New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Minotaur Descended (Bloodline)

Minotaur Descended
    The heritor of raids and rampages those descended from minotaurs are often social outcasts. After all no one wants to be reminded of the ghosts from previous winters.
    Level
    Minor
    Intermediate
    Major
    1 Search +2
    2 Search +2 Power Attack
    3 Strength +1
    4 Search +2 Power Atack Powerful Build
    5 Minotaur Affinity +2
    6 Strength +1 Eyes of the minotaur
    7 Spot +2
    8 Power Attack Powerful Build Scent of the Wild
    9 Constitution +1
    10 Minotaur Affinity +2 Natural Cunning
    11 Minotaur affinity +4
    12 Strength +1 Eyes of the minotaur Uncanny Dodge
    13 Listen +2
    14 spot +2 Horns of the minotaur
    15 Wisdom +1
    16 powerful build scent of the wild Hide of the Minotaur
    17 Minotaur Affinity +6
    18 Constitution +1 Awesome Blow
    19 Intimidate +2
    20 Minotaur Affinity +2 Natural cunning Powerful charge

Power attack The minotaur can forego accuracy in violent attacks, so can the descended. They gain power attack as a bonus feat.

Powerful build: Like their ancestors before them the desceneded are powerful for their size. They benefit from Powerful Build, as the goliath ability of the same name.

Minotaur Affinity: Descended are recoginized by minotaurs as the become more and more like them. They gain the indicated bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with minotaurs.

Eyes of the minotaur: Those descended from minotaurs can see in the dark out to 60’ or if they already had darkvision it is increased by 30’.

Scent of the Wild: The descended gains the scent ability.

Natural Cunning: Like minotaurs they possess natural cunning. This gives them immunity to maze spells, can never be lost, and enables them to track enemies.

Uncanny Dodge: The Minotaur descended gains Uncanny dodge. They retain their dexterity bonus if caught flat footed or struck by an invisible attacker. If they already have this they gain Improved uncanny dodge, and their level for it is equal to their ECL.

Horns of the Minotaur: The descended gains a gore attack that deals 1d8+Strength modifier.

Hide of the minotaur: A thick strong hide covers the descended granting them +1 natural armor. This stacks with other natural armor bonuses.

Awesome blow: The descended gains awesome blow as a bonus feat. (They meet the prerequisite of being large due to powerful build) Creatures that are not large or bigger gain improved bull rush instead.

Powerful Charge: When the minotaur descended charges they gain an additional +2 to hit and damage. This stacks with the normal benefits of a charge.

PEACH
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-04-25 at 01:54 PM.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Minotaur Descended (Bloodline)

Edit: Oops, you already had it.

Um.

Hide of the Minotaur should probably be dropped to a +1 flat bonus due to otherwise being too big for a bloodline. You could grant two discrete +1 bonuses, but no more than +2 total, probably.

Powerful Charge should be changed to a flat +2/+2 bonus, in order to avoid speed abuse, or literally copy the existing minotaur's powerful charge, increasing the gore base damage to 3d6.

I'd split out "never caught flat-footed" from natural cunning, turn it into uncanny dodge, and slot it in somewhere.
    Last edited by aimlessPolymath; 2017-04-25 at 11:30 AM.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by aimlessPolymath View Post
    Edit: Oops, you already had it.

Um.

Hide of the Minotaur should probably be dropped to a +1 flat bonus due to otherwise being too big for a bloodline. You could grant two discrete +1 bonuses, but no more than +2 total, probably.

Powerful Charge should be changed to a flat +2/+2 bonus, in order to avoid speed abuse, or literally copy the existing minotaur's powerful charge, increasing the gore base damage to 3d6.

I'd split out "never caught flat-footed" from natural cunning, turn it into uncanny dodge, and slot it in somewhere.
    Thanks

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

What if you're small and take this bloodline? Do you still get Awesome Blow?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

hmm... did not think of that XD
    EDIT: fixed
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-04-25 at 01:54 PM.

Extended Signature