New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Sorry, really don't know what hapened to me there. The lillend now casts and sings as a bard-1 and reduced/fixed the ability increases.

See the post above yours.
    Nice.

Thanks.

Any suggestions for something I could try? My PM box is completely empty so requests are welcome, though I'll probably get round to them slower/less frequently than Oslecamo does.

What has not been done yet, but has been requested, actually? I could try and go through myself but it would be nice to have a list so that people can attempt them and know they aren't going to be beaten to it (unless they don't say they are attempting that monster in the thread). We'll get though requests more quickly if more people are able to help and the resulting classes can always be adjusted if their first incarnations are not quite there.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

I'm still holding out for some sort of ghost and an aranea. :)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

It's great to see slaves working for me people doing more monsters inspired by mine.
    I shall take advantage of that, and yes, I said advantage

In adition, she gains a bonus to natural armor equal to her Cha modifier, rounded up.
    Also, you missed a spot here (or Spot ). It should read half her Cha modifier, or get rid of that rounded up part.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

4. - Top - End - #214

Ghost

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d12
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+0|+0 | + 2|Ghost body, Ethereal, Manifestation, Grave Bond.
    2|+ 1|+0|+0 | + 3|Fly, Lesser Ghost Power, Greater Ghost Power.
    [/table]
    Skills: 2+int modifier per level, no class skills.

Proefeciencies:Simple weapons.

Features:
    Ghost body:a ghost loses all other racial modifiers and gains the following undead traits
    Spoiler
    Show

* No Constitution score.
    * Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    * Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    * Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
    * Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
    * Heals naturaly.
    * Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    * Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
    * Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
    * Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.

* Undead do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

The Ghost is a medium sized uncoporeal undead with base speed 30 feets. Any class levels it takes have their HD increased to d12.

Ethereal (Ex): A ghost is an ethereal creature. Like all ethereal creatures, a ghost is invisible to and cannot interact with creatures on the Material Plane, nor can material creatures harm her (but see manifestation, below). If somehow bodily transported to the Material Plane (with a plane shift or gate spell, for example) she can physically interact with other material creatures because she is solid, but she cannot manifest or return to the Ethereal Plane without magic.

A ghost is native to both the Ethereal and the Material Planes, so she is not considered extraplanar when on either of those planes.

Manifestation (Su): A ghost on the Ethereal Plane can partially enter the Material Plane at will as a fullround action. Doing so which makes her visible to creatures on the Material Plane, though she remains incorporeal with respect to them. However, she also remains partially on the Ethereal Plane, where she is not incorporeal. Opponents on either the Material Plane or the Ethereal Plane can attack a manifested ghost. The ghost's incorporeality helps to protect her from foes on the Material Plane because of the 50% incorporeal miss chance that applies to attacks from such creatures, but she has no such protection from foes on the Ethereal Plane. Notice even mundane weapons can harm the ghost while manifested.

A manifested ghost can attack with a ghost power (see below) that requires a touch attack or with a ghost touch weapon (see ghostly equipment, below). Spells cast by a manifested ghost affect both ethereal and material targets normally, except for those that rely on touch, which work only on ethereal targets.

If the ghost's original body has a weapon (see grave bond), the ghost can use it to attack material enemies normally while manifested, even if it isn't magic.

At 4HD the ghost can manifest as a standard action. At 8 HD as a move action. At 12 HD as a swift action. At 16HD as an immediate action.

Grave Bond:The ghost is a spirit of a dead creature that refuses to go to the after life. Thus they end up wandering near their own bodies.

The ghost must always remain whitin 30 feets per HD of it's original body. If any effect would cause the ghost to go further away the ghost disapears and re-apears next turn on top of his body, in ethereal state.

The ghost is a replica of it's dead body. Ghosts lucky enough to get a high quality funeral remain basically unchanged from life, while ghosts of those who died in the wild appear as rotten corpses or even ethereal skeletons. The player can always declare it had a high quality funeral, but then must take measures to protect his body from the enviroment's harshes.

In order to use equipment, the ghost must equip it on the corporeal body, and a ghostly copy materializes on the ghost. Removing equipment from the body makes the same item disapear from the ghost.

Attacking the corpse deals damage directly to the ghost. Destroying the corpse destroys the ghost. Most ghosts who go adventuring take care of aquiciring high quality coffins to protect their bodies. A manifested ghost can carry it's own body, assuming it has enough strenght.

At 10HD the ghost can distance itself as much as it wants from it's own body, as long as he spends at least 8 hours per day whitin the necessary reach of it. Failing to do so makes the ghost suffer one negative level (even if it's an undead) per day it stays away from it's body. If it has as many negative levels as HD it is destroyed. Spending 24 hours in range of it's body dissipates one such negative level.

At 20HD the the ghost can distance itself from it's body for as long as it wants, but it's still tied to it for equipment.

Lesser Ghost Power (Su):
    A ghost gains one of the following ghost powers. Unless otherwise stated, the DC is 10 + 1/2 ghost's HD + ghost's Cha modifier. They can be used 2/day for each 2HD of the ghost. They need a fullround action to use.

At 4HD the ghost can use them as a standard action. At 8 HD as a move action. At 12 HD as a swift action. At 16HD as an immediate action.

Corrupting Touch (Su): If a ghost with this ability hits a living target with her incorporeal touch attack, she deals 1d6 points of damage. Against an ethereal opponent, she adds her Strength modifier to her attack and damage rolls when using this attack. Against a material opponent, she adds her Dexterity modifier to her attack rolls only.

Frightful Moan (Su): A ghost with this ability can emit a frightful moan as a standard action. Each living creature within a 30-foot spread must succeed on a Will save or become panicked for 2d4 rounds. This ability is a sonic, necromantic, mind-affecting, fear effect. A creature that successfully saves against the moan cannot be affected by the same ghost's moan for 24 hours.

Telekinesis (Su):
    A ghost with this ability can use telekinesis as a standard action (caster level equal to the ghost's HD). Each time she uses this power, she must wait 1d4 rounds before doing so again.

Fly(Ex):
    the ghost realizes it isn't tied by gravity anymore. It can fly at it's base speed with perfect maneuverability.

Greater Ghost Power (Su):
    The ghost can choose one ghost power from the following list or two from the Lesser Ghost Powers list. They can be used 1/day for each HD of the ghost. Saves DCs are 10+1/2HD +Cha modifier and they need a fullround action to use.

At 4HD the ghost can use them as a standard action. At 8 HD as a move action. At 12 HD as a swift action. At 16HD as an immediate action.

Corrupting Gaze (Su): A ghost with this power can blast living beings with a glance at a range of up to 30 feet. Any creature that meet the ghost's gaze must succeed on a Fortitude save or take 2d10 points of damage and 1d4 points of Charisma damage.

Draining Touch (Su): If a ghost with this ability hits a living target with her incorporeal touch attack, she deals 1d4 points of ability drain to any one ability score she selects. With each such successful attack, she heals 5 points of damage to herself. Against an ethereal opponent, she adds her Strength modifier to her attack and damage rolls when using this attack. Against a material opponent, she adds her Dexterity modifier to her attack rolls only.

Horrific Appearance (Su):
    Any living creature within 60 feet that views a ghost with this ability must succeed on a Fortitude save or immediately take 1d4 points of Strength damage, 1d4 points of Dexterity damage, and 1d4 points of Constitution damage. A creature that successfully saves against this effect cannot be affected by the same ghost's horrific appearance for 24 hours.

Malevolence (Su):
    Once per round, an ethereal ghost who has this power can merge her body with that of a creature on the Material Plane. This effect is similar to that of a magic jar spell (caster level equal to the ghost's Hit Dice), except that no receptacle is required. To use this ability, the ghost must be manifested, and she must try to move into the target's space, but doing so does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The target can resist the attack with a successful Will save (DC 10+1/2HD + the ghost's Cha modifier). A creature that successfully saves is immune to that same ghost's malevolence for 24 hours, and the ghost cannot enter the target's space. If the save fails, the ghost vanishes into the target's body.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

Undead traits, etherealness, flying and the ghost powers all combine to make the ghost quite powerfull for 2 levels, even with crappy skills and saves.

My solution for trying to balance it out was to make the ghost dependant of it's original body, but said depedency grows weaker as the ghost levels up. Even if the ghost itself is a tough nut to crack, the body is vulnerable and demands constant vigilance, and it can't just be put into a pocket.

It doesn't get a bonus to AC because etherealness already make it quite hard to hit.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-28 at 06:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

could I see a gnoll, and howler (for a mount) please
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    Mine Started that the players were prisoners in a forman hive snapped out of their mind control via help of a paladin and wizard who stumbled upon them

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Ghost
    This was enough for me to glee like a little girl Now I know what am I playing next campaign, with fellow PC carrying around a curios coffin on his back (like this). That would be totally awesome, Warlock ghost merged with his gunslinging friend .P

I might have to marry you sir
    ---

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by DaHamr View Post
    could I see a gnoll, and howler (for a mount) please
    Are you implying giving a regular mount levels in the hypothetical howler class? Because that would be genius, and awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

I've always wanted to play a doppelganger, but the RHD is always so taxing. Think you could help me out?

9. - Top - End - #219

Aranea

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d10
    1|+ 0|+0 |+0 | +2 | Aranea body, poison, change shape, web.
    2|+ 1|+ 0|+0 | +3 |Arcane soul, +1 Cha
    3|+ 1|+ 1|+ 1| +3 |Spider sense, +1 Dex, +1 Cha
    4|+ 2|+ 1|+1 | +4 |Poison spit, +1 Cha, +1 Dex
    [/table]
    Skills:2+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills are class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff, Intimidate, Climb, Jump, Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Proefeciencies:an aranea is proefecient with it's natural weapons , and web attack.

Features:
    Aranea body: At 1st level, the aranea loses all other racial bonus and gets magic beast traits(darkvision 60 feets and low light vision basicaly). She's a medium sized magic beast with base speed 50 and climb speed equal to half her land speed and a natural bite attack dealing 1d6+1,5 str damage. It gains a +8 bonus to all climb checks and can always take 10 in that skill, even if rushed or threatened.

In its natural form, an aranea resembles a big spider, with a humpbacked body a little bigger than a human torso. It has fanged mandibles like a normal spider. Two small arms, each about 2 feet long, lie below the mandibles. Each arm has a hand with four many-jointed fingers and a double-jointed thumb. Those arms are capable of fine manipulation, in particular spellcasting. An aranea can also wield weapons with them.

She also gets a bonus to nat armor equal to her Con modifier.

Poison:Delivered by bite attack, fort save DC=10+1/2HD+Con mod, 1d4 Str damage initial damage, 1d8 secondary damage. For each two extra HD of the aranea, both the initial and secondary damage increase one die size.

Web:
    In spider or hybrid form (see below), an aranea can throw a web up to 2 times per day for each HD it has. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 10 feets per HD, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets of up to one size category bigger than the aranea. The web anchors the target in place, allowing no movement.

An entangled creature can escape with a DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier Escape Artist check or burst the web with a DC 10+HD+Con modifier Strength check. The web has 2 hit points per HD of the aranea, hardness 0, and takes double damage from fire.

Change Shape (Su):An aranea’s natural form is that of a Medium monstrous spider as described on aranea body. It can assume two other forms. The first is a unique Small or Medium humanoid; an aranea in its humanoid form always assumes the same appearance and traits, much as a lycanthrope would. In humanoid form, an aranea cannot use its bite attack, webs, or poison.

The second form is a Medium spider-humanoid hybrid. In hybrid form, an aranea looks like a Medium humanoid at first glance, but a DC 10+HD+Cha mod Spot check reveals the creature’s fangs and spinnerets. The aranea retains its bite attack, webs, and poison in this form, and can also wear normal humanoid armor and equipment. When in hybrid form, an aranea’s speed is 30 feet and it doesn't have a climb speed.

An aranea remains in one form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change in form cannot be dispelled, nor does an aranea revert to its natural form when killed. A true seeing spell, however, reveals its natural form if it is in humanoid or hybrid form.

This ability can be used 2/day for each HD of the aranea.

Ability increase: An aranea gains a permanent +1 to Dex at levels 1, 3 and 4 and +1 to Cha at levels 2, 3 and 4.

Arcane soulAn aranea casts as a sorceror of it's aranea level-1. Sorceror levels stack with this ability.

Spider sense:The aranea gains a bonus to spot, listen and climb checks equal to half her HD, rounded up.

Spit poison: the aranea can now apply her poison in any weapon it has holded as a move action. This poison lasts 1 hour per HD or untill used, wichever comes first.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The aranea is a sorcerous spider. She casts one level away from a sorceror and has no basic weapon proefecinecy, but backs it up with a great base speed, web, poison, superior HD and a bonus to cha and dex over it's 4 levels.

Altough the obvious course for this monster is going sorceror, 1 level dip could be usefull for other builds thanks to the climb speed, web and poisonous bite.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-20 at 05:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Colossus in the Playground

Well done. It could make an interesting Dex/Cha gish, like a Bladesinger or something.

Now, you already did the Lillend, one of my favourite monsters (even though you used the lame 3.X picture). What about a few more fey? Nymph or Dryad are obvious choices, but there are much more interesting fey. What was that tiny plant fey called...
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-03-20 at 05:51 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Now, you already did the Lillend, one of my favourite monsters (even though you used the lame 3.X picture).
    By all means, feel free to sugest better pictures. Google images for lillend only show the MM image, womens with too few clothing for this forum, or some ones I believe are even lamer.

What about a few more fey? Nymph or Dryad are obvious choices, but there are much more interesting fey. What was that tiny plant fey called...
    For the waiting list, my friend, for the waiting list. The aranea and ghost had already been asked some pages ago and I ended up skipping the marilith wich I also want to do. Next is doppelganger (also requested some pages ago), gnolls, and...I would make a proper waiting list if I had more time for this project.

12. - Top - End - #222

Well, there's Di'Terlizzi's picture, though that might fall under the "not enough clothing" section. Still, nothing is visible, so I'll post it.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

I would make a proper waiting list if I had more time for this project.
    If you want I could make up a waiting list, could be edited into my first post, perhaps with a link in the OP.

Let me know if you would like me to do so.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Mythestopheles View Post
    If you want I could make up a waiting list, could be edited into my first post, perhaps with a link in the OP.

Let me know if you would like me to do so.
    Yes please. See the stuff people requested, put it in order and post it here, and I'll copy-pasta it in my first post.

Thanks in advance.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground

Would it be fair to if playing an Aranea to loose the ability boosts and spell casting and make it a too level class.

Personally I think it's weird to make ghosts undead, undead typically lack souls and are not the same creature as they were in life. Can you make an outsider version of the class? I do use the rules that lets outsiders "sleep" and lets them travel to the material via the ethereal to possess people, it's in the eberron campaign setting and I think fiend folio or the book of vile darkness.

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Geiger Counter View Post
    Would it be fair to if playing an Aranea to loose the ability boosts and spell casting and make it a too level class.
    Probably yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geiger Counter View Post
    Personally I think it's weird to make ghosts undead, undead typically lack souls and are not the same creature as they were in life. Can you make an outsider version of the class? I do use the rules that lets outsiders "sleep" and lets them travel to the material via the ethereal to possess people, it's in the eberron campaign setting and I think fiend folio or the book of vile darkness.
    That depends on your view of undeads. In my view, undeads are tormented souls, either by their own actions or someone elses.

A skeleton/zombie/mummy is a soul that's locked in a body by magic.

Ghouls and mhorgs are souls so wicked they keep moving their bodies even after death, becoming twisted creatures.

Vampires become mockeries of life, darkening their souls to they can feed on the souls of others.

Shades, allips, wraiths and ghosts arebitter bodyless souls wich keep roaming the material plane, refusing to go to the after life.

They are neither alive or dead. They are the undead.

Fiends are the ones who can go ethereal and possess people, not ghosts. Eberron also has the quori wich however are alienbeings of other dimensions.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-20 at 06:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Apropos View Post
    I've always wanted to play a doppelganger, but the RHD is always so taxing. Think you could help me out?
    I agree with Apropos, and i was also wondering if it would be possible to make a black dragon.

They are the best dragons ever!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

*fangirl squeal of joy* Thank you for doing both a great ghost and aranea! I've been having issues playing both with their respective LA and/or HD issues, and this will make it worlds easier to stat one of the characters I'm trying to build! Initially I wasn't sold on the idea of the ghost being stuck with his or her body but that is a great handicap that could lead to some truly interesting situations!

Not terrible constructive but thanks they're both awesome!

19. - Top - End - #229

Thanks for the Lillend.

This makes a little scenario easier to do.

Merci.

Sigurd
    Logo by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Dannan-Kun View Post
    I agree with Apropos, and i was also wondering if it would be possible to make a black dragon.

They are the best dragons ever!
    So true, acidic jet breath FTW!

I'm going to be doing the rest of the MM True Dragons at some point (maybe even tommorow today if people are convincing enough). I'm also in charge of the Giants. Oslecamo may regret (or enjoy) having made a joke on the Giant varieties in his PM to me, why that is will remain a secret for now (unless Oslecamo reveals it)!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

This look good to you?

I added book names for monsters outside the original MM.

Its possible I may have missed some, so if anyone's request is not here let me or Oslecamo (probably Oslecamo) know.

{table=head]Monster Requested|Requested by
    Half-Dragon | CTLC
    Marilith | Bodez
    Doppleganger | Apropos
    Gnoll | GenPol
    Deathdrinker (MM4) | Dante & Vergil
    Salamander | Darkkwalker
    Androsphynx | Darkkwalker
    Gynosphynx | Darkkwalker
    Couatl | Darkkwalker
    Leonal | Darkkwalker
    Mephits | Darkkwalker
    Pyroclastic Dragon (Dr) | Kyuubi
    Styx Dragon (Dr) | Kyuubi
    Lillend | sigurd
    Dryder | sigurd
    Concordant Killer (MM4) | Dire Weasel
    Etherguants (FF) | Geiger Counter
    Yuan-Ti Anathema | Quirp
    Giants | Ralasha
    Lycanthropes | Bodez
    Bralani | Zaakar
    more Slaads | Trenelus
    Ghaele Eladrin | Eldariel
    Howler | DaHamr
    Nymph | Eldan
    Dryad | Eldan
    Black Dragon | Dannan-Kun[/table]
    Last edited by Mythestopheles; 2010-03-21 at 01:37 PM.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232

I'd like to do the Salamander. Any particular age or all three (Flamebrother, Average and Noble, IIRC)? I'll be trying to do some stuff later but I'll have to resist playing Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria so it may not happen. I'm loving this project, normally I screw up really badly when I try to help with stuff but I hope it won't happen this time. Thanks for that list Mythestopheles. Maybe we can get down who's doing what on there somewhere too. I'll post that with something later today if all goes to plan.

23. - Top - End - #233

I'd think that several very similar monsters, especially those which are essentially upgrade versions of each other, can easily be done in one class. So levelling in the Salamander class could take you through different stages.

24. - Top - End - #234

I'd think that several very similar monsters, especially those which are essentially upgrade versions of each other, can easily be done in one class. So levelling in the Salamander class could take you through different stages.
    Indeed, I did that for the yuan-ti, vasukant, solar and dragons.

Also, I put your image of the lillend, the mods aproved.

Mythestopheles:
    Thanks a lot! Already put it in the first page.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-21 at 02:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

I'll just have you know that I'll probably have a take at Nymph and Dryad, should be done in a day or two, I got to take care of two base classes first .D
    ---

26. - Top - End - #236

Spoiler
    Show

Salamander

Hit Die: d8.
    Skills: 4+Int modifier per level, multiplied by four at first character level. Class skills are: Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex) and Spot (Wis).

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Salamander Body, Tail Slap (1d4), Heat (1)

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Constrict, Heat (1d3), +1 Con

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Constrict, Heat (1d6), +1 Int

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Class Ability

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Class Ability

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Class Ability

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Class Ability

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Class Ability

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Class Ability

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Class Ability[/table]

Class Abilities:
    Salamander Body:You lose all racial bonuses and abilities. You gain Outsider traits and Small size. Your speed becomes twenty feet. You also gain immunity to fire and a vulnerability to cold. You gain a natural armour bonus equal to your Constitution bonus or +1, whichever is higher. You gain a tail slap as a natural weapon. It deals damage as indicated on the table and is a primary natural weapon. Salamanders have a +4 racial bonus on Craft (blacksmithing) checks. Salamanders have the Multiattack feat as a bonus feat.

Heat (Ex): You deal fire damage equal to the number in parenthesis when you are grappling, attacking with a metal or otherwise heat-conductive melee weapon, attacking with an unarmed strike or natural weapon or if you make a melee touch attack as a standard action.

Improved Grab (Ex):

To use this ability, a salamander must hit a creature of up to one size larger than itself with its tail slap attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Constrict (Ex): A salamander deals automatic tail slap damage (including fire damage) with a successful grapple check. A noble salamander can constrict multiple creatures simultaneously, provided they are all at least two sizes smaller than it.

That's the Flamebrother done, I'll come back to this later in the week.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2010-03-21 at 02:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Mythestopheles:Thanks a lot! Already put it in the first page.
    No problem. I've fallen in love with this project, and I'm happy to help in any way I can.
    Last edited by Mythestopheles; 2010-03-27 at 03:35 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Dryad

Couldn't find a decent photo, at least not one safe for forums .D
    Spoiler
    Show

1|+ 0|+0 |+0 | +2 |Nature Embodied, Tree Dependent, Nature's Attendant
    2|+ 1|+ 0|+0 | +3 |Wild Empathy, Nature's Guardian, Fey body
    3|+ 1|+ 1|+ 1| +3 |Nature's Advocate, Cha +2
    [/table]
    Skills:6+Int modifier per level, Class skills are Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), Spot, Listen, Survival, Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently.

Proficiencies: Dryad has no proficiencies.

Features:

Nature Embodied: The dryad loses all other racial bonuses and gains fey traits (basically Low-light vision). She's an fey with base speed 30 feet. She also gains a bonus to natural armor equal to her Cha modifier. Also, dryad levels stack with druid levels for the purpose of caster level, and she can use her Charisma as primary stat for casting instead of Wisdom.

Tree Dependent: A dryad must stay always within 100 yards per HD of her chosen tree. Dryad can choose a new tree by doing a 24 hour ritual.

Nature's Attendant: Entangle, Tree Shape, Speak with Plants at will.

Fey body: DR/cold iron equal to half her HD.

Wild Empathy: At level 2 Dryad gains Wild Empathy as druid, with +6 bonus on check. If you have Wild Empathy from some other source your Dryad levels stack with that class for Wild Empathy (you still get +6 bonus).

Nature's Guardian: Deep Slumber, Tree Stride 3/day.

Nature's Advocate: Charm Person 3/day, Suggestion 1/day.

Ability increase: Dryad gains Cha + 2 at level 3.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spell like abilites, along with fey type, and DR. It doesn't go well if you dip it, but stacks well with druid.

So, you like it?
    Last edited by Sila Prirode; 2010-03-22 at 08:48 AM.
    ---

29. - Top - End - #239

I just want to point out that the acolyte of the devourer and handmaiden of the stone serpent is my own way of stating devourers an medusa/gargoyles.

30. - Top - End - #240

Perhaps, in the spirit of these stacking with classes, give the dryad levels of druid casting with charisma replacing wisdom, instead of a few (good) spell-likes at will?