New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Paranoia III - Recruitment Thread

Paranoia III

Welcome troubleshooters, to the Paranoia III Recruitment Centre! Here you will find the information Friend Computer has graciously decided to share with you regarding the workings of this game.

Our friend The Computer is very upset. There are mutants and communists and secret societies trying to ruin all of Friend Computer's hard work! If you wish to help reveal these traitors and bring them to justice, sign up here! Remember, not turning in a traitor is treason and is punishable by Summary Execution. You wouldn't want that would you?

Narrators: Kyouhen and Selrahc

Teams
    Spoiler
    Show

Everyone who puts there name here will be assigned to one of five teams. Rejoice! Friend Computer has graciously decided that you will be informed who the other members of your team are! You should thank Friend Computer at the earliest opportunity. Not thanking The Computer is treason. Other (nonfun) games have something similar to teams, but they call them wolves and that's just silly.

Each team will consist of 6 troubleshooters. Your job will be to root out evidence of traitorous activity from other troubleshooters. During the night each team could, potentially, plant evidence on a player so that player would be executed when sufficient evidence (2 pieces) is found. The Computer frowns upon such activity, so if you must engage in this try not to get caught.

Winning
    The team you have been assigned to will be granted a victory orange if the number of players not in your team has been reduced to 1.5 times the number of players that are.

Secret Societies
    Spoiler
    Show

Being a member of a secret society is treason. Try not to be a member of a secret society. Members of a secret society do not know who other members are at the start of the game. Nobody would admit to such treasonous activity. Other (nonfun) games have something similar to secret societies but they call them villagers. The Computer has decided using such a term is inappropriate.

The Computer has graciously decided to share with you the following information about the treasonous secret societies:

Corpore Metal - Computers will replace humans eventually, might as well start as soon as you can. Hates the Frankenstein Destroyers.

Frankenstein Destroyers - Machines are tools. Intelligent machines are dangerous. Break them. Hates Pro Tech.

Pro Tech - Developing new technology will let us improve life for everyone! Hates PURGE.

PURGE - The Computer needs to be destroyed, plain and simple. Hates the FCCC-P

FCCC-P (First Church of Christ Computer-Programmer) - The Computer protects you, so you should serve The Computer willingly and to the best of your abilities. Hates the Humanists.

Humanists - The Computer has clearly gone insane and needs to be brought back under human control. Hates Corpore Metal.

Winning
    A secret society could, conceivably, gain a considerable amount of influence by eliminating their main opponent. If there are no remaining members of the secret society you hate, then your society wins!

Mutant Powers
    Spoiler
    Show

Some people have a treasonous mutant power. The Computer frowns upon the use of mutant powers. If you must use a mutant power, try not to get caught. Other (nonfun) games have something similar to mutant powers which have any number of names. You should thank The Computer for not using such names. Thanking The Computer is mandatory.

Puppeteer - Changes the point of one person of your choice to match yours. (DAY ACTION)

Detect Mutant Power - Can scry the mutant power of another player. (NIGHT ACTION)

Polymorphism - At the start of the game can pick another player. Any scries will return that player's information instead. Does not know what information the other player has. (AUTOMATIC)

Charm - Can convince a player to reveal either their team or secret society to you. A player knows when they have been charmed but not by who. (NIGHT ACTION)

Death Simulation - When killed for any reason only pretends to be dead. After 3 days the player returns to the game. Only works once. (AUTOMATIC)

Absorption - Negates two points against yourself. (AUTOMATIC)

Other Rules
    Spoiler
    Show

All points must be put in red. Please do not use red font for anything else. If you change your point please cross out the previous point.

Autolynch is at 2 days.

Day phases last 48 hours, nights are 24.

If you are unable to post for any reason please PM myself or Selrahc and we'll work something out for you.

Nobody in their right mind would publicly announce that they are a member of a secret society or have a mutant power. Anyone who does so will immediately gain 1 piece of treasonous evidence against them. Friend Computer has no complaints with making claims as to which team you are on.

Rules are subject to change if anyone spots anything that is unbalanced or needs to be adjusted up until the game starts. If you have any questions feel free to ask. The game starts June 8th.

Player List (30/30)
    Spoiler
    Show

Hyozo
    Recaiden
    EagleWiz
    billtodamax
    happyturtle
    The Bookworm
    Fleeing Coward
    Reinholdt
    Catseye2121
    Jontom Xire
    toasty
    Murska
    pondshadow
    Dirk Kris
    Istari
    Opeth_Freak
    RedScholarGypsy
    Aemoh
    PirateMonk
    Uncle Festy
    Lizard Lord
    GAThraawn
    Mustiado
    Shadowcaller
    Walter O'Dim
    InaVegt
    The Bushranger
    Trixie
    Darkcomet
    BRC

Auto-Lynch Fill-in List (1/1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    banthesun
    Last edited by Kyouhen; 2009-06-06 at 08:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Paranoia III - Recruitment Thread

Hyozo-R-NET-prime happily reporting for troubleshooting duty Friend Computer sir!
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

You know I'm in.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I am so in.

5. - Top - End - #5

In as the terminator.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

In with explosive runes
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

In.....(....)(!)

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

In.
    The wording of the team victory means it is definately almost impossible to achieve. Should be the total number of other players.
    Also, I stand by my point that barring alot of manipulation and luck, the team victory condition is pretty much impossible to achieve before a society victory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

9. - Top - End - #9

BOOM

Hyozo-R-NET-2 walks into the room somewhat later. "Friend computer, I have evidence of troubleshooter turtle planting explosives in crowded rooms. I believe she may be a member of Death Leopard. Permission to terminate?
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

I would recommend it being if the number of total players is equal to or less than 3 times the team, the team wins.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

In because Happiness is Mandatory Citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I would recommend it being if the number of total players is equal to or less than 3 times the team, the team wins.
    3 times total might be abit too much in my opinion since that could theoretically end the game after 3 day/nights. I'd push for maybe 2.5 times total number of playes. That'd make it abit more feasible to achieve the team victory before the society victory without making it too likely (earliest possible victory in 4 day/nights with all 6 members alive)
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

13. - Top - End - #13

I think I'll join this one.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    3 times total might be abit too much in my opinion since that could theoretically end the game after 3 day/nights. I'd push for maybe 2.5 times total number of playes. That'd make it abit more feasible to achieve the team victory before the society victory without making it too likely (earliest possible victory in 4 day/nights with all 6 members alive)
    Would that have any effect on the odds of choosing the society victory over it? The society victory was intended to be somewhat easier on the grounds that you would have to figure out who's a member of your society and who's a member of your enemy society, then either start bandwagons against the enemy society or convince your teams to help you. The Polymorphism mutants would make this somewhat trickier.

I've added a rule about public role claims. Any claims of being a mutant or a secret society member will count as 1 piece of evidence against you. Claiming both will result in immediate execution.

Note to self: If this works find a way to get a functional clone system in the next one.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Would that have any effect on the odds of choosing the society victory over it? The society victory was intended to be somewhat easier on the grounds that you would have to figure out who's a member of your society and who's a member of your enemy society, then either start bandwagons against the enemy society or convince your teams to help you. The Polymorphism mutants would make this somewhat trickier.

I've added a rule about public role claims. Any claims of being a mutant or a secret society member will count as 1 piece of evidence against you. Claiming both will result in immediate execution.

Note to self: If this works find a way to get a functional clone system in the next one.
    I just think the team victory need to be boosted abit to give everyone the choice of trying to attempt it with a realistic chance of achieving it. At the moment, the game's pretty much a lottery on which society wins and the only use of teams is to convince the other members of your team not to lynch or kill one of your society.

Alternatively, you could just make it so that the game doesn't end until a team has won. Of course, this might reduce the importance of society to some players but at least that way, you ensure the game won't be ending too quickly either.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I just think the team victory need to be boosted abit to give everyone the choice of trying to attempt it with a realistic chance of achieving it. At the moment, the game's pretty much a lottery on which society wins and the only use of teams is to convince the other members of your team not to lynch or kill one of your society.

Alternatively, you could just make it so that the game doesn't end until a team has won. Of course, this might reduce the importance of society to some players but at least that way, you ensure the game won't be ending too quickly either.
    Ok, tweaked it so it's a team victory at 2.5 times the number of people in your team instead.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground

Ooh ooh, so IN!!!!

Woot! I love this game. Did I mention I invented it (or at least it's GitP incarnation)?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

This sounds too fun to not join. :D

I'm in.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I'll join as one of the founding members of Wobblies.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Ok, tweaked it so it's a team victory at 2.5 times the number of people in your team instead.
    I meant 2.5 total, so total other players is equal to or less than 1.5 times the number of players in your team for the victory.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant 2.5 total, so total other players is equal to or less than 1.5 times the number of players in your team for the victory.
    Ah, ok then. Fix'd.

22. - Top - End - #22

In, if you'll have me. Sounds interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

I think I'll join
    Moleotar done by lindorm

I remember the Myrka as menacing, unstoppable and well-nigh indestructible. Nowhere did I describe it as a four-legged beast on loan from Panto-Horses-Are-Us

24. - Top - End - #24

Can I haz join?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh mighty Computer, the humble newbie ask for ye blessing, and letting me join this awesome game

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Oh man i so want in. Please?
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

In, says I.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

28. - Top - End - #28

In, with the greatest celebration of the wonderful gifts Friend Computer has given us.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

29. - Top - End - #29

May I please join?
    Thank you, friend Computer!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I would like to join this.