New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Crazier Idea Mafia

The game will start when all players have claimed their role or at 18:00 GMT 06/11/2020, whichever comes sooner.

Spoiler: Details, Details...
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Welcome to the Crazier Idea mafia, which is my take on the Great/Greater/Greatest idea mafia games. If you don't know how it works, read on! Changes from Crazy Idea are underlined, including a couple of clarifications of ways mechanics did end up working anyway.

The Basics of Mafia

Every player is part of one of the game's factions: usually either a member of the town (who are a large faction unaware of who are town and who are mafia) or the mafia (who are a small faction, but are aware of the other members of the mafia, can communicate with each other, and can remove one target from the game each night). The game cycles through days and nights, and each day, all of the players in the game vote between them for one player to be removed from the game. The game ends when only one faction remains, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

A Crazier Idea

You will be dealt three cards. Each of those cards will have a power, and a faction. You must choose one of the three cards and gain that power, then choose a second card and gain that faction. For example, if you draw "Killing Town", "Investigative Mafia", and "Innocent-Looking Alien", you could choose Killing from the first card, mafia from the second card and discard the card saying "Innocent-Looking Alien."

Note: Discarded cards, and only discarded cards, are public. All players will get information like this:

"Unavenger discarded Innocent-Looking Alien".

If by some miracle one faction starts with control of the game (for example, 4 town+5 mafia or 9 town), all cards are reshuffled and picks start again. No cards are revealed. This is very rare.

The deck is built differently from how it was in Crazy Idea and the rules to prevent duplicates are looser - don't expect another all-scum game.

Factions

If there are fewer than 10 players, there will be two factions, the town and the mafia. If there are 10 or more players, alien cards will be added to the deck. If there are 14 or more players, werewolf cards will be added to the deck. If there are 18 or more players, cultist cards will be added to the deck.

The town are your bog-standard town. You're more likely to have lots of allies as town, but you don't get any special abilities.
    The mafia and the werewolves are both ordinary mafia-style factions. Each one gets a nightkill, and each one has factional chat.
    The aliens don't have a nightkill, but do get a factional chat. Any non-killing role is stronger on an alien than it is on any other faction.
    The cult have a factional conversion. Any time the cult use their ability on a member of the town, that player joins the cult. Any time the cult use their ability on anyone else, the cult is informed of the faction (but not the role) of the target.

There is also one Survivor card and one Serial Killer card thrown into the mix. The survivor wins if they last to the end of the day, and the Serial Killer acts as a mafia of one. If you were dealt, but didn't pick, one of those roles, you know none are in the game! Both the Survivor and the Serial Killer automatically block all kills at night.

Abilities

The ability on your card may change depending on the faction, so they are grouped under headings here. For example, if your faction is "Alien" and your role is listed as "Innocent-Looking", then you gain the alien's Innocent-Looking role, "Psychotrooper."

If you are a Survivor you gain the listed town ability, and if you are a werewolf or a serial killer you gain the listed mafia ability.

Killing

Town or Alien Vigilante: Once per night, you can choose one target and kill that target.

Mafia Strongman: When you deliberately perform the factional kill, it can't be blocked.

Cult Fanatic: When you perform the factional conversion, if you target a member of the mafia, a werewolf or an alien, the target is killed.

Investigative

Town Seer: Once per night, you can choose one target. You learn that target's FACTION.

Mafia or Cult Spy: Once per night, you can choose one target. You learn that target's ROLE TYPE.

Alien Researcher: Once per night, you can choose one target. You learn that target's FACTION and ROLE.

Innocent-Looking

Town Innocent Child: At any point, day or night, once per game you can post "REVEAL: INNOCENT CHILD". When you do, all of the votes on you are removed (although they can be re-added) and I will confirm your alignment as soon as I can. You will be revealed as either town or survivor, as appropriate. If anyone else attempts to fake an Innocent Child reveal they will immediately die and lose the game.

Mafia or Cult Secret Agent: If investigated during the night by a seer, you are listed as TOWN. If you are investigated during the night by a spy, you give NO RESULT. If you are investigated by a researcher, you give TOWN INNOCENT CHILD.

Alien Psychotrooper: Once only, at night, you can use your ability. Whether or not your ability is active, you have the powers of a secret agent above. If you activate your ability, ALL investigations are incorrect.

Protective

Town, Mafia or Cult Doctor: Once per night, you can choose a player. You block all night kills targeting that player the same night. You cannot target yourself twice consecutively.

Alien Protector: Once per night, you can choose a player. You block everything targeting that player the same night. You cannot target yourself twice consecutively.

Roleblocking

Town, Mafia or Cult Roleblocker: Once per night, you can choose a player. That player's ability is blocked tonight. If they attempt to gather information, they will receive NO RESULT.

Alien Mindslaver: Once per night, you can choose a player. That player's ability is blocked this night. You may activate their ability by attempting to choose a new target for it. If you choose a valid target, you use their ability on that target. You send that player to visit their target, not yourself. If you target the Strongman, their chosen kill is Strong but the kill you send them to make is not Strong. If you target the Fanatic, their conversion IS Fanatical.

Tracking

Town Watcher: Once per night, you can choose a player. You learn WHO TARGETED that player.

Mafia Tracker: Once per night, you can choose a player. You learn WHO WAS TARGETED BY that player.

Cult Stalker: Once per night, you can choose a player. You learn WHAT ACTIONS WERE TARGETED AT that player.

Alien Overseer: Once per night, you can choose a player. You learn WHO DID WHAT TO that player and WHO WAS TARGETED BY that player, but NOT WHAT THAT PLAYER DID.

(Suppose person A heals person B, and person B roleblocks person C. The following are the investigative results on B:

Watcher: A targeted B.
    Tracker: B targeted C.
    Stalker: B was healed.
    Overseer: A healed B, and B targeted C.)

Jack of All Trades

Town, Mafia, Cult or Alien JOAT: You may use your faction's Investigative, Protective and Roleblocking powers once each ever.

Universal Backup

Town, Mafia, Cult or Alien Universal Backup: The first time ever that a member of your faction dies, you gain their powers. If you are the only member of your faction, you immediately gain the role listed on your discarded card instead.

Players So Far

Caerulea
    Valmark
    The Outsider
    PartyOfRogues
    gac3
    Xihirli
    Elenna
    Captain Cap
    rogue_alchemist
    Apogee1
    JeenLeen
    CaomhinTheCape
    Zelphas
    plenty

AvatarVecna, Town Doctor, clawed to death night 3.
    Caerulea, Town Watcher, hanged day 1.
    Valmark, Werewolf Strongman, struck by lightning day 5.
    The Outsider, Town Innocent Child, clawed to death night 4.
    PartyOfRogues, Werewolf Roleblocker, hanged day 4.
    gac3, Werewolf Universal Backup, blasted night 2
    Xihirli, Werewolf Roleblocker, blasted night 3.
    Elenna, Alien Researcher, clawed to death night 1.
    Captain Cap, Town Doctor, SURVIVED!
    rogue_alchemist, Alien Researcher, gave up night 5.
    Apogee1, Serial Killer Spy, hanged day 2.
    JeenLeen, Town Roleblocker, clawed to death night 2.
    CaomhinTheCape, Town Universal Backup turned Town Watcher, SURVIVED!
    Zelphas Alien Jack of All Trades, hanged day 3.
    plenty Alien Vigilante, hanged day 5
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-11-23 at 08:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Crazier Idea Mafia

AvatarVecna discarded Town Jack of All Trades
    Caerulea discarded Town Protective
    Valmark discarded Mafia Innocent-Looking
    The Outsider discarded Town Roleblocking
    PartyOfRogues discarded Town Jack of All Trades
    gac3 discarded Town Tracking
    Xihirli discarded Town Universal Backup
    Elenna discarded Town Tracking
    Captain Cap discarded Mafia Killing
    rogue_alchemist discarded Town Jack of All Trades
    Apogee1 discarded Town Universal Backup
    JeenLeen discarded Mafia Innocent-Looking
    CaomhinTheCape discarded Town Killing
    Zelphas discarded Town Investigative
    plenty discarded Town Protective

DAY 1 START

To give myself a greater chance of actually being able to call the day on time (because it's around 2am my time and it's not normal for me to be up this late), and also to make up for starting delays, I'll give you all an extra-long day 1. Day 1 ends at 18:00 GMT 07/11/2020.

The player with the most votes will die. In case of a tie, whoever reached the most votes first will die.

You may vote for NO LYNCH. NO LYNCH works the same way as a vote for a player when resolving ties.

Links to group chats are in your QuickTopics!
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-11-04 at 09:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Hmm there's a worrying lack of werewolf or alien discards compared to the number of mafia discards. We should probably focus on eliminating werewolves and aliens before mafia - not that it's really possible to do anything about that now, but something to keep in mind later in the game.

Vague pondering - if someone discards a non-town card, that instinctively seems like it should mean they're more likely to be town. But based on the previous game, the vast majority of people will pick non-town factions. So people probably won't be townies unless they drew three town cards, which implies they would have discarded town. So maybe people who discarded non-town are more likely to be non-town? Thoughts?

Based on the above I guess I'll randomly pick Captain Cap among the three who discarded non-town. It's definitely not much to go on, but better than a pure random vote I guess?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I like that line of thought, but I don't feel too comfortable starting a wagon just yet. So I'm going to vote Valmark for the moment.

Anyone have thoughts on what Town-aligned discards are more likely to be evil? Is it more sus to have discarded Protective, Killing, Roleblocking, etc?
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2020-11-05 at 05:37 PM.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

RNGesus says that Apogee1 is quite suspicious.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

It's CaomhinTheCape. His name is red.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-11-05 at 05:03 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #7

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I like that line of thought, but I don't feel too comfortable starting a wagon just yet. So I'm going to vote Valmark for the moment.

Anyone have thoughts on what Town-aligned discards are more likely to be evil? Is it more sus to have discarded Protective, Killing, Roleblocking, etc?
    Personally I discarded Protective because it's boring, Outsider.

Hey Unavenger, can we communicate with others who are not in our faction? I want to be able to talk to people in private. Besides myself I mean.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-11-07 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Rewrote reality
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Hmm there's a worrying lack of werewolf or alien discards compared to the number of mafia discards. We should probably focus on eliminating werewolves and aliens before mafia - not that it's really possible to do anything about that now, but something to keep in mind later in the game.

Vague pondering - if someone discards a non-town card, that instinctively seems like it should mean they're more likely to be town. But based on the previous game, the vast majority of people will pick non-town factions. So people probably won't be townies unless they drew three town cards, which implies they would have discarded town. So maybe people who discarded non-town are more likely to be non-town? Thoughts?

Based on the above I guess I'll randomly pick Captain Cap among the three who discarded non-town. It's definitely not much to go on, but better than a pure random vote I guess?
    I dunno. It was pretty spred out last game- meaning that most people picked non-Town regardless of what they discarded. I'm not sure the case of all three Town cards is a decent argument past the initial voting.

For the initial voting though it IS better then no idea.

Mmm good question. From what I understand it's info-gathering roles that are better for Town- but in a game with multiple factions I reckon everybody wants to get more intelligence.

Anyway, you all know it. AvatarVecna.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... If we learned anything from last time it's that people don't willingly choose town. Throwing away town means nothing because Unavenger said there would be a lot more town roles this time. But throwing away non-town just makes me think you got a second non-town option so I'll got JeenLeen

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be honest, I didn't read other people's comments before I posted. So I see I parroted others.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-11-04 at 11:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I'd agree, but there's a difference between discarding town and discarding Town Killing, I should say.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I think that the innocent looking child is probably the most useful to town.

Valmark discarded it.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hmm there's a worrying lack of werewolf or alien discards compared to the number of mafia discards. We should probably focus on eliminating werewolves and aliens before mafia.
    I could see an argument for the aliens, but aren't werewolves and mafia basically the same mechanically, just different factions?

I didn't play the last game, but if there's truly a tendency of choosing non-town factions the argument kind of makes sense. I think the conclusions would depend very much on the probability of getting 3 town cards: if it's very low, then almost everyone would have equal opportunity of being non-town, but if it's not small, then players discarding non-town would be statistically more likely to be non-town than players discarding town (given this last set would contain the "sure town" set).

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Hey Unavenger, can we communicate with others who are not in our faction? I want to be able to talk to people in private. Besides myself I mean.
    From the recruitment thread:
    > You cannot create QuickTopics to talk with other players. You only have your personal QuickTopic and possibly a factional QuickTopic.
    > You can only talk in your Mafia, Werewolf or Cult QuickTopic at night.
    > You can talk in your Alien QuickTopic at any time.
    > You can talk to yourself at any time.
    > You can talk in the public thread at any time.
    - - - Updated - - -

rogue_alchemist is one of those who hasn't spoken yet, moreover I have to keep the tradition going.
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2020-11-07 at 12:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't play the last game, but if there's truly a tendency of choosing non-town factions the argument kind of makes sense. I think the conclusions would depend very much on the probability of getting 3 town cards: if it's very low, then almost everyone would have equal opportunity of being non-town, but if it's not small, then players discarding non-town would be statistically more likely to be non-town than players discarding town (given this last set would contain the "sure town" set).
    Last game I don't think anybody got three town cards. (Maybe 1 or 2 people). On the other hand after realizing that nobody chose town (there was one town person the whole game) we were told that the next time it would be weighted to make sure that we didn't have that happen again. So I'd say there is a good chance of several people getting 3 town options.

14. - Top - End - #14

FOS on Captain Cap for carrying over old grudges!
    Having been protective role in the last 3-4 games I've played here, I fully understand wanting to throw it away as a boring role, but it is very important to town winning. Therefore I vote Caerulea, as the other person who did it is a newbie that might not know and we have a tradition of not voting newbs anyways.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I believe, in a non-PM game, AV would want to be one of the factions to be able to network and have more fun (that is, I think she'd find being Town a little boring in this game.) Also, she hasn't died D1 for a while. Her discarding a Town card, while meaning nothing in itself, lends credence to this. So AvatarVecna.
    This is creating a 2-vote wagon.

Unavenger said the deck was modified to increase the number of townies. I know some people will lie when answering this, but
    1) Did anyone get 3 Town cards?
    2) Did anyone get 2 Town and 1 non-Town?

For me, it was Town, Town, and Mafia.
    Though, in retrospect, I realize I probably should have made myself Town Innocent Child. For one thing, for the humorous quoting my fakeclaim text from recruitment. Also, I saw in my last game (with Apogee1) how powerful that can be in a non-PM game. But I didn't think of that until it was too late for me to get back online.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3
    Hmmm... If we learned anything from last time it's that people don't willingly choose town. Throwing away town means nothing because Unavenger said there would be a lot more town roles this time. But throwing away non-town just makes me think you got a second non-town option so I'll got JeenLeen
    I admit that is a definite possibility.
    And, honestly, if I could have been Mafia Innocent-Looking, I would have taken that. But Town Innocent-Looking felt boring, and I didn't like the other Mafia sets and wasn't sure if I wanted the extra work of coordinating with a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by plenty
    I think that the innocent looking child is probably the most useful to town.

Valmark discarded it.
    As did I.
    Noteworthy that Valmark and I discarded the same card, if anyone wants to try to decipher card probabilities.

Valmark, I gave the (admittingly weak and easily-made-up) excuse about why I discarded Innocent-Looking. Why did you?
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-11-05 at 02:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    I could see an argument for the aliens, but aren't werewolves and mafia basically the same mechanically, just different factions?
    Yes, but there were three mafia discards and no werewolf discards, so I figure the werewolf faction is probably larger and therefore a bigger threat. I mean, it's possible that a bunch of people got werewolf cards and took the role off those cards instead of the faction, but it seems more likely that most of the people who got werewolf cards chose to be weeewolves.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Last game I don't think anybody got three town cards. (Maybe 1 or 2 people). On the other hand after realizing that nobody chose town (there was one town person the whole game) we were told that the next time it would be weighted to make sure that we didn't have that happen again. So I'd say there is a good chance of several people getting 3 town options.
    Last game Unavenger made sure nobody would get three town cards, so that everyone would have a choice of factions. Unfortunately this resulted in only one person picking town, so they said they would remove that restriction for the next game. Granted,that doesn't necessarily mean it's common to get three town cards, we basically have no way of knowing how common it might be without knowing the number of cards of each faction.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Also, I see nobody discarded Survivor or Serial Killer. That doesn't necessarily mean they are in the game -- if I were a "wolf" faction, I'd want to keep it secret from the others that the Serial Killer/Survivor is NOT in the game so as to have a good fakeclaim (survivor) and source of making others nervous (serial killer). But it makes it certainly possible they're not in the game.
    Though I guess we will (unless baners do a lucky job) find out if the Serial Killer exists once Night 1 resolves.

18. - Top - End - #18

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Personally I discarded Protective because it's boring, Outsider.

No, you can only talk in your faction chat (if you have one), your personal chat, or the main thread.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Guessing Faction Affinity Based on Card Discards

I also reckon that anyone who discarded a Killing card is likely not the Survivor. That ability to end the game faster makes it a lot more likely Survivor will win.
    Likely also not Alien, as getting a night-kill (NK) in a non-NK 'wolf' faction is extremely useful.

Not sure about other factions. Strongman is useful, but it's circumstantial, so a mafia/werewolf/serial killer may or may not want it. If I were Serial Killer, I'd probably want more utility as opposed to the ability to make my kill 'strong'. But with Aliens around and how highjacking of the kill happened last game, they might want a Strongman power.

A Survivor or Serial Killer would definitely be okay dropping Protective, since they are already immune to NKs and don't have innate allies to protect. Universal Backup is also trash for them, as there's nobody for them to back-up.

20. - Top - End - #20

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    A Survivor or Serial Killer would definitely be okay dropping Protective, since they are already immune to NKs and don't have innate allies to protect. Universal Backup is also trash for them, as there's nobody for them to back-up.
    Remember that if you are the only member of your faction, Universal Backup gives you the ability you discarded.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Guys. Guys.
    Caoimhin's name is red.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Valmark, I gave the (admittingly weak and easily-made-up) excuse about why I discarded Innocent-Looking. Why did you?
    Because I don't find it useful as Town. Saving yourself from the lynch while making yourself confirmed Town is normally useful, but in a game with three 'evil' factions that can bypass protections (well, only two of those)? It's utility is greatly diminished IMO. I'd rather pick it as non-Town to fool scries (and even then, it becomes 'what's the change of him belonging to 1/2 of the game's factions'?).

Plus, we don't have private QTs and that further decreases the value of a confirmed Townie in a 4-sided game.
    Guessing Faction Affinity Based on Card Discards

I also reckon that anyone who discarded a Killing card is likely not the Survivor. That ability to end the game faster makes it a lot more likely Survivor will win.
    Likely also not Alien, as getting a night-kill (NK) in a non-NK 'wolf' faction is extremely useful.

Not sure about other factions. Strongman is useful, but it's circumstantial, so a mafia/werewolf/serial killer may or may not want it. If I were Serial Killer, I'd probably want more utility as opposed to the ability to make my kill 'strong'. But with Aliens around and how highjacking of the kill happened last game, they might want a Strongman power.

Not sure about the Aliens honestly- a Mindslaver would be far more useful then the killing one.

23. - Top - End - #23

People could have taken the back half of a werewolf or alien card (so we wouldn't see it) but I'd imagine they wouldn't be as popular.

As Val pointed out, there's not much indication of what someone did pick based on their discard (at least from last game). I don't think your reason for voting is fool-proof but I don't hate it or anything.

I don't think it's necessarily an indicator. Someone who discarded Protective may have felt they would rather Investigate, since townies don't know who to protect anyway. Or they could be an evil faction and discarded Protective so that they can have a stronger kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    They are mechanically the same, but last game we had an insane number of Wolves (5 or 6?) versus a smaller number of Mafia (3 or so?). We all need to make sure one faction doesn't hold onto too many people or they'll win by default.

I believe, in a non-PM game, AV would want to be one of the factions to be able to network and have more fun (that is, I think she'd find being Town a little boring in this game.) Also, she hasn't died D1 for a while. Her discarding a Town card, while meaning nothing in itself, lends credence to this. So AvatarVecna.
    This is creating a 2-vote wagon.

Unavenger said the deck was modified to increase the number of townies. I know some people will lie when answering this, but
    The AV vote... I kinda actually agree with the logic? I'd feel a little bad voting AV at this point but AV does seem the type to want a more unique faction than town (if she could help it).

I got 2 Town cards and 1 Mafia card. Discarded the Town Killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I dunno. It was pretty spred out last game- meaning that most people picked non-Town regardless of what they discarded. I'm not sure the case of all three Town cards is a decent argument past the initial voting.
    Last game, everyone picked a non-town alignment aside from one person (hi).

Hmmm... If we learned anything from last time it's that people don't willingly choose town.
    Hi.

That is a good point, this game we can assume at least 2 townspeople in the game. Still, we don't know how many people will have defaulted to Town by getting three cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Remember that if you are the only member of your faction, Universal Backup gives you the ability you discarded.
    That is very much true. Someone could have taken Universal Backup knowing they were the only member of the faction (SK or Survivor) or assuming they would be the only member of their faction. They would get the ability they discarded, but look like they don't have the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Guys. Guys.
    Caoimhin's name is red.
    Huh. Your quote doesn't have my name in red. It's weird, but I'm guessing yours will show up in red, Xihirli.

Vote Count:
    Captain Cap (1): Elenna
    Valmark (1): The Outsider
    Apogee1 (1): PartyOfRogues
    CaomhinTheCape (1): Xihirli
    The Outsider (1): Caerulea
    AvatarVecna (2): Valmark, JeenLeen
    JeenLeen (1): gac3
    Valmark (1): plenty
    rogue_alchemist (1): Captain Cap
    Caerulea (1): rogue_alchemist
    Xihirli (1): CaomhinTheCape

Not voting: AvatarVecna, Apogee1, Zelphas

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post

Vote Count:
    Valmark (1): The Outsider
    Valmark (1): plenty

Psssst, you counted me twice but separately.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Because I don't find it useful as Town. Saving yourself from the lynch while making yourself confirmed Town is normally useful, but in a game with three 'evil' factions that can bypass protections (well, only two of those)? It's utility is greatly diminished IMO. I'd rather pick it as non-Town to fool scries (and even then, it becomes 'what's the change of him belonging to 1/2 of the game's factions'?).

Plus, we don't have private QTs and that further decreases the value of a confirmed Townie in a 4-sided game.
    Makes sense. Town Innocent is rather powerful (or at least forces a NK away from more valuable targets) when it's Town vs. Mafia, but not as much when its Town vs Mafia vs Werewolf vs Alien.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    The AV vote... I kinda actually agree with the logic? I'd feel a little bad voting AV at this point but AV does seem the type to want a more unique faction than town (if she could help it).
    I buy that, and I can see not wanting to put a third vote on a wagon so early. But the "kinda actually agree" but voting elsewhere looks a touch suspicious. Just noting this to file it away for "maybe AV and Cao are on the same faction."

26. - Top - End - #26

Vote Count:
    Valmark (2): The Outsider, plenty

Psssst, you counted me twice but separately.
    There we go. Fixed.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

No, I mean when we call an emergency meeting, your name is red.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna
    Yes, but there were three mafia discards and no werewolf discards, so I figure the werewolf faction is probably larger and therefore a bigger threat. I mean, it's possible that a bunch of people got werewolf cards and took the role off those cards instead of the faction, but it seems more likely that most of the people who got werewolf cards chose to be weeewolves.
    Does this seem shady to anyone else? Like one evil faction indirectly shifting attention to another? I could be misreading it, but it feels shady to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen
    Not that I can prove it, but I did in fact receive three Town cards.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    No, I mean when we call an emergency meeting, your name is red.
    But you can't see that unless you're an imposter! Guys, I think Xihirli is sus.

(it's a joke about the video game Among Us, for those confused)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

30. - Top - End - #30

I buy that, and I can see not wanting to put a third vote on a wagon so early. But the "kinda actually agree" but voting elsewhere looks a touch suspicious. Just noting this to file it away for "maybe AV and Cao are on the same faction."
    I mean, that's fair. There's really nothing I can say to prove we aren't, other than we are likely not on the same side (unless AV picked Town also). If there isn't any better reason for a vote by the end of the day, I'm comfortable voting AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna

Does this seem shady to anyone else? Like one evil faction indirectly shifting attention to another? I could be misreading it, but it feels shady to me.
    I see what you're saying - this definitely could read as one faction looking to shift blame. I'll keep it in mind, not sure I'm ready to call Elenna Mafia (or less likely Alien) though.

Regardless of Elenna's faction it still is a good point that she makes: that we don't have to just get rid of the three factions, but make that any one of them isn't too powerful to win the game outright.