New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

It would be both.

I'll give you the knowledge of it for the other campaign how about that? (Yes I will be asking you to join this camapign but the main goal of this camapign is to find this realm, so you'd know a rather large amount of knowledge about it already.

I will be changing/refluffing it differently for Sea's of Madness as the gods are truly gone.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Still expect Islomere to spam knowledge skills; Arthram would... except he's bad at it (6 rolls, 1 above 10 before modifiers), even with Knowledge Devotion.

Normally I play the smart guy, Arthram's an interesting change, he's the bruiser.

Will not derail own thread.

Yeah just tell me the minimum I guess. I don't know what I'll end up working on next. For the most part I try to avoid making them too setting specific (Iron Rose was made for a specific setting I was going to start and instead rolled into "To Slay Dragons" backstory, Eclipse was made with To Slay Dragons in mind, and the other setting specific ones are the ones made years ago) so exactly how much gets used will be in question.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I might be assuming that some sort of Plane of Faerie is in use.
    A perfectly reasonable assumption though it's not in the Core 3.5 cosmology I believe Faerun introduced the Faerie Realm that, much like the Ethereal and Shadow Planes, is both Coexistent and Coterminous with the Material Plane meaning that with the right spells/abilities a creature can pas from one plane ot the other with relative ease.

Coexistent because the Faerie Realm overlaps most if not all of the Material Plane, and Coterminous because there are certain places on the Material Plane where one can step from one plane to the other such as Faerie Circles.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

It's also one of the variant planes suggested in Manual of the Planes. Generally if fey are given a large role it will end up existing in some form. I actually was already assuming it existed in un_known's the Sea of Shadows because he went to the trouble of naming a fey language and not just using the default Sylvan.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

You can put together the main dragons with using the Faerun Faerie Realm basis. But if possible could you do two dragons based on these little snippets of Lore.

"The Forest of Dreams and Wonders is in fact a giant tree, once a great forest monarch that has now fallen. The inside of the tree has been devoured by new trees growing within it and within this great god-like oak a new forest has sprung to life. Large cracks in the bark let light flow down into the canopy of this Forest and from there the energy is passed downwards. The affect of such a beautiful place is that though many people on the material plane do not know it they in fact are drawn to this heart of beauty and life in their dreams. Such monumental power can in fact give birth to new and exciting things but one persons dream can be as much a nightmare to another…"

"In the darkest corner of the Forest of Dreams and Wonders lies the Vale of Nightmare and Loss. As the Forest draws dreamers to it the Vale is the epitome of nightmares, it draws sadness to it and from this overwhelming emotion uses the same power that the Forest uses to create to give birth to monstrosities of dark proportions. This place is a decaying forest of fungus and poison where the very air is dangerous enough to kill you. The creatures that have been birthed roam this forest and like scavengers feast upon the fear of unwary dreamers."

Would that be to much?

Oh and another Fey dragon idea to add to the list of normal ones a Dryadric Dragon; like a Dryad Dragon that has a tree it must protect and care for.

Edit: Was me naming a new Fey language just a little overboard in the fact that I showed there would be at least some interaction with them? Fey creautres, Underwater Giants, Spirits etcetera.... I did list a lot of languages...
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-10-04 at 10:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Dark Cloud dragons look fine (if, like a lot of these, a bit light on memorable special abilities). Looks like they would have a really juice feud going with my Wing Dragons, since the Wing's can actually out-fly them (same maneuverability, higher speed, and I specifically gave them the ability to reach orbital altitudes if they keep it up long enough), but not outfight them. Dexterity... I would have to check between them each. Anyway, the point isn't who would win a straight-up fight, it is how rich a story one could make out of it.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Dark Cloud dragons look fine (if, like a lot of these, a bit light on memorable special abilities). Looks like they would have a really juice feud going with my Wing Dragons, since the Wing's can actually out-fly them (same maneuverability, higher speed, and I specifically gave them the ability to reach orbital altitudes if they keep it up long enough), but not outfight them. Dexterity... I would have to check between them each. Anyway, the point isn't who would win a straight-up fight, it is how rich a story one could make out of it.
    Nothing to say about the dragons in and of themselves, but I could see a Kobold tribe having its mythology about the sun and the moon being two primordial Dark Cloud and Wing dragons chasing each other around the earth, locked in an epic battle, constantly raging and violently attack the other. They move so fast that they can move across all of the sky in one day, and then dive down into the underworld, fighting all the while, until they find their way back up to the surface, to chase each other for another day.

In fact, this sounds like two tribes, one that worships the Primordial Wing dragon, and one that worships the Primordial Dark Cloud dragon. The Dark Cloud tribe would be nocturnal, hunting at night under the light provided by their great master, and the Wing tribe hunting in the day for the exact same reasons. They would have similar conflicts as their masters, but scaled down, obviously. Dark Cloud kobolds are used as bogeymen for the children of the Wing tribe, and visa-versa, since neither really have a way to interact with each other.

The other kobolds would likely look down on the tribes, viewing them as simpletons who worship some made up dragons, but the Kobolds know... one day, their masters will return to the earth, one victorious, and raise up their stalwart minions. They watch and wait, ready to further their masters' power at any moment.

Other than that, interesting dragons.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Also check out Electrum Dragons, slower than Dark Cloud Dragons and without improved Dex, but just as maneuverable and with Altitude Acclimation so they don't suffer the effects of altitude.

Honorary mention goes to Moon Dragons; cap out at 300-ft speed, and clumsy maneuverability but has no need to breathe, sleep, or rest, and immunity to cold; it takes them something like 6-weeks to reach the planet from the moon assuming earth-like distance of separation.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Also check out Electrum Dragons, slower than Dark Cloud Dragons and without improved Dex, but just as maneuverable and with Altitude Acclimation so they don't suffer the effects of altitude.

Honorary mention goes to Moon Dragons; cap out at 300-ft speed, and clumsy maneuverability but has no need to breathe, sleep, or rest, and immunity to cold; it takes them something like 6-weeks to reach the planet from the moon assuming earth-like distance of separation.
    Well, I was more going about symbolism here; the Wing dragon represents light, while the Dark Cloud represents darkness. They aren't actual dragons, flying around the earth.

Although, that would be pretty awesome.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Well I was actually just talking about flight themed dragons still.

The moon dragon just had to have honorary mention for being able to survive in vacuum and fly between the world and the moon without Spelljamming. Besides he's a good guy

Electrum just fly well and have thunder breath.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I was actually just talking about flight themed dragons still.

The moon dragon just had to have honorary mention for being able to survive in vacuum and fly between the world and the moon without Spelljamming. Besides he's a good guy

Electrum just fly well and have thunder breath.
    Ah. Well, it would be interesting for a single tribe. Alternatively, as a campaign setting where there are thousands of constellations for each true dragon.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    Well, I was more going about symbolism here; the Wing dragon represents light, while the Dark Cloud represents darkness.
    Which would be kinda odd since while Wing Dragons can produce some fairly intricate lighting effects (on the level of an animated neon sign to understate the case), the way that they actually FIGHT is by turning their fog breathweapon optic black and using it to get Sneak Attack damage on their foes. Combined with the fact that Dark Cloud dragons have a lightning BW means that they each fight with the OPPOSITE style as their general theme is in your mythology (not that there is anything wrong with that).
    Some pointing out of some semi-obvious things about Wing Dragons follows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    which is very nasty against MOST creatures... other True Dragons actually NOT being on the list, due to blindsight/blindsense ruining it.... Mmmm... I wonder what the pre-requisites for Darkstalker or whatever that is are?
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-10-05 at 02:10 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Which would be kinda odd since while Wing Dragons can produce some fairly intricate lighting effects (on the level of an animated neon sign to understate the case), the way that they actually FIGHT is by turning their fog breathweapon optic black and using it to get Sneak Attack damage on their foes. Combined with the fact that Dark Cloud dragons have a lightning BW means that they each fight with the OPPOSITE style as their general theme is in your mythology (not that there is anything wrong with that).
    Actually, that really only furthers the cool for me. Sort of like a yin and yang effect. Also; lunar and solar eclipses are times when the sun and moon have gotten close enough to actually fight in the sky.

Some pointing out of some semi-obvious things about Wing Dragons follows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    which is very nasty against MOST creatures... other True Dragons actually NOT being on the list, due to blindsight/blindsense ruining it.... Mmmm... I wonder what the pre-requisites for Darkstalker or whatever that is are?
    I think all you need for darkstalker is to have sneak attack. But either way, these are the primordial dragons; they have been fighting like this for time immemorial, or at least according to the kobolds who worship them.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Blindsense doesn't stop sneak attack, and unless otherwise noted true dragon's don't have blindsight. There are no prerequisites for Darkstalker.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Nightmare Dragon
    Dragon (Feykin)
    Environment: Any bordering forest (plane of faerie)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 1; very young 3; young 5; juvenile 7; young adult 9; adult 11; mature adult 14; old 16; very old 18; ancient 20; wyrm 21; great wyrm 23
    Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
    Treasure: Triple Standard.

Nightmare dragons’ blue-purple scales are an iconic sight within the Fey Courts. Their dread forms can often be found upon the shoulder of Unseelie lords as a sort of pet and familiar. These drakes are mean and hateful creatures, delighting in causing torment to humans which live near the fey lands. Occasionally they’ll flit between the fey world and this one. In our world, these dragons earn their name, giving nearby creatures horrible and twisted nightmares, reveling in our fear and terror.

Nightmare dragons avoid direct confrontation if possible, preferring to instead use controlled animals, summoned creatures, and giving nightmares life. They lurk in small lairs, crawling beneath a house’s foundations, underneath porches, and generally in hard to find places; using their native invisibility to keep from being easily found by ordinary mortals. When they grow too large for these tiny lairs, they use the homes of controlled humans, nearby caves and forests, hay lofts, preferring to lair in the mortal world where their nightmares can reach humans.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling D 2d12+2 (15 hp) 7 14 11 16 13 16 2/-12 4 3 5 4 11 14
    Very Young T 5d12+5 (37 hp) 9 14 13 18 15 18 5/-4 6 5 6 6 13 16
    Young S 8d12+16 (68 hp) 11 14 13 20 17 20 8/4 9 6 7 9 15 19
    Juvenile S 11d12 + 22 (93 hp) 13 14 15 20 17 20 11/7 13 9 9 10 17 20
    Young Adult M 14d12+42 (133 hp) 13 14 15 22 19 22 14/15 15 11 11 13 19 23
    Adult M 17d12+68 (178 hp) 15 14 17 24 21 24 17/19 19 13 12 15 21 25
    Mature Adult M 20d12+100 (230 hp) 17 14 19 26 21 26 20/23 23 16 14 17 24 28
    Old L 23d12+115 (264 hp) 19 14 21 28 23 28 23/31 26 18 15 19 26 30
    Very Old L 26d12+156 (325 hp) 19 14 21 30 23 30 26/34 29 20 17 21 28 33
    Ancient L 29d12+174 (362 hp) 21 14 23 32 25 32 29/37 32 22 18 23 30 35
    Wyrm H 32d12+224 (432hp) 23 14 23 34 27 34 32/45 35 24 20 26 32 38
    Great Wyrm H 35d12+280 (507 hp) 25 14 25 36 29 36 35/49 39 26 21 28 34 40

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Caster Level
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +2 16 (+4 size, +2 Dex) Immunity to Compulsion, Power of Nightmares, Flit Between Worlds - -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +2 17 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +3 natural) Invisibility - -
    Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +2 19 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +6 natural) Control Beasts - 1st
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +2 22 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +9 natural) Poison the Land - 2nd
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +2 24 (+2 Dex, +12 natural) DR 5/cold iron 20 4th
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +2 27 (+2 Dex, +15 natural) Nightmare Construct, Reign of Terror 22 5th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +2 30 (+2 Dex, +18 natural) DR 10/cold iron 24 7th
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +2 32 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +21 natural) Nightmare Terrain, Dominate Person 26 9th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +2 35 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +24 natural) DR 15/cold iron 28 11th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +2 38 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +27 natural) Greater Invisibility 30 13th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +2 40 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +30 natural) DR 20/cold iron 32 15th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +2 43 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +33 natural) Superior Invisibility, Nightmare of the Land, Improved Nightmare Construct 34 17th

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A nightmare dragon's breath weapon is a cone of aggression gas. Any creature caught in this gas must make a Will save or is compelled to attack the nearest creature (other than the nightmare dragon) to the best of his or or her ability. This effect lasts 1 round plus an addition round for every age category of the dragon. If there is no one else to attack, the creature is stunned for 1 round. Creatures immune to mind-affecting effects are also immune to this. A nightmare dragon is immune to its own breath weapon and to the breath weapon of other nightmare dragons.

Power of Nightmares (Su): Any creature sleeping within 300-ft of a nightmare dragon suffers horrible mind-twisting nightmares. These creatures are not consider to have rested during this time asleep, also they take 1 point of Wisdom damage each night they sleep within this area. Fey and other dragons are immune to this effect.

Flit Between Worlds (Su): A nightmare dragon can plane shift between the Prime and the Plane of Faerie (or whatever plane unseelie fey dwell on) once per week; this takes 1 minute and the nightmare dragon may not bring other living creatures with it. If your cosmology uses some variant means of reaching the Plane of Faerie this ability may need to be modified.

Invisibility (Su): A nightmare dragon may become invisible at-will as a standard action, and remain invisible indefinitely till it chooses to become visible (as a standard action) or attacks. A nightmare dragon’s: Power of Nightmares, Control Beasts, Poison the Land, Reign of Terror, Nightmare Terrain, and Nightmare of the Land abilities do not end this invisibility effect.

Control Beasts (Su): A nightmare dragon may take control of a number of hit dice worth of animals no greater that its hit dice within 20-ft per age category as a standard action at-will. This effect works like Dominate Animal except it can affect any number of animals (within HD limit), has a duration of concentration, and ends immediately if the animal is more than 20-ft per age category away from the nightmare dragon.

Poison the Land (Su): A nightmare dragon poisons the land around it, twisting plant life into unnatural shapes and causing the spread of fungus and carnivorous plants. This affects the land out to a mile around wherever a nightmare dragon has laired for at least 6 weeks. In an area of poisoned land a nightmare dragon gains a +2 insight bonus on Will saves.

Nightmare Construct (Sp): 3/day a nightmare dragon can create a construct out of pure nightmare. This functions as a fully augmented (for its CL) astral construct. A nightmare dragon uses twice its age category for its caster level for this effect.

Reign of Nightmares (Su): A nightmare dragon’s Power of Nightmares ability now extends 1000-ft. In addition any creature affected by the nightmare dragon’s Power of Nightmares must make a Will save (DC 14 + the dragon’s charisma modifier) or be charmed by the nightmare dragon for 24 hours.

Nightmare Terrain (Su): A nightmare dragon is continuously surrounded by an area of illusory terrain that functions as the spell Nightmare Terrain (found in Complete Mage). It may suppress or resume this ability as a free action.

Greater Invisibility (Su): A nightmare dragon’s invisibility ability now functions as greater invisibility with the same indefinite duration.

Nightmare of the Land (Su): A great wyrm nightmare dragon’s Power of Nightmares now extends 1 mile, and deals 1d6 Wisdom damage per night. In addition they may extend their Nightmare Terrain out to 1000-ft and gain the following abilities out to 1 mile: Detect presence, number, type (humanoid, fey, animal), and subtype of creatures within 1 mile; see through the eyes and hear through the ears of any animal within 1 mile (as a standard action); detect illusions within 1 mile; use its Control Beasts ability out to 1 mile; summon and control Nightmare Constructs (and Improved Nightmare Constructs) out to 1 mile.

Improved Nightmare Construct (Su): Whenever a great wyrm nightmare dragon uses its Nightmare Construct ability the created construct has the Pseudonatural template (from Lords of Madness, and I think Complete Arcane as well), in addition it has one extra special ability from list C.

Spells: A nightmare dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Superior Invisibility (great wyrm); 1/day: Dominate Person (old or older).

Skills: Bluff, Hide, and Move Silently are class skills for a nightmare dragon.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 10:01 AM.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

The Flit Between Worlds and Poison the Land abilities are so vague that they might as well not exist. The former is merely a suggestion to the DM and could rightly be placed in any of the fluff sections. The latter needs to outline what the fungus and carnivorous plants do mechanically to effect the land. If nothing, then this also doesn't belong on the table and can be added to the fluff of the dragon's entry.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Game mechanically Poison of the Land is just a +2 Insight bonus to Will saves in an area they've been in for at least 6 weeks; the fungus and carnivorous plants are mostly fluff but that last is the game mechanic reason for it being on the table; the other, well there is no fully official "Plane of Faerie" the Manual of the Planes suggests one as a variant, but the ways to get from it vary in every game and so I can't make an all-encompassing rule but at the same time if I left it purely fluff there would be complaints that they have no crunch way to do it.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground

Don't have much to say mechanically since I haven't looked at them in depth, but I gotta say it: this is an absolutely awesome thread. Thank you.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Flit Between Worlds could simply be a plane shift spell that allows the dragon and up to eight companions to travel between the Prime and the Faerie Plane. [Note that the plane shift shift spell only allows up to 8 companions so this should reflect that]. Easy peasy

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Flit Between Worlds could simply be a plane shift spell that allows the dragon and up to eight companions to travel between the Prime and the Faerie Plane. [Note that the plane shift shift spell only allows up to 8 companions so this should reflect that]. Easy peasy

Debby
    That's basically what I was thinking. See, as it is, even though it's in the table there's still "no crunch way to do it," because you don't offer any crunch. You just say that the they "should have some ability."
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Edited, better?

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, that works much better.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Breath Weapon (Su): A nightmare dragon has a single type of breath weapon; a cone of aggression gas. Any creature caught in this gas must make a Will save or for the next 1 + age category rounds they must attack the nearest creature, other than the nightmare dragon, to the best of their ability to directly deal damage to that creature (spellcasters will use fireball over solid fog for example). A nightmare dragon is immune to its own breath and that of other nightmare dragons.
    This is worded a bit awkwardly. What happens if there isn't a "nearest creature?" Also, creatures immune to mind-affecting effects should also be immune to this.

Breath Weapon (Su): A nightmare dragon's breath weapon is a cone of aggression gas. Any creature caught in this gas must make a Will save or is compelled to attack the nearest creature (other than the nightmare dragon) to the best of his or or her ability. This effect lasts 1 round plus an additional round for every age category of the dragon. If there is no one else to attack, the creature is Stunned for 1 round. Creatures immune to mind-affecting effects are also immune to this. A nightmare dragon is immune to its own breath weapon and to the breath weapon of other nightmare dragons.

What do you think?
    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-10-05 at 01:56 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    This is worded a bit awkwardly. What happens if there isn't a "nearest creature?" Also, creatures immune to mind-affecting effects should also be immune to this.

Breath Weapon (Su): A nightmare dragon's breath weapon is a cone of aggression gas. Any creature caught in this gas must make a Will save or is compelled to attack the nearest creature (other than the nightmare dragon) to the best of his or or her ability. This effect lasts 1 round plus an additional round for every age category of the dragon. If there is no one else to attack, the creature is Stunned for 1 round. Creatures immune to mind-affecting effects are also immune to this. A nightmare dragon is immune to its own breath weapon and to the breath weapon of other nightmare dragons.

Debby
    I forgot the mind-affecting tag. I think I'll just use your version though because it was better written, and I like the idea of 1 round of stun when it would otherwise do nothing.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-05 at 01:56 PM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Did you ever fully write up the Feykin Subtype? I can't seem to find it.

Debby

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=201

It's a short write-up, not quite as long as dragonblooded.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I like the Nightmare Dragon. Makes me happy...

So what do you think of Dryad-like Dragon? A dragon that has a tree it is connected to and its abilities are about caring for it and protecting it. Possibly incorperate the dragon being able to sing (Song abilities) to the tree because tree's like singing... Also being able to move the tree from forest to forest?

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Better be a bristle-cone pine-tree... or maybe a red-wood (but those have to grow together, because they require intertwined roots for stability)?
    Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Better be a bristle-cone pine-tree... or maybe a red-wood (but those have to grow together, because they require intertwined roots for stability)?
    I hadn't heard that; I've seen a stunted giant redwood (I live on the east coast and not next to the sea; the climate is completely wrong so that it can't grow very big) all alone but I don't know about ones that actually reach their true height. There's also the Giant Sequoia which can get bigger than Giant Redwoods in terms of volume, and the Dawn Redwood which only grow to around 200-ft (and is also a living fossil unchanged since I believe the cretaceous). Though only bristlecone pines really live as long as dragons.

Sorry; I'm a bit of a plant geek at times.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Do you say yes to the idea though?