New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default {Nexus} Riverside I: The Beginning

This thread is for Riverside. Riverside is currently just an average big city, run by your typical mafia-like "business-men".

The residents who live here are not super-powered. They rely on the healing abilities of Gersemi, and now Melody, from her little island in the lake nearby.

Riverside is the only city in a area filled with villages and one or two other towns. One of which is Beddling.

Riverside is outside the influence of Inside, and therefore the Empire.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Long, long ago, Riverside was a simple fishing village.

It was able to blossom into a city once trade begun, because of it's placement not only on the river, but between most of the other small villages within this area of the Nexus.

Of course, this means that the Merchants were able to take over the government of the city. But other than that, it remained quite peaceful.

Very few other cities attack Riverside, and it would remain neutral in conflicts. Though, due to the few that did try to attack it, the citizens of Riverside did develop a small military force. For protection purposes only, of course.

For years, Riverside grew in power, yet never exerted it over any of the other villages. That is, until a man named Johnny Duluth came to power.

At first, the people loved him. He was fair and just. And soon, he brought even more prosperity to Riverside.

Then a change. A small force of unknown marauders besieged the city. Mayor Johnny declared a state of emergency, reorganized the military, and with the help of some of his aides, transformed them into a offensive unit.

After a long 4 month battle, Riverside won a decisive victory. But they didn't stop there. Mayor Johnny declared that a nearby village was responsible for the attack.

He personally led the military and crushed the village with no resistance.

Some Merchants balked at this, and tried to warn the citizens of the dangers of allowing Mayor Johnny to take this power.

They were all silenced, one way or the other. Bought off, murdered, or their families kidnapped and held hostage.

By the time the residents realized what was happening, it was too late. They found themselves over run by the same marauders that they had "defeated" before.

Soon, the city was run by a Mafia-dictatorship, and Johnny Duluth was it's mayor.

What the citizens didn't know, was that Johnny Duluth was just a puppet. There was another man pulling his strings.

Ezekial Von Hookes, a prominent member of the Merchant class had employed Johnny for just this. He even arranged for his own daughter, Patricia, to be kidnapped, tortured, and finally returned to him a gibbering mess.

Mayor Johnny ruled Riverside for thirty years, before dying of a sudden heart attack at the age of 78.

A kinder, gentler man took his place, returning Riverside to a peaceful, defensive center of commerce it was before Johnny Duluth took over.

The citizens were happy. But deep within the dark corners, and under the city foundations, the Mafia still ruled. Ezekial passed his hidden empire to his son-in-law, Cameron.

Cameron and Patricia (yes that Patricia) had a son, Frederick Von Hookes. Cameron raised his son to be his successor. Slowly the citizens of Riverside became aware, yet intentionally ignorant, of the criminals that were truly in charge.

People would disappear, and the police did nothing. There were rumors of daughters from surrounding villages being kidnapped and sold to wealthy men, or held under the bar for the local prostitution ring.

By the time Frederick "retired", and Jonah took over, everyone in the city knew that the city was run by a mostly hidden group of men, maybe some women.

When Reinholdt came to town, and murdered Johan, and set the prostitutes free, business came to a screeching halt.

The Green Flagon Bar, where Johan ran his business out of, shut down for repairs. But has only just recently reopened.

There is rumors that Frederick has returned. ASnd people are afraid. Where Johan was cunning, Frederick was brutal.

++++++++++++++++++

The police are owned by the Mafia. Unless you wish to die, you turn a blind eye to any crime you see.

For the most part, the citizens are protected. Only those who try to reform or change the current system find themselves on the wrong end of the "law".

Otherwise, the victims are from the more rural villages surrounding Riverside.

The Mafia has dealings with people in other large cities, including the Empire run Inside. Though most of those are in deep hiding since the Empire took over.

More recently, SAINT, the Assassins guild has sprung up in the cities underworld. Since there has been no fighting between the guild and the Mafia, it is assumed that they have a peaceful agreement with each other.

Of course, in the most recent happenings, the Golden Flagon has been shot up recently when a human female and some blue girl came asking questions.

Soon after they disappeared, an earthquake struck the twon, felling many buildings. A strange man named Riv is reported to have been to blame. How that can be, the citizens do not know.

They are currently rebuilding.

Places Within
    Spoiler
    Show
    Golden Flagon Tavern
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Golden Flagon Tavern was the main hideout of the local mafia, when it was run by Johan.

After a confrontation with Reinholdt, Johan was killed, and the Golden Flagon nearly destroyed. It's current owner is in the midst of restoration.

Moth Park
    Spoiler
    Show
    About 100 acres big, the moth park is approximately rectangular in shape, with a bandshell/performance stage at the north end, a soccer (football) field and softball diamond at the south and a forested area in the center.

It also holds two playgrounds (swing sets, slides, monkey bars) several fountains (most of which are nonfunctional) various statues and a network of walking paths.

Since the re-opening, Moth park is pretty popular with the local residents as well as those who come into the area to work or visit.

The park have a park guard which keeps out most small-time criminals and drug-dealers which makes it considered safe, at least during day time.

Sawyer's Inn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The inside of Sawyer's is beautiful, though humble. Whoever keeps the place, keeps it in fine condition.

The dark wooden floors are waxed and shiny. There are four wooden pillars that reach up to the ceiling. The four walls are painted in a brick red, with light grey accents.

Along the left wall there is a large hearth fire burning, with a dog and cat sleeping together. The dog raises it's head slightly to observe the newcomers, but doesn't rush to sniff them out.

Along the right wall is the customer service area, with a dining hall just past it. The smell of freshly baked bread and some kind of meat can be smelled eminating from beyond.

And then there is the back wall. There is a set of stairs leading up and another leading down. Both sets are made of the same wood as the pillars and floor.

For now, this thread is run by: Lex-kat

But will handed over to ApeofLight, RPGsr4Me, and ThirdEmperor after this plot has run it's course.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-12-22 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Added Sawyer's Inn

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside I: The Beginning

Cathy arrives with the others, looking around cautiously! "Do we have somewhere to stay where I can work on this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

And Quinn has arrived as well!
    "Well, I'm not sure. I suppose we could try to find a room at the tavern for you to work on."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    [Vampire Manor]

((I believe it has been long enough to say it's night.))

The sun sets and it is night once more. Gabriel sleeps soundly, still drained. He'll likely sleep for a few more hours.

Serena stands just inside her room, the door closed. She waits until Tia is not in the main room. As soon as she isn't there Serena slips out of the house with an amulet in her hand.

Her ring remains on the mantle.

[Riverside Inn]

Nire looks out the window. Sunset. He'll wait a couple more hours before he goes back to the manor.
    Tia doesn't notice that Serena has slipped out. She just wanders the house, alone, and hungry.

I could slip out and find someone. Gabriel would never have to know. But as she thought of it, she saw the sparkle of the ring in the light of the oil lamp on the mantle. She didn't want to hurt Gabriel the way Serena had hurt Nite.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Nite enters the manor once more. Gabriel takes this opportunity to wake up and enter the main room at the same time.

Gabriel gives Nite a nod and Nite walks into his and Serena's room. "Serena?"

"Serena?" She's not there. Nite comes back out. "Where's Serena?"

Gabriel just looks at him. He doesn't know what to say.

"She... no." Nite says weakly and takes off out the door.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-01-03 at 10:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

"I didn't see her leave..." Tia says weakly.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel looks shocked. The first lapse he could almost understand considering the alcohol, but this? It made no sense at all.

The front door opens, "Nite?" Gabriel asks.

It isn't Nite that enters however. A huge man walks though the door. His girth in expansive, but it suggests power rather than a life of luxury.

He is bald and wears a white suit. His eyes are red and he has long fangs. Think vampire King Pin.

Behind him enter two npc other vampires.

"Oh Ramiro. What do you need?" Gabriel asks.

"It's almost time, Gabriel." The man responds, his voice rich and full.

One of the vampires gives Tia a hungry look.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

Tia smiles and returns the vampire's hungry look. She instantly feels better having more men in the room.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

The vampire's face looks briefly confused before it contorts in agony. He clutches at his head.

"Never look at Tia that way." Gabriel says.

Ramiro laughs, "You have to forgive my young friend. He is new to vampirism let alone our lifestyle."

"Now for the matter at hand. Let us finalize the details for taking this city."

They will move to sit and further discuss their plans. Gabriel offers his hand to Tia and his expression suggests she doesn't have to come, but she's welcome to.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

Tia joins them, giving most of her attention to Gabriel, while enjoying the presence of the other men. It feels good to be admired. She probably doesn't pay much attention to the details of the planning, unless she's actually meant to be part of any specific part of it.

She sits close to Gabriel, with her arm around him, and her fingers running along his spine.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

They primarily discuss such things as key locations to take, the known locations of mob leaders, and how to implement Ghar's everlasting night spell. The discussion goes on for a long time. Let's say until TE and Ape are organized.

Gabriel never even considered the idea that Tia could be part of the takeover because that would mean putting her in danger.

Every so often one of the young vampires glances at Tia with a hungry look, but every time they wince in pain and look away.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

Gabriel probably doesn't see the sad look she gives every time he disciplines one of the vampires. She only wants to make people happy! Her mind wanders as she plays out an imaginary scene in her mind of her comforting them, which is far too forum inappropriate to post here, but causes her aura to grow stronger without her realizing it.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

{Hunt for Fred}

Melody looks toward the tavern that she and Quinn had almost killed last time they were here. Are you sure that's a good idea?

((1- There are likely more places to stay than the place they were almost killed.
    I don't even remember the name I gave the tavern oh so long ago, when Reinholdt first arrived here.

2- Please let me know of any places or information needed to be added to the OP.
    I wrote it quickly, only adding the History I'd written so it wouldn't be lost to PM deletion. ))
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-12-20 at 01:58 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

One of the vampires starts to think about more than just a meal when he looks at Tia. After a little while he looks directly at Tia, licks his teeth, and winks.

As expected he winces in pain at another mental punishment from Gabriel. The vampire's had enough. He lunges over the table at Gabriel. They slam into the wall and the vampire punches Gabriel in the face.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

Tia can't help smiling back at the blatant come-on, but immediately regrets it when the two men start fighting. Her aura shrinks down to minimum. "I'm sorry. Please don't fight..."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel wraps his fingers around the around vampire's throat. But when he hears Tia he immediately lets go. He suffers another couple blows to the face as a result.

Meanwhile Ramiro has leisurely made his way around the table and approaches the young vampire from behind. Gabriel suffers another blow to the face, but doesn't retaliate. Ramiro takes one hand and grabs the vampire by the head. He lifts the vampire up and turns his back to Tia. Nothing can be seen, but a sharp crack is heard from in front of Ramiro.

He takes the corpse, still concealed from Tia, and throws it out the back door. Gabriel returns to the table and wraps his arm around Tia.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
    Tia sobs.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel holds Tia and strokes her hair, "Tia, it's not your fault. You did nothing wrong." He whispers to her. He kisses the top of her head. "It'll be alright."

The other young vampire is pointedly looking at his hands.

Ramiro returns and takes his seat. "I apologize for that unpleasantness. That isn't something the lady needed to see."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

"I should leave you to talk," Tia says, and tries to leave the room.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel lets her go, "Tia..." He turns on Ramiro, "Damnit Ramiro! Why did you do that right in front of her?"

"The young ones need to know their place." He responds.

Gabriel just shakes his head and gets out of his seat. He goes to find Tia.

"Tia!"

Back in the meeting room the remaining young vampire says, "She's got him by the balls, eh?" and snickers. Ramiro looks at him and casually backhands him across the face. He hits the ground and spits out a tooth.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-12-20 at 08:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

Tia is sitting in their bedroom crying. "It's my fault. I wasn't being careful enough."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel sits beside her and wraps his arm around her. "No Tia, it's not your fault. They're young vampires. They find it hard to stay in control."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

"I find it hard to stay in control too." Tia says. v.v

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel nods his head and says, "Everybody has struggles. Just know I'll be right here beside you no matter what. I love you."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

"You should go back to your meeting," Tia says, forcing a smile. "I love you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel frowns slightly, knowing that she isn't completely ok, "Are you sure, Tia? We can finish the meeting some other time. You will always come first."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Vampire Manor

Tia puts a hand to his face and kisses him rather chastely, for her. "I'm sure."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel smiles and stands. He backs out of the room, holding her in his gaze until she is out of sight.

He returns to the meeting room. "Ramiro, you will never do such things when Tia is around again."

Ramiro nods once, slowly.

"Now where were we?"

Gabriel sits back down and they continue their discussion.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-12-20 at 09:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Riverside I: The Beginning

Vampire Manor

Tia cries a little while longer, and then writes a note.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm sorry, Gabriel, I'm just making everything worse."

And she calls Maelstrus. He sends Geeves to open a portal for her, and she steps towards it.

((And I'll pause here since I don't know if Gabriel would sense that happening or not.))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Riverside I: The Beginning

[Vampire Manor]

Gabriel won't notice a thing. He'll just continue his discussion.

Ghar may have noticed, but he isn't even in the Nexus at the moment.