New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Sure, the flaw is that Apogee is protecting a wolf and I’d rather he stop.
    If I weight the odds of the vig being a wolf, the vig being a town and shooting AV, the chance of the wolfkill being Xi and blocked, the chance of the wolf shooting AV, the chance of the wolfkill being anyone else and blocked somehow else?

Yeah, I don't know.

From how the vig claimed to me, and additional information they provided, I am very confident they are in fact the killing zeusling. This doesn't make them town, (though I think they have been towny) but I'm confident enough in them not being a wolf to not be interested in outing them today. If that's wrong, c'est la vie.

But I don't think that makes Xi necessarily a wolf either! I think the dichotomy being pushed here is bad, but again, how to resolve it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    1. Wolves: targeted AV separate from Zeus: Lightning Control.
    2. Wolf!Xi: carried the kill, but was blocked.
    3. Zeus: Lightning Control is the mafia killer, and doesn't get two kills but one buffed one instead.
    4. Poseidon: Healing Waters saved someone.
    5. Ares: Hard to Kill was attacked. No info yet.
    6. Zeus: Mystical Might changed the Wolf target away from one player and to AV or Ares:Hard to Kill
    7. Dionysus: Induce Madness changed the target.
    8. Neutral: Some ability we don't know was used.

Added on three options to the list of what happened. Struck out the two we have evidence against.

Maybe it's just having the arguments against Xi formatted differently but I definitely understand that option 2 (Xi is a wolf) looks the most likely to people. Apogee can rule out that Mystical Might and Hard to Kill weren't involved? Or even the Neutrals, if they have full claimed to you?

7 hours till deadline

Vote Count:

Snowblaze (6): CaoimhinTheCape, Elenna, Zelphas, Bladescape, Valmark, Xihirli
    Valmark (2): JeenLeen, Murska
    Xihirli (4): Rogue_Alchemist, Rogan, Snowblaze, Totadileplayz
    Not Voting: Apogee
    No Posts: BookWombat, Flat-Footed, Libro, Mornshine, Shal06
    This seems about correct, yes.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

In that case, who are you planning to vote for Apogee?

3. - Top - End - #543
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    If I weight the odds of the vig being a wolf, the vig being a town and shooting AV, the chance of the wolfkill being Xi and blocked, the chance of the wolf shooting AV, the chance of the wolfkill being anyone else and blocked somehow else?

Yeah, I don't know.

From how the vig claimed to me, and additional information they provided, I am very confident they are in fact the killing zeusling. This doesn't make them town, (though I think they have been towny) but I'm confident enough in them not being a wolf to not be interested in outing them today. If that's wrong, c'est la vie.

But I don't think that makes Xi necessarily a wolf either! I think the dichotomy being pushed here is bad, but again, how to resolve it?

- - - Updated - - -

1: isn't corroborated in the end of day results.
    3: some people are citing grace's responses as against this possibility
    5: Hard to kill should have recieved that info the fact they are not bringing it up is a huge mark against this possibility
    If healing waters knows if his target is attacked, hard to kill definitely deserves to know if they were.
    6: same reasons as those two intention doesn't matter.
    8: there is a theoretical unknown neutral so possible.

Overall yes number 2 does seem the most likely.

The Dichotomy in this case is a matter of possibility. Though there is a 9th possibility.

9) The Wolves didn't do a night kill.

4. - Top - End - #544

ClericGuy

Yeah, I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

No need for me to write another reply for Xi. Apogee has made his decision and gave his reasons.

About the list:
    Some posts before, I quoted Gacs statements about the interaction between a wolf power and the wolf kill.
    Unless Gac is willing to even further clarify the interaction of lighting kill and wolf kill, I am confident that there are two killing powers.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

In that case, who are you planning to vote for Apogee?
    Good question.

I have one or two questions regarding claims out that could in theory lead me to a better target.

I'm considering trying to find a third option, but that somewhat depends on if I can find one that feels good. Obviously Xihirli is, to some degree, a good option because of the roleblocking. Snowblaze is safer in that we wouldn't kill a member of the town approximately ever, but I'm pretty sure Snow is a neutral despite the whole parent name fiasco. There's a kind of /role parallelism/ with Jeen's role there. I guess I lean Xihirli if there isn't another name that I end up finding who looks just on the face wolfier.

Totadile I saw your above post, and a lot of that seems reasonable, but I guess I'm not fully ready to assume 1 and 5 aren't a reasonable degree of possibility.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

I hit the max number of quotes apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    HOW would a wold Vig know AV was the Seer?
    It was night 1!

I think killing the Vig would be a bad move.

Best case, it is a wolf and we learn whos posts should be investigated more.
    Worst case, we kill one of the stronger town powers.

So, I'd say:
    Apogee picks the next target for the Child of Zeus.

If the Zeusling kills this target and it was a wolf? Town cred for the Zeusling. Not guaranteed, but better than nothing.
    If the Zeusling kills someone else and there is no Wolfkill? Well, propable the kill of the Zeusling was the wolf kill. In with case, not much lost. Only one person dead one way or another.
    If the Zeusling kills someone else and there is a night kill by the wolfes, we can safely assume the child of zeus was lying. Unless Apogee is told about any target switch power.

Killing the Child of Zeus after he claimed to Apogee would be stupid, especialy if you think that the zeusling IS the wolf nightkill.

- - - Updated - - -

So, in short: Let Apogee direct the Child of Zeus from now on. And only kill the Child of Zeus if he does not do as he was told.
    A stronger town power is useless if the user doesn't cohordinate with Town.

And I'd rather lynch the Child of Zeus over potentially useful people.
    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    I do have one thing to say. Rogue Alchemist confirmed that him and AV were switched meaning if the vig didn't know about the matter that the vig wanted to kill Rogue Alchemkst not AV.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I should say that I literally did read blsnowblaze's ISOS but didn't comment on the fake claims as I didnt see them as alignment indicative.
    This has been addressed later but still- rogue and AV weren't switched according to the vig.
    For me it's not about Vig knowing AV was the Seer, but questioning why the vig thought AV was a good target in the first place. There were other Neutrals who may be harmful to the town and there are other targets who were seen as more suspicious (Valmark, Xi, anyone who only had a couple posts, even me).

I agree that Apogee should help the Child of Zeus target but that brings up the question again: why didn't the vig coordinate with Apogee/town in the first place? Before taking their first shot?
    This. So much this.
    There are really only two possibilities. A) You Xihirli the person I have yet to see actually contribute in any game your in is a wolf. Legitimately you are not someone I could care less about irregardless of your alignment.

The Wolves and The Vig could not have known AV was the wolf unless Apogee is a wolf and informed the wolves about it.

B) The Vig is the wolf. I do not know who they are so I can't vote for them. They also need another data point for themselves.

These two results both make me need to actually try to glean more information from this voting cycle, and the best way to do that is what I'm doing now.

If we lynch you and you aren't a wolf Apogee will be obligated to tell us who the wolf killer is, likely during the night for the first wolf reveal so we can see the connections between them and other players in the game.

Snowblaze on the other hand is the most suspicious neutral of the game, but they are at least contributing to this game. So yes I feel out of two possible choices in attempting to sus out our first wolf Snowblaze is the worse choice on that front due to the contributing member dying.

This is why I feel comfortable with lynching you xihirli.
    A) So yeah, let's kill the person actively contributing?

There is case (C) and (D)- none are wolves or both are.
    To me, it does matter that the Vig didn't come out to work with town when there was an obvious way to do so. Only showing up after the fact and saying "Oops" doesn't look good to me.

So, I'm not sure I would lynch the Vig today but I'm suspicious of them. Definitely need to direct them going forward. Xi's reaction makes a lot of sense to me and I'm reading her as town for all of this. To me, lynching a Neutral rather than someone who could be town (Xi) is a much better vote even before my town read of her.
    This again, though I'm more suspicious of the vig.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    This is the first useful thing Xi has posted, but it is still so out of character that she hasn't once begged us to kill her or point out why she is a good target. I think wolf buddies have pressured her into stopping because she has some useful power to them.
    She has, and wolves would be pretty dumb to push someone to act uncharacteristically.
    There are 3 valid targets.

1 is an unknown vig.
    Another is Xihirli.

If either of these flip town the other is a wolf we will definitely kill the other day 3.

Snowblaze.

This one doesn't have mandatory allies, though they are known for lying and their role is sus by itself.

We need to kill a wolf as soon as possible. So what do we do in this world?

Apogee won't reveal The Vig unless it's necessary. So this is why Xihirli is a good target. It reveals the possible wolf nk so we can target them tomorrow.

Then There's Snowblaze who frankly in a weird sense they are accepting of their death, they understand why and aren't pushing to stay alive as much as I'd expect any wolf would. No matter how unlikely it is I believe Snowblaze may legitimately be an incompetent neutral. This is weird and frankly logically i can not say that having that belief is a good thing but it is present.

It's a possible day 2 wolf lynch, and with xihirli's pursuit we have a definite wolf lynch by day 3.

Snowblaze on the other hand is just a possible day 2 wolf lynch.
    Again, Xihirli and the vig don't implicate each other. And honestly Apogee1 not revealing the killer's identity is suspicious in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    So does Totodile know something I don't?

Because they seem pretty sure one of Vig or Xi is wolf.

Possible options where this is just false:

Town!Vig hits AV - Wolves also target AV
    Town!Vig hits AV - Wolves hit Ares 2life

Or other way:
    Wolf!Vig targets AV - Xi is voided and that stops the standard wolf kill.

Now I might be delusional but this one or the other play is ****ing weird.

Also about to sleep. See you all a few hours before deadline
    This.
    And no I'm not saying there is no possible way xihirli and the vig are both wolves I'm simply saying that it is rather likely at least one is a wolf.
    You were.
    Because ultimately I'm saying if one is a town the other is a wolf. Doesn't mean I'm saying if one is a wolf the other is town .
    ...you do realize you've contradicted yourself three times by now?

totadileplayz, you look like a wolf climbing on mirrors to justify themselves.

(More replies to follow)
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-06 at 07:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I hit the max number of quotes apparently.

This has been addressed later but still- rogue and AV weren't switched according to the vig.

This. So much this.

A) So yeah, let's kill the person actively contributing?

There is case (C) and (D)- none are wolves or both are.

This again, though I'm more suspicious of the vig.

She has, and wolves would be pretty dumb to push someone to act uncharacteristically.

Again, Xihirli and the vig don't implicate each other. And honestly Apogee1 not revealing the killer's identity is suspicious in itself.

This.

You were.

(More replies to follow)
    Yep for one simple reason. I dont know what to think I'm trying to sus things out figure out who the wolves are, and this causes me to try to analyze and reanalyze to try to figure out who the wolves are.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously you do realize I joined these games right because it's a lot easier to sus things out with mechanics then it is from my own jumbled up thought processes.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Or, a child of Zeus not necessarily with vig powers aimed the wolves’ factional kill, and seeing that there was only one kill in the night a wolf decided to fake-claim a role they now knew wasn’t in the game.
    To be fair, fake-claiming to the supposed town network would be a pretty dumb move.
    Xihirli was roleblocked. There is a role for the kill and the wolf kill base. At least One of them is most likely a wolf, however we can't vote for the vig(apogee won't tell us so you know the problem there.) It is possible for Xihirli to be a wolf in the situation given to us, and the only other reasonable explanation would be if The Vig was the wolf killer. Since the ones that make them safe the two-lifer, and the double kill on AV are rather unlikely since they do not line up with what we see.

This causes suspicion to arise on Xihirli since they are the only one of the two we can vote for. And with their death it necessitates Apogee revealing the Vig allowing us to vote for them if they do end up being the wolf.

Xihirli however is acting contrary to how people know her, and is doing things out of character. Not only that, but she is focusing on an aspect that neither the vig or the wolves could have known at the time the killing taking place to add more suspicion on the vig side of the equation.

All in all we have snowblaze the liar, Xihirli the strange, and The vig the unknown. These all are in relative terms the most suspicious people we have for who can be a wolf. Of these Snowblaze and Xihirli are the ones we can vote for and is why I'm having a hard time of figuring out who to actually vote for. And it doesn't help that I have a headache right now.
    I'm substantially confused by now- Xi's not actually acting differently. She has switched between "serious" and "jokey" modes pretty often in games (this isn't specifically against you, other said so).
    Apologies to anyone I haven’t gotten back to. Was quite busy yesterday. Going through everything now.

- - - Updated - - -

They talked about it a bit. Didn't particularly strike me as an exceptionally towny or wolfy decision.
    And you're not going to share anything? Even the posts after this look pretty much like trying to not take sides without sharing (almost) any info.
    Yep for one simple reason. I dont know what to think I'm trying to sus things out figure out who the wolves are, and this causes me to try to analyze and reanalyze to try to figure out who the wolves are.
    And how does that mean you'll contradict yourself explaining the same thing repeatedly?

9. - Top - End - #549

ClericGuy

But seeing they have come clear to apogee implies being willing to cooperate now. But just to be save...

@Apogee do you have a statement about the Vig willing to follow your advice now?

Well, if the vig is a wolf, Xi is less likely to be a wolf, seeing she is one of the more vocal players in favor of killing. The other way round? Not necessarily.

This.

You were.

(More replies to follow)
    There was no contradiction.
    Tot is saying that they can not both be wolf.
    So the options tot is considered are:

Xi is wolf, Vig is town
    Vig is wolf, Xi is town
    Both are town.

Wait, I think I was confused... I will have to read the quotes again and will come back afterwards.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-06-06 at 02:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

There was no contradiction.
    Tot is saying that they can not both be wolf.
    So the options tot is considered are:

Xi is wolf, Vig is town
    Vig is wolf, Xi is town
    Both are town.
    No? He said that if one is Town the other is a Wolf, then when confronted about it he backpedaled and said that it's likely one of them is a wolf (if the other is Town), then said again that one of them has to be a wolf.

11. - Top - End - #551

Planetar

At different points in the day I will look at the evidence propositioned by xihirli mostly, and look at the situation saying okay what does this mean what does this imply? And I notice an interaction between the two at different points I see it and go between one possibility and the other as I look at it from one perspective and another, trying to ferret out the truth. Honestly, the possibilities pointed out by someone else was what allowed me to get out of that rabbit hole and actually see the possibilities as they truly are, and why the vig is only a possible option out of many. This is why I jumped onto it because I wasnt certain how it would shake out, because I couldnt be.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to lynch me, lynch me. I will never defend myself myself against this because frankly it is a merited point not one I'd do as a wolf, but it is an example of the confusion I was facing when I was trying to look at the xihirli situation.

12. - Top - End - #552

ClericGuy

And no I'm not saying there is no possible way xihirli and the vig are both wolves I'm simply saying that it is rather likely at least one is a wolf.
    Because ultimately I'm saying if one is a town the other is a wolf. Doesn't mean I'm saying if one is a wolf the other is town .
    So does Totodile know something I don't?

Because they seem pretty sure one of Vig or Xi is wolf.

Possible options where this is just false:

Town!Vig hits AV - Wolves also target AV
    Town!Vig hits AV - Wolves hit Ares 2life

Or other way:
    Wolf!Vig targets AV - Xi is voided and that stops the standard wolf kill.

Now I might be delusional but this one or the other play is ****ing weird.

Also about to sleep. See you all a few hours before deadline
    No? He said that if one is Town the other is a Wolf, then when confronted about it he backpedaled and said that it's likely one of them is a wolf (if the other is Town), then said again that one of them has to be a wolf.
    Again, sorry. I got confused by the quote inside of a quote and mixed something up.
    Here is the reply after getting the quotes myself, so I can use them while writing.

Tot is saying one being town means the other is (in his view) a wolf.
    But one being wolf does not make the other one town.
    So the only option ruled out by his post is "both are town" (so, the opposite of my previous post)

Now, this is a stance that blade seems to have as well AND you supported this post.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-06-06 at 02:39 PM. Reason: being an idiot

13. - Top - End - #553

Planetar

Again, sorry. I got confused by the quote inside of a quote and mixed something up.
    Here is the reply after getting the quotes myself, so I can use them while writing.

So the only option ruled out by his post is "both are town" (so, the opposite of my previous post)

Now, this is a stance that blade seems to have as well AND you supported this post.
    Hey awesome! I am not actually contradicting myself here. I totally did see that as possible however, because well my thoughts do change over time, and I've been known to contradict myself in the past.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

Tot said first that one has to be wolf, then said that he was just saying that it's likely one of them is a wolf, then said again that at least one of them has to be a wolf.

Bladescape contested that stance.

15. - Top - End - #555

Planetar

Tot said first that one has to be wolf, then said that he was just saying that it's likely one of them is a wolf, then said again that at least one of them has to be a wolf.

Bladescape contested that stance.
    Ok let's look at that. I at first don't see an option then I see one and then I lose it. Wala has to most likely has to.

16. - Top - End - #556

ClericGuy

If we lynch you and you (xi) aren't a wolf Apogee will be obligated to tell us who the wolf killer is, likely during the night for the first wolf reveal so we can see the connections between them and other players in the game.

There are 3 valid targets.

1 is an unknown vig.
    Another is Xihirli.

If either of these flip town the other is a wolf we will definitely kill the other day 3.
    So, Tots stance does not really shift but remains constant.

I am really getting sloppy right now. Sorry.

No, blade does not support the view.

Some small defense for me: currently back to mobile use, which makes organizing and multi quotes harder.

blade. Sorry for turning your votes words around!

- - - Updated - - -

So, as a kind of summary:
    Rogan (that's me) is confusing himself.

Tots basic stance remains consistent. It shifts slightly on the amount of certainty.
    Valmark is treating this as a contradiction.
    I think it's minor enough to not really count.

Is this post correct in all regards?
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-06-06 at 02:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing as how I just explained my logic for how it might legitimately be more beneficial for town to lynch Xihirli. I'll be voting for her again. I dont think this is flawed at least.
    Also wanted to point out voting because you explained your logic is really weird too- tipically you vote someone if you want to, not because you explained why it'd be good.
    Ok let's look at that. I at first don't see an option then I see one and then I lose it. Wala has to most likely has to.
    You were explaining your previous post still- and even then it looks weird that you changed your opinion after a post you contested then for no reason went back to the previous one.
    So, Tots stance does not really shift but remains constant.
    How does going from "One of them must be a wolf" to "Probably one of them is a wolf" to "One of them must be a wolf" mean remaining costant?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-06 at 02:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Barbarian in the Playground

3 straight days of rain last weekend resulted in my family rescheduling our Memorial Day get-together to yesterday. Burnt me out like a cheap match so I've been following best I can on mobile.

I don't like either main wagon atm.
    •The day I can figure out Xihirli is the day I contact police to get a doppelgänger out of her house.
    •I can scry Snowblaze tonight and see who their parent is. Settle the state of their claim.

Totadileplayz/Valmark/Rogan discourse feels like an unnecessary argument to fill space.
    Adding my vote to the Valmark. Feels similar to some previous wolf games where he's been very active but wasn't contributing much substance.

Spoiler: Player list
    Show
    Apogee
    AvatarVecna Town/Prophecy Child of Apollo(seer)
    Batcathat Neutral/Child of Iris
    Bladescape
    BookWombat
    CaoimhinTheCape
    Elenna
    EmmyNecromancer Neutral/Child of Nemesis
    Flat-Footed
    Jeenleen
    Libro
    Mornshine
    Murska
    Rogan
    Rogue_Alchemist
    Shal06
    Snowblaze
    Totadileplayz
    Valmark
    Xihirli
    Zelphas

19. - Top - End - #559

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

When I asked Gac about it in my QT he was being vague about it so idk if I trust that. Lightning means definitely the vig but I got no reason to believe wolves didn't also target.

Also that doesn't address 2wolf scenario either.
    Eh, true. Sorry I misread you there. For some reason my initial passover it looked like you saying "One is wolf and the other is town." and my logic brain went "Well that's pretty damn confident of you Mr Dile sir."

How does going from "One of them must be a wolf" to "Probably one of them is a wolf" to "One of them must be a wolf" mean remaining costant?

@ Blades
    Your question for gac was about a double kill being recognizable? I am not sure, so I thought I should ask for clarification.

Spoiler: For Valmark
    Show

For Valmark:
    I tend to see this "must be a wolf" not as an absolute statement of fact, but rather of personal belief. Like "Unless I get additional info and a reason to believe otherwise, I am confident that at least one of them is wolf" but shorter.

But I can see you getting a different conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post

I don't like either main wagon atm.
    •The day I can figure out Xihirli is the day I contact police to get a doppelgänger out of her house.
    •I can scry Snowblaze tonight and see who their parent is. Settle the state of their claim.

Totadileplayz/Valmark/Rogan discourse feels like an unnecessary argument to fill space.
    Adding my vote to the Valmark. Feels similar to some previous wolf games where he's been very active but wasn't contributing much substance.

Spoiler: Player list
    Show
    Apogee
    AvatarVecna Town/Prophecy Child of Apollo(seer)
    Batcathat Neutral/Child of Iris
    Bladescape
    BookWombat
    CaoimhinTheCape
    Elenna
    EmmyNecromancer Neutral/Child of Nemesis
    Flat-Footed
    Jeenleen
    Libro
    Mornshine
    Murska
    Rogan
    Rogue_Alchemist
    Shal06
    Snowblaze
    Totadileplayz
    Valmark
    Xihirli
    Zelphas
    I promise, this is my last public reply about Val/Tot. I got a bad first impression of Vals post and jumped in to call him out. Now I don't think it's telling anymore. If anyone has additional questions about this whole affair, my inbox is empty.

I am willing to change my target (xi) if anybody could come up with another good target or bring evidence for another reason why the wolves got no night kill.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

They did, killed the Seer.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

About 4 hours left.

Some quick answers to some unquoted questions:

Again, all wolves get access to their normal role power. If they choose to use the kill, they have both powers.

Dionysus induce madness could choose to make someone target themself if they wanted to.

My intent was that passive powers such as the Ares powers would not be impacted by the Dionysus powers. But perhaps I should allow them to block it? Oh well, a discussion for the post game probably.

22. - Top - End - #562

ClericGuy

They did, killed the Seer.
    You are repeating the same thing over and over again...
    So sorry for getting rude but either explain how a wolf should have known that AV was the seer or find some better reason for a wolf vig.

Nobody is denying that AV was shot by the vig.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-06-06 at 04:03 PM. Reason: wording

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

By the by, I guess it's obvious but still, if the Child of Hades (resurrecting one) is Town they should bring back Seer AV.

Otherwise they better have a pretty damn good explanation.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone in this game gets to complain about repetition it is not you.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

You are repeating the same thing over and over again...
    So sorry for getting rude but either explain how a wolf should have known that AV was the seer or find some better reason for a wolf vig.

Nobody is denying that AV was shot by the vig.
    It was pretty abundantly obvious that AV was very useful for Town with his significantly large and well-presented walls of analysis. I can't see any reason a Town vig would fire at someone who's either active and useful Town or a Wolf who's posting so much that they'll certainly incriminate not only themselves but their partners soon enough.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    It was pretty abundantly obvious that AV was very useful for Town with his significantly large and well-presented walls of analysis. I can't see any reason a Town vig would fire at someone who's either active and useful Town or a Wolf who's posting so much that they'll certainly incriminate not only themselves but their partners soon enough.
    This is my main issue with the "Zeusling must be town who accidentally shot town" thing. A wolf has no reason not to fire "blindly" and just luck into killing the seer, while a town vig in this game had the fledgling town network to fall back on to keep something like this from happening. The fact that they didn't make use of the network before firing is... odd.

Apogee's assertion that the Zeusling "seems town" to him is both encouraging and concerning at the same time. It's encouraging, because from the conversation on Day 1 it seems like Apogee's about as close to confirmed town as we can get barring a role flip, so his word is the most trustworthy at the moment. It's concerning, because this vig kill is strange enough that it feels like we need more answers than "the Zeusling shot by accident and swears they're town" to justify it, and the fact that Apogee cannot or will not supply these answers is jarring when placed against his position as the most confirmed town person.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #567

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Now, this is a real argument for a bad target of a vig. It does not state the obvious but irrelevant (they killed the seer) but instead put some focus on the target as AV.

My guess would be, the vig agreed with the observation that AV is skilled at leading town - for good AND for worse.
    I am not going to search the quotes, but I am reasonably sure I had read something like that.

Apogee might know better, as he had some talk with the killer.

But there is more: we can kind of test the Vig by letting Apogee pick the target. This option is gone if we go for a kill now.

And we would still need an explanation for there being only one kill. Xi being a wolf is such an explanation. Not the only one, but I have not heard any argument that would rule it out.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

A vig firing blindly and killing the Seer when we already have a town network set up is indistinguishable from a wolf.
    There was no justifiable reason for the vig to shoot AV.
    So you're just blatantly trying to discredit me by pretending I haven't made those exact same points?

Seems a lot more like you and your wolf buddies have picked your scapegoat than that you're actually interested in finding the wolves.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569

ClericGuy

So you're just blatantly trying to discredit me by pretending I haven't made those exact same points?

Seems a lot more like you and your wolf buddies have picked your scapegoat than that you're actually interested in finding the wolves.
    You made these posts and I think I have replied to them.

But most of the time, you keep saying "They killed the Seer", a statement that is correct, but paints the act in the worst possible way. And you ignore the point that it could not be a deliberate decision to kill the seer.

You also ignore the plan I suggested (let Apogee direct the kill, lynch the vig if he does not comply)

So, would you concentrate on these points instead of repeating the old song of "They killed the seer"

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Those don't merit a reply. But if you insist:

Why wait on killing a wolf?

Done. Easy.
    Show