New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default League of Legends : Yo, can Yordles yodel?

Greeting Summoners!

I wanted to make a thread for League of Legends. So we can speak of it in general

============

Ok, first... I had a idea for a rework for Teemo. I know teemo had a rework that was scratched off by Riot. Wish they would have done it but if dont wanna do it, I have another idea:

I was thinking making him be able to share his mushroom with other players. They would do less damage but their warding will improve and the slow will still be there. the rest of the rework... Well the boost of speed would be camouflage and the poison would be the passive, like Rito idea. To allow better positionning. I think the mushroom being able to be share would give teemo something different in league of legends, as the ability to give wards to your allies.

The irony is that by spreading the toxic mushroom around the map, maybe people would become less toxic if I pick Teemo?

============

Who else dont care about the LOL championship, e-sports and the like?

Sure its fun to see good plays but I dont see the appeal of taking a plane ticket to go to a E-sport event... Or even watching an e-sport game live.

Someone want to share there experience going to such event?

============

Want to share skins idea?

Personnaly, I wish they would have done Garden Gnome Kled. Skarll would be a pink flamingo and his basics attacks while mounted would be done by Skarll and his beak instead. His bear traps could remain the same or just be garden hose sprinkler. Unmounted, he would have a leaf blower.

Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-09-30 at 01:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends : Yo, can Yordles yodel?

An interesting choice, but I don't feel like Teemo needs a rework. Teemo is played frequently and actually does pretty well.

I like watching the e-sports, though yeah, I'd never ever pay actual money to do so. I learn quite a bit from their play, so it's useful too.

Garden Gnome kled would be pretty funny. I also like the idea of reverse Kled, where a giant Kled carries a miniature Skaarl around. All the dialogue is replaced with hisses and clicks.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    An interesting choice, but I don't feel like Teemo needs a rework. Teemo is played frequently and actually does pretty well.

I like watching the e-sports, though yeah, I'd never ever pay actual money to do so. I learn quite a bit from their play, so it's useful too.

Garden Gnome kled would be pretty funny. I also like the idea of reverse Kled, where a giant Kled carries a miniature Skaarl around. All the dialogue is replaced with hisses and clicks.
    I guess it's my fault to be so bad at Teemo then... But I loved the rework they wanted to do and be able to use stealth at the push of a button. Way better then his current useless passive. If he could give the extra mushroom he get from dying to his teammates, I feel like it would make the game different though.

And I dont like the idea of Reverse Kled myself. I dont think it wouldd work for models purpose AND its not even funny. Sorry

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: A league of legends thread? On Giantitp?
    Show

What year is it?

Anyways I love watching professional league, and would spend money on it if I had the cash. Given the choice between a movie ticket and a LCS ticket I'd buy the LCS ticket every time I think. Unfortunately the studio is in California and I don't think the playoffs are coming back to Toronto soon (and I don't like traveling, not that big of a fan). Personally I love watching and tracking the various storylines throughout the season, adn trying to keep tabs on all the good teams for meta adjustments and for worlds. I don't watch every game but I usually watch a game or two of my favorite teams when the season is on.

I suspect if this thread gets much traction it will be filled with Worlds discussion, as the tournament starts tomorrow (technically). However the thread might not be too popular, as I believe a lot of the old blood has stopped playing league as much and/or moved to the Root-party mumble/discord server. Speaking of which here is a link (https://discord.gg/S4G8W2). We have 2 league text chats (one for League/TFT and one for esports) but because most of us don't play anymore we have a ton of other channels/games too.
    Last edited by EternalMelon; 2019-10-01 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Teemo is in a bit of an unfortunate spot where he could use some reworking to give him a bit more power that his current kit won't really support, but his playerbase sorta prevents that. In that he's got quite a few players, but they play him for different reasons. A lot of people play him for nukeshrooms. A lot play him to be a lane bully and split pusher. A lot play him because he's fuzzy and adorable, or because he has a simple kit that's easy to pick up. Any change to appeal to one group is going to annoy others, and he's just strong enough to mostly perform, so he's basically left in a *slightly* underpowered state not getting the tweaks needed to give him a healthy kit.

And yeah, worlds just started, which is exciting. There doesn't seem to be a worlds song this year, though? Or else they're releasing it after play-ins, which sucks and feels pretty disrespectful to the teams playing now.
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2019-10-02 at 11:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Teemo is in a bit of an unfortunate spot where he could use some reworking to give him a bit more power that his current kit won't really support, but his playerbase sorta prevents that. In that he's got quite a few players, but they play him for different reasons. A lot of people play him for nukeshrooms. A lot play him to be a lane bully and split pusher. A lot play him because he's fuzzy and adorable, or because he has a simple kit that's easy to pick up. Any change to appeal to one group is going to annoy others, and he's just strong enough to mostly perform, so he's basically left in a *slightly* underpowered state not getting the tweaks needed to give him a healthy kit.

And yeah, worlds just started, which is exciting. There doesn't seem to be a worlds song this year, though? Or else they're releasing it after play-ins, which sucks and feels pretty disrespectful to the teams playing now.
    I suspect it's not ready yet and they'd release it if they could. Which is probably a breach of contract somewhere that someone is getting paid a lot less for for not delivering product on time.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Personally, I feel Sona needs a nerf. In mid lane, she can beat basically anyone.

And about Teemo, they should make his devil skin his base skin and get a "Swift Scout Teemo" skin, because he's a demonic creature.
    Lassar avatar made by myself, with RPG Maker MV

Be as gentle as the water.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

The LoL thread was one of the longer running ones, but it kind of petered out as people stopped playing the game and there were better avenues to discuss the game and builds.

I started right when Nidalee was released; my friend got addicted to LoL and gave everybody RP cards for Christmas.

I stopped playing right around when the new Summoner's Rift was released, since I was a jungle main and didn't have the time or inclination to learn the new jungle; all of my friends had quit already and my first child was born. As a parent, it's difficult for me to carve out 20-30 minutes of uninterrupted time, so I've transitioned to shorter games like Hearthstone. I liked TFT, but again, the games are 30 minutes long, so I can't play it very often and I felt lost through the constant changes.

I however am still a big League of Legends fan, mostly for the eSports. I've been watching LoL eSports since Season 1 when the world championship was in Phreak's basement Dreamhack. I'm a filthy TSM fan, but to be fair, I loved them during the Baylife days, when Dyrus was my favorite player. I've only seen LoL eSports live once, but it was CLG vs. TSM at Madison Square Garden and I had front-row tickets... just to watch them get swept. But at least my brother got to watch his favorite team win.

I'm watching Worlds now and primarily rooting for ABK (anyone but Korea).

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Broke up my post, but this thread was just in time for League's 10 year anniversary.

Great time for a new thread, because Riot just had their Riot Pls for the 10 years and there's huge news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4FGqymg4k4

Mobile versions of games
    1) League Mobile called Wild Rift. Built from the ground-up for mobile, so no cross-play with PC. Your collection also isn't migrating, but they said they'll give long-time players a reward for playing.
    2) Team Fight Tactics Mobile

New Games
    1) Legends of Runeterra: Card-game based on League of Legends, in pre-release now.
    2) Class-based Shooter: Code-named Project A. Does not appear to be based on LoL IP.
    3) Fighting Game: Code-named Project L. Probably a couple years away. One of the founders of Evo is developing it.
    4) Project F, not announced, but it looks like a top-down adventure style game?
    5) League Manager: Sort of like Football Manager, you can create a roster of players.

Also, a new animated TV show.

As a long-time Hearthstone player, I'd probably give the card game a shot, but I find Hearthstone to be perfect for me.

I liked TFT, but the games were a little too long; I'm looking for that 5-10 minute sweet spot.

What interests you? I think the class-based shooter was the one that surprised me the most, since it's both not based on LoL IP, while every other project is, and didn't seem like a natural fit for what Riot's been doing.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Hollysword View Post
    Personally, I feel Sona needs a nerf. In mid lane, she can beat basically anyone.
    Sona can beat a lot of champions in the 1v1 duel (although I'm pretty sure just about anyone with easy all-in a la Fizz, Diana, Zed can stuff her pretty easily) and she does have good scaling and healing to get through lane. She's still virtually never played midlane though because her ability to kill minions quickly is horrendous. Syndra, Qiyana, Twisted Fate, Akali, etc. can all easily clear the wave before Sona can kill more than one or two minions and then just leave to a side lane, or ward the jungle, or just get a free recall and not lose any minions.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Broke up my post, but this thread was just in time for League's 10 year anniversary.

Great time for a new thread, because Riot just had their Riot Pls for the 10 years and there's huge news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4FGqymg4k4

Mobile versions of games
    1) League Mobile called Wild Rift. Built from the ground-up for mobile, so no cross-play with PC. Your collection also isn't migrating, but they said they'll give long-time players a reward for playing.
    2) Team Fight Tactics Mobile

New Games
    1) Legends of Runeterra: Card-game based on League of Legends, in pre-release now.
    2) Class-based Shooter: Code-named Project A. Does not appear to be based on LoL IP.
    3) Fighting Game: Code-named Project L. Probably a couple years away. One of the founders of Evo is developing it.
    4) Project F, not announced, but it looks like a top-down adventure style game?
    5) League Manager: Sort of like Football Manager, you can create a roster of players.

Also, a new animated TV show.

As a long-time Hearthstone player, I'd probably give the card game a shot, but I find Hearthstone to be perfect for me.

I liked TFT, but the games were a little too long; I'm looking for that 5-10 minute sweet spot.

What interests you? I think the class-based shooter was the one that surprised me the most, since it's both not based on LoL IP, while every other project is, and didn't seem like a natural fit for what Riot's been doing.
    I'm most interested in TFT on mobile. TFT can be a lot of fun, but there's long stretches in it where you do very little. Being able to play it on my Ipad means that I can go back and forth between my TV and TFT, depending on what needs the attention.

Mobile League doesn't interest me though. Touch-screen controls in a game that I already suck at with mouse and keyboard? No thanks.

I might investigate Legends of Runeterra at some point.

Project F from what I understand is going to be a multiplayer action RPG, possibly in the same style as Diablo or maybe like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It will be set in Runeterra, which to me increases the chances of it being something like Marvel UA where you're playing as the more popular characters from League.

12. - Top - End - #12

I believe the character in the shooter was alternate world Akali, but unsure. They specifically mentioned all of these would be based in alternative versions of the existing IP I believe, so I'm expecting the same characters for the most part.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

{Scrubbed}

As for the new games, Im just happy Teamwork Tactics will be going to mobile. I only play League on computer and there is better modes to play.

Im very curious about the fighting game though... Im supposing it will be very much like arcade fighting game? Like Killer Instinct?

Ah right, dont forget to get your freebies of the day! One each days with good bonus along the line!
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-19 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    {Scrub the post, scrub the quote}

As for the new games, Im just happy Teamwork Tactics will be going to mobile. I only play League on computer and there is better modes to play.

Im very curious about the fighting game though... Im supposing it will be very much like arcade fighting game? Like Killer Instinct?

Ah right, dont forget to get your freebies of the day! One each days with good bonus along the line!
    {Scrubbed}
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-19 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Scrubbed
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-19 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    {Scrubbed}
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-19 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Scrubbed
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-10-19 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I'm back to LOL after about a 4-5 year break...just playing ARAM because that's what I have time windows for. Looking at things with a weather eye myself regarding China, Tencent, Epic, etc. Without getting into breaking board rules, I probably share your friend's concerns regarding the will of the people of HK, and also the political slide of Riot.

One thing that stuck out to me - and this may be just heightened awareness - is that there are quite a few "child soldier" champs in LOL now, and almost all of them are female; Poppy (not supposed to be a kid, but looks like one) and a couple of the others look disturbed or frightened in a bad way. It's a little on the odd/disturbing side, and hopefully it's nothing. :-/ I think a big corp would really be more cautious about this. Back when I stopped, the only "child" champ I remember were Annie, the kid with the Yeti, and Lulu (who has always looked disturbingly inhuman to me). Poppy was pretty tough-looking and much more adult with her default skin.
    Last edited by J-H; 2019-10-18 at 11:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    One thing that stuck out to me - and this may be just heightened awareness - is that there are quite a few "child soldier" champs in LOL now, and almost all of them are female; Poppy (not supposed to be a kid, but looks like one) and a couple of the others look disturbed or frightened in a bad way. It's a little on the odd/disturbing side, and hopefully it's nothing. :-/ I think a big corp would really be more cautious about this. Back when I stopped, the only "child" champ I remember were Annie, the kid with the Yeti, and Lulu (who has always looked disturbingly inhuman to me). Poppy was pretty tough-looking and much more adult with her default skin.
    Aren't all the Yordles basically child soldiers in appearance? I mean, okay, there are some that are clearly not meant to be solders, like Heimerdinger, but they do all still fight. But I wouldn't really consider any of them to look like children. They look like gnomes. Sometimes fuzzy, certainly anime, gnomes, but still gnomes.

Annie and Nunu have been in the game since the beginning. And besides them there is....Taliah? who is more of a young adult then an actual child. Oh, Zoe definitely. Ekko is a teen, but maybe that's young enough to qualify. Am I missing any? Because that doesn't seem like 'quite a few' at all.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

I just swung by to dot in case there is discussion on the new Project L fighting game.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Wow cant believe the content in my posts got scrubbed too!

Fine, I wont talk about who own League of Legends now. And I suggest none of us do if we dont want to get a warning for talking politics!

===============

the 10 years bonus are so worth it! I got Arclight Brand from it! Im so happy!

Didnt pick any Pick'em this year... Dont feel like the Avatar is worth it in comparaison. And I dont like betting to begin with and it feel like it is lol!

===============

By the way, which champion you think would need a rework?

I know Volibear and Fiddlestick are going to have a rework (They need it too) but I want a Skarner rework...

The important thing about Skarner is changing opponent to crystal. In his kit, I love only his ulti for flavor BUT I think his direction should be changed.

I think Skarner could had the potential to be a VISION control jungler. My idea is that when he kill a champion, they transform into a crystal statue that block vision/create a warding area where they died for rest of the game. With a maximum of like 5 of such wards. In lane, it wont be very useful but it will help securizing jungle camps.

It could be fun to have a jungler specializing in stealing objectives this way. Would make a awesome passive

I imagine his kit would be a damaging pincer move as his Q, same ability for his W (speedboost armor), his tail attack could be the same but not a skillshot this time (this is stupid) and his ulti could be changed into something else.

===========

As for the concept of child soldiers, I think its thinking about it too much. The concept of a child with superpowers have being exploited in comic books too and its always interesting. Think of Teen Titans for exemple or the concept of a child who is also a god and how it would be.

They just want to appeal to young audience as well. Nunu for exemple is a charming concept. That's not where we should find dirt on Riot.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-10-23 at 07:37 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I do ARAM only. Volibear is OK there, but I would like to see his ult and W get re-worked. Fiddlesticks is weak because there aren't enough opportunities for surprise attacks, he's too fragile for his R sometimes, and his Q and W are de-powered compared to 5 years ago.

I know Graves got re-worked, but for me (not an adc player) the only way I can play him semi-successfully is by treating him as a melee tank with a few ranged skills. I'm sure someone can make the low rate of fire, near-melee range, etc. work, but not me.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    I do ARAM only. Volibear is OK there, but I would like to see his ult and W get re-worked. Fiddlesticks is weak because there aren't enough opportunities for surprise attacks, he's too fragile for his R sometimes, and his Q and W are de-powered compared to 5 years ago.

I know Graves got re-worked, but for me (not an adc player) the only way I can play him semi-successfully is by treating him as a melee tank with a few ranged skills. I'm sure someone can make the low rate of fire, near-melee range, etc. work, but not me.
    Volibear is better with the snowball in Aram lol!

Still glad both going to be reworked.

As for Graves, I cant make it work either. But he seem to be in a Ok spot so it seme people can make it work so its fine. Its a shame though, love his looks and attitude.

24. - Top - End - #24

Graves is currently optimally played not as an adc but as a tanky lethality assassin as a note, particularly into ad compositions since they got rid of the mr on his e.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

I want them to rework Aurelion Sol. A mage that only has one ability, and that being his ult, when you get into melee range is so frustrating to play. Also they changed his expanded star thingies, and I hate the new version.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Fiddlesticks is one of the stronger ARAM champions. Good sustain, great poke, hard to dive him with his fear and silence and snowball is just groovy with his ultimate. Throw a snowball, if it lands on a backliner then just immediately channel the ult and take the snowball when it pops, throw a Zhonya's into the mix and you solve most of the squishy issues as well.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Teemo Main here (2.1 million points - EUW only managed to get to solo queue Plat so far)

The reason i play Teemo, is BECAUSE his kit is simple, and easy to use.
    I don't have the reaction time or mechanical skill to play complicated, high skill bar champions. So i play Teemo, because his simple kit allows me to focus on the basics / map / macro play.

I really hope they do NOT change him. His kit is usable, if a bit outdated compared to newer champs. Bu he has plenty of power, and, if practiced enough, doesn't have many terrible match ups that cant be won.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just made it back up to plat, after floundering in gold 1-2 for the last while.
    I realized that I was burned out of my previous supports, and needed to play someone new.

So Swain support.
    After the first few games of learning him, I managed to go 18 wins - 6 losses.

He was super satisfying to play.
    The snare was difficult to land but comboed hard.
    His W was like a mini bard ult, that I could start using at level 2.
    And every fight was on a knifes edge, since getting bursted down meant his ult did nothing.

Apparently, after the rework, the client doesn't even show him as a mid or top laner anymore.
    Having played him I can totally see why:
    • He doesn't have that much damage
    • Can't clear minions that well
    • But also needs his spells to hit enemy champs to recover mana/build stacks.
    • Often can't disengage with his CC, since usually there are minions behind the person on your face.
    • Has no bonus maneuverability

Though from a lore perspective, a general makes a lot of sense in the support role.

29. - Top - End - #29

I've been playing a bit of Swain mid to reasonable success. Nimbus Cloak does a lot and his level 6 all in is really quite good. If you're against something you need manoeuvrability against (whether engaging or disengaging) he uses Phase Rush quite well too. He's basically a Vladimir with more midgame rather than lategame, and trading some sustain for hard CC. He's got pretty good gank assist compared to Vlad, too.

Legends of Runeterra beta opens back up again tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to. Not too bothered about the fighting or shooting games, but Wild Rift might be good if it comes out on Switch.