New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    Ok... I'll make my own thread. Sorry, I didn't realize Creature of legend was a real monster.
    Please understand, I can't be sure that it's not allowed to do something like this, and I'm not trying to chase you out, just pointing out that I don't think there's any precedent for it.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    well the shaedling have to pillage/kill/steal so there kinda like bandits. These creature are the equivalent(for feys) of drow for the elfs. So should they have maybe one or two weapon profiencentys?
    Yeah, I'd go for simple & 1 martial.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    It... Does not work that way in this case. The dream larva and the anaxim are both abominations, yes, as are the Atropal, Xixecal, Phaeton and Phane I am working on. But the Anaxim (and the atropal) have a vast difference from the others. They are constructs (and undead) so several of the abomination traits are, by default, superfluous. I will take Magic's work into consideration for the outsider-type abominations, but it does not truly work for this one and the upcoming atropal.
    Yes, it most certainly does. I don't see how it doesn't. Just remove the superfluous stuff and put the rest in- the thing is, all abomination traits are the same.

I could change blindsight, perhaps, but I am unwilling to buff it to match the Dream Larva's, which reaches a ludicrous 200 feet radius. 400 feet Telepathy does not strike me well either on grounds of something you know, something called Mindsight.
    200 feet mindsight, 400 feet mindsight, not that much different- you still have mindsight.

Also, on risk of sounding cocky, my Anaxim is a vastly older creation, so if anything, Magicyop is the one who should be looking into it for conformity to standard.
    On risk of sounding cocky, I was the one who suggested the abomination traits as they are on the dream larva, so you really should be looking to that for conformity to standard.

The construct traits I took from the srd are the same ones you have on the iron golem (minus the fact that you removed Low Light Vision and the golem-specific fire healing), I don't know why it was mentioned.
    No, they aren't. It even says that the construct traits are changed from the original construct traits, and that it's highly advisable it is read. Specifically, resurrection.

They are from Eberron Campaign Setting, alongside the Weapon Enhancement line. Artificer Infusions. I will make a sidebar for those who lack that book (anyone? I doubt, but I disgress). They are really simple spells... Infusions.
    Me. I lack the book. And I want you to remove those SLAs- you already have the magic weapon/vestment line, and they aren't in the original list of SLAs anyways.

Bolter guns are standard weapons and incur on attacks of opportunity when used in melee. So... Possible, but not advised.
    Well, I'm sure a feat could be taken to avoid that. Anyways, might want to clarify that they work just like regular weapons on either hand and such.

It has a 5 round "cooldown", so it is not really that strong, dpr (damage per round) wise. Not a breath weapon so no metabreath/breath channeling or other feat shenanigans either. I believe it is fine as is.
    The problem is that it is doing more sonic damage than pretty much any class than a blaster, straight out of the box. And it has a 5 round cooldown, not a 5 round casting time- action economy wise, it's still okay, just can't be spammed. I want you to decrease the damage.

The anaxim does not get any size increases before far deep into epic levels. Weapons of Mass Destruction and Instruments of Deicide serve to bring its natural weapons up to par with those of the base anaxim.
    It's not that it's an ability for increasing natural weapon damage, it's how it's worded.

It is a +19 bonus at most. And it is spelled out that it isn't a natural 20. My worry, frankly, is that it could be an underwhelming capstone. Relatively few daily uses too.
    ...true. Still, it is sorta... meh. I advise you find a new capstone.

Quote Originally Posted by AustontheGreat1 View Post
    • Cleared up that bit about the SLA's
    • Fiery Wings now stacks with heat property. Activates as a swift action and specifies that it is a typical unarmed unarmed strike (meaning AoO's)
    • Rise from the Ashes now lets the phoelarch choose what form it is reborn into.
    Good, good, good.
    Okay, how about the phoelarch can hand out a number of feathers () i'd like it to be more than one because the other memebrs of the party would get jealous. The feathers give the person Fire resistance equal to the phoelarchs HD, slowfall 3/day, and the luck bonuses. In addition , the phoelarch can always know the location of the feather and the person who holds it?

I don't know, that seems like a lot. What do you think?
    That seems like... nothing. Fire resistance and a level 1 SLA? Pfffft.
    And, see, the point isn't that it's an aura- it's a gift. It's for somebody special. You choose the member of the party you like most, and give them your gift- if everyone has it, it's boring. And really, it shouldn't cause jealousy, no more than "Buff me! No, buff me!", which really should only happen in immature groups anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Ah, I see. Sorry about that. Changed to make it simply increase by one step.
    You're right, that is a little bit on the high side, since it isn't really a skill oriented class. Changed it to 4+int.
    Oh! Got it. That's much easier. Changed, and also made it a gaze attack.
    See above, done.
    I have no quarrel with any of your critiques, thank you for taking the time to critique. Hope the Larva looks better now.
    Looks good. I'm going to give it another lookover before I add it to the list, though, epic level creature and all.

Oh, and I'd like to call dibs on the Saint template as my next monster, once the Larva is finished... it's only a two level template, so should be much better, much easier to write and to critique. You were very right about the Dream Larva being a bad first class to undertake. But nonetheless, I'm fairly happy with how it looks at this point in its development.
    ...Sure, works for me.

Bleakborn... lesse here...
    Heat Draining Aura is a lot to keep track of- you have to know everything within range, then roll a fort save for all of them, then roll damage for all of them. I'd make it no save, charisma modifier damage (minimum one). And then reduce the range, and let the bleakborn control how far the range is.
    In general, though, flat damage auras out to more than 10 feet are a bad idea- they hurt allies as much as they hurt enemies.
    Scale the balance check on ice slick.
    I'm not sure if I like create spawn- do we have a precedent on that?
    Scale the turn resistance, too.
    Hell, maybe even scale icy touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    Can I request a monster? Adamantine Dragon (Dragon#321)
    Is that one less than CR 20 at wyrmling?

Question: Was the Ethergaunt taken off the alphabetical list on purpose?
    Yeppers! I'll be doing that one myself, once I get the time. If you'd like to speed the process along, critique!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamurai77 View Post
    I'd like to request a progression for this.
    We're not doing homebrew right now, sorry. If anyone wants to do it I won't say no, but I won't put it on the request list.

Brass Golem: I like it! A fewwwww problems, though:
    Didn't I say to remove the "can't run" stipulation? Did the glass golem still have it?
    The table's off.
    For misleading, wouldn't be too awful to add a bonus to bluff as well, eh?
    Resilience is too powerful. Choose one save.
    For improved evolution, let 'em choose 2 from the first evolution, just in case they don't like those.
    Perfect Edge... let it stack with keen for the gore, but not for the hunter's weapon. Brings up problems of 13-20/x4 greathammers.
    Or, better yet, don't let it apply to the hunter's weapon at all and increase the threat range and multiplier of the gore.
    Re-forged purpose: why not just toss it favored enemy a few times?
    Otherwise, looks ok.

Rumel: Magicyop is correct: it is against the rules to post in old threads, and our business here is to adapt pre-existing monsters, not make new ones. Not that making new ones is a bad thing... it just doesn't belong here.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

The problem is that it is doing more sonic damage than pretty much any class than a blaster, straight out of the box. And it has a 5 round cooldown, not a 5 round casting time- action economy wise, it's still okay, just can't be spammed. I want you to decrease the damage.
    Not trying to be a problem here, but I agree with Draken. A five round cooldown seems like it's enough to offset the damage.

Now looking at the request page, I'm going to attempt the Joystealer. looks like it'll have few enough levels for it to be doable. I'll do Illurien first but afterwards, DIBS!

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Not trying to be a problem here, but I agree with Draken. A five round cooldown seems like it's enough to offset the damage.
    Well, I disagree. If it were anything but sonic damage I really wouldn't care, but the fact that it beats out everything but metamagic in terms of damage is bad. It's not like it can't do anything in those 5 rounds, anyways.

Now looking at the request page, I'm going to attempt the Joystealer. looks like it'll have few enough levels for it to be doable. I'll do Illurien first but afterwards, DIBS!
    If you really want, you can take a break from Illurien. Just make sure you get back to her, and when you do, provide links to it.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Bleakborn... lesse here...
    Heat Draining Aura is a lot to keep track of- you have to know everything within range, then roll a fort save for all of them, then roll damage for all of them. I'd make it no save, charisma modifier damage (minimum one). And then reduce the range, and let the bleakborn control how far the range is.
    In general, though, flat damage auras out to more than 10 feet are a bad idea- they hurt allies as much as they hurt enemies.
    Scale the balance check on ice slick.
    I'm not sure if I like create spawn- do we have a precedent on that?
    Scale the turn resistance, too.
    Hell, maybe even scale icy touch.
    Removed the save for heat draining aura, added some scaling to turn resistance and Greater icy grasp, and made the DC for ice slick scale.

As for create spawn, since the bleakborn ussually only creates and controls zombies, I thought I should use the animate dead spell as a base.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I disagree. If it were anything but sonic damage I really wouldn't care, but the fact that it beats out everything but metamagic in terms of damage is bad. It's not like it can't do anything in those 5 rounds, anyways.
    The ability does damage to everything in a 60 foot radius. This limits its usefulness since it's extremely ally unfriendly. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-24 at 07:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #697

Fantastic!

I was just looking through the alphabetical list and found two errors: the Ettin link goes to Nimblewright, and the Gravetouched Ghoul link goes to Stained Glass Golem. Thought you might want to know.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

8. - Top - End - #698

BlackDragon

Hey, loved the idea of the older threads, and happy to see the thread continuing. Not much on Homebrewing as of yet, but I was wondering if I could drop a few suggestions/requests for future monsters.

-Sunwyrm [Fiend Folio pg 164] {8 legged Brilliant Energy-using Dragon} [Requested in 2 version of thread, that didn't get worked on]
    -Hullathoin [Fiend Folio pg 96] {A undead 'dragon' that lugs around a hoard of undead & special swarm of locust}
    -Aurumach [Fiend Folio pg 141] {Leaders of race of Outsiders that represent True Neutral}
    -Maug [Fiend Folio pg 121] {Rocky humanoid warriors that graft weapons onto themselves}
    -Shadesteel Golem [MM3 pg 73] {Golem that Bursts Negative Energy}

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

9. - Top - End - #699

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    -Shadesteel Golem [MM3 pg 73] {Golem that Bursts Negative Energy}
    I will do this next in my Golem project.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #700

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    Since githyanki are a warrior race, wouldn't armor proficiency make sense? also it seems to go against the standard spell-like ability formula for them to gain plane shift at an even numbered level.
    I don't understand what you mean by this, against the project's formula to give planeshift at an even level?

Personally, I'd give the githyanki fighter proficiencies and good fort, and give the githzerai more psionics to make them more balanced. But those are just my thoughts.
    I may look into giving the 'Zerai more psionics, but for now I feel with skills, and killer saves they're pretty balanced against eachother.

[
    Should definitely get all simple & martial weapons and light armor proficiency.
    Sounds fair enough to me.

Wouldn't be out of line to give more skill points, and maybe an intelligence bonus+basing the PLAs off intelligence- the Githyanki are crafty bastards.
    More Skills points seems a little out of line, 4+Int is pretty good for martial classes, and first level. Especially with all the more or less free Psi-Likes for a one level dip. As for the Intelligence bonus they seem more dexterous than crafty to me, But I do think Int based Psi-like DCs is a great idea.

Also, does nobody read the PLA rules? All PLAs are automatically augmented with PP equal to the creature's HD-the power's cost. Don't make things more complicated than it has to be.
    Its been a long time since I've looked at them, I forgot about that. As for everyone else, I cannot speak. Removed unnecessary complication, and added stipulation for everybody who hasn't read them.

Typos: there's a "center" on the table, and you said "Extreplanar". It's extraplanar.
    Thanks

You need to make a greater difference between the two classes. Also, githzerai need a reason to have a wisdom bonus.
    Gave the 'Zerai Wisdom based Psi-Like.

A way to do this might be to give the githyanki the good BAB, and good proficiencies, but 4+int mod skill points and only one good save, while the githzerai get 3/4 BAB and just simple weapons, no armor or shields, but all good saves (like a monk!) and 6+int mod skills/level. Just to start.
    All pretty much great ideas. Done.

Gith
    Come with me, time out of mind...

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Em... on the gith, I'd advise granting the Githyanki 4+int skill points, not 2. 2 is a bit excessive on the low side, and leaves the githzerai a little more powerful, honestly.
    Anyways, again, I'm worried they can't stand up to other classes- they're comparable to some templates. That's why I was saying to give them the intelligence bonus, in addition to, not instead of. I'd give the githyanki +1 int and the githzerai +1 dex, just to make them competitive.

The ability does damage to everything in a 60 foot radius. This limits its usefulness since it's extremely ally unfriendly. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.
    That... is not a good thing. Being ally unfriendly.

also it seems to go against the standard spell-like ability formula for them to gain plane shift at an even numbered level.
    Not really, no- giving the spells at a level the wizard would get them is a minimum. If it's a powerful SLA, in fact it's better to wait until later to get it.

Bleakborn:
    Why didn't you give a flat damage to heat draining aura, like I suggested? Just trying to cut down on rolling here.
    You still have +2 turn resistance on the table.
    And remember: scaling, scaling, scaling. As a primary class ability, icy touch will definitely start to lose its vim when you're doing a mere +2d6 on attacks at 20th level.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

That... is not a good thing. Being ally unfriendly.
    I'm aware. That's why I'm saying that the amount of damage isn't that big a deal. I can't think of many situations where all your allies are going to be 12 squares away from you in every direction.

13. - Top - End - #703

Saint is done, but I'll wait until Dream Larva is added to the list (or changed, if I need to make any final changes) to post it.

Also, suggestion on the bleakborn. Their main shtick is draining heat from others to warm themselves. Instead of, "Now Icy Touch heals you" and "Now Icy Aura heals you", why not give them a higher level ability which just makes it so that for every 3 points of cold damage they deal, no matter how they deal it, they gain 1 hit point? Would be simpler and would allow for carryover if they have cold based abilities from other classes.

Also, capstone seems useless to me- undead die at 0 HP, so the Bleakborn would never get to use this. Unless you're saying that the Bleakborn can survive below 0 HP and doesn't die at -10 or at 0?

Gorgon, I'm curious, I read something about playing two different 'base monster classes' in one character, in a gestalt setting or the like, and I was wondering if you knew anything about how that usually works. While not common, it seems like it would be interesting to try. (A mirrored golem who is an Iron Goldem//Nerra, for example.) Does the player take the "Body of __" traits from only one of the creatures, and the class features of the other?

If you don't know, disregard this, I'm just curious.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-25 at 01:12 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

14. - Top - End - #704

Bleakborn: Why didn't you give a flat damage to heat draining aura, like I suggested? Just trying to cut down on rolling here.
    You still have +2 turn resistance on the table.
    And remember: scaling, scaling, scaling. As a primary class ability, icy touch will definitely start to lose its vim when you're doing a mere +2d6 on attacks at 20th level.
    Icy touch now scales to 4d6, turn resistance fixed, heat draining aura now deals 1 point per HD each round and greater heat draining aura allows allies to be excluded from its effects

Also, capstone seems useless to me- undead die at 0 HP, so the Bleakborn would never get to use this. Unless you're saying that the Bleakborn can survive below 0 HP and doesn't die at -10 or at 0?
    The bleakborn becomes able to use its aura to heal itself even after death, eventually reanimating itself. I've changed the wording, so I hope its a little easier to understand now.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

15. - Top - End - #705

I'm not sure if the creator is just taking a break, or hasn't gotten to it, or doesn't realize it's not finished, but, well, it's not finished.
    Those whose monsters are on the list below have a week to either respond or finish their creation, or I will finish it myself.
    Mineral Warrior
    Was taking a break due to midtermish troubles. Should be getting back on that within a couple days - I'll probably end up just swapping out the points thing for passive/dailies.
    Last edited by FirebirdFlying; 2010-10-25 at 05:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706

Shaedling

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Fey body,Wall of darkness, Sleeping curse,+1 dex,+1 cha
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | Create Shadow Gossamer,+1 dex,+1 cha[/table]
    HD =D8

Proficiencies : It gains Proficiencies with light armor, light sheild, simple weapons and 1 martial weapon.

Skills4+intel modfier (X4 at first level) Class Skills Bluff,Diplomacy,Escape Artist,Hide,Listen,Move silently,Spot,

Fey body:A shadeling loses all other racial bonus and gains fey traits(basically darkvision and low light vision). It is a medium sized fey with a base speed of 30ft.The shaedling has wings, but isn't initially able to fly. but beacuse of the wings they gains a +4 bonus to jump checks.

At 4th HD, it gains the ability to fly with a speed of 40ft+5/Hd with average maneuverability.

Wall of darkness Once a per day per Hd a Shaedling can create a wall of darkness up to 30 ft long.This blocks the ligne of sight of those who do not have darkvision.

Sleeping curse Once a per day per Hd a Shaedling is able to enchant a weapon with the sleep for 1 round, it is a swift action. If this hit the enemy must make a save(10+1/2Hd+Cha modifer) or fall asleep of 1d6 round. They cannot be woken up by anything but a remove curse spell.

Create Shadow Gossamer A shaedling is able to create a non liquide weapon or tool of 15 pounds or lighter as a swift action.This substance is black in color. Shields that are from Shadow Gossamer have a 1 less on their armor check penalty. This ability last 5 rounds per hd. they can use this ability 2 time per Hd per day. At 3rd HD the item fuctions like masterwork,At 6th HD it gains a +1 bonus one items made by shadow gossamer. At 9th HD and every 3Hd latter it gains a addition +1 bonus, it finshes at lv 18 with a +5 bonus to shadow gossamer items.Shadow gossamer implements dissipate to nothingness if they leave the hands of a shaedling for longer than 1 round

I think it's done.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #707
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to make a request.

The Tome of Battle Valkyrie! Their stats are on the page 157.

Yeah, I know they're not those classic Valkyries, but these ones are just so badass that I want to play one. Or more.

I'm not sure if requests are supposed to be PMed or posted here, so if I did something wrong I'll fix it

Anyways, have fun with building it and thanks in advance!
    Last edited by PrGo; 2010-10-25 at 06:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #708

Daemon

No one got any comments on my brass golem? What about help on its maze ability?
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #709

Sorry I couldn't fix the Black Dragon, but I had to go to hospital for a few days. Throat infections and all. I'll get it done now :U

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Some of the formatting and things bugged me. I re-present the Drider.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drider

HD:d8
    Skill Points per level: 4+Int Modifier
    Skill Points at First Level: (4+Int Modifier)x4
    Class Skills: The Drider's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are: Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spellcraft (Int) and Spot (Wis).

{table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+ 0|+ 0| +2 | Drider Body, Poison
    2|+ 1|+ 0|+ 0| +3 | Soul of Magic (+1), Drider Perception Powers, Str +1
    3|+ 1|+ 1|+ 1| +3 | Arcane Resistance, Dex +1
    4|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | Soul of Magic (+2), Drider Light and Darkness powers, Con +1
    5|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | Growth, Str +1
    6|+ 3|+ 2|+ 2| +5 | Soul of Magic (+3), Spit Poison, Dex +1
    7|+ 3|+ 2|+ 2| +5 | Drider Utility Powers, Con +1[/table]

Proficiencies:The Drider is proficient with simple weapons, but no armor or shields.

Features
    Drider Body: At 1st level, the Drider loses all other racial bonuses and gains aberration traits. He’s a medium-sized aberration with a base speed of 30ft, and a climb speed equal to half of his land speed. He gains a natural bite attack causing 1d6+str damage, and gains a +4 bonus to Hide and Move silently checks, and also a +8 bonus to all climb checks. He can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    Finally, he has a natural armor bonus equal to his con modifier.

Poison: The drider can inject his victims with poison on a successful bite attack. This poison has a save DC equal to 10+1/2 the Drider's hit die plus their con modifier, and deals 1d3 initial strength damage, and the same an hour later as secondary damage. At his third HD, and every second HD after that, the initial and secondary damage increases by one die size, as with weapon increases by size. (1d3>1d4>1d6>1d8>2d6>3d6>4d6>6d6...)

Soul of Magic: At second level, the Drider gains the ability to cast spells as a wizard, cleric or sorcerer of a level equal to its drider level, minus one. The Drider chooses this class at second level; and cannot change his decision later (Note: Any other spellcasting class would likely be equally balanced in this position-ask your DM if unsure whether a class you would prefer is balanced enough)
    The Drider also gains a +1 racial bonus to the ability that governs his spell's DCs. At level 4, the bonus becomes +2, and then it grows to +3 at level 6.

Drider Perception Powers: A second level Drider gains a small number of spell-like abilities, each usable once per day: Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Detect Good, Detect Law, Detect Magic.
    For each three hit dice more than two that the Drider possesses, he gains an additional use per day for each of these spell-like abilities.

Arcane Resistance: A Drider of third level gains spell resistance equal to 10+his HD.

Drider Light and Darkness Powers: At fourth level, the Drider gains some more spell-like abilities, each usable once per day: Dancing Light, Darkness and Faerie Fire. If a saving throw is allowed, the DC is equal to ten, plus half the Drider's hit die, plus their Charisma modifier.
    For each three hit dice more than four that the Drider possesses, he gains an additional use per day for each of these spell-like abilities.

Growth: At fifth level, the Drider grows to large size.

Spit Poison: At sixth level, the Drider may apply his poison to any weapon he holds, as a move action. In the open, the poison lasts for one hour for each hit die the Drider possesses, or until it affects someone, whether they save or not.

Drider Utility Powers: At seventh level, the Drider gains additional spell-like abilities, each usable once per day: Dispel Magic, Levitate and Suggestion. If a saving throw is allowed, the DC is equal to ten, plus half the Drider's hit die, plus their Charisma modifier.
    For each three hit dice more than seven that the Drider possesses, he gains an additional use per day for each of these spell-like abilities.
    At 11 HD, he can use Greater Dispel Magic instead of Dispel Magic.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-12-02 at 11:31 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

21. - Top - End - #711

the SLA should have saves(10+1/2HD+cha mod)
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Oh! You're right; I thought they were just using the same formula as normal, but SLAs are normally 10+level of equivalent spell+cha. I'll change that.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Orc in the Playground

Is anyone who posts and takes requests here familiar with the Tome of Battle rules? I'd like to request the Ragewalker MM III (p.132.) And I feel that I lack the skills to do it properly and though I'm a big fan of the book, I've yet to have a DM thats will allow me to try them. The reason I ask if anyone is familiar with the ToB stuff is that I'd love to see it made with abilities and maneuvers. Maybe give it warblade progression and what-not; and perhaps make the Weapon Cloud ability into a unique stance or something. I'd do it myself but like I said I don't think it's within the range of my abilities.

Would anyone like to give it a shot?

24. - Top - End - #714
    Orc in the Playground

HUNEFER

The Class
    Spoiler
    Show

HUNEFER
    {table=head]Level|BAB|F|R|W|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Lesser Despair, +1 Str, Rotting Body

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Rot, +1 Str

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Dispair, +1 Str

4th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Minion, +1 Str, Growth

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Improved Dispair, +1 Str

6th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Improved Rot, +1 Str

7th|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Greater Dispair, +1 Str

8th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Multiple Minions, Growth, +1 Str

9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Perfect Dispair, +1 Str, Lasting Rot

10th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Perfect Rot, Perfect Minions, +1 Str

[/table]

Hit Die: d12

Class Skills: (2+ Int Mod.) x4 at first level. a Hunefer's class Skills are Intimadate, Bluff, Hide, Move Silently, Jump.

Class Features
    Proficiencies: The Hunefer is proficient with medium armor and no shields and is only proficient with its own natural weapons.

Rotting Body The Hunefer loses all racial features and becomes an Undead. A Hunefer has 30 base land speed. The Hunefer gains Undead traits

Spoiler
    Show
    No Constitution score.
    Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
    Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
    Cannot heal damage on its own if it has no Intelligence score, although it can be healed. Negative energy (such as an inflict spell) can heal undead creatures. The fast healing special quality works regardless of the creature’s Intelligence score.
    Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
    Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
    Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
    Proficient with its natural weapons, all simple weapons, and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
    Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Undead not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Undead are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
    Undead do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

Additionally, the Hunefer receives a bonus to its natural armor equal to its Strength score.

Lesser Despair: A Hunefer is a horrible looking creature. It sends out a feeling of fear makeing any creature within 30ft of him shaken for 1d4+2 rounds 1/day/HD. DC=10+1/2HD+Str mod

Rot: When a Hunefer lands a slam attack, he may choose to inflict rot. It deals 1 Str damage/ 2HD+1 every/4HD

Ability Increases: A Hunefer receives a permanent increase to its Strength score at all race levels. This bonuse totals to +10 Str at 10th level.

Dispair: As the Hunefer grows, it's Dispair ability grows in power. Now whenever the creature hits a person with his Dispair ability, the person is now panicked.

Minion: The gains a mummy minion with a HD equal to Hunefer levels + 1/2 any other levels. It cannot be turned and can be replaced 1/day if slain by preforming a ritual on any dead corpse (even undead)

Improved Dispair: Same as Dispair only victim now coward in fear and ability has a 25% chance to affect creatures immune to fear.

Greater Rot: Same as Rot but now does ability damage for 1d4+1/ every five HD. Also 1d2 points of the damage is permanent

Greater Dispair: Same as Improved Dispair but causes subject to become stunned. Also, the ability has a 50% chance to bypass creatures immunity to fear.

More Minions: You gain two additional minions at half the HD of your orriginal minion.

Perfect Dispair: Same as Greater Dispair, but paralyzes creatures affected. Also, you have a 75% chance to affect creatures immune to fear.

Perfect Rot: Same as Greater Rot but deals 1d4+1/ every 5 HD which 1d2 is permanent.

Growth: the Hunefer's body has reached physical maturity and becomes larger. At the indicated levels, the Hunefer increases one size category.

Perfect Minions: Your lesser minions gain HD equal to your greater minions.

Lasting Rot: The rot ability does 1d2 points of Str and Con damage every turn untill treated with appropriate cure desiese spells. Fort negates

Thoughts?

25. - Top - End - #715

The general rule is levels = CR. A hunefer monster class should go into epic

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

26. - Top - End - #716

Also, I think that Gorgon just finished being mad at me for making an epic monster class as my first monster class, let me tell you, Gorgon was absolutely right-- Dream Larva was no picnic to make and tough for everyone to revise, I suggest doing a smaller monster class for your first class. I know from personal experience that it's really hard to start out with an epic one, having just about finished my first epic monster/first monster class ever. See where I posted it? Back on page 8. It took that many pages to revise it to be usable. Everyone suggested I do an easier class, and I didn't listen, which I really regret. I suggest to you the same thing that was suggested to me, Rumel.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

27. - Top - End - #717
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    The general rule is levels = CR. A hunefer monster class should go into epic
    Hmmm... I'll try that.

28. - Top - End - #718

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    Hmmm... I'll try that.
    I really suggest you wait and see what Gorgon has to say. I think that trying to help me work on Dream Larva nearly gave him an aneurysm, and this seems like it will end up being a similar project. I'm not saying you shouldn't, heck, I made the exact same mistake, but just that you should think it through and maybe wait to see what Gorgon recommends.

On the topic of the actual monster, if you decide to do it, your current class basically has very few of the abilities of the actual Hunefer. As it stands, it's basically just, "You're panicked with no save! I rot your strength! Also mummies!" I suggest that if you do decide to do it, you add the abilities which the actual Hunefer has, at least somewhat.

EDIT: Yay! This post promoted me to a Bugbear!
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-25 at 10:49 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

29. - Top - End - #719

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    I really suggest you wait and see what Gorgon has to say. I think that trying to help me work on Dream Larva nearly gave him an aneurysm, and this seems like it will end up being a similar project. I'm not saying you shouldn't, heck, I made the exact same mistake, but just that you should think it through and maybe wait to see what Gorgon recommends.

On the topic of the actual monster, if you decide to do it, your current class basically has very few of the abilities of the actual Hunefer. As it stands, it's basically just, "You're panicked with no save! I rot your strength! Also mummies!"
    I agree. If you're new to this, it might be best to start with a low CR creature and work your way up

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Orc in the Playground

What do I do for creatures with a CR of 1/2 and such?