New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

Senshi stares at the wall, worried. After a minute or two of silence, he grins. "Whatever. My head's never really done anything useful for me anyway." He's obviously trying to cover up his worry at possibly having, well, major head trauma.
    Last edited by King539; 2017-01-08 at 04:45 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Seireitei, Soul Society]
    [Cemetery]

Masaru regards Jehoel silently for several long moments. He does not flinch from the ancient Hollow's gaze, but eventually, he blinks, though it's a normal blink, not a "blink and then look way the heck away".

"I believe you are correct about our presence in a new era. The sad fact, to some, is that for me this conversation is...unnerving. I am still uncertain the terms our nations have agreed to are the most proper. However, I am also pragmatic enough to understand why decisions were made. And self-aware enough to acknowledge my own views may not be entirely correct. Certainly I'm more self-aware than the...individual...who recently troubled the Commander."

His gaze drifts skyward.

"Of course....said individual isn't really alone..."
    Jehoel smiles a little, the expression as useful for determining his thoughts as anything else he does.

"Give it time. It took centuries for me to stop having to suppress the urge to rip out my counterpart's throat during conversations."

It's taking him substantially longer than that to learn social graces, apparently. He follows Masaru's gaze upwards.

"I suspect that you will find the Red Pheasant to be less aligned with his peers than you expect. He considers himself a weapon far more than a person. Weapons don't have friends or allies. The insult and rejection of authority, however, will force a response from the Royal Guard. Your commander has set a dangerous precedent."

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    The Tsuyoi representatives find the known terrorist Kishi clothed in noble finery (well, a decent kimono at least). And the ex-convict Kobayashi Momoka, in all of her tattooed, dreadlocked and pierced glory, along with Setsurou and Azuma.

"Greetings, honorable representatives of the Tsuyoi clan of nobles. Might I invite you to have a seat?"
    As one, the three representatives bow deeply.

"We are honored to accept."

They take the offered seats.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

[Seireitei; East Gate Hospital]
    Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post
    Senshi stares at the wall, worried. After a minute or two of silence, he grins. "Whatever. My head's never really done anything useful for me anyway." He's obviously trying to cover up his worry at possibly having, well, major head trauma.
    The nurse shows a room for Senshi. It's nothing special, just a bed, a night table and a small bathroom. He's informed he has two hours of free time before there's an open time slot in x-ray imaging. He could go eat something at the cafeteria, take a shower or a short nap etc.

Or just send a request to the warehouse to get a new copy of his old uniform. Otherwise he's stuck with this odd one, or hospital clothes.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Koutetsu holdings - meeting room)

Momoka nods, and gestures to Azuma to place the results of the divination on the table. When he does, she allows them a moment to settle before speaking again.

"Honorable representatives, you know more than any the sting of Tsuyoi Atsumori's idiocy. Within his lifetime, he single-handedly destroyed the prestige and future of the Tsuyoi clan. With his recent death - prior to the disastrous events of recent months, mind you - he left the clan without an heir and with considerably lighter pockets after his debts were collected." She gives a solemn nod of condolences.

"However, I bear good tidings in this grim hour. For the scroll in front of you details the heritage of two people in this very room - excluding yourselves of course, as you have just arrived. It unmistakably identifies one such person as Tsuyoi Junko, the lost daughter of Tsuyoi Atsumori. The other such person is a bastard to his name." She allows the representatives a moment to verify, before quirking a smile.

"The name Kobayashi Momoka - or Minami Yuki... are aliases. Names I used to protect myself. Though I have long abandoned that name there is one immutable truth - I am Tsuyoi Junko. I am the rightful heir to Atsumori's seat as the leader of the house."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #275

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Seireitei; East Gate Hospital]

The nurse shows a room for Senshi. It's nothing special, just a bed, a night table and a small bathroom. He's informed he has two hours of free time before there's an open time slot in x-ray imaging. He could go eat something at the cafeteria, take a shower or a short nap etc.

Or just send a request to the warehouse to get a new copy of his old uniform. Otherwise he's stuck with this odd one, or hospital clothes.
    First, Senshi places an order for a new uniform. This one was weird. After that, he takes a shower, trying to wash off the dust of Rome. He grabs a small snack from the downstairs cafeteria, the eats it in his room. Once he's done, he sits and stares at the wall for a bit. Then he has an idea. Senshi grabs the strange black sword that was with him when he woe up, and sits on the bed. He crosses his legs, places the sword over his lap, and focuses. If this really is a Zapakuto, he should be able to activate Jinzen and enter his inner world...
    Show
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Momoka nods, and gestures to Azuma to place the results of the divination on the table. When he does, she allows them a moment to settle before speaking again.

"Honorable representatives, you know more than any the sting of Tsuyoi Atsumori's idiocy. Within his lifetime, he single-handedly destroyed the prestige and future of the Tsuyoi clan. With his recent death - prior to the disastrous events of recent months, mind you - he left the clan without an heir and with considerably lighter pockets after his debts were collected." She gives a solemn nod of condolences.

"However, I bear good tidings in this grim hour. For the scroll in front of you details the heritage of two people in this very room - excluding yourselves of course, as you have just arrived. It unmistakably identifies one such person as Tsuyoi Junko, the lost daughter of Tsuyoi Atsumori. The other such person is a bastard to his name." She allows the representatives a moment to verify, before quirking a smile.

"The name Kobayashi Momoka - or Minami Yuki... are aliases. Names I used to protect myself. Though I have long abandoned that name there is one immutable truth - I am Tsuyoi Junko. I am the rightful heir to Atsumori's seat as the leader of the house."
    Through it all, Setsurou remains impassive, quiet yet not rudely so, offering courteous nods towards the representatives of House Tsuyoi. He might as well be a wall.

A wall that was now listening to every secret in this room, and could probably recount others even they didn't know, but a wall nonetheless.

But this was Momoka's show, and he wasn't about to steal her thunder with his words.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

[Senshi's Inner World]

Within the landscape of Senshi's mind, the snowfall has stopped. A shroud of white covers the ground and even the occasional swords sticking out are covered in ice. The sky is just as white as the ground, making it hard to tell where the horizon is. However, if Senshi looks long enough, he can see a mountain in the distance, something he doesn't remember seeing before. A trail of footprints begins from where he stands and leads towards it.

8. - Top - End - #278

NecromancerGuy

Senshi does the only logical thing. That is, he walks towards the only milestone in sight, the new mountain. The snow crunches beneath his feet as he walks towards the looming figure in the distance.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279

Spoiler
    Show
    [Soul Society]

For a moment, the opposite party is silent. The scribe takes the scroll, unfurling and confirming it with the large man leading the party, while the woman simply sits back with a nearly unreadable expression on her face. After a short while, the leader lets out a qiet, relieved sigh.

"Then Atsumori's foolishness didn't take everything from us after all. We searched, but without the resources we had once held, it was futile. We had given up all hope."

He pauses for a moment to collect himself, before putting one fist over his chest in a traditional gesture of fealty within the clan.

"I am glad to see that you do not take after your father. The noble house of Tsuyoi stands at your service, my lady."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Koutetsu Holdings - Meeting Room)

Momoka quirks a small smile. "Indeed not. So to make up for lost time... I realize that there are ceremonies we will need to perform before I am made whole. But at the very least we can prepare for the decrees I wish to make."

"First of all - I would instate Gwynned of Minami district as a full ward of the Tsuyoi clan, and more than that, due to her place as a leader of the former rebels of the Rukon and member of the Mining Union, I would request she be given special consideration as the next in line should I fall in the line of my duty." Gwynned spittakes a bit as she makes a negating motion, but Momoka looks back to her.

"Now hold on, Yuki - or Momoka or Junko or whatever you're goin' by - I didn't sign u-"

"...with all due respect, dearest sister, you were fighting a losing battle. You can do so much more for your people by working with the system. Improving upon it. You can do so much more as a leader than as a martyr." Gwynned is stayed, but still looks reluctant. "I ask again, as the sister you knew - trust me."

Gwynned is quiet, but sighs and... gives a noncommittal shrug. "...fine, whatever."

Momoka nods and turns back, closing her eyes for a moment, breathing, and regaining her composure. She looks rather regal, really, in a certain light. "...the second, I would like to announce my engagement to Hishikawa Setsurou, to bring our two families together and strengthen them through marital bonds."

Gwynned spittakes again. But she doesn't have anything to say this time, just staring at Momoka in disbelief.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

Hishikawa Setsurou is a master of many arts. One of them is the art of acting. It was, in fact, the first he ever mastered - to look uninterested, incapable, was absolutely necessary for him to obtain the space he needed in order to practice anything else beyond what was necessary to becoming the heir to the Hishikawa.

During his many forays into the night, covered by aliases, Setsurou performed in a number of plays for Rukongai citizens and Seireitei nobles alike, albeit without their knowledge. To say the man has conquered stage fright is a lot like saying you need a nuclear device to kill a protozoa.

Which is why, while Momoka's announcement is not entirely unexpected to him (he did suspect she was up to something when she called him to the Koutetsu household of all places), it is not the easiest to pretend has no effect on him. It probably shortens his lifespan by a decade or so to still his heart without taking a deep breath, smile and take Tsuyoi Junko's hand into his own in an affectionate yet appropriate gesture, without trembling, without sweating bullets, and without betraying in his eyes the mix of worry and elation he feels right at this moment.

"Indeed, I feel this union will not only be in the best interest of both our houses, but will serve to give us the chance to set things right - and to weather the no doubt tumultuous times that are coming."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

[Senshi's Inner World]
    Senshi does the only logical thing. That is, he walks towards the only milestone in sight, the new mountain. The snow crunches beneath his feet as he walks towards the looming figure in the distance.
    It is a long, long walk and moving ahead is the only thing keeping Senshi warm enough to not freeze. How long, exactly, is hard to say - it feels like he has to walk for hours before getting any closer, but in the outside world just seconds may have passed.

Time has no fixed meaning in this place.

As Senshi walks, the swords sticking from the ground get sparser and sparser, eventually vanishing from view entirely. It's like he passed over some invisible border somewhere. The swords are replaced by rare tree shrubs and bushes peeking from the snow, but as the snow gets thicker, even they are hidden. For a time, Senshi is surrounded only by a featureless white plain. It's just him and the looming mountain.

Then, he reaches the foot of it, grey stone rising from the ground like a wall. There is path sloping upwards, partly devoid of snow, lined by natural rock formations. Up above, there is a cliff, and on it, what looks like a human sitting cross-legged. If Senshi climbs up, he will see the figure seems to be wearing a full set of yoroi - the same set of armor he's seen on his sword spirit. Even the blue, fierce face mask can be discerned, since the figure is facing the white open from whence Senshi came.

However, if Senshi gets on the cliff and close enough to touch the figure's shoulder... he'll find the armor is empty. It has been propped up, leaning on a sheathed katana. The shorter of the paired swords is missing.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Cemetery]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Jehoel smiles a little, the expression as useful for determining his thoughts as anything else he does.

"Give it time. It took centuries for me to stop having to suppress the urge to rip out my counterpart's throat during conversations."

It's taking him substantially longer than that to learn social graces, apparently. He follows Masaru's gaze upwards.

"I suspect that you will find the Red Pheasant to be less aligned with his peers than you expect. He considers himself a weapon far more than a person. Weapons don't have friends or allies. The insult and rejection of authority, however, will force a response from the Royal Guard. Your commander has set a dangerous precedent."
    Masaru snorts at the statement.

"I had to spend a month convincing my subordinates I wasn't going to assault them for bringing me paperwork, and another month suppressing the urge to set said paperwork on fire when I saw it."

Not quite as extreme but also rather believable.

"I am not worried that the rest of the Royal Guard will attempt to rape and mutilate the minds and emotions of the Gotei. Well. Not overly worried. I am worried they will come down, impose "order", and seek to "restore" things without at least trying to consider the situation. And the unfortunate truth is that the Commander's fairly-reasonable action set against the Red Pheasant means we're in a poor position to...negotiate."

It's not hard to suss such things out, so Masaru doesn't feel he's sharing a state secret or anything. And it's oddly refreshing to bounce such things off of Jehoel.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #284

NecromancerGuy

Senshi's Inner World

Senshi climbs up the mountain path, shivering at the air. There's probably some sort of profound existential meaning in the extremely cold temperatures of Senshi's mindscape, but Senshi can't be bothered to find it. As he reaches the cliff, he walks forward and places his hand on the shoulder of the armour, then shrieks and leaps back as it topples over.

"Uh... Okay then."

Wait. Subset no Buredo never leaves that armour. Oh no. Senshi casts his eyes about the surrounding area, trying to find his sword spirit, or his dead body. "You've gotta be here somewhere."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285

[Mortal World]
    Cemetery

"The transition to desk work is...jarring. The bureaucracy of Las Noches is highly efficient, as such things go, but a hierarchy determined by personal strength leaves some flaws in management skill at the upper levels. The system has needed to change to meet the needs of its pieces just as often as the reverse."

Jehoel checks his phone, then begins walking towards the exit of the cemetery.

"A significant portion of the Royal Guard's power and influence come from the reputation of mystery and legend they bear. By defeating the Weapon, your commander has cracked that aura. At the same time, he began to try to assert his dominance over Wan Li Lin almost immediately, before turning to violence when words proved ineffective. Simply put, he has demonstrated a complete lack of regard for the authority of the Zero Squad. They will respond in kind. A show of force, first, followed by an aggressive negotiation of some type. Given the personalities involved, I would expect violence will not be the first tool they turn to, but if further provoked they will not shy from it."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

[Senshi's inner world]
    Spoiler
    Show

Senshi climbs up the mountain path, shivering at the air. There's probably some sort of profound existential meaning in the extremely cold temperatures of Senshi's mindscape, but Senshi can't be bothered to find it. As he reaches the cliff, he walks forward and places his hand on the shoulder of the armour, then shrieks and leaps back as it topples over.

"Uh... Okay then."

Wait. Subset no Buredo never leaves that armour. Oh no. Senshi casts his eyes about the surrounding area, trying to find his sword spirit, or his dead body. "You've gotta be here somewhere."
    "You scream like a little girl, you know", comes a reply seemingly out of nowhere. Then the speaker stands up and his motion reveals his location. He's dressed in a camouflaged jacket and trousers, breaking his outline and blending him into the background. Senshi must've walked just few feet past him and looked over his exact position several times without realizing anyone was there.

The speaker pulls down the hood of his jacket, revealing a head with a gaunt male face and brown hair. He points past Senshi, into the blank whiteness before the cliff. "It's a pretty impressive trip from there to here. Why'd you make it?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Cemetery]
    [Mortal World]
    Cemetery

"The transition to desk work is...jarring. The bureaucracy of Las Noches is highly efficient, as such things go, but a hierarchy determined by personal strength leaves some flaws in management skill at the upper levels. The system has needed to change to meet the needs of its pieces just as often as the reverse."

Jehoel checks his phone, then begins walking towards the exit of the cemetery.

"A significant portion of the Royal Guard's power and influence come from the reputation of mystery and legend they bear. By defeating the Weapon, your commander has cracked that aura. At the same time, he began to try to assert his dominance over Wan Li Lin almost immediately, before turning to violence when words proved ineffective. Simply put, he has demonstrated a complete lack of regard for the authority of the Zero Squad. They will respond in kind. A show of force, first, followed by an aggressive negotiation of some type. Given the personalities involved, I would expect violence will not be the first tool they turn to, but if further provoked they will not shy from it."
    Masaru follows, a bit behind and to the right.

"If nothing else I've been given some useful technological aids recently. As for the Royal Guard...that is some useful insight. I've never met any of them, but it sounds like you have some experience with at least some of them. Zero Squad is...myth, around here. Was myth, I suppose."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meawhile
    [Royal Realm, King's Realm]
    [Royal Guard's Palace]

A meeting had been called of all of Zero Squad. As the members filed in, they would note two things.

Firstly, the complete absence of the Red Pheasant. Normally the swift dagger of the Soul King was extremely prompt, and typically rather early, to meetings of the whole of Zero Squad.

The second, and perhaps more alarming thing, was that Masamune, the Black Tortoise King, Creator of Zanpakutou, Forger Of Asauchi, Royal Smith, and nominally the leader of the Zero Squad, the Royal Guard, was not dressed in work clothes or his "fun" clothes, but the full majesty of his Shihakushō, his whole outfit gleaming, so clean and well-looking it was. His eyes were sharp, goggles were nowhere to be found, and his posture was straight without being stiff.

Oh, and he was at his full, true height, his body clearly all but rippling with muscle, and the air felt thick with the slowly-circling current of his Reiatsu's presence.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

[Royal Realm]
    (Royal Guard's Palace)

There's a slow tapping in the quiet hall as someone walks in.

Kusuma might not be as tall as the Black Tortoise King, but that isn't to say he wasn't imposing in his own right. His zero squad shihakusho is loosely open enough to reveal his chest, scarred, tan and muscular as it is (this seems to be a theme). And... he's reading a book. And wearing some manner of hat.

"Oi, old man, don't you know you're taking me from my studies? What's so important now? Is the world ending?" Cocky as ever. Of course the 'old man' was in jest, of course.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler
    Show
    [Soul Society]
    (Koutetsu Holdings - Meeting Room)

Momoka quirks a small smile. "Indeed not. So to make up for lost time... I realize that there are ceremonies we will need to perform before I am made whole. But at the very least we can prepare for the decrees I wish to make."

"First of all - I would instate Gwynned of Minami district as a full ward of the Tsuyoi clan, and more than that, due to her place as a leader of the former rebels of the Rukon and member of the Mining Union, I would request she be given special consideration as the next in line should I fall in the line of my duty." Gwynned spittakes a bit as she makes a negating motion, but Momoka looks back to her.

"Now hold on, Yuki - or Momoka or Junko or whatever you're goin' by - I didn't sign u-"

"...with all due respect, dearest sister, you were fighting a losing battle. You can do so much more for your people by working with the system. Improving upon it. You can do so much more as a leader than as a martyr." Gwynned is stayed, but still looks reluctant. "I ask again, as the sister you knew - trust me."

Gwynned is quiet, but sighs and... gives a noncommittal shrug. "...fine, whatever."

Momoka nods and turns back, closing her eyes for a moment, breathing, and regaining her composure. She looks rather regal, really, in a certain light. "...the second, I would like to announce my engagement to Hishikawa Setsurou, to bring our two families together and strengthen them through marital bonds."

Gwynned spittakes again. But she doesn't have anything to say this time, just staring at Momoka in disbelief.
    The representatives watch the exchange neutrally, before looking at Setsurou following Momoka's announcement. An honorable martial tradition has been an ingrained part of the identity of House Tsuyoi since its inception; correspondingly, they have always looked at Setsurou's house with barely-concealed contempt for their own history. A knife in the back or whisper in the ear is all too easily mistaken for cowardice or weakness.

Thankfully, that house is long dead. Pride is the first thing to go when survival is on the line. The leader of the representatives turns to the scribe.

"Make a record of it. And get everything we need started when we return."

He looks back at Momoka.

"Do you have any more announcements?"

Spoiler
    Show
    [Cemetery]
    Masaru follows, a bit behind and to the right.

"If nothing else I've been given some useful technological aids recently. As for the Royal Guard...that is some useful insight. I've never met any of them, but it sounds like you have some experience with at least some of them. Zero Squad is...myth, around here. Was myth, I suppose."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meawhile
    [Royal Guard's Palace]

A meeting had been called of all of Zero Squad. As the members filed in, they would note two things.

Firstly, the complete absence of the Red Pheasant. Normally the swift dagger of the Soul King was extremely prompt, and typically rather early, to meetings of the whole of Zero Squad.

The second, and perhaps more alarming thing, was that Masamune, the Black Tortoise King, Creator of Zanpakutou, Forger Of Asauchi, Royal Smith, and nominally the leader of the Zero Squad, the Royal Guard, was not dressed in work clothes or his "fun" clothes, but the full majesty of his Shihakushō, his whole outfit gleaming, so clean and well-looking it was. His eyes were sharp, goggles were nowhere to be found, and his posture was straight without being stiff.

Oh, and he was at his full, true height, his body clearly all but rippling with muscle, and the air felt thick with the slowly-circling current of his Reiatsu's presence.
    Seireitei
    Cemetery Exterior

Jehoel nods.

"I have, to my knowledge, met all of them on at least one occasion. Albeit, not all of them civil. The Pheasant, in particular, nearly killed me at one time. It has, however, been centuries since I last interacted with any of them in any meaningful way. Time and isolation change people. For that is what they are: people. Shinigami. Little different from yourself other than in age and experience."

Royal Realm
    Meeting Chamber of the Royal Guard

The Yellow Ki-Rin Empress is the third of the Royal Guard to arrive, dressed in the full ceremonial garb of her station. She moves with a rigid, formal precision, but that's nothing new; if she has any personal reaction to the recent events in the world below, she is providing no indication of it. Such a display would, of course, be unfitting of her station, at least in her own opinion.

"The current Captain Commander of the Soul Society has initiated an insurrection against our authority. The end of the world is a long distance down that causal chain, but it is there."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society, Cemetery]

"Ain't that the truth. Seems like they take forever to change compared to us mortals though."

Right about now, Hasunaga has recovered enough of his spiritual power that he at least looks like he's in his early twenties. Seems he's borrowed a kimono and some sandals as well, while carrying two bottles of sake.

"Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt. I'm just... looking for a friend's grave, and I've never been to this cemetery before."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Senshi's inner world]

"You scream like a little girl, you know", comes a reply seemingly out of nowhere. Then the speaker stands up and his motion reveals his location. He's dressed in a camouflaged jacket and trousers, breaking his outline and blending him into the background. Senshi must've walked just few feet past him and looked over his exact position several times without realizing anyone was there.

The speaker pulls down the hood of his jacket, revealing a head with a gaunt male face and brown hair. He points past Senshi, into the blank whiteness before the cliff. "It's a pretty impressive trip from there to here. Why'd you make it?"
    Senshi looks offended at the little girl comment. He looks like he's abut to reply but thinks better of it. He looks out at the open expanse for a few seconds before opening his arms and replying to the question. "Because it was there." He poses for a few more seconds, before swivelling his head in the direction of the... whatever he is. "By the way, who are you?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Cemetery]
    Seireitei
    Cemetery Exterior

Jehoel nods.

"I have, to my knowledge, met all of them on at least one occasion. Albeit, not all of them civil. The Pheasant, in particular, nearly killed me at one time. It has, however, been centuries since I last interacted with any of them in any meaningful way. Time and isolation change people. For that is what they are: people. Shinigami. Little different from yourself other than in age and experience."
    Masaru shrugged.

"Insight and information are still insight and information. If they're still people and not strange otherworldly things, then we can at least get a guesstimate going. Though honestly in some ways the sheer scale of time we're discussing at this point is a bit fascinating."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Soul Society, Cemetery]

"Ain't that the truth. Seems like they take forever to change compared to us mortals though."

Right about now, Hasunaga has recovered enough of his spiritual power that he at least looks like he's in his early twenties. Seems he's borrowed a kimono and some sandals as well, while carrying two bottles of sake.

"Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt. I'm just... looking for a friend's grave, and I've never been to this cemetery before."
    Masaru raised an eyebrow at the seemingly-young man in front of him.

"If you tell us who you're looking for we may be able to help you. I'm not sure we've met, I'm Captain Hiraku Masaru of the Combat Division. This is Primera Espada Jehoel Yurius of Las Noches.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Royal Guard's Palace]
    [Royal Realm]
    (Royal Guard's Palace)

There's a slow tapping in the quiet hall as someone walks in.

Kusuma might not be as tall as the Black Tortoise King, but that isn't to say he wasn't imposing in his own right. His zero squad shihakusho is loosely open enough to reveal his chest, scarred, tan and muscular as it is (this seems to be a theme). And... he's reading a book. And wearing some manner of hat.

"Oi, old man, don't you know you're taking me from my studies? What's so important now? Is the world ending?" Cocky as ever. Of course the 'old man' was in jest, of course.
    Royal Realm
    Meeting Chamber of the Royal Guard

The Yellow Ki-Rin Empress is the third of the Royal Guard to arrive, dressed in the full ceremonial garb of her station. She moves with a rigid, formal precision, but that's nothing new; if she has any personal reaction to the recent events in the world below, she is providing no indication of it. Such a display would, of course, be unfitting of her station, at least in her own opinion.

"The current Captain Commander of the Soul Society has initiated an insurrection against our authority. The end of the world is a long distance down that causal chain, but it is there."
    The Black Tortoise King waited until the others had filed into the meeting room, before tapping the floor with the cane-form of Seitou. The sound echoed in the room before he spoke. His tone was all-business.

"The Ki-Rin Empress has the sum of it. Though there are more factors than that. Soul Society changed positions, an occurrence that in other circumstances may have been somewhat desirable, but was apparently unintended. There is talk of peace with Hollows. Upheaval in the Noble Courts. A degraded state among the Gotei. And then, when the Red Pheasant went to investigate, a fight. Instead of negotiation, the current Commander-General fought, and defeated, the Red Pheasant. This is not a state of affairs we can afford to ignore. We will prepare an expedition, and we will set right the blade that has begun to warp. All it will take, is some heat and some pressure."

He looks around the table for a few moments, his gaze sharp and unyielding.

"I will lead the group that goes to Soul Society. I will order none of you to come, but not all of us can go. Who would step forth to take part in this effort, this....disciplining?"

Masamune feels confident that Kusuma will volunteer. Beyond that, likely the Empress, but not for sure, and the others less sure still.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

[Senshi's Inner World]

Senshi looks offended at the little girl comment. He looks like he's abut to reply but thinks better of it. He looks out at the open expanse for a few seconds before opening his arms and replying to the question. "Because it was there." He poses for a few more seconds, before swivelling his head in the direction of the... whatever he is. "By the way, who are you?"
    "No-one", the man replies. He looks at Senshi appraisingly. " 'Because it was there'? You sure? Could've sworn you came here looking for somebody." He nods towards the collapsed pile of armor.

---

[Royal Realm]

Zheng Li Lin is present. Physically, at least. The Green Dragon doesn't seem to have much interest in either following or adding to the conversation. "I am the Royal Healer. If someone needs to be healed, send a summons for me. For anything else, I can't be bothered."

24. - Top - End - #294

NecromancerGuy

Senshi's Inner World

Senshi shrugs. "Not really. I was just walking towards the most interesting thing in sight. I've never seen a mountain before in this place. Also, how can you be nobody? Nobody's nobody. Everbody's somebody, and therefore nobody is... Nobody!" Senshi pauses, having confused himself.

"What was I talking about again?"
    Last edited by King539; 2017-01-19 at 11:08 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

The man chuckles. "You were talking about the mountain. You say you've never seen it in this place." He spreads his arms and spins around. "Pray tell me, what do you think 'this place' is?"

26. - Top - End - #296

NecromancerGuy

Senshi shrugs. "It's obvious, isn't it? This is my inner world, my mindscape, my... brain-planet." Brain-planet sounded way better in his head.

"Anyway, since you're in here, that means that you're a concept of my mind or a... Oh. Oooooooooohhhhhhhh! You're the spirit of that weird sword, aren't you?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

"No", the man says, then shrugs. "Though I suppose you are excused for jumping to that conclusion. You've only seen him once, after all, while he was wearing mask." The main smiles faintly, walking across the cliff. "He is a cold-blooded killer, thirsty for blood. I am, by comparison, much more pleasant to have around, though I admit it's not a high bar to pass."

The man walks past Senshi, hands behind his back, stopping at the edge of the cliff. "You are right that this is your mind. But is your mind you? What if someone took a piece of the outside world and hid it here? Or took a piece of your mind and... well, hid it somewhere else? What if this my mind as well, despite the fact that I'm not you? What if...?"

The man's voice trails off. For a moment, he just stares dowm the mountain side.

Then, he lets out a little laugh. "Well what do you know. Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear."

If Senshi looks down the cliff, he will see a familiar form, its face obscured by a black-and-white mask, its uniform the opposite colours of his, a strange haori hanging from its shoulders.

It is still ways off, walking towards them along the footsteps Senshi left in the snow. But if Senshi looks at it for more than five seconds, it will start running...

28. - Top - End - #298

NecromancerGuy

Senshi adopts a ready stance, facing the approaching spirit. "You... I know you... Where from? No matter." Senshi glances towards the man. "If this guy is as evil as you say, this will probably turn into a fight. You ready?" If Senshi has his sword on him he draws it. If not, he sees if any nearby swords have a thin enough coating of ice to be usable as weapons.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

[Royal Guard's Palace]

The Black Tortoise King waited until the others had filed into the meeting room, before tapping the floor with the cane-form of Seitou. The sound echoed in the room before he spoke. His tone was all-business.

"The Ki-Rin Empress has the sum of it. Though there are more factors than that. Soul Society changed positions, an occurrence that in other circumstances may have been somewhat desirable, but was apparently unintended. There is talk of peace with Hollows. Upheaval in the Noble Courts. A degraded state among the Gotei. And then, when the Red Pheasant went to investigate, a fight. Instead of negotiation, the current Commander-General fought, and defeated, the Red Pheasant. This is not a state of affairs we can afford to ignore. We will prepare an expedition, and we will set right the blade that has begun to warp. All it will take, is some heat and some pressure."

He looks around the table for a few moments, his gaze sharp and unyielding.

"I will lead the group that goes to Soul Society. I will order none of you to come, but not all of us can go. Who would step forth to take part in this effort, this....disciplining?"

Masamune feels confident that Kusuma will volunteer. Beyond that, likely the Empress, but not for sure, and the others less sure still.
    Kusuma has a seat as he listens, book folded open pages-down as he parses this. "...hn. These kids today. I'd have thought someone from the Green Dragon's time would have a bit more sense?" It's only a light jab at Zheng. He does seem mildly concerned in his own way.

"It would be a sorry discipline group to lack the Royal Executioner. Whether or not any necks need to be lopped." Ah, there he goes, being way too casual about his job again. Honestly though, it's probably just a coping mechanism.

Or he's a sociopath.

[Soul Society]
    (Koutetsu Holding - Meeting Room)

"I've none, save requesting a celebration of my engagement. As well as my return. The rebirth of house Tsuyoi. Setsurou, does this sound agreeable? Seeing as your family may need shoulder the burden for such an event. I believe it would be best to show solidarity with the disenfranchised masses that Gwynned represents."

Gwynned snorts, crossing her arms. "...they've no love for the nobles, they might think it's a trap. Especially if you invite the Koutetsu."

"...of course they will be invited. It is in all of our best interests to bury this conflict and work together to build our future." Gwynned starts, but Momoka shoots her a surprisingly deft glare. "...and I will have order. There will be no mercy for any who instigate a skirmish." She looks to Azuma as well, nodding with that statement. She seems sincere enough. However this likely also extends to his family.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

[Senshi's inner world]

Senshi adopts a ready stance, facing the approaching spirit. "You... I know you... Where from? No matter." Senshi glances towards the man. "If this guy is as evil as you say, this will probably turn into a fight. You ready?" If Senshi has his sword on him he draws it. If not, he sees if any nearby swords have a thin enough coating of ice to be usable as weapons.
    There's just one sword nearby: the katana Subete no Bureto's armor was leaning against. Senshi grabs it without difficulty.

"No, you do not know me", the man states. "You have not, and probably will not, see me outside this place. Also..." the man glances at Senshi, "... why should I prepare to fight. It's not me he's coming for. Really, I'm not sure you should fight either. You could flee higher up the mountain. Or even jump down. Or grovel on the ground and beg for mercy. Lots of options, really."

Senshi has some long, awkward minutes to think about that. The approaching figure disappears behind some rock formations as it runs up the mountain side, then reappears again. Soon, it will be on the cliff.