New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 4: Where Every Week Is Shark Week

Beach Party - Sand Castles

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "I guess, but I'm see myself neutral." Mia says.
    "People here have many deities to decide and I don't want to make promosses I can't fullfill."
    "Really responsible of you. Truly."
    Honesyuckle starts shaping the sandcastle-keep with her hands, flat walls with little depressions for windows.
    "Tell me, what can you promise?" she asks, grinning.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-08-06 at 11:44 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Beach Party - Tanning with Tina]

Dena raises an eyebrow. "Hold on, I thought this was singing only? I mean, I could dance but I feel I'd need an idea what you're going to be playing, Tina-kun. You need to give me a feeling of it first."

[Beach Party - Swimming]

This actually appear to be the back of the boat so there is no visible figurehead. There is a faded black mark of what might be an eel or perhaps a snake. But, there is also what appear to be a few portholes in the ship that she could potentially squeeze herself through or at least use to break through the weakened wood.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sam and Aly and Fel]

Sam laughs awkwardly.
    "Hahahaha, that's not creepy."

"I'm sure we'll have no problems with water." Sam already lost his shirt so it's not like he could possibly look any worse than he already does. And he won't even smell like wet animal as he naturally smells of ozone.
    And he doubt being wet would make Aly look bad...
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Sam, Aly, and Fel]

There's a flash of jealousy in Aly'ithra's eyes. "If anyone is going to do any biting around here, it's me."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

[Beach Party - By the Stage]

"Oh, don't worry," Vivi says, wiggling her hips and smiling daintily as they wait in the queue. "I already have something in mind. What?" She peers at Lucy. "Do I worry you?"
    [Beach Party - By the Stage]

"Weeeell, maybe a little? I suppose I'd be happier if I know what song you've got in mind?" She flashes Vivi another wicked, toothy grin, leaning in close, veery close to her neck. "Am I allowed to know before hand, or do I have to coax it out of you?" She asks in a soft, sultry voice, giving her a squeeze...and then promptly bursting into a fit of giggles. She can't pretend to be sinister like that for more than a few seconds.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #96

[A tale of two goblins]

In thunderworks bunny-bot testing chamber things were usually exploding so master-Engineer Bumus had almost missed the phone call due to his ear protections, when he suddenly noticed his cellphone vibrating he threw his comic book at at his assistant to catch and dived for it.

"Bumusspeaking!" He announced as he slide along the recently cleaned floor as he also removed the muffs.

"Hey! Bumus! Long time no see!" The other end responded.

Wait, Anton? "Anton! Pal! How long has it been?"

The other goblin laughed. "Too long, too long, I miss you pal. KABAL ain't the same without you."

"Eh, you ratbags can keep to yourself. I'm literary working in a place that is constantly exploding and I still have a higher life expectancy, and get paid more."

"Still not more than me, pal. No matter how fancy titles they give you." Kelligan chuckled. "But I didn't actually call to brag, I got something in mind."

"Yeah? Better not be begging me to join again... or share more of my gadgets. I'm under contract, buddy! And KABAL got a worse reputation than K-bomb at this point."

"Uhhgh... that stupid band still around? Ech, whatever, it's not what I'm gonna ask anyway. No, I want to buy the the petroldactylus from you."

Bumus blinks once and twice, in the distance another bunny-bot decided it had enough of this cruel existence and spontaneously exploded. "The- our school project?! Paaaalll, why would you want that? I couldn't even sell the thing for scraps since they're afraid it'll explode. I dumped that stupid thing years ago."

"So I'll take it off your hands, just tell me where you dumped it and I'll send some people over to collect it."

Not even an ounce of hesitation in his voice. What a madman. "But- I- if its even in remotely working condition, you get a fine for just owning that monster, and if you start it up, they'll send in the army. Pretty sure just starting it up is going to violate a dozen environmental laws."

"Bah, screw the rules. I'm gonna take it where people will truly appreciate it for the artwork it is, Skyside. No rules, pal. I can fly it straight into someone's bedroom and not they won't even call the cops, since there are none."

"Instead they'll just blow it up." Bumus observed as he got up and sat down in his observation chair again. Looked like his assistant was busy desperately trying to put out the bunny-bot fire. He gave the gnoll a thumbs up and continued. "But fine, I dumped it on Toritomo, that trash island near Sama? It was the only place big enough to hold it."

"Ha! Excellent!"

"One condition though, I want videos of it taking off, or exploding, whichever comes first. Actually, do both."

"You got it, pal! In fact, I'll do you one better, you are formally invited to attend its arrival in Skyside! It's gonna be the biggest, most spectacular event the city ever seen!"

Bumus glanced at his assistance who know was running around screaming as her fur had caught fire. "Uh, got a situation here. I'll get back to you about that, 'kay?"

"Yeah, sure. You're not gonna regret this, pal!"

He was so going to regret this, wasn't he?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-08-07 at 11:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Raider's Cove - Ithuriel

The revelry goes on through the night. There's music of all sorts, drinking and feasting, and even a few Sea Elves go to hit on the angel in an attempt to take her back to their place or get taken to hers. No matter how that goes, Ithuriel will be entirely unharmed in the morning and provided all the time she needs to speak with the people kidnapped from Inside. In the end, half of them decide to head back while the other half decide to stay. However she decides to depart, each of those leaving is gifted a small bundle of food, clothing, and even a bit of money in the form of small silver tablets. Just enough to get them started, and obviously at Brokenfang's expense. It would seem she wants that Letter of Marque quite a bit.

Shadevale

"Alright, then if you two think that it seems acceptable to target the cultists and won't bother your sense of morality, we can move on."
    Theo declares, leading the trio of visitors on towards the center of the town where a large gargoyle filled fountain stands. When he gets there, Theo pulls out a gold coin to toss in for a bit of luck. "They expect us to hit in the dark I suspect, so we'll wait until just after dawn to hit them when they are weary. Us three and a handful of others should at least be able to break them off. Capture the leadership if you can. Other than that, no requests." He explains before turning around to look at them. "So, if there aren't any preparations you need to do, just meet here a little before dawn and we'll sally forth. For your part, Ambrosia? I can have someone take you to the Wraith-Queen then as well if you don't want to take part in the fighting."

8. - Top - End - #98

[Beach Party - Tanning wit' Tina]

Tina fidgets a bit, pondering. She's clearly concerned with impressing Rein, now. Not solely due to their flirting, but also because she was pretty out of practice in regards to music. She had to get this right so she didn't embarrass herself. "I know, Reinholdt. Dena can seem so out of touch sometimes. Like she's really right out of Greek myth," Tina has a chortle at the gorgon's expense.

Tina hops up, eyeing the snake-headed gal. "Okay, come here and have a listen, my senpai," the neon girl urges, reaching behind her ear to her neural port and drawing a wire out. The tip of the little strand seems to be some sort of highly mutable material, and it quickly contorts itself into the shape of an earbud. Tina will tuck it in Dena's ear if she can, notably fearless regarding those sinuous serpents. Music begins... "I was thinking of playing piano to the tune of this. Or just turning on the song and we can sing and dance to it together. That sounds like more fun. I got a few other songs in mind if you can't swing those hips to this one, though."

[Beach Party - The Stage!]

"Oh, my!" Vivi says, only half in jest as they slowly make their way to the stage. It seems like they're almost there all of a sudden. She leans up right into the tall lady's face, nearer and nearer to her lips. "Well, if you insist... I still won't tell you. Come on, live a little, won't you? Karaoke isn't supposed to be serious! No one expects us to be good!" She breaks down giggling.

Viviana is going to tug Lucy up on stage if she has to, and promptly zap the teleprompter to get it displaying what she likes. Zap, that is, with a gout of greenish magic that leaps from her outstretched finger. How curious. The lyrics start up. "Just follow my lead," she says.

And then the fey lady in the green bikini launches into a... sultry rendition of a timeless, peerless classic. She swings her hips to and fro in a slow pendulum meter, every motion exaggerated, using her highest and squeakiest voice to start the song off. She mostly hangs back, trying to guide Lucy through the silly words, then deepens her voice to a basso parody to do the part of the telephone man. She licks her lips, flashes her great wet eyes at the audience such as it may be, bumps Lucy's hips with her own. She'll walk her fingers up the girls arm and tease her with closeness, eventually swinging an arm around Lucy's waist to pull her close for the song's lewd ending.

- - - Updated - - -

[Beach Party - Mount Kitsuki]

Adir beams back at the very pregnant kitsune and her adorable daughter before turning on his wife. "Hrrm... let me think..." He somehow makes a second Choco Taco appear from behind his back. When did he even have a hand back there? "That's right, here it was." He leans in and gives Artie a quick peck on the lips.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Docks]

The woman rolls her eyes at this, gesturing towards several sailors currently on board. "Bah, leave yer fear behind. She's been through aplenty, she can make it through this as well, mark me words. No storm alive can bring 'er down, I reckon."

"Wot, are ye afraid to get a bit wet?"

--

She snickers at this point, sneering as she begins to board.

"Well? Come on then, fortune's an impatient mistress."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Only a concern for you. Anastasia decides, heading up the ramp. Novus apparently can't drown and she certainly isn't concerned for herself.

She'll settle herself down in the corner of the boat, ready to set off. She might help if any of the sailors can work up the courage to ask her! Maybe!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Docks]

Novus looks over the ship with some trepidation. It was, in his opinion, junk. Still, he wasn't get paid by standing safe on the shore. With a heavy sigh, he mounts the gangplank and climbs aboard.

"So, what's driven these poor souls to want to go into the center of a hurricane? I know why I'm that desperate, but what's got them going?" He asks, gesturing to the crew.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

"Really responsible of you. Truly."
    Honesyuckle starts shaping the sandcastle-keep with her hands, flat walls with little depressions for windows.
    "Tell me, what can you promise?" she asks, grinning.

"Well. " Mia starts "If you work hard you will get a reward. DM will assist you while inventing machines as long as their propose wouldn't harm his belivers or himself. If you join the priests you may have access to his divine powers, which will include healing, but also more aggressiv tools."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Sam and Aly and Fel]

Sam laughs awkwardly.
    "Hahahaha, that's not creepy."

"I'm sure we'll have no problems with water." Sam already lost his shirt so it's not like he could possibly look any worse than he already does. And he won't even smell like wet animal as he naturally smells of ozone.
    And he doubt being wet would make Aly look bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

There's a flash of jealousy in Aly'ithra's eyes. "If anyone is going to do any biting around here, it's me."
    Fel seems slightly abashed and she quickly finishes her drink.

She slumps down and puts her arms on the bar.

Oh crap, I’m sorry.

I shoulda realized you two were a thing.

Let me make it up to you by getting you drinks, what are you having?

She appears to be genuinely chastened.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

14. - Top - End - #104

[Raider's Cove]

For one night, Ithuriel sets her duties as an angel and an officer aside and lets herself just have some fun. The sea elves' advances are, at least at first, deflected, as she's more than a little concerned that she might harm them. But persistence may well have paid off in the end, and she might be leaving a couple of elves behind to nurse their wounds for a few days. Before she departs with those willing to return, she passes on a small horn, carved from a piece of one of the fir trees in her demiplane overnight. A tool for Brokenfang to summon her when the time is right for their raid. Then she's off on her way with decidedly mixed feelings about Brokenfang and her raiders. But it all seems to have worked out well, right?

[Beach Party - The Stage]

Lucy tries. She really does. She sings along as best she can, but she's clearly a little out of her depth trying to keep up, struggling enough that she barely notices Vivi's antics. Although it's hard not to notice at the end when Vivi gets so up close and personal. She even has enough sense to give a half-swoon (which may or may not be genuine) into Vivi's arms, sighing dramatically.

...and then she grins and snags the microphone from Vivi, putting it back on its stand. "Buuut I really feel like I let you down there, so I gotta make up for that. But don't worry, it's not just a solo piece, you can help gimme a little atmosphere." Unfortunately that weird karaoke device thing is definitely beyond her, and it certainly doesn't have her song, and she sure as hell can't do some green zappy stuff to it! So, instead she reaches into her satchel and pulls out a rather hefty wind-up music box and a small harp. She winds the music box up and gently strums on her harp for a moment, making sure it's in tune before she gets started.

The music starts to play. In contrast with the performances that have come before, this song is nowhere near as boisterous or fast-paced. It lacks the male vocals in the background for obvious reasons, but hopefully Vivi can do a good job providing some backing. Lucy starts to pluck at the harp strings as her voice rings out over the beach, her eyes shut, her body motionless as she focuses on her performance. There's clearly something magical to the music box (surprise surprise) as it provides the rest of the instrumental accompaniment. As she sings, Lucy starts to let her body sway slowly, softly, like a cold winter's breeze.

When the music fades, she quietly packs her things away...then abruptly grabs Vivi and pulls her in for a quick kiss, drops the mic on the floor and dashes off stage, hopefully leaving a speechless Vivi behind to recover herself.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Right out of Greek myth? "The Sphynx is the greatest 'mythological' figure ever. No offense Dena." Reinholdt is horribly biased though. There are plenty of other great figures to choose from.

What feels more fictional than those is how they're addressing each other though. Are those some sort of... pet names? How close were they? What the hell did senpai even mean? Why is part of Tina sticking herself into Dena and presumably playing music? Rein had so many questions right now he didn't even know where to begin. They seemed a little occupied though, so he'll hold them to himself for right now, while they work out what music they want to do for karaoke. But he watches closely, as Tina is just full of surprises.

[Beach Party - Under the Sea]

Ilpholin swims over to one of the portholes and peers inside to make sure nothing inside is immediately waiting to eat her. She motions at Anika to indicate that she's heading in from here. Barring some unusual response from the shark or an immediate threat, she'll attempt to slip in, relying on her flexibility to get inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Docks]

Chorava grimaces as she glances towards the crewmates aboard the ship, an unfortunate gathering of sickly sailors long past their prime. For their part, the sailors stay well enough away from the others, including the captain. "Only work they can get, an' they ought be thankful fer it."

"Murderers, thieves, an' lepers."

--

She scoffs here as she strides up towards the top of the deck.

"I'm th' only one what would take 'em."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-08-09 at 12:53 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Docks

Sailors as well, yes? Then we will cope.
    Anastasia says from her corner. She is clearly ready to set off.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

"I know karaoke." Dena replies in a deadpan tone, but she wasn't going to argue as she didn't know anything about this mythology they were talking about or why she'd take offense. She certainly wasn't a part of some mythology and she didn't exactly identify as gorgon.

As Tina mentions 'senpai' she can't help but to shake her head in amusement however. "Alright, let's hear this."
    Tina's ports had always seemed weird to her, but she was going to just ignore them this time, yet is still careful about not putting that plug all the way in her ear. These were clearly made for humans rather than her people so she didn't want them all the way in there for various reasons. "Sing and dance, huh? I'm not a great singer and I'm not sure I'm drunk enough for actual karaoke." She laughs. "What do you think, rein?"

19. - Top - End - #109

"Well. " Mia starts "If you work hard you will get a reward. DM will assist you while inventing machines as long as their propose wouldn't harm his belivers or himself. If you join the priests you may have access to his divine powers, which will include healing, but also more aggressiv tools."
    That doesn't sound so bad. Reward for your work is actually something you can't get everywhere. Clearly helping people make machines benefits both DM and the inventor, but it does benefit the inventor. Some people would have jumped on the suggestion that Deus Mechanicus could be hurt with machines. But not her.
    "Seems nice. Unless the reward is all after you die. Often the catch, isn't it?"
    Honeysuckle pauses for a moment to hold up her hands.
    "I don't know if inventing is for me. Never been much for making things. 'cept trouble. And bread I guess."
    Her smile changes slightly, now that she's amused at her own expense.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #110

"Oh no don't worry." Mia says with a smile. "In my duty as a high priestress I have shared the rewards with my people."
    Mia continues with the walls. They are quiet good by now and very edgy like it was made by cutting it out of a dsand block.
    "Maybe you help someone create a machine to help making bread? You never know. Most inventions didn't come from high gineus. they came from people who needed them."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, sure."Aly agrees. "It's a strawberry daiquiri." She says, shaking her nearly empty drink.

[Docks]

"Lepers...fun..." Novus finds a spot for himself near the mast, trying to stay out of the way of the crew.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #112

[The Stage!]

Viviana is still cool and confident when the half-swooning happens, catching Lucy ably as she looks on. Her hooded gaze and warm smile turn to surprise as Lucy steals the mic away, apparently regaining her confidence for this solo performance. "Hey! I am not an atmosphere kind of woman," Viviana says in a voice full of mock drama. She's still mostly unsurprised when the harp and music box appears, but her anticipation is visibly growing...

She has no idea how to back the performance as it begins. She can't have anticipated the sound, and her backing vocals might not even be up to snuff...

So she doesn't try to match it with sound. She flushes and steps back behind Lucy, moving her arms in a slow circular motion. The vivacious little fey woman rotates her arms one way, then the other, like the hands of a clock, her hips slowly beginning to sway. With each bump a greenish phantasm appears, a magical construct like a wolf made from glowing strips of folded grass and painted reeds. Other smoky beings soon join the prowling pack, dancing antlered folk drumming in time to the music of the box, nymphs singing softly to match Lucy's lovely voice in lower backing tones.

This circling parade of phantoms steadily grows in size and complexity, floating above the stage and out over it, their elaborate formation swelling with the length of the song...

They come to a slow stop along with the music. Viviana seems like she's about to direct her magical glamours to take a bow when Lucy wallops her with a surprise smooch - and every last phantom disappears in a puff of green smoke and purple sparks. "Mmph!"

The combined effect of the magical show, Lucy's impressive musical talent and the kiss leads to a very dizzy Vivi. She blushes openly, gives one short drunken twirl, and flops on her back atop the stage. Womp. Uh... medic?

[Beach Party - Tannin' wit Tina]

Tina, oblivious to Rein's obvious curiosity and withheld questions, grins at the shake of Dena's head. She bobs her head in time with the music a bit, then takes her earbud out of Dena's ear. "You know karaoke, but you're worried about whether you're good or not?" She gives Dena a flat look. "Can you detect my skepticism? Besides, everyone's gonna be paying too much attention to your bod to care."

Tina looks at Rein as well then, when he's addressed. "Yeah, what do you think, Rein? Do we need to get Dena a bit more drunk first?" She quick offers up her mojito to the gorgon-drowess. "Here you go, hon'."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think you came over here and suggested doing the music thing, so now you're stuck doing the music thing too." Reinholdt replies to Dena with a grin.

"Though Tina's on my level. She gets it. Besides, I'd recognize a cry for alcohol anywhere and Dena is clearly in need. More drunk it is! I'll go get us all another round. Any requests?" Reinholdt finishes off his own glass before standing with a stretch. "Is there a lucky drink you have before dancing? Do dancers have superstitions like that?" Rein doesn't know much about dancing culture beyond stilted nobility politics. And those dances are lame to him, though occasionally they are slow enough to allow for the proper amount of witty banter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #114

Default Beach Party - Sand Castles

"Oh no don't worry." Mia says with a smile. "In my duty as a high priestess I have shared the rewards with my people."
    Mia continues with the walls. They are quiet good by now and very edgy like it was made by cutting it out of a sand block.
    "Maybe you help someone create a machine to help making bread? You never know. Most inventions didn't come from high genius. they came from people who needed them."
    The central keep that Honeysuckle has been building is growing somewhat unconventional. But neatly made.
    "Maybe. I'm certainly no genius. I'll have to think. About what I need."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #115

((Ack, I forgot the under the sea scene, ugh.))

[Beach Party - Under the Sea]

She will need to do some light squeezing, but she can slip in without too much problem.
    There aren't any obvious threats inside, just a lot of overgrown junk. Crates and debris laying in piles at the sandy bottom which would require some digging to uncover. What might be more interesting however is what top, namely a locked (and most likely locked) ornate door. The walls on its side have faded paintings of sea serpents and if she looks to her sides she can see that both the ceiling and the floor she can also see emerald serpentine patterns that must have looked quite colorful once.

The frames of the door itself look shiny, though its difficult to tell if they're actually carrying anything but historical value.

"Then why don't I just dance?" Dena asks as she accepts the mojito. "People won't notice the difference." She turns to Rein. "Not where I learned to dance at least, unless you find a drink called 'a slap on the butt'." She remarks with a sly smile as she takes a sip of the mojito. "But I don't recommend it if you find it. Tastes very bitter."

26. - Top - End - #116

[Beach Party - Stage]

Oh dear, looks like we might have overdone it slightly! Well, more like Vivi overdid it a bit. She didn't need to get that fancy with the backing! So a few moments later once she notices that Vivi has flopped on stage, Lucy makes her way back on with quite a bit of swagger to her step. She comes to a stop standing over Vivi with her hands on her hips and a wicked grin on her face. "What was it Addie said? If I can get you to blush, I'm set for life?" She chuckles and drops her voice as she leans down and whispers seductively to her, "I'd say you're blushing, wouldn't you?"

And then it's back to normal as she offers Vivi a hand up. "We ought to get off stage. With that kind of performance, you can turn any song into a show." And she'll head back off stage, keeping hold of Vivi's hand if she's willing to go along.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beach Party - Ocean]

Once Anika and Ilpholin swim away, Wenomir leans back, floating on the water. He glances at the beach as well, though.

"Koshal seems to be doing fine. I can't remember if you've ever met him. He's a minotaur knight in training who studies swordsmanship with me."
    [Beach Party - Ocean]

"You're certainly starting to swim in students, aren't you?" says Kal, amused. "You ever feel overwhelmed?"

[Beach Party - Stage]

"I guess I'll go next," says Cass anxiously, draining her glass and going up to the stage. She flicks through the available selection of songs rapidly, seeming to barely read each title as she scrolls down the list.

This one.

Cass pauses, eyeing the highlighted title.

UH... are you sure?

A few seconds pass, and then Cass sighs, confirming the selection.

Song selected, the karaoke machine starts to play a music video, a few beats the only prelude to Cass easing into her choice.

"I'm so into you," Cass starts, a little out of pitch as she struggles to find her own register, "I can barely breathe..."

It doesn't take long for her to adapt, though, and quickly she's crooning into the mic as smooth and sultry as one born into performance, though the slight tightness around her eyes might betray her anxiousness. When she gets to the line about temperatures rising, however, she gives Electra and Fayyaad a mischievous glance and waves her a hand down her torso. Immediately, her tanktop seems to spontaneously combust, charred holes growing as the thin white fabric begins to char and flake away, revealing the web-inspired bikini top she's wearing underneath.

Other than that flash, though, there's little other fanfare to her performance as she focuses more on her singing voice, forgoing flashy illusions or enchanting moves for not flubbing her newly acquired technical prowess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Ocean]

Wenomir stretches out on the water again.

"Far less overwhelmed than running Vigil makes me feel on a regular basis," he says. "And it's rewarding. Each of my students is eager to learn and listens to me. I never thought I'd take to teaching this way."

[Beach Party - Stage]

Fayyaad gives Cassandra and encouraging nod and a smile as she walks up on the stage. But she quickly subverts his expectations with her choice of song. That's certainly... direct, but then Cassandra seems to be this way once she gets past some awkwardness. She seems to have had a well-hidden talent for song, as well. Fayyaad's surprise only deepens when Cassandra takes off her shirt in a very eye-catching manner. He leans towards Electra slightly.

"If you and Cassandra want to go somewhere more private afterwards, don't mind me and go ahead," he murmurs, still looking at the stage.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #119

NinjaGuy

[Beach Party - Stage]

Electra smiles as she watches Cass take the stage, and listens with an appreciative ear. Her smile widens when Cass takes off her shirt. She has a bit of trouble tearing her attention away from Cass when Fayyaad comments to her.

"What makes you think she wouldn't want both of us there?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party - Stage]

((Lilies said it's okay to skip her.))

"I suppose it's up to her," Fayyaad says, shrugging. "I just felt like I wanted to give you two a chance to get to know each other better first, without me in between. Plenty of time to go crazier later, right?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-08-16 at 09:00 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.