New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP #31: Cuddles Are On Back Order. Have Some Snuggles!

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Woe! Alas! They have come!

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

*laughs evilly*

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    More importantly, who gets their eyebrows ripped out by their children and doesn't immediately send them off to the most miserible, Dickensian orphanage imaginable?
    That is a good question.

Also, define "pull off" the ,amgic marker look? Because if it is a step up, I know this one lady, with water colors... It ain't workin', hon. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I think you just kind of let it do its thing. Wash and condition, keep it neat, trim it a little bit periodically for dead ends or whatever, but the biggest thing is to avoid haircuts.
    Legit!

A guidebook to curly hair notes that it requires different maintnenance. For one, brushing all the time? Bad. run your fingers through, thats really all you need to keep knots from forming.

The sebum on your scalp is good and bad. it is good for your hair but when it clumps with skin and dirt it's bad and blocks yourpores. The book sugests getting your air wet, taking about a quarter-sized glob of conditioner, and using it strictly as a;lubricant to massage the scalp with, starting at the temples and moving back over the top of the head, to loosen the gunk and rinse it out. Then condition; Shampoo doens't really do anything good for your hair at all.

Also, don't pull it too tight all the time. Tying it back witha riboon or a piece of leather twine works rather well. Not spo proessional looking, but better for hte hair in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Keeping in mind my hair is less than an inch long, so doubling its length is not difficult. Maybe it simply irritates me and grows at a normal rate...

I eat a ton because of high metabolism and the desire to gain weight. Umm, a lot of fruit, veg, chicken, red meat and fish. I also eat rice quite frequently and sometimes sandwiches (but not often. Not fond of most sandwiches.) It sounds to me like a usual set of food that most anyone eats though. Well, I guess I don't eat a lot of fast food but that's because I'm not fond of it. Maybe my hair growth is genetic?

Oh yeah, I eat eggs every day because our extended family have chickens. A lot of us live on farms (alas, I no longer live on anything resembling a farm. It's odd being 20min walk from the shops).
    PS. Engrossed in SC2 atm. Zerg has been my race of choice for over ten years!
    Good diet is 90% "don't eat bad stuff" and only 10% "don't skimp on good stuff" I found out. Wish I knew that sooner, personally, bu the idea of getting plenty of vitamins and such because you eat EVERYTHING works great when you're young. Not so much aftr 2.5 decades or more. Just a heads up...

Although eating more, and eating often, leads toi a higher metabolism so it's a really gnarly problem to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Also good for hair: Beer! It's an excellent reason to drink beer.

On antoher hairy note: Vikings are always depucted with lots of hair (orderly or otherwise) and were rumored to drink lots of mead... YMMV

This reminds me, I want to brew again, even though I'd like to wait until spring so I can attempt an Elderflower mead... (very sweet mead with the blossom of elderflowers added in the brewing process, should work)
    I wanna do mead brewing as well, but the info I found got lost. I'll have to check this out and start setting aside money again.

Also, random factoid, I think. A lot of vikings drank a drink spelled bjor, which was pronounced beer (kinda, americans are silly) but was actually a non-alcoholic cider. Vikings work hard. Vikings play hard - and responsibly!

Probably. Apparently a kidney stone or the condition following abdominal surgery where you get a buildup of gas, whatchacallit, are supposed to be just as painful if that's all you're going for, though.
    Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Why do I watch stuff like The Walking Dead when it just means I'll be unable to sleep?
    Yeah, that wasn't my best move. Stupid Netflix, enabling things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Or pansexual immortal hermaphroditic species member?
    You play Mage, then I take it?

Dropped quote:
    Golly, the word you're looking for to describe you? That word is "awesome".

I make a boring plushie.
    Nah, I've got a nope plushie. Although I've always just called it a pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Plushiebus! ^________^
    Think my filly would object to one of those...

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    I would totally hug a Musplushi.
    I would dearly love a whatever-that-is-plush, so bad.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be watching.........always watching. I totally want one.
    Last edited by Chess435; 2013-03-12 at 09:17 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    ...Shampoo doesn't really do anything good for your hair at all.
    It doesn't? Huh. I wash my hair with shampoo, and it feels less greasy afterwards.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    It doesn't? Huh. I wash my hair with shampoo, and it feels less greasy afterwards.
    Yes, it does degrease, but that is not the end-all, be-all of hair health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

That is a good question.

Also, define "pull off" the ,amgic marker look? Because if it is a step up, I know this one lady, with water colors... It ain't workin', hon. Sorry.
    Water colors? Is her face a tiger? Is her life a carnival?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yes, it does degrease, but that is not the end-all, be-all of hair health.
    Yes, but the statement was "...doesn't really do anything good for your hair at all." I was surprised by that.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I have a Shaymin plushie from somewhere in that obligatory box-under-the-bed.

Yeah, shampoo cuts the oils. But those are there for a reason. When you wash them off, your scalp produces more in response, which can lead to clogged pores, greasier hair, and so on, so you need to wash it more. The oil is also there to protect the hair, so removing it dries the hair out and can damage the hair. Depending on how harsh your shampoo is, it can even damage the hair directly. That's why "they" generally recommend every other day instead of every day.

I water down my shampoo anyway because that works for me, shampoo daily, and need to buy more conditioner condition daily.
    Jude P.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, shampoo cuts the oils. But those are there for a reason. When you wash them off, your scalp produces more in response, which can lead to clogged pores, greasier hair, and so on, so you need to wash it more. The oil is also there to protect the hair, so removing it dries the hair out and can damage the hair. Depending on how harsh your shampoo is, it can even damage the hair directly. That's why "they" generally recommend every other day instead of every day.

I water down my shampoo anyway because that works for me, shampoo daily, and need to buy more conditioner condition daily.
    Thanks for the fun shampoo facts!

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a Shaymin plushie from somewhere in that obligatory box-under-the-bed.
    Oooooh! Which form?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oooooh! Which form?
    Land form. We thought sky form looked silly.
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Banned

Hair is dead keratin. All those fancy chemicals which make it "healthier" just lie it together.

Soap will remove grease, yes. It will also dry out your skin, and potentially damage what is under the grease. It's cost:benefit analysis at work. Is the damage done to your hair worth the grease reduction? Because there are other ways to keep your hair less greasy, though not necessarily as effective.

Plus, preventative treatment. More frequent 'washing' cuts the problem at the source. Less oil from a less traumatized scalp, Along with a better job of dispersing it along the hair (this is what frequent brushing is supposed to do, by the way) will keep the hair healthier naturally. Conditioner is designed to put back what shampoo takes out.

Some folks have long straight hair that is thick and strong. They tend to say "my hair doesn't need any of that!" and consider it proof. I posit, personally, that their hair would be better if they did take care of it, but maybe it's possible to do too much? Who knows.

Water colors? Is her face a tiger? Is her life a carnival?
    I'm not sure if that's a compliment or insult, so I'll have to decline answer by way of confusion.

14. - Top - End - #1424

NecromancerGuy

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or insult, so I'll have to decline answer by way of confusion.
    Darn, and I was looking forward to one of the two of you speaking in plain english on the subject.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi again thread!

I'm still here, I promise! I've been reading, but my new job and kung fu classes make it difficult to find time to post. So, with that said, I need to comment on a few things. Here I go!

SiuiS: Maybe-congrats on engagement! I hope you and your filly will live happily ever afterwards ! Also, you're new avatar is just darling~!

Musashi: I'm sorry those two bugged you so much at the con, but I hope you had fun anyways!

Kender: Yay! I hope you had a good time running things. What are the plans for next year?

Akowrules: I'm sorry you were having such a horrible time (I think that was you; sorry if it wasn't!) . *Hugs!* If I could do more I would, but right now a listening ear and e-hugs are all I can manage...

Adrian Korvedzk: You can look really pretty when you try ! I also like your incredibly varied collection of pony-shirts!

Hopefully I haven't missed anybody...Let me know if I did!

---------------------------------------------

As for me...well, I don't really have all that much to report. I've had highs and lows (more of the latter than the former, it seems...), but overall things have been relatively stable for me, gender-wise. I do have a funny story from today, though! We were discussing our handwriting, and the instructor for our training class said I had the nicest. One of the ladies said that I have great handwriting "For a man!" And the guy who sits next to me took that and ran with it, joking that, "[I'm] a woman!" I didn't say anything, but I thought it was funny that what he meant as a little light-hearted insult was actually the nicest thing he could say to me !

Okay, that's the Phee report for now. Hopefully I'll be able to become a more active participant again, instead of being a silent lurker, but we'll see, won't we?

~Phoenix~
    Last edited by Absol197; 2013-03-12 at 11:45 PM.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh dear. It appears that my completely opposite boyfriends (past and present) are exactly the same. Any tips on how to help someone be comfortable with the idea of being gay? My formerly-secret admirer is overflowing with uncertainty.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2013-03-12 at 11:48 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Who doesn't like tigers and carnivals? Granted they might be two great tastes that taste like out turned intestines together, but you throw some funnel cake at those cats and everyone's having a ball!

18. - Top - End - #1428

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Oh dear. It appears that my completely opposite boyfriends (past and present) are exactly the same. Any tips on how to help someone be comfortable with the idea of being gay? My formerly-secret admirer is overflowing with uncertainty.
    Hmm? Wait. You started dating your ex without realizing that it was your ex?

Who doesn't like tigers and carnivals? Granted they might be two great tastes that taste like out turned intestines together, but you throw some funnel cake at those cats and everyone's having a ball!
    Otherwise, they should calm down after they've had a couple of the fatter, slower children.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-03-12 at 11:59 PM.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Hi again thread!

I'm still here, I promise! I've been reading, but my new job and kung fu classes make it difficult to find time to post. So, with that said, I need to comment on a few things. Here I go!
    Oo, wushu! What school or style are you using?

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

Otherwise, they should calm down after they've had a couple of the fatter, slower children.
    What do you think the funnel cake is made out of?

21. - Top - End - #1431

Hmm? Wait. You started dating your ex without realizing that it was your ex?
    It's metaphorical. Opposite attitude, exactly the same sort of issues, fear. I guess not exactly the same even in that respect. Really, he puts on a facade of outgoingness, class clown, to hide his inner shyness. Like me.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2013-03-13 at 12:12 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Banned

Darn, and I was looking forward to one of the two of you speaking in plain english on the subject.
    SiuiS
    Plain english
    Choose your own adventure!

Kind hearted
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why, you flatter me, sir. unfortunately, I am not known for my.. Clarity of communication. I either hit the wrong abstraction level, or else slip into modes of communication my audience finds abhorrent, such as describing sy esthetic ramblings to those without capacity to understand them.

Cynical
    Spoiler
    Show
    AAAAAHhahahahahahahahaha!

Rational
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, no. I know better than to engage in any sort of antagonistic endeavor against KindaBlue. He is my superior in dry humor, ernest communique, and bizarreness.

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    Hi again thread!

S'cool!
    I'll respond tomorrow by the way. Today was DMV day. Good goddess I thought the tales were exaggerated. 8 hours for "oh, we're closing. Make an appointment and come back later".

As for me...well, I don't really have all that much to report. I've had highs and lows (more of the latter than the former, it seems...), but overall things have been relatively stable for me, gender-wise. I do have a funny story from today, though! We were discussing our handwriting, and the instructor for our training class said I had the nicest. One of the ladies said that I have great handwriting "For a man!" And the guy who sits next to me took that and ran with it, joking that, "[I'm] a woman!" I didn't say anything, but I thought it was funny that what he meant as a little light-hearted insult was actually the nicest thing he could say to me !
    Heh. Those are fun~

I... What? :?

23. - Top - End - #1433

NecromancerGuy

It's metaphorical. Opposite attitude, exactly the same sort of issues, fear. I guess not exactly the same even in that respect. Really, he puts on a facade of outgoingness, class clown, to hide his inner shyness. Like me.
    Hmm. Know why the fear in particular?

What do you think the funnel cake is made out of?
    I go to the wrong kind of carnivals then.

Choose your own adventure!

Kind hearted
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why, you flatter me, sir. unfortunately, I am not known for my.. Clarity of communication. I either hit the wrong abstraction level, or else slip into modes of communication my audience finds abhorrent, such as describing sy esthetic ramblings to those without capacity to understand them.

Cynical
    Spoiler
    Show
    AAAAAHhahahahahahahahaha!

Rational
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, no. I know better than to engage in any sort of antagonistic endeavor against KindaBlue. He is my superior in dry humor, ernest communique, and bizarreness.
    I'll never know the joys of pandas.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-03-13 at 12:29 AM.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1434

Because people in general are still unconfortable with gays. He's uncertain what it's like, he's not only closeted, but only recently figured out that he was gay. (I am suspicious that crossdressing day aided in this... Apparently I wore my dress very well. One of the yearbook people took a picture.) It's not a major problem, and I'm sure that he'll be cool within a season or two, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Because people in general are still unconfortable with gays.
    Every time I enter this thread I forget about this, and every time I go out into the world, people remind me of this.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

While I appreciate the compliment, Phee, I think you have me mixed with Akowrules.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Oh god, now I have the mental image of plushie versions of everyone here.
    I'd make a giant extremely huggable, soft and cuddly plushie
    Since this thread has been derailed with talk of plushies, I motion that the next thread title has something to do with them.
    I third the motion
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    I'd make a giant extremely huggable, soft and cuddly plushie

I third the motion
    *snuggles*
    ^~Cody T.~^

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    PS. Engrossed in SC2 atm. Zerg has been my race of choice for over ten years!
    I have evolved past the need for sleep. I spent all night conquering for the hive. I found a weird secret. I literally couldn't keep my eyes open in my lecture.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh god do want would cuddle.
    ...and the plushie's nice too.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2013-03-13 at 06:24 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Show me on the dolly where you want Mynxae to touch you...

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo