New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple WW

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Apple WW

Apple WW

Another half-assed Werewolf game by Internet Flea!
    Co-Narrated by Logic!

Spoiler: Rules
    Show
    Scry Interference: if two players scry the same target with the same type of scry in the same night, they both receive Interference as their result.

PMs are allowed, as long as the Narrator sees them.

Paraphrasing the narrator is allowed, quoting the narrator is not (neither is pretending to quote the narrator.)

If there is a tie for the lynch, whoever reached the number first is killed.

48 hour days, 24 hour nights.

Please cross out old votes if you want to change them. If you have more than one uncrossed vote in the Day, I'll apply whichever one I find funnier.

Spoiler: Good Apple Power Roles
    Show
    Apple of the Eye (Seer): His gaze is powerful, and sees things beyond the sight of ordinary apples. Things like... hygiene.
    Once per night, he can scry a player and determine if they are a Good Apple, Bad Apple, or No Apple At All. Scries The Sauced as The Sauced. Causes scry interference with The Sauced and the Purple Apple. Wins only if all Bad Apples are eliminated.

The Sauced (Fool): His gaze is powerful, and sees things beyond the sight of ordinary apples. If only those things were real…
    Is told they are The Apple of the Eye. Once per night, he can scry a player and is randomly told that they are a Good Apple, Bad Apple, or No Apple At All. Scries The Apple of the Eye as The Sauced. Causes scry interference with the Apple of the Eye and the Purple Apple. Wins as an ordinary Apple would.

Pineapple (Baner): Heavy, sharp and bitter, she’s not going to let those Bad Apples push her around. She uses her lack of pushability to protect her fellow Apples. Once per night, she can choose a player to protect, including herself; attacks against that target fail. If the Pineapple succeeds in blocking a kill, she will be voided the next night. Wins as an ordinary Apple would.

Apple Corps (Masons): An elite squad of fighting apples, they’ve known each other long enough to trust one another with their lives. Composed of a Red Apple, a Green Apple and a Yellow Apple. Start in contact with each other. Wins if all of them are alive at the end of the game, or as an ordinary apple would if one or more of them are killed.

Every Apple in the game also has a color, with the exception of the Crab Apple. All roles have their color's scry power. Unless otherwise stated, all roles have their color's win condition.

Spoiler: Colors
    Show
    Red: Your every day apple. Can scry to find Green Apples during the night, subject to Scry Interference. Wins if Red Apples outnumber Green Apples at the end of the game (if they are tied with the number of Green Apples, they lose).

Green: Your every-other-day apple. Can scry to find Yellow Apples, subject to Scry Interference. Wins if Green Apples outnumber Yellow Apples at the end of the game (if they are tied with the number of Yellow Apples, they lose).

Yellow: Your other every-other-day apple. Can scry to find Red Apples, subject to Scry Interference with other color scries. Wins if Yellow Apples outnumber Red Apples at the end of the game (if they are tied with the number of Red Apples, they lose).

Spoiler: Bad Apples
    Show
    The Crab Apple: The baddest of the bad. Can choose in the night to scry as any color they wish, but do not count as any color for victory purposes. Ignores one lynch vote for every other Bad Apple still alive. Wins if all the Good Apples are eliminated.

The Purple Apple: Its looks having faded lost long ago, it has grown skilled at recognizing when someone is staring at it. Is informed who scries them and with what kind of scry. In the night, can scry to see if an apple is the Apple of the Eye or the Sauced. Scry Interference with the Apple of the Eye or the Sauced. Despite being purple, it still hints at its original color, and wins if all Good Apples of the other two colors are eliminated.

Bad Apples: Once good apples, now rotten to the core. They can come in any color combination. Win if all the Good Apples of both other colors are eliminated. (Bad Red Apples win if all Good Green Apples and all Good Yellow Apples are eliminated, for example.)

Spoiler: Potentially Game-Breaking Neutrals
    Show
    Agent Orange: An outsider, their mission is secret, their methods unknown. Wins if their goal is met. Does not scry as any apple color.

Dr. Macintosh: An apple a day keeps the Doctor at bay. He aims to end that. Does not scry as any apple color.

If all Good Apples or all Bad Apples are eliminated, the game ends. Not everyone can win, but wins are inclusive, so you don't have to worry about fulfilling your win condition faster than someone else.

Players:

1. firedaemon33 Killed Night 6
    2. Ramsus Haruki-Kun Askthepizzaguy (replacement Day 3)
    3. Tanar Aerdoth Lynched Day 2
    4. Duck999 Lynched Day 1
    5. Rain Dragon Killed Night 4
    6. Fleeing Coward Killed Night 3
    7. Vwulf DeMarcus
    8. AvatarVecna lynched Day 5
    9. Legato Endless Killed Night 2
    10. ThePhantom Killed Night 5
    11. Penguinator lynched Day 6
    12. Sprig
    13. Aventine Lynched Day 3
    14. braveheart lynched Day 4
    15. Count Dingdong Killed Night 1
    16. sphazre
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2015-01-06 at 10:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Apple WW

Sure, I'll join.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Seems fun. Why not.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

As I said I would, I am in.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm in. Seems like fun.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

In!
    Are vanillagers called apples? Just plain old apples.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd also like to play if I may.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    In!
    Are vanillagers called apples? Just plain old apples.
    Vanilla apples are Good Red Apples, Good Green Apples or Good Yellow Apples. Vanilla wolves are Bad Red Apples, Bad Green Apples or Bad Yellow Apples. Red, Green, and Yellow are their own teams.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

What if I prefer to be an orange?
    In.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    What if I prefer to be an orange?
    In.
    There's a 1-in-Players chance of that.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was expecting this to be something completely different. In.

like, the apple company. with roles like "steve jobs" and "steve wozniak".

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think this is going to be fun. In!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in; this could be fun.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm in; this could be fun.
    Hey Vecna. Nice seeing a new player in the current drought this forum's been going though.

Obviously, I'm in.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll be in.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'll play.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Pineapple!
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-11-21 at 11:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Were I not Co-narrating this with Flea, I would totally be in. But as it is, I know too much to participate in anything other than a narration role.

But we still need more players!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I will play

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

count me in
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I think I should have the time to join, and this does look fun. Count me in!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright, looks like I might have to tweak some things for the number of players. Game starts on the 7th, recruitment is still open until the 5th.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Issit still the 5th? In.
    Was hap_hazard. Hello.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

With sphazre joining, that's 18 players, assuming nobody dropped out.

I'll give everyone until Monday the 8th to confirm they still want to play, then assign roles and start the game either the 9th or the 10th, or earlier if everyone confirms before then.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Waiting for AvatarVecna, Nonayer and Haruki-kun to confirm they're still playing; if I don't hear from them by the end of today I'll assume they aren't.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

I've responded via the QuickTopic thing...I think. I've never used that site before, so I might have done something wrong.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2014-12-09 at 04:26 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

It worked, AvatarVecna. I've heard from everyone except Nonayer and Haruki-kun, so I'm dropping them, leaving 16 players. I'll get roles out by early tomorrow, unless Logic wants to do it earlier.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2014-12-09 at 04:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

In the dimness of the early morning, a traveler approached, his many feet plodding heavily toward the bowl of apples. The apples gathered in expectation; they knew this traveler, the Changeling of Many Feet. He approached, pulling himself up as he spoke.

I come to you with terrible news, he spoke, gravely looking over the apples in attendance, who began chattering among themselves immediately.

What's he talking about?
    Can we trust him?
    Oh, what is it this time?

The traveler spoke again. A ruinous element lives among you, and will destroy you all if left unchecked.

Sure there are.
    I've noticed nothing of the sort.
    Is this like the time he said the Bowl was breaking?

An evil grows like rot within your city, and you must wipe it out, before all hope is lost!

Bad elements? You mean the Greens?
    I knew those Yellows were no good!
    And to think, if not for his message those Reds would have gotten away with it!

That's not...

Kill the Reds!
    Kill the Yellows!
    Kill the Greens!

"Wait-"

A familiar booming cut off the Traveler as the Apples turned to look upward.

The Maw.
    THE MAW!
    ...the Maw.

The Maw opened, and a voice boomed outward. "Again? How do these things keep getting in here?" A massive hand grabbed hold of the Traveler, lifting him high above the counter. Then the Maw turned, and left, the voice booming out behind him. "And they always go straight for the fruit..."

The apples were left alone once more, with the traveler's prophecy and their own suspicions.

...This is going to make things hard for us.
    On the contrary; it's going to make things fun.

Internet Flea was taken by the Maw. He was the Crazed Caterpillar and the Narrator.
    Logic was there too.

Day 1 begins now and ends in 48 hours.

...I offer no apologies for your eyes.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2014-12-10 at 01:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I'll get the ball rolling.

Vwulf for not having an avatar picture.
    Last edited by Legato Endless; 2014-12-10 at 05:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground

sphazre for top secret reasons.
    Last edited by Tris; 2014-12-10 at 04:55 PM.