New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    If it helps, just think of them as humans in pony suits. That's pretty much how everything is done anyway.
    I guess? It doesn't really help as Cadance and Rarity are the only real adults who either reflect adults in how they do things, or reflect adults in their neuroses and insecurities behid closed doors. Or would that be projection?

Cadance is best princess, at least. And the only one that should be running Equestria.
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-02-09 at 03:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Schismatic View Post
    Cadance is best princess, at least. And the only one that should be running Equestria.
    I agree with you on the first point, but that Celestia has maintained a stable government pretty-near utopia for longer than many nations on Earth have even existsed definitely disputes the second.

3. - Top - End - #873

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I agree with you on the first point, but that Celestia has maintained a stable government pretty-near utopia for longer than many nations on Earth have even existsed definitely disputes the second.
    Yeah, but the Crystal Empire has only been returned for a few years, Cadance has an immediate heir-apparent, and her biggest trials and tribulation is dealng with boredom.

Plus working class pegasi making good.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

So I finally published my own book! For those of you who are interested, you can find it here

The story is about a priest who finds a baby dragon inside his church and decides to protect it.

Sadly, it's not really pony related at all. Now I'm off to sea to go count fish. Assuming the captain doesn't come to his senses and decides to NOT go out fishing in the middle of a snow storm. Which is expected to last until Wednesday.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So I finally published my own book! For those of you who are interested, you can find it here
    Neat! Was it difficult to get it published that way?

Now I'm off to sea to go count fish. Assuming the captain doesn't come to his senses and decides to NOT go out fishing in the middle of a snow storm. Which is expected to last until Wednesday.
    Yeah, don't do that thing they do on Deadliest Catch. It looks to be very unfun.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #876
    Colossus in the Playground

Just now I passed a girl in the street with blue hair, pony ears, giant headphones, white shirt, straight up doing the Vinyl Scratch dance from the Rainbow Rocks short down the road.

Obviously I gave this legend a high five.

Not what I was expecting to see today.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Just now I passed a girl in the street with blue hair, pony ears, giant headphones, white shirt, straight up doing the Vinyl Scratch dance from the Rainbow Rocks short down the road.

https://xkcd.com/108/

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Neat! Was it difficult to get it published that way?

Yeah, don't do that thing they do on Deadliest Catch. It looks to be very unfun.
    Not really. I got in a weird argument with my artist who really didn't want to write the name of my book on the front cover. They wanted me to do it for some reason. But Amazon has a pretty nice program for self-publishing.

I'm an observer, so thankfully all I have to do is count the fish. I don't have to touch (and indeed, I'm not allowed to) the nets or interact with any of the equipment.

That's awesome.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #879

The story is about a priest who finds a baby dragon inside his church and decides to protect it.

Sadly, it's not really pony related at all. Now I'm off to sea to go count fish. Assuming the captain doesn't come to his senses and decides to NOT go out fishing in the middle of a snow storm. Which is expected to last until Wednesday.
    Honestly, super kudos on this. A book is a huge project and putting it out there into the big, wild world is a serious thing. Congratulations.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, congrats!

On the book thing, I mean. The being stuck at sea in a snow storm doesn't sound congrats-able … congrats-worthy? I dno what word I'm looking for here. Stay safe though!

To keep this pony related - anyone up for some nostalgia wrapped in nostalgia? Found some 8-bit pony songs back from S1&2. Think the CMC anthem is almost better than the original.

11. - Top - End - #881

It's usually good when your expectations are met with a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    That brought back the memory of watching the old MC Hammer cartoon once. It was trash.

Can't Touch This.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    The being stuck at sea in a snow storm doesn't sound congrats-able … congrats-worthy? I dno what word I'm looking for here.
    Congratulatable?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Good luck with the book!

Have to see how long it takes you to beat Accelerate and Attack in terms of sold copies! (Which is 18, so not that high a target to beat, admittedly...)

If I have been quiet of late, its between panto (next week) and frantically designing/printing/painting the GLA/Phystyulons for Hammerhead (the week after the panto) and the general fatigue lag that has seen me watching all that anime (which is why I've been blithering in the anime thread more than here), there's not been much to bore you all with...

I feel like it seems unlikely I'm going to find the time to do that one massive AccAtt game where I make the Cybertank Effluvium class for my 40th at this rate... Though I'm thinking maybe I can cheat and do it post-October next year, y'know, during the year before I'm 41, rather than leading up to 40...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-02-12 at 09:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    On the book thing, I mean. The being stuck at sea in a snow storm doesn't sound congrats-able … congrats-worthy? I dno what word I'm looking for here. Stay safe though!
    Speaking of which, we went out to sea. Captain decided waves were too high, so we went back in. I literally got paid to sleep for 9 hours.

We might try again tonight if things clear up.

Spoiler: Went looking for pictures, found this
    Show
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

14. - Top - End - #884

Speaking of which, we went out to sea. Captain decided waves were too high, so we went back in. I literally got paid to sleep for 9 hours.
    Cool.

Today my campus was closed until noon with classes starting at one because of ice from the storm last night.

My only class on Tuesdays is from 12:30 to 1:45 class.

I still had to leave at my normal time because I'm on a share-ride service(thank God someone was there to let me in.)

Counting myself, three people showed up for a 45-minute class.

I can't help but feel like I've lost out on a time-investment.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #885

Show
    Applejack murders another wizard.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm more partial to Spike x Smolder.
    I also love SpikexSmolder.
    Applejack: I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Or maybe turns out that Ursula still survives and Applejack went bonkers after getting too close to her, like the end of Call of Cthulhu.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Well. Lesson learned with elenthnar infantry - next time, I'm going to take a leaf out of Dad's book and do them lying down. Not only are they diffciult to print on the home printer, they take up fou times as much space as bipeds, 'cos of their stance and even at imateralise that came to about a quid a pop for 144th (ouch) and I broke and had to desprately try to repair two of 'em getting them off the ludicrously spec'ed 3mm spruces imaterialse forces you to use.

As it would have it, Dad's just been experimenting with standing up infantry, and elected that is was so much more hassle that he's going to go back to doing lying down ones next time...!

Edit: Scratch that, actually... *sigh* Even just basing them is difficult, because of that spread - even basing 'em by threes (normally infantry is threes to fours, as squad size is something between six and eight, with ten being unusual), it might be difficult to get them to fit inside a 144th semi-detached house (35mm wide). three of 'em takes more space than a whole squad of humanoid infantry (an they are supposed to be only on the same level.)

I really... REALLY hate to say it, but... After all thet effort, I might have to go back to the drawing board (which, aside from the infantrym would mean I'd have to look at the BIKES again) and... Not do the spider-legs thing for the elenthnar.

DANG. IT.

I could, ponythread, use a hand, if you would (thread in Mad Science forum here), 'cos I'm not sure how to approach the now-requried re-design to try and hold the more-legs thing but get their stance down to something that is tolerably close to humanoid. I would really rather not ditch the four legs unless I really have to, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-02-13 at 01:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Right. So. Went to sea. Promptly got massively sea sick. Like, I've been on land for a couple of hours now, and my head is still spinning. I haven't eaten in over 24 hours, which is a good thing, because I'm still dry heaving. I suspect this isn't the career for me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2019-02-14 at 05:07 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #890

Right. So. Went to sea. Promptly got massively sea sick. Like, I've been on land for a couple of hours now, and my head is still spinning. I haven't eaten in over 24 hours, which is a good thing, because I'm still dry heaving. I suspect this isn't the career for me.
    Blech, that's no fun. I'll assume you've looked into all sorts of remedies for it; seemed like it would be an interesting job to have for a while. You get to travel a bit (even if no real destination). Hope you feel better soon.

Spoiler: Pony tax
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #891

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have hayfever tablets? Oh... either that or Benadryl... anything with diphenhydramine. That should help you a little and give you a little sleep.
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2019-02-14 at 11:28 AM.

22. - Top - End - #892

Yarrrrrrr me hearty. Yarrrrrr

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Survived another That Day without even being able to bury myself in massecring something to keep me stabilised.

Barely even noticed it, come to that, only occurred to me it was That Day late last night, completely otherwise no sign of it.

Grip must be weakening, whcih can only mean good things (ahaha) for those of on this end of the alignment pool. Huzzah!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-02-14 at 07:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    see, one more reason that Submarines are far FAR superior
    we get to go under and ride steady..no seasickness
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #895
    Dwarf in the Playground

Applejack: I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Appleshy1973 View Post
    I see they're releasing a D&D movie. Have they learned nothing?

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

I see they're releasing a D&D movie. Have they learned nothing?
    Yeah, I cringed at that a bit, too.

28. - Top - End - #898

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    see, one more reason that Submarines are far FAR superior
    we get to go under and ride steady..no seasickness
    True, but the downside is claustrophobia if you're not fond of enclosed spaces for weeks at a time.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Yeah, I cringed at that a bit, too.
    I'm curious about the G.I.Joe movie. I think the last series I saw was Renegade, which was excellent, but after that nothing.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

I bought some medicine, so we'll see how it goes for the next time out. I also learned an important lesson. They might have scheduled half an hour to do paper work, but that doesn't mean it'll take half an hour. As I learned four hours later.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #900

True, but the downside is claustrophobia if you're not fond of enclosed spaces for weeks at a time.
    A friend of mine in high school wanted to join the Navy and become a Submarine person.

He said he'd done research into it and said that you actually had to fail a specific part of the psych evaluation in a specific way to be staioned on a sub long term becuase "typical" people can't handle being trapped in confined spaces for extended periods of time and they still has special inflattable vests for getting people to the surface asap in case someone had a freak-out and needed fresh-air and/or sunlight right the **** now.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks