New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Tarot Club

1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Tarot Club

With a yawn and a stretch, the man reappears wearing the same clothes he laid down in. "Oof, that cot is simply not cutting it," he groans. "Well, I don't feel an awful lot better prepared to analyze the portents, and it'd be entirely too easy if the signs were straightforward...." He groans, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"There is clearly a strong pairing between Rogan and BatCatHat. Rogan has largely put himself on the line in a clear and undeniable attempt to defend BCH. That's seems outrageously bold for a pair of cads, suggesting either two friends or a well and truly duped ally instead. For that reason alone, I'm content to change my vote, but... to whom?"

- - - Updated - - -

He ponders for a few moments. "I was actually leaning towards Flat_Footed, but I find his continued distrust of me... believable. Obviously, it's not beyond an ill-wisher to latch onto uncertainty and cling to it when he knows I mean well, but this feels.... Not like that. I suppose that really only leaves one plausible fellow to vote, but I have... no strong suspicion against him...." A long, laborious sigh issues forth. "I have no greater play... So I apologize if your claim is genuine, CaoimhintheCape"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Gac3 is likely not coming back before the end of day, which kills a possible vote to save me, but my strongest wolf lean remains Farmerbink. I'd rather vote for a player I feel is suspicious, and that I've been saying so more or less, than vote of a semi-claimed role. I'll go back and read through their posts to see if I want to believe the claim, but nothing is popping out at me to deny it.
    Gotta say, that is not the vote move I expected from someone who was on the chopping block.

Right now, if I moved I'd make myself the lead wagon but if something else gains steam that can get 3 votes before deadline, I'll be your fourth.

Vote Count
    flat_footed (3): CaoimhinTheCape, Batcathat, Rogan
    Batcathat (2): Farmerbink, Opsimos
    Cape (3): Let'sGetKraken, 3SecondCultist, gac3
    Farmer Bink (1): flat_footed

- - - Updated - - -

Well, ninja'd by a vote for me so I guess I'm not moving right now.

Vote Count
    Batcathat (1): Opsimos
    Cape (4): Let'sGetKraken, 3SecondCultist, gac3, Farmerbink
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2022-08-24 at 09:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

With a groan, the man speaks up anew. "Nono, this is all wrong. Your actions and your words make perfect sense as I read it, Caoimhin. And I've seen this game before. No two things seem more alike right now than Opsimos this game, and Kraken the last. This feels strongly like advice from a recently successful villain to a new recruit. It's all gut, but it feels more right than anything else I can come up with."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    With a groan, the man speaks up anew. "Nono, this is all wrong. Your actions and your words make perfect sense as I read it, Caoimhin. And I've seen this game before. No two things seem more alike right now than Opsimos this game, and Kraken the last. This feels strongly like advice from a recently successful villain to a new recruit. It's all gut, but it feels more right than anything else I can come up with."
    Rogan, would you be comfortable wagoning Optismos or Bink here? Both of them are on my sus list and I am willing to switch. I will vote out Cao if I have to, since a survivor is a wild card at best (not to mention that they could hace latched onto the idea once you suggested it), but I would rather vote someone I think is suspicious. It still feels like we're voting flat because the two alternatives are better, but not because there are strong arguments he's a wolf.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-08-24 at 10:21 AM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
    Rogan, would you be comfortable wagoning Optismos or Bink here? Both of them are on my sus list and I am willing to switch. I will vote out Cao if I have to, since a survivor is a wild card at best (not to mention that they could hace latched onto the idea once you suggested it), but I would rather vote someone I think is suspicious. It still feels like we're voting flat because the two alternatives are better, but not because there are strong arguments he's a wolf.
    I will argue that I didn't just latch onto his idea - I gave hints early Day 1 and I've been consistent this whole game, long before Rogan suggested my role. I'm either the actual Survivor or a lying Wolf who planned this from the start.

But yeah, any wagon is fine by me so long as we get a second vote on any of them.

Vote Count
    Batcathat (1): Opsimos
    Opsimos (1): Farmerbink

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    At the very least, I see two options shaping up most strongly:

1: Rogan and BatCatHat are scumbuddies. These two are hard paired in my mind, and I think obviously should be for everyone. It's possible, maybe even probable they're town/town- but I can easily see this going one scum protecting another because they think we'll buy it.

2: Opsimos is leveraging his newness to basically not post suspicions. At the risk of seeming callous, even if he's genuine town, we gain little by keeping him alive. It's an imminently believable wolf play to conveniently add nothing to the solve attempts. I'm not sure who he would be partnered with, though I wouldn't put it past Kraken to throw him under the bus to save himself. It worked like a charm last game, right?

Edit: Distant third: Flat is wolf and sus primarily because of his position as a D1 wagon that was argued against. It strikes me as slim, and almost all of the late-day motivation fits squarely in the "self-preservation" category.

7. - Top - End - #247

I don't particularly love leaving a survivor alive - no offense, Cao, but no matter what assurances you provide you can't be relied upon to side with town later - but I agree with Rogan in that hitting a wolf is in fact better.

Opsimos, as I trust Bink marginally more than them.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-08-24 at 10:33 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Rogan and Cao, what you explained is very helpful to me and I appreciate it. I also feel like I didn't add much substance. Here's a start.

(1) I support that Cao is something like the Sheriff. I'm 60/40 that he accidentally or automatically killed bladescape when the latter attempted to scry him.

(2) Why did Farmerbink only interrogate BCH on his trust for Snowblaze after the night had passed? Did he learn something during the night? It can't be that he found out BCH is a wolf or he would not have pulled his vote away from him... I would be grateful for some additional substance. BCH was also on the wagon for Snowblaze with me, tied with Flat_Footed. He seems suspicious. But I agree that we could hold off voting him for now. If he is silenced in order to get lynched because he couldn't defend himself or because he found out about something important, that would be bad.

(3) For now, I'm pulling my vote to Flat_Footed because of the wagon on D1. If he is Town, the "vote Snowblaze to protect Flat_Footed" theory is false; if he is Evil, great. I'm not sure other lynch-candidates offer more. But I can see you voting me off because I haven't contributed too much. I'll promise to add more tomorrow. Please note that I may not be able to change this vote or make a long post today. But I'll do my best to change it if need be.

(4) Oh, I would be willing to claim if a wagon on me piles up. I can more or less prove my role. That way, maybe you could learn something from who wanted me to claim, as well?

(5) In the story, Door can mainly teleport around. Even the author found it difficult to write an interesting plot for the Door person. But looking again at the low-level abilities, I could be wrong. Sequence 7 could disguise and divine, S6 could copy an ability. If Book found something fitting for S9 and S8, maybe Door is in the game, after all.

(6) Only the Lawyer from the Black Emperor Pathway and the Midnight Poet from the Darkness Pathway come to mind for silencing people. Lawyers can brainwash someone. Poets can put people to sleep. The latter doesn't look like what happened to Flat_Footed. Other than that, weird ritual powers could potentially silence someone.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Opsimos View Post
    (2) Why did Farmerbink only interrogate BCH on his trust for Snowblaze after the night had passed? Did he learn something during the night? It can't be that he found out BCH is a wolf or he would not have pulled his vote away from him... I would be grateful for some additional substance. BCH was also on the wagon for Snowblaze with me, tied with Flat_Footed. He seems suspicious. But I agree that we could hold off voting him for now. If he is silenced in order to get lynched because he couldn't defend himself or because he found out about something important, that would be bad.
    "Allow me to explain. At current, Rogan has strongly bound himself to Batcat's fate. If it's a ploy from the villains, it's a dangerous ploy. If one is found, they are both found. I would be quite eager to see either of them comment on my suspicions and thoughts, but it appears the latter has been silenced, somehow. In point of fact, the apparent silence itself suggests he is a threat, and no one has claimed the power to do so, leading me to believe the threat he poses is to the hidden cads among us."

"I agree he was suspicious. I still disagree with his conclusions, but I no longer feel he is overly suspicious in light of Rogan's actions. I reserve the right to reconsider if I discover something else.... particularly damning."

Show
    Sunday afternoon IRL, I was driving from Lubbock, TX to San Antonio. With a 4 year old and a nearly 2 year old. And no other adult to spread the load. I actually failed to use my night action because I missed the night phase entirely. I'm frustrated, but the ship has sailed, so hopefully I'll have more concrete details to help guide my thoughts.

10. - Top - End - #250

(1) I support that Cao is something like the Sheriff. I'm 60/40 that he accidentally or automatically killed bladescape when the latter attempted to scry him.
    For however much you trust my word, I do not currently have an ability that will kill whoever visits me. As far as I know, bladescape dying was the Evil faction's kill.

Vote Count
    flat_footed (4): CaoimhinTheCape, Batcathat, Rogan, Opsimos

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    "Allow me to explain. At current, Rogan has strongly bound himself to Batcat's fate. If it's a ploy from the villains, it's a dangerous ploy. If one is found, they are both found. I would be quite eager to see either of them comment on my suspicions and thoughts, but it appears the latter has been silenced, somehow. In point of fact, the apparent silence itself suggests he is a threat, and no one has claimed the power to do so, leading me to believe the threat he poses is to the hidden cads among us."

"I agree he was suspicious. I no longer feel that way in light of Rogan's actions. I reserve the right to reconsider if I discover something else.... particularly damning."
    Ops examines the well-dressed Beyonder. "I concur. And I'll tell you that the silencer was not me. But why would you point this out so strongly only after dawn arrived?"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    For however much you trust my word, I do not currently have an ability that will kill whoever visits me. As far as I know, bladescape dying was the Evil faction's kill.
    "In addition, there was nothing to suggest a prevention of the villain's murderous attempts. The simplest answer remains the most probable, and today that appears to be that Bladescape was offed by our enemies, and Caoimhin is indeed a neutral survivor."

- - - Updated - - -

Ops examines the well-dressed Beyonder. "I concur. And I'll tell you that the silencer was not me. But why would you point this out so strongly only after dawn arrived?"
    Show
    Apologies for the confusion, I edited the post apparently while you were writing this one. I'll re-post it for clarity.

"I must have misunderstood your question I waited until after night as a function of simple inconvenience."

Show
    Sunday afternoon IRL, I was driving from Lubbock, TX to San Antonio. With a 4 year old and a nearly 2 year old. And no other adult to spread the load. I actually failed to use my night action because I missed the night phase entirely. I'm frustrated, but the ship has sailed, so hopefully I'll have more concrete details to help guide my thoughts.

13. - Top - End - #253

ClericGuy

So, I can't answer everything, cause there was quite a lot of activity.
    If I'm missing something, please ask again in bold or something, so it's easier to see.

The secret message of Bat was his color code. Quote the vote and you will see it.

I think, Ops is saying something which gives him some town points in my mind, although it won't lock him in as town. I'll give it a sanity check:
    Ops, can you tell me your target of last night, without naming the power or the result?

Assuming Ops does answer and it confirms my idea, I'm not going to vote him without evidence/hints against him. I'll have to admit that my theory can be wrong, because I'm working on unproven assumptions. I guess it is safe to say that I'm currently hoping that a wolf can't use a normal power and do a kill in the same night.

I'm surprised about flats vote, but it's a pleasant surprise. I had expected another vote for self defense.

I don't really like Krakens day 1 end, where he expected Snow to be town, but refused to vote in a way that would help her. It's worse if flat is a wolf. In fact, they might be our wolf team, but I've got nothing concrete on them.

I think it would be a good idea to do a mass claim d3 unless we get a wolf today.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

14. - Top - End - #254

The secret message of Bat was his color code. Quote the vote and you will see it.
    Just did and I see it, but I also noticed that vote is crossed out.

Vote Count
    flat_footed (4): CaoimhinTheCape, Rogan, Opsimos
    No Vote: Batcathat

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

@Rogan: My power found bladescape, BCH, and Cao doing something. More details if I have to claim.

16. - Top - End - #256

@Rogan: My power found bladescape, BCH, and Cao doing something. More details if I have to claim.
    I don't know that you need to claim anything more, but I didn't visit anyone. I received feedback from a passive ability.

17. - Top - End - #257

ClericGuy

Just did and I see it, but I also noticed that vote is crossed out.

Vote Count
    flat_footed (4): CaoimhinTheCape, Rogan, Opsimos
    Good spotting. I would have missed this. He did it appropriately one hour ago. No new vote, so probably he only had this one chance?

I don't really know what to do right now. I wish Bat could talk... best I can do is, Bat thinks flat is not evil and by removing the vote, he wants to limit the risk of this lynch. Maybe even enable flat to pursue his own read on Farmer.

Ops, thanks for the answer. For everyone, I think Ops is telling the truth and therefore probably town. Question either Bat or me again tomorrow, at least one of us should be alive and give some clarification.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

18. - Top - End - #258

I don't know that you need to claim anything more, but I didn't visit anyone. I received feedback from a passive ability.
    Two options:

1) Cao is lying, and was in fact a wolf, and either silenced or killed.

2) Opsimos is lying, and this was a desperation play to avoid becoming a counterwagon.

Question is, who do we trust more?

Still voting Opsimos.

- - - Updated - - -

Good spotting. I would have missed this. He did it appropriately one hour ago. No new vote, so probably he only had this one chance?

I don't really know what to do right now. I wish Bat could talk... best I can do is, Bat thinks flat is not evil and by removing the vote, he wants to limit the risk of this lynch. Maybe even enable flat to pursue his own read on Farmer.

Ops, thanks for the answer. For everyone, I think Ops is telling the truth and therefore probably town. Question either Bat or me again tomorrow, at least one of us should be alive and give some clarification.
    Rogan, how do you explain that Opsimos and Cao's testimony are mutually exclusive?
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-08-24 at 11:55 AM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

19. - Top - End - #259

ClericGuy

Does the info make sense apart from the clarification you just made?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260

The info I have is that Blade visited me.

I have no concrete info about whether bat did anything or not, just that bat did not visit me.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote Count
    flat_footed (3): CaoimhinTheCape, Rogan, Opsimos

21. - Top - End - #261

Does the info make sense apart from the clarification you just made?
    Hm, I could see "getting feedback" as potentially being a thing to ping an investigative power, but it's not taking a night action.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

22. - Top - End - #262

ClericGuy

Two options:

2) Opsimos is lying, and this was a desperation play to avoid becoming a counterwagon.

Still voting Opsimos.

- - - Updated - - -

Rogan, how do you explain that Opsimos and Cao's testimony are mutually exclusive?
    Cao isn't lying. I'm sure about this.
    Number 2 is pending Caos answer.

I know it's frustrating for everyone involved to hear us talking about things, without giving context or explanations. If you are town, I'd like you to trust us for a moment. We can't all be wolves working together. There will be clarification later.
    If you are a wolf, keeping you confused is exactly what we want to do
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

Also, I've been on (by which I mean actively voting*) Opsimos for about 10 posts now. I do think Rogan is town, so I'll switch back if needs be, but like... can anyone give me a strong argument for flat? The ISO that was done did not seem particularly convincing. I would rather vote off someone who is either more actively suspicious or who may not ultimately be aligned with Town (Cao).
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2022-08-24 at 12:11 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

24. - Top - End - #264

ClericGuy

I have no concrete info about whether bat did anything or not, just that bat did not visit me.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote Count
    Great. Ops, I'm sorry but you need to claim in detail. Because now, there is a clash between my theory and the evidence.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

I will argue that I didn't just latch onto his idea - I gave hints early Day 1 and I've been consistent this whole game, long before Rogan suggested my role. I'm either the actual Survivor or a lying Wolf who planned this from the start.

But yeah, any wagon is fine by me so long as we get a second vote on any of them.
    Looking back at your D1 posts, I can definitely see you hinting at a Neutral role, and looking back in hindsight, a Survivor claim makes a lot of sense. I still don't think that completely 100% absolves you of suspicion - there is a chance that even as Neutral, your role is like Snow where your win con is seeing everyone else dead and living to the last round - but I'm open to moving my vote again with this new claim being so ardently defended by Rogan.

Two options:

Still voting Opsimos.

I honestly don't know if I also think that Cao is lying. Too much information and claims flying about for me to be sure.

Rogan says Ops is telling the truth... but I'm starting to have doubts about Rogan as well. He said they can't all be wolves, but if there are three and there's a Rogan-Cao-Ops team, they're doing a fantastic job of diverting suspicion from one another with claims. In fact, the other two support wolves jumping in to protect Cao's Neutral claim from the start would be the natural play here, to vote from a position of strength.

Damn it. I'm triple-guessing myself!

So the person you're using for your information is the dead Town? Not going to lie, that is super convenient for you.

How did that visit happen? Would you be willing to take some guesses as to Blade's role?

Also, I've been on Opsimos for about 10 posts now. I do think Rogan is town, so I'll switch back if needs be, but like... can anyone give me a strong argument for flat? The ISO that was done did not seem particularly convincing. I would rather vote off someone who is either more actively suspicious or who may not ultimately be aligned with Town (Cao).
    I admit the ISO I did for flat wasn't convincing. I pretty much said as much when I wrote it. He's null-ish to me now (and I think less suspicious than the trio who are jumping through hoops to claim and defend each other). I don't know if a Cao wagon is a wise move either.

Also, for whatever it's worth: I will claim D3 if we accidentally get another Town, but my role has been entirely passive so far and hasn't been of much use. Really hoping for a better S7 ability.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

26. - Top - End - #266

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    So the person you're using for your information is the dead Town? Not going to lie, that is super convenient for you.

How did that visit happen? Would you be willing to take some guesses as to Blade's role?
    How the visit happened is Blade must have suspected me. Blade has flipped and we know his ability - Blade would have been told who I targeted.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote Count

27. - Top - End - #267
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Cao for preservation at this point, under an hour.

Would definitely like to hear from Ops, or would be willing to trade wagons if it didn't kill me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Chain wrapped around long, spindly, piano-player's hands, a gleaming pocket watch appears from beneath the plum folds of the man's overcoat. "We've a bit less than an hour to finalize our plans..." He purses his lips. "I feel myself being drawn imminently elsewhere. And struggle to come up with more reliable thoughts."

He turns to the cryptic-looking cultist. "I agree with your assessment of our caped compatriot. His claim is believable, and seems fitting with the evidence, limited though it may be. Rogan's second-guess on Ops is a key figure I think you overlooked" (got ninja'ed?)

"For the time, my suspicions remain on Ops over any others. I hope they're well-founded. If I may, I'd like to encourage anyone with similar suspicions to join me."

Show
    Going to lunch with visiting family. Godspeed, townies!

29. - Top - End - #269

There are ~45 minutes remaining...
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2022-08-24 at 12:43 PM.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

How the visit happened is Blade must have suspected me. Blade has flipped and we know his ability - Blade would have been told who I targeted.
    Right, duh. Shows me what I get for posting at work.

My vote stays, though. The more I think about it, the more nervous I get about the possibility of a trio of wolves planning this from the start.

Vote Count
    Cape (4): Let'sGetKraken, 3SecondCultist, gac3, flat_footed
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."