New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Yeah I think other people have brought this up but I agree that Batcathat has made some posts I think are kind of wolfy but ... in light of their presence in the thread and apparent? enthusiasm to be here I'm not sure it means they are a wolf.
    Well, I did talk about wanting to try to be wolf in the recruitment thread so my enthusiasm could be interpreted as wolfish. Though again my defense would be that tripping over myself and trying to talk nonstop is pretty much how I've been in every game, every other thread and pretty much life in general. I'm a cynic, but a very energic and rather happy one.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    not killing anyone seeming instinctively wrong
    I am making this post primarily to quote this out of context for how funny it sounds.
    But I'm sympathetic to the other points Batcathat makes. I often find it tempting to say something, only to think it'll sound wolfish, and that's regardless of my alignment. It's hard to know how to read a lampshading, but I could see it coming from a wolf or a townie. Though generally the meta is to take such as wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Rereading I notice that I mistook cao for jeen sorry jeen.
    No problem. I've had that problem myself with folk with similar icons, even sometimes with Cao.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Xi is calling for calm and rational gathering of data, as opposed to shedding blood.
    I'm not sure what to make of it, but it sounds really off.

She has a fair point, but I think lynching somebody is still a good move due to the info it yields. I admit I haven't been in a game this big before, so maybe the potential info-gathering is worthwhile... but just this sounds really odd based on what I've heard in every other mafia game.
    On the other hand, it doesn't feel particularly wolfish. The wolves want us to mislynch someone D1. So, the only reason a wolf would argue for no-lynch is if the major wagons are wolves, but doing so puts the target on herself later on and seems a bad move. Unless it's so non-wolfish it is wolfish, but those are the WIFOM spirals. On a third hand, I could see Xi doing a bold wolf move like this, even if it doesn't seem to be something a wolf would want.

In short, this sounds weird in general, and more than usual when coming from Xi. But not necessarily wolf-weird. Maybe some sort of neutral with an odd win-con?
    I've never known Xi to act in calm OR Rational ways, so I totally agree this is very suspicious. My vote on Elenna feels very odd now with me having suspcions out there for how people are acting, so I'll change my vote to Xi

For newbies: WIFOM = Wine In Front Of Me from Princess Bride and refers to the dilemma of whether people make optimal but expected choices, or a suboptimal but unexpected choice.

I'm a cynic, but a very energic and rather happy one.
    I am aware of the connotation of cynic, but I never consider it to be exclusive of energy or happiness? It reminds me of a cartoon I used to watch where they had 2 sisters and one could see everything good that happened in the future, but was depressed and melancholic about it and the other could see everything bad, but was upbeat and happy about it. They explained that when you know all the worse things, everything else seems great and when you already know everything good, everything else seems drab.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2021-06-02 at 12:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post

For newbies: WIFOM = Wine In Front Of Me from Princess Bride and refers to the dilemma of whether people make optimal but expected choices, or a suboptimal but unexpected choice.
    I know this quote is 100% correct but I still always mentally read it as "wolf in front of me"

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I know this quote is 100% correct but I still always mentally read it as "wolf in front of me"
    maybe a better interpretation within this subforum, but good to have the larger historical context too.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

On the other hand, I agree with Jeen's reasoning for it seeming kinda shady (and not killing anyone seeming instinctively wrong).
    You guys are convincing me, it was a mistake to ever deviate from my murder instinct.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    You guys are convincing me, it was a mistake to ever deviate from my murder instinct.
    too late Xi, but now is when she makes it seem like she wants to be murdered and if not by lynch, then by night kill and people start second guessing if she has some strange win-con that involves her dying (which is what I most associate with Masons, but that may just be me). I recommend we not fall for such tactics and stay strong!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Nooooo kill me I promise it's a good idea and won't blow up in your face
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

No, Xi, keep believing! You can let go of death!

(This sounds much more serious then the context suggests)

And... Uhm. I honestly have no idea who to vote now. Guess I'll join on poking Book Wombat, hopefully it serves something.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-01 at 03:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whoops, almost missed the start since I thought it was on the 2nd, thanks for the network PM Redacted.
    Random vote goes to rogue_alchemist, going to read the thread a bit more thoroughly soon (probably).
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-06-01 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Fun times!
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I meant to make this joke/comment during the Yugioh game, but every time I see "Book Wombat" I think of the Yugioh card "Des Wombat".
    One of my friends loved to run burn decks, so Des Wombat was a favorite side deck card for me and my other friends who played against him.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

Its power reminds me of Zorc from the last game.

- - - Updated - - -

I skimmed through a bit, too lazy to look at it properly since I'm going to bed soon.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

13. - Top - End - #73

ClericGuy

Hello everybody!
    Since I'm late to the party, I don't think I can do like I hinted in the recruitment thread (when in doubt, kill AV).

No, seems like I have to actually find some reasons for my vote.

So that's a lotta bonkers stuff going on.

I don't really like any of these wagons. Apogee seems trustworthy to me for reasons already stated; the high possibility of a counterclaim and the lack of one being chief among them.

I feel like the night is going to be a big event here in an all-PR game. We've got... a little more than three times the power roles firing in the night as the wolves? Honestly it might be best to go no lynch and let our numbers advantage get us gallons of info in the night
    Now, this is an interesting post.
    I can see the logic. In fact, I tend to agree with it. We have so many powers, a night will yield lots of information. Plus there is likely one beast in the game, so a lynch could result in two deaths.
    On the other hand, it seems a strange plan coming from Xi. At least I've got this impression from the game I had read.

I think, I will vote for Xi now, but I would be very much willing to go for no lynch today.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-06-02 at 03:41 PM. Reason: wrong language in color tag

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Forums are American, you need to put “color” in brackets if you want to kill me
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

I'd agree that Batcathat seems the most suspicious out of our top contenders today.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Well, BW posted so... MornShine, any news from you?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-02 at 12:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Hello everybody!
    Since I'm late to the party, I don't think I can do like I hinted in the recruitment thread (when in doubt, kill AV).

No, seems like I have to actually find some reasons for my vote.

Now, this is an interesting post.
    I can see the logic. In fact, I tend to agree with it. We have so many powers, a night will yield lots of information. Plus there is likely one beast in the game, so a lynch could result in two deaths.
    On the other hand, it seems a strange plan coming from Xi. At least I've got this impression from the game I had read.

I think, I will vote for [colour=red]Xi[/COLOUR] now, but I would be very much willing to go for no lynch today.
    hehe silly brits with their 'wrong' spelling. But in all seriousness, couldn't this be fixed pretty easily? Flat_Footed, as a mod, can you comment on how hard it would be to accept both spellings?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

I'll keep my vote on Valmark for now. I don't like anyone's blood particularly more.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

ClericGuy

hehe silly brits with their 'wrong' spelling. But in all seriousness, couldn't this be fixed pretty easily? Flat_Footed, as a mod, can you comment on how hard it would be to accept both spellings?
    Thanks for the hint. Changed the spell checker of my smartphone to AE (or simplified English)
    Hidden text with no meaning
    Now, could you please tell me why I still think I'm about to make a mistake by voting for you, Xi? Please?!

20. - Top - End - #80

Thanks for the hint. Changed the spell checker of my smartphone to AE (or simplified English)
    Now, could you please tell me why I still think I'm about to make a mistake by voting for you, Xi? Please?!
    You can see when I put my vote on her, that I stated, she would do that to you. She always BEGS to be lynched or night-killed, whenever the least wagon starts on her. I don't know why, I guess it has worked out pretty well for the most part, but you gotta push through it to really make the lynch stick!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Lightbulb Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

How do you change the background color for the forums?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

I can't read your mind.

You can go to the settings for the playground but unfortunately there is no dark mode.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I need an update on that vote count.
    Batcathat (5): Jeenleen, Bladescape, EmmyNecromancer, Zelphas, Murska
    Valmark (3): AvatarVecna, Xihilri, Elenna
    AvatarVecna (2): Snowblaze, Shal06
    Totadileplayz (2): Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    Rogue_Alchemist (2): Flat-Footed, BookWombat
    BookWombat (1): Libro
    Jeenleen (1): Totadileplayz
    Mornshine (1): Valmark
    Xihirli (1): Rogan

Well, I don't think there's a reason for me to change my vote, as that might make me a bit suspicious.
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2 is currently recruiting.
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2021 @7:43 AM

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

I am aware of the connotation of cynic, but I never consider it to be exclusive of energy or happiness? It reminds me of a cartoon I used to watch where they had 2 sisters and one could see everything good that happened in the future, but was depressed and melancholic about it and the other could see everything bad, but was upbeat and happy about it. They explained that when you know all the worse things, everything else seems great and when you already know everything good, everything else seems drab.
    Oh, I absolutely agree, I was just referring to how a lot of people seem to confuse "cynic" with "bitter" or "depressed", presumably the connotations you meant too?

too late Xi, but now is when she makes it seem like she wants to be murdered and if not by lynch, then by night kill and people start second guessing if she has some strange win-con that involves her dying (which is what I most associate with Masons, but that may just be me)
    Hopefully I'll get a role like that in a future game. Apparently I could just be myself and kick everyone's ass the first day.

Now I'm even worried seeming wolfier by being too resigned about getting lynched but hopefully I'll think of some good arguments by tomorrow (real-life tomorrow, not in-game tomorrow, it's getting late here). I suppose I could consider claiming but A) I can't really prove it, B) roles aren't connected to factions anyway and C) it might just make different people want to kill me for different reasons instead. Just thinking out loud, hopefully some wolf will do something really stupid and get all the votes so I don't actually have to count on my questionable charm and dubious strategies to survive...

25. - Top - End - #85

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    I need an update on that vote count.
    Batcathat (5): Jeenleen, Bladescape, EmmyNecromancer, Zelphas, Murska
    Valmark (3): AvatarVecna, Xihilri, Elenna
    AvatarVecna (2): Snowblaze, Shal06
    Totadileplayz (2): Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    Rogue_Alchemist (2): Flat-Footed, BookWombat
    BookWombat (1): Libro
    Jeenleen (1): Totadileplayz
    Mornshine (1): Valmark
    Xihirli (1): Rogan

Well, I don't think there's a reason for me to change my vote, as that might make me a bit suspicious.
    Could you check your count again?
    I could swear I'm not the only one voting for Xi
    I would like to avoid counting every vote while I'm only online from the smartphone.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I think there's been enough activity for me to put in actual effort now. Let's see...hrm...okay Apogee stuff will get a separate post.

Not enough evidence, since this is the first day, but I'll skip.
    In general, skipping a lynch isn't a good move for town, and is a great move for wolf/mafia/scum team. Usually lynch is what town has to actually get rid of wolves - giving up an opportunity to control whether a townie or a wolf dies means town has less control over how the numbers shape up as the game continues. Frequently, D1 is a mislynch, of course, and that's why it's always tempting to skip the D1 lynch, but not only does it give up that opportunity to lynch a wolf and control the gameflow, it also severely limits our ability to analyze the D1 lynch discussion and results to find something worth lynching for on future days.

I'm going to disagree. Apogee1 needs more attention nowadays.

I'm honestly not sure who to vote so I chose randomly.
    That's how people generally start D1 - everybody votes "randomly" and then we look for the people who's random votes seem weirdly justified. And then we all start pointing fingers for weird reasons and then find the person with the weirdest reasons for those pointings, and so on until somebody is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shal06 View Post
    yeah just changed it
    If you're wanting to change your vote and nobody else has posted, make a new post instead of editing out the old one; generally, the acceptable edit is to cross out your old vote, and make a new post with the new vote. Analyzing voting patterns is an important part of the game, and if you edit your initial vote over and over, it makes that hard to parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Well, I did say I'd vote Valmark

Might change that later though, I also don't really like the fast wagon on AV. But I don't want to vote Shal sine they're new, Murska started an early wagon last game as town, and I don't think the first or second voters ae really suspicious since they couldn't know it would take off. Also, it's AV, who is always a reasonable voting target
    So for now I'll just go with pushing the counterwagon on Valmark.
    This meandering post feels fishy to me. Feels like Elenna needs to feel justified in 1) voting who she said she'd vote, and 2) not voting me. That's strange, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    So, my post was to point out that Libro voted "the earliest person alphabetically" while conveniently skipping Apogee. Could have been a wolf conveniently avoiding a vote for his wolf buddy.

Given Apogee's claim, I no longer suspect that's the case. Gonna remove my vote for now and think about where it's gonna go.
    If you now suspect what I think you suspect, why advertise what you think you've realized? Wouldn't it be better to take a little bit of heat now instead of putting that thought in everybody's head D1?

So that's a lotta bonkers stuff going on.

I don't really like any of these wagons. Apogee seems trustworthy to me for reasons already stated; the high possibility of a counterclaim and the lack of one being chief among them.

I feel like the night is going to be a big event here in an all-PR game. We've got... a little more than three times the power roles firing in the night as the wolves? Honestly it might be best to go no lynch and let our numbers advantage get us gallons of info in the night.
    Never gonna be on-board with skipping a lynch, and never not gonna be suspicious of somebody pushing for no lynch.

- - - Updated - - -

AFAIK you can't. There's not a "dark mode" on this forum that I'm aware of.

Currently Running WW/Mafia: flat_footed's Fallout 3: Forecast--Rapidly Changing Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to avoid counting every vote while I'm only online from the smartphone.
    You're correct. At least rogue_alchemist is voting for her too.

28. - Top - End - #88

Yea as BatCatHat said, I am voting for Xi too.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Never gonna be on-board with skipping a lynch, and never not gonna be suspicious of somebody pushing for no lynch.
    Oh no you suspect me! What a change this is from before!
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

I could have sworn that used to be a thing (I did it before the website crashed a while ago I thought). It wasn't called dark mode, but it was something that changed the colors so that the backgrounds were darker. It might have been removed. I could be thinking of a different gaming forum site I used. I could just be totally confused. I am getting off for today and will be back in ~12hours.