New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

I do have one thing to say. Rogue Alchemist confirmed that him and AV were switched meaning if the vig didn't know about the matter that the vig wanted to kill Rogue Alchemkst not AV.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I should say that I literally did read blsnowblaze's ISOS but didn't comment on the fake claims as I didnt see them as alignment indicative.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    HOW would a wold Vig know AV was the Seer?
    It was night 1!
    A vig firing blindly and killing the Seer when we already have a town network set up is indistinguishable from a wolf.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-06-06 at 09:25 AM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    I do have one thing to say. Rogue Alchemist confirmed that him and AV were switched meaning if the vig didn't know about the matter that the vig wanted to kill Rogue Alchemkst not AV.
    I think you missunderstood something.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Your explanation of vortexing seems weird to me. I wasn't saying that I was the kill target and it got switched. I was saying I targeted AV and got switched to targeting myself.
    So, rogue_alchemis is thinking about the Dionysus power of madness.

4. - Top - End - #484

Planetar

Sorry a bit dense, there are two powers that could have done what Rogue Alchemist said happened. Mystical might, or The Other Role of Dionysus. It's possible that the vig targeted Rogue Alchemist and was simply swapped to AV, instead via mystical might. Does anyone have any confirmation on if it's one power or the other?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you missunderstood something.

So, rogue_alchemis is thinking about the Dionysus power of madness.
    Yep I'm definitely s bit dense.

5. - Top - End - #485

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    A vig firing blindly and killing the Seer when we already have a town network set up is indistinguishable from a wolf.
    This would be true if was a habit of shooting blindly. Right now, we have exactly one datapoint.
    So no. Killing the Child of Zeus would be a much worse idea than killing you under the assumtion that you are a wolf and tried to kill someone, but the child of Dionysus made you drunk so you could not act.

6. - Top - End - #486

Planetar

Xihirli I do not feel comfortable with keeping my vote on Snowblaze at this time, when Xi is a valid target.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-06 at 10:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487

Sorry a bit dense, there are two powers that could have done what Rogue Alchemist said happened. Mystical might, or The Other Role of Dionysus. It's possible that the vig targeted Rogue Alchemist and was simply swapped to AV, instead via mystical might. Does anyone have any confirmation on if it's one power or the other?
    According to Apogee earlier in the thread, the Vig claimed to have aimed at AV.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #488

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    According to Apogee earlier in the thread, the Vig claimed to have aimed at AV.
    Yep dense. Tried to come up with why in the hell AV was shot by a Vig and that's all I could come up with.

9. - Top - End - #489

It was night 1!

So, I'd say:
    Apogee picks the next target for the Child of Zeus.
    For me it's not about Vig knowing AV was the Seer, but questioning why the vig thought AV was a good target in the first place. There were other Neutrals who may be harmful to the town and there are other targets who were seen as more suspicious (Valmark, Xi, anyone who only had a couple posts, even me).

I agree that Apogee should help the Child of Zeus target but that brings up the question again: why didn't the vig coordinate with Apogee/town in the first place? Before taking their first shot?

10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    If I don't post again before end of day and barring any unexpected miracles I guess I'll see y'all in the post-game discussion. It's been brief, frequently stressful and occasionally embarrassing... but pretty fun.
    Quoting this because it's completely applicable to me. Yeah. What that says.

Sorry for messing up, and if any child of Hades decides an idiot neutral is more useful than the Seer... you know how to find me.

Xihirli because I should vote a counterwagon and I prefer her to Valmark.

Long live the children of Dionysus. Maybe I can get a completely undeserved victory from beyond the grave. Let me hope, okay?

*sees totadile's vote* Wait... Xihirli is actually a plausible wagon?

Okay. Sure. Killing me is still optimal for town but I won't complain if you leave me alive.

I'm probably dead here anyway, so bye.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

This would be true if was a habit of shooting blindly. Right now, we have exactly one datapoint.
    So no. Killing the Child of Zeus would be a much worse idea than killing you under the assumtion that you are a wolf and tried to kill someone, but the child of Dionysus made you drunk so you could not act.
    Yeah, no. The evidence against me is... I was voided, and someone died in the night. The evidence in favor of the Vig is... they killed someone in the night.

Yep dense. Tried to come up with why in the hell AV was shot by a Vig and that's all I could come up with.
    Thank you. There was no justifiable reason for the vig to shoot AV, and "I killed our Seer" should not be giving the level of trust and towncred people seem way too happy to afford it. Frankly I'm suspicious of everyone who thinks this a good argument in favor of the "vig" being town.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one who sees holes in the "you were voided and the wolves didn't kill anyone" argument when our seer was killed? Really? I can't be. The narrations does nothing to contest this if a child of Zeus is a wolf.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-06-06 at 09:45 AM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #492

Wanna see what Apogee thinks of the discussion and... well, same for everyone who hasn't posted.

A little over 10 Hours left.

Vote Count:

Snowblaze (5): CaoimhinTheCape, Elenna, Zelphas, Bladescape, Valmark
    Valmark (3): JeenLeen, Murska, Xihirli
    Xihirli (4): Rogue_Alchemist, Rogan, Totadileplayz, Snowblaze
    Not Voting: Apogee
    No Posts: BookWombat, Flat-Footed, Libro, Mornshine, Shal06

13. - Top - End - #493

ClericGuy

Yeah, no. The evidence against me is... I was voided, and someone died in the night. The evidence in favor of the Vig is... they killed someone in the night.

Thank you. There was no justifiable reason for the vig to shoot AV, and "I killed our Seer" should not be giving the level of trust and towncred people seem way too happy to afford it. Frankly I'm suspicious of everyone who thinks this a good argument in favor of the "vig" being town.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one who sees holes in the "you were voided and the wolves didn't kill anyone" argument when our seer was killed? Really? I can't be. The narrations does nothing to contest this if a child of Zeus is a wolf.
    Two very simple answers:

The fact that the Seer was killed means exactly NOTHING for the simple reason that it was unknown that AV was the Seer.

In my understanding, Gacs answer about the power usage confirmes that a wolf child of zeus would give them another kill.

@Gac
    Can you confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    For me it's not about Vig knowing AV was the Seer, but questioning why the vig thought AV was a good target in the first place. There were other Neutrals who may be harmful to the town and there are other targets who were seen as more suspicious (Valmark, Xi, anyone who only had a couple posts, even me).

I agree that Apogee should help the Child of Zeus target but that brings up the question again: why didn't the vig coordinate with Apogee/town in the first place? Before taking their first shot?
    Well, it is AV? But more important: Does it matter?

The child of Zeus did claim now and can be directed by Apogee.
    If he does as told? Big Advantage for Town.
    If he does not do as told? He got one more night to be active. This IS bad if it gives the wolves a second kill, but relative harmless if it only improves the factional kill.

So, the cost of lynching a town killing power is high.
    The cost of keeping an unknown killing power alive for one more night in favor of killing another good target (either Snow or Xi, at the moment) is lower.

14. - Top - End - #494

Planetar

- - - Updated - - -

There are really only two possibilities. A) You Xihirli the person I have yet to see actually contribute in any game your in is a wolf. Legitimately you are not someone I could care less about irregardless of your alignment.

The Wolves and The Vig could not have known AV was the wolf unless Apogee is a wolf and informed the wolves about it.

B) The Vig is the wolf. I do not know who they are so I can't vote for them. They also need another data point for themselves.

These two results both make me need to actually try to glean more information from this voting cycle, and the best way to do that is what I'm doing now.

If we lynch you and you aren't a wolf Apogee will be obligated to tell us who the wolf killer is, likely during the night for the first wolf reveal so we can see the connections between them and other players in the game.

Snowblaze on the other hand is the most suspicious neutral of the game, but they are at least contributing to this game. So yes I feel out of two possible choices in attempting to sus out our first wolf Snowblaze is the worse choice on that front due to the contributing member dying.

This is why I feel comfortable with lynching you xihirli.

15. - Top - End - #495

Well, it is AV? But more important: Does it matter?

The child of Zeus did claim now and can be directed by Apogee.
    If he does as told? Big Advantage for Town.
    If he does not do as told? He got one more night to be active. This IS bad if it gives the wolves a second kill, but relative harmless if it only improves the factional kill.

So, the cost of lynching a town killing power is high.
    The cost of keeping an unknown killing power alive for one more night in favor of killing another good target (either Snow or Xi, at the moment) is lower.
    To me, it does matter that the Vig didn't come out to work with town when there was an obvious way to do so. Only showing up after the fact and saying "Oops" doesn't look good to me.

So, I'm not sure I would lynch the Vig today but I'm suspicious of them. Definitely need to direct them going forward. Xi's reaction makes a lot of sense to me and I'm reading her as town for all of this. To me, lynching a Neutral rather than someone who could be town (Xi) is a much better vote even before my town read of her.

16. - Top - End - #496

My being vortexed has nothing to do with AV. My power was switched to targeting myself, there isn't a power listed of "choose 2 people and their targets switch to the target of the other person" (that would be a really weird power).

I'm going to come out and say while BCH was lying and it is always a bad look, I didn't get wolf vibes and that is why I made my statement that ended up an argument with Rogan.

I'll take stand again: lying is a really bad look (even if accidental), but Snowblaze doesn't trigger my wolfdar as bad as Xi. Xi has lots of suspicious behavior, but people are writing it off as Xi is always weird. I agree she is, but this is a different weird than her normal and out of character behavior is a good way to find wolves.

Now having said that here is the points in favor of Snow: 1)she copped to Apogee before BCH was revealed. 2)she outed herself last night. 3) no counter wagons have formed to any real extent, meaning the wolves aren't even trying to save her.
    Counterpoint to consider: 1)she is a wolf and was trying to cover her trail when it became obvious she would be caught 2) she was trying to build town cred with this move. And 3) he wolf buddies are either bussing her to hide or are amoung those who haven't voted/posted yet.

I think Xi is a more obvious target (probably because I am so suspicious of her), but if we lynch Snow and she flips wolf I think her wolf buddies are going to be among the first 3-4 votes on her (good targets to investigate with night powers) and if she flips neutral, we need to look at the people who haven't really talked up to this point.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Astounded to say that I need to throw a self-preservation vote on Snowblaze against the argument "the wolves didn't kill anyone the night you were voided" when our seer was murdered in the night I was voided.

There are really only two possibilities. A) You Xihirli the person I have yet to see actually contribute in any game your in is a wolf. Legitimately you are not someone I could care less about irregardless of your alignment.
    Seriously? I was the only one who fingered AV as the Serial Killer in UPick and died pretty immediately in most of the other games in the recent catalogue in which I was town. I'll confess I seem to be a wolf or variant thereof more often than others, so I don't think I should be called out for not helping town in Crazier Idea or Smugglers where I... you know, wasn't.

Oh and this game right now I seem to be the only one sane enough to say "hey maybe the person who killed the seer is a wolf" so there's another contribution.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498

Now having said that here is the points in favor of Snow: 1)she copped to Apogee before BCH was revealed. 2)she outed herself last night. 3) no counter wagons have formed to any real extent, meaning the wolves aren't even trying to save her.
    Counterpoint to consider: 1)she is a wolf and was trying to cover her trail when it became obvious she would be caught 2) she was trying to build town cred with this move. And 3) he wolf buddies are either bussing her to hide or are amoung those who haven't voted/posted yet.
    Snow does have a few points for her, but there very much are other counterwagons. It's 5v4v3 right now, which I would call very close and wolves could be trying to save wolf!Snow.

I think if any of the people who haven't posted yet come in to vote that'll tell us a lot, especially after the flip. I'm kind of expecting votes to pile in on someone later today, I just don't know who. But any of the wagons has a good chance of being lynched at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote Count:

Snowblaze (6): CaoimhinTheCape, Elenna, Zelphas, Bladescape, Valmark, Xihirli
    Valmark (2): JeenLeen, Murska
    Xihirli (4): Rogue_Alchemist, Rogan, Totadileplayz, Snowblaze
    Not Voting: Apogee
    No Posts: BookWombat, Flat-Footed, Libro, Mornshine, Shal06

19. - Top - End - #499

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    To me, it does matter that the Vig didn't come out to work with town when there was an obvious way to do so. Only showing up after the fact and saying "Oops" doesn't look good to me.

So, I'm not sure I would lynch the Vig today but I'm suspicious of them. Definitely need to direct them going forward. Xi's reaction makes a lot of sense to me and I'm reading her as town for all of this. To me, lynching a Neutral rather than someone who could be town (Xi) is a much better vote even before my town read of her.
    To make it clear, I don't think the Vig looks good. But now, Apogee has a claim and can direct him.
    This is a benefit for town. Even if we don't trust him, we can use him.

Xis plan of lynching would rob us of this option.

20. - Top - End - #500

Planetar

Astounded to say that I need to throw a self-preservation vote on Snowblaze against the argument "the wolves didn't kill anyone the night you were voided" when our seer was murdered in the night I was voided.

Seriously? I was the only one who fingered AV as the Serial Killer in UPick and died pretty immediately in most of the other games in the recent catalogue in which I was town. I'll confess I seem to be a wolf or variant thereof more often than others, so I don't think I should be called out for not helping town in Crazier Idea or Smugglers where I... you know, wasn't.

Oh and this game right now I seem to be the only one sane enough to say "hey maybe the person who killed the seer is a wolf" so there's another contribution.
    Then you have a line of quotes of making it clear we shouldn't trust you, what you are doing in this is against your nature, and still being more of a meme that even if you do something reasonable I still can't trust you, as I can not see you seriously working for the benefit of the town.

Snowblaze is a known liar. Eh fudge it Snowblaze. We need to know the alignment of the vig and we can wait one more day on that front.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-06 at 10:44 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, you're right, my plan of lynching would just... kill a wolf. Silly me, thinking that would be something you'd want, Rogan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Orange means suspicion but no vote and if I weren't on Self-preservation you can bet that name would be red

- - - Updated - - -

Then you have a line of quotes of making it clear we shouldn't trust you, what you are doing in this is against your nature, and still being more of a meme that even if you do something reasonable I still can't trust you, as I can not see you seriously working for the benefit of the town.
    Since when do I have to follow your rules for what being chaotic is?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502

ClericGuy

You keep saying 'he killed the Seer' while this would only be relevant if there would be a way for the Vig to KNOW AV was the Seer.
    Do you think the wolves knew AV was the Seer? If yes? Why?

23. - Top - End - #503

- - - Updated - - -

This is the first useful thing Xi has posted, but it is still so out of character that she hasn't once begged us to kill her or point out why she is a good target. I think wolf buddies have pressured her into stopping because she has some useful power to them.

24. - Top - End - #504

Oooookay so.

First of all, there are very much counterwagons. (I was suspicious of Xi as Apogee can confirm before the votes came in. She was second on my "To lynch" list in my QT with him.) but I don't like how quickly this wagon has shown up in a few hours on the LAST 12 hours before end of day.

Secondly, Admitting to Apogee and outing herself are easily still in the realm of wolf-ploys. The effort at analysis is a point in her favour. Her realising her nameclaim was wrong/faked is not.

Light sus on Rogue if it pleases the court. I would like to follow this up depending on how Snow flips. If Snow flips dumb neutral remove it.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

This is the first useful thing Xi has posted, but it is still so out of character that she hasn't once begged us to kill her or point out why she is a good target. I think wolf buddies have pressured her into stopping because she has some useful power to them.
    Sure.

Nooooo kill me I promise it's a good idea and won't blow up in your face
    But while we're on the subject!
    This is something I'm not a fan of seeing, it's years out of date so question:
    Do you really think people would play these games with me if being silly and chaotic was really all I did?

Sitting at the table means to a certain extent I accept the rules of the game. Some roles I've gotten, Rita Skeeter, Madwoman, have allowed me to go nuts and not really worry too much because I didn't have any teammates to let down. Some roles, any town roles or wolf roles with teammates, haven't. And in those cases I'm silly, I joke, I have fun with the persona, but I'm on a team so I play the game with everyone so I'm not just ruining the game for everyone. So cut this "Xihirli isn't being helpful, let's kill her / Xihirli is being too helpful, let's kill her" damned if you do/don't garbage, everyone sees what you're doing, offer actual analysis.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506

Planetar

There are 3 valid targets.

1 is an unknown vig.
    Another is Xihirli.

If either of these flip town the other is a wolf we will definitely kill the other day 3.

Snowblaze.

This one doesn't have mandatory allies, though they are known for lying and their role is sus by itself.

We need to kill a wolf as soon as possible. So what do we do in this world?

Apogee won't reveal The Vig unless it's necessary. So this is why Xihirli is a good target. It reveals the possible wolf nk so we can target them tomorrow.

Then There's Snowblaze who frankly in a weird sense they are accepting of their death, they understand why and aren't pushing to stay alive as much as I'd expect any wolf would. No matter how unlikely it is I believe Snowblaze may legitimately be an incompetent neutral. This is weird and frankly logically i can not say that having that belief is a good thing but it is present.

It's a possible day 2 wolf lynch, and with xihirli's pursuit we have a definite wolf lynch by day 3.

Snowblaze on the other hand is just a possible day 2 wolf lynch.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

My understanding of Apogee's post is that the vig claimed to have targeted AV, not rogue or anyone else. Which means Would like confirmation of that from Apogee, though.

It was night 1!
    Not sure about Xi, but I'm not saying the vig knew AV was the seer. That was just a stroke of either really good or really bad luck for them, depending on their alignment.
    What I'm saying is that a town vig would have had a lot of better options for targets, like Snowblaze, or anyone who people were suspicious of D1. A wolf vig, on the other hand, would have had good reason to kill town!AV just because they're a good player, even without knowing they were the seer. So wolf vig just makes more sense.

That being said, if the vig is a wolf, then obviously wolves and vig would not have both targeted the same person. So that does also make me more suspicious of Xi, by removing another possibility for the missing wolf kill.

Okay, I'll give you some benefit of doubt. Your statement that you think I'm town might again influence my behaviour.
    What about Snowblaze's post made you want to trust her?

My point was to get more info out to town. I was "blocked" in one form or another last night from performing my night action, so that is one less blocker out there to account for. I agree that AV could have been double targeted or hard to kill could have survived, we don't know. I had a strong scumread on Xi D1 so with them also being blocked and there not being may blocks, it seems pretty likely (at least 1/3 chance from your list, which is pretty good D2) Xi is the wolf killer and was blocked.
    Okay, but you weren't actually blocked, you still performed your action, right? You just performed it on yourself. Which might be pointless for you, but it's not pointless if the target of the redirect is a wolf doing a kill. So I think there was no need to account for that action, since it's irrelevant to the question of "why did wolves not kill", and therefore you just gave wolves some information about your power with no benefit to town.
    (To clarify, I don't think this was a wolf move on your part, since if you were a wolf there'd be no need for you to hint about your role to other wolves. I just think it was a bad move.)
    Oh well, not like there's any way to change that now.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    To answer Elenna's questions without quoting:

The wolf that makes the night kill will also have full access to any role powers they have.

The induce madness does choose the new target. Any role (With some obvious exceptions) may target themself.
    Thanks! I think you may have misunderstood my second question, though - I was asking if the player with Induce Madness could target the same person twice. Eg can they pick a Player A, and then redirect Player A to Player A.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

28. - Top - End - #508

Planetar

Seeing as how I just explained my logic for how it might legitimately be more beneficial for town to lynch Xihirli. I'll be voting for her again. I dont think this is flawed at least.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-06 at 11:39 AM.

29. - Top - End - #509

So does Totodile know something I don't?

Because they seem pretty sure one of Vig or Xi is wolf.

Possible options where this is just false:

Town!Vig hits AV - Wolves also target AV
    Town!Vig hits AV - Wolves hit Ares 2life

Or other way:
    Wolf!Vig targets AV - Xi is voided and that stops the standard wolf kill.

Now I might be delusional but this one or the other play is ****ing weird.

Also about to sleep. See you all a few hours before deadline

30. - Top - End - #510

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    So does Totodile know something I don't?

Because they seem pretty sure one of Vig or Xi is wolf.

Possible options where this is just false:

Town!Vig hits AV - Wolves also target AV
    Town!Vig hits AV - Wolves hit Ares 2life

Or other way:
    Wolf!Vig targets AV - Xi is voided and that stops the standard wolf kill.

Now I might be delusional but this one or the other play is ****ing weird.

Also about to sleep. See you all a few hours before deadline
    If they hit the two lifer the two lifer should have informed us about that fact. The Description for AV's kill only included lightning thus while supposedly possible are unlikely.