New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

I agree, very much stylish and cool cyberpunk whatsits.

I do really have a soft spot for these games that have a conceit for the video-game-y stuff like new games/retries whatever.

Also, really, really like the music.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-01-15 at 10:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

I'm reminded of Super Hot... mostly because of the "playback without extras" thing at the end.

(If you aren't familiar, Super Hot is an FPS where time only progresses while you're moving. It's... impressive.)
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I'm reminded of Super Hot... mostly because of the "playback without extras" thing at the end.

(If you aren't familiar, Super Hot is an FPS where time only progresses while you're moving. It's... impressive.)
    SUPER

HOT

(I'm well aware of and love the **** out of Super Hot)
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-01-15 at 03:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

I've seen Katana Zero played before. it can get dark, thats all I'm saying, at least from what I've seen. though cyberpunk is already dark so *shrug*.....I have it on my steam wishlist but haven't felt like going after it yet. I'm more focused on playing and finishing the games I already have. it is cool and I like katanas, ninjas and cyberpunk this is my kind of edgy cool meta jam, I just want to get other stuff done before getting into newer things or I'd just put them off endlessly.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #215
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    see this is why I find this premise hilarious, for this Zelda game, they have to make train conductors the chosen one thats just absurd.
    [...]
    a tank might be better than a train but a probably less funny because, the train has this inherent train track awkwardness to it that make you question whether this is really necessary or not.
    This concept was ultimately the result of the Zelda series' (thankfully temporary) fixation on using a mode of transport to cross large empty areas. It started with Ocarina of Time, with the large empty Hyrule field you ride Epona around in, but it wasn't too bad there. But then it was a boat across an ocean in Wind Waker, a horse across large empty fields in Twilight Princess, a boat across the ocean again in Phantom Hourglass, the train in Spirit Tracks, and finally a bird around an empty sky in Skyward Sword. I guess the design thought was that it made the games feel more grand & epic if Link was crossing large distances, but filling those distances with stuff to explore & interact with took too much time to implement and/or the systems didn't have enough juice to render, so they were empty, which was boring to run across, so they gave you a mode of transport. Then the games started to focus more on the transport, and they didn't want to retread.

So we eventually got to trains. While I personally love trains, even I have to agree that it didn't quite fit the theme of Zelda exploration. Horse, boat, bird; those represent freedom to go explore uncharted territories anywhere you want. Trains on preset tracks instead represent going to places that others have already mapped out -- it would have been cool to build your own tracks. Also, on the other games you generally have the freedom to hop off your transport at anytime & control normally, or you're moving about in an area that you can't walk on foot, which helps justify the vehicle/mount. With the train, you can't hop out, and in most cases you're going through areas that look like Link could just go about on foot anyways. I think it would have been better if the train areas were zoomed out more & the train went faster, i.e. you were travelling much further distances to justify needing to use the train. Or maybe the ground was cursed, and you had to use a train to get around or die?

It's a shame, because outside of the boring & repetitive train sections (and the DS meant that we didn't even have beautiful scenery to look at), I really liked this game. Zelda is one of the more interesting companions, the dungeons are well-designed & tightly-paced, great soundtrack, the touch controls were refined more from Phantom Hourglass (which already worked surprisingly well -- why haven't the DS Zeldas been ported to phones yet?), and the entire final boss sequence is one of my favourites, presentation & theme wise. But the amount of time wasted watching the train chugging, and the stupid grind for train parts, makes me uninterested in replaying the game.

Still, I'm glad Zeldas are no longer focused on their mode-of-transport. Heck, Breath of the Wild was almost the opposite: you used horses when you just wanted to get somewhere for the first time (as opposed to exploring the whole entire area on foot), then warped to places you'd already been to. If you used horses in that game, it was usually for fun, not because it the only way to get around.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    SUPER

HOT

(I'm well aware of and love the **** out of Super Hot)
    My fault for missing that one - which is weird, because Super Hot is always a fun time.

I kinda wish you had remembered your slo-mo earlier in Katana Zero, if only because I think seeing really tricky and technical things played back at full speed is awesome.

What I guess I'm saying is "full Let's Play when?"
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

There are ways of making her play stuff.
    (Patreon incentive, to be clear.)

8. - Top - End - #218

My fault for missing that one - which is weird, because Super Hot is always a fun time.

I kinda wish you had remembered your slo-mo earlier in Katana Zero, if only because I think seeing really tricky and technical things played back at full speed is awesome.

As DataNinja said, though Katana Zero is DEFINITELY a game I would do an LP of. It rules and I love it.

That being said... I'm REALLY bad at using the time slow. I actually got to the point of being able to reflect bullets out of time slow because I just kept on forgetting to use it.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    There are ways of making her play stuff.
    (Patreon incentive, to be clear.)
    Alas, I already have grad school eating money out of my account at a stupidly fast rate, so I can't afford to give any away.

And now I will be shunned out of the thread.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

Katana Zero vaguely reminds me of a game called Ronin that I saw a few years ago.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Katana Zero vaguely reminds me of a game called Ronin that I saw a few years ago.
    Ronin is my next LP, so prepare to see it again

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Alas, I already have grad school eating money out of my account at a stupidly fast rate, so I can't afford to give any away.

Don't worry, that's a feeling that I'm sure a lot of us can sympathise with. It's all good, you're cool. We don't shun.

Okay, you might be shunned if you abhor Zelda or something.

13. - Top - End - #223

I will never shun you or anyone*

And yeah, don't worry about giving money or anything. It's not necessary~

unless you're being a dip****.

14. - Top - End - #224

Gon-goroooon, time for a new Zeldo

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [20] Temple of Fire

Video Length: 22:01

In this video, we return to Goron Village to investigate how to open the Fire Temple. A relatively simple thing, hunting down Snurglers and honking at them real hard. But the execution of this is actually really good, if I do say so. I like this one! It's not the relatively simple "just drive to them" of the Forest and Snow temples, and not the agonizing long form hell of the Ocean Temple.

Once the keys are obtained, we can go into the Fire Temple proper, which is probably my favorite dungeon? What can I say, mine carts and gamera style turtles are the best. Also we get the Bow, which is almost always one of my favorite items in these games. The bow is just really fun, and in a game controlled by touch it's actually rather effective since there's not MANY ways you can mess it up.

A bit of a short update, but that's how things go sometimes. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

I've always really liked the unique little tune that these guys have - you never hear it at any other point in the game.

Not much else to comment besides the fact that, hey, I feel like these puzzles are good, even the miniboss. It's not immediately obvious what you need to do, but you can figure it out on accident even if you're stuck.

Spoiler: Wascally Wabbits
    Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    7 South of Rabbitland Rescue
    8 East of Ocean Sanctuary
    9 Southeast of Whistle Maze
    10 Northwest of Whistle Maze
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    12 North of Papuchia

16. - Top - End - #226

Let's continue us a dungeon, shall we?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [21] Cragma

Video Length: 24:59

In this episode, we continue to push through the Fire Temple. It's honestly rather simple a dungeon; standard "hit these in order" puzzles, some trick shot arrow orb puzzles (the trickiest of which involves making use of lava geysers, which is cool) and generally just dealing with basic enemies like Stalfos and miniboss-turned-enemies like Heatoise. There isn't much to talk about with this dungeon, beyond the fact that it's just really well made. The final puzzle involves timing mine cart track switches to get both you and the boss key to the boss cube at the end of the dungeon at the same time, and that's honestly rather slick and cool. That being said I do however have one question; how do I get that stamp machine? I have no idea!

As for the boss, Cragma is actually really cool a fight. He's relatively simple, much like his own temple, and the use of mine carts makes him feel really dynamic as you make your way up his body, shooting him in his glowing weakspots to bleed him dry of lava. The only real negative of this fight is that if you DO mess up and run out of arrows while on the track, you are forced to take damage and that sucks. There should be a way to refill while up on the tracks, and it should be more that if you're out of arrows he can start to catch up and threatens TO hit you. That being said you also only have to do two loops and that's an absolute godsend, AND your progress is saved even if you run out of arrows and get knocked down which rules. It's almost like this game has good boss design or something.

With Cragma dead, the Fire Temple Force Gem is restored, and seemingly the last piece of the Tower of Spirits is back where it is meant to be! Which means that, on the surface at least, we're going to the end game! I don't imagine it'll be that simple though, for a number of reasons. Ah well; I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (16)
    Show
    Late video because I was ****ing slammered last night in terms of sleepiness.

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [16] Bird O' Clock

Video Length: 23:42

In this episode, we do some quick stamp collecting at the Ocean Temple, Ocean Sanctuary, and the village whose name I forget. Of course I say "quick" but in the case of at least the village, quick is anything but what it actually is. With our whip we can do a lot of cool stuff, and unfortunately calling in Carben's bird friends is one of them. It's... not a very good call, because unlike what you'd expect these are not guys we swing from, but instead things we hold onto as they transport us. This isn't necessarily bad, except... as you can see in the village, sometimes it's unclear what the right bird is!

To put it mildly, it was a little frustrating, and it kinda negatively impacted me for the rest of the video. Not in like a signifigent way, but enough to make me ramble on a bit about how the train portion of the game is kinda dull. Which don't get me wrong; I like the train riding, and it does have depth, it's just that each realm has its threats, and it never really changes things up, and it seems at least to me like they always show up in the same exact spots. It is the unfortunate curse of trains; they are on rails, so things stay perhaps a bit too consistent. Phantom Hourglass's steam ship was kinda awful and rough to deal with, but there was some degree of variety there. For good or ill.

That all aside, we end off at the Tower of Spirits, getting ready for our next excursion into the place. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time. Take care!

Honestly, guessing at a secret wall and the whole process to get to the stamps is just cool content. I'm going to give you a +1 to your style points for it.

LMAO, the bird dragging you along the cliff till you fell off. Reminds me of riding a donkey in greece where the ass tried to rub me off on a fence. I love that it made you have to use resetting to avoid dealing with bird nonsense any longer.

When you're going north toward the tower, it seems highly strange that the designers of this rail would turn directly away from land, and choose to continue a rail above the water. This whole rail system is incredibly unsafe. RIP all the trains who were on the ocean tracks when the tracks disappeared...

I see what you mean about the train vs boat. The boat at least you could draw the path you took. This you're limited to the path along actual tracks, so less creative and more of a rail and shoot (like one of those arcade games - house of the dead 17 or whatever).

EPISODE 16 KILL TALLY!

Cannon Boat - 12
    Lobarrier - 6
    Red Octoroks - 5

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 16)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 3
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 17
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Key Master - 12
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 35
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 1
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Bulblin, Archer - 8
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 4

Lizal
    Geozard - 1
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 2
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 34
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantoms - 3

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Total Things Dead - 418

1st Place - Miniblins, at 57!
    2nd Place - Red Spinenuts, at 39!
    3rd Place - Blastworms, at 37!

Total Style Points - 9

Total Missed Rupees - 3
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2020-01-20 at 10:11 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (17)
    Show
    *crackles knuckles* time to climb us a spirit tower again.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [17] Teleportals

Video Length: 31:27

Bit of a long one, due to my complete and total inability to understand exactly one (1) puzzle. In this time, we climb up to the latest block of the Tower of Spirits and begin to cut our way through it's puzzles. Phantom Eyes are back, and they respawn now! Both a good and bad thing in my opinion, though combining the Phantom Eyes seemingly exclusively with Warp Phantom's cuts down on their danger signifigently... but then the fact that this has no time limit means they can be stringent with the safe zones, making them more dangerous again. A lot of stuff to consider! Annoyingly the Phantom's attacks still send you back to the start of the room, which doesn't really make sense anymore with the time limit being gone.

Anyway, we deal with a fair number of puzzles here, all of which are rather elaborate parts of one big chain, and some of which I either missed or did not understand because we couldn't get that chest on the first floor! The one thing I can elaborate on though is Zelda's Warp Phantom possession. That's pretty cool, not giving us full range to teleport like the actual Warp Phantom's, but giving us a version that emphasizes it's use in puzzle solving! And speaking of puzzle solving... the one I did at the end there I genuinely do not know if I did the intended way or not. I realized during editing that I probably could have used the pots I smashed, but... otherwise, I'm not sure!

Anyway, that's it for today. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time. Take care!

Honestly, it seems that warp phantoms only warp to where an eye is anyway, so essentially its the same mechanic.

Honestly, I liked the puzzles and I prefer the solution you found to the whirlwind thing, because it seems cooler to drown warp phantoms than it does to gust eyes. I'm sorry it gave you so much trouble, but I'm glad you figured out a way forward! Also, I don't mind you venting frustration. Each person has an opinion for a game, and its nice to see honest reaction rather than composed tolerance. That's my two cents, though.

EPISODE 17 KILL TALLY!

Phantom Eye - 22
    Metal Chuchu - 4
    Geozard - 1

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 17)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 3
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 17
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Key Master - 12
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 35
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 1
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Bulblin, Archer - 8
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 4

Lizal
    Geozard - 2
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 2
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 34
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 22
    Phantoms - 3

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Total Things Dead - 445

Total Style Points - 9

Total Missed Rupees - 3
    Total Lost Rupees - 0

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

19. - Top - End - #229

I try my hardest to be truthful with my reactions to games. Some friends have accused me of being soft, or having jelly bones, but I'm definitely not that.

I'm just accepting of a great deal of flaws if I personally have enjoyment.

Spirit Tracks is pushing it, just a little bit . The last area has been pretty good beyond introducing the second type of sidequest in the game.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

I love the arrow redirecters. They're clever, and allow setting up some neat puzzles - especially because the in-arrow direction doesn't matter, so you have far less puzzle frustration. Especially since the boomerang can be used to play around with them at ranges.

Generic "'Treasure' Chests" are all randomized, but are set to a certain "Tier" of rewards. So in each playthrough, you'll get a different selection, but they'll all be the same rarity. I think only Tier 1 drops are pot/leaf drops. With Demon Fossils being rarely dropped.

For the Fire Temple Stamp, there's a hidden switch in one of the lower corners, IIRC, that you need to hit with arrows when you're coming towards the Stamp on the minecart. This is, also if I recall correctly, the trickiest stamp in the game.

Cragma is cool. I just love this fight. It's so cinematic. Also, a fun fact is that he's the only Spirit Tracks Boss to get official artwork in the game's promotion (or since, I think).
    Spoiler: Art
    Show

I don't mind the forced damage if you run out of arrows, because it's not that much, and it only happens, really, if you run out. It's the thing that stops it from being just another 'shoot the targets' minecart ride. You need to do it all cleanly, or else you get punished by the boss. I do admit that 20 arrows can make it rather tight, though. (I do seem to remember the big quiver being seen, though, so you could leave the Temple, grind/sell for that, and come back.)

Spoiler: Wascally Wabbits
    Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    7 South of Rabbitland Rescue
    8 East of Ocean Sanctuary
    9 Southeast of Whistle Maze
    10 Northwest of Whistle Maze
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    12 North of Papuchia

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Though (18)
    Show
    LATE BIDEO ZODI BAD!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [18] Go Go Goron

Video Length: 25:27

In this episode we finish up the spirit tower chunk we're in and head off to the fire realm. We meet Gorons, lava, and battle tanks! I don't remember any of the actual details beyond like, the scantest amounts since oooops I forgot to edit and upload and post this video today since I dead ass thought it was Thursday this morning.

Hope you all enjoy! Take care.

Oh goodness, late zodi!

Yo, burn and Anjean showdown? I really wanted to see that, why you cut away?! Also, that he might have lost his ARM to her last time makes me want to see it that much more...

Gorons! Yeaaaaaaah. I just miss the Zora... but bird people now...so alas.

EPISODE 18 KILL TALLY!

Phantom Eye - 3
    Warp Phantom - 1
    Bulblin Archer - 1
    Bulbos - 2
    Sir Frosty - 5
    Pirate Tank - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 18)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 3
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 19
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Key Master - 12
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 40
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 1
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Bulblin, Archer - 9
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 4

Lizal
    Geozard - 2
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 2
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 34
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 3
    Phantoms, Warp - 1

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 3

Total Things Dead - 460

Total Style Points - 9

Total Missed Rupees - 3
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2020-01-21 at 01:15 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Generic "'Treasure' Chests" are all randomized, but are set to a certain "Tier" of rewards. So in each playthrough, you'll get a different selection, but they'll all be the same rarity. I think only Tier 1 drops are pot/leaf drops. With Demon Fossils being rarely dropped.

For the Fire Temple Stamp, there's a hidden switch in one of the lower corners, IIRC, that you need to hit with arrows when you're coming towards the Stamp on the minecart. This is, also if I recall correctly, the trickiest stamp in the game.

Cragma is cool. I just love this fight. It's so cinematic. Also, a fun fact is that he's the only Spirit Tracks Boss to get official artwork in the game's promotion (or since, I think).
    Spoiler: Art
    Show
    Please tell the DM to give me new dice I keep rolling exclusively twos.

Thanks, that'll help me immensely.

Cragma's art is so damn cool. While the in game is less impressive, for sure, the art is exceptional.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Yo, burn and Anjean showdown? I really wanted to see that, why you cut away?! Also, that he might have lost his ARM to her last time makes me want to see it that much more...
    Guarantee, if they tried to render it, it would just be disappointing. One may want to see it, but, man, they couldn't do it justice on this system.

Please tell the DM to give me new dice I keep rolling exclusively twos.

Thanks, that'll help me immensely.

Cragma's art is so damn cool. While the in game is less impressive, for sure, the art is exceptional.
    I know that feeling. All my damage dice in D&D thought they were d2s.

Fire Stamp was the last one I ended up getting. It's... a fun one.

The art doesn't have multiple glowing weakspots all over telling you where to shoot. Just the one. So, that already makes it more intimidating.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zoid's Trains of Thought (19)
    Show
    It's time for further zeld.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [19] Ice and Embers

Video Length: 35:04

In this exciting video, we do the needful to make Mega Ice accessible, hauling an anouki all the way to the wellspring station. Because we don't want goo covered ice for... reasons I cannot understand. Then we get the Mega Ice ourselves so we can transport it to the Goron Village. Twenty units in total, and it'll start to melt once we're out of the Snow Realm. If we take any harsh turns to fast we'll lose some ice, as well as if it we take damage from enemies. This isn't, necessarily, a bad minigame sort of activity... where it not for the fact that in terms of side quests, this is like 80% of them. It's either this or transporting a person from one location to the other, and often times doing one is just something you have to do in order to do the other. It's a level of variety that is... bad, for game enjoyment I think.

Making matters worse, after we DO bring the Mega Ice to Goron Village... the Goron's are lazy and don't actually finish their job, leaving another poor Goron homeless until we can bring another batch of at least ten Mega Ice units. How cruel. We tell the man we'll do this, but that'll be for later; we have a Locomo to find.

We make our way over to the Fire Sanctuary through the Elder Goron's house, fighting off falling rocks and cool Fire Baba enemies, until we get to a puzzle that has no real clear way to solve it, solved only because my first guess was right. Then we meet Embrose, the next of the Lokomos... and his monstrous song. I realize it may no look like much, but as you can see from the video length it takes a while to finish his flute segment, and I get a LITTLE saucy about it. I do finally get it, and with that the path to the Fire Temple is opened. We'll deal with that next time!

I hope you all enjoyed. I'll see you on the next one~.

Come back in a bit? Okay let me inspect my train real quick. So transportation of goods and people are the only side quests. Glad I don't own this game.

Forgive me, but was it possible to turn right in front of the dark train, since it wasn't moving?

Part of me wonders if the fire babas (so cool) can light those torches with their projectiles...

....theres a harder one... (mad cackles from zodi)

EPISODE 19 KILL TALLY!

Snurgle - 1
    Sir Frosty - 10
    Bulblin Archer - 1
    Bulbos - 6
    Fire Keese - 5
    Pot Like Like - 3
    Fire Baba - 7

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 5 (eeeeesh)

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 19)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 3
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 25
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Fire Baba - 7
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Key Master - 12
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 50
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 2
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Bulblin, Archer - 10
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 9

Lizal
    Geozard - 2
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 34
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 3
    Phantoms, Warp - 1

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 3

Total Things Dead - 493

2nd Place - Sir Frosty, at 50!
    3rd Place - Red Spinenuts, at 39!

Total Style Points - 9

Total Missed Rupees - 8
    Total Lost Rupees - 0

World Building Projects:
    Magic

25. - Top - End - #235

Don't know if the Fire Baba's can light torches, but I do know if you try to climb up the easy way that train WILL activate and start chasing you and it will be a near unavoidable head on collision. And even if it's not, now you got that guy following you while going through the longer route AND you've wasted some time with your Mega Ice.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

but I do know if you try to climb up the easy way that train WILL activate and start chasing you and it will be a near unavoidable head on collision. And even if it's not, now you got that guy following you while going through the longer route AND you've wasted some time with your Mega Ice.
    I don't believe the train keeps chasing you, it'll stop and return to its starting position once you get far enough away (or else you could simply try for a loop around it) - IIRC, it's the junction back to the snow realm or north. It basically just patrols that one stretch in defiance of all other Dark Train logic in order to be a roadblock. (I'd forgotten about it, honestly, and thought it was a rockfall or something that blocked the path.)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Episodes 20-21
    Show

Zodi likes skulls? has she become Vordred?

Zodi, do you just refer to anything positive as "X-friend"? come now, you barely know that arrow and they rapidly fired away from you, seems more of an arrow-acquaintance to me, didn't even stay to build a proper friendship, the cad. Went off to stick itself in some enticing target

yes, Link does go through much pain. he is the Hero of Courage after all. there is a joke I remember about it where it points out that Ganon and Zelda get the better triforce pieces while Link is stuck with the short end of the stick.

now bow-friend is more reasonable.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Episodes 20-21
    Show

Zodi, do you just refer to anything positive as "X-friend"? come now, you barely know that arrow and they rapidly fired away from you, seems more of an arrow-acquaintance to me, didn't even stay to build a proper friendship, the cad. Went off to stick itself in some enticing target
    Pretty sure 'Arrow friend' referred to the arrow-redirecter.

29. - Top - End - #239

Surprise it's a video!

Zodi Plays: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes [1] Boom

Video Length: 42:46

Em has roped me into another fun game where we learn things, like "what does the British Pound looks like" and "how fast can two friends of like ten years go for each other's throats at the drop of a hat"?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-01-22 at 11:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that was interesting. Communication is key, and laughing gets you killed.

You mentioning mods, and the difficulty with some of those tasks reminds me of reading of the mod where... well, I'll let you see for yourself what it uses for the word buttons.

"how fast can two friends of like ten years go for each other's throats at the drop of a hat"?
    The answer is "how fast can you boot up Mario Party?"