New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Hydra? I coated my scales in Dragon grease! I've been had by the shopkeeper! *Has a poor, desperate shopkeeper hanged* Btw, where did you get Hydra from, anyway?

So, anyone wanna do an Aboleth for me? I'll knight you as one of my guardian knights *shameless bribe*
    Well, i'll come back tomorrow (it's midnight around here rght now), and see what you say and stuff.
    Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2010-09-15 at 06:45 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes(2.0):adapting creatures for player use-taking reque

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    Btw, where did you get Hydra from, anyway?
    Oh it was easy. locate creature is only a level 4 spell. Plus I have a supplier. He doesn't like giving out his name though.

3. - Top - End - #393

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    Well, i'll come back tomorrow (it's midnight around here rght now), and see what you say and stuff.
    Well don't wait sitted. We've got lots of requests piled on around here, and they get made in a mixture of how long ago they were made, how many people asked for it and, above all, our homebrewing whims.

Speaking of wich, the Aboleth has already been requested several times and it happens to be a quite interesting monster... You may be in luck, I may tackle this myself tomorrow.

EDIT:Just after I update the werehydra once and for all, can't keep evading that.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-15 at 06:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394

Ok then. I have peons to rule, anyway. Goodnight, then

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What, no ability to bull rush with Rolling Stone? I can easily picture that rock rolling forward at speed and either rolling over (opponent Small or smaller) or knocking the legs out from under (opponent Medium to maybe Large) their opponent.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Is there a Werelizard in any of the books? If so can I request that ALONG with the Linnorms. Which will probably take a month or two as there are a lot of Linnorms.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Is there a Werelizard in any of the books? If so can I request that ALONG with the Linnorms. Which will probably take a month or two as there are a lot of Linnorms.
    how many linnorms are there?

also, if we do the ones from MM2 we would only be able to do the grey I would think. Unless we're doing epic progressions.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Let me list them off...

MM2:
    -Gray Linnorm
    -Dread Linnorm
    -Corpse Tearer Linnorm

From: Dragon #356, Dragon #182, Dragon #183, Monstrous Compendium Annual 1

-Flame Linnorm
    -Forest Linnorm
    -Frost Linnorm
    -Land Linnorm
    -Midgard Linnorm
    -Rain Linnorm
    -Sea Linnorm
    -Swamp Linnorm

It would take awhile....

Edit: Can anyone answer my question about Werelizards?
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-09-15 at 11:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: Can anyone answer my question about Werelizards?
    Lycanthropy is a general template. Find an appropriate lizard (probably monitor lizard), make a werelizard out of that. If you want one of these monster classes, there's a general "were-what-have-you" that would work for a lizard.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

When I get home tomorrow I'll try my hand at creating a Werelizard with a couple of variants.

Possible Variants:

Monitor
    Horned (?)

Need 2 more possible variants. You guys have any ideas?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

When I get home tomorrow I'll try my hand at creating a Werelizard with a couple of variants.

Possible Variants:

Monitor
    Horned (?)

Need 2 more possible variants. You guys have any ideas?
    Basilisk?
    Frilled?
    Salamander? (Yeah, it's not a lizard. big deal)
    Gila monster?
    Chameleon?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-09-16 at 12:41 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Basilisk?
    Frilled?
    Salamander? (Yeah, it's not a lizard. big deal)
    Gila monster?
    Chameleon?
    No. Those aren't lizards, those are magical beasts that look as much as lizards as dragons or other completely diferent reptiles.

Again, no to too generic classes. The werebas at least is limited to just three forms and they're all actualy big cats.

And allowing the werehydra was already much of a stretch for my liking.

New lychantropes shall be based on animals/vermins only, otherwise we'll end with people wanting to do weretarrasques and nobody will be, you know, converting actual monsters, the purpose of this thread.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-16 at 05:52 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    No. Those aren't lizards, those are magical beasts that look as much as lizards as dragons or other completely diferent reptiles.
    Umm…

Basilisk Lizard
    Salamander

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

New lychantropes shall be based on animals/vermins only, otherwise we'll end with people wanting to do weretarrasques and nobody will be, you know, converting actual monsters, the purpose of this thread.
    This Weretarrasque intrigues me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by FirebirdFlying View Post
    Yes and in the real world "magic" is a bunch of fake tricks.

This is D&D. Salamanders and Basiliks are outsiders and magical beasts respectively, just as much as wizards are arcane masters and not common men pretending to saw people in half.

EDIT:WereHydra updated
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-16 at 06:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Yes and in the real world "magic" is a bunch of fake tricks.

This is D&D. Salamanders and Basiliks are outsiders and magical beasts respectively, just as much as wizards are arcane masters and not common men pretending to saw people in half.
    I think you might be misinterpreting it a bit. I don't think Kyuubi is suggesting that the magical beasts be used- just the animal versions which share names (and that sounds fairly reasonable to me).
    Unless your argument is that the amphibian known as the salamander doesn't exist, because there is a weird outsider that is on fire called a salamander. Which is a bizarre argument, really.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Owlbear

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Dice: d10

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+1|+2|+2|+0|Drunken Mistake, Track, +1 Str
    2|+2|+3|+3|+0|Improved Grab, Scent, +1 Str, +1 Con
    3|+3|+3|+3|+1|Great Owlbear, +1 Str
    4|+4|+4|+4|+1|Screech, +1 Str, +1 Con[/table]
    Class Skills: 4/level (x4 at level 1) Balance, Climb, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Spot, Survival.

Proficiencies: Owlbears are proficient with their own natural weapons.

Class Features:

Drunken Mistake (Ex): At first level an Owlbear loses all racial traits and features, and gains the Magical Beast type with all traits decided by that.
    It is medium sized with a base land speed of 30ft.
    It has two primary claw attacks that it may use together as a standard attack without penalty. Each claw deals 1d4+Str damage. It also gains a secondary peck attack that deals 1d6+1/2 Str damage.
    It gains a natural armour bonus equal to it's Con Mod.

Owlbears are vicious and relentless; attacking anything bigger than a mouse on sight. Owlbear levels stack with Barbarian levels for determining uses of Rage/day, as well as stacking towards the levels needed to access Greater & Mighty Rage.

Track (Ex): The Owlbear gains Track as a Bonus Feat.

Strong as an Owl (Ex): At each level the Owlbear gains +1 Strength. At each even numbered level it gains +1 Constitution.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, an owlbear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Scent (Ex): At second level the Owlbear gains the Scent ability.

Great Owlbear(Ex): At third level the Owlbear grows to Large size.
    It's claws now deal 1d6+Str and it's peck deals 1d8+1/2 Str damage.
    It's owl features also begin to mature and it gains Darkvision at a range of 60ft and a +2 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks.

Screech (Ex): At fourth level the idea of blending a natural predator like the bear with something as unconventional as an owl finally starts to make sense.

As a Free Action 1/10 minutes the Owlbear may let out a high pitched screech. Any creature within 5ft/HD that fails a Fort Save (DC 10+1/2HD+Con Mod) is Dazed for 1 round +1 round/5HD. This does not affect the user, other Owlbears, deaf targets or targets under a Silence effect.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Thats my take on the Owlbear. Nice and simple as such a classic should be.

Added flight because it had nothing remotely owl-like in it's stats originally (it even had a bite despite having a beak).

I like the Pseudo-spellcaster system Oslecamo developed so I'm adapting it to other classes as needed (see the Janni). Chose Barbarian because it seems to fit the fluff.

Thoughts, comments?
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-02-21 at 05:49 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

18. - Top - End - #408

Aboleth

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+0 |+0 | +2 | Aboleth body, Anphibious, Memory of the eons, Mysteryous Mind, +1 Str, +1 Int
    2|+ 1|+ 0|+0 | +3 |Ancient Mind, Mucus Cloud, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    3|+ 1|+ 1|+ 1| +3 |Growth, OverWhelming intellect, +1 Str, +1 Int
    4|+ 2|+ 1|+1 | +4 |Deep Mind, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    5|+ 2|+ 1|+1 | +4 |Slime, +1 Str, +1 Int
    6|+ 3|+ 2|+2 | +5 |Growth, Enslave, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    7|+ 3|+ 2|+2 | +5 |Eternal Mind, +1 Con, +1 Str, +1 Cha, +1 Int
    [/table]
    Skills: 6+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level.The Aboleth’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy(Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Eons) (Int), Listen (Wis), Psicraft(Int), Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Spot (Wis).

Proefeciencies:only it's own natural attacks.

Features:
    Aboleth body(Ex): At 1st level, the Aboleth loses all other racial bonus and gets aberration traits(darkvision 60 feets basicaly). He's a medium sized aberration creature with base speed 20 foot and a swim speed triple of it's base speed. It has two natural tentacle attacks dealing 1d4+Str damage each. The Aboleth grows one extra tentacle as a natural attack for each 3 HD it possesses (3 tentacles with 3 HD, 4 tentacles with 6 HD, 5 tentacles with 9 HD, ect). The Aboleth takes no penalty for attacking with all his tentacles in a fullattack.

The Aboleth also gets a Nat armor bonus equal to his Int or Cha modifier, wichever is higher. Whenever the Aboleth permanently grows one size category it's Natural Armor increases by 1.

The aboleth has no limbs capable of fine manipulation, but can use his tentacles for somatic components of spells.

Anphibious(Ex):
    The Aboleth can breathe underwater permanently and doesn't take any penalty for acting underwater.

Memory of the eons(Ex):
    Aboleths have the impressive racial trait of inheriting their ancestors memories. An Aboleth can only take ranks in Knowledge (eons), but that skill counts as any other knowledge skill (like Religion, Arcana, History) for all purposes, including sinergy bonus, qualifying for pre-requisites and finding out information.

In adition, an aboleth who multiclasses for an arcane/psionic class can count his Aboleth levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL/ML and for the purposes of learning new spells/powers and geting new spell slots/power points. So for example, a Aboleth 3 who took 1 level of sorceror could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. He wouldn't get the spell knowns and spell slots of a sorceror 3 however. He would get the familiar ability, but mind flayer levels wouldn't count for it.

Mysteryous Mind(Su):The Aboleth can use hypnotic pattern 2/day as a SLA for each HD it has. Save DC is 10+1/2HD+Cha mod.

Ability Increase(Ex):
    The Aboleth gains +1 Str and +1 Int at levels 1, 3, 5, 7 and +1 to Con and Cha at levels 2, 4, 6 and 7 for +4 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int and +4 Cha at level 7.

Ancient Mind(Su):The Aboleth can now use Illusory Wall and Mirage Arcana as SLAs 1/day for each HD it has, save DCs are 10+1/2HD+Cha mod.

Mucus Cloud (Ex):
    An aboleth underwater can surround itself with a viscous cloud of mucus roughly 1 foot thick. Any creature coming into contact with and inhaling this substance (ending turn adjacent or grappling with the Aboleth) must succeed on a DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier Fortitude save or lose the ability to breathe air for the next 3 hours. An affected creature suffocates in 2d6 minutes if removed from the water. Renewed contact with the mucus cloud and failing another Fortitude save continues the effect for another 3 hours.

If an Aboleth leaves water the mucus Cloud lasts 1 minute per HD after wich it dries and becomes useless. Taking a full body "bath" renews the mucus assuming there's available water to fully cover the Aboleth.

Aboleths are immune to this ability.

Growth:At 3rd and 6th levels the Aboleth grows one size category, notice it is a long creature.

Overwhelming intellect:At 3rd level the Aboleth's brain gets stronger the bigger it is. It receives +1 CL at all it's SLAs and spells for each size category it is bigger than medium, and oponents take a -1 penalty on saves against the Aboleth's spells and SLAs for each size category they're smaller than him.

Deep Mind:At 4th level the Aboleth can now use Persistent Image and Programmed image as SLAs 1/day for each HD it has, save DCs are 10+1/2HD+Cha mod.

Slime (Ex):A blow from an aboleth’s tentacle can cause a terrible affliction. A creature hit by a tentacle must succeed on a DC 10+1/2HD+Cond mod Fortitude save or begin to transform over the next 1d4+1 rounds, the skin gradually becoming a clear, slimy membrane. An afflicted creature must remain moistened with cool, fresh water or take 1d4 points of damage every round as it dries (this damage always overcomes regeneration). The slime reduces the creature’s natural armor bonus by an amount equal to the Aboleth's Con modifier (this can result in negative natural armor).

A remove disease spell cast before the transformation is complete will restore an afflicted creature to normal. Afterward, however, only a heal or mass heal spell can reverse the affliction.

Enslave(Su):1/day per 2 HD , an aboleth can attempt to enslave any one living creature within 5 feet for each 2 HD it has as a standard action. The target must succeed on a DC 10+1/2HD+Cha mod Will save or be affected as though by a dominate person spell (caster level equal to HD). An enslaved creature obeys the Aboleth’s telepathic commands until freed by remove curse, and can attempt a new Will save every 24 hours to break free. The control is also broken if the aboleth dies or travels more than 1 mile from its slave.

Eternal Mind (Su):
    The Aboleth can now use Project Image and Veil as SLAs 1/day for every HD it has.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Aboleth is a bigger fish with mind powers and tentacles, but isn't exactly a swimming mind flayer.

First I made it non-water dependant so it can still act on a ground campaigns, altough it does get some bonus for being on water.

The Aboleth's SLAs are fully focused on illusions, and then it gets Mucus and Slime for some melee capacity. I made the Slime act faster so it's actualy usefull in combat and the Mucus lasts some time out of water, plus clarifying what it's needed for someone to breath it.

Another problem it's that the Aboleth is huge, wich is actuly a liability for spellcasters. Overwhelming Intellect gives it a reason for making himself a big target.

Lots of score increases and good skill points, but it has no hands (altough I put a clause to let it use tentacles for spellcasting) and one single good save.

Kudos to TheGeckoKing for Memory of the Eons.

So if you want to play a huge fish with mind powers that's smarter than most land dwellers then the Aboleth's for you.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-16 at 11:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409

Kobold-Bard:Again, please do not say on growth that it gains all bonus and penalties, either don't say anything or say the bonus and penalties explained in the first post.

Organize a little better the abilities, improved grab is at 3rd level on the table but appears before scent on the table.

Reduce the initial damage of the natural weapons as it will increase to standard when it grows in size.

No to flight. I've never heard of owlbears flying. I would move improved brag to second, growth to third, and then put some area "stomp" or "screech" attack at 4th level. Alternatively some bonus to vision/hearing.

Otherwise good job. Love the pseudo-barbarian! And nice touch with half-pounce.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-16 at 08:41 AM.

20. - Top - End - #410

Loving the Aboleth! I do have 2 questions:
    1. Does an Aboleth gain synergy bonuses as if he had ranks in the various
    Knowledge skills?
    2. Could a Decanter of Endless Water refresh an Aboleth's mucus cloud, and if yes, how would you rule it?
    Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2010-09-16 at 10:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Kobold-Bard:Again, please do not say on growth that it gains all bonus and penalties, either don't say anything or say the bonus and penalties explained in the first post.

Organize a little better the abilities, improved grab is at 3rd level on the table but appears before scent on the table.

Reduce the initial damage of the natural weapons as it will increase to standard when it grows in size.

No to flight. I've never heard of owlbears flying. I would move improved brag to second, growth to third, and then put some area "stomp" or "screech" attack at 4th level. Alternatively some bonus to vision/hearing.

Otherwise good job. Love the pseudo-barbarian! And nice touch with half-pounce.
    Done.
    Done.
    Done.
    Done. Added screech.

Thanks.

Edit: Memory of the Eons need to specify that it only applies to knowledge skills. ATM I read it as saying that despite having a bunch of class skills it can only take ranks in that single knowledge skill, but I can also use Know (Eons) in place of ANY skill, not just knoWledges.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-09-16 at 10:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

On the owlbear's screech: it's kindof odd that it's a full round action- precedence states something like a screech is a free action (ala the vrock's stunning screech). How about a free action 1/ten minutes, shakens all within range? Or a fort save or dazed 1 round. Something like that.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Well it occurs to me that I completely forgot to put a save of any kind on mine so thanks for pointing that out.

So change it to: Free Action 1/10 minutes, Fort Save (DC 10+1/2HD+Con Mod) or Dazed for 1 round.

I like to make it also: Dazed for +1/5HD rounds (make it last longer since Fort Saves are the ones that increase the most at higher levels).

Thoughts?

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    I think you might be misinterpreting it a bit. I don't think Kyuubi is suggesting that the magical beasts be used- just the animal versions which share names (and that sounds fairly reasonable to me).
    Yeah, this is what I meant. Not the magical creatures, just the actual real life lizards/amphibian.

Although it would technically fall under were-monitor lizard I think a were komodo dragon (The real life creature) would be awesome. But then, I might be a bit biased since Komodo dragons are my favorite real life animals.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-09-16 at 11:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, this is what I meant. Not the magical creatures, just the actual real life lizards/amphibian.

Although it would technically fall under were-monitor lizard I think a were komodo dragon (The real life creature) would be awesome. But then, I might be a bit biased since Komodo dragons are my favorite real life animals.
    Komodo dragons are bigger than D&D monitor lizards; you'd either have to advance it or make a dire monitor lizard.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

26. - Top - End - #416

Doesn't change the potential for confusion. If someone sees were-basilik they expect to be able to turn people into stone with their gazes, not just walk in water and be mostly an harmless animal, unless real life basiliks are actualy a threat to humans and nobody told me anything (rats, now those are nasty little thing, carrying diseases and chewing trough steel and concrete).

Well a salamander could be dangerous if something tries to eat it but that's kinda limited for a PC.

One were per each animal. Don't be lazy please.

Kobold-Bard: I like more the second option.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Fixed Screech.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well here is my attempt at a werelizard. I used Horned Lizard, Monitor and threw in Crocodile just for good measure.

The Werelizard

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites
    To become a Werelizard, the character must meet the following requirements

Race: Any medium or large humanoid or giant
    [b]Special:[b]Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Werelizard and contracted lycanthropy.
    HD:d8
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(lizard), Lizard empathy, Lunar body, Reptilian Senses

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(hybrid)
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Growth, Sharpened Bite
    4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Curse of lycanthropy, Devour [/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. Class skills are handle animal, hide, listen, move silently, spot, survival

Proficiencies: A Werelizard gains proficiency with their own natural weapons

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Werelizards retain old racial modifiers and gain the Shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.

A Werelizard gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in lizard or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Lizard empathy: a werelizard can communicate with wolves and dire wolves regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence them. While in alternate form, a werelizard can howl to communicate at long distances with other wolves or werewolves, up to a distance of 1mile/HD

Alternate Form (Su): At first level, a Werelizard can take lizard form. The Werelizard must choose to either become Crocodile, Monitor or Horned Lizard at 1st level. This choice cannot be changed hereafter. While in lizard form, a Werelizard cannot use weapons but gains a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage; dependant on type chosen there are different modes of movement are allowed. A Werelizard can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

A Crocodile in Lizard form has a set speed of 20 ft. land & 30 ft. swim. While in lizard form it gains Improved Grab as a special ability, and may drag the opponent down with its jaws dealing 1d6+Str Mod Damage.

A Monitor in Lizard form has a set speed of 20 ft. land & 30 ft. swim. While in lizard form it gains Great Fortitude as a special ability and while in forests its natural bonus to Hide & Move Silently increases to HD. A Monitor Werelizard while transformed, hybrid or lizard, is large and may not choose to be smaller.

A Horned Lizard in Lizard form has a set speed of 20 ft. land & 20 ft. burrow. While in lizard form it gains Spines as a special ability. An opponent that hits it with a melee attack automatically takes 1d4 points of piercing damage. This damage increases with each size category the creature grows.

For every level in Werelizard, or for every two in another class, the Werelizard's alternate form improves as shown below
    {table]Werelizard level+1/2 other levels | Ability improvements
    1|+1dex
    2|+1dex, +1con
    3|+1str, +1dex, +1con
    4|+1str, +2dex, +1con
    5|+1str, +2dex, +2con
    6|+2str, +2dex, +2con
    7|+2str, +3dex, +2con
    8|+2str, +3dex, +3con
    9|+3str, +3dex, +3con
    10|+3str, +4dex, +3con
    11|+3str, +4dex, +4con
    12|+4str, +4dex, +4con [/table]
    At second level, a Werelizard can assume hybrid form. While in hybrid form, a Werelizard gains two claw attacks for 1d4 damage each and a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage, and can wield any weapons they could use in humanoid form. Both alternate forms are medium sized, regardless of the creature's humanoid size.

Reptile Senses: a Werelizard gains the Alertness feat and gains a bonus on Hide and Move Silently equal to its 1/2 its HD.

Growth: At 3rd level, a Werelizard's alternate forms become large. A Monitor Werelizard's alternate form becomes huge.

A Werelizard of 12 HD or more may choose to become huge by expending two normal transformations. A Monitor Werelizard may choose to become gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Werelizard of 16 HD or more may choose to become gargantuan by expending three normal transformations. A Monitor Werelizard may choose to become colossal by expending three normal transformations.

A Werelizard of 20 HD or more may choose to become colossal by expending four normal transformations. At this point the Monitor Werelizard may expend 1 transformation to become Gargantuan and two to become Collosal.

Sharpened Bite: At 3rd level a Werelizard’s bite becomes even more deadly. Their bite improves to 1d8 + Str Modifier Damage. As well at this point the Werelizard has become so use to biting that it gains Improved Natural Attack (Bite).

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a Werelizard can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save(DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Devour (Ex): Whenever a Werelizard deals damage with its mouth, it regains a number of hit points equal to half the damage inflicted. Any excess gained becomes temporary hit points which last for a maximum of one hour.
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-09-17 at 08:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419

you forgot to add devour to the table.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oops. Thank you!

Any critique?