New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

Rebuilding the world / society properly, I guess too. But once you mass produce the potion and have loads more people, the whole thing kind of has to move away from the "use science to build simple machines" angle which is kind of the focus. Or at least with a bunch of other smart people it is not all up to Senku, and soon adults would likely take over...
    Also, I'm not sure about the fate of the enemy commanders after all this is done.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

New chapter!

An option for where this series could go from here that we didn't think of: it just ends! It seems like the actual final battle is about to begin, and that'll be interesting to see. Will science win out over strength? Will Blue find a way to counter Green? We'll see, next time!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!

An option for where this series could go from here that we didn't think of: it just ends! It seems like the actual final battle is about to begin, and that'll be interesting to see. Will science win out over strength? Will Blue find a way to counter Green? We'll see, next time!
    Ah, forgot to say anything..
    Hmpf... I mean we know Tsukasa is crazy strong, but he / they are up against half a village. Numbers matter in these things, if they are also trained fighters..
    Also, I'm not sure, short of a gun, what Senku could make to decide this fight. Then again, I'm not that creative.

I actually feel like ending (soon) would be a good move, but I don't think we'll not learn what caused the petrification. So it'll likely last a while... maybe while rebuilding Japan with adults continues a few people will set sail to revive / discover the rest of the world.
    "What's done is done."

4. - Top - End - #184

New chapter!

The power...OF DYNAMTE! Pretty interesting, though I'm curious how this will win the fight.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, we're playing real loose here with the science... I don't think it's that easy to make nitroglycerin - which is what they made, not dynamite, but nitpicking. But it's fun nonetheless. So now... we will blow up the bad guys? Rocks fall, everyone dies? I don't know...
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah, we're playing real loose here with the science... I don't think it's that easy to make nitroglycerin - which is what they made, not dynamite, but nitpicking. But it's fun nonetheless. So now... we will blow up the bad guys? Rocks fall, everyone dies? I don't know...
    TO BE FAIR, the author comments directly said "hey so I removed...a lot of the process for doing this so you couldn't do it at home. It's dangerous kids!" so I'll forgive them on that.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

TO BE FAIR, the author comments directly said "hey so I removed...a lot of the process for doing this so you couldn't do it at home. It's dangerous kids!" so I'll forgive them on that.
    Ah, I missed that. Makes sense, even though we live in the age of the internet, so....

Also, weird twist in the new chapter. It's not... Terrible, it just feels out of nowhere and terribly convenient.
    Also also, Archer boy has some serious balls.
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #188

I mean we know what Tsukasa's motivation was early on, we just thought his sister was dead so he was a nihilistic *******. As it turns out she's not, so he doesn't.

I do absolutely love Hyuga's face scars though, those rule. Also yeah Ukyo is ballsy and stupid as hell, the way arrows work he'd probably blow his damn self up doing that.

Also, another idea for where this series goes next: why did the Petrification happen?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Did we? I totally forgot. I just remembered him hating adults for being jerks. I guess that makes it better.. Still very convenient she's still whole.
    Also, as with many designs, Hyuga's is nice.. But he seems to have a weird fascination with fire.

Also, yes, the source of the petrification would be a likely plot point at some time.. Depending on how long the story goes.
    But it seems priorities should be elsewhere, most likely reviving as many people as possible to bring back society.
    "What's done is done."

10. - Top - End - #190

Did we? I totally forgot. I just remembered him hating adults for being jerks. I guess that makes it better.. Still very convenient she's still whole.
    Also, as with many designs, Hyuga's is nice.. But he seems to have a weird fascination with fire.

Also, yes, the source of the petrification would be a likely plot point at some time.. Depending on how long the story goes.
    But it seems priorities should be elsewhere, most likely reviving as many people as possible to bring back society.
    I mean looking at her statue, she's got some pretty major cracks on her lower torso it seems.

Hyoga is definitely gonna turn out to be a serial bomber of some sort.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Well the structure of it is stupidly simple.
    Making it should be a -lot- more simple than some of the other things they produced.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #192

New chapter!

Hyouga successfully does a traitor, as we suspected. Unexpected; Candyfloss Girl is still on his side, and Average Cop is joining him as well. Rip Tsukasa.

Also Mirai is super cute with her eggshell rock ontop of her head. That's cute.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

How do I keep forgetting this thread?

Ahem.. "curse your sudden and inevitable betrayal!" I'm not sure what Hyouga's long term plans are here... He's not still among the idiot empire where the strongest rules and killing the boss makes you the boss. He's a murderer now and far less likely to find an army to command.
    Also, it seems he got pretty lucky with the timing of the distraction.
    But, no more miracle water so the obvious plans for the future need to be delayed.

Also I'm skeptical about Tsukasa's death and yeah, I guess sis' design is pretty cute.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #194

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Tsukasa's alive, though clearly heavily wounded. Senku and him have joined forces for good now, it's time to face off against Hyoga! Who gives us a bit of a rant about his own motives.

Mostly in that he's a ****ing moron.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Tsukasa's alive, though clearly heavily wounded. Senku and him have joined forces for good now, it's time to face off against Hyoga! Who gives us a bit of a rant about his own motives.

Mostly in that he's a ****ing moron.
    Well, it's not like Hyouga's ideas are in any way unique or I dare even say rare. It's what you hear from a lot of 'smart' people who are not limited by 'petty morals'.
    But obviously, even if Senku gave in with that attitude he'd be dead once he went to sleep. Senku should have just dropped his honesty and back stabbed him the first chance he got... Which is what Gen would have done. (Gen needs a bigger role)
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #196

Well, it's not like Hyouga's ideas are in any way unique or I dare even say rare. It's what you hear from a lot of 'smart' people who are not limited by 'petty morals'.
    But obviously, even if Senku gave in with that attitude he'd be dead once he went to sleep. Senku should have just dropped his honesty and back stabbed him the first chance he got... Which is what Gen would have done. (Gen needs a bigger role)
    Exactly what I mean. The idea that the Earth can't sustain a large population like that is entirely predicated on the idea of everyone being as garbage as possible. Senku's right, if we really CAN'T survive on the planet with that many people...it's up to us to figure out how to manage it anyway. But the reason why Seku phrased it the way he did is because Hyouga's beliefs are actually bull**** nonsense.

Gen has a pretty big role I'd think?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess you could run a very different kind of humanity the way Hyouga wants but its about as efficient as our way... Minus, well, being what we consider humane. But yeah, for most intents and purposes, especially given the Manga's premise, he's an idiot.

Well, I guess he is in the top five or top ten characters but I wouldn't mind a story focused on him or somebody like him.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #198

New chapter!

Bzzzrt.

I still don't think Tsukasa dies here, but...maybe. We'll see!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter!

Bzzzrt.

I still don't think Tsukasa dies here, but...maybe. We'll see!
    No, I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I don't know if he'll be just that badass or if Senku will science him back to health but I'm quite confident he'll stick around.
    I'm a bit baffled by the conceit that Senku had that stun gun around the whole time and by whatever he blew up there but.. It's fine.

So I guess the arc is over now? Or do we get another twist?
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #200

No, I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I don't know if he'll be just that badass or if Senku will science him back to health but I'm quite confident he'll stick around.
    I'm a bit baffled by the conceit that Senku had that stun gun around the whole time and by whatever he blew up there but.. It's fine.

So I guess the arc is over now? Or do we get another twist?
    Minor confusion due to how I phrased that. I think Tsukasa will live as well!

I feel like we'll get one last chapter to sort of epilogue Hyouga and show what the rest of those who follow him are up to, but this'll be the end of the arc pretty soon.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I wasn't disagreeing, just... Language is stupid sometimes.

New chapter stuff.
    No, Senku, you won't convince me that your stun gun would work. Your battery just isn't good enough. Also, again, you did not have time to prep that
    Everything is wrapping up mostly nicely and we go straight to arc three..
    Say.. Didn't they keep the shards sorted before or am I misremembering things? But... Interesting first revival. I feel like mangaka often allure to their work if they can. Usually in a negative way. Poor guys.

Also, wow, you're trying really hard to redeem what amounts to a mass murderer, story... I checked if it might be because of the popularity poll but he didn't rank that high there.
    Also also, I kind of suspected that hook for the next arc but honestly, it felt too unlikely for me. I guess I was wrong. So we get an expedition next?
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Also, wow, you're trying really hard to redeem what amounts to a mass murderer, story... I checked if it might be because of the popularity poll but he didn't rank that high there.
    Also also, I kind of suspected that hook for the next arc but honestly, it felt too unlikely for me. I guess I was wrong. So we get an expedition next?
    Can't really murder something that's already for all intents and purposes dead.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Can't really murder something that's already for all intents and purposes dead.
    Except they're not really dead and he knows they can be brought back... otherwise he'd not waste time destroying them but leave them alone.
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

So.. it is progressing a lot faster than i would have expected, the pace of the story that is.
    It feels like the setting is suddenly going to make another drastic shift.

And yeah, the sudden redemption does feel.. a little forced.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    So.. it is progressing a lot faster than i would have expected, the pace of the story that is.
    It feels like the setting is suddenly going to make another drastic shift.
    I'm sad they will likely skip over a large part of the rebuilding but I guess it would make for not-so-exciting chapters... I'd still be interested but I don't think many others would be.
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #206

New chapter!

She was sorting MOST of the shards, but there's still so many possible-dead to worry about. She's only one person, and she was working under secrecy after all.

but yeah I'm conflicted. On the one hand Tsukasa is REALLY extreme a person. But on the other...Senku's theory is right, he can revive people from a shattered state and if he can master the petrification process, he could even cure pretty fatal wounds. We know most people aren't conscious in the stone form, but only due to time dragging on for so long that they basically go brain dead/comatose...so yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about redeeming Tsukasa.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

So... We get an anime next summer. I'm kind of stoked but I also think Dr Stone is a difficult story to adept.. We'll see.

Also, new chapter. So Senku kind of has a plan... And we will likely go away for a while and miss a chunk of the rebuilding.
    But we got a freezer now. It's weird but mechanical cooling, despite understanding it, remains one of the most magical feats of modern science.
    (also, debate about Mario's drug abuse. He's totally high on shrooms, herbs and whatever a fireflower is)
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #208

It's ****ing hilarious that Senku is one of those "aahahaha he's really on druuuugs" guys, but for purely scientific reasons.

Also yeah cryogenics doesn't...actually really work, but Senku's idea that it miiiight keep him alive just enough to be petrified and then healed by the way is a solid one. I wonder if it'll work out.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow forgot about this one again...

Well, the petrification is magic enough. I guess if the body looks fine it just works (?)

We get a few shenanigans with the ship building but no real surprises.. Except Yo being just accepted as part of the group. I.. Guess he was just doing his job (?)
    It's a bit amazing how they gloss over how hard it must be to include hundreds of new people in their society.

Next time, we need a captain! I wonder what kind they will pick.
    (also, reporter lady, your body looks crazy unnatural, still. How does your dress stay in place?)
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

(also, reporter lady, your body looks crazy unnatural, still. How does your dress stay in place?)
    Remember Boichi started as a hentai artist, some habits stay, I guess