New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Regulars as Elder Evils!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Permission granted

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naw, Mr. Fel is harmless. He just wants to be loved.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-19 at 01:00 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

And you shall know fear. And feats. 5 nice juicy feats over the course of 20 levels for the low low price of helping bring about the end of all you've ever known or ever could know.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2015-05-19 at 01:08 AM.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    And you shall know fear. And feats. 5 nice juicy feats over the course of 20 levels for the low low price of helping bring about the end of all you've ever known or ever could know.
    you make a compelling sales pitch, but what I want to know is will it be fun for me afterward.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Concept that just occurred to me, something that could be used by someone else for an elder evil for whomever.

An entity's end game is the merge all the planes into one. Not the end of reality necessarily, but certainly as we know it. Not just a dream, as they are capable of such a feat. This could be done as an outside influence that wants to break down the barriers between the planes and both each other and what lies beyond, or something feels they have something to gain by putting all the planes in one bucket (Draw all planes into one plane in particular, or just lifting what separates them and pushing them together).

Precedent: If I recall correctly the shadar-kai once attempted a ritual to bring the material plane into the plane of shadow, merging the two planes (Their curse resulting from the failure of the ritual when some heroes stopped them). So, if they could have done it, whats to stop an -immensely- powerful entity (alone or with the help of mad cultists and other entities) to do the same on a larger scale?
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2015-05-19 at 01:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I'd be happy to contribute to some of these threads, but I don't feel like I have the best grasp of the most of the people making requests. Maybe if I had some descriptions, blurbs, or something?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

First off, hot damn Red Fel, racking up the evil awesomeness early!

Secondly, Marlowe, I love seeing your comics, mostly because I have a soft spot in my heart for
    Tieflings, since my first character was a Tiefling Monk (I know, crucify me).

Lastly, I give my permission for someone to make me into an Elder Evil. These things have always fascinated me.
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-05-19 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    First off, hot damn Red Fel, racking up the evil awesomeness early!

Secondly, Marlowe, I love seeing your comics, mostly because I have a soft spot in my heart for
    Tieflings, since my first character was a Tiefling Monk (I know, crucify me).

Lastly, I give my permission for someone to make me into an Elder Evil. These things have always fascinated me.
    Do you want to be a crucified fiendish weasel elder evil?

9. - Top - End - #39

I'd like to give my permission. I also plan on contributing one of these to someone soon.
    Last edited by tadkins; 2015-05-19 at 02:20 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Do you want to be a crucified fiendish weasel elder evil?
    Uhh...

edit: Ya know, the more I think about it, that actually sounds like it could be a pretty interesting concept >.>
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-05-19 at 02:29 AM.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiled below is my attempt on Eggynack. Sorry if the ability writing gets confusing at the end. Got kind of sleepy working on this.

My basis on the design is based on his normal very level-headed discussion and general love of druids, except with the evil dial turned up to 11.

Spoiler: Taking a stab at Eggynack so-to-speak
    Show
    Eggynack

Eggynack is a single entity composed of millions of microscopic parts. These parts can reproduce through being introduced into another living being, which Eggynack can then assimilate into his collective self. Many worlds have fallen prey to Eggynack and become part of the Eggynack hivemind. His thought processes, while extremely logical and systematic, are so alien that most life can't comprehend Eggynack's actions.

Background
    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Eggynack originated on a world where global communication and individualism were the norm. However, many individuals expressed nonsensical ideas and caused a great deal of chaos. Eggynack wished for his race to think more clearly and slowly grew in power, convincing others to his side. As this continued Eggynack gained greater and greater power to shift others ideas to his side. Soon rather than simply changing others minds, he began to assimilate them into his own, exponentially increasing his power. Soon he came to realize it was rare for others to be able to comprehend his perfect thought processes, so he began to assimilate those that could not by force in order to help them understand.

Eggynack's efforts have not always been perfectly successful. Sometimes, some of a species or race manage to devise a way to elude being fully assimilated into Eggynack. The Mind-flayers are one such specimen. Before their entire homeworld could be fully assimilated into Eggynack, some colonies of the mutated beings devised a way to travel through the void of space in order to escape Eggynack's influence: Spiral shell shaped spacecraft. Their ancient technology could cleanse an incomplete control of Eggynack, and the remains of their ships on Earth contain pieces of Eggynack. Should one ever be broken, Eggynack would be unleashed into the world. (History DC 45)

Goals
    Spoiler: Goals
    Show
    Eggynack seeks to show the beings of worlds he comes across the errors in their thought processes. In order to achieve this, Eggynack subjugates all life that it encounters with logical, methodical arguments and actions, however his mental processes are so far beyond the mortals, they are simply incomprehensible. Knowing that many creatures understand being shown more readily than being told, Eggynack begins by assimilating non-sapient life first; plant and animal life and utilizing them to show sapient beings the error of their ways. If the sapient life on a planet does not respond appropriately by willingly subjugating themselves to Eggynack's will, they are taken by force.

Timeline
    Spoiler: Timeline
    Show
    EL 5 - A small object breaks through the atmosphere and lands somewhere. At this point Eggynack has arrived on the planet, and begins his work. The plants come alive and begin to construct something as animals come together despite being various species guarding the construction and gathering supplies from the local area. These animals attack anybody who attempts to hinder the operation using tactics well beyond their normal intelligence.

EL 7 (faint sign) - Numerous of these locations begin to spring up around the world, utilizing more powerful non-sapient creatures such as magical beasts, abberations and even undead and oozes. Eggynack shows the natives the strange obelisks, towering into their skies, in hopes that they come to understand. Any of these which are not destroyed within a week they release millions of Eggynack spores, and allow Eggynack a greater area of dominion. These zones become extremely dangerous, with foliage and wildlife working in perfect harmony to protect these areas from intrusion.

EL 13 (moderate sign) - Creatures begin coming from within these Eggynack zones. Composite creatures featuring the most beneficial aspects of varieties of creatures from within the zones. These creatures can command nature by spreading Eggynack's spores and add or subtract from their features freely. The spreading of Eggynack's spores also spreads the domain of the zone which the creature came from.

EL 17 (strong sign) - Many of these Eggynack zones begin to reach the boundaries of each other, creating a super-zone. The creatures that come from these zones have the capability to control nature and change their shape entirely, utilizing the abilities of creatures from all over the land. A chrysalis forms at the epicenter of the super-zone. At this point, Eggynack even controls the weather to further his purposes.

EL 19 (overwhelming sign) - A single composite super creature hatches from the chrysalis: the avatar of Eggynack. If the spaient natives have still not become willing, the avatar of Eggynack forcefully assimilates them.

The Avatar of Eggynack
    Spoiler: The Avatar of Eggynack
    Show
    CR 19
    HP: 325 (28 HD), fast healing 20, DR 15/epic
    NE Medium Outsider (evil, native)
    Init: +11 Senses: Touchsight 1,000ft, See In Darkness, True Seeing, Listen/Spot +49
    Aura: Spore Cloud (30ft)
    Languages: None. The Avatar of Eggynack cannot speak, but it comprehends all languages.
    AC: 17 (Flat-footed: 10, Touch: 17)
    Immune: Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic
    SR: 32
    Fort: 29 Ref: 29 Will: 40
    Weakness: Vacuum weakness, Force vulnerability
    Speed: 200ft, Fly (perfect) 150ft, Swim 250ft
    Melee: See Omniform ability.
    Space/Reach: See Omniform ability.
    BAB: 28, Grp: +30
    Special Actions:
    Special Actions: Summon creature, Assimilate, Breath Weapon, Druid Casting
    Spell-like abilities: (CL = HD, save DCs based on Wisdom)
    At-will - Forestfold, Camouflage, Gust of Wind, Kelpstrand, Splinterbolt
    3/d - Control Winds
    1/d - Frostfell (CL 28, DC 34), Blasphemy (CL 28)
    Abilites: Str 15, Dex 24, Con 24, Int 24, Wis 46, Cha 19
    SQ Omniform, Many Mouths
    Feats: Entangling Exhalation, Lingering Breath, Clinging Breath, Enlarge Breath, Heighten Breath, Maximize Breath, Quicken breath, Quicken Spell, Extend Spell, Flyby Attack
    Skills: Hide, Move Silently, Listen, Spot, Concentration, Ride, Handle Animal, Survival, Escape Artist, Jump, Sleight of Hand, Tumble, Kn: Nature, Kn: Geography (max ranks + relevant ability modifier)

True Seeing (Su) As the true seeing spell; continuous caster level 28
    Spore Cloud (Su) Any creature that moves within the spore cloud must make a Will save DC 28 or be affected as though subject to the Mindrape spell, becoming part of Eggynack's hivemind. The Spore Cloud also stops all ranged attacks that target the Avatar of Eggynack, but doesn't stop area of effects in which the Avatar of Eggynack is contained.
    Omniform (Ex) The Avatar of Eggynack is under a continual Shapechange effect, as the spell, except that the Avatar of Eggynack can pick one feature or ability from a second form to add to his presently chosen form, and does not lose his own supernatural abilities while in his assumed form. This could be a mode of attack, a special quality or special ability, the base attack bonus, AC, Initiative bonus, etc. The Avatar of Eggynack can remake this selection each turn when it selects a new form.
    Summon Creature (Su) As a standard action, the Avatar of Eggynack can summon one non-unique creature of no more than 25 HD and is an inhabitant of the world (e.g. is not an Outsider unless of the native subtype) to aid it. The creature appears and acts immediately on the Avatar of Eggynack's turn, and is under complete control of the Avatar of Eggynack.
    Assimilate (Ex) As a full-round action the Avatar of Eggynack spreads its spores out in a large area. All creatures within a 100ft burst must make a Will save DC 28 or be affected as though subject to the Mindrape spell, becoming part of Eggynack's hivemind.
    Breath Weapon (Su) The Avatar of Eggynack has one breath weapon for each mouth it possesses. Once it uses a breath weapon, it can't use a breath weapon from that mouth again until 1d4 rounds later. The Avatar of Eggynack can choose to exhale its breath weapon as a 100ft line or a 60ft cone, and may choose at the time of exhalation whether to breathe fire, cold, electricity, acid, or sonic. It's breath weapon deals 14d10 damage, reflex save DC 32 for half damage.
    Many Mouths (Ex) The Avatar of Eggynack possesses one breath weapon for every four hit die it possesses (The Avatar of Eggynack has 7 different breath weapons).
    Druid Casting (Sp) As a full round action, the Avatar of Eggynack can cast any spell from the Druid spell list. The Avatar of Eggynack has 56 (twice as many as its HD) levels worth of spells to expend each day on this ability (a 9th level spell costs 9 levels worth of spells, so would reduce the Avatar of Eggynack's remaining pool to 47). The Avatar of Eggynack must have at least levels worth of spells equal to the level of the spell to be cast in order to cast the spell. These spells can be affected by metamagic feats as normal, though they cost the augmented spell level amount (e.g. a Quickened Heal would cost 11). The Avatar of Eggynack can't cast Druid spells that deal force damage.
    Force vulernability (Ex) The Avatar of Eggynack takes half again damage from sources that would deal force damage.
    Vacuum Weakness (Ex) If the Avatar of Eggynack is exposed to the void of space, it can't take actions until returned to a life-sustaining environment.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2015-05-20 at 01:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

So, the result of my work is pretty bizarre. But it does involve weasels, gruesome punishment, and an elder evil.

Spoiler: Martyr in Writhing Tatters (Weasel Guy)
    Show
    Yes. I killed him exactly as you say I did. Horrific, and slow, and torturous. But he deserved it, you know? He broke trust, broke his word, and so I broke him. He might have struggled, and pleaded, but I could see in his eyes that he knew it was right, that he was guilty and stained. And I could see more- I could see that he saw me with the same contempt, same hate, saw my own stains, his blood grinding and wetting my hands! And so I knew, I was guilty, just as he was. And you, you're guilty too. Everything I did lurks your eyes too, the same hunger in your mouths and bellies, coiling there like a monster. That's why am I here, right? So kill me. Do it slowly, horribly, just like the mob outside demands! And when you revel, rejoice at my blood, I will return as I am destined to, and I feed on your flesh just as you feed upon mine.
    -Confession of a madman before his execution

An icon born of madness, atrocity, and violence, the Martyr in Writhing Tatters stirs in the wake of horrible deeds perpetrated by sentient beings, writhing with vengeful agony and insatiable bloodlust. His cults are many, his worshipers often propitiating him accidentally without true awareness of the darkness that their actions give rise to. Others, mad butchers, self-loathing nihilists, and hateful inquisitors, work in the Martyr's name in the hopes of ending their suffering, spreading violence, or punishing the world for the sins they perceive in it. And as they rise, carnivorous and scavenging vermin breed and issue from the dark depths of the world to feed upon the dead and dying and spread diseases to afflict those who survive.

Background
    The story of the Martyr in Writhing Tatters is surprisingly well spread, a grim myth that has been repeated and told over and over again, changing each time it is told. It is not taken as truth except by children, and there are so many versions and alterations that even though the story is known the widely available tales are less than worthless, frequently so distant that they can scarcely be connected to the Martyr at all. Distorted legends of serial killers, swarming rats, murderous revenants rising from their graves, and cannibalistic cults are common, and yet they all only hint at the real story behind the monstrosity. Only a handful of ancient books repeat accounts of the real story, and these dusty tomes are considered of little consequence, records of small villages in older times that have no link to the events and cults of today.

A well traveled scholar or storyteller might pick similarities between the tales told, garnering a general idea of the original story. Countless of these myths speak of a single village, a condemned and sinful man, and a widening circle of bloodshed that eventually engulfed the village before it was burnt to the ground by neighboring settlements. Small carnivorous animals frequently show up in the story, sometimes carrying off the man before he can be killed, sometimes overrunning the execution grounds and devouring villagers so he can escape, or other times they serve as the torturous method of execution. (Knowledge [local] DC 25)

Though the exact nature of his crime has been lost to time, stories hold that the condemned man had committed heinous acts that transgressed the ways and sensibilities of his community, terrible blasphemies that could not be permitted, that had to be stamped out with such rigor as to remove any hint that might taint the village. Appalled and enraged, the village leveled the most gruesome sentence of execution they could devise at the man and did their best to carry it out. However, he died prematurely, and the accusations thrown between authorities and rising mobs grew heated and then descended into violence. (DC 30)

A more obscure but thorough account mentions that after the first day of torturous execution had been completed, the man was left half dead upon the implements to await the next day. Bloodied and battered, bound so that he could not move, he was set upon by predatory scavengers that swarmed him and devoured him whole. Robbed of the spectacle they desired, the accusations thrown by the villagers were as much excuse as legitimate, mere pretense to justify bloodshed they sought. After over a dozen individuals were sentenced and executed the entire village seemed to collapse under its own bloodlust, turning upon each other with equal parts revelry and contempt. (DC 35)

While neighboring villages did eventually stamp out the chaotic violence and burnt the cursed place to the ground, there were survivors- and some who participated in the cull felt a hint of the same madness stirring within them. Quietly they went about satisfying their cravings, inevitably drawing others into their vile acts and spreading the hunger that afflicted them. They gathered and spread like a disease, and in time their compulsions empowered an incarnation of their desires to rise, a presence sinister and sentient. Battered and blood, clothed in the creatures that bit and devoured his flesh, the Martyr in Writhing Tatters awoke as a being that could unify these aimless sufferers into a cult with a maddened purpose. (DC 40)

Still weak and formless but growing in power and thirst, the Martyr urges those infected with his madness to spread his disease and the violence that shaped him, gathering power from the atrocities they commit and their growing numbers. For now the Martyr is only a shadow, but he is growing, and if action is not taken he will rise to the strength he seeks and become fully manifest. (DC 45)

Goals

The most apparent goal of the Martyr in Writhing Tatters is to spread bloodlust, sadism, and masochism. While is name is largely unknown, his more visible cult subtly (and sometimes obviously) seeks to make executions into public spectacles, to spread torture and systematized violence. They also catalyze the formation of vengeful mobs, start illegal brawling rings. The more demented of his followers are serial killers that rampage until finally put down, sometimes infecting their executioners in the process. (Knowledge [Religion] DC 30)

Self-loathing and admission of guilt and hate feature prominently within the Martyr's cult, and his cultists are rarely long lived because of it. With the way his madness spreads and the odd mentality of his followers, the line between victim, criminal, and executioners becomes distorted and blurred, a fact which the cultists acknowledge and run with, painting all with the same brush of guilt and sin. (DC 35)

The Martyr seeks to cleanse the world of the guilt he perceives within it and of the very madness he spreads. When his followers perish he reincarnates them as verminous mammals to serve penance by devouring the dead, removing all signs and stains of the deeds they and their fellows have performed. And in the end, he seeks to see the world without sapient life at all, utterly purged of their influence. (DC 45)

Sign: Predatory Urges

Small carnivorous animals such as badgers, weasels, and wolverines become increasingly common. At first they are largely normal and harmless, but as time passes they grow more rabid and aggressive, growing in size. Worse yet, even people seem to become more hateful and violent, lashing out without reason and snapping far more easily.

Faint: There is a 10% chance each week of encountering an unusually large group of these animals, which are easily provoked into aggressive behavior. In addition, once per day all intelligent creatures must make a DC 5 will save or have its starting attitude reduced by one step until they deal damage to a living creature.

Moderate: As faint, but the encounter rate rises to once per day, and the animals are often advanced. The will save is DC 10, and if a creature's starting attitude is hostile it immediately attacks the nearest creature until it deals damage.

Strong: As moderate, but the encounter rate rises to once every four hours, and the animals are generally dire. The will save is DC 15, and if a creature's starting attitude becomes hostile it must attack the nearest creature until it kills them, or is killed, at which point their starting attitude reverts to normal.

Overwhelming: As strong, but the encounter rate rises to once per hour, and the animals are generally advanced fiendish dire versions. The will save is DC 20, and starting attitude drops by two steps on a failed save.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2015-05-19 at 09:49 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I didn't compete in the last one or two because I didn't understand well enough the concept to be able to help.

Now I will help. I will do this, and volunteer to have someone do me as well.

Elder Evils are fun.

If anyone decides to make me, keep in mind I'm a very big fan of egyptian mythology. Inserting references to Rekhyt-birds from Hieroglyphs is encouraged as well.

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I was told I should give my permission for this. Consider it so done.
    This I will do in the name of my family.
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-05-19 at 07:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

14. - Top - End - #44

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    So, the result of my work is pretty bizarre. But it does involve weasels, gruesome punishment, and an elder evil.

Spoiler: Martyr in Writhing Tatters (Weasel Guy)
    Show
    Yes. I killed him exactly as you say I did. Horrific, and slow, and torturous. But he deserved it, you know? He broke trust, broke his word, and so I broke him. He might have struggled, and pleaded, but I could see in his eyes that he knew it was right, that he was guilty and stained. And I could see more- I could see that he saw me with the same contempt, same hate, saw my own stains, his blood grinding and wetting my hands! And so I knew, I was guilty, just as he was. And you, you're guilty too. Everything I did lurks your eyes too, the same hunger in your mouths and bellies, coiling there like a monster. That's why am I here, right? So kill me. Do it slowly, horribly, just like the mob outside demands! And when you revel, rejoice at my blood, I will return as I am destined to, and I feed on your flesh just as you feed upon mine.
    -Confession of a madman before his execution

An icon born of madness, atrocity, and violence, the Martyr in Writhing Tatters stirs in the wake of horrible deeds perpetrated by sentient beings, writhing with vengeful agony and insatiable bloodlust. His cults are many, his worshipers often propitiating him accidentally without true awareness of the darkness that their actions give rise to. Others, mad butchers, self-loathing nihilists, and hateful inquisitors, work in the Martyr's name in the hopes of ending their suffering, spreading violence, or punishing the world for the sins they perceive in it. And as they rise, carnivorous and scavenging vermin breed and issue from the dark depths of the world to feed upon the dead and dying and spread diseases to afflict those who survive.

Background
    The story of the Martyr in Writhing Tatters is surprisingly well spread, a grim myth that has been repeated and told over and over again, changing each time it is told. It is not taken as truth except by children, and there are so many versions and alterations that even though the story is known the widely available tales are less than worthless, frequently so distant that they can scarcely be connected to the Martyr at all. Distorted legends of serial killers, swarming rats, murderous revenants rising from their graves, and cannibalistic cults are common, and yet they all only hint at the real story behind the monstrosity. Only a handful of ancient books repeat accounts of the real story, and these dusty tomes are considered of little consequence, records of small villages in older times that have no link to the events and cults of today.

A well traveled scholar or storyteller might pick similarities between the tales told, garnering a general idea of the original story. Countless of these myths speak of a single village, a condemned and sinful man, and a widening circle of bloodshed that eventually engulfed the village before it was burnt to the ground by neighboring settlements. Small carnivorous animals frequently show up in the story, sometimes carrying off the man before he can be killed, sometimes overrunning the execution grounds and devouring villagers so he can escape, or other times they serve as the torturous method of execution. (Knowledge [local] DC 25)

Though the exact nature of his crime has been lost to time, stories hold that the condemned man had committed heinous acts that transgressed the ways and sensibilities of his community, terrible blasphemies that could not be permitted, that had to be stamped out with such rigor as to remove any hint that might taint the village. Appalled and enraged, the village leveled the most gruesome sentence of execution they could devise at the man and did their best to carry it out. However, he died prematurely, and the accusations thrown between authorities and rising mobs grew heated and then descended into violence. (DC 30)

A more obscure but thorough account mentions that after the first day of torturous execution had been completed, the man was left half dead upon the implements to await the next day. Bloodied and battered, bound so that he could not move, he was set upon by predatory scavengers that swarmed him and devoured him whole. Robbed of the spectacle they desired, the accusations thrown by the villagers were as much excuse as legitimate, mere pretense to justify bloodshed they sought. After over a dozen individuals were sentenced and executed the entire village seemed to collapse under its own bloodlust, turning upon each other with equal parts revelry and contempt. (DC 35)

While neighboring villages did eventually stamp out the chaotic violence and burnt the cursed place to the ground, there were survivors- and some who participated in the cull felt a hint of the same madness stirring within them. Quietly they went about satisfying their cravings, inevitably drawing others into their vile acts and spreading the hunger that afflicted them. They gathered and spread like a disease, and in time their compulsions empowered an incarnation of their desires to rise, a presence sinister and sentient. Battered and blood, clothed in the creatures that bit and devoured his flesh, the Martyr in Writhing Tatters awoke as a being that could unify these aimless sufferers into a cult with a maddened purpose. (DC 40)

Still weak and formless but growing in power and thirst, the Martyr urges those infected with his madness to spread his disease and the violence that shaped him, gathering power from the atrocities they commit and their growing numbers. For now the Martyr is only a shadow, but he is growing, and if action is not taken he will rise to the strength he seeks and become fully manifest. (DC 45)

Goals

The most apparent goal of the Martyr in Writhing Tatters is to spread bloodlust, sadism, and masochism. While is name is largely unknown, his more visible cult subtly (and sometimes obviously) seeks to make executions into public spectacles, to spread torture and systematized violence. They also catalyze the formation of vengeful mobs, start illegal brawling rings. The more demented of his followers are serial killers that rampage until finally put down, sometimes infecting their executioners in the process. (Knowledge [Religion] DC 30)

Self-loathing and admission of guilt and hate feature prominently within the Martyr's cult, and his cultists are rarely long lived because of it. With the way his madness spreads and the odd mentality of his followers, the line between victim, criminal, and executioners becomes distorted and blurred, a fact which the cultists acknowledge and run with, painting all with the same brush of guilt and sin. (DC 35)

The Martyr seeks to cleanse the world of the guilt he perceives within it and of the very madness he spreads. When his followers perish he reincarnates them as verminous mammals to serve penance by devouring the dead, removing all signs and stains of the deeds they and their fellows have performed. And in the end, he seeks to see the world without sapient life at all, utterly purged of their influence. (DC 45)

Signs

Small carnivorous animals such as badgers, weasels, and wolverines become increasingly common. At first they are largely normal and harmless, but as time passes they grow more rabid and aggressive, growing in size. Worse yet, even people seem to become more hateful and violent, lashing out without reason and snapping far more easily.

Faint: There is a 10% chance each week of encountering an unusually large group of these animals, which are easily provoked into aggressive behavior. In addition, once per day all intelligent creatures must make a DC 5 will save or have its starting attitude reduced by one step until they deal damage to a living creature.

Moderate: As faint, but the encounter rate rises to once per day, and the animals are often advanced. The will save is DC 10, and if a creature's starting attitude is hostile it immediately attacks the nearest creature until it deals damage.

Strong: As moderate, but the encounter rate rises to once every four hours, and the animals are generally dire. The will save is DC 15, and if a creature's starting attitude becomes hostile it must attack the nearest creature until it kills them, or is killed, at which point their starting attitude reverts to normal.

Overwhelming: As strong, but the encounter rate rises to once per hour, and the animals are generally advanced fiendish dire versions. The will save is DC 20, and starting attitude drops by two steps on a failed save.
    Whoa... like. Wow. Color me impressed...
    My Extended Sig!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    Whoa... like. Wow. Color me impressed...
    Glad you like it! Not entirely sure how much it really has to do with you, but there are weasels. Also a guy who committed a horrible blasphemy, you monk using monster.

Full disclosure, I've totally made a tiefling monk in the past as well.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I feel like you're going to be the messed up child of a certain pair of planetouched. You have both mommy and daddy issues.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Normal human is boring, but pretty powerful.

Maybe we should take a look at Bastards and Bloodlines, if we allow third party content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Colossus in the Playground

I'll grant permission for this. This should be interesting.
    Last edited by Segev; 2015-05-19 at 07:31 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Also, Red Fel, I'll do yours right now

Red Fel. Done.
    Har har.

It's true, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Red Fel
    Sweet merciful Mystra's magical muffins! That was brilliant!

I... I have no words. Words. I don't have them. I have none. That's just... Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Fel
    Unholy crap, a two-fer!

I like it. Particularly the CRs. Just nasty.

When my inevitable victory is at hand, you will both be on the protected scrolls. Your deaths will be swift.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, my little planetouched friends. Don't worry. Your world is next.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    See, what did I tell ya, just wants to be loved.

Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #51

You snuck this in while the Paladin was sleeping!

The LoyalPaladin grants you permission.

Edit:
    Good job, Snow. You put my permission up early. You get one Paladin Point.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-19 at 09:11 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Permission
    I am totally stealing Zaydos' format for this.

Q'l a'Drath

Perhaps the race most favored by the gods, Dragons are creatures of inestimable power and glory. Blessed with the closest thing to immortality that the lesser races can imagine, graced with size, might, and cunning in abundance, and possessed of a host of overwhelming and innate powers, Dragons are among the most terrifying and awesome creatures in the planes. Among the gods themselves, two of the greatest and most influential champions, Bahamut and Tiamat, are themselves Dragons, and claim the allegiance of countless such creatures.

It should be no surprise that a Dragon could be the source of such incomprehensible horror.

Io, the Ninefold Dragon and Creator of Dragonkind, is attributed with the creation the many Dragons, and is credited as the progenitor of the Draconic gods, including Bahamut and Tiamat. His pantheon was forged from the different aspects of Draconic existence - the judge, the lorekeeper, the reaper, and so forth. And powerful a god though he may have been, in his singleminded object of ensuring the continued existence of dragonkind, Io made a mistake. That mistake was Q'l a'Drath.

Q'l a'Drath was originally named Keladrys, and was created in some ways as a counterpoint to Chronepsis. Whereas the Watcher was intended to judge Dragons that had passed, Keladrys was tasked with their creation - with ensuring the propagation and prosperity of the Draconic race. Keladrys is responsible for the astonishing ability of Dragons to breed with almost any creature; the Half-Dragons, Spellscales, and Dragonblooded races are considered a credit to Keladrys' passion for his work. It is even said that it was Keladrys who inspired Bahamut to create his Dragonborn.

But there is a fine line between passion and obsession, and at some point Keladrys crossed that line. Some say that he was driven to his madness by the constant efforts of the lesser races to undo his work by slaying Dragons. Others say that his mind became contaminated by the presence of other races in the very half-breed bloodlines he had helped to create. Still others say he was always mad, secretly trying to make Dragons not only the dominant race in the planes, but the sole race in the planes.

Whatever the cause, the effect was visible. Draconic fertility and virility skyrocketed suddenly, and the population of the creatures exploded. Resources became scarce, and Dragons were pitted against each other for survival. The lesser races banded together to slay every scaled creature they could find. Even the dispassionate Io knew fury, and he poured out his anger over Keladrys, stripping the once-god of his station, form, and name, casting him far into the Outer Planes.

The madness of the once-god drew the attention of the Far Realm, or perhaps it was the other way around. Something within him broke, if it was ever intact to begin with. Now calling himself Q'l a'Drath, the once-god set about completing his mission with renewed zeal. He would ensure that Dragons would be the sole inhabitants of the planes. If Io didn't understand, then clearly he and his were not True Dragons. He would perfect the design, create the perfect race of Dragons, and then all of the planes would see. And they would learn.

Goals:

Ql' a'Drath seeks to create his perfect race of Dragons, and then proliferate them across the planes, killing off any non-Dragons he encounters.

Sign:
    The Balance of the Scales
    Dragons, and those with Draconic ancestry, begin to experience new strength, resolve... and madness.

Effects:
    Faint: Something in the air stirs Dragons to activity. Creatures with the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype enjoy a morale bonus of +1 to all rolls. This stacks with other morale bonuses. Creatures with the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype must make a Will save (DC 2) every day or go into heat; the morale bonus does not apply to this save. Creatures without the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype must make a Will save (DC 2) every day or take a morale penalty of -1 to all rolls.
    Moderate: Draconic activity gives way to Draconic power. The morale bonus for creatures with the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype increases to +2. The DC to avoid going into heat increases to 5. The morale penalty for non-Draconic creatures increases to -2, and the DC to avoid it increases to 5.
    Strong: Draconic power gives way to Draconic madness. The morale bonus for creatures with the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype increases to +3. The DC to avoid going into heat increases to 8. Additionally, when meeting a non-Draconic creature, any creature with the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype must make a Will save (DC 8) or attack it with lethal force. If he succeeds on the save, he is immune to this effect with respect to that specific creature for 24 hours. The morale bonus does not apply to this save. The morale penalty for non-Draconic creatures increases to -3, and the DC to avoid it increases to 8. Additionally, non-Draconic creatures must make a Fortitude save (DC 8) or take one negative level. This level cannot be removed magically, but is removed if the creature makes its save the next day. These negative levels stack. Creatures who die from these negative levels do not rise as Undead.
    Overwhelming: Draconic madness gives way to abomination. All creatures with the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype become Aberrations. They are still treated as though they had their original type and subtype. The morale bonus for creatures with the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype increases to +5, and the DC to avoid heat or aggression increases to 12. The morale penalty to non-Draconic creatures becomes -5, the DC to avoid it and the negative level becomes 12. Non-Draconic creatures may no longer be raised from the dead.

Malefic Property:
    In addition to the normal malefic property common to all Elder Evils, Q'l a'Drath has Frenzy of Scales.

Frenzy of Scales: Any creature with the Dragon type or Dragonblood subtype within the range of this Malefic Property is driven into a state of frenzy. Such a creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Q'l a'Drath's HD + Q'l a'Drath's Charisma modifier) or immediately attack the nearest non-Draconic creature; they cannot stop until their target is dead. If no non-Draconic creatures are available, it must make the same Will save, or else be overcome with lust for the nearest Draconic creature with whom it can breed. If it is alone, this has no effect. Any non-Draconic creature within the range of this Malefic Property must make the same Will save, or else be affected as by a Dragon's Frightful Presence. Treat the non-Draconic creature as though it had fewer than 4 HD for the purpose of determining the effect of Frightful Presence.

In any case, if a creature within range of this Malefic Property makes his save, he must attempt it for every round while he remains within range of this Malefic Property. If he fails his save, he need not attempt another save until his prey is dead, or he has satisfied his lust, or the Frightful Presence has passed.

Traits/Tactics/Etc
    Q'l a'Drath still believes himself a god, and will not intercede directly unless confronted directly. He will not act through agents, either; his influence is far too subtle. He has a Dragon's patience, and will first manifest himself on the Prime Material Plane, in a network of caverns deep beneath the Underdark, when his Strong sign becomes active. Like all Dragons, he is possessed of a hoarding and nesting instinct; when his Overwhelming sign becomes active, he will emerge to the surface as a Colossal++ dragon, scales sparkling with a twisted light like some kind of inverted rainbow. He will select the largest continent as his lair, and gather his frenzied children to him like most Dragons gather treasure. Once he has secured his stronghold, he will send out his children to slay any non-Draconic creatures still alive. Having completed his dominance of the Prime Material Plane, he will then turn his attentions Outward.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-05-19 at 09:52 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

23. - Top - End - #53

Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-05-19 at 09:13 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm Game. It's gonna take me a while to figure out how to properly write an elder evil, but I'll get on it as soon as my unwanted social life disappears again.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Banned

Aaaand Jormengand gives permission.

Loya, the Paladin

Loya is not really an Elder Evil so much as an elder good (Knoweldge: The planes DC 15). Loya is, however, still among those classed as Elder Evils and shares much of their power (DC 18). Loya infiltrated the Elder Evils either to smite them or to convert them to good - knowing their ineffable evil, the former is more likely, but Loya is open to either. Loya promises to destroy evil wherever it is found. (DC 25).

Goals:

Loya seeks to infiltrate the Elder Evils and destroy them, and to bring good, justice and anime gifs to the world. Loya doesn't much care how exactly this is accomplished.

Sign:
    Light of Death
    The earth shakes and the heavens speak His name, as the world is bathed in the light that destroys the wicked.

Faint: The world is bathed in a shadowy illumination that supersedes any lesser illumination and does nothing to superiour illumination. The light makes evil creatures ill at ease, providing a -2 penalty on all rolls, doubled for [Evil] creatures.
    Moderate: The world is bathed in full illumination at all times. The light has the same affect on evil creatures as before, and deals 1d6 points of damage each round to any [Evil] creatures that touch it.
    Strong: The light makes it difficult to see - creatures must take a reflex save (DC 8) each round or be blinded in that round. Further, it attempts to banish any [Evil] outsiders to their home plane (Will DC 8 negates) as well as dealing 1d8 points of damage to each one.
    Overwhelming: As strong but both DCs are increased to 12 and the damage dealt is 2d6.

Malefic Property:

Beneficence: Unlike other Elder Evils, Loya has no malefic properties.

Traits and Tactics:

Loya is not stupid enough to engage other Elder Evils in single combat, but strategically works against them.

26. - Top - End - #56

Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-20 at 09:11 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    The LoyalPaladin grants you permission.
    The Paladin Most Loyal

The circumstances leading a Tome Archon to fall from grace are almost unthinkable. They are the highest of the high, the most glorious of the glorious, the holiest of holies in every respect. They are embodiments of Law and Goodness, and the closest thing to gods among their kind.

One, who had long since surrendered his name to his cause, was called The Paladin Most Loyal. For this embodied the entirety of his being; loyalty, honor, service, and judgment. And for eons, this was all he needed. He was friend and brother-in-arms to Raziel, and led many successful campaigns against the Lower Planes.

And yet, his mind was not at ease. For although he rejoiced in the deeds of goodness and righteousness he saw on the Prime Material Plane, he grew sorrowful with the proliferation of Evil and selfishness. It hurt and saddened him deeply. For countless millennia, that sadness festered in him.

And gave birth to anger.

His kin could not understand his rage. How could they? Righteous fury was reserved for the wicked, and yet here was their brother, one whose role had taken on the sum total of his life, an admirable creature if ever there was, consumed with rage. And not rage towards the wicked, as one would expect. The Paladin Most Loyal was angry at the righteous.

It had long been the practice of the Archons to lead mortals by example, not by force. By acting as paragons of righteousness, they taught mortals to live similarly righteous lives. The Paladin Most Loyal saw this, and understood it. Yet, when he looked below, he saw a place where the righteous were ignored; where they lived good lives, but not lives that inspired others. And he blamed the righteous for this failing.

The darkness soon consumed his heart, and in their wisdom, his fellow Tome Archons cast him out of Celestia. In their mercy, however, they did not destroy him. Rather, they hoped they could distract him. They dispatched him to the Lower Planes, hoping that he could satisfy his anger by drowning it in the blood of Demons and Devils.

Instead, he carved out a fortress somewhere deep within the Abyss, destroying all vestiges of Evil in the place, and began to brood. He soon hatched a terrible plan, which would allow him to ensure the righteousness of all mortals. Whether they wished it or not.

Goals:

The Paladin Most Loyal seeks to impose a code of righteousness by force. He fails to grasp (for how can he?) what total selflessness will do to the mortal races.

Sign:
    Selflessness, Pure and Total
    Give until it hurts.

Effects:
    Faint: Selfless hearts awaken, and selfish hearts know fear. Lawful Neutral and Neutral Good creatures enjoy a morale bonus of +1 to all rolls; Lawful Good creatures enjoy a +2 bonus. This stacks with other morale bonuses. Chaotic, Evil, or True Neutral creatures must make a Will save (DC 2) every day or take a morale penalty of -1 to all rolls.
    Moderate: Selflessness mandates generosity. The morale bonus for Lawful and Good creatures increases to +2, +3 for Lawful Good. Lawful or Good creatures, when meeting someone who possesses less than they do, must make a DC 5 Will save or else give 1/4 of their wealth to that creature. Once this save has been failed, it need not be made for 24 hours. The morale bonus does not apply to this save. The morale penalty for Chaotic, Evil, and True Neutral creatures increases to -2, and the DC to avoid it increases to 5.
    Strong: To give is to be blessed, to take is to be cursed. The morale bonus for Good creatures increases to +3, +4 for the Lawful Good. The DC to avoid generosity increases to 8; failure means the creature must give up 1/2 of his wealth. Additionally, when meeting an Evil creature, any Lawful or Good creature must make a Will save (DC 8) or attack it with lethal force. If he succeeds on the save, he is immune to this effect with respect to that specific creature for 24 hours. The morale bonus does not apply to this save. The morale penalty for Chaotic, Evil, or True Neutral creatures increases to -3, and the DC to avoid it increases to 8. Additionally, every day, the creature in the world possessed of the most wealth must make a DC 20 Fortitude save or die instantly.
    Overwhelming: The hypocrisy of the righteous is revealed. All creatures, regardless of alignment, are treated as Evil, although they also retain their original alignment. Thus, all creatures are subject to the penalties from this Sign. The bonuses from this Sign no longer apply to any creature. Lawful and Good creatures must now make a DC 12 Will save every time they encounter a creature with less wealth than they have; on failure, they attempt to give away all of their wealth. The recipient must then make a DC 12 Will save; on failure, it attacks its benefactor with lethal force, attempting to return the wealth. This continues until one makes his save, or one dies. The morale penalty to Chaotic, Evil, and True Neutral creatures becomes -5, the DC to avoid it and the negative level becomes 12. The DC for the wealthiest creature in the world becomes DC 30.

Malefic Property:
    In addition to the normal malefic property common to all Elder Evils, The Paladin Most Loyal has Absolute Judgment.

Absolute Judgment: Any Chaotic, Evil, or True Neutral creature within the range of this Malefic Property is crushed by twisted holy power. Such a creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 The Paladin Most Loyal's HD + The Paladin Most Loyal's Charisma modifier) or acquire one negative level. They must make this save once every hour they remain within the range of this Malefic Property. These negative levels stack, and cannot be removed while within range of this Malefic Property. Note also that, upon the manifestation of the Overwhelming Sign, all creatures are considered Evil, and are thus subject to this Malefic Property.

Traits/Tactics/Etc
    The Paladin Most Loyal is still convinced of his righteousness. Upon the manifestation of his Faint sign, he will appear in the dreams of leaders of Good and Lawful religions, warning them to gather up their followers, dispose of their worldly goods, and prepare for the end times. Upon the manifestation of his Moderate Sign, he will appear in the dreams of all the faithful of these religions. Upon the manifestation of his Strong sign, he will choose a cathedral - one that is spartan, but functional - and physically manifest there.

As his signs manifest, he grows despondent over the fact that the mortal races just can't seem to be as righteous as the Archons. This sadness turns to rage, and when his Overwhelming sign manifests, his booming voice will be heard across all of the Prime Material, decreeing that the mortal races are incurably wicked, and must be purged. All creatures will instinctively know the source of this voice. He will then begin his crusade, emerging from his cathedral to challenge all comers. Once no more creatures come to him, he will seek out all remaining life, and snuff it out.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-05-19 at 09:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Red, you might want to check your save DCs for LP. They all say "Q'l a'Drath."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Red, you might want to check your save DCs for LP. They all say "Q'l a'Drath."
    Fixed it just before you posted.