New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1442
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep & Frescot House IV: Magic babble lies within

[Cessie's Lab!]

"...Yes, I think we could do something like that. There are some dress designs, even, that cut the bodice at the mid-torso rather than the waist which actually make it easier to defend an area typically plagued by the necessary trade-off between rigid defense and the need for flexibility." Riss said after a moment, tail flicking from side to side though just restrained enough to not hit anything. "Though, before I chase that idea too far, how much like a dress are we talking? Something maybe like a ballroom gown or.. Actually, do you have anything in your wardrobe that might fit the kind of dress you're thinking about?" the muse asked. Cessie might feel a strange flashback to when the muse had been dosed with Aether. She had that same kind of intense focus in her eyes as she was being given a puzzle that she was delightedly unpacking.

At least this time she probably won't see the need to blow off an arm for components. At least not that she had brought enough materials with her.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Visitor]

Nope, no kids. Hm, where are they? Or right, aren't they playing with-

"Go Garn, go!" It's not often that Bastion raises his voice, but based on the following laughter he's having a lot of fun.

"Pick me up tooooo!" Cora squeals. They're not too far off. It'll be easy to find them.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another visitor]

Harnetta's head turns to where the sounds of children are coming from, a wide smile spreading across her face. "There is - the term is transgender, and is usually followed things like 'female to male' or 'male to female' to denote what direction the transgenderism goes. It's a descriptor, though, not a pronoun set; you use the pronouns of the gender the individual wants to be." That seems like a fairly rote explanation. As if she's had to explain it often.

The half-dragon moves around the corners to see where the children are, and once she finds them, will lean up against the door frame to the room they're in, simply watching for the moment. A quiet happiness.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Halfling in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

"Hey, uh, I'm just glad I didn't burn it up,"
    Adir says. It's obvious that he's not used to receiving hugs from anyone besides Sakura, but he grins and returns it, squeezing the middle of Ilpholin's back. His ears flicker as he's pecked, and as they part he asks, "How are you getting home? It's a bit of a walk back to Inside." Distance was funny here, though.

[Arrival]

Adir can't argue that. Maybe he just hopes he's doing a good job. "Well... honey, c'mon, I mean," he laughs a bit sheepishly, "I didn't trust witches and gods back home, I don't wanna start now... uh..." He frowns a little. "If you think that's what's happening, why don't we go see the doc?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

"Of course, we'll definitely do that." Sakura says. That was never a question. She better just get to the other thing, though. "She also... kinda took care of the kami problem."

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Cessie's Lab!]

"I was thinking the same thing, actually. There are armors that, in part, are similar to dresses where I'm from." Cessie explains. "I did actually have some ideas regarding the design, I wouldn't borrow from an already existing dress however. Instead I made a sketch, which admittedly is inspired by other things I wear."

The sorceress will show Riss some sketches that was laying around on a desk.

[Another visitor]

"I see, I'll try to keep up with that then." Cessie replies before turning her attention to the children. Hopefully, Jillian would be nearby as well, even if she usually wasn't as loud as her siblings.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-09 at 08:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327

[Arrival]

"What?"
    Adir is definitely confused now. His brow furrows. "What does that mean?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

"I suppose it's a good thing that I'm walking to Southside then," Ilpholin tells Adir. Clearly it's closer than Inside. Maybe. Some of the times. "It's no big deal. Besides, these thighs don't tone themselves." Gotta get in that exercise and work off that meal.

"See ya." Ilpholin turns and starts heading off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Visit]

((Except the keep is specifically close to Inside. Exercise is good too, though.))

[Arrival]

"Well I'm not even sure I totally understand it. It all happened so quickly. But the kami and me aren't really separate anymore. Like, at all. So you don't have to think I'm not making my own decisions or anything like that." She pauses for a reaction, but then quickly remembers a key detail. "Oh, and I guess the whole needing to have babies thing isn't a need thing anymore, so don't worry about that."

[Another Visitor]

They find Bastion riding on Garn's shoulders, an activity they put Garn through on a regular basis. The boy's wing's flutter to stabilize him once in awhile when Garn makes a more sudden movement. Cora, in the meantime, is hounding them from the ground. She wants it to be her turn right now and she's not gonna stop bothering Garn about it. She''s more of a tripping hazard than anything.

Jillian is removed from the hubbub. She has a doll in either hand, one with brown hair and one with red. She seems to be acting out a little scene with them, quietly mouthing what they're say8ing to each other.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Visitor]

Harnetta moves into the room with the children, and suddenly sweeps Cora off the floor and plants the young girl on her shoulders, where Harnetta's horns will make good handholds. This is half to play with Cora and half to keep Garn from needing to avoid stepping on her, "Well hello there Cora. you're looking for a ride, huh?"

11. - Top - End - #1331

[Lunch Visit]

Adir stuffs his hand in his pocket and waves as she goes. "So long."

[Arrival]

Adir's mouth quirks up in a sort of nervous, skeptical half-smile. "So... you're not seperate? But... I thought that's what we wanted, you know? Or we weren't sure. What we wanted," Adir frowns thoughtfully. He had a hard enough time wrapping his head around this as it was!

"Well that's good, I think. But... Sakura, I still don't understand. How can you not be seperate? She - it was possessing you,"
    He holds up a hand. "You're two different things. She just made herself like you, and made you more like her."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

Sakura's jaw sets, but she forces herself to relax just a bit. That whole encounter with Ambriosa is still fresh in her mind... "Even if you were right about that, it doesn't matter anymore. I know it's a bit weird, but there's nothing to be separated anymore. I'm just me, and I'm in complete control of myself." She says with perhaps a bit too much firmness.

13. - Top - End - #1333

[Arrival]

"But you're not-- Sakura, you've still just got it inside of you! Nothing's changed! How is this any different from when it was poking you about?"
    Adir seems quite concerned. Is she saying she wants to stay like this? "Look, we need to talk to Ambrosia again... or at least this woman, see if we can get things cleared up."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

"No! Listen to me." Sakura steps away from Adir. "Just listen. There's no one controlling me; definitely not anymore. Maybe I'm a little different now, but that shouldn't matter. If you think anything important changed, or ever will, then you're wrong." She has to make him understand. He can't think there's something wrong with her...

15. - Top - End - #1335

[Arrival]

"S-Sakura?"
    Adir looks a little more concerned when she raises her voice and moves away from him. He shuffles his feet and holds up his hands in a gentle appeal. "...Sakura, I don't know what's changed. What am I supposed to think? That this thing influencing your actions just went away? Do you understand how that sounds?" Adir reduces his volume to a husky whisper, so the children won't overhear.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #1336

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Another Visitor]

They find Bastion riding on Garn's shoulders, an activity they put Garn through on a regular basis. The boy's wing's flutter to stabilize him once in awhile when Garn makes a more sudden movement. Cora, in the meantime, is hounding them from the ground. She wants it to be her turn right now and she's not gonna stop bothering Garn about it. She''s more of a tripping hazard than anything.

Jillian is removed from the hubbub. She has a doll in either hand, one with brown hair and one with red. She seems to be acting out a little scene with them, quietly mouthing what they're say8ing to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Another Visitor]

Harnetta moves into the room with the children, and suddenly sweeps Cora off the floor and plants the young girl on her shoulders, where Harnetta's horns will make good handholds. This is half to play with Cora and half to keep Garn from needing to avoid stepping on her, "Well hello there Cora. you're looking for a ride, huh?"
    [Another Visitor]

Cessie clears her voice. "Children, there is someone who wants to meet you." She states, hopefully that would get their attention. She will wait for them to actually catch interest in Harnetta though.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

"And do you know how frustrating that sound?" Sakura digs in her heels. "What am I supposed to say or do? What am I supposed to do to convince you?"

[Another Visitor]

Cora yelps as she's picked up. She wasn't expecting that, and she's baffled by who's picking her up for a moment. "Oh it's you." She says. She doesn't know or remember Harnetta's name, but she remembers that she has something to do with her dad? And swords!

Bastion cranes his neck and Jillian looks up at this new person. They have no idea who she is, but they can recognize that she's something like them. Part dragon. That's enough to really grab their attention.

18. - Top - End - #1338

[Arrival]

Adir clearly doesn't appreciate having that thrown back at him. He staunches his anger regardless, because this is his wife he's talking with, and she might not be in control of her actions. "We go and we talk to Ambrosia. Like I said. She can at least tell us what's changed, and don't try to tell me you're even sure what it is. And I wanna talk to this woman you met! Did she give you her name?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

Sakura purses her lips and crosses her arms. "Fine. We'll talk to Ambrosia." But she won't like it. This time she's not just going to let her do whatever she wants, though. "I don't know where that woman is. She was just in the woods!" Sakura sweeps her hand vaguely behind her.

20. - Top - End - #1340

[Arrival]

"Her name, though, Sakura. I can maybe find her with that,"
    Adir says, shaking his head and dragging his hands over his face. "You don't just... squish souls together like puddy. That isn't how things work. That shouldn't be how it works." Maybe Sakura is wrong, and some feychild with a flashy gimmick was messing with her. She certainly didn't seem to be acting different... though that thing had hidden itself inside her just fine for a long time. It still makes him angry that something might have been manipulating her, or him through her.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

"Her name was Lee." Sakura has no idea how he'd track her down, though. Sakura still really has no idea who she is. "Just... take the kids inside or call Sarget over, then contact Ambrosia. I need to go talk to Cessie."

[Cessie's Lab]

After Sakura's done talking to Adir, she comes to find Cessie. She knocks and then opens the door. "Cessie? I need to talk to you about something."

22. - Top - End - #1342

[Arrival]

"Hold on, Sakura,"
    Adir says, and firmly. "This Lee did this... without your consent? Just reached in and..." Adir rolls his hand, struggling to quantify this. Anyway, if she had, there would be consequences for her too. He'd just have to figure them out...

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1343

[Cessie's Lab]

"Sakura?" A pause, then the door opens by itself. "Come on in." Cessie bids. "Did you need something? Just be careful with the children in here." She of course assumes Sakura is dragging at least one child around.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Lab]

"Oh uh, I don't have any kids with me." Sakura slips in and closes the door behind her. "I just wanted to chat for a bit." She walks closer to Cessie.

[Arrival]

"Uh, partially." Sakura frowns a bit. "I... gave her permission, but she did more than I thought she would." Though it was kind of the kami that gave that permission? It's confusing.

25. - Top - End - #1345

[Arrival]

Adir bristles. Does she just think this is fine? Either she just went with it or that thing was pushing on her brain, he surmises. Either way it's troubling. "And you didn't think maybe you ought to talk to me first? Or maybe ask for a clearer explanation?" Adir opens his hands. "Did the kami make you do this?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-05-17 at 10:40 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

Sakura purses her lips. "Not this again." She hisses, consciously keeping her voice down. "If Ambrosia was right about everything, then all the kami ever made me do was have more children. As far as I'm concerned, I wanted every single one of them, and I could never have a single regret." Her eyes are alight with anger. This has been stewing for a bit now. "Just- just suggesting that I wouldn't have wanted even one of my babies if the kami wasn't there is the most horrible, insulting thing anyone could say to me."

Sakura steps toward Adir, her shoulders squared and her jaw firm. "If the kami really did change me- Well, good. If she's part of the reason I am who I am now and my life is like it is, then I don't see anything bad about that." Her voice gets a little more shrill, rising despite her efforts. "So no, I didn't really think it all the way through. If stopping having kids was gonna be a problem, then I took a chance to deal with that. I don't care about the rest. I'd rather we be one person for real and for everything else to be the same than change any more than that."

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Visitor]

Cora yelps as she's picked up. She wasn't expecting that, and she's baffled by who's picking her up for a moment. "Oh it's you." She says. She doesn't know or remember Harnetta's name, but she remembers that she has something to do with her dad? And swords!

Bastion cranes his neck and Jillian looks up at this new person. They have no idea who she is, but they can recognize that she's something like them. Part dragon. That's enough to really grab their attention.
    [Another Visitor]

"Yup, it's me! My name's Harnetta." Since she pretty clearly doesn't remember it, "Want a ride?" Presuming that she does, Harnetta will begin carting little Cora around the keep, being careful of high points so that the little girl doesn't bonk her head on anything.

28. - Top - End - #1348

[Arrival]

"This is supposed to be both of us! You and me! For all of it!"
    Adir points his finger forward and then back. He seems to have given up being quiet. And he seems to have given up the hopeful idea that Sakura was manipulated into this decision. "Not you and the kami! What it sounds like to me is you decided to make this permanent, this thing we barely understand, and it hasn't even been two weeks! And you decided not to tell me, not to even wonder, not to think!"

"You don't care about the rest? How about what I feel, or what I think? We could have worked this out. We could have done something else. Maybe I could have even learned to accept this other person inside you," Adir clenches up his fists and bangs them down to his sides, his face contorted in a scowl. "But if you did what you think you did, and you're trying to force this on me and the kids, that's over. It's done. You screwed it! Don't you get that?!"

"Now guess what,"
    he lowers his gaze. In the words that follow, each 'not' is viciously emphatical.
    "Everything is not the same. I am not okay. I am not happy. And I am not going to be. Maybe for a long time." He grits his teeth and looks her in the eye, finally. There's nothing there but raw, sad frustration. "I really hope that counts as 'something bad'."

And it's Sakura's turn be walked away from as Adir storms past her, heading in the direction of the kids unless he's stopped. "You and the kami go talk to Cessie," he tells her coldly, his shoulders tense, his tail pointed almost vertical and bristling puffy white. Gods, he hopes the kids didn't hear enough about a kami to ask about it while he hustles them inside.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-05-21 at 08:35 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arrival]

Sakura watches Adir storm off in stunned silence. As soon as he's gone it hits her all at once and she withers. They've hardly ever fought like that before... In a daze she goes inside.

[Cessie's Lab]

"Oh uh, I don't have any kids with me." Sakura slips in and closes the door behind her. "I just wanted to chat for a bit." She walks closer to Cessie.
    "Oh uh, I don't have any kids with me." Sakura slips in and closes the door behind her. "I need to talk." Now that Sakura's inside, Cessie can see that she's been crying. The tears on her cheeks are still fresh. "I made a mistake, Cessie." She sobs.

30. - Top - End - #1350

[Another Visitor]

"You've actually all met Harnetta before, but you likely don't remember it. She was a boy back back then." Cessie attempts to explains to her children.

[Cessie's Lab]

The sorceress, who've is still wearing gloves and a apron stares at Sakura in sudden shock at the dryads tears. "Sakura." She says softly as she attempts to hug her friend. "What happened? What's the matter?" As the lab was sound isolated, she hadn't heard anything going on in the keep.