder level is 13 or higher it instead gains a fly speed of 80 ft (clumsy). If your binder level is 19 or higher its maneuverability becomes good.

For Contractors: Devouring Void (see Contractor, Doomsayer, or spoiler)

Spoiler: Devouring Void
    Show
    Devouring Void:
    Effective Level: 4th
    School: Abjuration/Evocation [Force].
    Casting Time: Standard action.
    Range: Medium
    Target: 1 creature
    Duration: Instantaneous.
    Saving Throw: Will halves.
    Spell Resistance: Yes.
    You invoke spiritual and physical vacuum cutting through the target and the spiritual powers which fuel them.
    The target takes 1d6 force damage per 2 caster levels you possess, a successful Will save halves this damage. In addition it functions like a targeted dispel magic on the target but has no maximum caster level bonus to its dispel checks and may only dispel divine spell effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    eeeee~

Oh, that is too cool. The granted abilities are all pretty neat as well - I like that it provides some uses for swift and immediate actions, something the Binder doesn't have terribly many of. Bravo! I might have to request this piece of homebrew if I ever get around to playing a Binder
    What can I say I love Christopher Lee's Death of the Discworld's voice. And thanks (I am of the belief that if Swift/Immediate actions are a thing everybody ought to have the option to use them).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-02 at 09:55 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

So if Marlowe is Gundam with confused magical girls, and I Kshatriya with a bunch of dark magical girls?
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #129

The Imperator Mark V
    This is amazing. Also somehow you ended up involving an Eldritch Abomination, which is another favorite thing of mine I didn't mention.

Mechanically, it's also amazing. It gives personal power-ups that can be detached to form minions - perfect for a strong expansionist military leader that wants minions but sometimes prefers to fight himself.

Great homebrew as usual Zaydos, it fits me while being something mechanically I would use over most alternatives if given the chance.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    I would be interested in seeing someone try to make a vestige of "me," since if I'm not a Servant Soul then I must be a Dimensional Conduit. Which are both classes with a similar idea to the Binder of borrowing other people's power, except way better at it. So an individual vestige trying to ape classes bigger than the Binder, seems unfeasible.

One could instead make use of the pretentious title I've decided to give this character: based on my refusal to act in-character as "Fizban," I call this hypothetical Dimensional Conduit (Servant Soul/Legacy Gatekeeper/Base Chameleon/Avatar/Factotum/Wilder) the Thief of Names. Although that would imply a Vestige based on Truenaming, which I don't want to be anywhere near
    Eh, here's something at least. Comes with a free feat thrown in.

Fizban, Who Lived Many Lives

Fizban was an eternal champion who escaped the cycle of reincarnation by plunging himself into the void of the vestiges… or perhaps that still lies in his future.
    Vestige Level: 4th.
    Binding DC: 21.

Legend: Legend tells that Fizban was an (the?) eternal champion, a hero respun time and time again by reality into a myriad of lives all across the multiverse and perhaps beyond into the omniverse. Fizban awoke to his status as one entity spun into a million or more lives, as a being which was woven throughout all of reality, and slowly but surely this drove him mad.

Memories flooded his mind, recollections of fighting for the Lords of Chaos, fighting against the Ancient Ones, serving in the name of the Lords of Law, and more. Serving first one cause and then its opposition, always in the name of the Greater Good of the Balance of the cosmos. Memories of wielding magic dire and swords even more fierce, memories of a thousand lives. With each life the barrier between these memories grew weaker and weaker and Fizban’s despair and exhaustion grew deeper and deeper.

At last Fizban could take no more and he sought escape by plunging himself into the void. He studied it, becoming a vestige of his own will to try and escape the call of reality, but he found that even this escape would not suffice for he found that he could still be called, and he had no choice but to heed the calls of those who would bind him.

Some versions of the tale postulate that Fizban has not yet escaped into the void, that in its timeless space he can be called from a future not yet wrought, and that he still lives and still has a myriad of lives to live. Some take this even further and claim that Fizban is the last vestige, and that every vestige was but one of his many lives. Other binders consider these crackpots total nuts.

Manifestation: Fizban appears as a twisted mirror of the one that would bind ‘him’. Fizban may dress differently, bear scars of battles they never fought, differences in grooming and style, even a different race, but Fizban is always recognizable as the one who would bind ‘him’. When making the pact, Fizban refers to ‘his’ would be binder as ‘other me’, ‘my other self’, and similar terms almost as if ‘he’ considered them just another of ‘his’ many lives. ‘His’ side of making the pact is mostly resentful resignation that ‘he’ has no choice but to bind to the would be pact maker, but ‘he’ will do ‘his’ best to do nothing even while bound.

Sign: Your features reverse as if you were your own mirror image including which hand is dominant (and the location of your heart and other asymmetrical internal organs).

Influence: While under Fizban’s influence you are grasped by a great lethargy, and general experience of being fed up with having to do great deeds and a desire to just relax into a slovenly sabbatical. You may not take any action which does not provide you with immediate rewards, although this can include such rewards as ‘not being killed’ or ‘getting the party rogue to stop poking me with a stick while demanding I go on the adventure’.

Granted Powers: Fizban grants those who bind him a shadow of the skills he held in some of his lives, and a limited ability to choose their own fate.

Moment of Divergence: When Fizban is bound you may find yourself assailed with moments of duality where you stand upon the twin paths of reality and choose one. While Fizban is bound you may call upon one of these moments as a swift action. The next skill check you make before the end of the round you may roll twice and take the better result; this has no effect on skills that require longer than 1 full round to perform. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Two-Fold Aspect: When you bind Fizban choose two of the abilities below. You gain these abilities for as long as Fizban is bound.

• Aspect of the Berserker: When an opponent strikes you, the injury does not immediately affect you. You have a delayed damage pool that allows you to forestall the effects of many injuries. This pool begins at 0 with each encounter. When you are attacked, any hit point damage the blow deals is added to your delayed damage pool. At the end of your next turn, you take damage equal to the total stored in your delayed damage pool, which then resets to 0. Any healing you receive can either increase your current hit point total as normal or reduce the total damage in your delayed damage pool. When you receive healing, you choose whether it affects your damage pool, your hit points, or both (you can split the amount of healing as you wish). Most binders opt to keep as much damage in their delayed damage pool as possible to maximize the benefit of this ability's second function. Special effects tied to an attack, such as energy drain, stun, and so forth, still affect you as normal, and their effects are not delayed by this ability. For example, if you are bitten by a venomous spider, you must still attempt a Fortitude save against the poison immediately, even though the bite damage shifts into your delayed damage pool. By the same token, any other special attack that imposes a condition, such as a medusa’s petrifying gaze, takes immediate effect on you. Your delayed damage pool may hold up to 5 damage per binder level and you gain a +1 bonus to Strength per 5 points of damage in your delayed damage pool and DR equal to 1/5th the damage in the pool which is not overcome by any alignment or material (DR 1/- per 5 points in the pool); this DR remains until after the damage empties from your pool at the end of your turn and applies to damage as it empties from your pool as well as damage dealt while you have damage in the pool. If you have multiple delayed damage pools you may choose which one damage goes into, but they do not trigger due to damage in each other.
    • Aspect of the Blessed: You gain the ability to cast divine spells as a 1st level favored soul, plus 1 effective favored soul level per 3 binder levels (max 8th at 21st). You do not select your spells known instead you know the spells listed below by their level, you learn all listed 0 and 1st level spells, all listed 2nd level spells when your effective favored soul level reaches 4th, all listed 3rd level spells when it reaches 6th, and all listed 4th level spells when it reaches 8th. 0 level: Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Mending, Purify Food and Drink. 1st level: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith. 2nd level: Align Weapon, Cure Moderate Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Silence, and Spiritual Weapon. 3rd level: Cure Serious Wounds, Daylight, Invisibility Purge, Remove Curse, and Speak with Dead. 4th level: Cure Critical Wounds, Death Ward, Dimensional Anchor, Restoration.
    • Aspect of the Champion: You gain maneuvers from the list to follow. You are considered to know the first two maneuvers, plus one per 3 binder levels you possess, you gain these maneuvers in order not picking freely from the list. You may ready 1 of those maneuvers +1 per 5 binder levels (max 5 at 20th). The maneuvers are: Leading the Attack, Steel Wind, Wall of Blades (3rd), Lion’s Roar (6th), White Raven Strike (9th), Iron Heart Focus (12th), Manticore Parry (15th), Clarion Call (18th), and Lightning Throw (21st). In addition you are considered to know the first one stance from the following list, plus the next one on it for every 6 binder levels beyond 1st. Punishing Stance, Tactics of the Wolf (7th), Dancing Blade Form (13th), Swarm Tactics (19th). Finally you gain +2 to Balance and Diplomacy checks.
    • Aspect of the Knight: You gain proficiency in all martial and simple melee weapons, and Power Attack as a bonus feat. If your effective binder level is at least 4th you gain Cleave. If your effective binder level is at least 8th you gain Great Cleave. If your effective binder level is at least 12th you gain +1 to hit and +2 damage with all melee weapons. If your effective binder level is at least 16th your critical threat range doubles with melee weapons (this does not stack with Improved Critical or Keen). If your effective binder level is at least 20th you gain +1 BAB (to a maximum of +20 BAB).
    • Aspect of the Summoner: You gain the ability to bind an additional vestige. This must be a 1st level vestige if your binder level is 8 or less, a 1st or 2nd level vestige if your binder level is at least 9 but less than 19, or a 3rd level or lower vestige if your binder level is 19 or higher.
    • Aspect of the Thief: You gain the Trapfinding special ability (as a rogue) and a +1 bonus on Disable Device, Search, and all Dexterity based skill checks +1 per 3 binder levels and may make such skill checks untrained. In addition you suffer no penalty to Hide or Move Silently checks at no penalty when moving at full speed (you still suffer full normal penalties for running or charging or other penalties not related to moving at full speed).
    • Aspect of the Witch: You gain the ability to cast arcane spells as a 1st level sorcerer, plus 1 effective sorcerer level per 3 binder levels (max 8th at 21st). You do not select your spells known instead you know the spells listed below by their level, you learn all listed 0 and 1st level spells, all listed 2nd level spells when your effective sorcerer level reaches 4th, all listed 3rd level spells when it reaches 6th, and all listed 4th level spells when it reaches 8th. 0 level: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, and Read Magic. 1st level: Detect Secret Doors, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile. 2nd level: Glitterdust, Invisibility, Scorching Ray, and See Invisibility. 3rd level: Fireball, Haste, and Phantom Steed. 4th level: Dimension Door, Ice Storm.

For Contractors: Path of the Blackened Blade (Doomsayer invocation).

New Feat:

Vestige Mastery – Fizban [General]
    You have a greater mastery of the many aspected vestige Fizban.
    Prerequisites: Effective Binder Level 10, Favored Vestige (Fizban).
    Benefit: When you bind Fizban, the Many Lived, you may reduce your effective binder level for the purposes of the abilities he grants you by 3 to replace Two-Fold Aspect with Three-Fold Aspect allowing you to select 3 of his aspects instead of 2; if your effective binder level to bind Fizban, the Many Lived, is at least 14 you may reduce it by 6 (total) to gain a 4th aspect, if it is at least 17 you may reduce it by 9 to gain a 5th aspect, if it is at least 20 you may reduce it by 12 to gain a 6th aspect.

So if Marlowe is Gundam with confused magical girls, and I Kshatriya with a bunch of dark magical girls?
    No, Marlowe is a Gundam villain. Besides I thought you were more of a yandere... wait are you a yandere with yandere magical girl minions?

SPIDERS PROTECT ME!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    This is amazing. Also somehow you ended up involving an Eldritch Abomination, which is another favorite thing of mine I didn't mention.

Mechanically, it's also amazing. It gives personal power-ups that can be detached to form minions - perfect for a strong expansionist military leader that wants minions but sometimes prefers to fight himself.

Great homebrew as usual Zaydos, it fits me while being something mechanically I would use over most alternatives if given the chance.

I generally involve an Eldritch Abomination of some sort (arguably Vestiges are as a whole eldritch abominations even if they weren't in life). Though the question remains is it remotely balanced and I don't really know if it is.

Also have a feat.

Vestige Mastery – Imperator Mark V [General]
    You have a greater mastery of the ancient construct turned vestige the Imperator Mark V.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Imperator Mark V).
    Benefit: You may treat the Mark V Torso and Mark V Head as two separate pieces. Not only does this increase the benefit of those abilities based upon the number of pieces currently worn, but you may have the Mark V Torso and Mark V Head manifest as two separate Astral Constructs. The Torso loses the ability to See Invisibility and True Seeing, and the Head loses the increased natural armor and improved DR. If you have the Head Manifested you lose the ability to See Invisibility, but retain the armor bonus to AC as long as the Torso is not manifested and if the Torso is manifested you lose the armor bonus to AC but retain the ability to See Invisibility unless the Head is also manifested.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-03 at 03:13 PM.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

No, Marlowe is a Gundam villain. Besides I thought you were more of a yandere... wait are you a yandere with yandere magical girl minions?

SPIDERS PROTECT ME!!!!!
    Aw I love spiders! I could hang out with them all day!

Spider humor. Gotta love. Can't get rid of me.

12. - Top - End - #132

BardGuy

The Imperator Mark V
    When I read this, I thought of Vegnagun plus Erde Kaiser Sigma.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Aw I love spiders! I could hang out with them all day!
    -nomnomnom-
    Spider humor. Gotta love. Can't get rid of me.
    OOOOH FOOD! YES, FEED ME!

WAIT... OBVIOUS YANDERE OR FOOD? PRO: FOOD IS FOOD. CON: YANDERE WITH POTENTIAL YANDERE MINIONS... DECISIONS, DECISIONS...

This is when I'd make someone into Nanisan the Eater of Gifs, also non caps so it doesn't think I don't know how caps work.

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    When I read this, I thought of Vegnagun plus Erde Kaiser Sigma.
    Not familiar with either of those. My FF knowledge only extends up through 7 with some dives down side paths.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Dang Zaydos! Do you SLEEP!?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    He sleeps around this time and looks cute

16. - Top - End - #136
    Firbolg in the Playground

I couldn't think of anything funny.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Vestige Mastery Feats

Vestige Mastery - Al'Pala [Exalted]
    Your holy might improves when you bind the spirit of Loyalty.
    Prerequisites: Lawful alignment, Favored Vestige (Al'Pala).
    Benefit: While Al'Pala is bound, on your action, before making attack rolls for a round, you may choose to subtract a number from all melee attack rolls and whenever you successfully strike in melee a creature whose alignment is not within 1 step of yours and which poses an immediate threat to you or your allies you may heal one ally (including yourself) within 30 ft 2 hit points per point of penalty you took on attack rolls. You may choose to heal ability damage at a cost of 6 hp that would be healed per point of ability damage healed, or negative levels at a cost of 20 hp that would be healed per negative level. You may not take a penalty to your attack rolls with this ability greater than your BAB.

Vestige Mastery – Bifrons [Vile]
    Your connection with Bifrons the Carrier of the Gray Death deepens.
    Prerequisites: Ability to speak Infernal, Favored Vestige (Bifrons), Perform 6 ranks.
    Benefit: While Bifrons is bound you gain +4 to your Charisma. In addition 1/day while Bifrons is bound you may use Remove Disease as if he granted the ability to do so. If you do you may then inflict another creature with one disease removed this way with a touch with an instantaneous onset (initial DC is as an ability granted by Bifrons). If you do not do so before your bind with Bifrons ends the disease is lost.

Vestige Mastery - Blackhawk [General]
    You are more adept at binding the warrior vestige Blackhawk the Slayer.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Blackhawk), at least one Stone Dragon Maneuver.
    Benefit: When you use Blackhawk the Slayer's Reckless Attack ability you gain an additional +1 to damage per 3 points of AC sacrificed. In addition you gain an additional granted power.

Grasp the Ground: When you would be knocked prone or forcibly moved from your square as an immediate action you may remain standing or not be moved (this ability does not prevent you from being shunted out of a physical object you teleported into, you must be wholly in the space before being moved out of it to use this ability). Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before

Vestige Mastery – Cerefel [General]
    You are more closely in tune with Cerefel the Song of Battle.
    Prerequisites: Charisma 15+, Favored Vestige (Cerefel), Perform 6 ranks.
    Benefit: When you bind Cerefel select one of Strain of Valiant Blows, Strain of the Warrior Maiden, or Strain of Inspiration. You cannot use that strain of her Song of Battle, and do not need to sing it to reset your ability to use the other strains, however when you use Stalling Strain it applies the effects of the chosen Strain. This choice remains in place until you bind Cerefel once more.

Vestige Mastery - Draconium [General]
    You extract more draconic power from the covetous vestige Draconium.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Draconium).
    Benefit: When you bind Draconium, Covetous Stretched too Far, he grants you the additional ability listed below. In addition your wealth is doubled for the purposes of his Miser's Smite.

His Kiss Flames: You gain a breath weapon dealing 1d6 fire damage per 2 binder levels plus fire damage equal to your charisma modifier in a 30 ft cone. A Reflex save halves this damage. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before using it again. In addition any other breath weapon you possess deals fire damage equal to your Charisma modifier in its area in addition to its regular effect(s).

Special: Happy now, Snowbluff?

Vestige Mastery – Exarch Anchovius [General]
    Your connection to Exarch Anchovius allows you to move life force from one creature to another.
    Prerequisites: Effective Binder Level 13, Favored Vestige (Exarch Anchovius), Knowledge (religion) 10 ranks.
    Benefit: While Exarch Anchovius is bound you may score critical hits against undead creatures. In addition if you score a critical hit upon a living or undead creature you may siphon its energy out of it inflicting 1 negative level upon them (this is a form of Energy Drain when used upon a living creature, and is positive energy based when used upon an undead creature), or 2 negative levels if your weapon has a critical damage multiplier of x3, or 3 if it has one of x4. When you do so you may channel the stolen life force into another creature within 30 ft, if you channel energy from a living creature into another living creature or from an undead creature into another undead creature they gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls, ability and skill checks, and saving throws for 1 minute and 5 temporary hit points per negative level you inflicted for 1 minute. If you channel the energy stolen from a living creature into an undead creature or an undead creature into a living creature they must make a Fortitude save or gain 1 negative level, this negative level only lasts for 5 rounds. The save DCs for this ability are as if it was granted by Exarch Anchovius.

Benefit: When you bind Fizban, the Many Lived, you may reduce your effective binder level for the purposes of the abilities he grants you by 3 to replace Two-Fold Aspect with Three-Fold Aspect allowing you to select 3 of his aspects instead of 2; if your effective binder level to bind Fizban, the Many Lived, is at least 14 you may reduce it by 6 (total) to gain a 4th aspect, if it is at least 17 you may reduce it by 9 to gain a 5th aspect, if it is at least 20 you may reduce it by 12 to gain a 6th aspect.

Vestige Mastery - Fulmen Feles [General]
    Your connection to Fulmen Feles grants you the ability to open a single chakra and bind power to it.
    Prerequisites: Character Level 15+, Constitution 13+, Favored Vestige (Fulmen Feles), .
    Benefit: When you bind Fulmen Feles you may select one of the hands, shoulders, or feet chakras. You gain a single chakra bind which can be used to bind a soulmeld (regardless of class), item, or vestige ability to the chakra selected and that chakra is considered open allowing you to bind things to it. If your effective binder level for Fulmen Feles is 21 or higher you may select the waist chakra as well. Once you expel Fulmen Feles you lose this ability until you bind Fulmen Feles again.

In addition as long as Fulmen Feles is bound you gain 2 bonus essentia.

Vestige Mastery – Illyahr [General]
    The lost troubadour offers you his collected tales more readily, even as you find it easier to escape the limelight or with song claim it.
    Prerequisites: Charisma 15+, Favored Vestige (Illyahr).
    Benefit: When you bind Illyahr, the Lost Troubadour, you may use your effective binder level + your Charisma modifier for Illyahr's Knowledge (instead of this value -6), gain an additional +2 bonus to all Perform checks and the bonus from Natural Performer is no longer considered a competence bonus (this +2 stacks with Natural Performer), and when you expend Stagehand or Star to become a star you regain the ability after 5 rounds instead of requiring 10 minutes of concentration.

You have a greater mastery of the ancient construct turned vestige the Imperator Mark V.
    Benefit: You may treat the Mark V Torso and Mark V Head as two separate pieces. Not only does this increase the benefit of those abilities based upon the number of pieces currently worn, but you may have the Mark V Torso and Mark V Head manifest as two separate Astral Constructs. The Torso loses the ability to See Invisibility and True Seeing, and the Head loses the increased natural armor and improved DR. If you have the Head Manifested you lose the ability to See Invisibility, but retain the armor bonus to AC as long as the Torso is not manifested and if the Torso is manifested you lose the armor bonus to AC but retain the ability to See Invisibility unless the Head is also manifested.

Vestige Mastery – It that Forgot and was Forgotten [Epic, Vile]
    Your dark vows to the god of secrets grants you access to those things forgotten by those save It that Forgot and was Forgotten.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (ItFawF), Knowledge (any 3) 15 ranks, Patron Deity (Vecna).
    Benefit: While ItFawF is bound you gain whispers of forgotten lore from deep within the vestige granting you a +10 on Knowledge checks. You gain an additional +5 bonus for the purposes of information which has a DC higher than 30. If information has multiple knowledge DCs for different bits of knowledge the +10 only applies for the purpose of the information with a DC of higher than 30, so if you had a result of 27 without this additional +5 and there was information at DC 30 and 32 you would gain the DC 32 information but not the DC 30 information (or any DC 28, or 29 information).

Vestige Mastery - Marlowe [General]
    You have a greater connection to the planes through their would be conqueror allowing you to connect to two at once.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Marlowe), Knowledge (the Planes) 18 ranks.
    Benefit: While you have Marlowe bound you may have two Planar Aspects granted by her at once. You may still only don one suit of armor at once, though if you summon a new one the old one is automatically dismissed. In addition when wearing a suit of armor granted by Marlowe's various Planar Aspect Power, Make Up! abilities you gain an additional armor enhancement based upon the armor worn. When wearing the Z'gok Suit it gains the Vanishing armor enhancement, when wearing the Double Zeta Suit it gains the Aporter enhancement, when wearing the Zaku Armor it gains the Fearsome enhancement, when wearing the Gundam Armor it gains the Soulfire enhancement (BoED), and when wearing the Qubeley Armor it gains the Reflecting enhancement. Note that abilities with daily uses are not recharged if you dismiss the armor and resummon it, but still expended.

Vestige Mastery – NeoPhoenix [Anarchic]
    You can draw upon powers of the Chaos Senshi long thought lost.
    Prerequisites: Chaotic Alignment, Effective Binder Level 13+, Favored Vestige (NeoPhoenix)
    Benefit: When you bind NeoPhoenix, the Chaos Senshi, she grants you the additional ability listed below. In addition when you use In the Name of the Infinite Rainbow you roll on the alternate table if the d6 is a 5, and your choice of table if it is a 6.

Dance of the Chaos Senshi: As a free action you may teleport up to 5 ft per 3 binder levels to a square you have line of effect to. After selecting the distance you teleport roll 1d8 to determine the direction you teleport as if you had missed with a grenade-like weapon. If the square you would teleport into cannot support your weight, is occupied, or outside your line of effect you teleport to the furthest square from your position in a line to the original target square which can support your weight, isn't occupied, and is within line of effect. If there are no such squares between you and the destination this ability fails to function. You may only use this ability 1/round.

Vestige Mastery – Pyrohignus [General]
    You have a deeper connection with the kobold of loyalty.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Pyrohignus), Dragonblood or Reptilian subtype.
    Benefit: When you use Envenom if you miss with the charged attack or the target succeeds in their initial save the ability is not considered expended and you may use it again immediately (or as soon as you have a swift action to do so). In addition you add your binder level to the fire resistance granted to you by Keeper of the Fire.

Vestige Mastery – Red Fel “The First Baatezu” [Epic, Vile]
    You have made your soul home to Red Fel “The First Baatezu” and he rewards you with the power of his commands.
    Prerequisites: Bind Red Fel “the First Baatezu”, Favored Vestige (Red Fel "the First Baatezu").
    Benefit: While Red Fel “The First Baatezu” is bound you gain the following additional granted abilities.

Command of Hell’s Lord: As a swift action you may duplicate the effects of a quickened suggestion, lesser geas, command, or morality undone spell as a supernatural ability. Once you have used this ability (regardless of spell chosen) you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Sense Evil: You may sense the presence of evil creatures and objects within 120 ft as if with the blindsight ability. In addition you learn whether they are Lawful, Chaotic, or Neutral Evil, and the strength of their auras both of Evil and Law or Chaos as appropriate. You need not take an action to sense this information, it is as natural as sight.

Vestige Mastery – Red Fel (the Helpful Advisor) [General]
    You hear the whispered advice of Red Fel even more deeply.
    Prerequisites: Diplomacy 5 ranks, Favored Vestige (Red Fel the Helpful Advisor)
    Benefit: The insight bonus from Advisor's Voice is increased by +1. 3 times per day you may increase it by another +5 for 1 check.

Vestige Mastery – Red Fel (the Lord of Imps) [Vile]
    Prerequisites: Lawful alignment, Favored Vestige (Red Fel the Lord of Imps)
    Benefit: When you have Red Fel, the Lord of Imps, bound the Imp's Whisper ability he grants you has a duration of 1 hour/binder level instead of 1 minute, and a successful save only grants immunity for 1 hour. In addition your Safety in Technicality ability he grants you functions as long as you have not directly attempted to harm the creature within 5 rounds instead of within 24 hours, and it grants you DR equal to the bonus it provides overcome by good or silver weapons; this DR only applies against damage dealt by creatures that the bonus from Safety in Technicality applies against.

Vestige Mastery – Socratov [General]
    You can draw from the first bartender the power to party harder and resist poisons.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Socratov).
    Benefit: While Socratov is bound you gain immunity to intoxication, and a +4 bonus on saving throws against poison, and against disease from tainted food or drink.

Vestige Mastery - Segev [General]
    Your connection to Segev grants you an increased mastery over his necromantic prowess.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Segev), Knowledge (religion) 12 ranks.
    Benefit: You may possess 1 soul trapped with Segev’s Cage Soul ability per 4 effective binder levels, though no more than 1 soul may be placed in the same gem (attempting to place another in the gem expels the previously trapped soul); if you would go over this limit you may choose which soul is released. You also gain a +5 bonus on Intimidate checks to interrogate captured souls. When you use Death Storm it deals 1d8 per binder level instead of 1d6 and may create an undead creature if you kill 3 or more humanoids of the requisite hit dice, and all hit dice requirements for creating more powerful undead are lowered by 2.

Vestige Mastery – Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” [Epic]
    You have made your soul home to Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” and she rewards you with the power of her rage and spurned love.
    Prerequisites: Bind Snowbluff “the Winter of Love”, Favored Vestige (Snowbluff “the Winter of Love”).
    Benefit: While Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” is bound you gain the following additional granted abilities.
    Fury of the Spurned Lover: As a swift action you may enter into the Fury of the Spurned Love. While in this fury you have the same limitations on actions as a raging barbarian, though you may use any Supernatural ability granted by a vestige you have bound, and you gain +8 Strength, +8 Charisma, and DR 8/- (this stacks with any DR you already possess) but do suffer a -2 penalty to AC. These benefits and penalties last until the start of your next turn. In addition when you use this ability you may choose to have any number of creatures within 20 ft of you forced back 10 ft further from you, although they are allowed a Fortitude save to prevent this effect. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Let it Snow: As a standard action you may cause the temperature within a region of 10 miles around you to drop 100 degrees. This effect lasts for 1 week. Once you have used this ability you may not use it again for 5 rounds, and each time you bind Snowbluff “the Winter of Love”. If used twice in the same or an overlapping location its effects do not stack.

Vestige Mastery – Weckar [General]
    You are able to make better use of the elven vestige Weckar.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Weckar).
    Benefit: When you use Crag Sniper you may apply the bonus damage to all ranged attacks against opponents within 30 ft or one range increment (whichever is greater) and not just against flat-footed opponents or those denied their Dexterity bonus to AC. If the target is within 30 ft and flat-footed or denied their Dexterity bonus to AC against you, you gain twice the normal damage bonus (this does not apply further than 30 ft even if your weapon has a greater range increment). In addition when using pushing shot you no longer have to push the target in a line directly away from you, but simply in a straight line.

Vestige Mastery – Xuldarinar [General]
    You are able to more thoroughly assume the protean form of the shadowed vestige Xuldarinar.
    Prerequisites: Effective binder level 12, Favored Vestige (Xuldarinar).
    Benefit: When you bind Xuldarinar choose one of Str, Dex, or Con; this choice remains fixed until the next time you bind Xuldarinar. When you use Xuldarinar's Shadow Shape you gain your new form's ability score that corresponds to the choice you made if it is better than your ability score for that ability.

Vestige Mastery - Zaydos "Draconus Arcana" [Epic] (by Draconium)
    you have made your soul home to Zaydos' magic, and gain greater mastery over channeling it.
    Prerequisites: Bind Zaydos "Draconus Arcana", Favored Vestige (Zaydos "Draconus Arcana")
    Benefit: While Zaydos "Draconus Arcana" is bound, you gain the following additional granted abilities.

Dragon's Final Command: You may use Power Word Kill, except that it can affect creatures with an amount of Hit Points equal to 10 X your effective Binder level. Once you have used this ability, you must wait 5 rounds before you can use it again.

Magi Wings: You gain a supernatural fly speed of 150 feet, with Good maneuverability.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-08 at 09:39 PM.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Vestige Mastery Feats

Vestige Mastery - Al'Pala [Exalted]
    Your holy might improves when you bind the spirit of Loyalty.
    Prerequisites: Lawful alignment, Favored Vestige (Al'Pala).
    Benefit: While Al'Pala is bound, on your action, before making attack rolls for a round, you may choose to subtract a number from all melee attack rolls and whenever you successfully strike in melee a creature whose alignment is not within 1 step of yours and which poses an immediate threat to you or your allies you may heal one ally (including yourself) within 30 ft 2 hit points per point of penalty you took on attack rolls. You may choose to heal ability damage at a cost of 6 hp that would be healed per point of ability damage healed, or negative levels at a cost of 20 hp that would be healed per negative level. You may not take a penalty to your attack rolls with this ability greater than your BAB.

Vestige Mastery – Bifrons [Vile]
    Your connection with Bifrons the Carrier of the Gray Death deepens.
    Prerequisites: Ability to speak Infernal, Favored Vestige (Bifrons), Perform 6 ranks.
    Benefit: While Bifrons is bound you gain +4 to your Charisma. In addition 1/day while Bifrons is bound you may use Remove Disease as if he granted the ability to do so. If you do you may then inflict another creature with one disease removed this way with a touch with an instantaneous onset (initial DC is as an ability granted by Bifrons). If you do not do so before your bind with Bifrons ends the disease is lost.

Vestige Mastery - Blackhawk [General]
    You are more adept at binding the warrior vestige Blackhawk the Slayer.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Blackhawk), at least one Stone Dragon Maneuver.
    Benefit: When you use Blackhawk the Slayer's Reckless Attack ability you gain an additional +1 to damage per 3 points of AC sacrificed. In addition you gain an additional granted power.

Grasp the Ground: When you would be knocked prone or forcibly moved from your square as an immediate action you may remain standing or not be moved (this ability does not prevent you from being shunted out of a physical object you teleported into, you must be wholly in the space before being moved out of it to use this ability). Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before

Vestige Mastery – Cerefel [General]
    You are more closely in tune with Cerefel the Song of Battle.
    Prerequisites: Charisma 15+, Favored Vestige (Cerefel), Perform 6 ranks.
    Benefit: When you bind Cerefel select one of Strain of Valiant Blows, Strain of the Warrior Maiden, or Strain of Inspiration. You cannot use that strain of her Song of Battle, and do not need to sing it to reset your ability to use the other strains, however when you use Stalling Strain it applies the effects of the chosen Strain. This choice remains in place until you bind Cerefel once more.

Vestige Mastery - Draconium [General]
    You extract more draconic power from the covetous vestige Draconium.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Draconium).
    Benefit: When you bind Draconium, Covetous Stretched too Far, he grants you the additional ability listed below. In addition your wealth is doubled for the purposes of his Miser's Smite.

His Kiss Flames: You gain a breath weapon dealing 1d6 fire damage per 2 binder levels plus fire damage equal to your charisma modifier in a 30 ft cone. A Reflex save halves this damage. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before using it again. In addition any other breath weapon you possess deals fire damage equal to your Charisma modifier in its area in addition to its regular effect(s).

Special: Happy now, Snowbluff?

Vestige Mastery – Exarch Anchovius [General]
    Your connection to Exarch Anchovius allows you to move life force from one creature to another.
    Prerequisites: Effective Binder Level 13, Favored Vestige (Exarch Anchovius), Knowledge (religion) 10 ranks.
    Benefit: While Exarch Anchovius is bound you may score critical hits against undead creatures. In addition if you score a critical hit upon a living or undead creature you may siphon its energy out of it inflicting 1 negative level upon them (this is a form of Energy Drain when used upon a living creature, and is positive energy based when used upon an undead creature), or 2 negative levels if your weapon has a critical damage multiplier of x3, or 3 if it has one of x4. When you do so you may channel the stolen life force into another creature within 30 ft, if you channel energy from a living creature into another living creature or from an undead creature into another undead creature they gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls, ability and skill checks, and saving throws for 1 minute and 5 temporary hit points per negative level you inflicted for 1 minute. If you channel the energy stolen from a living creature into an undead creature or an undead creature into a living creature they must make a Fortitude save or gain 1 negative level, this negative level only lasts for 5 rounds. The save DCs for this ability are as if it was granted by Exarch Anchovius.

Vestige Mastery – Illyahr [General]
    The lost troubadour offers you his collected tales more readily, even as you find it easier to escape the limelight or with song claim it.
    Prerequisites: Charisma 15+, Favored Vestige (Illyahr).
    Benefit: When you bind Illyahr, the Lost Troubadour, you may use your effective binder level + your Charisma modifier for Illyahr's Knowledge (instead of this value -6), gain an additional +2 bonus to all Perform checks and the bonus from Natural Performer is no longer considered a competence bonus (this +2 stacks with Natural Performer), and when you expend Stagehand or Star to become a star you regain the ability after 5 rounds instead of requiring 10 minutes of concentration.

Vestige Mastery – It that Forgot and was Forgotten [Vile]
    Your dark vows to the god of secrets grants you access to those things forgotten by those save It that Forgot and was Forgotten.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (ItFawF), Knowledge (any 3) 15 ranks, Patron Deity (Vecna).
    Benefit: While ItFawF is bound you gain whispers of forgotten lore from deep within the vestige granting you a +10 on Knowledge checks but only for the purposes of information which has a DC higher than 30. If information has multiple knowledge DCs for different bits of knowledge the +10 only applies for the purpose of the information with a DC of higher than 30, so if you had a result of 25 without this feat and there was information at DC 30 and 35 you would gain the DC 35 information but not the DC 30 information (or any DC 26, 27, 28, or 29 information).

Vestige Mastery – NeoPhoenix [Anarchic]
    You can draw upon powers of the Chaos Senshi long thought lost.
    Prerequisites: Chaotic Alignment, Effective Binder Level 13+, Favored Vestige (NeoPhoenix)
    Benefit: When you bind NeoPhoenix, the Chaos Senshi, she grants you the additional ability listed below. In addition when you use In the Name of the Infinite Rainbow you roll on the alternate table if the d6 is a 5, and your choice of table if it is a 6.

Dance of the Chaos Senshi: As a free action you may teleport up to 5 ft per 3 binder levels to a square you have line of effect to. After selecting the distance you teleport roll 1d8 to determine the direction you teleport as if you had missed with a grenade-like weapon. If the square you would teleport into cannot support your weight, is occupied, or outside your line of effect you teleport to the furthest square from your position in a line to the original target square which can support your weight, isn't occupied, and is within line of effect. If there are no such squares between you and the destination this ability fails to function. You may only use this ability 1/round.

Vestige Mastery – Pyrohignus [General]
    You have a deeper connection with the kobold of loyalty.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Pyrohignus), Dragonblood or Reptilian subtype.
    Benefit: When you use Envenom if you miss with the charged attack or the target succeeds in their initial save the ability is not considered expended and you may use it again immediately (or as soon as you have a swift action to do so). In addition you add your binder level to the fire resistance granted to you by Keeper of the Fire.

Vestige Mastery – Red Fel (the Helpful Advisor) [General]
    Prerequisites: Diplomacy 5 ranks, Favored Vestige (Red Fel the Helpful Advisor)
    Benefit: The insight bonus from Advisor's Voice is increased by +1. 3 times per day you may increase it by another +5 for 1 check.

Vestige Mastery – Red Fel (the Lord of Imps) [Vile]
    Prerequisites: Lawful alignment, Favored Vestige (Red Fel the Lord of Imps)
    Benefit: When you have Red Fel, the Lord of Imps, bound the Imp's Whisper ability he grants you has a duration of 1 hour/binder level instead of 1 minute, and a successful save only grants immunity for 1 hour. In addition your Safety in Technicality ability he grants you functions as long as you have not directly attempted to harm the creature within 5 rounds instead of within 24 hours, and it grants you DR equal to the bonus it provides overcome by good or silver weapons; this DR only applies against damage dealt by creatures that the bonus from Safety in Technicality applies against.

Vestige Mastery – Socratov [General]
    You can draw from the first bartender the power to party harder and resist poisons.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Socratov).
    Benefit: While Socratov is bound you gain immunity to intoxication, and a +4 bonus on saving throws against poison, and against disease from tainted food or drink.

Vestige Mastery – Xuldarinar [General]
    You are able to more thoroughly assume the protean form of the shadowed vestige Xuldarinar.
    Prerequisites: Effective binder level 12, Favored Vestige (Xuldarinar).
    Benefit: When you bind Xuldarinar choose one of Str, Dex, or Con; this choice remains fixed until the next time you bind Xuldarinar. When you use Xuldarinar's Shadow Shape you gain your new form's ability score that corresponds to the choice you made if it is better than your ability score for that ability.
    nothing for my vestiges to dad

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

At any rate I found them amusing. Well done.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Only when I'm not on fire with ideas burning from within my brain... seriously sometimes I get ideas and until I put them down I can't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    I couldn't think of anything funny.
    -snip the funny comic-
    I expected that response from Haman Still Marlowe is a spider-monster who collects confused magical girls and master minds Gundam villains... And now I'm imagining Burning Gundam vs Giant Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    nothing for my vestiges to dad
    If you look closely you might find Red Fel, he's in the details a common theme in the ones that got made vs the ones that got left out.

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    At any rate I found them amusing. Well done.
    Funny you say that since the one for you is the one I'm thinking about re-doing. To take it pre-epic requires you to either have a wasted feat (Improved Binding) or to retrain Improved Binding. This feels dirty, but it doesn't feel up to epic feat levels so I'm contemplating slapping the Epic tag on it and then buffing it to +10 to all Knowledge checks, and an additional +5 to ones with a DC of 31 or higher. I mean it'd be flat out significantly better than Epic Skill Focus but... I don't think I should be using ANY skill focus as a balancing point.

Edit: Went ahead and made the changes mentioned in the White Text above. Also realized that I made ryu as a vestige on the same level as Thor, the Hulk, and Christopher Lee, which is nice company to be in.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-03 at 02:28 AM.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

@zaydos stiil I wish there is some way to permanently bind vestige to yourself

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    @zaydos stiil I wish there is some way to permanently bind vestige to yourself
    There is a feat for it in the Pathfinder version by Radiance House (which you can find here). There's unfortunately a wee bit of a feat tax (there's two prerequisite feats, one of which is basically Favored Vestige), but with it you are permanently bound to the chosen vestige.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2016-10-03 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Magidin: Dweomercraft Unbridled (digiman619)

Vestige Level: 3rd
    Binding DC: 20

Legend: The stories speak the tale of dwarven sorcerer, his name now lost to the ages, but most now refer to as Magidin. He was wild of beard, and even wilder of magic. He was said to be blessed (and cursed) with a powerful amulet, that added strange, powerful and chaotic effects to his magic. The rumours tell of how as a mere neophyte adventurer, he and his allies bested a much feared blue dragon! He went on to bigger and greater exploits, until one day, during a fateful battle with a potent psionic being known only as The Adversary, and in a desperate attempt to turn the tide of the battle, the heroic dwarven arcanist flooded all of his magical energies into one epic surge of wild magic! No one alive can attest to exactly what happened, but amidst all the chaos and the magic, the lights, sounds, explosions and mists, both the dwarf and The Adversary (who was said to wield blades of pure mental energy) vanished from reality, never to be seen again.

Manifestation: A mystical amulet appears spinning in mid air, pulsing with eldritch light. The amulet slows it's spinning and comes to a halt, and the light around it coalesces into the form of a dwarf. The dwarf opens his mouth to speak, when out of nowhere the head of a gigantic blue dragon appears and swallows the dwarf whole. Suddenly the face of the dragon contorts in pain, as the dwarf bursts forth from it maw, now wielding a blade of pulsing energy.

Sign: Your left hand is swathed in crackling black motes of energy (if for some reason you do not have a left hand, the manifestation takes hold at some other extremity of your body). These motes are completely harmless, and do not provide any illumination.

Influence: Magidin is a being of energy and wild magic. He insists that if you have a power, spell or magic item that can be used with random variable effect, you take no effort to affect the randomness of the outcome. Additionally, he also demands that you never pass up a game of chance if you are offered the opportunity to join one.

Granted Abilities

Blade of the Mind: as a swift action, you can summon a blade made of magic force to your hand. If the blade is dropped (or disarmed) it immediately vanishes, but can be summoned again with another swift action. It functions as a short sword, and you are automatically proficient with this blade. Any feats or other abilities that would apply to a regular short sword (improved critical, weapon focus, weapon finesse etc) function with the blade. Being composed entirely of magical force, the blade is effectively weightless, and can strike incorporeal creatures with no miss chance. The blade gains a +1 enhancement bonus to hit and damage per four binder levels (minimum +1) up to +5 at 20th level.

Sorcerous Blood: you can invoke any of the following effects at will (these function as supernatural effect which mimic the cantrip in question; caster level equals binder level): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Open/Close, Prestidigitation or Read Magic. If you invoke a new effect while a previous effect is still operating, the previous effect immediately ceases - you may only ever have one of these effects in operation at a time.

Magic Surge: you bring forth a random magical effect as if activating a Rod of Wonder (the binder is considered the "rod wielder" for any applicable effects). You may produce this effect once per day, per point of Charisma bonus. Once you use this effect, you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Dragon's Bane: any melee or ranged attack, or other damage dealing effect, deals an additional 2d6 damage against creatures of the dragon type. This only applies to hit point damage, and never adds to ability damage or other effects not defined as hit point damage. The damage is of the same type as the primary attack that delivers it (i.e. piercing damage with a short sword, fire damage with a fireball etc.).

Resist Electricity: you gain resistance to electricity 5 whenever Magidin is bound. This increases to 10 at binder level 9, 15 at binder level 13, and 20 binder level 17 or higher.

Magidin and feats:

The Bind Vestige can grant Magadin's Sorcerous Blood ability, while Improved Bind Vestige can grant his Resist Energy ability.

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope this vestige is OK. Not sure if it's balanced right as a 3rd level vestige? I considered making Magic Surge an "all day" ability, but that seemed like it might be a little OP.

Also hope this vestige appeals to you, digiman69. I tried to incorporate both aspects of what you asked for in a vestige into one.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Does this looks like a Zaydos does requests thread? The Zaydos does requests thread is dead, long dead

Locked Vestige - Binder ACF
    You have made a pact with a vestige of such a nature that it has become almost a part of you remaining within you at all times.
    Level: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 15th, or 17th.
    Benefit: Select one vestige which you can bind without the Improved Binding feat. It becomes permanently bound to you and you gain the Favored Vestige with it as a bonus feat. It still counts against your number of bound vestiges. Every 24 hours you must make a Binding Check to determine if you are able to withstand its influence for the day.

There is a feat for it in the Pathfinder version by Radiance House (which you can find here). There's unfortunately a wee bit of a feat tax (there's two prerequisite feats, one of which is basically Favored Vestige), but with it you are permanently bound to the chosen vestige.
    Does it count against the number of vestiges spirits you may bind? If not it's theoretically pretty good if the vestiges aren't nerfed considerably compared to ToM's (which often gave 2 feats and other abilities).

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope this vestige is OK. Not sure if it's balanced right as a 3rd level vestige? I considered making Magic Surge an "all day" ability, but that seemed like it might be a little OP.

Also hope this vestige appeals to you, digiman69. I tried to incorporate both aspects of what you asked for in a vestige into one.
    You could probably make it all day, the biggest thing with Rod of Wonder is that it can be spammed to make gold but if you're going to do silly magical things to get money there are more effective get rich quick schemes. Other than that it has such a high chance of wasting an action in combat that it's not that great even when performing higher level effects.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-03 at 03:18 AM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Magidin: Dweomercraft Unbridled (digiman619)

Vestige Level: 3rd
    Binding DC: 20

Legend: The stories speak the tale of dwarven sorcerer, his name now lost to the ages, but most now refer to as Magidin. He was wild of beard, and even wilder of magic. He was said to be blessed (and cursed) with a powerful amulet, that added strange, powerful and chaotic effects to his magic. The rumours tell of how as a mere neophyte adventurer, he and his allies bested a much feared blue dragon! He went on to bigger and greater exploits, until one day, during a fateful battle with a potent psionic being known only as The Adversary, and in a desperate attempt to turn the tide of the battle, the heroic dwarven arcanist flooded all of his magical energies into one epic surge of wild magic! No one alive can attest to exactly what happened, but amidst all the chaos and the magic, the lights, sounds, explosions and mists, both the dwarf and The Adversary (who was said to wield blades of pure mental energy) vanished from reality, never to be seen again.

Manifestation: A mystical amulet appears spinning in mid air, pulsing with eldritch light. The amulet slows it's spinning and comes to a halt, and the light around it coalesces into the form of a dwarf. The dwarf opens his mouth to speak, when out of nowhere the head of a gigantic blue dragon appears and swallows the dwarf whole. Suddenly the face of the dragon contorts in pain, as the dwarf burst forth from it maw, now wielding a blade of pulsing energy.

Sign: Your left hand is swathed in crackling black motes of energy (if for some reason you do not have a left hand, the manifestation takes hold at some other extremity of your body). These motes are completely harmless, and do not provide any illumination.

Influence: Magidin is a being of energy and wild magic. He insists that if you have a power, spell or magic item that can be used with random variable effect, you take no effort to affect the randomness of the outcome. Additionally, he also demands that you never pass up a game of chance if you are offered the opportunity to join one.

Granted Abilities

Blade of the Mind: as a swift action, you can summon a blade made of magic force to your hand. If the blade is dropped (or disarmed) it immediately vanishes, but can be summoned again with another swift action. It functions as a short sword, and you are automatically proficient with this blade. Any feats or other abilities that would apply to a regular short sword (improved critical, weapon focus, weapon finesse etc) function with the blade. Being composed entirely of magical force, the blade is effectively weightless, and can strike incorporeal creatures with no miss chance. The blade gains a +1 enhancement bonus to hit and damage per four binder levels (minimum +1) up to +5 at 20th level.

Sorcerous Blood: you can invoke any of the following effects at will (these function as supernatural effect which mimic the cantrip in question; caster level equals binder level): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Open/Close, Prestidigitation or Read Magic. If you invoke a new effect while a previous effect is still operating, the previous effect immediately ceases - you may only ever have one of these effects in operation at a time.

Magic Surge: you bring forth a random magical effect as if activating a Rod of Wonder (the binder is considered the "rod wielder" for any applicable effects). You may produce this effect once per day, per point of Charisma bonus. Once you use this effect, you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Dragon's Bane: any melee or ranged attack, or other damage dealing effect, deals an additional 2d6 damage against creatures of the dragon type. This only applies to hit point damage, and never adds to ability damage or other effects not defined as hit point damage. The damage is of the same type as the primary attack that delivers it (i.e. piercing damage with a short sword, fire damage with a fireball etc.).

Resist Electricity: you gain resistance to electricity 5 whenever Magidin is bound. This increases to 10 at binder level 9, 15 at binder level 13, and 20 binder level 17 or higher.

Magidin and feats:

The Bind Vestige can grant Magadin's Sorcerous Blood ability, while Improved Bind Vestige can grant his Resist Energy ability.

Spoiler
    Show

I love it! How do you link to a single post? I want to add this to my sig!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

I love it! How do you link to a single post? I want to add this to my sig!
    Where it has the post number (top right corner of the post) you can click it to get to the single post.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I mean... I liked the type of effect and by the level one could've accessed the feat knowledge checks below thirty should never be a real problem. That said I do enjoy the changes to give it a bit more oomph. I would also say that's good company yeah. The concept of what I like to do is on a similar level of power with an opposite focus to the hulk. The Hulk can put out unlimited force. Not just arbitrarily high force. Unlimited. I on the opposite side of things like to control and manipulate things to such a degree that no amount of force against me has any meaning. This can be through information, circumstance, defensive options, or escape options. If the enemy can't permanently effect you or help other enemies to do the same, they'll never truly win.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Does it count against the number of vestiges spirits you may bind? If not it's theoretically pretty good if the vestiges aren't nerfed considerably compared to ToM's (which often gave 2 feats and other abilities)
    It doesn't say; here's the wording if you think you can parse it better than I:

Spoiler: Permanent Pact
    Show
    You seal an unending pact with an occult spirit. Prerequisites: Flexible Pactmaking†, Spirit Focus†, bind spirit class feature.
    Benefit: Select 1 spirit that you have selected with Spirit Focus when you gain this feat. You enter an unending pact with the selected spirit: your pact does not end after 24 hours and you cannot willingly expel or exorcise the spirit. A permanent pact is treated as a good pact and you do not gain the capstone of a spirit that you made a permanent pact with unless it is granted to you by a spell, magic item, or this feat (see below).
    Once per day, you can perform the ceremony of a spirit that you have made a permanent pact with in order to attempt to gain the spirit’s capstone empowerment. This functions as a ritual made to summon any other spirit and requires that you draw the spirit’s seal and perform its ceremony. If your binding check exceeds the spirit’s binding DC by 10 or more (or 5 or more if you have the Capstone Binder feat), you gain the spirit’s capstone empowerment for 24 hours. If you fail this binding check, your pact with the spirit becomes a poor pact and you take the associated penalties for 24 hours. Additionally, you may choose to gain the spirit’s vestigial companion at the usual cost described by that spirit during this pact; if you succeed, you gain the spirit’s vestigial companion for 24 hours, after which the companion fades and the traded granted abilities resume granting you their benefits.
    Permanent pacts cannot be modified or altered by feats (other than Spirit Focus) or class features unless specifically stated otherwise; for example, you cannot use Flexible Pactmaking feat with a permanent spirit. Once you have made a permanent pact with a spirit, the pact cannot be broken or undone, and even successful attempt to exorcise the spirit merely suppress its benefits and influences for 24 hours. Not even death (and subsequent resurrection) can free one’s soul from a permanent pact.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    I mean... I liked the type of effect and by the level one could've accessed the feat knowledge checks below thirty should never be a real problem. That said I do enjoy the changes to give it a bit more oomph. I would also say that's good company yeah. The concept of what I like to do is on a similar level of power with an opposite focus to the hulk. The Hulk can put out unlimited force. Not just arbitrarily high force. Unlimited. I on the opposite side of things like to control and manipulate things to such a degree that no amount of force against me has any meaning. This can be through information, circumstance, defensive options, or escape options. If the enemy can't permanently effect you or help other enemies to do the same, they'll never truly win.
    They really shouldn't be (you need a minimum of +15 to take the feat and that's just from skill ranks), but I do think it fits a little better as an epic feat, and as you say has more oomph.

It doesn't say; here's the wording if you think you can parse it better than I:

Spoiler: Permanent Pact
    Show
    You seal an unending pact with an occult spirit. Prerequisites: Flexible Pactmaking†, Spirit Focus†, bind spirit class feature.
    Benefit: Select 1 spirit that you have selected with Spirit Focus when you gain this feat. You enter an unending pact with the selected spirit: your pact does not end after 24 hours and you cannot willingly expel or exorcise the spirit. A permanent pact is treated as a good pact and you do not gain the capstone of a spirit that you made a permanent pact with unless it is granted to you by a spell, magic item, or this feat (see below).
    Once per day, you can perform the ceremony of a spirit that you have made a permanent pact with in order to attempt to gain the spirit’s capstone empowerment. This functions as a ritual made to summon any other spirit and requires that you draw the spirit’s seal and perform its ceremony. If your binding check exceeds the spirit’s binding DC by 10 or more (or 5 or more if you have the Capstone Binder feat), you gain the spirit’s capstone empowerment for 24 hours. If you fail this binding check, your pact with the spirit becomes a poor pact and you take the associated penalties for 24 hours. Additionally, you may choose to gain the spirit’s vestigial companion at the usual cost described by that spirit during this pact; if you succeed, you gain the spirit’s vestigial companion for 24 hours, after which the companion fades and the traded granted abilities resume granting you their benefits.
    Permanent pacts cannot be modified or altered by feats (other than Spirit Focus) or class features unless specifically stated otherwise; for example, you cannot use Flexible Pactmaking feat with a permanent spirit. Once you have made a permanent pact with a spirit, the pact cannot be broken or undone, and even successful attempt to exorcise the spirit merely suppress its benefits and influences for 24 hours. Not even death (and subsequent resurrection) can free one’s soul from a permanent pact.
    I'd have to read over the class again to figure out whether it gives you any benefit if it does count against your limit of spirits bound. That said I contemplated making Permanent Vestige as a feat that required Favored Vestige (vestige in question) and another feat as pure feat tax. I decided it'd be slightly too strong (I mean an epic feat is better but that's an epic feat) and to go with the ACF that is probably a downgrade (but does give you a small benny it's just the loss in versatility probably outweighs the +1 to EBL for 1 vestige unless your build just hinges on that vestige anyway) instead.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone want to make/have their vestige be The Adversary? Then we could have a flavorful connection and have a restriction that the two can't be bound at the same time.