New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

[King's Summer Cabin]

For a long time after the aspects faded away, Ilpholin simply lies there on her back amongst the furs and cushions. Her bioware, nanites, Tauron's upgrades, and even her own training all served well to keep her from becoming too fatigued throughout the experience. But she still felt drained when all was said and done. Like it had taken everything out of her and replaced it with the essence the King had embedded within her. And she could feel it strongly. The Princess or Prince the King in Rags has bestowed inside her. Ilpholin rubs her belly slowly, sensing a warmth there she had not felt before in her many couplings.

The nymph slowly closes her eyes allowing the gentle sound of the birds to grant her sleep. After a few hours in this prone state, she awakes again and shakily gets to her feet. Ilpholin collects her clothes and watches it writhe and cling onto her body once more until it was neatly pressed against her skin and protecting her modesty. Ilpholin takes a moment to rub her belly once more, still feeling the gravitas of the situation weighing heavily on her, before she wobbles out of the cabin and goes home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: BC's HQ

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver wastes no time in prying the panel open once the puppets are all cut down. Taking the puppets with him, he enters the space and tries to close the panel behind him. Maybe he can get the puppets looked at to see if they're magical once he's out of here.
    That's just rude, stealing the puppets like that.
    Much more work for the puppeteer than just restringing them.

But Oliver gets himself safely into the crawlspace with the puppets and shuts the panel behind him, just as he hears footsteps coming down the stairs.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

More work for the puppeteer, more information for the detective. Hopefully there's enough info, especially with the flash drive in Oliver's pocket.

Oliver crawls through this area towards the bridge, as stealthily as a master criminal can be.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Jace’s Place]

”It’s a part of being anyone, Khannie. It’s just more obvious for people like you.
    As for the spell, my magic is...rather tailored to me. Most of what I’m good at is enchanting things to make them better, or elemental things. Transfiguration has just never been my forte.”

He gives her a knowing look.
    ”And yes I understand the incredible irony of that sentence.”
    Khannie gives a little giggle at that and hugs her dad again.

Why did her life have to be so weird?

She's often wondered what it would have been like if she had been born a normal human without all this strangeness around her.

But then...

That wouldn't be her, would it? That would be someone else.

And being herself is... just fine. Isn't it?

"Learning a new spell with you sounds cool."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jace’s Place]

Jace smiles at her.
    ”It’s a plan, then. We can try it after this whole nuttiness blows over, and we get you some new clothes. I imagine yours don’t fit anymore. If you don’t want to wear that suit around the house you have my permission to wrap yourself up in one of the blankets until I find something your size. Or you can use the fancy-pants gold cloak Veronica made for me. It’s really nice.” He gives her another kiss on the forehead.
    ”I do need to check on Heather, though. I’ll try to find you some clothes on the way. Will you be alright with Commissar for a little while longer?”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #1326

More work for the puppeteer, more information for the detective. Hopefully there's enough info, especially with the flash drive in Oliver's pocket.

Oliver crawls through this area towards the bridge, as stealthily as a master criminal can be.
    No one follows him. Which is good, because it can't be easy to move stealthily while holding all those puppets.

Back at the bottom of the stairs, an exchange.
    "So he just took my puppets and ran after all. I could have told you this would happen."
    "It'll be more interesting this way."

He reaches the bridge without incident. Now he just has to climb down and meet up with the detective once more.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-08-08 at 12:58 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I didn't finish my thought before, meant to say "as stealthily as a master criminal can be while carrying lots of puppets."

Oliver climbs and checks behind him, in case somebody just witnessed him climb down with all of the puppets.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Unmasqued]

Much, much later into the night - after the drinking, dancing, and more intrigue and security breaches than ever could have been expected in one evening, a portal opens in the living room of Cass' abode, hanging in the air in a clear part of the room, safely away from any furniture.

"Careful, I made it a bit of a step down," says a voice on the other side, and then Cass steps carefully through the portal, stepping almost a foot down from the ground level portal of a faraway garden to the floor of her own tower. She turns and holds her hand back up through the portal, intending to help her companion through.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-08-22 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Thanks," Electra says, taking Cass's hand gently and stepping down carefully. The party was far busier than she'd anticipated, security-wise, and she's far more tired, mentally, than she realized, but she manages to get down without falling or losing her balance. Once she's regained her feet, she smiles gently at Cass and blushes a bit, before moving her hands up towards her mask.

"I hope you don't mind if I take my mask off, I'd like to breathe a bit, as it were," she says. Truth be told, she wants to have this talk without the mask in the middle of things, and she hopes Cass will follow her lead. After all, the elf has such beautiful eyes, and she wants to see them all the more clearly....
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course," says Cass, smiling from behind her own mask, which she doesn't take off. "Did you, uh... want something to drink?" She says, slipping her hand out of Electra's and crossing over in the direction of the kitchen, placing a hand on the couch as she goes by. The portal behind them gives a sudden snap as it shuts, and for the briefest moment it seems as though she's leaning on the couch, fingers tightening as she comes to a stop, the veins running up her neck darkening to an unwholesome black.

11. - Top - End - #1331

NinjaGuy

Electra pulls the domino mask off, the glow from her eyes now fully visible. It fades after a moment, and she starts to say something in response to Cass' question, before noting the black flush, and Cass leaning against the couch.

"I-hey, are you ok?" In a quick, graceful motion, she's next to Cass, offering her a supporting arm. "Here, lean on me."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

"What? No, I-I'm fine," says Cass, sounding embarrassed, though she lays a grateful hand on Electra's arm all the same. She pulls her mask off with her other hand, and Electra will see the corruption has spread across her face as well, especially across her eyes, which appear at first glance completely black, though within the inky blackness Electra might be able to spot small flecks of light, like a starry night sky. The corruption fades quickly though, leaving her skin, while a little pale, as completely smooth and flawlessly unblemished as it usually is, and the blackness in her eyes similarly abates, retreating back into their usual gentle silver.

"It's just been a long night, that's all." She says, giving Electra a small smile.

13. - Top - End - #1333

NinjaGuy

Electra's concern doesn't abate, if the expression on her face is any indication, but she nods.

"Yes, it certainly has. Don't worry about getting me anything, just take it easy, ok? Do you need to sit down? If you tell me where things are, I'll bring you whatever you need."

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

Cass opens her mouth, as if to protest, but gives Electra a quick grin and a half-eyeroll.
    "There's water, sake, beer, and an open pinot gris in the refrigerator. Wine cellar's downstairs if you want something different. Electra may also note a well-stocked liquor cabinet, a shelf above the stove bearing a various tins of tea leaves and infusing herbs, and a rack of hanging wine glasses underneath a floating cupboard stacked with china.
    She sits on the couch, taking off her heels.
    "And snacks in the cupboard next to the fridge. Energy bars, that sort of thing. Microwave popcorn."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-08-23 at 11:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1335

NinjaGuy

Electra's worry softens and she smiles as Cass sits down, then bustles off, taking a moment to takes stock of the kitchen, before deciding on what to bring both of them. Tea? Coffee? Wine? She thinks for a moment while looking through the cupboards for a few things, pulling out two large coffee mugs and some baking supplies, before starting to measure some of them into the mugs. After a few minutes of prep, into the microwave they go, while she decides to pull down two of the wine glasses, and quickly jaunts down to the cellar for a bottle of dessert wine, before coming back up and pouring two glasses of it. Onto a tray they go, with a pair of forks, and a small bowl of whipped cream, right as the microwave signals it's done. She pulls both mugs out, and places them onto the tray, along with the bottle of sherry, before bringing the whole affair out. The smell of some sort of cake has started the permeate the area a bit, the source revealed when she places the tray on Cass' coffee table. The mugs are filled with chocolate cake, and the wine is obviously meant to compliment that, a sweet red wine that's been made from air-dried grapes. She smiles a bit sheepishly at Cass as she takes a seat next to the sorceress on the couch.

"I guess I got a little carried away, but I thought this might be nice."

16. - Top - End - #1336

Sagittarius Apartments

It's been a solid week and three days since Fettina last saw or heard from Cantata, but today is the day she makes her triumphant and slightly wobbly return, knocking proudly on Fettina's door with an ecstatic radiance and a hefty tome under her arm.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

While Electra's off on the other side of the room making food in the kitchen, Cass lounges patiently on the couch, peeling off and rolling up her gloves and then taking off the garter and stiletto at her thigh, placing them both of the coffee table. She peeks a couple of times curiously in the direction of the kitchen, especially once the smell of baked good starts to waft over, and also getting up briefly to check on Ptolemy and Alexander, who are both sleeping in their enclosure.

"This is... wow," she says, picking up one of the mugs and having a taste. "It's more than I expected, but it's good."

18. - Top - End - #1338

NinjaGuy

Electra's smile goes from sheepish to pleased as she takes up the other mug and starts in herself.

"I'm glad. Cooking for someone else always makes me a bit nervous that I've gotten the flavors right. I have an odd palate sometimes and it's gotten me into trouble on occasion," she says, with a slight blush. It's mug cake, Electra, dead simple, there's little way you could have screwed it up. Clearly, she's still got some of that nervousness going from earlier in the night, before work intervened. She takes a couple of bites of cake, and a sip of the wine, and glances at Cass for a moment, considering her next words, but not saying anything more just yet.

19. - Top - End - #1339

I didn't finish my thought before, meant to say "as stealthily as a master criminal can be while carrying lots of puppets."

Oliver climbs and checks behind him, in case somebody just witnessed him climb down with all of the puppets.
    Behind him, the bridge is quiet. He's home free.
    Well, the puppets saw him.
    But they're not telling anyone.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Cass nods, savoring another bite. While she had started off caring little for food herself, her own sense of taste had become very acute, and she'd quickly found herself becoming a very discriminating gourmet. Even the most refined palate could be easily pleased by chocolate cake, though.

We should cook for her sometime.

Cass gives another half nod, looking content, with her head slightly tilted as if recalling a distant memory.

21. - Top - End - #1341

NinjaGuy

Electra watches Cass for a moment, and takes a deep breath to steady her nerves.

"I wanted to ask you something earlier. I'm not really good at this, so I'm going to just put this out there." Another deep breath. "I like you a lot, Cass. I think we have some good chemistry...and I'd like to explore that. If you feel the same way, that is."

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Behind him, the bridge is quiet. He's home free.
    Well, the puppets saw him.
    But they're not telling anyone.
    Oliver half sneaks, half runs away from the base, heading toward the Black Dragon's Den. Hopefully the puppets and flash drive will be enough evidence to prove them either innocent or guilty.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sagittarius Apartments

It's been a solid week and three days since Fettina last saw or heard from Cantata, but today is the day she makes her triumphant and slightly wobbly return, knocking proudly on Fettina's door with an ecstatic radiance and a hefty tome under her arm.
    [Sagittarius Apartments]

Fettina answers. She's in a thin nightgown that only manages to reach her mid-thigh. She blinks when she sees Cantie. "Cantie, babe. I was trying to call!" She grins. "I was hoping you'd have some fun with Lydia, but this is ridiculous!"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

Electra watches Cass for a moment, and takes a deep breath to steady her nerves.

"I wanted to ask you something earlier. I'm not really good at this, so I'm going to just put this out there." Another deep breath. "I like you a lot, Cass. I think we have some good chemistry...and I'd like to explore that. If you feel the same way, that is."

Oh. Oh boy. Well this got complicated.

Cass freezes a moment, casting around for something to say.

Be honest.

"Well, I'm interested, but..." Cass begins, haltingly, her voice a little distant. She shakes her head. "I do like you," she says, a little more emphatically. "I didn't expect to at first, but I do. My life is just... complicated now. I... spoke to the commander of Vigil. The one who hired you to find me."

She shrugs, sheepishly, a nervous blush rising up her cheeks, and rubs her arms slightly, just above the elbow. At a careful glace, Electra may spot the ghost of a bruise, there, wrapping around her upper right arm.

"...Well, we did a little more than just speaking," she says, sounding... conflicted. An edge of uncertainty stabs across her face, as if she's questioning her own wisdom about what happened.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-09-02 at 07:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1345

NinjaGuy

Now it's Electra's turn to freeze, groping for words in the storm of emotions that's just erupted inside her. Her chest aches, and her head pounds, but she catches the flash of uncertainty that crosses Cass's face. Is that regret? Or is it something else? A voice calls out to her from her memories in the storm of emotions running through her head and her heart, a voice she hasn't heard in a very long time, a memory. Her eyes take on a far away look for a moment, before she blinks, and smiles gently. There's pain in her eyes, but....something about it makes it obvious that it isn't because of Cass.

"I-I see." She takes a deep breath. She doesn't want to ask the next question, but she needs to, one way or another. It isn't fair to her or to Cass if she doesn't. "How do you feel about him now?"

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

"I... I don't know. I have... memories that tell me I love him, but-" Cass cuts off, looking troubled. She'd done a bad job of explaining this to Wenomir, last time. "But I'm not really... her."

She flounders a bit, seeing the pain in Electra's eyes. What's the right thing to do here? She thinks she should reach out to her... would that be okay? She flexes her hand on her lap, casting about for the words to explain how she feels. "When I was with him... I think all he saw was the woman he thought I was. A dead woman."
    She pauses, anxiety and fear writ plain on her face. "And- is that who I am? T-these memories, they feel so... different. Like a dream." She had given into her worst impulses. She had destroyed everything she loved. She had killed her father. And they weren't her only memories. She'd had another dream, other loves... children, even. So many. But that dream belonged to someone still alive. She couldn't be him, obviously. That life was already occupied. Ongoing. But did that make her automatically the other? When she speaks again, she seems small, almost breathless. "For him, I wanted so badly to make the same choices she would have made, all over again. To be who he thinks I am."

27. - Top - End - #1347

NinjaGuy

Electra listens carefully, doing her best to keep the storm of emotions within her under control. She hadn't quite realized just how badly Cass' memories of her previous life had been affecting the sorceress. She slides a bit closer to Cass, and holds out her hand gently, haltingly.

"I think if you were her, you'd have gone back to her life, well before now. I probably shouldn't be telling you this, given my feelings, but...your perception of who he thinks you are, versus who you actually are, is probably right. I've only met him twice, but the first time, I got the very distinct impression of a man obsessed, and I don't think that's changed very much." She pauses. The pain in her eyes has subsided a little. "And...I only know you as Cassandra. I never met the person you were in your dream, your memories, I only know her from the reports and articles about her and VIGIL from before I arrived in the Nexus. I can't tell you who you are beyond the person I've met, the person I care about. I don't know how much I can help you reconcile between your memories and who you are now, but I'm willing to do what I can."

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

Cass squeezes Electra's hand, nodding. She looks to be relaxing a little - but it might be the contact that's helping, as much as the words.

After a moment, Cass gives out a noise that's halfway between a nervous laugh and a sob, brushing back tears with her hand.
    "Sorry, I'm... being too much," she says, giggling nervously. "Thanks for the cake. And the... everything else."

29. - Top - End - #1349

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Sagittarius Apartments]

Fettina answers. She's in a thin nightgown that only manages to reach her mid-thigh. She blinks when she sees Cantie. "Cantie, babe. I was trying to call!" She grins. "I was hoping you'd have some fun with Lydia, but this is ridiculous!"
    Cantata responds with a sheepish smile and glance away as she steps in, shifting the weighty tome under her arm to better type a response. I might’ve underestimated just how much she’d demand in return... and how long it would take to stop feeling sore all over, She admits with a blush.

Still, she pauses, retrieving a nicely-wrapped package from her coat, I do have something for you~
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

30. - Top - End - #1350

NinjaGuy

Electra smiles as the last of the pain leaves her eyes, squeezing Cass's hand for a moment, before pulling her in gently and wrapping her other arm around Cass, giving the sorceress a gentle, but warm hug.

"There's nothing to apologize for," she says with a blush, "And I'm glad you liked the cake."