New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Heroica [WIP]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Heroica [WIP]

By the decree of King Kevvan Colnea the Worthy, first of his name, the Culloden Historical Society does issue this

CONTINENTAL GUIDE TO HEROICA

to be used as a glossary, traveler's handbook and diplomatic guide of the Heroican continent and the kingdoms, empires, sovereigns and other notables therein.

Summer of 1336, Kinghill, Culloden

Map of Heroica:

As I have started using OneNote more and more in my designs, the entirety of Heroica is now available in .pdf format here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsuz2bqa6u481yn/Obsidian.pdf
    Last edited by The Boz; 2013-10-05 at 08:08 PM.
    MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

My PF Homebrew: Poisoner & Poisons, Fighter Fix, Monk 2.0, Wild Mage
    Campaign Setting: Heroica

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Heroica [WIP]

Massive update: pretty much done with the bulk of the work.
    MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The hand-drawn map is quite appealing. The style is simple but pleasing, and the land itself is also nice to look at. It has just enough distinct regions to give the world multiple layers of intrigue, but not so many locations that it gets overwhelming. Taking a look through the PDF, I appreciated the organized format of having one nation, language, or God on each page. Maybe you could transfer some of the basic information to Giant in the Playground while leaving the bulk of it on the PDF? That might help get more people involved in the setting. Just a suggestion. Nice work.
    "Life is short and we do not have much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us. So be quick to love, and make haste to be kind."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi Lemont View Post
    The hand-drawn map is quite appealing. The style is simple but pleasing, and the land itself is also nice to look at. It has just enough distinct regions to give the world multiple layers of intrigue, but not so many locations that it gets overwhelming.
    Hehehe, thank you. Yes, I am mostly pleased with how it turned out, the only thing I think I need to change is add some layers in photoshop for color, so that the lakes, rivers and deserts are more clearly visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi Lemont View Post
    Taking a look through the PDF, I appreciated the organized format of having one nation, language, or God on each page. Maybe you could transfer some of the basic information to Giant in the Playground while leaving the bulk of it on the PDF? That might help get more people involved in the setting. Just a suggestion. Nice work.
    I'd love to take credit for the PDF organization, but that's all OneNote saving as .pdf, it's how it automatically organizes the order of things.
    I noticed a few errors so I'll fix those first before making a new version. I love the dropbox functionality ensuring that the link always points to the newest version. After that, I'll probably put out some more descriptions into the OP.
    MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!