New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Afterlife

1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Afterlife

I'm here. The tie is a die toss (or whatever). And the original D1 start post was at 12:18, so should be done now, but we'll see.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Apogee, then. I suppose.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #123

alright switch me back to apogee1 then.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so

Rogue_Alchemist was the leading wagon until he got a lot of towncred, then things pivoted to Snowblaze because... I'm not clear on that one, and now both of those wagons are teaming up to get Apogee killed because of
    Apogee hasn't said much of anything: a sorta random vote on Snow (where it has been all day) and a post believing that gac is the medium. To me, this reads as someone who is happy with how the Day is going and doesn't want to rock the boat (bonus points for the most likely lynches being townreads to me).
    Am I caught up?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

This is it. I'm probably just going to go now, save battery and sanity. See you on the other side, and thanks rogue regardless of what happens.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    No, wait. Better idea. How about you self-vote, and I stay on Apogee? That way if no-one switches it goes to RNG, and whichever of us dies the other is 100% clear (since a wolf would try and switch last second).

Down for that?
    A wolf would definitely take a 50% chance of being full cleared and 50% chance of dying. Just saying.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thank you so much, Murska! That makes Apogee lead wagon. So - no, I'm not going to say "it's okay" because that would be tempting fate.

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    A wolf would definitely take a 50% chance of being full cleared and 50% chance of dying. Just saying.
    that's true, but a wolf could also easily switch last minute and screw over the town person to survive if they thought it was worth it for the night.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Post Re: Afterlife

I don't quite get the case against Snow but hey I'm always down to kill the quiet. Apogee1.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post

In my defence I'm kind of panicking and probably not thinking straight rn.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't quite get the case against Snow but hey I'm always down to kill the quiet. Apogee1.
    Thank you!

If Apogee flips wolf this will be just the best moment ever.

If he flips town... oops?

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #131

Snow, probably best for you to take your own advice and just shut it down for a bit and come back when you are more clear.

Xi, yea the "case" against Snow was dumb is just people who voted "randomly" or dumbly early on and never switched, which I wasn't happy with.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

In that case FoS Aventine.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Snow, probably best for you to take your own advice and just shut it down for a bit and come back when you are more clear.

Xi, yea the "case" against Snow was dumb is just people who voted "randomly" or dumbly early on and never switched, which I wasn't happy with.
    Yeah, I will. Thanks.

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #134

I kind of feel bad for AV having to come back and read through a lot of rapid vote change here at the end and make sure everything checks out good. For those who switched, make sure you go back and cross out your old votes.

- - - Updated - - -

well now I am just really confused. Maybe AV got busy like in the last game and can't end day right on time. But at least going forward we will have a more exactly plan.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to play my "get out of death free" card and use it to summon another vote or two on Apogee.

gac3, I know you don't have much of a reason to help me out, but *puppy eyes* can you vote Apogee please?

I'm not going to vote rogue_alchemist unless I'm sure it's the only way for me to live.

My legacy if I do die is that rogue_alchemist/bladescape/Caoimhin are all town, Aventine is likely town, and don't let anyone get away with flying under the radar.

Not certain how available I'll be from here on out. Good luck, everyone.
    Haha that's funny. I totally unseriously told you there were seven hours left. Also I thought day was over? Sure. Apogee1

I cannot wait to find out what the secret town win con is.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show
    Aventine: Book Wombat, bladescape
    Snowblaze: Supagoof, Apogee1, Aventine
    rogue_alchemist: Batcathat
    Apogee1: Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape, Murska, rogue_alchemist, Xihirli, gac3
    No Vote: EmmyNecromancer

End Of Day One

One person gained the ire of most of the haunting spirits, and the investigators were set upon them. An exorcism was performed, forcing them to move on to wherever they were destined for...and a big pit opened in the floor beneath them. Hands dragged them down into the fiery depths no matter how hard they struggled. As soon as they had cleared the opening of the pit, it closed up, and everything was silent once more.

Apogee1 has been lynched. They were the Psychic Polterguist.

You are the Psychic Polterguist. Your win condition is the elimination of all non-Polterguists except the Medium, whose status does not affect your victory one way or the other.

Every night, you may target two players who have not been eliminated from the game. You may select yourself as one of the targets, if you wish. I will create a conversation QT named "Afterlife: [target 1] / [target 2]", and privately post a link to that QT in the personal QTs of target 1, target 2, and you. You are allowed to talk in this QTs, if you wish. If the two targets already have a conversation QT between them, your power fails.
    (Yes, I know Polterguists is misspelled. I screwed it up initially so now I'm just maintaining it for accuracy to what I've told people in their QTs. >.<)

Night One Ends In ~24 Hours

- - - Updated - - -

Night talking is legal.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that's a surprise. I guess good news? Also... Poltergeist... I thought the town was dead and the wolves were like... Ghost busters or something...

Also... Someone else with my power... Maybe I shouldn't have been as confident in the beginning that I was a medium. I have confirmed it now but dang... I hope there aren't a lot with my power. It'll make my job harder.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Well that's a surprise. I guess good news? Also... Poltergeist... I thought the town was dead and the wolves were like... Ghost busters or something...

Also... Someone else with my power... Maybe I shouldn't have been as confident in the beginning that I was a medium. I have confirmed it now but dang... I hope there aren't a lot with my power. It'll make my job harder.
    Clarifying the setup: everybody is dead except the medium, and possibly some other unspecified roles. All the dead people are lingering, including the saboteurs who blew everybody up. Y'all are working to influence the people investigating the explosion, which includes a group of ghostbusters/exorcists who do all the kills.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Clarifying the setup: everybody is dead except the medium, and possibly some other unspecified roles. All the dead people are lingering, including the saboteurs who blew everybody up. Y'all are working to influence the people investigating the explosion, which includes a group of ghostbusters/exorcists who do all the kills.
    Ah that does make sense. Sorry. My head's not been right recently.
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-08-12 at 03:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

:D

Still slightly in disbelief that we managed to catch a wolf after the mess that was most of the day. But it worked. It actually worked.

Anyway, I guess we should talk about gac3's targets, I kind of forgot about that after those last few hours. I'd recommend picking whichever two of the Apogee wagon you think are least likely to be nightkilled.

Thoughts to follow day two if I'm not killed by the wolves now I've used my Get Out of Death Free card. And I won't be phone posting any more!

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

:D

Still slightly in disbelief that we managed to catch a wolf after the mess that was most of the day. But it worked. It actually worked.

Anyway, I guess we should talk about gac3's targets, I kind of forgot about that after those last few hours. I'd recommend picking whichever two of the Apogee wagon you think are least likely to be nightkilled.

Thoughts to follow day two if I'm not killed by the wolves now I've used my Get Out of Death Free card. And I won't be phone posting any more!
    I have a logic for how I chose who I chose. I mean I can change but I want people to know I have a logic. That said, I am not sure I should share the logic yet.

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Apogee1 (3):CaoimhinTheCape, rogue_alchemist, Snowblaze
    Snowblaze (4):Aventine, Murska, Apogee1, Supagoof
    Aventine (2): bladescape, Bookwombat
    rogue_alchemist (3):Batcathat, gac3, Xihirli

not voting: EmmyNecromancer

time left about 1 hour.

blade, you've been pretty active, how about joining me on the Apogee train (or wagon)? I really don't like that Murska Apogee1 and Supagoof all voted and haven't moved or said much and just bussed Snow pretty much the whole time. gac or Xi, if you get back on feel free to update your votes off of me to at least save Snow, if not to actively lynch Apogee1.

Snow don't feel bad for voting me. If you do, I'll join you and make sure it is not a tie that has to be resolved, as you seem more valuable than me at this point.
    Just so you know, this message was at 2:39am.

Unfortunately I'm never going to be around for eod because I have a sleep schedule =P

That being said well done! I want to say this validates my tr on Snow
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ok, based on what AvatarVecna said, Poltergeists are like the wolves, and Ghosts, like me, are like the town.
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2 is currently recruiting.
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2021 @7:43 AM

24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Ok, based on what AvatarVecna said, Poltergeists are like the wolves, and Ghosts, like me, are like the town.
    I somehow feel the "like me" part is a bit suspicious.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-08-13 at 12:48 PM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Emmy, can you explain your weird first post??

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Night One Ends

The ruins seem spookier at night. It seems the exorcists agree, because they jump the gun on their next target much more quickly than before.

rogue_alchemist was killed. They were a Ghost.

You are a Ghost. Your win condition is the elimination of all non-Ghosts except the Medium, whose status does not affect your victory one way or the other.
    Day 2 Ends In ~48 Hours

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

EmmyNecromancer is being so odd.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Rest in piece, rogue. I was kind of expecting to die myself. (Also that now ruins the win-con gambit he suggested. Never mind, we’re in a pretty good position anyway.)

gac3, could you claim who you created a QT between?

I have some vague thoughts, but since I’m probably the clearest person alive it’s probably counterproductive to state them straight away. So instead, I give you questions! Open to anyone, but particularly those who didn’t vote Apogee yesterday.

- do you think Apogee was bussed? Why/why not? If so, by who?
    - what are your reads on bladescape and Aventine, and why?
    - if you had to pick one town and one wolf in Batcathat/Book Wombat/Emmy/Supagoof, which would you choose and why?

And yeah, Emmy, you really need to explain the Medium thing at this point. (I actually have a theory about that, but it’s kind of reachy and I’d rather wait to see what she says.)

I’ll probably go through Apogee interactions tomorrow, but I don’t think we’re likely to get much on those who didn’t vote him with his being quiet and the wagon being rather last-minute.

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Hopefully someone has something more solid to go on but for now I agree that EmmyNecromancer at least has some explaining to do.

In addition to her weird first post and her very "Oh, by the way I'm totally Town" second post, didn't Emmy claim very early in the last couple of games? Not doing it this game doesn't mean anything on it's own but it seems worth pointing out.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Between the weird first post and the second post being all "btw, I'm totally a ghost" Emmy is hella suspicious. Plus she is on my list of kill or target. Granted nearly everyone is so that's kind of a meaningless metric.

I will announce who I made the QT with. I don't know if there is a reason not to right this moment but I'm going to give the people in question a chance to give me one. So I'll get back to you once they check in.

So looks like only one night kill. Good news for town and wolves. Meh news for me.

I had more thoughts but my brain isn't cooperating so idk.

- - - Updated - - -

- do you think Apogee was bussed? Why/why not? If so, by who?
    - what are your reads on bladescape and Aventine, and why?
    - if you had to pick one town and one wolf in Batcathat/Book Wombat/Emmy/Supagoof, which would you choose and why?
    I don't think so but man it would be wild if it was true.

I read Bladescape as town, unless he bused. In which case epic wolf move. Aventine idk.

Book Wombat maybe? Gut instinct?

---

Also there is probably a town QT making person since there was a wolf one.