New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Not receiving email notifications of new posts in subscribed threads

I am not sure if this is the right place to report this, but I am not receiving email notifications of new posts in my subscribed threads. The threads in question have "Instant" notification selected and I have received notifications for many years now, so I am familiar with how they are supposed to work.

Is there something wrong, or do I need to re-do something? Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Not receiving email notifications of new posts in subscribed threads

Can confirm I too am not getting my subscription emails.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Not receiving email notifications of new posts in subscribed threads

I still got mine today.

I had the same thing a few months ago, but at the end of the month and then it was a question of exceeding the quota of send messages according to the mods.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Haven't received any since last Thursday. I think something like this has happened a couple of times, then I suddenly get a bunch of emails at once.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Haven't received any since last Thursday. I think something like this has happened a couple of times, then I suddenly get a bunch of emails at once.
    Last Thursday was my most recent as well. Specifically 3:23 UK time, when Rockphed posted in the Girl Genius thread. I hope the Playground isn't doing what Youtube did and quietly dropping email notifications without a proper announcement.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Last Thursday was my most recent as well. Specifically 3:23 UK time, when Rockphed posted in the Girl Genius thread. I hope the Playground isn't doing what Youtube did and quietly dropping email notifications without a proper announcement.
    They're not dropping notifications altogether, I'm still getting mine without issues.
    ithilanor on Steam.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Can confirm I too am not getting my subscription emails.

GW
    Update: found the issue, and it was at my end: gmail decided that the update emails where spam, and had been sending them all to the spam folder. Thankfully, telling it that they are not has reversed the problem for now, and I am getting the emails into the main inbox again.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

8. - Top - End - #8

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Update: found the issue, and it was at my end: gmail decided that the update emails where spam, and had been sending them all to the spam folder. Thankfully, telling it that they are not has reversed the problem for now, and I am getting the emails into the main inbox again.

GW
    (Original poster here)

Not the same issue - my email has been good for a long time and I check my Junk Mail/Spam and they aren't there. Still haven't gotten notification emails on my subscribed threads.

9. - Top - End - #9

Was just coming here to post the very same thing.

I checked a thread I am subscribed too and was surprised to see posts. As new as yesterday and today.

Checked my email. Nothing.

Checked Spam. Nothing there.

Trash? Nothing there.

Searched All Mail including trash and spam for the word "Stick" in the last 30 days.

An email from about a week and a half ago.

So yeah - I can confirm - no longer getting notification emails.
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

10. - Top - End - #10

Also not sending me an email notification when I get a DM/Private Message on here. I have a private message right now (Notifications: 1) - that I never got an email for.
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)

11. - Top - End - #11

NecromancerGuy

Just got a bunch of emails today. Hopefully that means things are fixed. I will update to confirm.

Edit: Got a new alert later in the day. The problem looks to be resolved for now. Thank you!

12. - Top - End - #12

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Just got a bunch of emails today. Hopefully that means things are fixed. I will update to confirm.

Edit: Got a new alert later in the day. The problem looks to be resolved for now. Thank you!
    Me too (first one at 6AM BST, if anyone's curious). Glad to see the issue resolved.