New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

I AWAKEN TO WELCOME YOU ONCE MORE TO THE MAD DRACOLICH'S VANITY PROJECT. AS SOME OF YOU MAY OR MAY NOT BE AWARE I OCCASIONALLY DECIDE TO EXPAND MY PAST WORK AND ATTEMPT TO MAKE A COMMUNAL THING ABOUT IT. USUALLY THIS INVOLVES VOTING ON WHAT YOU MOST WANT TO SEE EXPANDED, IF THIS IS DESIRED THE DRACOLICH WILL CONSIDER OBLIGING... ELSEWHERE. THIS TIME THINGS ARE A BIT DIFFERENT. THIS THREAD WILL FUNCTION BY MAKING SMALL EXPANSIONS BASED UPON THE PERSONALITIES, OR MORE ACCURATELY CARICATURES THEREOF, OF YOU, MY FELLOW PLAYGROUNDERS. SO COME AND SEE WHAT THE DRAGON CAN MAKE OF YOU.

Ok, enough 'IC' voice and showmanship and time to get to actual details and the grit of the matter. I have decided to expand some of my old (and relatively new) projects once again, but instead of having you vote for what you want to see expanded this time* I'm doing a take inspired by the GiantITP Regulars as X threads (current as of the writing of this thread).

So how will this work? I will be making expansions to my past homebrew based upon the forum personalities, avatars, names, etc, of my fellow playgrounders. You want something made based on you, post here and say so. Preferably give a bit of info, say something more than "I give permission", because a glimpse at your personality or even just what you like helps a lot. Most of these things will be 1 dimensional caricatures, some may even be a bit of poking fun though I will try to keep everything good-natured. It really is as simple as that.

Now what might be expanded: Everything made will in some way relate back to an older piece of homebrew. In some cases these can be quite a broad range, a new true dragon definitely falls under the header, as do dragonbloods, Inner Planar sites and NPCs of all sorts, and undead plants (True Dragons project, Expanded Dragonblood, Mundus Primordialis, and Necrobotany respectively). I could theoretically include Vile and Exalted feats in general with this. In practice, though, unless really stretching for an idea most of it will deal more closely with a Base Class (ACF, PrC made to be entered by members of said class, feat that is made for them*) or more firmly with something I've made (a new thrall feat as opposed to just a new Vile feat). So if this tickles your fancy come and give a post. Comment on who you are, maybe even your favorite piece of brew, but do not just say 'make me as an ACF for Y which does X', this ain't the request thread

I can't promise to make things for everybody who posts, inspiration is a fickle mistress after all and the more limited my previous interaction/knowledge of you the more limited my ability to make something about you is. If you're greedy and want multiple things, after the first one is made say you're up for something more.

And do feel free to joke around a bit, playful banter reveals things about you and the persona you choose to don, making it one of the best sources of inspiration for these things.

Permissions
    illven
    caledscratcher
    VoodooPaladin
    Blackhawk748
    Draconium
    illyahr
    NeoPhoenix0
    Jormengand
    khadgar567
    Eldest
    Eno Remnant
    Red Fel
    Debihuman
    Basket of Puppies
    Beelzebub1111
    spikeof2010
    ThePurple
    PapaQuackers
    Temotei
    ObliviMancer
    ImperatorV
    AtlasSniperman
    LoyalPaladin

Complete
    Lunar Path of the Reflect Sun (LoyalPaladin)
    Hime no Henshin - Princess Variant (caledscratcher)
    Phoenixflame Knight - Wildwood Knight (Neophoenix0)
    Invocation of Eenooyasya - Feat for Thralls (inuyasha)
    War Chorister - Dragon Chorister Archetype (Eno Remnant)
    Techno-Surgical Juggernaut - Tall Tale Archetype (tsj)
    Bardic Courtier - Courtier ACF (illayhr)
    The Blackhawk Academy - Planar Site (Blackhawk)
    Mech Imperator - Theurgistic PrC (ImperatorV)
    Maid - Ruid Delver Archetype Design analysis Class (khadgar)
    Journal of Madness - Feat for Thralls (VoodooPaladin)
    Scholar of the Dead - New Scholastic Aptitudes (Segev)
    Hoardforged Body and related feats - Expanded Dragonblood (Draconium)
    ..., Scratch on Reality - A Whisper Vestige (Eldest)
    4X Magic - More Feat from the College of War Magic (illven)
    Breath of Fear - A New Feat of Fear (Draconium)
    Mind-Affecting Spells for Thralls (khadgar)
    Hex Generator/Smite Accumulator Cytoplasmic Grafts (VoodooPaladin)
    Fell Wolf Powers (Red Fel)
    The Susurrus of the Serpent - Doomsayer Archetype (Jormengand)
    The Apocalyptic Path of the Dragon - Doomsayer Apocalyptic Path (Draconium)
    Brew Mead of Poetry - Intoxicanter Feat (illayhr)
    Academics of True Tongue - Scholastic Aptitudes (Jormengand)
    Mushroom Farmer - Tall Tale Feat (caledscratcher)
    The Smith's Moon - Lunar Path (EdroGrimshell)
    Multipermissions as Dual Discipline Maneuvers (Multi)
    Multipermissions as Feats and Spells for Thralls (Multi)
    Red Fel - Diabolic Pact/Vestige (Red Fel)
    New Doomsayer Invocations (Caledscratcher) Curse of Cooties and
    Invocation of the Anexichnai's Madness.
    New Distillation Feats (Beelzebub1111) Brew Dullahan Stout, Distill 'Juice', and Tarocchi Pop.
    Knight of Shivery (Papaquackers) New Freelancer Forbidden Job.
    Exaggerated Profession (Judge) (Temotei)
    Oblivion Inside Doomsayer Invocation and Bottle Oblivion Distillation Feat (Oblivimancer)
    Brood Plague Worm - A Feat for Thralls (EdroGrimShell)
    Jormengand's Recitation of Skill (Jormengand) a further variation on Skill Focus.
    Slavemaster's Skill Focus (khadgar567)
    Imperator's Skilled Command (Imperator) A Skill Focus enhancing feat.
    Further Variations on Skill Focus (EdroGrimShell, Eldest, NeoPheonix0, Eno Remnant, illyahr)
    Draconium's Song of Hoarding (Draconium) A Bardic Music Feat.
    Harmonizing Familiar (AtlasSniperman) A Bardic Music enhancing feat.
    Facade of the Puppy (Basket of Puppies) A Formshifter Invocation.
    Another Clutter of Spiders (LoyalPaladin, illyahr, Illven, Jormengand, AtlasSniperman, NeoPheonix0, Draconium) 7 new spider-creatures.
    Reality Coder (Eldest) Incarnation variant.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-09-09 at 03:18 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

Yo. I'm caledscratcher and I like Homestuck, Kamen Rider, everything relating to Nintendo, magical girls, ska punk, and plenty of other things. I'm a Jacqueline of all Trades and a self-proclaimed pacifist, as well as an alt-aholic. I love nonstandard character concepts and optimize for the story instead of the mechanics.

Hopefully that does the trick. I give permission, in case it wasn't clear.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, I will definitely give permission for this. I'm not sure I need to expand on my personality, though. It speaks for itself.

If we're doing suggestions, an Incarnation ACF/Variant would be cool. That class is awesome.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Would a bardic/diplomancer vestige be too much to ask for? I'm actually a fan of the Binder idea but I missed the GitP Regulars as Vestiges thread by a couple months.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by caledscratcher View Post
    Yo. I'm caledscratcher and I like Homestuck, Kamen Rider, everything relating to Nintendo, magical girls, ska punk, and plenty of other things. I'm a Jacqueline of all Trades and a self-proclaimed pacifist, as well as an alt-aholic. I love nonstandard character concepts and optimize for the story instead of the mechanics.

Hopefully that does the trick. I give permission, in case it wasn't clear.
    Yes that was good, gives many points for ideas to latch on, like Nintendo and henshin heroes, and pacifism and JoaT.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Oh, I will definitely give permission for this. I'm not sure I need to expand on my personality, though. It speaks for itself.

If we're doing suggestions, an Incarnation ACF/Variant would be cool. That class is awesome.
    I have an idea for you that isn't about that class. (Incarnation is actually a pain to make ACFs for, I mean at some point I should make a Celestial version of the Demon Lord ACF but it was painful to make that Variant)

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Would a bardic/diplomancer vestige be too much to ask for? I'm actually a fan of the Binder idea but I missed the GitP Regulars as Vestiges thread by a couple months.
    Yes, this isn't the requests thread* And I keep sort of hoping we'll do vestiges again because I missed it too. More seriously, though, while I might make you as a vestige at some point it's not quite in the heart of this thread in that it's the same situation as a Vile Feat. I mean any vestige, assuming I give it a Vestige Priest spell list/Contractor Invocation/Goetic Knight weapon/armor/tool bind, is theoretically in some way connected to 1 to 3 projects, but it is only loosely at best. And ACFs are probably more likely to come to mind with you, I mean there's a decent chance I make you as a vestige now that the idea is in my head, but it might end up in a random GiantITP regulars as X thread because I am probably too lazy for Vestige Priest/Goetic Knight stuff.

Also do I really have 3 variant takes on Binder? Well ok, one was a strange little attempt at a tier 1 binder and the other two were requests. None of them are the real binder variant I've always wanted to make but I'm not sure how it would work (Contractor is close in ways to one of the two, though my true version probably has a bigger skill list, 4 + Int skills, but d4 hit dice and maybe even Int instead of Cha for save DCs of things to really play up the Vestige Scholar aspect).

*Request thread is currently closed to new requests.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

I would like one deity please.

How many references can you make to civilization in a single deity.

Damn.
    Last edited by Illven; 2016-01-29 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I have an idea for you that isn't about that class. (Incarnation is actually a pain to make ACFs for, I mean at some point I should make a Celestial version of the Demon Lord ACF but it was painful to make that Variant)
    I am excited! I had no idea Incarnation was so painful! Haha.

And I keep sort of hoping we'll do vestiges again because I missed it too.
    I too, missed that thread.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I would like one deity please.

How many references can you make to civilization in a single deity.

Damn.
    A limited number since I've only played Civ II: Test of Time primarily on the Fantasy setting, and Alpha Centauri primarily without the expansion. That and deities really aren't the point of this thread (closest would probably be making you as a, pure fluff... storm mephit who plans to hostilely take over the Plane of Steam in the name of Storm and ascend to godhood by harvesting the power released when it alters one of the fundamental building blocks of reality, possibly causing untold damage to countless Primes and even the Outer Planes).

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I am excited! I had no idea Incarnation was so painful! Haha.
    Well I could make it a lot easier by removing the Quasi-Deity capstone, the problem is half of their class features are just gaining that piecemeal because it's such a big thing. Which is why the Hell Lord was painful. Now swap a domain for X, variant Wrath, well actually glancing over there's more I can tinker with than I thought. Flight, fast healing, sight of the divine, lay on hands/evil version, which gives a fair bit where something could be added/removed. And could always do something that replaces a domain transcendency but that feels wrong (it's an ability from a list already is part of it, and some transcendencies are weaker or stronger to compensate for a dirth or abundance of good usually high level spells at)

I too, missed that thread.
    That thread was heavily missed it seems.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #9

Well I could make it a lot easier by removing the Quasi-Deity capstone, the problem is half of their class features are just gaining that piecemeal because it's such a big thing. Which is why the Hell Lord was painful. Now swap a domain for X, variant Wrath, well actually glancing over there's more I can tinker with than I thought. Flight, fast healing, sight of the divine, lay on hands/evil version, which gives a fair bit where something could be added/removed. And could always do something that replaces a domain transcendency but that feels wrong (it's an ability from a list already is part of it, and some transcendencies are weaker or stronger to compensate for a dirth or abundance of good usually high level spells at)
    I loved playing that class. I was immune to everything! Which is how I like to play D&D.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

ever snarky ever raging harem and belly dancer( also known as dancer class in rpgs) loving demon hunter of op content khadgar567 gives his humble permission as well as why the heck not gives one for emperor tippy( since he give blanket permission in the before ı join the band of shenanigans called gitp regulars as x treats(op has the most newest one)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

neat, I think you know most of my persona's repertoire: chaos, teleportation, clever use of matches.

I should try to finish my special avatar sometime.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

My permission, is of course, granted. I have no specific requests, just do whatever comes to you. Oh and i give you this gif in offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

13. - Top - End - #13

Permission granted. I liked the work you did on the Shepherd of the Dead. The Undead Overlord domain was neat, too.

Ways to keep undead minions relevant as levels reach the higher end (including firmer, longer-term arcane control over those pesky intelligent undead), or of getting them more reliably earlier, are always of interest to me.

14. - Top - End - #14

A limited number since I've only played Civ II: Test of Time primarily on the Fantasy setting, and Alpha Centauri primarily without the expansion. That and deities really aren't the point of this thread (closest would probably be making you as a, pure fluff... storm mephit who plans to hostilely take over the Plane of Steam in the name of Storm and ascend to godhood by harvesting the power released when it alters one of the fundamental building blocks of reality, possibly causing untold damage to countless Primes and even the Outer Planes).
    Ah since it's based on by-gone threads, I just went for the deity one, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Alrighty, I give permission!

I quite enjoy mad science, and something I don't always mention on the boards is that I'm in a wheelchair most of the time, so my friends and I love making jokes about that, and yes they can be quite crude, so you have permission for that as well and it won't bug me (seriously, go all out! And no I won't get angry if anyone decided to ask questions)

I really love wild magic, chaos magic, chaotic evil magic. Anything chaos or wild magic related is always fun!

Uuh... for legitimate interests I love poetry, both reading and writing it, and I quite enjoy all manner of fantasy and mythological beings.
    in fact you may all find it uncomfortably humorous that my nickname is "NoLegs" in real life,
    Full permission granted 100%
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Reflected Sun - Lunar Path (LoyalPaladin)

The path of the Reflected Sun emphasizes the moon's role in bringing light to the night. It shines forth like a lesser sun, giving hope to mortals against the forces of darkness which swell forth when the sun fades from the sky.

You must be Good aligned to select this Lunar Path. If you willingly commit an Evil act you lose access to the benefits of this Lunar Path until you atone.

Lunar Path I (2nd): 1/day you may Smite Evil. You add your Wisdom modifier to any attack roll and your level to damage dealt. You may smite with a spell that requires an attack roll and if it does not deal damage or deals ability damage you deal your class level in pure sacred force. If used against an Evil Outsider, Undead, or creature with light sensitivity or blindness this smite deals double the normal bonus damage. When you use this smite you create a flash of light which is equivalent to a spell of ½ your class level for interactions with magical darkness and which illuminates out to 60 ft + 10 ft per class level for a brief moment.

Lunar Path II (5th): Your smite becomes 2/day. You may add your Wisdom modifier if positive to saving throws (this means it is added twice to Will saves).

Lunar Path III (11th): Your smite becomes 3/day. You gain the ability to Turn Undead as a (good) cleric of your Moonborn level. When you use turn undead any undead or evil creature within range (that is not destroyed outright) takes 1d6 damage per 2 class levels you possess (Will halves).

Lunar Path IV (14th): Your smite becomes 4/day. If you smite an Evil Outsiders, Undead, or creature with light sensitivity or light blindness it must make a Fort (DC 10 + 1/2 Moonborn level + Wisdom modifier) save or die, or if undead a Will save or be destroyed. A successful saving throw negates this effect (but not the damage from your smite) and renders them immune to the killing effect of your smite for 1 minute.

Lunar Path V (20th): Your smite becomes 5/day. When you kill an evil creature in combat (post battle coup de grace does not count) which was a threat to you (CR at least 12), you or one ally within 60 ft heals 100 hp and immediately ends any 3 of the following adverse conditions affecting the target: ability damage to one ability, blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, sickened, stunned, or poisoned.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-29 at 10:59 PM.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Henshin no Hime - Princess Variant (caledscratcher)

Trades:

You lose Mystic Songs gaining Mystic Transformations in their place.

Mystic Transformations come in the same 4 grades as Mystic Songs, and whenever a regular Princess would gain a Mystic Song you gain a Mystic Transformation of the same grade instead. Transformations are either Standard action (in which case they usually have an immediate effect) or swift actions and each transformation lasts until their Endurance runs out. You only gain 1 daily use of Hime no Henshin per 2 princess levels, and like with Mystical Songs some Hime no Henshin cost multiple uses and you gain only 1 daily use of your Miraculous Transformation (which costs no uses of this ability). You may only have one Mystic Transformation active at a time, though you may end one at any time to begin a new one, and if that Mystic Transformation was the same grade as the new one you may add ½ its remaining Endurance to the Endurance of the new transformation, or if it was a higher grade (Least is lowest, Miraculous is highest) you may add its full remaining Endurance to that of the new transformation.

Whenever you perform a mystic transformation your clothes transform to match the stylized nature of this transformation. This is an even mix of actual transformation and an illusion-like glamour. Each transformation describes a basis for the type of transformation. Any item(s) worn in the face and/or head slot will always become (part of) a mask, and even if you are not wearing such an item and a transformation does not specify a mask or helmet forming you may choose to have one form. Bags and containers disappear while you are transformed unless called forth (as a move action), however you may call forth items stored in such containers with the same action it would normally be to draw the item out. Otherwise this is a purely visual effect and has no effect on the functionality of items, except that the change of costume may in some cases aid you in disguising yourself.

Each transformation has an endurance value. These function similarly to temporary hp, except you do not take damage to your emergency hp until you would be reduced to less than 1.5 x character level (round down) hp called your danger value, and they serve as the transformation’s duration. This endurance value consists of a number + your Charisma modifier times another number (for example Least Mystic Transformations typically have 3 + Charisma modifier, and Miraculous typically have 24 + Charisma modifier time 8 hp), and each round they lose an amount of Endurance listed in their transformation (typically equal to the Charisma multiplier), this is determined when you transform and effects which modify your Charisma afterwards do not increase or decrease this value. When the Endurance Value reaches 0 the transformation ends and the princess is fatigued until the end of the encounter and 1 minute thereafter or until she uses another Mystic Transformation, however if she has 2 or more mystic transformations run out during a single encounter she becomes exhausted for this period instead of fatigued. When a Princess is transformed and would be reduced to below 1.5 HP per character level (rounded down), a number known hereafter as your Danger Value, any damage in excess to that required to reduce you to your danger value is dealt to your transformation directly reducing its Endurance Value at a 1 to 1 ratio.

Endurance Value Example: Caled is a 4th level Princess with the Hi no Miko mystic transformation and 16 Charisma. Hi no Miko has an Endurance Value of 3 + Charisma modifier, or 6. Caled uses Mystic Transformation at the beginning of a battle with 3 goblins and the transformation begins with 6 Endurance. After the first round it has 5 Endurance remaining, and if Caled takes no damage after 6 rounds it would have no Endurance remaining and it would end immediately. If, however, a goblin attacked Caled and its attack would reduce her to below her Danger Value of 6 hp (1.5 x 4) the excess damage beyond that needed to reduce her to 6 would be dealt to the transformation instead. For the sake of argument the goblins strike Caled and would reduce her to 4 hp, this means that she remains at 6 HP but loses 2 points of Endurance reducing the number of rounds remaining in her transformation to 3 rounds. If on the next round, with 2 rounds remaining, she is struck for 6 damage while still at 6 hp then her transformation would end and she would take 4 damage reducing her to 2 hp.

Reading the Entries:

Name:
    Thematics: Basic visual transformation effects.
    Endurance Value: Starting Endurance Value. Endurance Cost: Amount Endurance Value is reduced by each round.
    Action: Whether the transformation is a swift or standard action, or your choice. If choice it will list a bonus effect for when you transform as a standard action here.
    Effect: The game mechanic effects. All saving throw DCs are 10 + ½ Princess level + Charisma modifier unless otherwise noted.
    Uses: Only on Lesser and Greater Mystic Transformations (all Least cost 1, all Miraculous cost 0 but are 1/day), number of daily uses of this ability they cost.

Least Mystic Transformations:

Armoring Transformation:
    Thematics: Your clothes and gear seem to shift becoming an iron like armor, a helmet forming to cover your head. Your whole body seems to become banded in metallic coating protecting you from harm.
    Endurance Value: Princess level + 1.5 times Charisma modifier. Endurance Cost: 1 per 10 minutes.
    Action: Swift.
    Effect: You gain DR 1/-, this increases to 2/- if you have Lesser Mystic Transformation, and to 3/- if you have Greater Mystic Transformation. Damage dealt to you while Shielding Transformation is active always reduces its Endurance Value even if you are above your Danger Value.

Commanding Icon:
    Thematics: Your clothes and gear seem to shift becoming something regal and commanding, taking on military designs and motifs.
    Endurance Value: 3 plus Charisma modifier. Endurance Cost: 1.
    Effect: While this Mystic Transformation is active you are considered to be 4 levels higher as a princess and to have 3 higher Charisma for the purposes of your Inspirational Presence bonus (this does not grant you improved Increased Inspiration.

Genkina Henshin:
    Thematics: Your clothes and gear seem to shift becoming something appropriate for athletic activity or acrobatics, becoming gym clothes, leotards, and the like.
    Effect: You may add your Charisma modifier to Strength and Dexterity checks as well as Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, Swim, and Tumble checks. You are considered to have 1 rank per 2 princess levels in each of these skills or your actual number of ranks + 1 whichever is higher. Your gain a +10 ft enhancement bonus to your land speed, and lastly you add twice your Charisma modifier to your Strength to determine your carrying capacity.

Kangoshi no Henshin:
    Thematics: Your clothing and gear becomes reminiscent of those associated with a nurse, typically becoming pristine white or a pastel color.
    Effect: Allies within 30 ft of you heal 1 hit point each round. In addition you may expend 1 or more points of Endurance from this ability to heal a touched creature as a standard action or part of using Healing Affections. 1 point of Endurance heals the creature Charisma modifier hit points, 2 points add +1d6, and every additional 2 points adds +1d6. This is a positive energy effect and harms undead (who are allowed a Will save for half).

Hi no Miko:
    Thematics: When you use this transformation your clothes and effects take on a red and white color scheme, pants become a skirt or dress-like train, cloaks become religious shrouds, and so forth. Even armor seems to transform merely into a religious robe. Fire may seem to dance across your clothing.
    Endurance Value: 3 + Charisma modifier. Endurance Cost: 1.
    Action: Choice. If used as a standard action when you transform you produce a flame that wards against Evil. Each conscious enemy or Evil creature that is not regarded as your enemy which is adjacent to you takes your Charisma modifier fire damage +1d6 per 3 princess levels; this damage is halved against Neutral enemies and Good aligned creatures take no damage. They are allowed to voluntarily move back 5 ft straight from you, and if they do so they may make a Reflex save for ½ damage.
    Effect: While this transformation is active you gain Fire Resistance equal to your Charisma modifier plus your Princess level and you may, as a standard action, release a bolt of cleansing flame. This cleansing flame is a ranged touch attack with a 60 ft range and deals fire damage equal to your Charisma modifier + 1d6 per 3 princess levels. Neutral creatures take ½ damage from this bolt, and Good creatures are immune. If you critically hit an Evil creature it must make a Reflex save or catch on fire taking fire damage equal to your Charisma modifier each round for 1d6 rounds or until it extinguishes itself (as one would a normal fire).

Princess of Silence:
    Thematics: Your clothes take on a frail and fragile appearance, becoming gossamer dresses or seemingly becoming light, crystalline things.
    Endurance Value: 3 + Charisma modifier. Endurance Cost: 1.
    Action: Choice. If used as a standard action you may silence the voice of one currently speaking creature for 1 round; this is typically done via readied action. A Will save at -4 negates this effect.
    Effect: Noise is impossible within 15 ft of you as you radiate a Silence effect. However your allies and Good aligned creatures within 60 ft may still hear your voice reverberating within their soul if you choose to talk, and you may spend 3 points of this transformation’s Endurance as a standard action to release a sonic burst throughout the area dealing Charisma modifier Sonic damage to all Evil creatures within the area and Stunning them for 1 round; a successful Fortitude save negates the stun.

Lesser Mystic Transformations:

Cleansing Exorcist:
    Thematics: Your clothes become a gown, dress, or suit, typically white and one other color, religious iconography appearing embroidered upon them.
    Endurance Value: 6 plus 3 times your Charisma. Endurance Cost: 2.
    Action: Choice. If you transform as a standard action Outsiders with the Evil subtype and Undead within 30 ft must make a Will save or be dazed for 1d3 rounds.
    Effect: You may use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for the purposes of attacks (and damage if applicable), and any weapon you wield overcomes DR as if it were Good aligned. In addition Outsiders with the Evil subtype and Undead within 30 ft of you suffer a -2 penalty to attack and damage rolls, and you deal +2d6 damage with attacks against such creatures.
    Cost: 2 uses.

Environment Suit:
    Thematics: Your clothes become a full body suit, a mask forming across your face.
    Endurance Value: 6 plus 3 times your Charisma. Endurance Cost: 1.
    Effect: When you learn this Mystic Transformation select an energy type (acid, cold, fire, electricity, or sonic). You gain resistance to all energy types equal to your Charisma modifier plus your class level and immunity to the chosen energy type. In addition while in this transformation you do not need to breathe and are immune to inhaled poisons.
    Cost: 1 use.

Guardian Wings:
    Thematics: Your clothes either become a resplendent heavenly dress or become armor-like.
    Endurance Value: 5 times your Princess level plus 5 times your Charisma. Endurance Cost: 2.
    Effect: You grow a pair of wings of heavenly wings granting you a fly speed of twice your land speed with Good maneuverability. In addition when you activate this mystic transformation select any number of creatures within 60 ft. Whenever you or one of these selected creatures is within 60 ft and would take damage it is dealt to this transformation’s Endurance instead. As a swift action you may add or remove any number of creatures from this sheltering effect.
    Costs: 2 uses.

Kagehime:
    Thematics: Your clothes and gear seem to become a suit or dress of elegant midnight blues, purples, and black, or else a cat suit of some sort.
    Endurance Value: 6 plus 2 times your Charisma modifier. Endurance Cost: 2.
    Action: Choice. If you transform as a standard action you may turn invisible (as the spell Invisibility including attack limitation) until the end of your next turn.
    Effect: You gain a variety of advantages with may add your Charisma modifier to Hide and Move Silently checks and may move at your full speed while making a Hide or Move Silently check at no penalty. In addition you may Hide without cover or concealment as long as you are within 10 ft of a shadow (other than your own).
    Cost: 1 use.

Greater Mystic Transformation:

State of Excellence:
    Thematics: Your outfit usually becomes reminiscent of a school uniform, or the garments of nobility, but perfectly immaculate and often heavily stylized.
    Endurance Value: 12 plus 4 times your Charisma. Endurance Cost: 2.
    Effect: You are considered to have 3 + your Princess level ranks in all skills you do not already have greater than this many ranks in, and gain a +2 to any skill which you already had at least that number of ranks in. As an immediate action you may expend 4 points of Endurance to immediately re-roll any skill check made while this transformation is active.
    Costs: 3 uses.

Suit of Absolute Command:
    Thematics: Your clothes and gear seem to shift becoming something regal and commanding, taking on either the most regal of designs or military ones. Headbands and hats become crowns, cloaks become regal capes, robes and clothes becoming the most glorious of dresses, or a military uniform.
    Endurance Value: 12 plus 4 times your Charisma. Endurance Cost: 3.
    Action: Standard.
    Effect: When you use this transformation enemies within 60 ft which can see you must make a Will save or fall prone before being dazed for 1 round. While this Mystic Transformation is active you are considered to be 4 levels higher as a princess and to have 3 higher Charisma for the purposes of your Inspirational Presence bonus (this does not grant you improved Increased Inspiration. As a standard action you may issue a command towards up to your Charisma modifier creatures, this functions like the Command spell except that it may effect multiple creatures, may affect any creature which can hear you, even if they do not understand your word, and is a supernatural ability using the save DC for your Mystical Transformations. By paying 6 pints of Endurance you may use Suggestion as a supernatural ability (using the Mystical Transformation save DC).
    Costs: 3 uses.

Variable Suit:
    Thematics: Varies.
    Endurance Value: 12 plus 4 times your Charisma. Endurance Cost: As currently emulated trasformation.
    Action: As emulated transformation.
    Effect: When you use this Mystical Transformation select any Least Mystical Transformation and gain its effect. As a swift action you may change the active transformation to any other Least Mystical Transformation with an Action to activate of Swift or Choice, and as a standard action you may change it to any other Least Mystical Transformation with an Action to activate of Standard.
    Costs: 2 uses.

Miraculous Transformation:

Princess of Argo:
    Thematics: Your clothes become red and blue, a shield-like shape becoming emblazoned upon your chest. Worn cloaks become a cape, boots becoming knee high, your hair turning a golden blonde.
    Endurance Value: 24 plus 8 times your Charisma. Endurance Cost: 6.
    Effect: You may use your Charisma in place of your Constitution for Constitution checks and in place of your Strength for all purposes, you gain a +12 enhancement bonus to your Charisma for these purposes. You gain the benefits of a haste spell, a +10 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, +90 ft enhancement to your land speed, and a fly speed equal to triple your land speed with good maneuverability. You gain DR 10/epic and energy resistance to all five energy types equal to your Charisma modifier plus ½ your class level. You gain Improved Unarmed Strike and your unarmed strikes deal 4d6 + Strength damage overcoming DR as if epic and good. Finally you gain the ability to create a 60 ft line of windstorm force winds (Fort save to resist these winds are based upon this ability’s save DC) which moves with you if you move and last till the start of your next turn or you choose to end it as a free action, and the ability to fire eyebeams as a standard action, these function as a ranged touch attack with a 60 ft range which deal 1d6 fire damage per Princess level.

Robes of the Heavenly Sainte:
    Thematics: Your clothes become religious robes, or a traditional magical girl uniform, your face immaculate and calm, an air of perfect serenity surrounding you.
    Endurance Value: 24 plus 8 times your Charisma. Endurance Cost: 6.
    Effect: Creatures which can see or hear you must make a Will save to undertake any hostile action against a living creature, this is a mind-affecting effect. Your presence heals diseases, curing any disease as if with Remove Disease merely by passing within 30 ft of a creature, and allies within 300 ft gain fast healing 10. As a standard action you may attempt to speak down a creatures, this functions as Calm Emotions on all creatures which can hear you, with a duration of how long you talk. As a standard action you may expend 2 endurance to replicate a heal spell on a touched creature. As a standard action you may touch a dead creature and expend 4 endurance + 1 per full round it has been dead to revive it as if with a revivify spell but at 1 hp. You gain a +8 bonus to Diplomacy, Heal, and Sense Motive checks.

Combining Variants - Warrior Princess and Henshin no Hime:

These variants can be combined. If you do so you gain 1 Mystic Transformation per 3 levels instead of per 2 levels (as a regular Henshin no Hime) or per 4 levels (as if they gained them at half the rate like they do Mystic Song uses). Your Princess level still counts as 3 less for the purposes of Mystic Transformations giving them a lower saving throw DC and sometimes lowered effects.

Commentary: Needs more transformations but I think this is well more than the basic amount for this thread. Might end up with more eventually, someone else might end up getting to be a transformation or two.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Phoenixflame Knight – Wildwood Knight Archetype (Neophoenix0)

A phoenixflame knight is a member of a younger order which seeks to imitate the flight of the greater phoenixes of Elysium and the Fay Courts. Said to fly between worlds, resist death absolutely, and burn with the fire of Summer itself. While most phoenixflame knights serve the seelie court, the art of the blade transfers swiftly between the two courts and their kind can be found in both courts.

A phoenixflame knight gains access to Desert Wind instead of choosing between Crushing Avalanche and Flashing Lightning.

A phoenixflame knight adds Perform to their class skill list, a phoenix’s otherworldly song is a thing of legend but they do not gain a Seasonal Skill as they cannot devote the time to the study of the traditional skills of their courts.

A phoenixflame knight does not gain Fast Movement instead they gain Bloody Step.

Bloody Step (Su): Beginning at 6th level whenever you score a critical hit in combat you may teleport up to 10 ft; this does not trigger any form of ability which allows you to make attacks on the end of teleportation. At your discretion you may appear in a burst of fire dealing 1d6 fire damage to all adjacent creatures and objects. Beginning at 12th level you may teleport 20 ft and deal 2d6 fire damage. Beginning at 18th level you may teleport up to 30 ft and deal 4d6 fire damage.

A phoenixflame knight does not gain Standing in Court as they do not study the traditional arts of the courtly knights instead they gain Phoenix Resurgence; this counts as Standing in Court for any prerequisites which do not specify a court’s ability.

Phoenix Resurgence (Su): Three times per day you may channel the fires of the phoenixes, letting them flow through you healing you hp equal to 1/4th of your maximum health.

A phoenixflame knight does not gain either of the standard choices for Red Dreams as they do not study the dreams of the Fay Lords and Ladies but instead those of the cryptic greater phoenixes. They gain Dreams of Flight a non-standard Red Dreams option, but cannot choose the standard options.

Dreams of Flight: When you use your Blood Dreams ability teleport 5 x Charisma score feet (if you appear inside an object you are shunted out and take 1d6 damage per square shunted) and gain flight with good maneuverability and 60 ft speed till the end of your next turn.

A phoenixflame knight is not the champion of either court, dedicating themselves to a creature only loosely tied to the courts. However they have viewed the dreams of the phoenixes, lost themselves in the dance of these dreams, and found its fire within. Instead of gaining their choice of Champion of Summer or Champion of Winter you gain Champion of the Phoenix.

Champion of the Phoenix: You gain a (lesser) Phoenix Companion. This companion is, in theory, an extension of your soul and you are able to project it out from you into an adjacent space as a swift or move action on your part, and, when it is adjacent to you, it may re-enter you as a standard action on its part. When it is within you, you may add fire damage equal to your charisma modifier to any martial strike you initiate, and you gain Fire Resistance 30. When you project it forth it becomes a creature (see stats below). If slain your Phoenix Companion reforms itself within your soul in a process taking a week (give or take a few hours) and you suffer 1 negative level for one hour. If you die your Lesser Phoenix dies 1 hour later. It is completely and absolutely loyal to you, being an extension of your own being. You possess an empathic link with this companion as a sorcerer does with their familiar, but it is deeper allowing for full telepathic communication out to 1/2 a mile; when your Lesser Phoenix is adjacent to you, you gain the benefits of the Alertness feat.

Spoiler: Lesser Phoenix
    Show
    Phoenix, Lesser
    Medium Magical Beast (Fire)
    Hit Dice: 16d10+80 (168 hp)
    Initiative: +8
    Speed: 20 ft (4 squares), or fly 90 ft (good)
    Armor Class: 26 (+8 Dexterity, +5 natural, +3 deflection), touch 21, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+19
    Attack: Bite +24 melee (1d8+4 plus 2d6 fire and 2d6 divine energy)
    Full Attack: Bite +24 melee (1d8+4 plus 2d6 fire and 2d6 divine energy) and 2 claws +21 melee (1d6+2 plus 2d6 fire and 2d6 divine energy)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Breath weapon, fire flight, sacred fire
    Special Qualities: Active healing, cold vulnerability, fast healing 5, fire immunity, flaming body, immunity to negative energy, death effects, and energy drain.
    Saves: Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 27, Con 21, Int 14, Wis 19, Cha 16.
    Skills: Listen +23, Perform (Song) +20, Sense Motive +23, Spot +31, Tumble +18.
    Feats: Flyby Attack, Healing DevotionCC, Heighten BreathDra, Maximize BreathDra, Multiattack, Weapon Finesse.
    Environment: Elysium or temperate plains and hills.
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 13
    Treasure: Standard.
    Alignment: Always Neutral Good (Elysium), or often Chaotic Good (Fay) (Phoenixflame Knight’s alignment)
    Advancement: 17-24 HD (Medium).
    Level Adjustment:

A lesser phoenix is a race of highly intelligent bird with the ability to breathe fire and whose bodies are wreathed in sacred flames.

A lesser phoenix is a dweller in the plains of Elysium, a welcome sight across the fields of the Blessed Dead. Songbirds by nature their songs and their warmth are welcome companions of travelers across the plane, but one is advised not to commit evil in its sight, for it will not broke with evil deeds and will burn those who commit them.

Most lesser phoenixes on the Prime, however, are so called ‘fay’ phoenixes. Mechanically identical these phoenixes are normally associated with the seelie court and are much more likely to be of a non-good alignment. They are creatures of song and expression, violent to those who act against their own personal (and often unique) moral codes, and prone to overweening vanity such that the one certain way to anger them is to insult their song or plumage.

A lesser phoenix speaks Sylvan, and, if from Elysium, Celestial, as well as 2 additional languages (for high Int) usually Ignan and Common.

Combat:
    A lesser phoenix prefers to begin combat with a powerful fire blast before flying in to engage with its flaming claws and beak.

Active Healing (Su): As a standard action a lesser phoenix can focus on its self-recuperation healing itself 4d8+16 hp.

Breath Weapon (Su): A lesser phoenix has a single breath weapon a 30 ft cone of fire dealing 14d6 damage, half this damage is fire and half is pure divine force not affected by fire resistance or immunity. A Reflex save (DC 23, Constitution based) halves this damage. Once a lesser phoenix uses this breath weapon it must wait 1d4 rounds to do so again. Typically they will use this ability as a full round action to maximize it and increase its DC to 28 dealing 84 damage, and increasing the time till they can use it again to 1d4+8 rounds.

Fire Flight (Su): As a full round action a lesser phoenix can fly up to twice its speed, or four times in a straight line, spilling fire in its wake. Any creature it passes over or adjacent to during this flight takes 5d6 damage, half this damage is fire and half is pure divine force. A Reflex save is allowed for half damage (DC 23, Constitution based).

Flaming Body (Su): A lesser phoenix’s body is writhed in flames providing light as a lantern. This fire will not burn, and in fact while it will warm a creature will not increase the temperature to damaging levels even with prolonged exposure. However if a creature strikes the phoenix with a (non-reach) melee attack the fires will turn hostile dealing 2d6+3 (Charisma modifier) damage to the attacking creature, half of this damage is fire damage and half is pure divine force not subject to (fire) resistance or immunity.

Sacred Flames (Su): A lesser phoenix’s talons and beak writhe with divine fire when it attacks. This fire deals 4d6 damage, one half (2d6) of which is fire damage and one half (2d6) is pure divine force not subject to (fire) resistance or immunity. This is included in the phoenix’s stats above.

Skills: A lesser phoenix gains a +8 racial bonus to Perform (Sing) and Spot checks.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-29 at 10:53 PM.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

New Feat for Thralls (inuyasha)

Invocation of Eenooyasya [Vile]
    You have learned the rites to invoke one of the greater servitors of the Outer Gods, the shadow-crow Eenooyasya channeling his primordial magic through your body.
    Prerequisites: Servant of the Old Ones, Knowledge (arcana) or Spellcraft 5 ranks.
    Benefit:
    You gain the ability to invoke the ancient and untamed magic of the beginning of times, channeling it through your body at the capricious will of Eenooyasya. You may channel this power through your body 2 times per day against a target within 30 ft. Roll upon the table corresponding to your character level or that belonging to a lower character level to determine the effects of this invocation. The invocation is always considered a spell-like ability with a spell-level corresponding to the level listed on the table for the rolled result, save DC 10 + Spell level + your Cha modifier, and a caster level of your character level. You must choose your target before rolling. Using this feat is a standard action.

Spoiler: Tables
    Show
    Character level 2-5
    Roll Effect Spell Level
    1 You become the target, roll again -
    2 Target takes 5d6 electricity damage (Ref halves) 2nd
    3 Target is unable to see you for 1 minute/CL or until you attack them (Will negates) 2nd
    4 A swarm of spiders emerge from the target’s flesh dealing 3d6 damage and then beginning to attack the nearest living creatures for 1 round/CL before turning into so much of goo, a Fort save prevents the emergence of the spiders and halves the damage 2nd
    5 Target is teleported 1d6x30 ft directly away from you, if they would appear within a solid object they are shunted out of it taking 1d6 damage per 5 ft traveled, unlike normally with teleportation they do not have to appear on solid ground. Will negates. 2nd
    6 Target suffers a Strength penalty of 1d6+1/2 your CL for 1 minute/caster level 1st
    7 Nothing happens -
    8 Target is blinded permanently (Fort negates) 2nd

Character level 6-10
    Roll Effect Spell Level
    2 Target is charmed as Charm Monster for 1 hour/caster level, Will negates (+5 to save if you’ve attacked them); you are charmed by target on backfire. 4th
    3 Target is Confused for 1 round/caster level except that on a 91-100 they attack themselves instead of the nearest creature (this does not cause them to attack themselves on the next round); Will negates 4th
    4 Target contracts Black Spit (see below) which manifests immediately as if with a Contagion spell, Fort negates 4th
    5 Target suffers a targeted Dispel Magic but suffers 1 point of Charisma damage for each spell effect dispelled (magic items suppressed do not inflict this damage). 4th
    6 Target takes 8d6 electricity damage (Fort halves) 4th
    7 Target becomes unable to move from their square for 1 round/CL. This is a mind-affecting compulsion and Will negates. 4th
    8 Target becomes a Large Monstrous Spider as if through Polymorph for 1 hour/caster level (Fort negates) 5th

Character Level 11-15
    Roll Effect Spell Level
    2 For 1 round/caster level at the beginning of each of the target’s turns they teleport 1d6x30 ft in a random direction, if they would appear within a solid object they are shunted out of it taking 1d6 damage per 5 ft traveled, unlike normally with teleportation they do not have to appear on solid ground. Will negates. 7th
    3 Target contracts Black Dissolution (see below) which manifests immediately as if with a Contagion spell, Fort negates 6th
    4 Target dies, this is a death effect, unless they succeed a Fortitude save in which case they take 3d6 + CL damage 7th
    5 Target enters a Frenzy as a Frenzied Berserker, and begins to attack their former allies in preference to all other foes. This frenzy lasts 1 round/caster level. This is a mind-affecting compulsion and a successful Will save negates the effect. 7th
    6 Target takes 15d6 electricity damage (Fort halves) 6th
    7 Target’s hand (randomly determined which one) drops off dealing 8d6 damage, and it grows to Gargantuan size (or as large as space permits) becoming a Monstrous Spider of that size, this monstrous spider possesses an overwhelming need to kill its originator. A Fortitude save halves the damage and prevents the hand from dropping off to kill its creator. 7th
    8 Target is affected as if hit by a Disintegrate spell. 6th

Character Level 16-20
    Roll Effect Spell Level
    2 Target takes 30d6 electricity damage (Fort halves) 8th
    3 Target dies (this is a death effect) exploding in a burst of disease ridden goo that inflicts Black Dissolution on all creatures within 15 feet (Fort DC 18 negates) with an incubation period of 1 round. A Fort save from the target prevents their death and the resulting goo, reducing it to just 5d6 + CL damage. 8th
    4 Target is dominated as if by Dominate Monster for 1 hour/caster level. 9th
    5 As Finger of Death but if target fails their save they immediately rise as a Dread Wraith bent on killing all their loved ones. 9th
    6 Target’s eyes drop from their skull, sending shocks of electricity through their body as they do so, dealing 12d6 electricity damage and blinding the target. These eyes then each grow into a colossal monstrous centipede (or whatever size category can fit in the space available) bent on eaten its source. A successful Fortitude save prevents the loss of the eyes and their subsequent transformation but does nothing to the damage. 9th
    7 Target is teleported to an immediately dangerous location on a random Inner or Lower Plane and then affected as if by Dimensional Anchor for 1 round/caster level. Will negates 9th
    8 Target becomes possessed by a powerful and ancient evil force. Physically and mentally they are transformed into a golothoma (Elder Evils page 118) (this is a polymorph subschool effect as updated in PHBII and Complete Mage, meaning all game statistics are replaced with those of a golothoma’s) their personality and motivations twisting to a Chaotic Evil set of desires filled with the urges of an obyrith. A successful Will save negates this effect and they may make a Will save using their old Will save bonus each day to revert it. If Elder Evils is unavailable use a nalfeshnee (tanar’ri) instead. 9th

Spoiler: Black Spit
    Show
    Black Spit:
    The disease’s name come from one of the more interesting symptoms, it colors the patient’s saliva and phlegm an ashy black. As a warning to caretakers the disease seems to spread through bodily fluids.

Incubation Period: 1d4+1 days. Fort save DC: 14. Disease Damage: 1d3 Constitution, and 1 Wisdom.

Spoiler: Black Dissolution
    Show
    Black Dissolution

This disease owes its name to its side effects. While a nuisance to a warrior, it is a true danger to a spellcaster, the virus infecting their ability to cast spells causing them to release their magic almost at random. The disease itself seems to be found in ancient ruins and temples to beings from before the current reality, the citadels and centers of power for Outer Gods, Elder Evils, and Ancient Ones, as well as aboleth (who are themselves immune) cities. It's symptoms include dark circles around the eyes, homicidal outbursts, and sudden spurts of black ichor from your body when you cast spells. This last, combined with the fatal end to casting too many spells when infected, is the source of this disease's name.

Disease DC: 18

Disease Damage: 1d6 Wisdom.

Incubation Period: 1d6+1 days.

Special: When infected with Black Dissolution whenever you are in immediate threat to your life, such as combat, you must make a Will save against the disease's DC, and must make another one for every 3 rounds it continues. If you fail this Will save you must spend your turn attacking the nearest living creature unless you can cast spells or use invocations. If you can cast spells (or use invocations) you must cast a random spell (or use a random invocation) of your highest (effective) spell level on a random legal target, or if an area of effect at its maximum range (limited by line of sight/effect) in a random direction; spells are always used before invocations even if they are lower level.

In addition whenever you cast a spell (or invocation) of your highest currently available (effective) spell level you suffer Constitution damage based upon its spell level as black ichor oozes from your body. 1 if it was 0 level, 1d4 points of Constitution damage if it was 1st to 3rd, 1d6 if it was 4th to 6th, 1d8 if it was 7th or 8th, and 1d10 if it was 9th. If this Constitution damage reduces a creature's Constitution to 0 they dissolve into black goop. This black goop is an ooze with 1 HD and small size if they were Small, 3 HD and medium size if they were Medium, 5 HD and large size if they were large, and is a black pudding if they were huge or larger. If it is an ooze of a smaller size it cannot attack, but has 22 Con (as a black pudding) a black pudding's speed, blindsight, and ooze traits, and an instinctual need to combine with other black goop to form a 10 HD black pudding, to combine simply requires moving into the same square and then adding Hit Dice. The black goop may combine with an extent black pudding to add its HD to the pudding's to a maximum of 30 HD.

Infusions, and Mysteries that are cast as spells are considered spells for Black Dissolution, but utterances and non-invocation spell-like abilities are unaffected.

Finally as a supernatural disease Black Dissolution's effects are suppressed in an anti-magic or dead magic area, and it is difficult to cure with Remove Disease or Heal requiring a DC 20 CL check with a Remove Curse or Break Enchantment spell before it can be removed through other magic within the next minute. Black Dissolution otherwise resists all attempts to cure it.

Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you do you gain 2 additional uses of it.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-31 at 01:34 PM.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, can I get in on this? I'm a major fan of your Halloween Harvest. I'm still disappointed I couldn't contribute more to it.

Ahem.
    -I like to study myth, legend, religion, philosophy, and all of fantasy's other miscellaneous grandparents.
    -Been a fan of Homestuck since its year of inception. Can't hide from that one, may as well walk towards it.
    -I've been playing strategy games for years: mostly Warcraft and Disgaea. I'm kind of bad at them.
    -My taste in music fluctuates fast enough to cause whiplash.
    -I write down every single half-decent idea I have for literally anything, since it might be useful later. I'm up to two notebooks and a head-count of a couple hundred or so assorted notepad files.
    -I self-identify as a madman.

Is any of that helpful?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It's my honour to be able to give permission.

I'm what you might call a Bardadin of Freedom. I like Bards, and I almost always use three levels of Paladin of Freedom in my builds for that sweet Charisma to saves and immunity to compulsions. Basically, I love Charisma. I enjoy martial initiation, and dislike casting (mostly because of all the effort of diving into books for the right spells. I absolutely loathe prepared casting. Like SLAs, though).

I'm a fan of RWBY and similar wuxia material, and enjoy reading/writing and JRPGs.

I like to think of myself as uncanny and somewhat wise, in that blinkered way that anyone who took philosophy in college thinks they're wise.

I really enjoyed your Dragon Chorister, Doomsayer, Tall Tale and Incarnation, though I've only played the Chorister, and admittedly found it lacking some options.

Hope some of that helps to inspire you.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

As a general odds against anything else being made in the next ~18 hours is high.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooPaladin View Post
    Is any of that helpful?
    Should be. I'd be tempted to make something voodoo based but... 1) I know next to nothing about voodoo (good free resources would always be appreciated) and I know my ignorance would show badly because I know just enough to know you can't trust Hollywood on it at all, 2) might get close to the real world religion stuff. There are ideas percolating, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    I really enjoyed your Dragon Chorister, Doomsayer, Tall Tale and Incarnation, though I've only played the Chorister, and admittedly found it lacking some options.

Hope some of that helps to inspire you.
    It definitely does. Did have some questions about the bolded part.

1) What was the level range?

2) Think the Chords probably should have been more uses per day? Just looked over it to update tables and realized they're all 1/day which is awfully low. I mean I know some of the why I made that choice (Standard action start hymn, cycle through hymns dealing ~1d6 level every other round while buffing allies on the rounds you aren't, medium BAB for back up melee) but I might have been being much, much too conservative. Might also need a Chord at 5th and 9th or 10th level.

Truth be told as much time probably went into the fluff as the crunch of dragon chorister. Made most of the class while at the gym, and just fine tuned bits when I got back (the chords probably took some time), and in a lot of ways it was an experiment in class design, but I've never actually playtested it since well looking at it by the end of the contest I didn't really like it too much because... I felt it probably lacked actual options, was weird for multiclassing because so much went off of its class level but at the same time you could theoretically keep the hymns going continuously outside of combat, as long as you weren't concerned about the noise, meaning you were doing your main schtick without any action cost which frees you to... full attack worse than an NPC warrior which isn't much at all. Then again it was one of the few classes really made for the sole purpose of a contest (last minute entry, made in like 1-2 hours not counting time at the gym) which is one reason it has 1 ability/level for all but 2 levels and one of those is first ('dead' levels did very badly in contests at that point, and double levels looked aesthetically unappealing to me).

(Dragon Chorister falls in an odd place of 'I feel this was a bad path of design, but I am fond of it anyway', similarly to the Princess actually, as opposed to my other class made while walking at the gym between sets of weights which is 'I feel this was a bad an uninteresting class')
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-30 at 02:21 AM.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Phoenixflame Knight – Wildwood Knight Archetype (Neophoenix0)
    hOi!!!!!!
    RATED TEM OUTTA TEM
    Spoiler: Warning: very famus VERY!!!!!
    Show
    ...Ima go find some kind of anti-caffeine drink.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It was level 14. We were playing a WotC web module.

As for the 1/day, didn't even notice that . Just kept cycling through hymns as appropriate. This made me a valued buffer for two Mythos characters. Just to emphasise, that made me valuable – to Mythic characters . They were mightily impressed with the buffs I was able to provide, though my lack of offensive fire/acid attacks was telling, since we were fighting trolls.

If I had used them as 1/day, things would not have gone nearly as well for us. Especially since I started using Protection every time I was about to do something that might trigger a trap .
    Last edited by Eno Remnant; 2016-01-30 at 02:18 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Only with iron will the song survive the fire." - Eno, survivor of the massacre of the Monastery of Tolshack.

Drawbacks: You lose Chord of Entanglement (3rd), Chord of Dragging (7th), Chord of Immobilization (12th), Chord of Time (14th), Chord of Stunning (17th), and Chord of Death (19th). Your skill points per level are reduced to 4 + Int.

Benefits:

At 1st level you gain proficiency in a single melee weapon of your choice, as well as a limited form of martial initiating.

At 1st, 3rd, 7th, 12th, 14th, 17th, and 19th level you select a single maneuver from each of Desert Wind, Flashing Lightning, or Crushing Avalanche. You can use 1 of these maneuvers (without choosing which before hand) each encounter at 1st level, increasing to 2 at 3rd, 3 at 7th, 4 at 12th, 5 at 14th, 6 at 17th, and 7 at 19th, you cannot however use the same maneuver twice in a single encounter this way. You cannot recover these maneuvers without spending a full minute to rest and relax, they are not readied and abilities that allow you to recover maneuvers (including adaptive style) do not allow you to regain them; if you can initiate maneuvers from a different source (such as Martial Study or Initiator levels) you may learn and ready an identical maneuver in that fashion, although these maneuvers are considered known for the purposes of prerequisites. When you initiate one of these maneuvers if you are singing a draconic hymn you may use your Charisma modifier in place of your Strength for attack and damage and any relevant ability score for the purposes of the initiated maneuver.

At 5th level, 10th level, 15th level, and 20th level you may select a single stance from one of these disciplines to learn.

Design Commentary: Probably a straight power boost (see my question #2 above to realize I apparently thought they had more chords and more uses of the ones they had) but it's also probably more fun and more interesting. Also elemental maneuvers fit dragons, though makes me feel I need to make a Dragon Discipline or an Acid one... well maybe in March.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-31 at 01:33 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    hOi!!!!!!
    RATED TEM OUTTA TEM
    Spoiler: Warning: very famus VERY!!!!!
    Show
    ...Ima go find some kind of anti-caffeine drink.
    You might should get the anti-caffeine drink... I also really don't know if Tem outta Tem is good or a scathing condemnation from the very bowels of the Abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    It was level 14. We were playing a WotC web module.

As for the 1/day, didn't even notice that . Just kept cycling through hymns as appropriate. This made me a valued buffer for two Mythos characters. Just to emphasise, that made me valuable – to Mythic characters . They were mightily impressed with the buffs I was able to provide, though my lack of offensive fire/acid attacks was telling, since we were fighting trolls.

If I had used them as 1/day, things would not have gone nearly as well for us. Especially since I started using Protection every time I was about to do something that might trigger a trap .
    Hymns are at-will with the cycling limitation, the Chords (slightly fancy Power Words) are the 1/day ones. And that is a I think I based the math on bard, but I made it quick and sloppy so it was something like "Bard + Song of the Heart + Inspirational Boost is +6 at 20th right?"

And apparently you're a martial archetype which might need revision if I ever get up the desire to actually revise Dragon Chorister.

Edit: Quick check reveals Protection is math based off of Mass Conviction cap is removed allowing it to get to +7 at 20th instead of being capped at +5 at 18th... which is probably later than I expected when making it. Might should have been +1 + 1/4 but meh.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-30 at 02:45 AM.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Zaydos Expands on Past Work - Playgrounder Caricatures Edition

Hm .. I like wizards and warlocks...
    I like spells and invocations that are Sci fi and/or futuristic and/or modern...

There are too few truly modern and sci-fi spells and invocations

I like cats, familiar?

I like IT, electronics, phones, tablets, gadgets and computers

I like carpentry

I like barbarians, rage spell?

I like sniper games

I like D20 (obviously)

I guess I kind of request a kind of wizard/invocation user with a strong Sci fi kinda feel?

Oh and permission granted

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

You might should get the anti-caffeine drink... I also really don't know if Tem outta Tem is good or a scathing condemnation from the very bowels of the Abyss.
    Is good, is very good! Tem is very famus VERY!!!!!

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Glorious. Simply glorious. Also, I now need to make a character based on that quote.

As for the Chords, oops. That's what I get for trying to respond while distracted. Yeah, I tried using chords on some enemies early on, and they were too strong for me to have a lasting effect - subsequently, they were blown before they could be of use. Though that's my own fault for assuming the enemy wouldn't have enough HP to resist it. Chords really need you to soften an enemy up first. 1/day is a little tight, yeah, but judiciously applied I'd call it fair. One is not likely to face more than one or two enemies that require that kind of delaying in a day.
    Last edited by Eno Remnant; 2016-01-30 at 10:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Techno-Surgical Juggernaut or Exaggerated Cyberneticist – Tall Tale Archetype (tsj)

Unlike a traditional Tall Tale, a Techno-Surgical Juggernaut is no servant of the narrative, no hero born of luck and bluster. Instead they are dedicated to self-improvement through the esoteric art of cybernetics. They replace parts of their body and mind with machines granting them the ability to do otherwise unheard of feats of skill and amazement, things that were a normal human to do could surely be nothing more than a big fish story of exaggeration to amuse one’s friends and loved ones on a winter day.

At 1st level you gain Exaggerated Cybernetics granting you ranks in Craft (blacksmithing), Knowledge (architecture and engineering), and Craft (cybernetics) which cannot be used as a normal Craft skill (there just isn’t demand for advanced cybernetics) but is used in your continuing quest for self ‘perfection’). This replaces the Exaggerated Skill you would gain at 1st level and counts as an Exaggerated Skill, Craft (cybernetics) if the precise skill becomes important. When you would gain a Lesser, Greater, or Storied Exaggerated Skill you may gain that level of Exaggerated Cybernetics and assuming you remain single classed will have to at no later than 10th, 15th, and 20th respectively.

Spoiler: Exaggerated Cybernetics
    Show
    Least Exaggerated Cybernetics: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger's favored enemy and bane weapons), you count as both your type and a construct. You gain a +4 bonus on all saving throws against mind-affecting effects, disease, paralysis, poison, and stun effects, are not subject to fatigue or exhaustion, and are immune sleep effects. You also gain a single upgrade suite from the list below:

Arm: You gain a natural slam attack dealing 1d6 damage. It gains a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage per 5 ranks in Craft (cybernetics) beyond 2 (7/12/17/22 or 4/9/14/19 in PF), and overcomes DR as adamantine if you have the Greater Exaggerated Skill.

Brain: You gain Improved Initiative, and 3/day you may add your Int modifier to Knowledge checks (this is in addition to the regular time).

Spine: Your carrying capacity is increased by 50%, you gain a +2 on Strength checks made to resist overrun, bull rush, and trip attempts.

Lesser Exaggerated Cybernetics: Your type changes to Construct and you gain the Living Construct and Augmented [your former type] subtypes. You gain all immunities associated with being a Living Construct. In addition you gain a +2 natural armor bonus, and a 25% chance to ignore the additional damage from a critical hit or precision damage. 1/day you may make a Craft (cybernetics) check as a 5 minute action to heal 4 hp per character level, and may be repaired with a Craft (cybernetics or blacksmithing) check as normal for a construct.

You also gain three upgrade modules, these upgrade modules each grant you a Least Exaggerated Skill and 4 ranks in its associated skill(s), increasing to 5 ranks if your Tall Tale level is 7, 6 ranks if it is 8, 7 ranks if it is 9, to a maximum of 8 ranks if it is 10. You may only have one upgrade module installed at a time. Each upgrade module weighs 2 lbs and can be created with a Craft (cybernetics) check (DC 25), and have a market price of 3000 GP costing 1000 GP in raw materials to replace but you may make them at 10 times the regular speed with craft checks. Swapping an upgrade module takes 1 minute to remove it, although you or another creature if you are willing or helpless may tear it out as a full round action dealing 5d6 damage to yourself in the process, and 1 minute to install a new module.

Greater Exaggerated Cybernetics: You gain +2 to Strength, DR 2/adamantine, your natural armor increases by another +2 (+4 over your original), and you now have a 5% chance per Tall Tale level to ignore the additional damage from a critical hit or precision damage.

You gain the ability to make Constructs which are made primarily of metal through the use of Craft (cybernetics). These constructs lack any Su abilities they would normally possess, but are otherwise identical to their normal versions. Creating a construct requires you to have 3 more ranks in Craft (cybernetics) than the minimum level a normal character can make the construct at (either determined by any hard requirements or minimum level for spells) but you need not meet any other requirements. This requires the body to be built, and then raw materials for the electronics to animate it costing ½ its normal market price value. Constructing a construct this way is a DC 20 + HD Craft check and you can craft it at 10 times its normal speed (use its normal market price value to determine how quickly it is finished).

You also gain the ability to make additional upgrade modules that function as those granted by the Lesser Exaggerated skill. You may make an upgrade module for any Exaggerated Skill, and may have 3 upgrade modules installed at a time. You now make upgrade modules at 20 times the regular speed. You may now remove an upgrade module as a full round action and install a new one as the same.

Storied Exaggerated Cybernetics: You lose the Living Construct subtype gaining the full benefits. You retain your Constitution score, but are considered to have Con – whenever it is beneficial. You may choose to allow mind-affecting effects to bypass your immunity. Your DR increases to 5/adamantine and your natural armor and Strength both increase by an additional +2.

You may now make a Craft (cybernetics) check to heal yourself 3 times per day instead of once.

Your upgrade modules improve granting you 9 skills ranks plus 1 per Tall Tale level beyond 16th you possess, and the Lesser Exaggerated Skill as well as the Least. You may now keep 3 additional upgrade modules in a half-installed state and switching between one of these and an active upgrade module (making it be in this half-installed state) is only a standard action.

An Exaggerated Cyberneticist is freed from the bonds of narrative. At 2nd level an Exaggerated Cyberneticist does not gain Skin of your Teeth instead they gain Optimal Performance. And at 3rd level they do not gain Blessing of Kindness instead gaining Upgraded Senses. At 12th level they do not gain Extended Skin of your Teeth but instead gain Extended Optimal Performance. At 17th level they do not gain Uncanny Luck instead gaining Overcharge Upgrade Module.

Optimal Performance (Ex): When at greater than 75% health your cybernetics perform optimally granting you DR 2/admantine (or increasing that granted by Exaggerated Cybernetics by 2), a +2 competence bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and a +1 competence bonus on attack rolls, AC, saving throws, and damage.

Upgraded Senses (Ex): You gain Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, and may use Intelligence in place of Wisdom for Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.

Extended Optimal Performance (Ex): Your bonuses from Optimal Performance now apply as long as you have more than ½ your maximum health.

Overcharge Upgrade Module (Ex): Once per day you may cause an upgrade module to flare to full life. You gain skill ranks in the associated skill(s) equal to your Tall Tale level +3 instead of the normal amount (though still capped at Character Level +3) and you gain the Greater Exaggerated Skill associated with that skill. These benefits last 3 + Int modifier rounds, after which point the upgrade module is burnt out and non-functional until removed and repaired requiring 1 hour of work and a DC 30 Craft (cybernetics) check.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-31 at 01:32 PM.

Current Projects: