New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Juggernaut Complete! FINAL

{table=head] Piece| Body Slot | Cost | Effect
    Gloves of the Juggernaut +15| Arms and Hands, (Ring Accessible)|5MIL|- +10 to Str, and Dex,-Unarmed Damage / Str mod x 2, -Every 1d6 weeks + 4 to str.
    Juggernauts Gi+15|Torso, Magic items cloaks, jackets can be worn over the Gi| 5MIL | - +15 to A.C,- Immunity to Black Flames & Hellfire, - Black Flame spell as a level 20th caster, - Hands of Hell Fire.
    Juggernauts Greaves+15| Legs, Can be worn over leg boots| 5MIL |-+10 to Wis, Con and Dex, - Blinding Critical,- Keen Strike
    Erika’s Heart| Neck | 0 | -+10 to Wis, and Con, - True Redemption,- Death Ward[/table]

{table=head] Pieces Worn | Bonus Effect
    1|-
    2|Juggernaut Template
    3|Juggernaut Template Stage 2
    4|Juggernaut Template Stage 3[/table]

JUGGERNAUT TEMPLATE
    {table=head] Stage | Effects
    Stage 1|+ The character gains an immediate , +4 to Dex, Str, and Con, + The character gains a additional 50 hp when they first get the template and every 3 levels thereafter.+ The character gains Maximize Flurry Feat
    Stage 2| + The character gains a immediate, + 8 to Dex, Str, and Con,+ The character gains an additional 150 hp when they first get the template and every 3 levels thereafter. + The character gains the Unmovable Feat
    Stage 3| + The character gains a immediate ,+ 12 to dex, str, and con, +Juggernaut Permanency- The Character gains the Juggernaut Template permanently.+Vorpal Strike Feat +Immunity to Vorpal and Critical Damage.[/table]

(JUGGERNAUT FEATS)
    +Maximize Flurry Feat / Stage 1
    -Effect-no rolling for the combatants unarmed damage just apply all rolls as max damage for one Flurry.
    -Any elementals burst effects from a weapons are not affected by Maximize Flurry but if its natural like psionic fist is effected by the feat.
    Example: The monk swings rapidly his fist smacking the creature right in the face the monk has a 2d8 + 15 to damage the max you can get out of this with Maximize Flurry is 2d8 = 16 + 15 str mod is 31. psi fist 2d6 = 12 + 31 = 42 and the next hit the same thing and so on until the end of the flurry!

-If the Character does not have a Flurry of Blows or an Armed Flurry they gain one equal to their highest level, in a single class that is equal to the monk’s flurry chart.
    . Your -Example Your level 10 fighter so you gain an armed flurry of blows that has a +8/+8/+3/+3 Flurry. (This Is the Monks Chart for a Level 10 Flurry)

+Unmovable Feat/ Stage 2
    -Effect- once per day can concentrate his power, making himself unmovable ,The character Gains 1 use when he first gets the template plus one additional time per day every five levels thereafter (6th, 11th, 16th, and so on).
    This power grants the character a +20 bonus on any one of the following:
    A grapple check made to avoid being grabbed with the improved grab ability.
    A Strength check to avoid the effects of a bull rush, trip attempt, or similar effect.
    A Strength check against any effect that would move the character either physically or magically.
    Any one saving throw. If an effect that would move the character either physically or magically does not normally allow a saving throw, the juggernaut can use this ability to gain a Will saving throw.
    He still gains the +20 bonus on the saving throw in such a case.

+Vorpal Strike/Stage 3
    -Effect- Your unarmed strike is considered to be a slashing vorpal weapon. (At your option, any unarmed strike can do bludgeoning damage instead, but it loses the vorpal quality.) This ability doesn’t stack with similar abilities (for instance, if some other effect has already granted your unarmed strikes the vorpal quality).

(RELIC-MAJOR)
    Gloves of the Juggernaut +15

[I]-Description- These thin gun metal gloves are full arm gloves with the finger tips cut off. The fabric of this unique pair of gloves appears as a thin like metal but is more flexible than the most fine tuned mage metals. Arcane and ancient runes are scribed in places over certain muscle locations and the tips of the knuckles have strange golden armored shells on the tips.

-Effect-
    +The wearer of this item gains a +8 to Str, and Dex,
    +The wearer’s unarmed damage Str mod is multiplied by 2
    +After 1d6 weeks the gloves have flexed and reworked building your arms muscles granting a permanent + 4 to Str. If even one of the gloves is ever removed the processes will come to a complete halt, and the procedure will have start all over again with the roll. If the enhancement ever succeeds it can start over and repeat the process.

-History- After suffering a loss at the hand of the king of giants the human monk Yggdrasil knew that the brute force of a giant muscles could not be attained by any normal standard. "All that back breaking training was it truly all for naught, those times when training intensified to the brink of my last breath. How?! How can all that be pushed away can we never truly break the limits of our bodies." Yggdrasil fell to his knees in a pool of his own blood. The giant king was moved by the 17 year old boy's plea, and impressed that he had put a dent in his famed armor that Odin himself had crafted. The giant placed his hand over and place his pinky finger on top of the boys head "child you have ventured to the valley of storm giants, braved the challenges of the elders. A single boy.. no a single man had the courage to stare me down in one on one combat. If thats not surpassing the limits of man Well son i just don't know what is." The King took Yggdrasil under his tutelage and trained under him for 25 years before he was taken to see the god Odin.
    "What Brings you here King Gerald" The omni voice of rang loud and sent the mans hair on end. For the 2nd time Yggdrasil had felt fear. "Odin Brother! This is the boy that put the dent we talked about!" "Oh! Well son you must feel Proud!" "uh.. master whats going on?" "Today you join the ranks of the giants." Odin announced "this Armor should be enough to craft the item Odin i haven't any need of it longer." Gerald spoke "Whats this your giving him that. You must love him very much brother." "Like a son Brother" Gerald replied Odin began crafting the gloves, that took 350 years and in that time Yggdrasil trained under the scholars and heavenly fighters gaining untold masses of information and fighting techniques. He had truly surpassed the limits of mankind and found the pinnacle of his martial art. Even his body began to transcend time if anything he looked younger more youthful than when he arrived. On the day he ascended Odin Bestowed the gloves to Yggdrasil "What will be your New name o' Child of the giant?" The monk thought long and hard but only one name came to mind. "Juggernaut"

-How to Destroy Juggernaut gloves
    -Odin's Forge, And a True wish are the only means that this item can be destroyed.

-Juggernauts Gi +15
    -Description- This +15 black sleeveless Gi Is woven from the mane of a powerful Demonic wolf named Fafnir The Fabric is woven in links so small and compact that the black fabric looks like the finest Hide man has ever seen. There are small symbols stitched over the lining of the Gi that look like a stream of black Fire that links together from the bottom of the Gi to around the neck.

-Effect- The Wielder of this +15 Juggernauts Gi is granted a
    +15 to A.C
    +Immunity to Black Flames Hellfire
    +Gain The Juggernaut Template
    +1, per day character may cast a Black Flame spell as a level 20th caster
    (25d10 non elemental damage, the spell is a 20x30 ft explosion of black flames
    envelops the foes to ashes.)
    +Every time an unarmed punch is made so the foes are struck with a Hands of Hell Fire spell doing a additional 2d10 points of damage.

-History- After Yggdrasil left the heavenly realm he found himself venturing across the land performing heroic deeds, left and right. Until one particular day when troubled news reached Yggdrasil; one of his friends a human Female fighter named Erika, whom is some one he saved in his ventures; journeyed to the third layer of hell and hadn't heard any word of her safe passage since. Yggdrasil Dashed off at his fastest movement heading in the location of the world gates. After seven days of non stop running he arrived at the massive stone gate, the carvings in this 80 ft set of stone door ways depict of many tales of creation both of beautiful and nightmarish carvings. The worried monk looked franticly for a particular door way. "Finally the Hell Gate" Whispered the distressed Monk. As he passed through the gate way entering an infernal waste land that is made up of lost souls. And like a Juggernaut Yggdrasil quickly forced his way to the third layer of Hell destroying any demon or monster that crossed his path. "Please still be okay!" Yggdrasil thought to him self as he walked though a demon city. "You there Child of the giants." A decrepit old lady hacked out. Yggdrasil eyes wondered over to the bright purple crystalline ball that laid on top of the old ladies lap. "Your looking for some one are you not? I Know where she is." "Where, Where is she." Yggdrasil's heart jumped "Is she okay?" he asked grabbing the old lady's arm. "Be still child i will tell you, for a price." "What will it cost?" "Your Life force child." the old lady grinned revealing a set of razor sharp teeth. "FINE WHATEVER! NOW TELL ME" "so quick to give your life boy. I like you. Very well i will tell you for 200 years of your life force." The old lady grabbed a hold of a strange box with golden runes and asked Yggdrasil to place this in the palm of his hand. Yggdrasil Grabbed the box with out hesitation as he did his body was enveloped in a golden aura that quickly whirled it's self into the box. None of Yggdrasil's Body features seemed to change other than his jet black hair. The lower half of the mans hair had turned Silver white. He handed back the box and as the old lady grabbed it. Time began to rewind. Youthful and Defined Shapes formed from under the long purple cloak and now in the old womans place stood a youthful enticing Tifeling. "Thank you." the half demon said with a seductive voice. "Where Is SHE?" Yggdrasil demanded "She has been fighting a Creature of legend and she still is." A peaceful smile came over Yggdrasil face that made the Tifeling Blush. "She still alive." a cool breeze of relief ran trough his chaotic mind set. "She is deep into the mountains North East of this town." With out a seconds delay he jolted out of the city gates the after image still emplace of where the Teifling was standing.
    He ran through the planes of hell for a full day with out rest. Until he came upon a small clearing in the mountain. Dead demon wolfs lie dead, sprawled out in varies spots on the mountain path. Arrows and sword wounds are the clear cause of death he thought. Suddenly a large 25 ft pitch black wolf jumped out from the mountain side. As the creature leaped down ward Yggdrasil Griped the creatures hind leg. "Would you be as kind enough to drop her." As Yggdrasil squeezed the wolfs leg a large snapping noise could be heard. The monster let out a dying whelp as his jaw lifted, a beautiful young woman fell from the creatures mouth. Her arm had been bitten to the point where the bone was showing. "Erika" the monk yelled out running over to her fallen body. He began healing the wound as he did so he noticed a large silver long blade breaching the wolfs chest. "Bastard bit me and took me for one last ride." "Erika You, Why did you come here. Hell of all places?" "For you silly" She said planting her lips on his. Yggdrasil face flushed but he returned her feelings in full. After Yggdrasil finished healing Erika she asked him to take Fafnir's Mane so she could craft him a Gi of power. After some time the item was finished and gifted to Yggdrasil along with Erika's Heart.

-How to Destroy Relic-
    -DC of 250 strength check to rip.
    -True wish spell
    -Ericka's Forge

-Erika’s Heart- This Black Chain necklace is approximately 8 inches in length at the center of the chain is a single Blood Red Gem that symbolizes Good heath and love.
    -Effect-The Wearer of this item is granted a
    + 10 to Wis and Con
    +Death Ward- this property are favored bythose dedicated to fighting the foul art of necromancy.While wearing or using death ward, you can activate the necklace to ignore any death effect (including death spells, magical death effects, and energy drain) or negative energy effect (such as inflict spells or chill touch). The death ward property functions 5 times per day
    +True Redemption
    This is a mind-effecting, language-dependent ability. It only functions on creatures with Int scores of 3 or higher. It has no effect on evil outsiders or on constructs. It can only be used on a single creature at a time. The faith scion spends at least half an hour talking with the subject, describing the benefits of a life of good, getting the subject to discuss past evil deeds, and showing it the harmful nature of its actions. At the ends of the time, the user must make a diplomacy check and the subject makes a will saving throw.
    The subject adds his class level to the saving throw along with any bonuses against enchantments, and the DC is set by the user’s Diplomacy check, +Highest class level. If the subject fails his Will saving throw three times in a row, the evil component of his alignment becomes neutral. If the user continues the process, another three failed saving throws shifts the neutral component to good and so on.

-How to Destroy Relic-
    -DC of 250 strength check to Break.
    -True wish spell
    -Ericka's Forge

Juggernauts Greaves +15

-Description- These Thin Obsidian Greaves have a Carving of an Ancient Tree called the Tree of Life Carved Deep into the Greaves. The Thick Leather Straps are legend to be fashioned from the Tree of Knowledge While the Greaves Were from the tree of life. These Greaves Weigh 3000 pounds apiece But are very thin and Flexible.

-Effect- the wearer of this item gains a
    -+ 10 to Wis, Con and Dex
    -Juggernaut Stage Two
    -Blinding Critical-on a successful critical the foe is stuck blind with no save.
    -Keen Strike- Your unarmed strike is considered to be a slashing keen weapon (and thus threatens a critical hit on a 19–20). (At your option, any unarmed strike can do bludgeoning damage instead, but it loses the keen quality.) This ability doesn't stack with similar abilities (for instance, if some other effect has already granted your unarmed strikes the keen special ability).

-History- After years of Searching Yggdrasil found his home land It's has been 524 years since he left but in his world no more than 20 years had gone by.
    He thought about his family at the temple where he grew up as headed in the general direction of his old home. When he arrived at the Temple of the Four Winds he saw not much had changed at all. Youthful monks training can be seen about in the court yard. "Yggdrasil!" A familiar voice called out "Silvan is that you?" Silvan was Yggdrasil child hood friend. He had grown into a man since he had last seen him "Holy Crap it is you!" Yggdrasil yelled hugging his old friend. "Master was Right!" Silvan Stated " He Said you would be coming back today!" "So How is Master doing these days?" Yggdrasil asked. "He's Waiting for you in the dojo." Silvan Replied. Yggdrasil caught up with his old friend before heading to the dojo.
    Yggdrasil walked into the training dojo to be attacked at full force by his master. The two dueled for 2 days on end without a second’s breath. Each attack met at equal Strength. Until Yggdrasil Finally Succeeded in landing a single punch, and with that punch his master withdrew from the fight. "You Have trained well Yggdrasil I can teach you no more." and with this said he bestowed Yggdrasil His Famed Juggernaut Greaves.
    -How to Destroy- Master of the four winds, and true wish
    Last edited by RelicForger; 2010-08-31 at 12:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Juggernaut Complete! FINAL

Enjoy The Juggernauts Set i worked hard on it Peace out

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

blue moon,
    you saw me standing alone.
    Et tu, Brute?

My home-brewed bootleg Homebrew

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

This is... what?

This isn't balanced at all, it's just a bunch of really big numbers and way too much bold (you only bold important information, not entire posts). The worst thing is the fact the necklace is free (which makes no sense) and all the items are far cheaper than they should be by RAW, but the permanent and constantly stacking bonuses to stats and getting a permanent template for wearing items are also really strangely designed.

Honestly, I don't even know how to balance this, but it's certainly not balanced at the moment.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2010-08-30 at 10:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

What was wrong with the other thread you made for this?

What stops some BBEG (or a PC) getting the gloves, sitting around for 30 years to get an additional 1000 Strength then punching the world into the sun as he flies off in the other direction (would anyone not want to do this?)?

Strangely the greaves grant you both improved critical and make your unarmed attacks keen. These don't stack. I'm not sure if the improved critical applies to all weapons, so maybe it's for if the player wants to use a weapon, but then why make unarmed strikes keen?

What have you made these for? Are you actually planning to let a player get these? It's just a string of big numbers, as others have said. Why not make something people will actually be able to use?
    Spelt with a silent "Phwoar"

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    This is... what?

This isn't balanced at all, it's just a bunch of really big numbers and way too much bold (you only bold important information, not entire posts). The worst thing is the fact the necklace is free (which makes no sense) and all the items are far cheaper than they should be by RAW, but the permanent and constantly stacking bonuses to stats and getting a permanent template for wearing items are also really strangely designed.

Honestly, I don't even know how to balance this, but it's certainly not balanced at the moment.
    Dear who ever you are these items as for a price are truly Priceless i just added a random number these items are supposed to be rewarded after some back breaking quest starting with the necklace which is given away. these items weren't meant to be bought or sold. but i cant stop people from doing that thats why I added a random amount.

and about the juggernaut permanent template is kinda like a martial training after the wilder gathers all the items he truly becomes the juggernaut thus gaining the template forever if you dont like it or if you got a problem help me fix it, instead of trying to get me mad with the things you wrote you better improve your mannerisms and lastly if you dont like it dont use it

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by elpollo View Post
    What was wrong with the other thread you made for this?

What stops some BBEG (or a PC) getting the gloves, sitting around for 30 years to get an additional 1000 Strength then punching the world into the sun as he flies off in the other direction (would anyone not want to do this?)?

Strangely the greaves grant you both improved critical and make your unarmed attacks keen. These don't stack. I'm not sure if the improved critical applies to all weapons, so maybe it's for if the player wants to use a weapon, but then why make unarmed strikes keen?

What have you made these for? Are you actually planning to let a player get these? It's just a string of big numbers, as others have said. Why not make something people will actually be able to use?
    did not know improved critical and keen strike didn't stack fix it.
    and its not just big number its for a fighter or monk which relies on physical damage but there always beat by the power of spells so i made this item for epic monks and stuff thanks for the critic even if no one gets what im trying ro do

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RelicForger View Post

and about the juggernaut permanent template is kinda like a martial training after the wilder gathers all the items he truly becomes the juggernaut thus gaining the template forever if you dont like it or if you got a problem help me fix it, instead of trying to get me mad with the things you wrote you better improve your mannerisms and lastly if you dont like it dont use it
    Fixing it is kind of hard when it's intended for epic levels which are in and of themselves broken.

Also, he's right. They're just big numbers.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-08-31 at 01:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, I wasn't very helpful with my criticism, and that just doesn't fly well with Flight of the Conchords.

Fixing the Fighter and Monk requires more than just giving them large numbers. Things like Timestop, Shapechanging into a Choker, etc. to break the action economy mean that high level casters are just better than non-casters. Sure, your fighter has a large plus to hit, but the wizard can automatically go first and take six standard actions before the fighter can do anything.

The problem gets even worse at epic levels - epic magic allows some truly crazy stuff to happen, and it can happen with very little cost and at fairly easy DCs. Trying to fix Epic 3.5 with items is like trying to stop a building falling over by flinging peas at it.

If you want to play crazy epicness without a broken system, D&D is not for you. You might try Exalted (ok, the system has just as many problems, if not more, but a lot of them aren't prevalent if you're with a group who don't know it), or something like Nobilis.

I've also been ninja'd by Kyuubi, as I had a meal halfway through the post.
    Spelt with a silent "Phwoar"