New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

[Descended from the Sky]

"Oh, well, that's good then," Geneva replies, taking the hand in one of her... paw... claw... things. She's actually quite dexterous and can bend in ways that one might not expect a quadruped to manage. "Geneva Richards. And that certainly sounds like a noble thing to do. Skyside is..."

Not nice.

Not very nice at all is what Skyside is.

"I can't really make decisions like that for VIGIL, but I can make a call to the leadership and see what they think?"
    Geneva offers. She raises her left foreleg up to her face and speaks into the wrist computer affixed to it. "Message to Commanders Wenomir and Cessie: An individual has arrived with intent to raid the Skyside slave pins with the aid of an associate. They're hoping that VIGIL may be able to provide temporary shelter to the people freed. We're currently at the south landing pad near the island's rim."

The wrist-top makes a little tone to acknowledge that the message has been sent.

"Well! I might be a few minutes before one of the commanders arrives, Miss Marls. Do you mind if I admire your armor in the mean time? The design is fascinating," Geneva says. "It reminds me of some of the power armor models we had back home. With, heh, with obvious changes for the morphology of the wearer, of course."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"Of course. I'd be happy to share some of my specs," Kathy says, a smile clear in her voice, "What do you want to know about it? Some parts of it have to stay confidential for what's probably obvious reasons, but I'm always happy to discuss my work."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

Tiffany is sitting in the front, since Adir told her to.
    It was probably thanks to all those illusion-ghosts or whatever they were that she mistook zip-ties with shooting her. After all, they were pretty spooky and designed to be intimidating, so it's no wonder she mistook what the fake ones were doing with what the real ones actually said.

Anyway, her couple gunshot wounds and the knife-wound are first-aided and have bandages wrapping them, which is a good thing because that purple gunk Requiem used to fill in her wounds had started to dissolve at about halfway between AMEN and here.

She's sure they have a ton of interrogation planned for her to find out who she is and why AMEN was supposedly holding her there and how she halfway escaped on her own and so on...but, recognizing they have far more pressing questions - like, Raven is Ilpholin? The Ilpholin is fake? The fake-Ilpholin probably needs constant care throughout the truck drive, as well, so of course they're busy with that. And what does this say about the demons, giving AMEN a fake Ilpholin? Why did nobody know that the fake-Ilpholin was fake? Who even is the fake? Out of all these questions, which ones are they going to ask Tiffany about? What does she even know about any of what went on? And, seriously, why are there two Ilpholins? Is it, like, a clone? Were the demons also trying to do some sort of sleeper agent thing, or were they just trying to punk AMEN?
    So she respects the priority of things and just sits there quietly, staring out the window, also trying to figure out what went on. And keeping pressure on her wounds. Seriously, why did she choose to get so many? Only two would have been enough.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-12-26 at 01:32 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #1444

[South Landing Pad]

"Oh!" Geneva's ears perk up here. "You made it? That's wonderful! What did you use to machine the parts?"

Geneva is always on the lookout for good part-making machines. Given the amount of custom work she does something that's flexible is pretty important.

The hippogriff paces around the suit, looking at it from various sides.

She seems particularly curious about the thrusters.

"Sustained flight can be pretty tough when you have to rely on solid or liquid chemical fuels, so it must run on something else," she gives a adorkable little snorting laugh here. "Unless it does and you just got yourself stuck up here. But that doesn't seem likely to me."

The hippogriff sits back down so she can wave one paw in a 'hold on a moment' sort of gesture.

"No, wait, don't tell me. Maybe I can figure it out. Would you mind firing your thrusters for a second or so?" she asks, backing up several paces and spreading her own wings wide.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"Ah, but that's just it! I didn't machine it!" Kathy says proudly, "One of the best inventions I ever put together was a metal and chemical 3D printer. You just have to use the design works application I've got installed with it to put together the design of what you want, and it'll start building it from the ground up in the design and layers you want. Easily the best thing I've ever built, bar none."

And then a request to show off the thrusters!

"Sure, one second," Kathy will activate the jets and will hover slightly off the ground, the thrusters in her heels and on her back glowing white. There's surprisingly little wind pressure involved in something that's lifting a ton and a half of metal, and while Geneva won't detect any magic, she may be able to determine that the thrusters are manipulating both gravity and magnetism to achieve thrust; the gravitics mitigate the weight of the machine, while the magnetic thrust allows for actual flight to be achieved. The clever may realize that this is a principle that'd work well for space flight, as it relies almost solely on energy output rather than fuel sources.

Of course, that begs the question of what the energy source actually is. In this case? A star. And not "A star far away in space", but rather an active fusion reaction inside four four-inch rods inside the mech's chassis near the back, each fusion rod creating a star about the size of a pin-head and some incredibly efficient energy gathering.

6. - Top - End - #1446

[South Landing Pad]

"Hehe, thank the Princesses for three dimensional printers. I've got a few that I use mostly for prototyping. A laser-based one that works in metal. But... there are some pretty major issues with durability," Geneva replies. "It can make a part, but the parts don't hold up well under mechanical stress. You must have found a way to address that problem? I mean, you MUST have since your suit is flying around instead of flying apart."

It can be a pretty major problem when your power armor decides to start going to pieces while mid-flight.

When the thrusters fire Geneva hums thoughtfully. She twitches her wings this way and that, pinions spread wide. Her feathers flutter slightly in the breeze.

"Hmm... no thaumatic wash, so it isn't magically powered. But it is producing a gravitational shadow like flight magic does. The thrust is different, though. Obviously, since it isn't magical," Geneva muses aloud. She gives her wings a few flaps. "Oh, wow, haha! That's a pretty strong electro-magnetic field! No wonder you made it out of metals that can't be magnetized. That would cause some real problems otherwise."

Geneva folds her wings again, peering at it curiously.

"How do you stop your thrusters from picking up every single stray paperclip, nail, and screw that you fly over? Did you find a way to synthesize magnetic monopoles?" she asks, a hint of excitement creeping into her voice. After all, it isn't every day that you meet somepon-eer someone who might have figured out to create an extremely illusive hypothetical particle.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-12-26 at 02:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"The durability problem is actually an issue with my printer as well, actually," Kathy says, also talking animatedly, "But once you understand plasma-based carbon realignment, you can restructure the molecules in virtually any material you can bombard to get the effects you want. You can even turn a sword into a (kind of impure) diamond, if you mess with it correctly! It makes constructing proper metals actually very easy, since you don't need to worry about exact composition when you can basically edit it after construction. It even makes diamene weave a much clearer proposition to construct!" It's what she built her flight suit out of, after all.

Kathy will cut the thrusters, landing with a large thump back onto the landing pad, "No, no monopoles here. What's actually happening is a force shunt - I'm guiding the unwanted magnetic pull into a circuit that bleeds off energy so that there's only a single observable effect. It does mean I end up pretty obvious to any sort of magnetic sensors, but there's not a lot I can do about that given the fusion cells I use to power my mech."

8. - Top - End - #1448

[South Landing Pad]

"That sounds... pretty amazing, actually," Geneva hums. "I'll admit that materials science really isn't my specialization. Most of my work involves Neighnstine-Roseluck bridges, teleportation. But I've had to dabble a bit in materials science since you need some pretty exotic materials to get a teleporter working properly."

Like negative mass.

Negative mass is a pain in the rump to work with.

"My most recent project is meant to be a rapid one-way deployment system for VIGIL so we can be more agile in our ability to respond to threats. The current iteration is actually looking pretty promising!"

It hasn't blown up!

Yet.

She watches Kathy settle back to the ground again and gives a small nod, though she's pretty curious about something. "If you're able to create a gravitational shadow with your equipment why did you choose a magnetic thruster? I've run into a few systems that use inertial impulse fields combining gravity and dark energy to produce thrust. If you're already working with gravity that doesn't seem like TOO much of a jump."

Geneva isn't terribly fond of the term 'dark energy'. Never has been since she learned it. Magic! It's the most common, basic form a thaumatic field takes. But maybe that's just her own home universe. And the few times she's met other engineers using 'dark energy' in their inventions they took issue with Geneva calling it magic. One of them was even insulted by the insinuation and she would rather not see a repeat of that.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"Fear of exploding, mostly. External impulses with gravitic equipment can create negative feedback, and given my mech is meant to operate on planets at a near-human scale, I'm constantly going to be dealing with the fluctuations of the planet's gravity well. Magnetic thrust equipment is a lot easier to trust; the worst thing that can happen to them is they get overpowered, in which case they sputter and die, but that's only going to happen if I start flying over the north pole or something," that may be something Geneva hadn't considered; when you're working with materials, you've gotta take into account the material stresses, versus magic where it's mostly just energy movement instead - still dangerous, but doesn't rely on the same kind of focused precision you have to look at for this.

"I mean, I could make a custom gravitics engine that tries to take all that into account, but it'd probably be a lot larger than I was aiming for with this. My magnetism systems can be small enough to put in the palm of a normal human's hand. I'd generally only do a full-sized gravitic warp system if I was, say, making a starship."

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Spooky VIGIL Encounters]

Wenomir closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Time to make this sound a bit better for the kids' sake.

"She got me, yes. I chased her off and she reversed the changes on you, but did this to me before running away. I'll be fine. We should get you home to your parents."

Cora looks at Wenomir with a critical eye. "Does that mean you're stuck right now? Oh, it's like you're a sword girl like me." Cora giggles. It doesn't seem that serious if she and Laela were already fixed, right?

Bastion frowns at his sister. Can't she see Wenomir's upset? He steps out from behind her and looks past Wenomir. "What about the person that got turned into a sheep?" He thinks he can see her over there. Being a sheep isn't good!

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

As Kathy and Geneva speak, one of Vigil's leaders arrives after being called upon. Wenomir is there in his formal dress, including a long surcoat over his armor and the Answer in longsword form at his hip. He can hear what they're talking about from a distance and is thankful that this... robot? Is here for something else, since he can't understand a word of it.

"Geneva. Your message said something about helping shelter escaped slaves."

Wenomir frowns a little at Cora. She's not treating this situation as seriously as she should be.

"I'm sure those transformations can be removed. But Lapis was turned into a sheep while helping you and she's upset about it, so you should go and say thank you to her."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Outside - Truck]

The mawsphere escapes Adir's regard for the time being, but it might only be because he's distracted with the two women.

"Um... I never once said anything about shooting you. I suggested zip ties because you seemed sketchy as hell, but even I wasn't really fully cool with that," Adir says, frowning at Tiffany. His eyes flick to 'Raven' when she says his wife's name... and can't decide between a groan and a shocked gape when she says she's Ilpholin. "Man, what the hell is going on here. One Ilpholin is enough to handle, now there's two of you?"

The stag grimaces when he finally realizes how hurt Tiffany is. "Wenomir." He'll uncinch a first aid kit from the back of his belt and simply hold it out to the warrior. "You and Spiffy Tiff here up front with me. Everyone else in the back. Let's just boogie back to VIGIL for right now."

And boogie they will, if everyone's ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

Tiffany is sitting in the front, since Adir told her to.
    It was probably thanks to all those illusion-ghosts or whatever they were that she mistook zip-ties with shooting her. After all, they were pretty spooky and designed to be intimidating, so it's no wonder she mistook what the fake ones were doing with what the real ones actually said.

Anyway, her couple gunshot wounds and the knife-wound are first-aided and have bandages wrapping them, which is a good thing because that purple gunk Requiem used to fill in her wounds had started to dissolve at about halfway between AMEN and here.

She's sure they have a ton of interrogation planned for her to find out who she is and why AMEN was supposedly holding her there and how she halfway escaped on her own and so on...but, recognizing they have far more pressing questions - like, Raven is Ilpholin? The Ilpholin is fake? The fake-Ilpholin probably needs constant care throughout the truck drive, as well, so of course they're busy with that. And what does this say about the demons, giving AMEN a fake Ilpholin? Why did nobody know that the fake-Ilpholin was fake? Who even is the fake? Out of all these questions, which ones are they going to ask Tiffany about? What does she even know about any of what went on? And, seriously, why are there two Ilpholins? Is it, like, a clone? Were the demons also trying to do some sort of sleeper agent thing, or were they just trying to punk AMEN?
    So she respects the priority of things and just sits there quietly, staring out the window, also trying to figure out what went on. And keeping pressure on her wounds. Seriously, why did she choose to get so many? Only two would have been enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    AMEN Debrief

Adir has to force himself not to take wondering peeks at 'Raven' and 'Ilpholin' while they ride along in the back. They make it back to VIGIL without much trouble.

"Where am I parking this thing, Wenomir?" He's not exactly familiar with the grounds. Is there even any way to reach the base in a truck, or are they gonna move to a shuttle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

Wenomir has been silent, saving questions for when the possibly-fake Ilpholin has been stabilized and given proper medical care. He is not happy about the confusing aftermath of the mission, so his silence is of the disgruntled kind.

"I'll call a skyship big enough to carry your truck," he says. "Best not to move her more than we need to."

[AMEN Debrief]

"Oh come now Adir." Raven smirks and runs a hand along her side. "I know you've dreamed of handling two of me at least once." She laughs, as if it were just a joke.

Raven grabs the side of the truck and flips herself up into the back of the truck. She spends the ride thoughtfully watching Ilphy and glancing at the guarded Anika with a smile. Otherwise she remains silent and patient. Resting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Bugbear in the Playground

A Visit

Faith nods again as Laz explains her plans. "Mm, I get it." She pauses once the knight finishes, glancing down at her notes as she either seem to consider something or wait to see if Laz had anything else to add.
    "Sounds extremely rough, I'll try to keep the commentary light though considering the time constraints this puts on you." The journalist smiles appologetically. "But speaking of time constraints, why VIGIL? You're taking quite a risk by forcing yourself to leave the city for longer periods of time so it must be quite important to you in some way."

[AMEN Debrief]

"Does he now?" Anika waggles her eyesbrows as she looks between Adir and Ilpholion(?). Despite the seriousness of the situation she can't quite muster the same somber attitude as Wenomir. In fact, she looks just as ready to laugh as Raven.

She leans in conspiratorially. "His wife is open to that sort of thing?" She not-quite whispers.
    It doesn't appear like she's expecting a reply though as her attention is turned to Tiffany. "But hey, we've arrived! Get out of the car and I'll fix you up, gally." She will get out as soon as Adir stops the truck and will move around to the front seat to be able to greet Tiffany. "You got any, uh, curses or diseases? Y'know, stuff that would prevent magical healing." She had trained years to remember to ask that before she went for it. Though she mostly healed people she already knew so it had never really come up before.

14. - Top - End - #1454

[South Landing Pad]

"I'm honestly curious where my home world's space program would have gone if not for the war..." Geneva says with a wistful sigh. It looks like she's about to say more on that, but then Wenomir arrives! The hippogriff perks up right away. "I did. Miss Katherine Marls, this is Commander Wenomir. Commander, Miss Marls is planning on mounting a raid on one of the slaver facilities at Skyside. She's going to need somewhere to house the freed captives until they can make their way home."

Assuming they can get home at all.

The slavers might be the sort that wipe out whole communities.

[Spooky Encounters]

Lapis makes a rather pitiful snuffling noise as she shuffles toward Wenomir and the kids.

She's so round it's hard to walk!

This is terrible!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-12-27 at 01:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"Even if they can't be housed here, my associate and I don't currently have the resources to house them," Kathy says, her tone switching to business, "VIGIL has connections and goodwill in various places, so I imagine establishing a refuge for freed slaves would be easier for you than it would be for us; we expect that any slavers we don't but to the sword, explode, or set on fire are going to end up wanting to take revenge, and the clearest way to do that is going to be going after the camps or us. As a result, somewhere either hidden or defensible would probably be best, so that we can focus on simply defending ourselves, rather than a group of noncombatants."

"I'm not requesting this for free, however. I'm a cybertechnician and engineer, and I'd be willing to provide some of my inventions in exchange for the service - perhaps your medical facilities could benefit from some automated surgery beds, or you'd appreciate some quality armaments. I can provide both."

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"We don't normally perform services for a reward," Wenomir says, staring up at the mech. There's a person in there, he thinks. He's spoken to robots and they're different than this. "But in this case, it aligns with our goals, so it's acceptable. Who is this associate of yours?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

Kathy is quiet for a moment after Wenomir denies needing compensation. That's not really something she has experience with, and it's making her oddly suspicious of Wenomir. Who the hell takes the work part of the bargain, but doesn't accept a reward? She's not about to let herself go back into debt; this'll have to be handled one way or another before it comes back to bite.

When she speaks, she says, "My associate chooses to remain anonymous for the moment, but he's not anybody you have reason to quarrel with if that's your concern. Is the fact that he has an altruistic purpose in mind not sufficient?"

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"It's a start, but if we're going to cooperate with them, we do need to know something," Wenomir says. "I'm a direct man with little patience for secrecy. Many of our people are of a similar mind. Why does your associate want to remain anonymous? We're not going to talk to the slavers about this."

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"Because if you knew his name, it'd provoke a needless fight," Kathy states simply, "Pointless hostilities due to past grievances, real or imagined, wouldn't help anybody here, which is why I'm the one acting as the liaison. It's more diplomatic this way."

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

"Magtok, then. I'm not surprised." Wenomir's voice is level even as his eyes narrow slightly. Magtok is the only one with means for such an operation and a grudge against Vigil, while also being cowardly enough to hide. Reinholdt would also fit the bill, but he approached Vigil openly before. DC is dead, and such deception wasn't his style. "I don't know if you trust him, but if you do, you shouldn't. We will take in and defend any slaves you liberate, though."

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

Kathy let's out a dismayed grunt, "... Yes, it's Magtok. As to his trustworthiness, I have reason to believe he won't betray me. I matter too much to both him personally and his plans going forward. I'll let him know you're willing to take the slaves once we liberate them."

Unless stopped, Kathy will turn her mech away, intending to start her thrusters and take off.

22. - Top - End - #1462

[South Landing Pad]

Geneva doesn't stop Kathy from departing either.

Technically speaking, Magtok had been the one to argue that Geneva should be allowed into VIGIL to run her lab to begin with.

So... She really isn't totally sure how she feels about the situation.

It may have been bias on Magtok's part, though. Everyone knows how he gets about women who are partly cat.

She watches the woman in power armor take off before giving a little cough.

"So... the Mark-13 version of the rapid deployment teleporter is working?" she offers hopefully. "I've run it through twenty three test-transports so far and it hasn't caught on fire yet."

A rousing success by any definition of the word!

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

Wenomir watches Kathy fly away. Sooner or later, she'll have her trust in Magtok broken. On purpose or by accident. He does wonder how he managed to convince her she matters to him. But then, he's good at it. Wrapped the whole damn Nexus around his finger back in the day. Words have always mattered more here than actions, an endless source of frustration to those who rely on the latter and are poor at using the former.

He looks at Geneva as she breaks the awkward silence and his inner listing of grievances.

"Excellent. How many people can it transport? I do look forward to finally getting the drop on someone instead of the other way around."

24. - Top - End - #1464

[South Landing Pad]

"About three thousand kilograms of people and equipment," Geneva replies with a nod.

This is WAY less of an awkward conversation topic than Magtok-related things.

"I'm hoping to improve the capacity with the next iteration as well as reducing the bulk of the device itself. The cycle-time is an issue at the moment, too. It takes approximately twenty four hours for local spacetime to- eer..."

Geneva scrunches up her face a bit.

Right.

Avoid jargon with Wenomir.

"It takes a day before it can be used again. I'm hoping to reduce that by giving the process a little more finesse in future iterations. But for now the Mark-13 is ready for use. Provided the target location is in the Nexus it takes about three minutes for the machine to create a temporary bridge."

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

[South Landing Pad]

Wenomir nods, smiling.

"Excellent. I look forward to seeing the look on some villain's face when we drop in like this."

26. - Top - End - #1466

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    A Visit

Faith nods again as Laz explains her plans. "Mm, I get it." She pauses once the knight finishes, glancing down at her notes as she either seem to consider something or wait to see if Laz had anything else to add.
    "Sounds extremely rough, I'll try to keep the commentary light though considering the time constraints this puts on you." The journalist smiles apologetically. "But speaking of time constraints, why VIGIL? You're taking quite a risk by forcing yourself to leave the city for longer periods of time so it must be quite important to you in some way."
    Saint Lazarus shakes her head. "Well obviously it's not enough just to mitigate the harm I'm doing. If all I do is eat bad people, that's still not really making the world a better place, is it? Just balancing out the evil with more evil, really. If I have to be like this, I want to be able to take all that hate and hunger and anger and point it at a higher cause. I have to leave this world a better place than I found it, to do good just to spite whatever divine ****sucker decided this was going to be my fate. Oh, oops, hold on, am I not supposed to swear for this?" That would be a shame, if she just ruined the entire recording just my mouthing off a little towards some nameless divine master of destinies. It'd also serve her right, talking about me like that. Rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Landing Pad - Vigil Skybase

Arriving alone is a man of slightly above-average height and build clad in a suit of futuristic kevlar. Layered plates of some high-tech metallic material form a kind of breastplate upon the vigilante, with the same metal having been cast into bulky gauntlets and greaves to allow for additional protection. A number of small rectangular panels have been built into the armor, most of which glow with a soft white or red LED light. A black helmet rests upon the figure's head, supported by a kevlar cowl which obscures all but the man's lower face, which is itself secured by a metallic chin-strap.

The vigilante drags a hexagonal-patterned cloak behind him as he strides forward into Vigil, and a powerful looking firearm can be seen at his belt. Should he notice anyone who appears to know the area, he'll attempt to he'll make a calm request, his voice mechanized.

--

Spoiler: Vigilante Reference
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Halfling in the Playground

[Spooky Encounters]

"Thanks Wenomir," Laela says after a minute, hurrying up and giving him a hug on the leg. She looks up at him with large, honest eyes. "...I'm sorry this happened. If it makes you feel better, you're a really pretty sword girl. She just made the rest of us look silly."

She leans around Wenomir and looks at Lapis. "Oh no!" She scurries over to do like Wenomir says. Maybe Lapis will feel a little better when she gets a tackle-hug too. "I'm sorry miss Lapis! We haven't met but I'm Laela. Me and my dad and my auntie will make sure you get back normal quick, okay?"

[AMEN Debrief]

"Ilphy, babe, if that's actually you, I'm not in the mood for jokes," said the stag, driving them away. Stepping on the gas seemed to agitate every fresh bruise on his body, and it makes pain shoot along the side of his leg, but he's gotten pretty good at ignoring those sensations over the years.

In the present, Adir parks the truck and kicks his door open to slip out. Gotta wait for the dropship anyways.

"...Goddammit, Anika, why didn't you say something when we were leaving? We could have just had you in front to begin with." The stag unclasps his ballistic mask and pulls it away from a face streaked with sweat and darkened around the eyes with black grease-paint. He puts his hands on his hips and arches his back forward, stretching his sore body. Again his eyes track back to 'Raven'. "What happened? Where have you been?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2019-12-29 at 06:23 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

The skyship is incoming now; won't be long until it touches down and the truck can drive in. There's a medical team onboard to start stabilizing the fake Ilpholin immediately, before she can be transported to the clinic.

"Won't be long now. I've asked for the skyship to bring a team of medics that will treat her before she's brought to the clinic. I don't know what the hell happened back there. Did AMEN think they've got the real Ilpholin or were they just fooling us all along? That would be too smart for them by half."

30. - Top - End - #1470

[Landing Pad - Vigil Skybase]

Well you know what?

There just so happens to be someone named Geneva at a landing pad at this very moment! "I'm Geneva," she says somewhat hesitantly. Seems like there have been lots of people in power armor showing up recently. The last one didn't look quite so intimidating, though.

The hippogriff is pretty big, somewhere between the size of a lion and a horse. Certainly large enough that that someone could ride on her back. The fact that she's wearing clothing quickly dispels any notion that this is some mere beast. Her large lavender eyes are alert and intelligent and the edges of her beak turn up in a smile. Her front half looks akin to a harpy eagle with front legs a mix of bird and feline while the back half is that of a dappled grey and white mare. She has a lion's tail ending in a (currently folded) fan of feathers. She's wearing an old fashioned bombardier's leather jacket fitted for her unusual body type. On her haunches is emblazoned a purple hurricane symbol superimposed over a white cloud, surrounded by five smaller clouds. It doesn't appear to be painted on, the fur and skin under it match the color, yielding a rather crisp image.

She turns toward the newcomer, studying him carefully, her large triangular ears perked forward.

"It's a bit unusual that people come here looking for me specifically," she notes, sitting down on her haunches and giving her wings a fluff as she refolds them. A few stray under-feathers drift away and are quickly caught in the breeze. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Obviously that must be the case. Otherwise he wouldn't be looking for her, right?