New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

Roxan panted, with her tongue out but was in good mood. Running away from dangers, and facing chill of winds were her routine so far, and she enjoyed it- the thrill and the excitment.

But she sneezed quite loudly. "AAAHHCHOOWOoOOF!"

She wiped her nose with her sleeve.
    "Let's do it again!"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Land of the 6 Kingdoms 2: Please Let This Be A Normal Interdimensional Field Trip

As Dawn Blossom ran back towards the Whinnylight, she began to succumb to the cold quicker than the others due to her small size. Eventually, she fell and had to be carried the rest of the way back by Pema, her hooves turning blue. She began to lose consciousness, but when she heard Clever Plan ask where Lily Blossom was.

"Big ... sis...." she mumbled. "She's ... still out there...."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Shakily, Mossy Log crawled into the kitchen, teeth chattering madly. She had perhaps overestimated her strength and tried to carry too much of the camp during the sprint back to the Whinnylight. It had left her entire body spent and deprived, hungry for nutrients and warmth.

The kitchen you all eventually filed into was a small chamber adjacent to a meeting and dining hall, below the living quarters and bridge. Simple, utilitarian cookware was stuffed in wooden cabinets along the walls, with the center of the room dominated by a large, flat-top metal stove. There was barely enough room for all of you to fit, and once Clever fed some charcoal bricks into the stove's belly, the atmosphere was comfortably warm. Water was set to boil in kettles for hot cocoa and tea.

"My name is Pema," the yak said, face still inscrutable behind a waterfall of hair. "This unnatural storm forced me away from my work. While returning home, I found this little Pony, and stayed with her to keep her safe until help came."

Pema glanced around and then leaned in to whisper to the adults in the room.

"I believe the storm took her sister." Clever fumbled pouring cocoa into a mug and splashed some on her hoof.

"Damn it!" she bit her lip.

Once Mossy warmed up a bit, she helped pass around mugs of steaming beverages. She paused when she came to Dawn Blossom, draped over Pema, passed out and blue-hooves.

"The filly looks worse for ware," she announced, worriedly. "I'm going to go grab a first aid kit."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan looking worried, getting up.
    'Hey. little pooony. Hang on!' she growled with a worry, and tried to look for a crystal with healing spell- those were quite rare, but she won't get cheap on a little filly!

Clever?

(4d3)[1][2][3][2](8)+0

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket hurryingly wrap the little filly in a warm blanket like in a cocoon. The implication of the dead of her sister had to wait until she was feeling better.

He look hopefully at Roxan...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-05-05 at 06:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Colossus in the Playground

I...*huff* we need to... *huff* Evanescent managed to stand up on wobbling legs Get her *huff* to a *huff* warm place. To the kitchen. She suggested, trotting towards the fallen pony before getting down and trying to remove any wet clothing she still wore.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom didn't resist when Nessy removed the numerous thick layers of sub-zero gear she was wearing, including the thick down jacket that was soaked through.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Roxan retrieved a crystal that pulsed with a pale pink light and pointed this stone at Dawn Blossom. The light poured out onto the filly who relaxed slightly in its glow, but went back to shivering when the magic had passed.

Mossy returned with the first aid kit and gently slipped a thermometer into Dawn's mouth. The instrument showed a worryingly low number.

"Frostbitten," the yak said, nose pointing at Dawn's blue hooves. "And maybe hypothermia. We must get her to a hospital."

"We're in the middle of the storm though," Clever said. "We'd need to clear the deck of snow, figure out some way to navigate, probably manually start the wings, overcharge the engine... Any ideas?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Thanks to the magic, Dawn Blossom is strong enough to speak, but not much else. Due to the hypothermia, she might be confused, suffer memory loss, or have slurred speech.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-05-08 at 08:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom woozily attempted to stand up, her legs shaking like jelly. She looked at the diamond dog who had used the healing crystal on her.

"D-Do you ... h-h-have ... a f-f-fire crystal?" she asked. "A b-b-big one?"
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-05-08 at 12:52 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Dawn Blossom woozily attempted to stand up, her legs shaking like jelly. She looked at the diamond dog who had used the healing crystal on her.

"D-Do you ... h-h-have ... a f-f-fire crystal?" she asked. "A b-b-big one?"
    Rocket try to give cocoa to Dawn: " Here, drink this. It will heat you up a little. "

he hold the cup for her and make her drink slowly if she accept. Rocket seem surprisingly gentle. He hold her against his side with his wing, providing a other layer of heat.

11. - Top - End - #221

No! Nessy put a hoof on Dawn's back to try to force her down, herself recovering from the exhaustion before. No standing! You'll disturb the frostbite and hurt yourself.

Can somepony help get her to the kitchen? We got to make sure she's somewhere warm and dry before we even think about getting this bird off the ground.
    She says this as she attempts to gently lift her towards said kitchen.

Forceful
    (4d3)[1][1][1][1](4)

However, it's unlikely she even has the physical strength to drag her.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-05-08 at 01:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Nessy, nessy, calm down. Here, hold her cocoa for me,"

Rocket try to lift her up on his back and use his wings to stabilize the little filly.

Forceful
    (4d3)[1][3][1][3](8) + 2

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Roxan folded her ears worried.
    'Poooor little poooony...' she whined.
    'I fear, I have no crystals for this case.. so I'll go clean the deck.' said and ran to the deck, starting to use her digging skills, to clean the deck.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

"I appreciate your eagerness," Mossy said, putting a hoof on Roxan. "You shouldn't attempt such a task alone. Besides, we still need to figure out the other parts of the plan before we dig out the Whinnylight. But, when that comes around, I'll gladly join you."

"This kitchen seems warm enough," the yak offered. "And we wouldn't have to move her further."

"Relax, don't move," Clever told Dawn. "What do you need the fire crystal for?"

Show
    There seems to be some misunderstanding, but you are all already in the kitchen. Sorry for the confusion.

15. - Top - End - #225

Nessy mumbled softly to herself. Though she did help with getting her soaked clothes off, she felt weak and useless, having Rocket take over, while she's relegated to drink-holding duty. Then something occurred to her. That smell, that sweet, wonderful scent called out to Evanescent. Gazing down, she beheld the source, it wasn't just a drink, it was hot chocolate. Almost immediately, a craving overcame her, some primal urge she couldn't understand or explain. Chocolate. She must have chocolate, she NEEDED chocolate. She needed to inbibe in this holy chocolatey ambrosia.

But it wasn't hers, it wasn't right to take that which wasn't meant for them. It...

It was easier to apologize then not to do something, she supposed. Quickly, she tipped the cup up and began to drink, what ever doubts or reservation she had as the creamy, rich flavor danced across her tongue. The craving was satisifed. Very satisfied, indeed.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "Relax, don't move," Clever told Dawn. "What do you need the fire crystal for?"
    "Wrap the ... crystal ... in ... something. Non-conductiiiive." Dawn shivered. "L-Leave the bottom t-t-tip exp-p-posed. T-Take it to ... the ... um, wind shield ... thing. O-O-ACHOO! Open the ... the ... wind ... crystal ... rack thing. Replace ... the last crystal...."

She reached up to grab the cocoa, then gave Nessy a "Really? Really?" look when she chugged it.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-05-08 at 09:38 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmm... fire crystal fire crystal..." Roxan hummed as she searched over collection.

Careful
    (4d3)[3][1][3][2](9)+2

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket realize Nessy drank the cocoa, frown and shake his head: " I'll get you a other one Dawn, don't worry. "

Rocket go do just that. He wasnt trhe most... technical of mind anyway.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-05-12 at 01:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

After a good deal of rummaging, Roxan pulled from her pack a sliver of red crystal, sizzling with power. When Nessy looked up form her mug of rich, sweet heaven, she saw a circle of disappointing glares boring into her.

"Well, I will be flying the ship," Clever mentioned. "Nessy, maybe you could modify the wind shield using Dawn's instructions?"

"Yes, you are quite a bright Pony," Mossy said with a smile. "If somewhat addicted to chocolate."

Soon, Rocket passed over a replacement mug of cocoa to Dawn.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn hurriedly accepted the chocolate and gulped it down, the cocoa warming her from the inside just enough to be a relief.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #231

Erhm... Evanescent felt bad, not intended anything malicious but fully aware of her actions and the displeased glares. She shuffled her forelegs nervously, looking away. Sorry. She apologized to Dawn.

She then went to make the adjustments suggested to the shield.

Careful, using Scholar aspect for +2
    (4d3)[1][1][2][1](5) +1
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-05-12 at 08:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

'So... what now?' Roxan has asked

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket take control of the wheel: " I'll move the wings so that the wind of the storm actually help us take off! "

He was trying to drive this thing in a way the windshield would have to focus on the ground below them. Rising it from the ground even a little would definitly help!
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-05-12 at 11:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Nessy carefully wrapped the crystal in a thin cloth with Roxan double checking her work. While they took it to the engine room, Rocket, Mossy and Clever returned to the bridge, with Pema remaining in the kitchen to tend to Dawn.

Though the halls of the Whinnylight were growing chilly, the engine room was comfortably warm. The chamber was dominated by a tall silvery cylinder covered in dials and tubes which sprawled out in all directions. Through a viewing port, you saw a vigorous green flame blazing in the strange engine. A powerful humming filled the air, not unlike a heartbeat. Installed in the wall was a metal box labeled Wind Shield Control. Taking off the front panel, you saw the racks of crystals which Dawn had described, all wired together with golden filigree. Gently, you removed the last one and slid in its crackling red replacement.

On the bridge, all the portholes and the front window were entirely frosted over. You could see nothing, but still hear the storm outside relentlessly battering the ship's hull. The levers at the bridge's console were stiff and resisted Rocket's efforts. But with a great, measured heave, he was able to unfurl the wings and turn them against the gale. It was a fine line between catching the wind, and snapping off the wings. With everything in place, Clever Plan activated the wind shield.

A tremor ran through the whole ship. Everyone felt the air get noticeably hotter for a few moments. Rattling noises erupted form the Wind Shield Control box as sparks of magical energy leaped around the engine room. The engine roared, flame growing in intensity.

There was an explosion and the Whinnylight lurched into the air. You saw outside the snow which had been covering the ship melt away in an enormous column of vapor. Ice that fell through the air turned to rain as it grew near to the Whinnylight. The wind screamed, as if the storm itself was being burned.

Snatching the wheel, Clever sent the Whinnylight skyward. The ride was a bumpy one as errant gusts slammed into the craft. Abruptly, a herd of vaguely equine forms of vapor and frost appeared ahead of you. They charged in an ethereal gallop, only to be thrown aside by the shell of searing air. Furious howls echoed through the storm as you burned through a wall of clouds, and left the tempest behind.

You landed in Vanhoover, the northern most city of the Kingdom of Magic. The locals showed no small amount of interest in the Whinnylight, and bombarded you with questions until it became apparent Dawn needed medical attention. She was rushed to the local clinic, leaving you to contend with the crowds or rest your cold and weary frames. Shortly after Dawn was taken care of, Pema thanked you for getting her out of the Frozen North, and then quietly left town.

Clever stayed with the ship, answering questions and warding interested fillies away from the engine room. She wore a smile, though pranced anxiously or adjusted her Harmony Fleet pin whenever not talking with somepony. After leaving the Frozen North, she had not said much to the rest of the crew.

Mossy had spent the flight to Vanhoover vigorously cheering the success of Dawn's plan, passing hugs around the whole crew. Once they landed she followed Dawn to the hospital, wished her well, and then retreated to the crew's quarters of the ship. In her room, she greeted Venderbright, mixed him his honey, and, fell back onto her bed to close her eyes. A strange admixture of fear, eagerness, discomfort, and confidence swirled in her. Eventually, she left to see if any of the rest of the crew wanted to talk.

Show
    Feel free to describe how you handle the interested Ponies, or recuperate after the mission. Hawk, you could also describe Dawn's experience at the hospital.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket organisez a press conference, saying the first mission of the Whinylight was a partial success. He tell tells of strange Windigos creature and heroic tell on how he sprung into action and defeated one of them with a single blow. He also point out he wouldn't have being able to deeat them so quickly without the assistance of his crew.

He do a few autographs for the people who want them and even bring a eager mare in his room...

But once the activities around the ship died down, he went to the hospital to check on Dawn. She must have being full of grief with her sister having more chance to be dead then alive.

He bring dawn a box of chocolate as well as a gift box and a get well soon card... He put the card near her bed seeing as she was sleeping and decided to wait until she woke up. He was reading a book about flying maneouver for ships and their mechanics, eager to be more skilled as a pilot. He almost pushed the Whinylight too far he thought and was eager to learn...

26. - Top - End - #236

Perhaps in another time and place, Evanescent might have found Vanhoover to be everything she could have wanted, a place of harmony where two radically different cultures coexisted, separated by the earth, but their fates intermingled with each other, and that of Equestria. What set of circumstances lead to that were beyond what Evanescent could conceive, and what ever might have been possible, for all intents and purposes, was nothing more than a faint echo of another world. For the time being there is no separation. No secretive but benevolent underground hives built atop the ruins of a megalomaniac's great conceit. Just Vanhoover.

Evanescent alternated between the hospital, to keep Dawn company, and the ship. Sometimes she would take walks around the town to clear her mind, having survived a near-death experience on her first day, but a part of her was excited for what lay ahead.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Clever joined Rocket for the press conference, helping to answer the various questions which sprung up. How did the Whinnylight fly? That was classified (and not something Clever even knew in detail). Would the filly they rescued be OK? Of course, she assured. What was that horned creature? A dark spirit according to the yak, some vile thing of the Frozen North.

With the rest of the crew understandably sorting through their own thoughts, Mossy strolled through town. She ended up gravitating towards a park, hooves getting wonderfully dirty in the loamy soil. Each new step felt relaxing, if a little cold. On a whim, she climbed a hill and gazed out at the sea of trees which choked the horizon. There was the smell of the Expanse on the wind.

Late in the evening, after the crew was treated to a meal at the restaurant's expense and Rocket's eager mare pranced home, the hospital contacted the crew. Dawn Blossom had made a full recovery, excepting some rather sore hooves, and was ready to go home. You all ascended into the Whinnylight and headed for the crew's quarters. Once Dawn was put to bed, Clever called you into meeting.

"There is a rather unfortunate matter we have to discuss," Clever said, biting her lip and stepping in place. She had placed the one extra Harmony Fleet pin on the table. "We had come on this mission to find her sister. Without Lily Blossom, we are short on hooves and mechanical expertise. It would also be a long while until the Fleet could supply a replacement. The paperwork is nightmarish. So... what should we do in the interim? And... how do we tell Dawn?"

Show
    Hawk, feel free to have Dawn overhear this and get out of bed. Young ones are light sleepers.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Rocket sigh: " Waiting for the next replacement is secondary in nature compared to what we should do about Dawn. The poor filly have nowhere to go. Clever, I'm a bit disappointed you haven't made this your priority in that intro of yours. In fact, I think we should consider what we did right and what we did wrong in our last mission. Learning from our mistake and all that and be honest with each other. But first, let's not get sidetracked and let's focus on Dawn. She doesn't have other relative? Do we really have to put her in a orphenage? I would rather not to be honest unless their is no other choices..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's TEST Dawn first. I would love for her to prove she have what it takes to be the ship mecanics since she didnt apply normally for the job. Beside, considering the situation, it could be that she doesnt want to be put in a orphenage and could be lying to give herself time, right?

29. - Top - End - #239

Well, I mean... Evanescent looks away, unsure of how to put this. Is there more we could have done? I-I don't want to sound callous, but...we saw hair no hide of her, and we had the...emnity, you could say, of a...thing that can control the weather. We could have done more in our search. That is to say, start a search, at all. But we barely made it out as it is, I think, and that's PLUS Pema.

As for what to do-excuse me. How...how we explain the situation to Dawn, er...I don't know. But...she'll need to know all the facts. So she can make a decision. It may even take a few weeks before she's well enough to make an informed decision, but...she should be the first pony we ask, as to 'what to do' with her.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    But once the activities around the ship died down, he went to the hospital to check on Dawn. She must have being full of grief with her sister having more chance to be dead then alive.

He bring dawn a box of chocolate as well as a gift box and a get well soon card... He put the card near her bed seeing as she was sleeping and decided to wait until she woke up. He was reading a book about flying maneouver for ships and their mechanics, eager to be more skilled as a pilot. He almost pushed the Whinylight too far he thought and was eager to learn...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Evanescent alternated between the hospital, to keep Dawn company, and the ship. Sometimes she would take walks around the town to clear her mind, having survived a near-death experience on her first day, but a part of her was excited for what lay ahead.
    Dawn Blossom was asleep for most of her stay in the hospital. What she had just been through would be a long, exhausting ordeal for a fully-grown pony, and she was just a foal. The times that she was awake, she pretended to be asleep, sometimes crying, sometimes just thinking. She kept flashing back to the last thing she'd said to Pema....

As the ship flew away from the Frozen North, Dawn had been looked after by Pema. Much of the time she'd spent drifting in and out of consciousness, but as the ship was approaching Vanhoover, she'd gathered enough energy to ask the yak a question.

"....Pema?" she'd said. "You ... must have come from somewhere, right? Some sort of village? Do ... do you think my sister could have made it there? That ... maybe even now, she's safe there?"

Dawn could barely remember Pema's response, but she supposed it didn't matter. Whatever the answer was, she knew there was a chance, however slim it may be. And one day, she would return there to find out for herself.

She knew what she had to do.

------

It was late, and Dawn had been put to bed aboard the Whinnylight. However, though her mind was exhausted, her body refused to cooperate. She'd slept through most of the day in the hospital, so she just couldn't fall asleep. Furthermore, her hooves still tingled, practically begging her to get up and walk on them to relieve the sensation. So she rolled out of bed and crept out of her room, pausing when she heard voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    "There is a rather unfortunate matter we have to discuss," Clever said, biting her lip and stepping in place. She had placed the one extra Harmony Fleet pin on the table. "We had come on this mission to find her sister. Without Lily Blossom, we are short on hooves and mechanical expertise. It would also be a long while until the Fleet could supply a replacement. The paperwork is nightmarish. So... what should we do in the interim? And... how do we tell Dawn?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Rocket sigh: " Waiting for the next replacement is secondary in nature compared to what we should do about Dawn. The poor filly have nowhere to go. Clever, I'm a bit disappointed you haven't made this your priority in that intro of yours. In fact, I think we should consider what we did right and what we did wrong in our last mission. Learning from our mistake and all that and be honest with each other. But first, let's not get sidetracked and let's focus on Dawn. She doesn't have other relative? Do we really have to put her in a orphenage? I would rather not to be honest unless their is no other choices..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's TEST Dawn first. I would love for her to prove she have what it takes to be the ship mecanics since she didnt apply normally for the job. Beside, considering the situation, it could be that she doesnt want to be put in a orphenage and could be lying to give herself time, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    As for what to do-excuse me. How...how we explain the situation to Dawn, er...I don't know. But...she'll need to know all the facts. So she can make a decision. It may even take a few weeks before she's well enough to make an informed decision, but...she should be the first pony we ask, as to 'what to do' with her.
    Dawn stepped forward from the shadows, revealing her presence.

"I already know what I'm going to do," she said. "I'm going to take Lily's place as the ship's mechanic."

Show
    Could do, but didn't Dawn already prove herself with modifying the wind shield to get the ship out of there before everyone froze to death?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show