New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Kobold-Bard:
    -Clear up the grammar a bit.
    -No +2 bonus to a single stat in a single level unless you have a really good reason. The one you present isn't one of them.
    -Choosing from two lists is too powerfull. Make it just sorceror casting, that's why you have the domains to spice it up right?
    -Clarify they can cast whitout hands.
    -SLA save DCs!
    -Switch improved grab and constrict on the list.

Otherwise good job.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    I'm going to try my hand at the wight next. its a classic undead, but three levels will be a challenge considering the power of its energy drain, but I think I'm up to it
    I'd advise making it a ghoul PrC.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

yes. Most if not all templates have been PrCs so far...
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    yes. Most if not all templates have been PrCs so far...
    Actually, the wight is a race... I was going more for something similar to what Oslecamo did for the ulitharid.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was thinking the wight could deal negative energy damage with its attacks, then gain energy drain with a limited amount of daily uses

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, so I changed the growth ability to allow the elemental to change his size, check any of the elemental entries and tell me what you think.

Also, there was something I was thinking about for a while and just decided to try out. I thought of letting people who play air elementals choose from some abilities depending one what type of elemental they want to play. The powerful gust of wind type or the stealthy gentle breeze type.

It was something I thought might be interesting. Tell me what you think. Basically added Reaching Wind, Suffocate, and Whispering Wind.

If you don't mind checking it out here it is

7. - Top - End - #127

Well y'all, here is my latest.

The Wight

Spoiler
    Show
    HD:d12
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Murderous body, Darkened strike, +1 cha
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Murderous instict, Extinguish life, +1 cha
    3rd|
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Energy drain, +1 cha[/table]
    Skills: 2+ int mod. A Wight has no class skills
    Proficiencies: a Wight is proficient with simple wepons and its own slam attack
    features:
    Murderous body: A Wight lose all other racial modifiers and gains the following racial traits
    Spoiler
    Show
    * No Constitution score.
    * Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    * Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    * Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
    * Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
    * Heals naturaly.
    * Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    * Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
    * Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
    * Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.

* Undead do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

The Wight is a medium undead with a slam attack dealing 1d4 points of damage. The wight also gains a natural armor bonus equal to its charisma bonus

Darkened strike: The blows of a wight suck the life force from their enemies. Any living creature hit by a Wight's slam or wepon attack attack takes 1d4 points of damage from negative energy. The Wight gains one temporary hit point each time this ability is used, which lasts for one hour before disapearing. The Wight's temporary hit points cannot exceed its maximum hit point total

Murderous instict: At second level, the Wight gains a bonus equal to his charisma modifier(minimum +1) to damage rolls for its darkened strike. The amount of temporary hit points gained from a successful darkened strike also become equal to the Wight's charisma modifier with a minimum of one and a maximum of four.

Extinguish life: Once per day per HD, upon reducing a foe to negative hit points, a second level Wight can drain the creature's remaining life force as a free action. Doing so kills the creature instantly and gives the Wight a +2 profane bonus to strength or dexterity(Wight's choice) that lasts for 1 minute per HD of the victim.

Energy drain: Twice per day per HD, a third level Wight gains can make his darkened strike cause a negative level instead of its usual effects. The Wight gains five temporary hit points each time this ability is used, with the same limit as his darkened strike. Even if the Wight becomes capable of multiple attacks, this ability can only be used once per round. The save DC to remove the negative level is 10+ 1/2 the Wight's HD+ the Wight's charisma modifier.

At 5HD, the Wight adds his Charisma modifier(if positive) to his HD for purpose of determining uses per day.

At 10HD, any humanoid killed by the wight becomes a wight in 1d4 hours. The wight can control any wights created in this matter, but the total HD of the controlled wights cannot exceed that of their controller.

At 15HD, this ability deals two negative levels per strike.

comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    The biggest problem with making the wight into a monster class is that its energy drain is its only feature. I've made the energy drain the capstone ability, with earlier abilities following the theme of draining life from living creatures. the darkened strike ability is a weaker energy drain attack, and extinguish life lets them grow stronger with each kill. Murderous instict represents their mental determination to kill

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    29/8/2010: removed charisma bonus to attack rolls with murderous instict, allowed their negative energy to be channeled through wepons, and made the improvements to the energy drain ability come at lower levels
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-08-28 at 12:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think I am going to rerequest Aboleths, because giant squid fish are awesome.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Um... first post here, I think.

First thing's first. AWESOME WORK! From everybody. Seriously, this stuff is mindboggling.

The other thing that I wanted to mention is in regards to the Tarrasque class...
    Spoiler
    Show
    While it has been said that it is intended for high-tier games, this class just seems to get a bit ridiculous at times.

The class, all by itself, possesses abilities that shore up most of its own traditional weaknesses, making it virtually unstoppable by 20th level, just as a Tarrasque should be. This is completely awesome from a DM's perspective, allowing me to sick a tarrasque on my party at just about every level and hoping they realize how to stop it.

From the perspective of having a player use it, however, certain problems emerge. For example, by 20th level, the list of things that can stop one of these guys is very small and specific. I make sure as the DM that each foe that the Tarrasque player faces either deals ability damage/drain or has wish/miracle as an SLA, it's hard to build any sort of tension for them without some... creative storytelling (such as requiring another party member to live for the day to be saved or putting the world on a countdown to destruction that would pass even Tarrasque immunities). While such storytelling is not necessarily bad (indeed, it could be quite rewarding), any DM allowing this class ends up a bit pigeon-holed into certain trends just to keep things interesting.

Also, as I have mentioned, the class itself manages to hole up many of its own weaknesses over time on its own. The thing is, this guy has the equivalent of full WBL to go with it. For example, a Tarrasque could (and probably would) consume wings of flying to gain another advantage over flying creatures, not to mention other items like rings of sustenance (no more eating... period) and perhaps a robe of eyes (to see ethereal foes).

Well... I think that I've rambled on for quite too long so let me make my point. As you said, this thing is made for play among the higher-tiered classes like archivists, wizards, artificers, etc. The thing is, these classes aren't broken straight out of the box. To break these classes, optimizers have to select the right feats and PrCs and scrounge through books of spells to select the perfect ones. In most games, such optimization does not occur and Tier-1 wizards may seem just as useful (or even less-so) than a member of a Tier-4/5 class.

The Tarrasque, however, is the essence of optimization. Right out of the box, it assumes that it will be fighting off against wizards using every single dastardly trick in the optimizer's handbook (assay spell resistance, rope trick, etc.) without any real need for choice on the player's part. Rather than being a high-tiered class, this tarrasque looks a bit more like a "Tippy-verse only" class.

That said, might you possibly present a revision or alternate (weakened) version tooled for games far away from emperor Tippy? Also, would it affect your decision if I said "pretty please with sugar on top"?
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Kobold-Bard:
    -Clear up the grammar a bit.
    -No +2 bonus to a single stat in a single level unless you have a really good reason. The one you present isn't one of them.
    -Choosing from two lists is too powerfull. Make it just sorceror casting, that's why you have the domains to spice it up right?
    -Clarify they can cast whitout hands.
    -SLA save DCs!
    -Switch improved grab and constrict on the list.

Otherwise good job.
    -Will do, a lot of it is the dodgy spell checker on my I phone accidentally chafing the tense of stuff.
    -Fair enough.
    -Yeah I thought that, will change.
    -Will do.
    -It says in Lesser Psionics that all future Couatl SLAs use the same save formula (though again that is a bit poorly worded). Is it necessary to put it in each entry?
    - How come?

All in all thoug I think I'm getting better at this

Also: The link to the Ravid in the alphabetical list is broken.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    I think I am going to rerequest Aboleths, because giant squid fish are awesome.
    If no one has any objections, I will probably do this. I find aberrations to be really fun.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    -It says in Lesser Psionics that all future Couatl SLAs use the same save formula (though again that is a bit poorly worded). Is it necessary to put it in each entry?
    Hmm, seems I missed that, then it's ok.

- How come?
    Constrict isn't that usefull whitout improved grab, but improved grab is usefull whitout constrict.

Also: The link to the Ravid in the alphabetical list is broken.
    Gonna take care of that.

Crafty Cultist:
    Why does the wight gets to add Cha to attacks? It can already dump Con, it can perfectly afford to focus on Str and Cha.

-I don't feel very well with iterative natural attacks. Why don't let them channel their negative energy trough melee weapons?

-No problem leting the spawn ability come a little sooner.

Realms of Chaos:Ok, fine, I get it. I'll put a watered down Tarrasque version for lower level games since there's so many requests for it. Altough I must wonder what your party 20th level caster are doing that miracle is never thrown around.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-28 at 06:18 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133

WereHydra

Fluff:
    Spoiler
    Show

In the earliest days of wizardry, when mages were confined to experimentation, when no spells had been made yet, accidents were frequent. Thus were the Lycanthropes born.

In more recent times, experimentation is less popular, with several spells known and used. however, there are still those who yearn for more power, and tinkerers. The werehydra was a result of this, were a ritual designed to combine all known lycanthropes was interupted by a lethal attack on the wizard by a beast of legend.

Werehydras are rarely seen, being less frequent than all other lycans. However, dedicated historians have recorded all sightings of these beasts. they are reported to be ogres and giants at day, and become monsters of death at night. thier skin even in humanoid form is tinted a scaly green, and thier several heads flail wildy about at transformation. strangely, though, they always return to a single head, when they mingle with the men and giants they once were.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Note: A Werehydra can pass on it's curse through Curse of the Lycanthrope (4th level ability) or hereditarily. a hereditary werehydra can reach 6th level. if gained through Curse of the Lycanthrope, it may not gain werehydra levels past those of the Werehydra that granted lycanthropy at the time of the event. however, werehydras are inheritely rare, and only a few have ever been mentioned in history.

Prerequisites:
    to become a werehydra, the character must meet the following requirements

Race: Any humanoid or giant
    Special:Must have been injured by the natural attack of another werehydra and contracted lycanthropy, or been born to another werehydra.
    HD:d10

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(Hydra), Lunar body, Multiple heads

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(hybrid), Regrowth
    3rd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | Fast Healing
    4th|
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    |Growth, Curse of Lycanthropy
    5th|
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    |Improved Regrowth
    6th|
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    |PyroHydra/CyroHydra[/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. Class skills are handle animal, hide, listen, move silently, spot, survival

Proficiencies: A werewolf gains proficiency with their own natural wepons

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Werehydras retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.

A Werehydra gains natural armor equal to half its con bonus while in Hydra or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Alternate Form(su): At first level, a Werehydra can take Hydra form. while in this form, they cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use hands as their arms disapear, but gains a bite attack dealing 1d4 damage and all their move speed decreases to 20ft. A Werehydra can transform 1/day/2 HD, minimum 1, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

At second level, a Werehydra can assume hybrid form. While in hybrid form, a Werehydra gains a bite attack dealing 1d4 damage, and retains her arms, so it can wield any weapons they could use in humanoid form and her speeds remain unchanged. Both alternate forms are large sized, regardless of the creature's normal size.

Multiple heads: For Every Werehydra HD possessed, a werehydra gains one extra head in hydra form, and for every two non-werehydra HD possesed, one head in Hydra form (up two twice the number of WereHydra levels), and gains half this number in hybrid form (up to the number of WereHydra levels). They gain a bite attack for each head they posses. the number of heads possessed at a given level for a given form is considered it's original number of heads for that form for all purposes.

All of the heads add full Str bonus to their damage rolls.

Regrowth: Whenever the Werehydra takes damage in alternate or hybrid form it instinctevely "parries" it with their long necks. If it takes enough damage, the head is severed and two new sprout from the stomp 2d4 rounds later. A Werehydra cannot have more heads total than 2*(Werehydra level) in Hydra form, and half that in hybrid form.

The damage needed to sprout each extra heads depends on the Wereydra level:
    {table]WereHydra Level+1/2 other levels| Percentage of max HP lost to grow an extra head.
    1|50%
    2|33%
    3|25%
    4|20%
    5|17%
    6|14%
    7|13%
    8|12%
    9|11%
    10|10%
    11|9%
    12|8%
    [/table]
    The hydra may grow several extra heads in one turn if it takes enough damage in a single turn.

So for example a Fighter 2/WereHydra 1 with 18 HP that takes 13 damage from a single blow would grow two extra heads

A Fighter 10/WereHydra 5 with 100 HP who loses 50 HP would grow five extra heads.

If the Hydra recovers HP, her extra heads wither and fall off at the same ratio it gains when hurt. So if the Fighter 10/Werehydra 5 of the last example recovered 30 HP it would lose three heads.

Growth: At 4th level, a Werehydra's alternate forms become Huge. their bite attack deals 1d6+Str damage now. In addition their natural armour improves by 1 while in alternate form.

A Werehydra of 16 HD or more may choose to become gargantuan by expending three normal transformations.

A Werehydra of 20 HD or more may choose to become colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Fast Healing: At 3rd level, a Werehydra gains Fast Healing equal to half it's HD.

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a Werehydra can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save (DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Improved regrowth: At 5th level, the Werehydra's heads don't instantly wither when it recovers HP, but last 5 rounds.

Pyrohydra/CyroHydra: at 6th level, the werehydra gains the cold, acid, electrecity or fire subtype, and therefore cold imunity to cold or heat, but not both subtypes, or imunities. as well, the werehydra gains a breath weapon which all heads may use every 2d6 rounds. They all must fire on the same direction and the effect is a line 5 foot long per HD of the chosen element, dealing 1d6 damage per head. A successful reflex save halves the damage, save DC is 10+1/2HD+Con modifier. It gains these abilities in all forms, including humanoid, but notice the damage is based on the number of heads.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

Original:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ok, I admit it's a quick copy/paste job, with editing to fix up certain areas. like, heads.
    Changes from werewolf:
    switched "wolf" with "hydra" in text. if I missed any, Find must have missed it.
    made prerequisites
    I removed wolf empathy completely, rather than changing it to hydras, because how often do you meet a hydra? also removed Hunter's nose
    made it 12 levels, because the bigest hydra (12 heads) has 12 HD.
    reduced transformations per day, modified weapons to reflect size.
    added Multiple Heads, the strength and weakness of the werehydra.
    Gains fast healing now.
    moved curse to 7th level.
    Replaced capstone with gaining fire or cold subtype, and breath weapon.

Changelog:
    2010/05/25
    made it 6 HD, as requested, making it weaker
    removed silver resistance (from werewolf)
    changed certain levels and values to match. hopefully.
    2010/05/30
    Split Multiple Heads into Multiple Heads and Regrowth. a single level dip is now the last thing you want to do, but taking two levels is swell.
    Added a fort-save or fail on regrowing of heads, filled out (ex-dead) 5th level by making it easier to save on that one.
    2010/06/04
    fixed some mismatched text (still said 12 HD in places!)
    swapped dex and str increases, so dex is now lowest increase, and str is highest. makes more sense.
    2010/06/08
    Reduced dex increase. a ton. now only +2 by 20th character level, if it takes all 6 werehydra levels.
    added clause to allow transformation back to humanoid form it too many stumps have been cauterized. takes a long time, though.
    2010/06/09
    added image (THANK YOU KYUUBI!!!)
    2010/08/27
    Removed Dex bonus altogether

My comments:

This class is pretty straightforward. Heads. Lots of them. That bite. And then breath elements. And some fast healing on top for good measure.

Since this class ends up giving an obscene number of extra natural attacks, I ended up removing the ability scores all togheter. Still not very sure how balanced this is. May come back to change it later but would like other people's opinions on the matter as well. Right now it does just a couple things, but does them pretty well.

Cleaned up a bit, re-worked the growth mechanic to fit the new Hydra, made sure it bites worst than the actual Hydra (altough it can eventually grow bigger) , should be ok now.

Class by flabort, some tweaks by me
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-16 at 06:22 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Changed the abilities around, and fixed all the rest. Unless anyone else has any input it should be good to go.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

15. - Top - End - #135

Changed the abilities around, and fixed all the rest. Unless anyone else has any input it should be good to go.
    The final stat bonus on the table is still broken.

16. - Top - End - #136

Androsphinx

Spoiler
    Show

Hit Die: d8
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Features
    1|+0|+2|+2|+2|Sphinx body, Lore, +1 Str
    2|+1|+3|+3|+3| Rake, Roar, +1 Wis
    3|+2|+3|+3|+3| Divine Agent, +1 Str
    4|+3|+4|+4|+4| Growth, +10 Speed
    5|+3|+4|+4|+4| Pounce, +1 Wis
    6|+4|+5|+5|+5|Flight, +1 Str
    7|+5|+5|+5|+5| Bonus Domain, +1 Wis
    8|+6/+1|+6|+6|+6| +10 Speed, +1 Str, +1 Wis
    9|+6/+1|+6|+6|+6|Guardian, Bonus Domain
    [/table]
    Skills: 6+Int mod. Class skills are Bluff, Concentration, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disguise, Intimidate, Knowledge (all, taken separately), Listen, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spot, Spellcraft

Proficiencies: A Androsphinx is proficient only with it’s claws.

Features

Sphinx Body: At 1st level, the Androsphinx loses all other racial bonus and gets magical beast traits (Darkvision 60ft and low-light vision). It’s a medium magical beast with a base speed of 30ft. The gynosphinx has 2 natural claw attacks, both dealing 1d6+Str mod damage. The Androsphinx gets a Nat armor bonus equal to his Con modifier.

The gynosphinx can use her Wisdom score instead of her Int mod for Decipher Script, Knowledge and Spellcraft checks.

Lore: At 1st level, the Androsphinx gains the ability to know legends or information regarding various topics, just as a bard can with bardic knowledge. The Androsphinx adds half his HD and her Wisdom modifier to the lore check, which functions otherwise exactly like a bardic knowledge check.

Ability Increase:
    The Androsphynx gains
    +1 Str at levels 1, 3, 6 and 8
    +1 Wis at levels 2, 5,7 and 8

For a total of +4 Str and +4 Wis at 9th level.

Rake: When in a grapple, the Gynosphinx can make another 2 claw attacks at its highest base attack bonus, dealing 1d6+1/2 Str mod damage.

Roar (Su):
    1/day per 2 HD, an androsphinx can loose a mighty roar as a standard action. The first time it does this, all enemies within 50 feet per HD must succeed on a DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier Will save or be affected as though by a fear spell for 2d6 rounds.

If the sphinx roars a second time during the same encounter, all creatures within 25 feet per HD must succeed on a DC 10+1/2 HD+Con modifier Fortitude save or be paralyzed for 1d4 rounds, and all those within 10 feet per HD are deafened for 2d6 rounds (no save). If it roars a third time during the same encounter, all those within 25 feet per HD must succeed on a DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier Fortitude save or take 1d4 points of Strength damage per 4HD(minimum 1d4) for 2d4 rounds. In addition, any creature smaller than the androsphynx within 10 feet per HD must succeed on a DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier Fortitude save or be thrown to the ground and take 1d4 points of damage per two HD. The force of this roar is so great that it deals 5 points of damage per HD to any stone or crystalline object within 10 feet per HD. Magic items and held or carried items can avoid damage with a DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier Reflex save. Other androsphinxes are immune to these effects.

Divine Agent:
    At 3rd level the Androsphynx can cast spells as a cleric of it's Androsphync level-2. Cleric levels stack with this ability.

Growth: At 4th level, the Androsphynx grows to Large size. His claws now deal 2d4+Str mod damage.

Pounce: At 5th level, the Androsphinx can make a full attack at the end of a charge.

Speed Boost: At 5th level, the Androsphynx gains +10 base land speed. It gains another 10ft at 9th level.

Flight: At 6th level, the Androsphynx can fly at a speed of 5ft per HD it has. He has poor manoeuvrability.

Bonus domain:
    At levels 7 and 9 the Androsphynx gains a bonus domain of his choice from Protection, Healing or Good.

Guardian:
    At level 9, a number of times per day equal to half their HD, the Androsphynx may casts a standard action spell from the Protection, Good or Healing domain as a swift action.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Androsphynx is the male counterpart of the Gynosphynx. No SLAs at all, but delayed cleric spellcasting, plus better melee stats and Roar in return for less Wis and Con.

If you feel like playing a sphynx with actual casting (altough delayed) instead of SLAs, the Androsphynx's for you.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-23 at 06:51 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Altough I must wonder what your party 20th level caster are doing that miracle is never thrown around.
    Oh, that's not a problem, believe me. My party uses wish/miracle frequently enough and the spells are thrown against my party on occasion.
    The problem is that, when using the tarrasque as a player, the DM has to keep the threat of Wishes/Miracles used against them constantly active or else it's hard to maintain the tension for them (though not impossible).

Sorry for being a thorn in your side.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2010-08-28 at 10:29 AM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

18. - Top - End - #138

You all do notice that altough the Tarrasque "tecnically" needs a wish/miracle to be killed there's nothing stoping that Wyrm from beating it into uncosciouness and then get their minions to constantly beat up the Tarrasque to keep him effectively locked right?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

The final stat bonus on the table is still broken.
    Done. NOW that should be everything

Gonna do either the Janni or the Will o' Wisp next.

20. - Top - End - #140

Crafty Cultist:Why does the wight gets to add Cha to attacks? It can already dump Con, it can perfectly afford to focus on Str and Cha.
    -charisma to attacks removed, still adds charisma to negative energy damage though

-I don't feel very well with iterative natural attacks. Why don't let them channel their negative energy trough melee weapons?
    -Done

-No problem leting the spawn ability come a little sooner.
    Energy drain upgrades moved to every five levels

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Janni

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Dice: d8

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+1|+0|+2|+0|Body of Elements, Bonus Feat, Elemental Endurance, +1 Str
    2|+2|+0|+3|+0|Janni Magic, Telepathy, +1 Cha
    3|+3|+1|+3|+1|Flame Retardant, +1 Str
    4|+4|+1|+4|+1|Flight, Genie Magic, +1 Cha[/table]

Class Skills: (4+Int, x4 at 1st level) Appraise, Concentration, Craft, Escape Artist, Know (Planes), Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot.

Proficienies: The Janni is proficient with all simple & martial weapons, and with light & medium armour and shields (except tower shields).
    Class Features

Body of Elements: At first level a Janni loses all racial traits and features, and gains the Outsider type with all traits decided by that. It is Native to the Material Plane and gain the Extraplanar subtype when anywhere else.
    They are Medium sized with a base land speed of 30ft.
    Jann prefer manufactured weapons so they have no natural attacks, but they do get a Natural Armour bonus equal to their Con Mod.
    Janni levels stack with Rogue levels for determining Sneak Attack Damage. For example a Janni 4/Rogue 1 would deal +3d6 damage on a successful Sneak Attack. All it's other Rogue class features remain as normal (so it would have Trapfinding, but not Evasion or Uncanny Dodge yet).

Bonus Feat(Ex): Jann recieve Improved Initiative at first level as a bonus Feat.

Elemental Endurance (Ex): Jann are composed of the four elements and as such they are much more able to withstand the effects of the elemental Planes. They may remain on any of the elemental Planes of Air, Earth, Fire and Water for a combined total of 1 hour/day fir each HD they have without suffering any of the Plane's inherent environmental effects. This includes (but is not limited to being immune to the heat of the Plane of Fire, needing to breathe on the Planes of Earth or Water etc.
    The Janni still suffers effects due to external stimuli (eg. a Fireball spell causing a landslide on the Plane of Earth) and can still be attacked by enemies on those Planes.

Stat Boosts (Ex): A Janni gains +1 Str at levels 1 & 3 and +1 Cha and levels 2 & 4.

Janni Magic (Sp): As the Janni grows it develops certain magical abilities. At second level it may use Enlarge Person and Reduce Person 1/day for each HD it has. These two abilities share a pool of uses, rather than having one each. It may also use Speak With Animals 1/day for eac HD it has.
    The Save DC for all Janni Magic is 10+1/2HD+Cha Mod.

Telepathy (Su): From second level the Janni may communicate telepathically at a range of 10ft/HD.

Flame Retardant (Ex): At third level the Janni gets Fire Resistance equal to 1/HD.

Flight (Su): At fourth level Janni gain a fly speed of 20ft(P).

Genie Magic (Sp): At 4HD the Janni may use Invisibility as the spell (except that it may only affect itself) 1/day for each 2HD it has.
    The Janni's magical abilities continue to grow as it does. At 7HD it may use Create Food & Water 1/day for each 4HD it has.
    At 12HD it may use Ethereal Jaunt 1/day for each 6HD it has. It may also use Plane Shift 1/day for each 6HD it has. If the Janni uses this ability to leave and enter any two of the following Planes (Material, Astral, Air, Earth, Fire, Water) then they may make a return journey any time within the next 24 hours without spending another use of this ability.
    The Save DC for all Genie Magic is 10+1/2HD+Cha Mod.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok there's the Janni.

The Sneak Attack thing is based on the pseudo-spellcaster ability from this thread, added because it has Rogue listed as a favoured class.

Nothing spectacular there, the Plane Shift ability is to show the uniqeness of the Genie Plane Shift. The Elemental Endurance ability is badly written an will be re-editted, I hope I got it right and haven't misunderstood it.

As always comment and critisism welcome, just wan to get better.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-09-19 at 02:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142

Your Janni has no proefeciencies altough he's wielding those badass blades on the picture.

Divide genie magic in two abilities. The first gained at 2nd level gives the weaker SLAs, then another gained at 4th level of the class will give invisibility and unlock the ethereal jaunt/plane shift when you gain more HD.

Just one score increase at 2nd level, it already gains plenty there, even with the above applied.

Just one +1 Score increase at 4th level, not 4. I advise towards focusing in either Strenght+Cha or Dex+Cha instead of trying to put all 3 stats at the same time.

23. - Top - End - #143

I believe someone requested this, so here is

The Bugbear

Spoiler
    Show
    HD:d8

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Bugbear body, Sneak attack +1d6, +1 str
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Armored thug, +1 str, +1 con[/table]
    Skills: 4+ int mod. A Bugbear's class skills are Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move silently, and Spot

Proficiencies: a Bugbear is proficient with all simple wepons as well as light and medium armor and sheilds

features:

Bugbear body: A Bugbear loses all racial abilities and becomes a humanoid with the goblinoid sybtype and a land speed of 30ft. It gains darkvision 60ft, scent, and A natural armour bonus equal to his constitution bonus.

Sneak attack: The Bugbear gains a sneak attack identical to the rogue class feature

Armored thug: A second level Bugbear no longer suffers armor check penalties from light armor, medium armor, and sheilds when making Hide and move silently checks. If the bugbear reaches 6HD and gains proficiency with heavy armour(either from class levels or by taking the armor proficiency feat) then the armor check penalty from heavy armor can be ignored as well

comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Bugbear is known for being strong and sneaky. This monster class has more combat ability than a rouge at the expense of versatility
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-08-28 at 05:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

There is no speed written for the bugbear. (So currently it would be immobile)
    Last edited by demidracolich; 2010-08-28 at 04:43 PM.
    Really really really awesome avatar thanks to neoseph7

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by demidracolich View Post
    There is no speed written for the bugbear. (So currently it would be immobile)
    Fixed now.

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Your Janni has no proefeciencies altough he's wielding those badass blades on the picture.

Divide genie magic in two abilities. The first gained at 2nd level gives the weaker SLAs, then another gained at 4th level of the class will give invisibility and unlock the ethereal jaunt/plane shift when you gain more HD.

Just one score increase at 2nd level, it already gains plenty there, even with the above applied.

Just one +1 Score increase at 4th level, not 4. I advise towards focusing in either Strenght+Cha or Dex+Cha instead of trying to put all 3 stats at the same time.
    -I was afraid I'd missed something. Done.
    -Done, forgot people could choose to duck out of these classes whenever they liked, so the split makes sense.
    -Stuck with Str and Cha and made them alternate.

Anything else?

27. - Top - End - #147

2nd level of the bugbear kinda too good. Two good saves, full Bab, 4 skill poonts per level, double score increase, custom ability and a bonus feat on top. Take out the feat at least.

28. - Top - End - #148

2nd level of the bugbear kinda too good. Two good saves, full Bab, 4 skill poonts per level, double score increase, custom ability and a bonus feat on top. Take out the feat at least.
    Fair enough. I was worried the feat might be to much. Removed now

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

GOLD DRAGON

Spoiler
    Show
    GOLD DRAGON
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Dragon Body, Breath Weapon, Arcane Blood, Attribute Increase, Fire Immunity, Water Breathing

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |+1 Str, Con

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Alternate Form

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Size Increase, Wings, +1 Str, Con, Cha

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |+1 Str, Con

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Frightful Presence, +1 Str, Con, Cha

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Size Increase

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |+1 Str, Con

11th|
    +11
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Spell Resistance

12th|
    +12
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Damage Reduction, +1 Str, Con, Cha

13th|
    +13
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Size Increase

14th|
    +14
    |
    +9
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    |+1 Str, Con

15th|
    +15
    |
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |

16th|
    +16
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |+1 Str, Con, Cha

17th|
    +17
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |Size Increase

18th|
    +18
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |+1 Str, Con

19th|
    +19
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |

20th|
    +20
    |
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +12
    |Foresight, +1 Str, Con, Cha[/table]

Dragon Body: A Gold Dragon loses all racial abilities and becomes a Medium Dragon, 2 claws doing 1d6 + 1/2 Str modifier, and a bite doing 1d8 + Str modifier damage. The claws are capable of fine manipulation.

Breath Weapon: 30 ft cone of fire or weakening gas. Fire does 1d8/level damage, Reflex 10 + level + Con modifier halves. Weakening gas does 1 point Strength damage/level, Fort 10 + level + Con modifier negates

Arcane Blood:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Gold Dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a sorceror and takes his spells known from the sorceror/wizard spell list.

If it multiclasses as a bard it's spellcasting increases as a bard.
    If it multiclasses as a sorceror it counts as already having sorceror casting depending on it's dragon level, as shown on the following table.

{table]Dragon level | Virtual sorceror casting
    1|-
    2|1
    3|2
    4|3
    5|4
    6|5
    7|6
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    11|8
    12|9
    13|10
    14|10
    15|11
    16|12
    17|12
    18|13
    19|13
    20|13
    [/table]

So for example a dragon 2 who takes a level of sorceror would count as already having 1 level of sorceror and gains the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorceror gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but not the spell slots and spell knowns from the 1st level of sorceror. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

A dragon 18 who takes a level of sorceror would count as having 14 levels of sorceror(13+1) and gain the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorceror gains when leveling from level 13 to 14, but not the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorceror gets from level 1 to 13, He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

His Caster level remains equal to his full HD when multiclassing to sorceror.

If a dragon takes a casting prc, it may choose to advance his casting as that of a sorceror. So a dragon 10/loremaster 10 would cast as a 18th level sorceror (he would still receive spell slots and spells knowns from a bard 10 from the first 10 dragon levels and then the spell slots and spell knowns from a sorceror 11-18 for the loremaster levels)

Water Breathing: Breath weapons can be used normally underwater.

Attribute Increase: Gold Dragons gain one point of Strength and Constitution every even level, and one point of Charisma every level divisible by 4.

Alternate Form: A Gold Dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action a number of times per day equal to its hit dice. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Wings: The Gold Dragon can fly at a speed of 10 ft/HD with poor maneuverability. Wings can be used to attack, doing 1d6 + Str damage (Large).

Size Increase: All natural weapons gain one die of damage. In addition, a Gold Dragon gains new natural weapons depending on its size:
    Large: Tail Slap (1d8)
    Huge: Crush (2d8)
    Gargantuan: Tail Sweep (2d6)
    Finally, the size of Breath Weapon's cone increases by 10 feet.

Frightul Presence: This ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 30 feet × Gold Dragon level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ Gold Dragon level + dragon’s Cha modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Spell Resistance: 11 + HD

Damage Reduction: The Gold Dragon gains DR HD/magic.

Foresight: As the spell (CL = Gold Dragon level). This can be used once per day.
    Last edited by dragonsamurai77; 2010-08-29 at 09:51 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamurai77 View Post
    GOLD DRAGON
    .[/SPOILER]
    flight doesn't follow the correct rules, You shouldn't get wing attacks until level 4, bite attacks don't get 1 and a half strength mod, too many dead levels (you need to put the attributes in too.) DR doesn't work that way in this thread (It's half full hitdice on dragons), spellcasting is incorrect, alternate form is 1/day per HD and you don't get frightful presence until huge size.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-08-28 at 07:01 PM.