New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Well this is two in one night...

White Dragon

Spoiler
    Show

{TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +1 | +2|+0 |+2 | White Dragon body, Arcane blood, +1 Con
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 | Keen senses, Freezing Breath
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3 | Ice Walk, Blindsense 60 ft. +1 Str
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 | Amphibious Swimmer, +1 Con
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Wings, +1 Cha
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | White Dragon SLAs 1/day, +1 Str
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| Enhanced Swimmer, +1 Con
    8| +8| +6| +2| +5| Growth, Tail slap
    9| +9| +6|+3 |+6| Freezing Fog, +1 Cha
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 | White Dragon SLAs 2/day, +1 Str
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 | Enhanced Swimmer, Arcane Skin, +1 Con
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 | Growth, Iron Scales, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8| White Dragon SLAs 3/day, +1 Str
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Enhanced Swimmer, Frightful presence, Tail Sweep
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9| White Dragon SLAs 4/day,
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10|Wall of Ice, +1 Cha, +1 Con
    17| +17| +10| +5|+10 | Enhanced Swimmer, White Dragon SLAs 5/day, +1 Cha
    18| +18| +11|+6 |+11 | Crush,+1 Str, +1 Con
    19| +19| +11| +6| +11| White Dragon SLAs 7/day, +1 Cha
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Enhanced Swimmer, Control Weather

[/TABLE]

HD:d12

2 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Concentration, Climb, Hide, Spot, Listen, Move Silently, Swim, Intimidate, Knowledge(any), Spellcraft.

Proficiencies: a White Dragon isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons.

Features:
    White Dragon Body: The White Dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, bite 1d8 damage, 2 claws attack for 1d6 damage each and 40 ft. base Land Speed that increases by 10 ft for every 2 HD the White Dragon has, medium size. The White Dragon also has a Burrow Speed that is equal to 1/2 its Base Land Speed. The White Dragon has wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now. His claws are capable of fine manipulation and can be used for somatic components of spellcasting or anything else a human hand could do.

The White Dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier. Whenever the White Dragon grows one size category, his natural armor increases by a further 1.

The White Dragon is immune to Cold. It is vulnerable to Fire, making it take +50% damage from all effects with the keyword Fire.

Arcane Blood: A White Dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a sorcerer and takes his spells known from the sorcerer/wizard spell list.

If it multi-classes as a bard it's spell casting increases as a bard.
    If it multi-classes as a sorcerer it counts as already having sorcerer casting depending on it's dragon level, as shown on the following table.

{table]Dragon Level | Virtual sorceror casting
    1|-
    2|1
    3|2
    4|3
    5|4
    6|5
    7|6
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    11|8
    12|9
    13|10
    14|10
    15|11
    16|12
    17|12
    18|13
    19|13
    20|13
    [/table]

So for example a dragon 2 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as already having 1 level of sorcerer and gains the spell slots and spells known that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but not the spell slots and spells known from the 1st level of sorcerer. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

A dragon 18 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as having 14 levels of sorcerer(13+1) and gain the spell slots and spells known that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 13 to 14, but not the spell slots and spells known that a sorcerer gets from level 1 to 13. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

His Caster level remains equal to his full HD when multiclassing to sorcerer.

If a dragon takes a casting Prestige Class, it may choose to advance his casting as that of a sorcerer. So a Dragon 10/Loremaster 10 would cast as a 18th level sorcerer (he would still receive spell slots and spells known from a bard 10 from the first 10 dragon levels and then the spell slots and spells known from a sorcerer 11-18 for the loremaster levels)

Keen senses: The White Dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Freezing Breath: Line 60 ft dealing 1d6 Cold damage/HD with DC ref of 10+1/2 HD+Con modifier for half every 1d4 turns. Line increases by 10 ft. with each extra HD the player takes from here.

Icewalking (Ex): This ability works like the spider climb spell, but the surfaces the dragon climbs must be icy. It is always in effect.

Blindsense: As the normal ability, range 60 ft.

Ability score increase: The White Dragon ability scores increase by the shown amount.

{TABLE]Level | Total Bonus Gained
    1 | +1 Con
    3 | +1 Str, +1 Con
    6 | +2 Str, +2 Con, +1 Cha
    7 | +2 Str, +3 Con, +1 Cha
    8 | +2 Str, +3 Con, +1 Cha
    9 | +2 Str, +3 Con, +2 Cha
    10 | +3 Str, +3 Con, +2 Cha
    11 | +3 Str, +4 Con, +2Cha
    13 | +4 Str, +5 Con, +3 Cha
    15 | +5 Str, +5 Con, +3 Cha
    16 | +5 Str, +6 Con, +4 Cha
    17 | +5 Str, +6 Con, +4 Cha
    18 | +6 Str, +7 Con, +4 Cha
    19 | +6 Str, +7 Con, +4 Cha
    20 | +6 Str, +7 Con, +5 Cha

[/TABLE]

NOTE: This table presents the TOTAL bonus gained for ease of keeping count! Don't add the values from different levels!

Wings: The White Dragon becomes able to fly at the speed of 10 ft. per HD, with poor maneuverability. The maneuverability doesn't increase naturally, but players can take the Savage Species feat that increases it by two steps (stackable). Each wing can also be now used to deliver a natural attack dealing 1d4 damage.

Amphibious Swimmer (Ex): The Wings which enable the White Dragon to now fly can be used to propel the White Dragon through water giving it a 30 ft. Swim Speed.This dragon can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged. It can swim on the surface or below it without difficulty. It moves through water at the listed speed without making Swim checks. It has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always can choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Freezing Fog (Sp): A White Dragon that has reached this age can use this ability 3/Day per every 5HD it has. It is similar to a solid fog spell but also causes a rime of slippery ice to form on any surface the fog touches, creating the effect of a grease spell. The dragon is immune to the grease effect because of its Ice Walk ability. This ability is the equivalent of a 5th-level spell.

Growth: At 8th level the White Dragon grows to large size.
    At 12th level the White Dragon grows to huge size.

His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but he does not get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Tail slap: The White dragon can now make a tail slap attack dealing 1d8 damage(already taking in account large size).

White Dragon SLAs: Fog Cloud and Gust of Wind a number of times per day as indicated in the table. Saves=10+1/2HD+Cha mod.

Enhanced Swimmer: The White Dragon has become increasingly adept at swimming. Increase its Swim Speed to 50 ft. at level 8, 75 ft. at level level 11, 100 ft. at level 14, 125 ft. at level 17 and 150 ft. at level 20.

Arcane skin: The White Dragon gains SR equal to his HD+11.

Iron Scales: The White dragon gains DR/magic equal to half his HD.

Crush: The dragon can make a crush attack dealing 2d8 damage base, already taking in account huge size

This special attack allows a flying or jumping dragon of at least Huge size to land on opponents as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the dragon’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape.

A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down).

Wall of Ice (Sp): The White Dragon can now use Wall of Ice as an SLA 2/Day for every 5 HD it has.

Frightful Presence: The ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 30 feet × half the dragon's level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Cha modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Control Weather (Sp): The White dragon can now use Control Weather as a SLA 1/day for every 5 HD it has.
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-08-15 at 11:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

I just counted up all the monster classes in the "monster classes listed in alphabetical order".
    I lost exact count, though, due to the 2-in-1-post entries... but my estimate at the end? 105.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yay that is good.

I'm gonna throw in soon, fallign asleep. But I'm working on Fang dragon right now. After Fang is Tarterian, and possibly Howling Dragon (I like how its picture makes it look like a rat-dog-dragon-cat thing!)

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Yay that is good.

I'm gonna throw in soon, fallign asleep. But I'm working on Fang dragon right now. After Fang is Tarterian, and possibly Howling Dragon (I like how its picture makes it look like a rat-dog-dragon-cat thing!)
    really? To me it just looks like somebody shoved a pinecone up its butt.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    really? To me it just looks like somebody shoved a pinecone up its butt.
    It frightens me that those are literally the exact words that went through my head when I read Howling Dragon, before I saw your post
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    It frightens me that those are literally the exact words that went through my head when I read Howling Dragon, before I saw your post
    Well, the phrase has been said in relation to the howling dragon before. I just agree that that is what it looks like.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ettin in the Playground

Well then it's obvious: You and Kyuubi are the same person. It's the only explanation. Now just how did you manage to be two separate entities...
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Well then it's obvious: You and Kyuubi are the same person. It's the only explanation. Now just how did you manage to be two separate entities...
    We were cloned possibly?

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fang Dragon

Spoiler
    Show

1| +1 | +2|+0 |+2 | Fang Dragon body, Arcane blood, +1 Con
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 | Keen senses, Trip, Draining Bite
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3 | Enhanced Damage, Blindsense 60 ft. +1 Str
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 | Sound Imitation, +1 Con
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Draining Bite 1d3, Fang Dragon Spell Basics, Wings, +1 Cha
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | Growth, Fang Dragon SLAs 1/day, +1 Str
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| Telekinesis, +1 Cha
    8| +8| +6| +2| +5| Draining Bite 1d4, Fang Dragon SLAs 2/day, +1 Con
    9| +9| +6|+3 |+6| Tail slap, +1 Cha
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 | Fang Dragon SLAs 3/day
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 | Draining Bite 1d6, +1 Str, +1 Con
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 | Growth, Crush, Draining Bite 1d4, Fang Dragon SLAs 4/day,
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8| Iron Scales, Arcane Skin
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Draining Bite 1d8, Fang Dragon SLAs 5/day, +1 Cha
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9| Frightful presence, +1 Con, +1 Str
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10| Spell Turning, Fang Dragon SLAs 6/day, +1 Str
    17| +17| +10| +5|+10 | Draining Bite 2d4, Growth,Tail Sweep, +1 Cha
    18| +18| +11|+6 |+11 | Fang Dragon SLAs 7/day, Fast Healing, +1 Con
    19| +19| +11| +6| +11| Globe of Invulnerability, +1 Str
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Draining Bite 2d6, Fang Dragon SLAs 8/day, +1 Cha
    [/TABLE]

2 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level.
    Class skills: Concentration, Climb, Hide, Spot, Listen, Move Silently, Swim, Intimidate, Knowledge(any), Spellcraft.

Proficiencies: a Fang Dragon isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons.

Features:
    Fang Dragon Body: The Fang Dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, bite 1d8 damage, 2 claws attack for 1d6 damage each and 40 ft. base Land Speed which increases by 10 ft per 1HD the Fang Dragon has, medium size. The Fang Dragon has wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now. His claws are capable of fine manipulation and can be used for somatic components of spellcasting or anything else a human hand could do.

The Fang Dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier. Whenever the Fang Dragon grows one size category, his natural armor increases by a further 1.

The Fang Dragon has no immunities or vulnerabilities.

Arcane Blood: A Fang Dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a sorcerer and takes his spells known from the sorcerer/wizard spell list.

If it multi-classes as a bard it's spell casting increases as a bard.
    If it multi-classes as a sorcerer it counts as already having sorcerer casting depending on it's dragon level, as shown on the following table.

{table]Dragon level | Virtual sorcerer casting
    1|-
    2|1
    3|2
    4|3
    5|4
    6|5
    7|6
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    11|8
    12|9
    13|10
    14|10
    15|11
    16|12
    17|12
    18|13
    19|13
    20|13
    [/table]

So for example a dragon 2 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as already having 1 level of sorcerer and gains the spell slots and spells known that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but not the spell slots and spells known from the 1st level of sorcerer. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

A dragon 18 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as having 14 levels of sorcerer(13+1) and gain the spell slots and spells known that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 13 to 14, but not the spell slots and spells known that a sorcerer gets from level 1 to 13. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

His Caster level remains equal to his full HD when multiclassing to sorcerer.

If a dragon takes a casting Prestige Class, it may choose to advance his casting as that of a sorcerer. So a Dragon 10/Loremaster 10 would cast as a 18th level sorcerer (he would still receive spell slots and spells known from a bard 10 from the first 10 dragon levels and then the spell slots and spells known from a sorcerer 11-18 for the loremaster levels)

Keen senses: The Fang Dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Trip (Ex): A fang dragon that hits with a claw or tail attack can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action (as per page 158 of the D&D 3.5 Player’s Handbook). If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the dragon.

Draining Bite: A Fang Dragon does not have a breath weapon, but its bite drains Constitution if the victim fails a Fortitude save. At level two this bite drains 1d2 Constitution points with a DC of 10+1/2Dragon Level+ Cha Modifier. Every 3 levels after gain the Fang Dragon's Draining Bite increases in power with the acording Constitution damage on the table above.

Enhanced Damage: The Fang Dragon is a dangerous weapon, every part of it capable of killing you, such it is that because of how dangerous the dragon is its Natural Weapons damage scales as if it was one size larger then the dragon actually is.

Blindsense: As the normal ability, range 60 ft.

Sound Imitation (Ex): A Fang dragon can mimic any voice or sound it has heard, anytime it likes. Listeners must succeed on a Will save (DC Dragons Level + Cha Modifier).

Fang Dragon Spell Basics: The Fang Dragon can use the Detect Magic and Read Magic as At-Wills.

Ability score increase: The Fang Dragon ability scores increase by the shown amount.

{TABLE]Level | Total Bonus Gained
    1 | +1 Con
    3 | +1 Str, +1 Con
    6 | +2 Str, +2 Con, +1 Cha
    7 | +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Cha
    8 | +2 Str, +3 Con, +2 Cha
    9 | +2 Str, +3 Con, +3 Cha
    10 | +3 Str, +3 Con, +3 Cha
    11 | +3 Str, +4 Con, +3 Cha
    13 | +3 Str, +4 Con, +3 Cha
    15 | +4 Str, +5 Con, +4 Cha
    16 | +5 Str, +5 Con, +4 Cha
    17 | +5 Str, +5 Con, +5 Cha
    18 | +5 Str, +6 Con, +5 Cha
    19 | +6 Str, +6 Con, +5 Cha
    20 | +6 Str, +6 Con, +6 Cha

[/TABLE]

NOTE: This table presents the TOTAL bonus gained for ease of keeping count! Don't add the values from different levels!

Wings: The Fang Dragon becomes able to fly at the speed of 10 ft. per HD, with poor maneuverability. The maneuverability doesn't increase naturally, but players can take the Savage Species feat that increases it by two steps (stackable). Each wing can also be now used to deliver a natural attack dealing 1d4 damage.

Telekinesis (Sp): The Fang Dragon can now use Telekinesis as an SLA 3/Day for every 5 HD it has.

Growth: At 6th level the Fang Dragon grows to Large Size.
    At 12th level the Fang Dragon grows to Huge Size.
    At 17th level the Fang Dragon grows to Gargantuan Size.

His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but he does not get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Iron Scales: The Fang dragon gains DR/magic equal to half his HD.

Arcane skin: The Fang Dragon gains SR equal to his HD+11.

Frightful Presence: The ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 30 feet × half the dragon's level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Cha modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Tail slap: The Fang dragon can now make a tail slap attack dealing 1d8 damage(already taking in account large size).

Fang Dragon SLAs: Shield and Dispel Magic a number of times per day as indicated in the table. Saves=10+1/2HD+Cha mod. At level 11 Dispel Magic evolves to Greater Dispel Magic.

Spell Turning (Sp): The Fang Dragon can now use Spell Turning as an SLA 1/Day for every 5 HD it has.

Crush: The dragon can make a crush attack dealing 4d8 damage base, already taking in account Gargantuan size and Enhanced damage.
    Spoiler
    Show

This special attack allows a flying or jumping dragon of at least Gargantuan size to land on opponents as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the dragon’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape.

A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down).

Tail sweep: This special attack allows a dragon of at least Gargantuan size to sweep with its tail as a standard action. The sweep affects a half-circle with a radius of 30 feet (or 40 feet for a Colossal dragon), extending from an intersection on the edge of the dragon’s space in any direction. Creatures within the swept area are affected if they are four or more size categories smaller than the dragon. A tail sweep automatically deals 2d6 plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down). Affected creatures can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon).

Fast Healing: The Fang Dragon gains Fast Healing 2.

Globe of Invulnerability (Sp): The Fang dragon can now use Globe of Invulnerability as a SLA 1/day for every 10 HD it has.

Edit: Make that 3 in one sitting.
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-08-15 at 07:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1300

Green Dragon
    -Nitpick that escaped me the last time but it's swim speed should be 40 foot, otherwise looks great!

White Dragon:

-Growths a little off, it should grow at levels 8 and 12. In case it wasn't clear the growths are based on the CR of the dragon when it first reaches that size. White dragon becomes large at young adult (CR 8) and huge at mature adult (CR 12).
    -Make it clear that "vulnerable" means they take +50% damage.
    -White dragons are suposed to be the most stupid of all so 2 skill points per level should be more apropriate.
    -Make anphibious come with the swim speed, and make it scale with level as white dragons seem to be pretty good swimmers.
    -Land speed should also increase with level, they're also pretty fast on land.
    -White dragons do have a burrow speed, make it half of the land speed.
    -Why so much Con? Well it's probably fine even if the white dragons are suposed to be the weaker ones (they're suposed to live quite harsh lifes after all), but I would like to hear your reasoning.
    -Overall, the white dragon's less skill points and offensive stats should be made up for it's extra movement capacity and numerous SLAs.
    -Besides that good job with this one, you really got the hang of it quickly!

Fang Dragon
    -It should grow at levels 6, 12 and again at 17 following the above logic.
    -The draining bite should increase every 3 levels after you gain it (1d3 at 5, 1d4 at 8, 1d6 at 11, 1d8 at 14, 2d4 at 17, 2d6 at 20). This is more eyeballing since the original ability doesn't follow a clear progression.
    -Wow why so much spell turning uses? It's a very powerfull spell and the original monster can use it 1/day! Tone that down a little please.
    -Make dispel magic auto-upgrade to greater dispel magic at level 11.
    -You mention the Enhanced Damage on the table but then don't explain what it does.
    -Good move with the low ability scores since the Fang Dragon has really good SLAs and the powerfull draining bite.
    -It should be a little faster on land than the other dragons, put a land speed increase somewhere in there.
    -No fast healing 2 at that level is perfectly fine.
    -Otherwise another good job, great to have someone help so much with the dragons!

Also, put the ability names on the descriptions in italic and "HD", "Class Skills","Proefeciencies" and "Features" in Bold to make an easier reading!

EDIT:Minor buff to Spellwarped creature, now it's SR can stop SR:no and su abilities, altough those get a bonus.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-15 at 05:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1301

Lantern Archon

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d6
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 1|+0 |+ 2| +0| Body of Light, Light Ray, Lesser Guide
    2|+ 2|+0 |+ 3| +0| Archon, Holy Warding, Aura of Menace, Greater Guide
    [/table]

Skills:4+int modifier per level, Class skills are Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Heal, Knowledge (the planes), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spot

Proficiencies: The Lantern Archon is proficient with its light rays.

Features:

Body of Light: The Lantern Archon loses all other racial bonuses and gains outsider traits (basicaly dark vision 60 ft), as well as low-light vision. Lantern Archons are tiny outsiders. Lantern Archons have no land speed but have a fly speed of 20ft, increasing by 5ft per HD. However untill they reach 4HD they can only float some foot above the ground. They also glow, giving light as brightly as a torch. Only their destruction can extinguish the glow, though they can try to hide it with a DC 15 Disguise check as a swift action. Success means that no light is given out by the archon for 1 hour per HD but the light imediatily returns if the Lantern Archon uses his light rays. The Lantern Archon gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its Con bonus.

Lantern Archons lack fine manipulation, but can partially meld objects into their own body to carry them and perform simple actions like pulling levers and pressing buttons.

Lantern archons can use their body as either head+neck slot or body+belt slot. The lantern archon can wear more magic equipment by having it crafted in the form of orbs that float around him like ioun stones, but said custom equipment costs double the normal market price.

Finally a lantern archon takes a -40 penalty on hide checks, unless it hides its light.

Light Ray: The Lantern Archon's method of attack are it's light rays. The Lantern Archon starts with one ray, but gains one more for every 5HD ti possesses. The rays have a range of 20ft, increasing by 5ft for every HD the Lantern Archon possesses. The rays start out dealing 1d6 damage, increasing by 1d6 for every 3HD the Archon possesses. The light rays also overcome all DR, and count as natural weapons. Thus attacking with all light rays demands a full attack, but the lantern archon takes no penalty on his attack rolls with light rays for using multiple natural weapons.

Lesser Guide: The Lantern archon can use aid, continual flame, detect evil as SLAs 2/day for each HD it has, save DC=10+1/2HD+Cha mod. Unless the lantern archon uses the 50Gp of ruby dust, his continual flames just last 1 minute per CL instead of being permanent. If it multiclasses into cleric it can count its lantern archon levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and geting new spell slots. So for example, a lantern archon 2 who took 1 level of cleric could choose to have CL 3, get 1 2nd level spell slot and one. She wouldn't get the spell slots of a cleric 2 however. She would get the turn undead ability, but lantern archon levels wouldn't count for it.

Archon: At second level, the Lantern Archon becomes immune to petrification and gains a resistance to electricity equal to its HD, and a bonus to saves against poison equal to half it's HD. They also gain the good and lawful subtype.

Aura of Menace (Su): A righteous aura surrounds archons that fight or get angry. Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of an archon must succeed on a Will save to resist its effects. The save DC is 10+HD+Cha mod. Those who fail take a -2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the archon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same archon’s aura for 24 hours.

Holy Warding (Su): At second level, the Lantern Archon gains DR/good and magic equal to half it's HD. It is also permanently affected by a Protection from Evil effect, which upgrades to a Magic Circle against Evil effect at 4HD. This effect is centered on the lantern archon.

Greater Guide: The lantern archon can use teleport as a SLA 1/day for each 4HD it has. At 13th level, this ability upgrades to greater teleport. It can also use tongues on itself as a SLA 1/day for each HD it has.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

Original:

Well, I took cues from the hound archon for the archon abilities. I made the light rays progress slower than Eldritch Blast, and gave out extra rays as extra iterative attacks became available. I made the magic circle only become that strong at 4HD, as that's when the Hound Archon gains it.

Personal comments:

The Lantern archon is a powerfull skirmisher with it's light rays and flight speed. The class is short but sinergies well with "roguish" classes for stacking precision damage on top of the multiple light rays or cleric for spellcasting.

Done by VoltHawk, some final tweaks by me
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-15 at 08:55 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1302

Ups, somehow missed those questions.
    Questions about the Ethergaunt (since I'm now building one):

- What is the crit threat & damage type for both Ether Blade attacks (if there is one) and the range for the Ether Blade blast?
    If a weapon doesn't state a specific crit threat then it's the usual only on a 20 x2. Range added (40 foot, can be incremented), wonder why nobody pointed it out untill today.

- I assume you need to spend charges to fire it, do you need to spend one to summon the blade or do you just have to have a charge left?
    No charges are consumed for the blade, meaning it's always a last-ditch weapon. Also clarified you need charges to shoot.

- Is the Ether Blade considered Masterwork by default, or do I have to pay for a new one if I want to upgrade it later on.
    Masterwork by default, clarified that too.

- Does Total Vision count as Blindsight or Blindsense?
    Neither, it's a specific ability thanks to the ethergaunt's extremely developed brain and sensory organs.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Updated Green Dragon, Fang Dragon and White Dragon with the changes you suggested Oslecamo.

Thank you for explaining why we have Growth at which levels. Now I'll be able to do that without much problem; I didn't know the actual reason you had for it being at which specific levels. Now that I know its the size at creature rating, level, I'll do it.

Now to attempt Tarterian, Howling and Shadow Dragons today.

A question: For the Howling Dragon it has a huge amount of SLA's. What should I do for it to make it not imbalanced. Should I do different levels of SLA's? Like: Novice of Pandemonium, Adept of Pandemonium et cetera...?

Edit: I chose to give the White Dragon higher Con because of its hardy environment. It would make sense that the environment would strengthen its scales and such. Also due to lack of food in the tundra it made sense for them to be able to survive far longer then normal dragons would be able to without food.
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-08-15 at 11:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ettin in the Playground

Anaxim

Spoiler
    Show

HD: d10
    {table=head]Level| BAB| Fort| Ref| Will| Features
    1| +0| +0| +0| +0| Apocalyptic Engine, Electrical Discharge, Spinning Blades, Slams
    2| +1| +0| +0| +0| Divine Construction, Str +1, Cha +1
    3| +2| +1| +1| +1| Minor Divine Artifice, Dex +1
    4| +3| +1| +1| +1| Created Abomination, Bolter Gun, Str +1
    5| +3| +1| +1| +1| Improved Divine Construction, Heliblades, Dex +1
    6| +4| +2| +2| +2| Lesser Divine Artifice, Str +1, Cha +1
    7| +5| +2| +2| +2| Undivine Will, Dex +1
    8| +6/+1| +2| +2| +2| Weapons of Mass Destruction, Str +1
    9| +6/+1| +3| +3| +3| Greater Divine Construction, Divine Artifice, Dex +1
    10| +7/+2| +3| +3| +3| Pneumatic Pummeler, Str +1, Cha +1
    11| +8/+3| +3| +3| +3| Sonic Blast, Dex +1
    12| +9/+4| +4| +4| +4| Greater Divine Artifice, Str +1
    13| +9/+4| +4| +4| +4| Instruments of Deicide, Dex +1
    14| +10/+5| +4| +4| +4| Undivine Slaughter, Str +1, Cha +1
    15| +11/+6/+1| +5| +5| +5| Master’s Divine Artifice, Dex +1
    16| +12/+7/+2| +5| +5| +5| Summon Iron Golem 1/day, Str +1
    17| +12/+7/+2| +5| +5| +5| Supreme Divine Artifice, Dex +1
    18| +13/+8/+3| +6| +6| +6| Summon Iron Golem 2/day, Str +1, Cha +1
    19| +14/+9/+4| +6| +6| +6| Apocalyptic Drive, Dex +1
    20| +15/+10/+5| +6| +6| +6| Undivine Spark, Summon Iron Golem 3/day, Str +1[/table]
    Class Skills (2+ Int Modifier): None.

Proficiencies: Anaxim are proficient with their natural weapons only.

Apocalyptic Engine: An anaxim is a monstrosity pieced together by a deranged god, following an apocalyptic design. It loses all racial traits and gains the following:
    • Type: Construct (Extraplanar, Lawful)
    • Land speed: 30 feet.
    • Size: Medium.
    • Immune to Electricity.

The anaxim has all the characteristics of the construct type, which include:
    No Constitution score.
    • Low-light vision.
    • Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
    • Cannot heal damage on their own, but often can be repaired by exposing them to a certain kind of effect (see the creature’s description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
    • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
    • Immunity to any effect that requires Fortitude saves (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
    • Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
    • Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
    • Constructs do not eat, sleep, or breathe.

Finally, the anaxim gains a natural armor bonus equal to its charisma modifier, and is constantly under the effect of a Nondetection spell, with caster level equal to its HD. It may receive spells and spell-like abilities such as Magical Vestment and Lesser Armor Enhancement on its own body as if it were armor.

Slam: As a swift action the anaxim can reconfigure one or both of its hands into Slams, these are primary natural weapons that deal 1d6 + Str modifier Bludgeoning damage Further, the slams count both as natural and as manufactured weapons for the purpose of spells. The anaxim can have one hand configured into a slam and another hand configured into a spinning blade if it so wishes, both attacks are treated as primary.

Spinning Blades: As a swift action the anaxim can reconfigure one or both of its hands into spinning blades, these are primary natural weapons that deal 1d6 + Str modifier Slashing damage Further, the spinning blades count both as natural and as manufactured weapons for the purpose of spells. The anaxim can have one hand configured into a spinning blade and another hand configured into a slam if it so wishes, both attacks are treated as primary.

Electrical Discharge (Su): At 1st level, the anaxim has the ability to unleash a potent electrical discharge from its body as a standard action. This discharge can take the form of either a touch attack or, starting at 2nd level, a ranged touch attack.
    If used as a touch attack, the electrical discharge deals 1d6 damage, plus extra damage equal to the anaxim’s charisma modifier.
    At second level, the anaxim can release the electrical discharge as a ranged touch attack against a target within 60 feet, with no range increment. This attack deals 1d6 points of damage per two class levels of the anaxim.

Divine Construction (Ex): At 2nd level the anaxim gains 1 extra hit point per HD and its base land speed increases by 10 feet.
    In addition, the anaxim gains damage reduction X/magic, where X is equal to half of its HD. At 20th level, only epic weapons can pierce the anaxim’s damage reduction.

Ability Score Increases: At 2nd level and every two levels afterwards (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20), the anaxim gains a +1 bonus to strength. At 2nd level and every four levels afterwards (6, 10, 14, 18) the anaxim gains a +1 bonus to Charisma).

Minor Divine Artifice (Sp): Starting at 3rd level, the anaxim gains the power to ignite the latent divine power within itself to imitate magic, gaining the power to cast spell-like abilities. These spell-like abilities have a caster level equal to the anaxim’s HD.

At 3rd level, the anaxim can use Blur, Inflict Light Damage and Repair Light Damage once per day per HD. It can also use Lesser Armor Enhancement and Magical Vestment once per day per two HD.

Created Abomination (Ex): Starting at 4th level the anaxim gains resistance to fire and cold equal to its HD, it also gains Blindsight with a range of 5 feet per HD and telepathy with a range of 10 feet per HD. Finally, the anaxim is under constant effect of the See Invisibility spell, this effect improves to a constant True Seeing at class level 14.

Bolter Guns: At 4th level, the anaxim adds two bolter guns to its arsenal, a bolter gun is a ranged weapon with a range increment of 120 feet that deals damage equal 1d6 + strength modifier, and counts as both a natural weapon and as a manufactured weapon. The anaxim can perform iterative attacks with its bolter guns and dual wield them effectively.
    The anaxim can take two-weapon fighting, improved two-weapon fighting and greater two-weapon fighting, without needing the minimum dexterity requirement.

Improved Divine Construction (Ex): At 5th level the anaxim gains spell resistance equal to 10 + HD and fast healing equal to half of its HD. Its base land speed also increases by another 10 feet.

Heliblades: Starting at 5th level, the anaxim gains a fly speed equal to 10 feet per class level (up to 200 feet at 20th level), with average maneuverability. At 10th level this maneuverability improves to good, and at 15th level it increases to perfect.

Lesser Divine Artifice (Sp): At 6th level the anaxim may cast Inflict Moderate Damage and Repair Moderate Damage instead of Inflict Light Damage and Repair Light Damage. It can gains Invisibility, Lightning Bolt, Lesser Weapon Enhancement and Greater Magical Weapon as spell like abilities once per day per two HD.

Undivine Will (Ex): At 7th level, the divine spark within the anaxim grows in power, giving it a limited control of its own fate. The anaxim no longer automatically fails any d20 roll on a natural one.

Weapons of Mass Destruction (Ex): At 8th level, the damage from the anaxim’s slam, spinning blades, melee electrical touch and bolt spikes increases to 1d8. In addition, the anaxim’s slam, spinning blades and bolt spikes may be enchanted as magic weapons; the anaxim must be present for the entirety of the enchanting process.

Greater Divine Construction (Ex): Starting at 9th level the anaxim gains bonus hit points per HD based on his charisma modifier. Finally, the anaxim's base land speed increases by another 10 feet.

Divine Artifice (Sp): At 9th level the anaxim may cast Inflict Serious Damage, Repair Serious Damage instead of Inflict Light damage and Repair Light Damage, Armor Enhancement instead of Lesser Armor Enhancement and Displacement instead of Blur. It also gains Lesser Dispel Magic as spell-like abilities once per day per three HD.

Pneumatic Pummeler (Ex): Starting at 10th level, whenever the anaxim hits its target with a slam, it may pummel the victim into submission, starting a bull rush or trip attempt as a free action that does not cause an attack of opportunity.
    If the anaxim chooses to bull rush its target, it does not need to move along the victim.
    If this attempt fails, the target cannot attempt to trip the anaxim in return.

Sonic Blast (Su): At 11th level, the anaxim gains the power to unleash a destructive sound wave. This is a sonic attack that deals 1d6 points of damage per HD of the anaxim to everything in a 60 feet cone, a reflex save can halve the damage, and the DC is based on charisma. Once the sonic blast has been used, the anaxim must wait 5 rounds before using it again.

Greater Divine Artifice (Sp): At 12th level the anaxim may cast Inflict Critical Damage and Repair Critical Damage instead of Inflict Light damage and Repair Light Damage. It also may cast Greater Invisibility instead of Invisibility and Weapon Enhancement instead of Lesser Weapon Enhancement.

Instruments of Deicide (Ex): At 13th level, the base damage of the anaxim’s slam, spinning blade, melee electrical touch and bolt spikes increase to 2d6. And the anaxim’s physical attacks count as adamantine weapons for the purpose of ignoring hardness and damage reduction.

Undivine Slaughter (Ex): Starting at 14th level, whenever the anaxim strikes a target with both spinning blades, the weapons latch to the victim and tear at her flesh, instantly dealing damage equal to the combined damage of the two spinning blade attacks (4d6+ twice the anaxim’s strength modifier, normally). Finally, starting at this level anaxim can attack with both spinning blades or both slams as a standard action.

Master’s Divine Artifice (Sp): At 15th level the anaxim may spend two uses of Inflict Light Damage to cast Disable Construct and may spend two uses of Repair Light damage to cast Total Repair. It can also use Greater Dispel Magic instead of Lesser Dispel Magic and Greater Armor Enhancement instead of Lesser Armor Enhancement.

Summon Iron Golem (Sp): Starting at 16th level, the anaxim gains the power to summon an iron golem to its side. Using this spell-like ability is a standard action, but the iron golem takes one round to arrive, and remains for one hour after being summoned, this effect is equivalent to a spell of a level equal to half the anaxim’s HD and has a caster level equal to the anaxim’s HD.
    The anaxim can summon an iron golem once per day, at 18th level and 20th level it gains the power to use this ability one additional time per day.

Supreme Divine Artifice (Sp): At 18th level the anaxim gains Ethereal Jaunt once per day per four HD. It may also cast Chain Lightning by spending two uses of Lightning Bolt and may castGreater Weapon Enhancement instead of Lesser Weapon Enhancement.

Apocalyptic Drive (Ex): At 19th level, the anaxim gains the ability to deliver a brutal onslaught with its natural weapons. The anaxim may perform iterative attacks with its spinning blades and slams (but can only perform iterative attacks with its offhand blade or slam if it has Improved Two Weapon Fighting and Greater Two Weapon fighting), and gains Whirlwind Attack as a bonus feat even if he does not qualify for it.

Undivine Spark (Ex): At 20th level, the divine spark latent within the anaxim flares to power, giving it the power to force reality to comply to its designs like a god would, but in a much more limited fashion. Once per day per four HD, the anaxim can treat the result of any d20 roll as a 20. This is not a natural 20 however, and an actual roll must still be made to determine if it is an automatic success or a critical threat (if such are possible). The anaxim can declare the use of this ability after the actual roll is made.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first abomination is up!

One might notice that I put some abilities scaling with HD, and others with Class levels. This is intentional because... Well. It is a 20 level class (with an epic progression coming later, I will do that with all abominations) I need to give reason to stick to it, and not just by cramming more stuff into the upper levels.

The anaxim is all about tearing things apart with its claws spinning blades, hammering stuff into smush with its slam, eletrocuting people and... Well, killing things in a thousand of ways. Also all about adaptating its weapons and (body) armor to better murder whatever it is fighting. FInally, as a capstone, this divine misdeed can say "failure is not an option" to the universe and practically declare any action successful a few times per day.

Motivations for anaxim are simple. Deicide, deicide, deicide.

Edit: quoted instead of spoilering.

Changelog!
    Spoiler
    Show

22/10/2010
    - Wisdom bonus removed.
    - Wisdom to saves removed.
    - Spell-like ablities pruned.
    - Undivine Slaughter now allows one attack with both natural weapons as a standard action.
    - Instruments of Deicide changed in the table (was Tools of Deicide before).
    - Ability to receive Armor enchanting spell-like abilities moved from Lesser Divine Artifice to Apocalyptic Engine.
    - Electricity Discharge renamed Electrical Discharge.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-10-22 at 08:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Can someone work on the Tsochar soon?

I think it would be a really REALLY interesting thing to play as.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NosferatuZodd View Post
    Can someone work on the Tsochar soon?

I think it would be a really REALLY interesting thing to play as.
    If no one else minds or is already working on that, I might give it a shot.

17. - Top - End - #1307

Tarrasque

Spoiler
    Show

1 | +0 | +2|+0 |+2 |Ancient body, Assimilation, Improved grab, +1 Str, +1 Con
    2| +1| +3|+0 |+2 | Monstrosity, Rush +1 Str, +1 Con
    3| +2| +3|+1| +3| Claws, Pounce, +1 Str, +1 Con
    4| +3| +4| +1|+4 | Growth, Stomp, +1 Str, +1 Con
    5| +3| +4| +1| +4| Horns, Beginning of the end, Terror from below +1 Str, +1 Con
    6| +4| +5|+2 |+5 |Doom, Primal Roar, +1 Str, +1 Con
    7| +5| +5| +2| +5| Reality bend, +1 Str, +1 Con
    8| +6| +6| +2| +6| Growth, Devouring bite, +1 Str, +1 Con
    9| +6| +6|+ 3|+6| Reality Tear, +1 Str, +1 Con
    10| +7| +7|+3 |+7 |Destroyer, Immortal vigor, +1 Str, +1 Con
    11| +8| +7| +3|+7 |Carapace, Prevail +1 Str, +1 Con
    12| +9| +8| +3|+8 | Growth, Tail Slap +1 Str, +1 Con
    13| +9| +8| +4| +8| Unstoppable force, Augmented Critical, +1 Str, +1 Con
    14| +10| +9| +4| +9| Ancient Heart, +1 Str, +1 Con
    15| +11| +9| +4| +9| Trample, +1 Str, +1 Con
    16| +12| +10| +5| +10|Growth, Earthquake +1 str, +1 con
    17| +12| +10| +5|+10| Counter, +1 Str, +1 Con
    18| +13| +11|+5 |+11 |Sky Breaker, +1 str, +1 con
    19 | +14| +11| +5| +11| Eruption, +1 Str, +1 Con
    20| +15| +12| +5| +12| Apocalypse, +1 Str, +1 Con

[/TABLE]
    2 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level.
    Class skills: Concentration, Climb, Jump, Spot, Listen, Appraise, Bluff, Intimidate, Knowledge(any).

Proficiencies: the tarrasque isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons.

Features:

Ancient body: The tarrasque loses all other racial traits and becomes a medium sized magical beast with all the related traits(basically darkivision 60 foot and low light vision). It has a base speed of 40 foot and a natural bite attack dealing 1d10+1.5 str modifier damage, and the scent ability. It has claws and tail although they're too weak to do anything for now. It is incapable of fine manipulation but it can talk in a guttural deep primal voice. It automatically knows the common language and one extra language of it's choice for each point of Int bonus.

It also gains a bonus to natural armor equal to his Con modifier+2. Whenever the Tarrasque grows in size it's natural armor grows by an extra +1.
    Unless otherwise noticed all of the Tarrasque abilities are Ex abilities, even those that replicate spells.

Assimilation:
    The tarrasque is an avatar of doom, not only destroying everything in his wake but growing stronger as he does so.

As a full-round action the tarrasque may eat an unattended piece of magic equipment, in which case it is destroyed and it's essence assimilated into the tarrasque's body. This essence then forms special scales on the surface of the body of the tarrasque corresponding to the item slot of the original item granting the magic bonus of the assimilated item (if any). Magic weapons absorbed transfer their magic enchantments to a natural weapon of the tarrasque's choice (use the natural weapon basic stats). Enchantments that only work on ranged attacks don't benefit the tarrasque. Armor and shield bonuses apply to the tarrasque's natural armor. Charged items keep their old number of charges and can be used the normal number of times as long as the activation method was simple like a command word. As usual, equipment bonus of the same type don't stack and the tarrasque can't have two assimilated items corresponding to the same body slot.

Basically, this ability allows the tarrasque to use equipment but keeping a monster look. The magic scales have all the vulnerabilities of normal magic items except that pulling them off demands winning a Str check against the tarrasque.

The tarrasque may remove his own magic scales without harm, at which point he loses their bonus and the scales crystallize into exotic gems that are worth as much as the original magic item.

Improved grab:As the srd ability.

Ability score increase: the tarrasque gains +1 Str and +1 Con at every level, for a total of +20 Str and +20 Con at 20th level.

Monstrosity:The tarrasque gains regeneration equal to half the tarrasque's HD, which can only be bypassed by critical hits(including coup de grace). Also gains resistance to fire, cold, sonic, acid and electricity equal to his HD.

If the Tarrasque somehow becomes immune to critical hits it loses it's regeneration.

Rush:Once per minute the Tarrasque can quadruple his base for one round as a free action.

Claws: The tarrasque gains two claw attacks dealing 1d4+Str damage each as secondary attacks.

Pounce:When the tarrasque charges it may perform a full attack at the end of a charge.

Growth: The tarrasque grows one size category.

Stomp: As a standard action a number of times per day equal to his Con modifier the tarrasque may slam the ground he stands in, creating a shockwave that makes the ground tremble, twist and crack forming dangerous spikes. This works as an Entangle SLA except that there's no need for presence of plants, the duration is permanent, the radius of the effect is equal to the Tarrasque's face and the area of effect must be in contact with the Tarrasque when it's started, but the Tarrasque himself it's immune to it's effect. Save DC 10+1/2 HD+Str modifier.

At 8 HD the Tarrasque may use this ability as a move action.
    At 12 HD the Tarrasque may use this ability as a swift action.
    At 16 HD the Tarrasque may use this ability as a free action even if it isn't it's turn but only once per round.
    At 20 HD the Tarrasque can use this ability at will, but only once per round. It adds two times his Str modifier to the DCs instead of just once.

Horns The tarrasque gains two horn attacks dealing 1d6 damage each as secondary attacks.

Beginning of the end:
    The tarrasque's skin starts to shrug off both sorcery and sword. The tarrasque gains SR=11+HD+Con modifier and DR/- equal to half his HD.

Terror from below: The tarrasque lurks under earth or water, waiting for his opportunity to strike. It gains a swim speed equal to his base speed and a burrow speed equal to half his base speed. In adition the tarrasque no longer needs to breath and it can eat anything as sustenance, as well as gaining tremorsense with a range of 10 foot per HD.

Doom: As the tarrasque grows it resembles more and more an avatar of destruction. The first time the tarrasque attacks or charges each round, every oponent of the same size or smaller than the tarrasque that can see it must make a Will save DC 10+1/2 tarrasque's HD+Con modifier or be shaken for 1 round. Failing the save by 10 or more leaves the creature panicked. At 12 HD even oponents immune to fear can be affected by this ability as nothing is truly safe from the tarrasque, but they gain a +5 bonus on the save.

Primal Roar:The tarrasque can roar with such strengh it creates waves of impact that bring down everything above him. A number of times per day equal to his Con modifier, as a move action the Tarrasque can roar, affecting all creatures in a range of 100 foot per HD (the tarrasque may reduce this radius if it wishes). The primal roar extends to the ethereal plane itself affecting ethereal creatures.

Flying creatures (and objects like airships and flying islands) affected by the primal roar are mercilessly brought down to near the ground stopping 10 foot above it. Creatures may try to fly higher again after landing but they'll be brought down again at the beginning of their next turn while the roar lasts. This affects even the Tarrasque himself of he somehow was flying.

The primal roar keeps echoing and every creature affected suffers the same effects for 1 round per Tarrasque HD after it roars. If the Tarrasque is in an area where there is no discernible “ground” like the elemental plane of water or most of the ethereal plane then creatures fall towards the Tarrasque itself slamming on it's hard body but whitout dealing it damage.

At 12 HD the tarrasque may roar as a swift action. At 18 HD it may roar as a free action any number of times per day it wants (but still just once per turn) and it adds twice his Con modifier to the DCs instead of once.

Reality bend:The tarrasque's sheer presence is enough to start making the very existence around him twist. The tarrasque gains a permanent mindblank effect and can use plane shift as a SLA 1/day for each 4HD it has, save DC 10+1/2 tarrasque's HD+Con mod.

In addition, the tarrasque can enter personal extradimensional spaces like rope trick and mage's magnificent mansion. Even if the entrance is too small for the tarrasque to fit it can tear it open untill it's large enough simply by moving through it.

Devouring bite:The tarrasque can try to swallow a grappled opponent two or more size categories smaller than it by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 1d8+1/2 str modifier points of crushing damage plus 1d8+Con modifier points of acid damage per round from the tarrasque’s digestive juices(both damages increase accordingly when the tarrasque grows in size). A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing damage to the tarrasque’s digestive tract (AC 10+Con modifier) equal to his HD+Constitution score (not modifier). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. The tarrasque’s gullet can hold two creatures two size smaller than him, or eight creatures three sizes smaller than him, or 32 creatures four sizes smaller than him, and so on.

In addition, the tarrasque now ignores freedom of movement effects when using this and its improved grab ability.

Reality tear: The tarrasque's natural weapons now ignore all DR that can be bypassed by something. DR/- is only half as effective, and the tarrasque's natural weapons now benefit from a permanent ghost touch effect.

Destroyer: The tarrasque revels in destruction. For each 10 damage it deals in a turn it gains a +1 luck bonus on attacks, saves and skills on his next turn. The tarrasque can't gain a bonus with this ability bigger than his HD.

Immortal vigor:The tarrasque endures through the worst the world has to throw at him. It gains a permanent Death Ward effect.

Carapace: The tarrasque’s armorlike carapace becomes exceptionally tough and highly reflective, deflecting all rays, lines, cones, and even magic missile spells cast from more than 30 foot away from the tarrasque. There is a 50% chance of reflecting any such effect back at the caster; otherwise, it is merely negated. Check for reflection before rolling to overcome the creature’s spell resistance.

In addition, the tarrasque doubles his DR and resistances against any ranged attack (including but not limited to breath weapons, orbs, fireballs and the such) coming from more than 30 foot away from it.

Prevail:The tarrasque revels on violence and destruction, even when inflicted upon itself. Especially when inflicted upon itself.

For each 10 damage taken by the tarrasque it gains a +1 luck bonus on it's attack rolls, saves and skills on his next turn. The tarrasque can't gain a bonus with this ability bigger than it's own HD. Notice that since it is a luck bonus it doesn't stack with Destroyer.

Tail Slap:The tarrasque gains a tail slap natural weapon dealing 2d8 base damage as secondary attack. The Tarrasque can perform a whirlwind attack with it's tail as a standard action even if it doesn't have the necessary feats.

Unstoppable Force: The tarrasque cannot be stopped. It gains a permanent freedom of movement effect.

Augmented critical: All of the tarrasque's natural weapons now have a 18-20 threat range and deal triple damage in a successful critical.

Ancient Heart: The tarrasque's regeneration can't be bypassed by anything, and any effect that would kill it outright instead simply deals it nonlethal damage equal to it's total HP +10, and it no longer automatically fails saves on a natural 1.

To kill the tarrasque one needs to leave it unconscious by dealing enough non-lethal damage and then cast limited wish to finish it off.

At 18 HD it takes a wish or miracle instead of limited wish to finish the tarrasque.

Trample: As a full-round action, the tarrasque can move up to twice its speed and literally run over any opponents at least one size category smaller than itself. The tarrasque merely has to move over the opponents in its path; any creature whose space is completely covered by the trampling creature’s space is subject to the trample attack. If a target’s space is larger than 5 feet, it is only considered trampled if the trampling creature moves over all the squares it occupies. If the trampling creature moves over only some of a target’s space, the target can make an attack of opportunity against the tarrasque at a -4 penalty.

This deals bludgeoning damage equal to 4d6+1,5 Str modifier (changes acordingly to size). Trampled opponents can attempt attacks of opportunity, but these take a -4 penalty. If they do not make attacks of opportunity, trampled opponents can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage, save DC 10+1/2 HD+Str modifier.

You can only deal trampling damage to each target once per round, no matter how many times its movement takes it over a target creature.

Earthquake: The tarrasque's might is such that it can crack the earth itself simply by stomping its feet as a standard action. This works as an earthquake SLA, useable a number of times per day equal to the tarrasque's Con modifier and using Str for the save DC. The tarrasque itself suffers no ill effects from it.

Counter:Whenever a creature inside the tarrasque's reach attacks it in any way, the Tarrasque may strike back with any of it's natural weapons right after the first attack is resolved

Sky Break: The skies themselves cry when the tarrasque approaches. This works as a storm of vengeance SLA useable a number of times per day equal to the tarrasque's Con modifier, except the tarrasque can start it as a standard action, doesn't need to keep concentration to maintain it, it can last up to one hour per HD and the tarrasque is completely immune to all the ill effects of the storm, including being able to perfectly see through it. The tarrasque can have multiple storms in existance at the same time but if their areas of effect overlap the effects don't stack. Save DCs are 10+1/2 HD+Con modifier.

Eruption:Even the land itself screams at the tarrasque's coming. A number of times per day equal to it's Con modifier, as a full-round action the tarrasque can roar while slamming the ground, making the earth start to tremble. 1D4+1 rounds later a torrent of lava erupts on a place within view of the tarrasque of its choice. It is a cylinder with a radius up to 5 feet per tarrasque HD reaching up to 100 feet high per tarrasque HD. Creatures inside the cylinder get a reflex save DC 10+1/2 HD+Con modifier to get out of the area on time once it explodes. Anyone left inside the cylinder is treated as immersed in lava. This lava is especially hot and burns even creatures with resistance to fire, altough the resistance still applies to the total damage dealt, except the tarrasque itself. The eruption lasts 1 round per tarrasque HD.

Apocalypse:The true purpose of the Tarrasque comes into being. To slay all the gods and their creations. The Tarrasque becomes fully immune to all salient divine abilities and epic magic, and can freely use his reality bend ability to enter any private realms (assuming it has heard about them). The tarrasque also becomes immune to artifacts and can destroy any such trinket by swallowing them.

Creatures slain by the tarrasque's natural weapons or offensive abilities are utterly destroyed and can't be brought back to life/existence by any means known, even divine intervention (especially divine intervetion).

Lesser Tarrasque
    (for those who think the above is too strong)
    Spoiler
    Show

I've received a lot of complains that altough my Tarrasque would make a great oponent for a party, it's too powerfull for your average DM to handle when on the side of the players.

For those people, I present you the Lesser Tarrasque.

-Chance SR to 11+HD instead of 10+HD+Con modifier.
    -Loses pounce.
    -Loses Immortal Vigor.
    -Loses Unstopable Force
    -Loses Ancient Heart.
    -Put Doom on level 14 to fill the empty level left behind.

There. Now it needs to stay still to full attack, and has only average SR and carapace to protect him from spells, plus you can kill it with simple stabbing.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

And here's it ladies and gentlemens, Mr. Big T!

The Tarrasque gains a massive +20 to Str and Con, full Bab and more custom abilities that you can shake a stick at.

It's skills kinda suck but gets scent and tremor sense.

The Tarrasque is a melee monster with several powerfull defensive abilities, including DR, SR, regeneration, and the trinity of death ward, freedom of movement and

The Tarrasque also gets several powers to slow down enemies at distance and negate ranged attacks. With Primal Roar the Tarrasque can force it's oponents into a ground battle.

As it aproaches it's final levels it becomes able to unleash several natural catastrophes to properly set the battle mood. Finally an use for storm of vengeance yay!

The capstone it's the Tarrasque becoming immune to all epic cheese so it explains why the gods would rather run away in fear and only mortal adventurers actualy have a shot at taking it down.

Thanks for InfiniteNothing for cleaning up this one!
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-23 at 07:22 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Firbolg in the Playground

Damn, you've brought out the big guns, eh?

19. - Top - End - #1309

Updated Green Dragon, Fang Dragon and White Dragon with the changes you suggested Oslecamo.
    Great! Will add the White and Green Dragon but I noticed one last problem with the Fang one. Dragons get crush when they reach huge size and tail sweep when they get gargantuan. Your Fang dragon gets crush when it reaches huge size and no tail sweep.

Also, burrow speed at 1st level on the White Dragon may be a little too much. Put it a little higher please.

Now to attempt Tarterian, Howling and Shadow Dragons today.

A question: For the Howling Dragon it has a huge amount of SLA's. What should I do for it to make it not imbalanced. Should I do different levels of SLA's? Like: Novice of Pandemonium, Adept of Pandemonium et cetera...?
    Notice the howling dragon doesn't get spellcasting, that's why it gets lots of SLAs. However, now I notice none of the planar dragons get any spellcasting at all...

EVERYBODY:
    Should we "buff" all the planar dragons with spellcasting? Or should we change the Styx and Pyroclastic dragon already done by removing their spellcasting and giving something else in return?

Draken:
    Great job there! No real critique at first glance so straight to the list!
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-15 at 03:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Bugbear in the Playground

As I see it, True Dragons are the embodiment of dragonhood. It fits for them to get spellcasting.

I'd rather see the non-True dragons get something other than spellcasting, emphasizing their more unique natures.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by AustontheGreat1 View Post
    If no one else minds or is already working on that, I might give it a shot.
    I don't think anyone is, so go ahead. It'll be cool.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Notice the howling dragon doesn't get spellcasting, that's why it gets lots of SLAs. However, now I notice none of the planar dragons get any spellcasting at all...
    Yes, I pointed this out before.

EVERYBODY:
    Should we "buff" all the planar dragons with spellcasting? Or should we change the Styx and Pyroclastic dragon already done by removing their spellcasting and giving something else in return?

[B]
    Well, dragons are the embodiment of magic. They have to b able to cast spells. At least from a thematic standpoint. lets avoid taking away the spellcasting but I'd be willing to cut out SLAs if it becomes Necessary.

I really need to get the Styx dragon finished in a while.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Barbarian in the Playground

By the way, I am now going to play a tarrasque in that campaign I started.
    Really really really awesome avatar thanks to neoseph7

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Actually I think we should just cut the casting on Planar dragons.

Planar dragons are the embodiment of their Planes. Not the embodiment of magic. The Planar Dragons as a class don't need to have Casting, just buff their SLA's instead, or slight increases here or there will make them perfect.

Edit: Okay I know that Shadow Dragon has Spellcasting. But I want to remove it from the Dragon since without casting they will still be a beast to kill, considering they have an Energy Drain breath attack and their shadow stuff.

I'm also trying to show that the Shadow Dragon does have more ties to the Plane of Shadows then to magic. Since they are not true dragons.

Edit 2: I updated Fang Dragon with the stuff about Crush and Tail Sweep.
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-08-15 at 05:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

I may have gone a little overboard with this one so please PEACH!
    As a playable class, yeah, you did go overboard.

Suppose we take him at level 10, and have someone who doesn't know his explicit vulnerabilities trying to kill him.

Somewhere along the line, he assimilates, say, a +1 Shield of Heavy Fortification. Nothing can pierce his regeneration without first getting rid of the heavy fortification (and he doesn't need to breathe, thanks to Terror from Below, so no drowning him, either). That's a problem if you do not specifically know about his assimilation ability and his regeneration. His spell resistance quickly grown to effective magic immunity. At this level, you basically need to force him to fail to a True Save-or-die, as that's the *only* way to kill him (anything lesser is shrugged off in a few rounds). And people are just then getting save-or-die effects. And he's got a ridiculous save. How many classes are there that take highly-specific knowledge to kill, and *require* spellcasting to slay, when you surprise them in their sleep?

Also, from a balance perspective:
    At levels 5, 10, 15, and 20, what monster of CR 5, 10, 15, and 20 (respectively) has a reasonable chance (50/50, say) of taking down your Mr. T if he's built using PC rules?

Edit:
    Oh, and the half-dragon references four levels in a couple of different places, but the table stops at level 2.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2010-08-15 at 06:38 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

26. - Top - End - #1316

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    As a playable class, yeah, you did go overboard.

Suppose we take him at level 10, and have someone who doesn't know his explicit vulnerabilities trying to kill him.

Somewhere along the line, he assimilates, say, a +1 Shield of Heavy Fortification.
    That's worth 36.000 GP just for the enchantment. A 10th level character has 49.000 total worth of health. Not a very realistic scenario.

Nothing can pierce his regeneration without first getting rid of the heavy fortification (and he doesn't need to breathe, thanks to Terror from Below, so no drowning him, either).
    Even then kinda questionable since the heavy fortification text sugests it only negates the extra damage, but the attack would still count as a crit.

That's a problem if you do not specifically know about his assimilation ability and his regeneration. His spell resistance quickly grown to effective magic immunity.
    Well I'm expecting the casters to bring assay spell resistance, improved spell penetration, CL boosters and other tricks to bypass SR along the way.

At this level, you basically need to force him to fail to a True Save-or-die, as that's the *only* way to kill him (anything lesser is shrugged off in a few rounds). And people are just then getting save-or-die effects. And he's got a ridiculous save. How many classes are there that take highly-specific knowledge to kill, and *require* spellcasting to slay, when you surprise them in their sleep?
    Wizard, cleric, druid, archivist, artificer, well built sorcerors, all with their minions and contigencies, shall I continue?

Also, from a balance perspective:
    At levels 5, 10, 15, and 20, what monster of CR 5, 10, 15, and 20 (respectively) has a reasonable chance (50/50, say) of taking down your Mr. T if he's built using PC rules?
    At level 5 any kind of swarm creature of diminutive or smaller size. The tarrasque can only hurt them with stomp and will probably run out of uses before the swarm runs out of HP, then be devoured alive unless he runs away. Ephemereal swarm is composed of tiny creatures but Incorporeal, dealing automatic no save 1d6 str damage every turn. Assuming the Tarrasque has 18 starting str+ 5 levels +2 item that's 25 str. It has seven turns to kill the swarm or die.

At level 10 a juvenile shaddow dragon (CR 8) buffing itself with expeditious retreat breathes on Big T inflicting at least one negative level and backs away hiding in nearby shaddows, rinse and repeat untill it dies.

At level 15 White Ethergaunt with a couple wizard levels. Great tough battle, should be worth watching.

At level 20 Worm that Walks. Excellent stats, 18th level sorceror casting, summongs colossal undeads wich deal Con Drain. Now at this level there's a lot of variables but Big T is in for a very tough fight!

I must thank you for your critique, but I must also point out I'm aiming at the higher levels of power of D&D. The biggest actual challenge of Mr. T it's that unlike the Solar, Ethergaunt, Pit Fiend and the other big monsters already done it's that it doesn't get an array of support SLAs, so I needed to design several custom defensive abilities to keep it going.

As for the Half-Dragon, do notice it says 4 HD, not 4th level. Many of my classes keep giving you stuff after you stop taking them.

un_known:
    Shaddow dragons keep their spellcasting. Point. You also didn't include the tail sweep ability description, there's just the name in the table. Plus 7th level kinda empty, please re-arrange stuff as possible so it gets more filled.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-15 at 07:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Kay. Moved Telekinesis to level 7 and added Tail Sweep's description.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

That's worth 36.000 GP just for the enchantment. A 10th level character has 49.000 total worth of health. Not a very realistic scenario.
    Not out of range, though, and crazy-useful for him. And you still have the same trouble at 12th when it's much more likely. I just use CR 5, 10, 15, and 20 as simple comparison-points.
    Even then kinda questionable since the heavy fortification text sugests it only negates the extra damage, but the attack would still count as a crit.
    The exact text:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    This suit of armor or shield produces a magical force that protects vital areas of the wearer more effectively. When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on the wearer, there is a chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and damage is instead rolled normally.
    (Emphasis added). In most cases, extra damage is the only effect of a critical hit or sneak attack. But it does quite clearly say the critical hit is negated - so it's not a crit anymore.
    Well I'm expecting the casters to bring assay spell resistance, improved spell penetration, CL boosters and other tricks to bypass SR along the way.
    Ah... so rather than attempting to balance itself+Core, you're basically assuming everyone who plays is extremely good at optimization and has access to all sources? Not what I'd call balanced, but that's just me, I suppose. Oh yes... and going through sources like that requires skill. Running your version of Mr. T? Not so much.
    Wizard, cleric, druid, archivist, artificer, well built sorcerors, shall I continue?
    Only when played extremely paranoid, and even then, usually has a few gaping flaws that prevent the defensive character from being an effective character otherwise in actual play. This thing has no such limitation. Oh yes, and such casters, to be that way, almost always require a great many sources; this just needs itself and some core stuff to be rediculously close to invulnerable.
    At level 5 any kind of swarm creature of diminutive or smaller size. The tarrasque can only hurt them with stomp and will probably run out of uses before the swarm runs out of HP, then be devoured alive unless he runs away.
    Ah... at 5d6 per Stomp at 5th, that CR 8 Hellwasp Swarm with it's 93 HP takes, on average, 5 or 6 Stomps to slay. Oh yes, and the more likely CR-4 Centipede Swarm takes 2 or 3. No, if he starts fresh (which is fair for a mono-a-mono battle of equal CR), and puts decent scores in Con and Strength, he's not going to run out. Especially as size category increases also increase Strength, Constitution, and Natural Armor per the normal advancing monsters rules ... and he grew a size category at 4th.
    Ephemereal swarm is composed of tiny creatures but Incorporeal, dealing automatic no save 1d6 str damage every turn. Assuming the Tarrasque has 18 starting str+ 5 levels +2 item that's 25 str. It has seven turns to kill the swarm or die.
    Okay... so one relatively obscure critter here, that can get him at CR 5.
    At level 10 a juvenile shaddow dragon (CR 8) buffing itself with expeditious retreat breathes on Big T inflicting at least one negative level and backs away hiding in nearby shaddows, rinse and repeat untill it dies.
    You gave Mr. T Immortal Vigor at tenth. "he may choose to remove the same amount of negative levels" ... Doesn't work. Ditto for Allips, Ephermereal Swarm, and others, at this point. Oh yes, and he got Augmented Senses at 7th, letting him add his Con modifier to Spot checks. And Spot is a class skill, as well as being one of the single most valuable skills in the game. You need a pretty well-focused hider to avoid your version of Mr. T.
    At level 15 White Ethergaunt with a couple wizard levels. Great tough battle, should be worth watching.
    Not familiar with the White Ethergaunt... where's it from?
    At level 20 Worm that Walks. Excellent stats, 18th level sorceror casting, summongs colossal undeads wich deal Con Drain. Now at this level there's a lot of variables but Big T is in for a very tough fight!
    Ah, the sample Worm that Walks listed in the Epic Handbook is CR 26, and it's a +3 CR template... which means a Sorcerer-18 Worm that Walks is CR 21. And at this point, Mr. T is essentially immune to almost anything the Worm could muster, regardless. Oh yes, and even if the Worm does get Mr. T down into the negatives... tell me: As Mr. T doesn't auto-fail on a roll of 1 (ancient heart, 18 hit dice), how high does Mr. Worm need to get his save DC so that the Wish will work (Oh yes, and don't forget: It's a Fort save, he's got a +10 Racial bonus to Con, four size increases (so another +16 to Con from Improving Monsters, and is applying his Con modifier to the Fort save three times (because he's below 50% and below 25%).

But ignoring that... Now that there's some things that can potentially threaten, consider: What percentage of equal CR things actually stand a reasonable chance? How many level-appropriate monsters does the DM have that he can throw against a party that includes one Mr. T? Unless the other players hyper-optimize as well (which requires a very large amount of player skill to do well enough to keep up with your Mr. T, whereas playing your Mr. T requires... this and some core items...), how well are they going to contribute in battle, relatively speaking?

I must thank you for your critique, but I must also point out I'm aiming at the higher levels of power of D&D. The biggest actual challenge of Mr. T it's that unlike the Solar, Ethergaunt, Pit Fiend and the other big monsters already done it's that it doesn't get an array of support SLAs, so I needed to design several custom defensive abilities to keep it going.
    Maybe... but my point was that you went overboard. Out of the box, with wealth-by-level equipment (oh yes, and he gets to ignore item slots, and stacking - so he can assimilate a +1 Ghost Touch armor, and now his natural armor applies vs. Incorporeal touch attacks... and he can assimilate a +1 armor of heavy fortification, and he can assimilate a +5 Armor... and come out with Epic-level armor (as he's got +5, with an extra +8 of extras). And then can add on Reflecting, and so on. And his stuff can't be stolen or Sundered.
    As for the Half-Dragon, do notice it says 4 HD, not 4th level. Many of my classes keep giving you stuff after you stop taking them.
    Ah, gotcha. Does it change type, as the standard Half-dragon template?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2010-08-15 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Formatting
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ettin in the Playground

Gotta agree with Jack, the Tarrasque looks like... Just a tad too much for a player class.

Perhaps turn his early regeneration into simple Fast Healing and make the Regeneration proper come later? And it might be wise to remove a few of the outright immunities. A class can't do everything, some weaknesses have to be patched up with Magic items, but as is, Magic items just make unlikely to ever be killed into impossible to ever be killed.

In the grim end, it is really hard (if not impossible) to avoid turning Protection from Cheese into Cheese itself.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #1320

The exact text:(Emphasis added). In most cases, extra damage is the only effect of a critical hit or sneak attack. But it does quite clearly say the critical hit is negated - so it's not a crit anymore.
    Fine I'll add a clause to stop fortified/undead tarrasque shenigans.

Ah... so rather than attempting to balance itself+Core, you're basically assuming everyone who plays is extremely good at optimization and has access to all sources? Not what I'd call balanced, but that's just me, I suppose. Oh yes... and going through sources like that requires skill. Running your version of Mr. T? Not so much.
    Sue me for wanting to make material for my own use.

Only when played extremely paranoid, and even then, usually has a few gaping flaws that prevent the defensive character from being an effective character otherwise in actual play.
    Rope trick. Never be suprised during sleep again. Didn't really need that many loops did I?

This thing has no such limitation. Oh yes, and such casters, to be that way, almost always require a great many sources; this just needs itself and some core stuff to be rediculously close to invulnerable.
    Astral projection from your secret plane.

Ah... at 5d6 per Stomp at 5th, that CR 8 Hellwasp Swarm with it's 93 HP takes, on average, 5 or 6 Stomps to slay. Oh yes, and the more likely CR-4 Centipede Swarm takes 2 or 3. No, if he starts fresh (which is fair for a mono-a-mono battle of equal CR), and puts decent scores in Con and Strength, he's not going to run out.
    Well that's for what reflex saves for half damage are for.

Especially as size category increases also increase Strength, Constitution, and Natural Armor per the normal advancing monsters rules ... and he grew a size category at 4th.
    Sigh read the first post. NONE of the monsters here get extra stats just for increasing size.

Okay... so one relatively obscure critter here, that can get him at CR 5.You gave Mr. T Immortal Vigor at tenth. "he may choose to remove the same amount of negative levels" ... Doesn't work. Ditto for Allips, Ephermereal Swarm, and others, at this point.
    Hmm could swear it came at level 10. Well that was the point anyway, too sleepy to dig trough the MMs now.

Oh yes, and he got Augmented Senses at 7th, letting him add his Con modifier to Spot checks. And Spot is a class skill, as well as being one of the single most valuable skills in the game. You need a pretty well-focused hider to avoid your version of Mr. T.
    Hiders usually invest in Con and get stuff like small size to help hiding. Mr.T doesn't have much time to invest in Wis.

The shaddow dragon on the other hand completely blends into the shaddows gaining total concealment no matter how good your spot is.

Not familiar with the White Ethergaunt... where's it from?
    Fiend Folio.

Ah, the sample Worm that Walks listed in the Epic Handbook is CR 26, and it's a +3 CR template... which means a Sorcerer-18 Worm that Walks is CR 21. And at this point, Mr. T is essentially immune to almost anything the Worm could muster, regardless. Oh yes, and even if the Worm does get Mr. T down into the negatives... tell me: As Mr. T doesn't auto-fail on a roll of 1 (ancient heart, 18 hit dice), how high does Mr. Worm need to get his save DC so that the Wish will work
    That's 3.0, so yesterday. Check out the 3.5 CR 20 Worm that Walks from Elder Evils!

(Oh yes, and don't forget: It's a Fort save, he's got a +10 Racial bonus to Con, four size increases (so another +16 to Con from Improving Monsters, and is applying his Con modifier to the Fort save three times (because he's below 50% and below 25%).
    You know for someone acusing me of doing overpowered stuff you keep giving my monsters even more extra abilities (again check the first post, and do notice monster advancement rules apply to advancing monster HD, not class abilities).

But ignoring that... Now that there's some things that can potentially threaten, consider: What percentage of equal CR things actually stand a reasonable chance? How many level-appropriate monsters does the DM have that he can throw against a party that includes one Mr. T?
    I'll share with you a terrible truth. When I DM I indeed need to dig a lot trough my MMs to find stuff to keep the batman wizard and codzilla challenged while making sure the noncasters are usefull as well. 90% of the times I "pimp" the monsters by changing their feats and advancing their HDs in half-cheesy ways.

Monsters out of the book are unbalanced by themselves and every CR will have a wild variation of power. Some monsters are pathetic for their CR (the original Tarrasque that can be defeated by an unarmed fighter, wich is saying something), then we get stuff like the Clockwork Horror that throws at-will disjuctions at Cr 9.

Unless the other players hyper-optimize as well (which requires a very large amount of player skill to do well enough to keep up with your Mr. T, whereas playing your Mr. T requires... this and some core items...), how well are they going to contribute in battle, relatively speaking?
    Depends a lot on the party and the challenge they're facing. For one the big size of the Tarrasque makes it unsuited for your typical dungeon crawling and socializing is basically impossible due to the large size alone. Spellcasters still offer important support spells, rogues still can do stuff whitout atracting the atention of everybody and everything in the country, warblades still Iron Heart Surge the sun, ect, ect.

Maybe... but my point was that you went overboard. Out of the box, with wealth-by-level equipment (oh yes, and he gets to ignore item slots, and stacking - so he can assimilate a +1 Ghost Touch armor, and now his natural armor applies vs. Incorporeal touch attacks... and he can assimilate a +1 armor of heavy fortification, and he can assimilate a +5 Armor... and come out with Epic-level armor (as he's got +5, with an extra +8 of extras). And then can add on Reflecting, and so on. And his stuff can't be stolen or Sundered.
    Now there's a good point, will change that now so it can't assimilate items of the same slot.

Ah, gotcha. Does it change type, as the standard Half-dragon template?
    Yes it says so at the begginning if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-15 at 08:18 PM.