New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by FirebirdFlying View Post
    2. Bleh, teleport. I've no idea where they came up with that…I've added it in, though. As for spellcasting - the idea was to have the unicorn be the more spell-oriented version of the pegasus, because without that there's very little difference. (Whoo, horn instead of bite, and it can't fly. Oh, and it can cure things a couple times a day). Both of them are horses with high Str. Unicorn's a little more Wis + Cha. They're both CR3. Don't like evil. I really don't think the spell-likes are worth flight - maybe I should boost them and cut spellcasting?
    Well yes unicorns and pegasus are both mystical horses.

Anyway Draken's right, the unicorn is a horned horse first and a spellcaster second. Remove the spellcasting, put Str and Con increases on both.

Speaking of wich remove pounce from pegasus, that's for fierce predators. Put scalable bonus to spot and listen instead.

If you really want the "divine blood" ability give him pseudo-spellcaster like the other monsters around here. And to the unicorn as well since we're at it.

Do you think unicorn needs Wild Empathy, by the way?
    Yes.

Also you completely left out the unicorn's immunity to charms, compulsion and poison (look at the stat block), wich kinda balances the lack of flight.

Plus both unicorn and pegasus have scent. Did I mention Str and Con bonus already? Stop thinking spellcasters and predators. Start thinking horses.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

I'd like to request a Gold Dragon.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

I'm workig on the Couatl atm. At what level should their growth from Medium to Large happen? Is there a formula I haven't seen, or is it just whenever it fits?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I'm workig on the Couatl atm. At what level should their growth from Medium to Large happen? Is there a formula I haven't seen, or is it just whenever it fits?
    Whichever CR they grow at is the formula for dragons. Although the Pyroclastic breaks this formula.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Whichever CR they grow at is the formula for dragons. Although the Pyroclastic breaks this formula.
    Unfortunately the Couatl doesn't inherently grow, but thanks for the info. I shall remember that.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96

Speaking of wich, why haven't you solved that yet?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Speaking of wich, why haven't you solved that yet?

I will soon. Give me a minute.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-08-27 at 03:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Heh, really now? Well thanks.

Now, if anyone has any requests, there aren't any more monsters that I've been wanting to make... of course, that'll probably change soon enough.
    Illurien! Do Illurien!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, changed the Pyroclastic's growth to what it should be according to Draconomnomnomicon.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Last, both of your creatures are missing the ubiquitous Natural Armor = to Constitution modifier (this rule is only ever changed for beings with no Con).
    Noooo. The illithid & marrutact, among others, both have their natural armor based off of different ability scores.

Illurien! Do Illurien!
    I was very tempted to, but I think that one should be left up to the master. I'm good at working with monsters with too little stuff, as opposed to monsters with too much stuff: I'd rather just start with a blank slate than have to work something into balance.
    Speaking of which.

My favorite demon (aside from the succubus of course) is the glabrezu. However... I have no effing clue what to do with the wish thing. I'd really like to make the class, but I'm just not good at that stuff. So, Oslecamo (and any others), what would you suggest I do with that?

Really just wherever it fits. Heck, if you need to draw it out, you give it powerful build early on and then give it large size sans the powerful build later. I've seen growth at level 3 and I've seen growth at level 9.

@Deathdrinker: Looks pretty good, but a few gripes:
    Aura of unlife: At the end of each DeathDrinker's turn every other creature, whitin 4 feet for every 5 DeathDrinker HD takes 1d6 damage per 4 DeathDrinker HD.
    Did you mean 5 feet? 4 feet is a weird number.

Death Disciple: That's just scary. I'd do something like... just bonus spells off of strength, or something like that. We're looking at a Clericzilla- already quite powerful- on crack, pumping solely strength and already having a quite sizable strength bonus (+5 looks like).

Death Tracker: A nasty DM would so, so take advantage of this. Donno if you intended this. Can we say Elemental plane of vaccum!

Warrior Magic: At first, I was going to take exception to this, as most PCs would likely have a constitution bonus around 10 by the time the ability is gained, but really, most of the SLAs aren't very combatworthy.

You know, the third post of this thread is a huge list of requests already done, feel free to pick whatever you want. Doing the deathdrinker right now.
    Good point. I call joystealer, Movanic, & nazarthune. I'm also looking at the war troll.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-08-27 at 04:06 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well yes unicorns and pegasus are both mystical horses.

Anyway Draken's right, the unicorn is a horned horse first and a spellcaster second. Remove the spellcasting, put Str and Con increases on both.

Speaking of wich remove pounce from pegasus, that's for fierce predators. Put scalable bonus to spot and listen instead.
    Done and done.
    If you really want the "divine blood" ability give him pseudo-spellcaster like the other monsters around here. And to the unicorn as well since we're at it.
    …I'm missing something, because I was sure that's what the divine blood thing is. Doesn't actually give any levels, but stacks with ones gained later.
    Also you completely left out the unicorn's immunity to charms, compulsion and poison (look at the stat block), which kinda balances the lack of flight.

Plus both unicorn and pegasus have scent. Did I mention Str and Con bonus already? Stop thinking spellcasters and predators. Start thinking horses.
    Can do.

Changelog:
    Pegasus:
    Dropped Pounce, added Scent and the racial bonus to Spot and Listen. Added in a Con bonus.
    Unicorn:
    Dropped casting, added in Wild Empathy and racial to Move Silently (under Guardian of the Forest). Added bonuses against poison/charm/compulsion which scale to immunity. Added Scent. Added Con bonus.

Better?

(And thanks, by the way!)

12. - Top - End - #102

Murderjack

Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d6

{table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+0 |+0 |+2 | +0 | Fey Body, Sneak Attack +1d6, Spells
    2|+1|+0|+3 | +0 | Woodland Camouflage, +1 Str
    3|+1|+1|+3| +1 | Sneak Attack +2d6
    4|+2|+1|+4 | +1 | Sudden Lunge +1 Cha
    5|+2|+1|+4| +1 | Sneak Attack +3d6, +1 Str
    6|+3|+2|+5 | +2 | Greater Fey Body, +1 Cha
    7|+3|+2|+5 | +2| Sneak Attack +4d6, +1 Str
    8|+4|+2|+6 | +2 | Frightful Presence, +1 Cha
    9|+4|+3| +6| +3 | Sneak Attack +5d6, True Fey Body
    [/table]
    Skill Points: 4+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level.
    Class skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int) and Tumble (Dex).

Proficiencies: Murderjacks are proficient with natural weapons and light armour

Fey Body: A Murderjack loses all racial features and becomes a Fey. It gains low-light vision, a base speed of 30 feet and two claw attacks that deal 1d4 damage and are treated as the Murderjack's primary attacks. It takes no penalty for attacking with both claws as a fullattack. A Murderjack has natural armor equal to his Con modifier.

Sneak Attack: As the Rogue ability.

Spells: A Murderjack knows and casts spells just like a Bard of it's MurderJack. Murderjack levels that grant casting stack with Bard levels for the purpose of determining the Bard's caster level, spells known and spells per day

Woodland Camouflage (Su): In woodland areas, the murderjack's green and brown seems to blur and fade into the brackground. Attacks directed at a murderjack of 2nd level or higher when it is in a woodland area suffer a 5% miss chance, plus an additional 5% for every two HD the murderjack possesses (up to 50% at 20th level).

Ability increase:
    At levels 2, 5 and 7 the MurderJack gains +1 to Str.
    At levels 4, 6, 8 the MurderJack gains +3 to Cha.
    So at level 9 the MurderJack has +3 to Str and Cha.

Sudden Lunge (Su): Once per hour, a murderjack of 4th level or higher can move up to its speed as a free action.

Greater Fey Body: At 6th level, the murderjack's base land speed increases to 40ft and it gains a climb speed of 40ft. Its claw damage improves to 1d6. It gains DR/cold iron equal to half it's HD.

Frightening Presence (Su): When a murderjack of 8th level or higher charges or attacks, it inspires terror in all enemies within 5 feet per HD that have fewer Hit Dice or levels than it has. Each potentially affected opponent must succeed at a Will save (10 + 1/2 of the murderjack's HD + its CHA modifier) or become panicked. Even if they suceed they are shaken. Enemies with equal or more Hit Dice become shaken only on a failed save. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

True Fey Body: At 9th level, the murderjack's base land speed increases to 50ft and its climb speed increases to 50ft. It gains spell resistance of 11+its HD.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

Original

I had to reduce its Sneak Attack by two dice and give it a not-useless SR (Standard has 6+HD). Bardic casting mirrors the original at 2/3 HD. It's not quite as good as the Rogue (less BAB, skill points, skills, proficiencies) or the Bard (no songs, less BAB, less skills, less casting) but can enter PrCs intended for both without too much hassle and has tasty ability bonuses.

My comments:

Pumped out the spellcasting, lowered the skills and stat bonus. So we get a songless bard with sneak attack, DR, SR, +3 to Str and Cha, less skill points and just one save to make space for some extra feyish abilities.

Better picture needed. Google search for Murderjack only gives photos of real people. Something elvish, savage, but whitout manufactured weapons.

Contributed by Flickerdart
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-23 at 07:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, me again, got two requests.
    One: link werehydra (post #425, page 16, first thread) to OP, even if you have to say "poorly done" or "needs reworking" beside the link. Also, fix my name beside half-troll. "Flarbort"? got an extra "r" there...
    Two: does anyone have time to try making a Formian class? Or has it already been suggested and shot down? I forget. Anyways, is it possible?
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-08-27 at 04:18 PM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Hey, me again, got two requests.
    Two: does anyone have time to try making a Formian class? Or has it already been suggested and shot down? I forget. Anyways, is it possible?
    I was looking into making a Formian class myself. The big problem with it is that they're all similar enough that making separate classes for each breed would be boring, but making it all the same class would be impossible. Do you have any kind of Formian in specific you wanted?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Does anybody know what book/s Platinum dragons are in? The post didn't state a source and AFAIK the only platinum dragon is Bahamut. Although I've heard somebody say they're CR 29 when they come out of the shell.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-08-27 at 04:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really. I was thinking all in one, but I see that's a bit difficult, now. can you atleast roll the first three into one, worker+warrior+taskmaster? And make a feat that prevents advancement past first or second that gives worker it's abilities that warrior+taskmaster don't have?

edit:ninja'd:
    Does anybody know what book/s Platinum dragons are in? The post didn't state a source and AFAIK the only platinum dragon is Bahamut. Although I've heard somebody say they're CR 29 when they come out of the shell.
    WHAT IN THE WORLD?! 29 right out of the egg?!!??!/!!?!11?!!!?!!//?!!!?!/!/11?!??!!
    Sorry. You're going to have trouble with that one, if that's the case. I have pity for you.
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-08-27 at 04:26 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe that's dragonlance... though don't quote me on it. Google always helps, by the by.

Not really. I was thinking all in one, but I see that's a bit difficult, now. can you atleast roll the first three into one, worker+warrior+taskmaster? And make a feat that prevents advancement past first or second that gives worker it's abilities that warrior+taskmaster don't have?
    'Fraid not. They all have some very disparate abilities, and you'd lose some in each transition: I can't do it for the same reason we couldn't do the transition from flesh golem to clay golem to stone golem to iron golem. They're all very similar, but the only time we can do that is if it has the exact same abilities but more. The warriors & taskmasters are verrrrry different creatures.

18. - Top - End - #108

My favorite demon (aside from the succubus of course) is the glabrezu. However... I have no effing clue what to do with the wish thing. I'd really like to make the class, but I'm just not good at that stuff. So, Oslecamo (and any others), what would you suggest I do with that?
    Check out the Djinni (aka just make them pay the exp cost if they try to abuse it), unless you want something more flavourfull.

I was very tempted to, but I think that one should be left up to the master. I'm good at working with monsters with too little stuff, as opposed to monsters with too much stuff:
    Praise will get you nowhere actualy it makes me more interested on making it.

@Deathdrinker: Looks pretty good, but a few gripes:

Did you mean 5 feet? 4 feet is a weird number.
    Yes I swapped a couple numbers there.

Death Disciple: That's just scary. I'd do something like... just bonus spells off of strength, or something like that. We're looking at a Clericzilla- already quite powerful- on crack, pumping solely strength and already having a quite sizable strength bonus (+5 looks like).
    Well, other pseudo-spellcasters get bonus to their mental stats. The succubus gets +7 Cha in 7 levels and then goes to town with sorceror or cleric using Cha instead of Wis.

Death Tracker: A nasty DM would so, so take advantage of this. Donno if you intended this. Can we say Elemental plane of vaccum!
    Well that's mostly the DM being really evil. Get somebody to cast commune for you before. Or an amulet of planar adaptation to ignore any and all enviromental hazards.

Warrior Magic: At first, I was going to take exception to this, as most PCs would likely have a constitution bonus around 10 by the time the ability is gained, but really, most of the SLAs aren't very combatworthy.
    Like mentioned the DeathDrinker SLAs are mostly support. Greater teleport allows you to close in quickly and then fullattack, greater dispel magic to debuff your oponents, Air walk for quick self-flight if you're caught on the ground.

Good point. I call joystealer, Movanic, & nazarthune. I'm also looking at the war troll.
    Actualy I call dibs on the Movanic as one of my favorite monsters from a DM perspective. Epic deflection at level 5 FTW!

…I'm missing something, because I was sure that's what the divine blood thing is. Doesn't actually give any levels, but stacks with ones gained later.
    Your ability just givex extra CL, mine gives you the oportunity to jump right away for higher level spells skiping low level ones.

Also, increase the radius of the guardian area. There's very little reason to teleport inside a 20by 20 foot area at 20 HD. More like 100 foot by HD. And allow any kind of terrain, more teleports by day as it levels up and shorter exploration to set up a new home (24 hours).

Otherwise yes, better now.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

really? A task master seems to be a warrior Plus dominate monster, maybe minus a bite attack.
    It even says specifically
    Quote Originally Posted by d20srd
    A taskmaster is about the same size as a warrior.
    So they seem really similar.
    'course, I don't have fluff on hand, but they're all giant ants basically, right?
    Or is one of them snake like?
    Crunch wise, the task master is a warrior with extra. fluff... you may be right, I don't know.
    Edit: ninja'd again! this thread hates me, doesn't it.
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-08-27 at 04:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Check out the Djinni (aka just make them pay the exp cost if they try to abuse it), unless you want something more flavourfull.
    Will do.

Praise will get you nowhere actualy it makes me more interested on making it.

Well, other pseudo-spellcasters get bonus to their mental stats. The succubus gets +7 Cha in 7 levels and then goes to town with sorceror or cleric using Cha instead of Wis.
    Yeah, but the thing about charisma is all it does is skills and spellcasting. The problem with this guy is he can pump strength, getting really good at melee, then use his massive amounts of bonus spells to get insanely good at melee.

Like mentioned the DeathDrinker SLAs are mostly support. Greater teleport allows you to close in quickly and then fullattack, greater dispel magic to debuff your oponents, Air walk for quick self-flight if you're caught on the ground.
    Oh, yeah, no problem there.

Actualy I call dibs on the Movanic as one of my favorite monsters from a DM perspective. Epic deflection at level 5 FTW!
    Hey, I got there first! And you already stole the Ghaele from me.

really? A task master seems to be a warrior Plus dominate monster, maybe minus a bite attack.
    It even says specifically

So they seem really similar.
    Oh, yeah, you're right. I was thinking myrmarch... yeah, I suppose you could make a warrior/taskmaster class.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-08-27 at 04:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold-Bard:

AustontheGreat1:

-You forgot to scale the summon monster capstone.
    -Why take empower over maximize? Weaker blaze feats should have lmore uses.
    -Please clarify that fire subtype gives you immunity to fire and +50% damage from cold.
    -Quicken blaze feat to use abilities as swift action?

Otherwise, great job! Just one basic elemental to go! (and then the dozens of of obscure splatbook elementals)

Now, one idea lingering in my head it's that the elementals should be able to go back to their older sizes and back at will as a standard or move action, since they're made of energy and aren't suposed to have a fixed shape/size, just maximum and minimum. What do you think?
    Ok, addressed everything except the size thing. One question about that.

Should this ability be available from the first level they grow? Included into growth of at a higher level?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Got to post 1040 but I need to do some cleaning up now. Here's the requests I found. Didn't check whether they'd been done or not.

Astral Stalker and Arrow demon
    Arcanaloch
    Daelkyr
    Half troll (Fiend folio)
    Half Scrag (fiend folio)
    Fetch (Dragon magazine 313, Crystal keep)
    Fleshvigor (Dragon 315)
    Corrupted (dragon 350)
    Valkyrie (Tome of battle)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Got to post 1040 but I need to do some cleaning up now. Here's the requests I found. Didn't check whether they'd been done or not.

Astral Stalker and Arrow demon
    Arcanaloch
    Daelkyr
    Half troll (Fiend folio)
    Half Scrag (fiend folio)
    Fetch (Dragon magazine 313, Crystal keep)
    Fleshvigor (Dragon 315)
    Corrupted (dragon 350)
    Valkyrie (Tome of battle)
    Half Scrag and half troll have already been done. The fetch is just a ghost sans incorporeality.

24. - Top - End - #114

Hey, I got there first! And you already stole the Ghaele from me.
    Stole? I grant you the honor of helping me here, and then relieve you of your work when needed!

This time I'm even warning you beforehand!

AustontheGreat1: At first level they grow.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-27 at 04:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Also, increase the radius of the guardian area. There's very little reason to teleport inside a 20by 20 foot area at 20 HD. More like 100 foot by HD. And allow any kind of terrain, more teleports by day as it levels up and shorter exploration to set up a new home (24 hours).

Otherwise yes, better now.
    Oh, wow, meant for that to be in miles. I'll do it that way, though. Thanks again!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Stole? I grant you the honor of helping me here, and then relieve you of your work when needed!

This time I'm even warning you beforehand!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Coatl

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Dice: d8

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+1|+0|+0|+2|Lesser Psionics, Rainbow Body, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    2|+2|+0|+0|+3|Superior Sorcery, Telepathy
    3|+3|+1|+1|+3|Improved Grab, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    4|+4|+1|+1|+4|Flight, Moderate Psionics
    5|+5|+1|+1|+4|Growth, Shape Change, +1 Str or Cha
    6|+6/+1|+2|+2|+5|Constrict, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    7|+7/+2|+2|+2|+5|First Domain
    8|+8/+3|+2|+2|+6|Venom
    9|+9/+4|+3|+3|+6|Greater Psionics, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    10|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7|Rainbow Master, Second Domain, +1 Str or Cha[/table]

Class Skills: (4+Int, x4 at 1st level) Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Jump Know (Arcana, Nature, Planes, Psionics, Religion), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Tumble, Use Magic Device

Proficiencies: Couatls are proficient with their own natural weapons.

Class Features

Rainbow Body: Couatls lose all racial traits & features and gains the Outsider type including all traits determined by that. They are Native to the Material Plane, and recieve the Extraplanar subtype when anywhere else.
    They are Medium sized with a land speed of 20ft. They have wings but are not able to fly yet; however they can use them to slow their descent, meaning they never take more than 1d6 falling damage, and flapping grants them a +4 racial bonus on Jump Checks.
    They gain a bite attack that deals 1d2+Str damage and inflicts it's Poison.
    Couatls gain a natural armour bonus equal to it's Con Mod.

Lesser Psionics (Sp): A Couatl may use Detect Chaos, Detect Evil, Detect Good, Detect Law & Hypnotism as the spells 1/day for each HD it has. The Save DC for all current and future Couatl Psionics abilities is 10+1/2HD+Cha Mod.

Poison: (Ex) The Couatl inflicts it's Poison on any target that takes damage from it's bite attack. It deals 1d4 Str damage, and the same again 1 minute later. The Save DC is 10+1/2HD+Con Mod.
    It may use the poison as often as it likes, but only 1/round.
    At 6HD and every 6 after that the Poison deals an additional die of primary & secondary damage.

Stat boosts (Ex): At first, third, sixth & ninth level the Coual gains +1 to Str and Cha. At fifth and tenth level it gains +1 to either Str or Cha, representing that individual's choice to focus more on it's physical or magical abilities.

Superior Sorcery: From second level a Couatl casts spells as a Sorcerer of it's Couatl level -1. Despite having no hands Couatls use a
    combination of wing beats an snake-like movements to provide the somantic components for spells as easily as any other race can.
    Couatl Caster Levels stack with Sorcerer levels for spells/day and spells known, but not Familiar advancement. Couatl levels can also be used as Sorcerer levels for PrC pre-requisites.

Telepathy (Su): The Couatl's blossoming magical abilities allow it to speak directly into the minds of others. It gains Telepathy at a range of 10ft/HD.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a Couatl must hit a creature of up to two size categories larger with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. Once it reaches 6th level, if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can use it's Constrict.

Flight (Ex): At fourth level the Couatl's wings become strong enough to sustain flight. It gains a fly speed of 40ft(A).

Moderate Psionics (Sp): The Couatl may now use Detect Thoughts and Invisibility 1/day for each 2HD it has.

Growth (Ex): The Couatl grows to large size. It's bite now deals 1d3+Str damage.

Change Shape (Su): A Couatl may assume the form of any Small or Medium Humanoid for 1 hour/HD each day. Changing form is a Move equivalent action.

Constrict (Ex): At sixth level the Couatl also develops it's physical strength. On a successful Grapple check it deals 2d8+Str damage to the target.

First Domain (Ex): At seventh level the Couatl unlocks new power from the jungle cults that worship it's species. It may select any one of the following Cleric Domains (Air, Good & Law) and add all the spells up to and including the level they can currently cast as a Sorcerer (under usual circumstances this would be 1-3) as bonus spells to their Spells known automatically, and it may choose any remaining spells from that Domain as spells known in future.
    All spells from domains are considered arcane in nature for the Couatl so try don't require a divine focus, but are subject to arcane spell failure.

Venom (Ex): At eighth level the Couatl's poison takes on new potency. The Couatl may either:
    -Increase all it's Poison damage to d6s
    or
    -Change the stat that the poison affects each time they recover their spells for the day.

Greater Psionics (Sp): At ninth level the Couatl may use Plane Shift And Ethereal Jaunt as the spells 1/day for every 4HD they have.

Second Domain (Ex): The Couatl gains another Domain from the previous list, and again adds the spells of levels that it can currently castas bonus spells to it's spells known (usually 1-4). As with it's First Domain the Couatl can now choose from the remaining spells in the domain as regular spells known.

Rainbow Master (Ex): At tenth level the Couatl becomes a paragon of it's kind. It's Fly Speed improves to 60ft(G). They also gain the Domain power for the two Domains they have chosen. Finally they gain a +1 racial bonus to the DCs of their Psionics abilities and their Poison.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    And there's the Couatl, my third lizardy monster in one day. Totally a coincidence, but maybe I'm just a weirdo

Gave it good BAB to make us of it's combat abilities, and some Str & Cha boosts to improve it's abilities. Took away it's at will stuff and based it on HD, and topped up it's Poison.

The Domains are to incorporate the Rainbow Servant PrC fluff.

I'm worried I overdid it, have a look and let me know.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-10-19 at 07:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Think of it this way:
    By him taking the classes you want to make, you have time for other classes other people want you to make.
    wait...

Edit: once again, ninja'd for the third time in this thread today!
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-08-27 at 05:49 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Wow, this thread is moving really quickly, there was a period of time when there would be only one class made every few weeks. Now its like 3-5 classes per day.
    Really really really awesome avatar thanks to neoseph7

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can I just say that Chumplump has done a good job bringing more lycanthropes into this project.

I'm going to try my hand at the wight next. its a classic undead, but three levels will be a challenge considering the power of its energy drain, but I think I'm up to it

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.